[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Umineko no Kanu Koro ni

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (14KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 225x318px
I remember watching this show sometime around 6 years ago and I was absolutely mesmerized by it. Turns out it had shit reviews.

I was planning on picking up the series again and I was just wondering, is the manga worth reading instead of the VN? A friend of mine who finished all the VNs of the series said the manga was pretty okay.
>>
Read the fucking VN
>>
File: jhg.png (341KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
jhg.png
341KB, 640x400px
>>143962267
I love Umineko so damn much. Too bad the writer wasn't good enough to realize its potential. It had some good ideas but the execution was just dumb. And the ending is laughably bad.
>>
>>143962309
Don't really want to commit myself to another VN since I'm a medfag, but is there really a noticeable difference? Yeah it might be getting some cuts along the corners, but maybe it might suffice?
>>
>>143962352
The OST nigger holy shit, half the experience is the music
>>
>>143962359
Alright, I guess you convinced me man. Is it worth getting off Steam or should I just do it the usual way?
>>
>>143962390
Download the PS3-ification patch, it only works with the original game.

While I'm personally more a fan of the original art, the voices really add to the experience, and those are only available with the PS3 patch.
>>
File: 1364008206004.gif (618KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1364008206004.gif
618KB, 400x229px
>>143962419
I guess I was spoiled by the anime art though since I prefer it way too much. Thanks man.
>>
Pretty good; except it had such an ass pull of an ending. Doesn't help that DEEN had a shit time with the animations and whatnot.
>>
>>143962419
>original art

Although I understand nostalgia and memes, I actually think the PS3 sprites are way better for this VN. Because the characters and setting really give a "high-class wealthy people in mansions" vibe. The more detailed and more realistic (although still anime) artstyle fits Umineko more. The old artstyle would fit more in a different more comedic VN. Also, the portraits and art are still very expressive imo. Just not as cartoonishly as the old art. And the voice acting in the PS3 version is great.
>>
How do you feel about Moogy-denka's sentiments about Umineko?

https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/4pov9s/list_23_vns_you_have_decided_against_reading_and/d4ndixi

>Hi, I read the entirety of Umineko as it came out and I feel like I'm being generous when I give it a 4/10. It's a convoluted mess that reads like it was written by a 12 year old. The Japanese fanbase refuses to so much as give Ryuukishi the time of the day nowadays for good reason.

>I don't know how the western fanbase continues to put up with Ryuukishi, and I honestly feel that it's damaging to the community as a whole to continue to obsess this much over a single work so long after the fact. The amount of Umineko discussion is one of the reasons people who read untranslated eroge feel so disconnected from the broader western fanbase, and it's not hard to see how stifling this level of obsession can be if you take a step back. This applies to other games as well (Fate and Majikoi, for example) and I suppose to a degree it comes part and parcel with the reality that you guys are exposed to such a tiny slice of what's out there, but when the game in question is something as obviously and majorly flawed as Umineko, I can't help but feel a sense of unease, I guess you could say.

>Honestly, I shouldn't have even posted in here. The way I approach the medium as a whole and what I look for out of eroge/VNs are simply too far removed from the western fanbase's to have any sort of meaningful discourse with people using translations, and I accept that. But at the same time, as someone who helped build the community as it is today, I guess I'm unable to fully suppress my irritation at the way it hasn't developed into the ideal I imagined for it over the years.
>>
File: 1zody0l.jpg (195KB, 1600x487px) Image search: [Google]
1zody0l.jpg
195KB, 1600x487px
>>143962532
Really a fan of Beato's old sprites, but to each his own.
>>
File: 1362160526997.jpg (791KB, 3000x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1362160526997.jpg
791KB, 3000x1280px
>>143962267
forget it, its just meme-tier shit

anyone that says its good is just trolling
>>
File: lols at this.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lols at this.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>143962532
Really turned me off at the start, but you'll get used to it.
>>
>>143962556
>leddit

Am I supposed to know who Moogy-denka is?
>>
I want to deito Lucifer.
>>
>>143962566
>tfw i also have beatrice's portrait in my room
>>
>>143962651
Good to have you here
>>
>>143962651
>come to thread
>ctrl + F "deito"
>see this

Please never leave Lucibro
>>
File: ddd.jpg (52KB, 273x371px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
52KB, 273x371px
>>143962689
You're cute.
>>
>>143962566
>needing to cross your legs to use your shit.

looks painful.
>>
>>143962556
He's absolutely right.
>>
File: delusions.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
delusions.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>143962651
>>
>>143962532
>more realistic (although still anime) artstyle
Not even a photo-realistic artstyle could make this realistic.
>>
>>143962798
It's a VN nigger, sprites aren't supposed to be scaled with objects in the background.
>>
File: 1453786729890.jpg (58KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
1453786729890.jpg
58KB, 639x479px
After years of waiting, this time is really great for seacats.
Hotarubi translation
Trianthology coming out soon
RGD new content
Steam releases left and right.

What a time to be alive
>>
>>143962359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGiSIYRxic8

Fucking godlike!
>>
>>143963022
>RGD new content

I'm looking forward to this. Aside from the ending, I really enjoyed RGD.
>>
>>143963022
>hotarubi translation
I can only find the prologue, are there any plans to keep going?
>RGD new content
I have't kept up, what's up with that?
>>
Just bought the Steam version, to find that there is no VA. Why.
>>
>>143963551
>I can only find the prologue, are there any plans to keep going?
Keep up anon
https://mega.nz/#F!zcVlzTyD!JI0QG9sVsBSWpZK7Bs7zWw
>>
>>143964131
Same reason why we don't have Ps3 sprites. Alchemist holds the rights for them
>>
>>143964378
Good point. Sad that they filed for bankruptcy though.
>>
Just read the manga OP.

You might miss out on the voices and OST, but the explanations and illustrations are better in the manga.

or do both for the full experience.
>>
>>143962556
>Honestly, I shouldn't have even posted in here. The way I approach the medium as a whole and what I look for out of eroge/VNs are simply too far removed from the western fanbase's to have any sort of meaningful discourse with people using translations, and I accept that.
Every fucking time.

The VN just got released officially this week. You guys might want to buy it if you liked the question arcs. Apparently Witch Hunt did a massive re-translation to make it easier to solve the murders without having to read Chiru.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.