[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mob Psycho 100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 79183l.jpg (142KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
79183l.jpg
142KB, 416x600px
You f/a/ggots hype for Saitama Jr.? Studio Bones is handling the animation this time, looks promising. Comes out later this month.
>>
>>143853696
well I've loved everything they've shown us so far
>>
I can't wait.
>>
>>143853696
Cant wait for the shitpost magnet of the season
>>
File: 1446442298880.png (1MB, 1323x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446442298880.png
1MB, 1323x1080px
>>143853696
>Saitama Jr.
Is this really a selling point to /a/ now? What the fuck happened to this board?
>>
People are going to read the comic,then shitpost endlessly about how bad the artstyle is.
>>
so is this leftovers from opm or what?
>>
>>143856619
Can you tell me what time of year it is right now anon?
>>
>>143856730
It's winter where I live, anon
>>
>>143856698
It's actually the main course. Considering it's what ONE actually cares about writing.
>>
>>143853696
Yes, and
>Studio Bones is handling the animation
It's pretty much guaranteed to at least look real good.
>>
>>143856640
That was guaranteed
>>143856698
Fuck off somewhere. Don't start this shit
>>143856764
>>143856764
Mob is his passion yes, but he cares about opm as well
>>
to me it looks promising on every level, from the animation style to the soundtrack, I just whish I knew what those people from the tv special were saying
>>
>>143853696
>Saitama Jr.
So Tats and Saitama confirmed to be Mob's parents?
>>
>>143857260
>extremely curly green hair and straight black hair give straight black hair
Hair physics are weird.
>>
It looks absurdly good.
>>
>>143853696
It comes in, like, 72 hours.

I just hope Bones won't ignore the SoL for higher selling battles.
>>
Saw episodes 1 and 2 at AX, it was pretty damn fun.
>>
>>143857719
any particular thoughts? how was the VA?
>>
>>143857719
How was the animation? Was it received well by the audience?
>>
>>143857849
Pretty funny and I really liked the facial expressions of Reigen. The voice acting was pretty good for the most part although it was in a crowd of people laughing, cheering, and clapping like true Americans. I'm pretty sure the biker spirit was Keiji Fujiwara but I could be wrong. Mob had a good bored/monotone sounding voice and Reigen was also pretty good. For the record I haven't read the web comic at all but my friend who was really into it loved the episodes.
>>143857881
The animation was pretty nice when it needed to be and like I said above I liked the facial expressions, it seemed to emulate one's style pretty well in that regard.

The audience loved it and went nuts, especially after the director announced they were showing ep 2 as well, which ended with notes from the staff thanking everybody for being there and saying they'd like to all come to AX next year if possible.

To summarize briefly what was in each ep:

Ep 1 began with Mob fighting shit in the spiritual realm and then introduced Reigen and his business. Ends with them in the tunnel where mob fights the biker spirits and the other evil spirit.

Ep 2 was the telekinesis club trying to get Mob to join and ended with him wanting to join the bodybuilding club.

Anyway, it was hard not to be caught up in the hype of watching it with an audience and the director up front so take my praise with a grain of salt.
>>
>>143858285
I read that they went all creative and stuff in the animation department, with different animation and drawing styles, did you see any of that? did it feel random or somehow consistent?
>>
>>143857260
>>143857452
Sounds more like Fubuki and Saitama
>>
>>143858285
>it seemed to emulate one's style pretty well in that regard

Fuck.
>>
>>143856619
It's a selling point for normalfags, which is perfect for /a/ now
>>
>>143858285
How is the ambiance music and the overall soundtrack?
>>
>>143858285
>it seemed to emulate one's style pretty well in that regard
Excellent.
>>
>>143858285

They showed the second episode?!

