[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do they Take Place in the same Universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: anime 567876567876789.png (467KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
anime 567876567876789.png
467KB, 640x360px
Do they Take Place in the same Universe?
>>
>>143789579
>Haibane Renmei happens in the afterlife
>Internet exists in Lain, but prosthetics don't
>Prosthetics exist in Tex, but the internet doesn't
Probably not.
>>
File: 1097876898446.jpg (496KB, 1479x1421px) Image search: [Google]
1097876898446.jpg
496KB, 1479x1421px
>>143789579
>forgetting Mayuko
>>
Which one was the best?
For me it goes tex > lain > haibane renmei
All three are good though
>>
>>143790782
Swap Tex and Lain for me. I'd put them about equal, I just prefer Lain's style.

Haibane is still great, it just gets a little melodramatic at times.
>>
File: 1451610679485.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1451610679485.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Obligatory
>>
>>143789579
>Lain
Earth
>Texhnolyze
Hell
>Haibane Renmei
Heaven
>>
>>143790782
All 3 are in my top ten but same order as yours.

>>143791411
I randomly designated them as
>Texhnolyze
Body
>Haibane
Soul
>Lain
Mind
>>
haibane > lain > niea > phenomeno > shit > texhnolyze
>>
>>143790412
I guess Haibane are like versions of the aliens in Niea that have actually got their shit together.
>>
>>143791411
Tex wasn't hell, it was purgatory
>>
>>143791411
>Haibane Renmei
>Heaven

It's revealed pretty damn quickly that it's no such thing.
>>
>>143791577
Yes, somehow. Though aliens in NieA were secondary to the plot. Mayuko is just an ordinary girl.
I would argue that no othet SoL captured the ordinary-ness of life as perfectly as Niea_7
>>
>tfw still haven't watched Lain past the 6th episode.
I just find it confusing.
>>
>>143791802
>I would argue that no other SoL captured the ordinary-ness of life as perfectly as Niea_7
Mayuko was brilliantly likeable in that regard, it's just a shame that a lot of the rest of the show was so unpolished. I read somewhere though that Niea_7 was chosen to be adapted as a way of cooling off after making Lain, so it makes sense that it seems to be more of a jumble of various ideas in a SoL shell.
>>
>>143791878
Just watch it without thinking that you have to 'get' any of it. Enjoy the ride on your first watch and then spend some time thinking about it afterwards if you want more.
>>
>>143791878
>>haven't watched Lain past the 6th episode
That's why you find it confusing.
>>
>>143792129
The rest of the show was a bit unconventional, yet fine, in my opinion. A jumble of various ideas without much resolution somehow outlines the "ordinary life" as well. Or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much. But I liked it all, even the questionable humour parts. And the OP, which definitely has its charm. ED was better, though. It was perfect.

It's sad that NieA_7 is so underrated that you can never find a discussion on /a/
>>
>>143792697
I'm a massive fan of the OP and it's a tragedy that a fair amount of people seem to really dislike it. Both the OP and the ED do a great job of capturing the show's darker and lighter aspect respectively but for me the OP stands out far more.
>>
>>143793654
Speaking of which. Have you encountered a translation of the OP's lyrics that made sense? In what I've seen, either tranlsators did a poor job or I couldn't understand it because english is not my first language. Usually I have no problems, though, so it's strange.
>>
>>143793893
I haven't thought about it before but neither of the two translations that I just had a look at made that much sense at all. I reckon they're either fairly nonsensical lyrics to begin with or they're easy to translate far too literally, my Japanese isn't nearly good enough to tell though.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.