[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the hell does an arcade game from the 80s get its own anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: You should watch it.png (2MB, 1080x1502px) Image search: [Google]
You should watch it.png
2MB, 1080x1502px
How the hell does an arcade game from the 80s get its own anime?
>>
Shoji Gatoh, that's how
>>
>>143802247
This game made history.
>>
>>143802247
i think the fact that the show was surprisingly decent is a bigger surprise.
>>
SWINGING SWINGING
>>
>>143802611
The openings were top tier.
https://youtu.be/alRP32ZHv3o
>>
Fatina deserved to win, and go climb another tower.
>>
>>143802957
The show didn't even try to make the romance between Jil and Kaaya convincing.
>>
>>143802611
Never skipped it.
>>
>first episode was the only good one
So much lost potential
>>
>>143802957
best girl Succubus won
>>
>>143802247
There is a bunch of scholastic books that got an anime.
>>
>>143802469
Yeah, it was great, until worst girl won. Then I just stopped caring.
>>
>>143803231
The whole series was pretty good.
>>
>>143803231
Having a first episode that good was already above the best we could have expected.
>>
>>143803328
Too bad Deltora Quest fucking sucked.
>>
Coopa > Succubus = Ki > Hyper Knight = Uragon > shit > Kaaya = Fatina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Henaro
>>
File: tower-of-drauga-fatina.jpg (83KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
tower-of-drauga-fatina.jpg
83KB, 500x332px
>>143802247
Pissed me off she lost to wet blanket the character.
>>
>>143803564
They all sucked to a degree.
>>
>>143802247
For whatever reason Namco often pushes Gil for cameos and such even though the actual series has been dead for years. During those years they were particularly active about it.

Gil even was in Keroro RPG and Tales of Hearts as an assist character, alongside Namco vs Capcom. The Tower mode in SCIV also was designed as a big Tower of Druaga (the game) homage with the way the floor and treasure system worked.
>>
>>143803572
It was great how the way they both got tossed aside in the end of the first season got turned into a popular NTR play.

That means someone who was there at the top found it hilarious and spread the tale
>>
>>143802247
I couldn't stop thinking the older brother was proto-Sasuke with his obsession of revenge.
>tfw they killed off the ninja guy way too early
>>
>>143802247
It was actually decent.
Not great as they can't decide if they go comedy or more serious but plot actually make sense9even if exposition to it was low) and characters were likeable.
I like it. Also oppenings were great.
>>
First episode was amazing
First season was good
Second season was shit
>>
This show has fuck all to do with the game
>>
>>143804552
I think there's also an MMO called like that. The fact that it managed to not fall into the same pitfalls that every fucking isekai adaptation willinglly falls into, despite having an excuse,makes it worthy of admiration
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.