Fuck I left after the first because audience QA is always autistic cringe shit
>>
>>143853696
you can tell that the fanbase has its own retards with the "dbz arc" bullshit
>>
File: 57769981_p0.jpg (679KB, 687x866px) Image search: [Google]
57769981_p0.jpg
679KB, 687x866px
>>143853696
>Saitama Jr.
Don't do that
Also Mob > Saitama
>>
>>143861603
Duuuude, Saitama wourld reck Mop in one punch, man
>>
>>143861711
lol
inb4 fuckoff
>>
>>143861711
Obviously I'm talking about character qualities, not power you idiot.
Powerlevel faggotry is for retards.
>Duuuude
>wourld
>reck
>>>/r/eddit
>>
Why didn't they used Murata's artstyle? This shit looks like it was drawn by a kindergartener.
>>
>>143862074
(you)
>>
>>143862074
>Why didn't they used Murata's artstyle?
nigga please
>>
>>143862074
>Why didn't they used Murata's artstyle?
To filter out retards like you
Sasuga Bones.
>>
>Interviewer
With the release of the the teaser PV to the public, we've had fan reactions like "The original's art flows really well" and "The mood of the original isn't destroyed at all". As the person who runs the TV production, what are your own impressions, ONE-san?

>ONE
Even though it's my own art, it's become really livid. I was thinking "Is it really okay to draw it like this?". (laughs)

>TACHIKAWA
Hahaha (laughs)

>ONE
With this becoming an anime, I really get the impression I found my design eventhough I'm really idealistic, like "this angle is really as expected", I really felt like this is an upgrade from the original style.
Interviewer
Did the supervisor expect the fans' reactions?

>TACHIKAWA
When a manga gets turned into an anime, the biggest worry is; how far are we gonna take over the original's atmosphere in the animation? When we first got the Mob Psycho 100 project, we discussed a lot of topics like "maybe we should make Mob a bit more good-looking, make him a bit more slender, to accompany the current anime industry's taste".
>>
>>143862146

>ONE
From the beginning I've been anxious regarding the designs, so when it was decided this was going to become an anime I was thinking "will the current art really cut it..." and it bothered me. So when the anime came and the topics of making Mob more handsome and going with stylish art were brought up to me, I thought maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

>TACHIKAWA
Then I thought, doing that to Mob Psycho 100, wouldn't it be wrong? The first time I read the original work, I thought we just had to bring over that peculiarity of the atmosphere that it had. So when the PV was released and I saw the fans' reactions I was really happy, right. I thought it was a really good thing we kept drawing it like that.

>ONE
It's thanks to the guys at the production team who just went with the style of the original work and finished something really amazing. And because of that, I too think it's good we didn't change it.
Interviewer
This is just hypothetical, but could it have happened that a spotlight would be put on Mob and Reigen's bodies with character designs aimed at girls?

>TACHIKAWA
Looking at it from the anime production's perspective, it really became symbolic and easy to draw when stepping away from that sort of design. Making the hair rustled, putting in highlights and making everything sparkly, there are plenty of animators who are good at that sort of stuff, I think. Everyone who's participating in this loves ONE-san's art style, that's why things have sort of flowed into this direction where we make the best of the original work's designs in order to pursue ONE-san's art's "flavour".

>ONE
Mob is a character who is dull and unpopular, so I think changing him into someone more handsome would turn it into a completely different story.
Interviewer
Originally, when the anime project was decided, ONE-san, how did you feel?
>>
>>143862159
ONE
I was surprised, actually. At the very beginning I received an e-mail from the editor-in-chief saying "The Mob Psycho 100 anime project has been decided", but it was a time I was working on a manuscript so I only replied "Thank you very much". Then one night while I was out, it came to me; "Huh, yesterday that mail said 'anime project'".
TACHIKAWA
Ahaha (laughs). "Huh" - after collecting yourself.
ONE
I thought I just had to confirm this with my ears so I immediately called them to confirm. So surprised, I slowly asked "Eh, are you really doing an anime project?", I didn't believe it at first, you see. I got to work in such a grateful environment and I was really happy.
Interviewer
What were the supervisor's initial impressions on Mob Psycho 100?
TACHIKAWA
When the anime project was decided, I had only read until around volume 6, but before that there were some worries.
ONE
Fufufu (laughs)
TACHIKAWA
What is the correct way to put this on TV? When the time came, no one really had a "vision" that came right up. No one thought "hey, if it's in anime form it should be like this", not the kind of work you can imagine that for easily. But exactly for that reason, while still worrying, I myself got interested in all the challenges we would have to face in order to create an interesting work.
Interviewer
Overall, working for the supervisor, what parts were particularly fussed about?
>>
>>143862234

>TACHIKAWA
We've talked about this just now as well, but concerning putting it on TV, I thought that the undescribable atmosphere the original work has, that you feel when you first read it, needs to be treated as something really important. And we love ONE-san's panel layout and ability to draw, so basically coming up with a way to keep the atmosphere of the original while also inevitably having it different. We're really endeavouring on a new trial here, thinking about how to bring those panels to the animated world and things like that.

>Interviewer
Forgive me for saying it like it's nothing, but it really seems like an animation that was very easily brought over from the original work, doesn't it?

>TACHIKAWA
That is true. I think it's a broad-minded work. Looking from the presentation perspective it's a lot of fun.
>ONE
The staff wanted to go for a more traditional "what if we draw it according to the original" direction. To me, it felt better to draw without being restricted by the original work, so quite the opposite. For example, in the scene where Mob and Teru fight, in the manga many parts were cut out and simplified where in the anime we added original parts and it's really become interesting. I myself look forward to it every time.
Interviewer
I feel one of the virtues of the original is the gag pace, but it seems hard to drop that into the anime, I feel.
>>
>>143862254
>TACHIKAWA
It is hard. The tempo of conversations and the way of taking in the pacing is particularly important during gag scenes. But I think peoples' tastes in those parts vary, so we won't know until we see the audience's reaction. But when I listen to the voice actors' performances I do think everyone is going to give it a laugh.

>ONE
I was able to observe the postrecording sessions and I surprisingly laughed during the gag scenes. Maybe it was because of the fact they have voices now (laughs). Sakurai-san (Reigen's VA)'s performance as well, I really feel like the audience is going to be made to laugh, it's super interesting.

>TACHIKAWA
Everyone in the cast really added a good flavour, don't you think. People will find their own pleasure in the surreal performance so I think people are going to laugh and it'll be great.
Interviewer
ONE-san, you've heard virtually every performance from the cast, how was it?

>ONE
I was shocked at how much the voices added to the work. There's the original vision that carried over from the manga, but hearing it for the first time was quite a sensation, since when I first drew the manga I had no idea at all about the voices for the characters. When I started drawing the manga, for a while, I hadn't determined the ages of the characters at all, with the exception of Mob. When the anime came around, things like that became surprisingly fundamental, I think I delved much deeper into the characters than ever before.

TL by PuppetPasta
>>
>>143862146
>>143862159
>>143862234
>>143862254
>>143862293
Thank you kindly
>>
>>143856761
fucking straya
>>
>>143862146
>>TACHIKAWA
>When a manga gets turned into an anime, the biggest worry is; how far are we gonna take over the original's atmosphere in the animation? When we first got the Mob Psycho 100 project, we discussed a lot of topics like "maybe we should make Mob a bit more good-looking, make him a bit more slender, to accompany the current anime industry's taste".
Good thing they decided to go with ONE's design. It would've been weird to have a good looking Reigen and mob.
>>
>>143862293
nice good to hear their thoughts regarding the adaption of ones style, i think it works way better that
>>
>>143862146
>>143862159
>>143862234
>>143862254
>>143862293
I fucking love ONE
Thanks PuppetPasta
>>
File: mob girl.png (131KB, 297x466px) Image search: [Google]
mob girl.png
131KB, 297x466px
>>143862487
>It would've been weird to have a good looking Reigen and mob.
Implying Reigen isn't handsome and mob isn't cute while cross-dressingregardless of style
>>
>>143862159
>This is just hypothetical, but could it have happened that a spotlight would be put on Mob and Reigen's bodies with character designs aimed at girls?

They know their audience, but they're underestimating fujos a lot, they don't need handsome boys to fantasize(the series is incredibly popular with fujos already)
>>
File: 39836937_p9.jpg (119KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
39836937_p9.jpg
119KB, 600x900px
>>143862487
Reigen is good looking in any way.
>>
Im hyped as fukk. Im ready watch anime again.
>>
>>143863743
for some reason japanese creators who calculate what will sell or not are unable to grasp the basics of how fans work.

Basically as you said, for both girls and boys alike, it's less about having pretty characters, but rather unique yet simple designs with deep interaction with the other characters, and most importantly, a huge cast. With a long line of characters there are bound to be a favorite for any type of fan.
>>
>Saitama Jr.

Kill yourself.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.