[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ban transported/reincarnated stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 14

File: s012.jpg (207KB, 728x1125px) Image search: [Google]
s012.jpg
207KB, 728x1125px
The death of isekai has finally begun?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-30/short-story-contest-bans-traveling-to-an-alternate-world-fantasy/.103755

>Shousetsuka ni Narou, has apparently seen enough. The contest has announced that it will not be accepting any submissions with plots about "traveling to alternate worlds" or "being reincarnated into other worlds."
>>
>mangafox
>>
Okay.

I mean cool I guess. Pretty bad that it had to come to that, but there's always going to be imitators when something is successful.
>>
Banning a whole genre is kind of dumb, the problem is not the genre but the low quality lazy writing that most of the genre's writers shit out. They should just review and reject crap entries on an individual basis.
>>
>>143535266
>mangafox
>>
>>143535380
>Banning a whole genre is kind of dumb
This. At this point is has become a genre unto itself rather than just a single story element.
>>
>>143535380
nah, this is good, it would discourage people from writing this shit for the time being, and maybe next time someone writes it, it will be actually good
>>
>>143535434
Fuck off.
>>
>inb4 Streisand effect
>>
>>143535380
It's a waste of time and the volume has to be ridiculous.
>>
>>143535266
No, on the contrary, it means isekai is even much more popular than what people believed.

Prepare to see an increase of it
>>
>>143535380
The problem is absolutely the genre. The "reincarnated into a videogame setting" is crafted from the ground up to be a vehicle facilitating the laziest writing possible.

Instead of having to theorize and describe how the fantastical elements of the world work they can all be written off with "they operate just like the MMOs and RPGs everyone is familiar with". Skills get stronger because they level up. You can take more stab wounds to the gut because you have more HP. Gameifying the world removes a lot of the explanations immersion would otherwise require.

Currency also conveniently comes in decimal denominations with easy value conversions to the Japanese yen.

Adventurer guilds are also a convenient way to justify monster hunting and dungeon diving without ever getting into the real specifics of how a monster hunting and dungeon diving economy would work.

The laziness also extends to exploiting the fantasy setting to make magic convenient catch-all device to gloss over all the details of the world the author doesn't want to think too much about. Laundry and hygiene is taken care of with water magic. Injuries and illnesses are taken care of with healing magic. Slavery is taken care of with contract magic. Dungeons and monsters are formed through magic. Adventurer guild membership cards and stats screens are all magic. Ah, magic sure is convenient isn't it?

And let's not forget that the fantasy worlds that our Japanese protagonists are transported to often speak a language nearly identical to modern Tokyo-dialect Japanese or have convenient translation magic to make linguistic issues trivial.

Everything is just convenient. And the main character will often wittily remark as such to show how genre aware he is.

It's a story element and genre crafted to encourage laziness. It's better off banned from serious consideration in a publication contest.
>>
>mangafox
>>
>>143535266
Let's make it so the alternate world is the one who goes to MC.
>>
>>143535380
>They should just review and reject crap entries on an individual basis.
This would take forever.
>>
>>143535643
All of your points are not inherently isekai problems, but problems of lazy fantasy writing.
>>
>>143535643
That shit can be done even without reincarnation as a plot device.
>>
File: 1466470820738.png (518KB, 1453x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1466470820738.png
518KB, 1453x1810px
>>143535266
About fucking time shit.

Now let's go with some original fantasy stories about knights in armor doing knight stuff and suffering.
>>
>>143535742
>>143535728
Reincarnation enables it because it acknowledges that our world exists in the story, which smooths over the transposition of elements of our world videogames into that world, and ensures the protagonist as a hikkiNEET otaku is well placed to exploit knowledge of video games.
>>
>>143535772
A knight cannot put on his armor without assistance.

>>143535827
And there's isekai stories that don't follow these tropes and there's non-isekai stories that do.

It's not iseakai.
>>
>>143535742
>>143535728
nah. "guy from our world goes to another that functions like stuff in broad common knowledge" lets you shortcut having to think about how your world works. it's not impossible to write lazily otherwise, but it's a heck of a lot easier when you have other genres of games and anime doing all the work for you.
>>
>>143535380

You know how this shit tends to work, right?

>send a short sample and summary of your work (generally needs to meet certain rules set down by the publisher; gaining more freedom requires becoming an established author first)
>editors look it over
>either throw it out or contact you

They're not going to sit there and read a hundred pages for every last entry that comes in. There are no shortage of authors out there who want to be published. They simply don't have time to spare to give each of them a thorough look.

They're basically adding "there are too many isekai stories lately, so don't bother, because we'll just throw them out" to the rules.
>>
>>143535850
>A knight cannot put on his armor without assistance.
Magic
>>
>>143535850
Magic
>>
>>143535853
>lets you shortcut having to think about how your world works.
But so does all generic fantasy.
We just had an anime air that just generally said (before every opening): "So here's 3 kingdoms, and there's also a dragon and shit's about to go down."

>it's not impossible to write lazily otherwise
And it's not impossible to put effort into isekai.
>>
>>143535827
>>143535853

This:
>>143535850
>And there's isekai stories that don't follow these tropes and there's non-isekai stories that do.
>
>It's not iseakai.

Also why are you so fixated on games? Plenty of these stories have them transported into real fantasy worlds that have nothing to do with games.

If the author says "we clean shit with water magic" then that is that. Whether the main character is reincarnated from another world or not has absolutely zero affect on that.
>>
>>143535889
>>143535891
Then he can get a transformation sequence too, with pink background and everything.
>>
>>143535889
>>143535891
Samefag.
>>
Good. Can we ban them off /a/ too?

I mean I filtered most of thoses anyway, but still.
>>
>>143535936
Please delete your name. I can't cringe this much in a day. It's not good for me.
>>
>>143535948
4chan had a little trouble for a second there. Posts took a while get through, and I imagine that guy thought his one had been lost so he reposted it.
>>
>>143535850
>putting on armor without assistance is his cheat skill
>>
>>143535966
>inb4 crash
/ghost/ where?
>>
>>143535380
There's a reason "stuck in a videogame" plots are considered the absolute bottom of the barrel in most fiction-writing circles. I mean, that was the standard some 15 years ago when I first got into writing and it had been the standard for many years prior.
>>
>>143535266
Why would you want to write an Isekai story?

I don't understand this. Isn't it easier to write an original fantasy/sci-fi story especially one with slice of life events in it? Or are writers becoming shit now-a-days?
>>
File: 1466273718753.jpg (16KB, 321x285px) Image search: [Google]
1466273718753.jpg
16KB, 321x285px
>>143535266
Good. The isekai genre was trash anyway
>>
>>143536016
That site is just for underage amateur writers. It's infamous in Japan and its name is used as a name for "reincarnated in a different world" stories.
>>
>>143536016
See >>143535643 for how videogame elements make world building easier.
>>
>>143536016
Because it is a nice fresh take an story tropes that have been around forever.
>>
File: 1413688682814.png (480KB, 507x430px) Image search: [Google]
1413688682814.png
480KB, 507x430px
>>143535643
>Everything is just convenient. And the main character will often wittily remark as such to show how genre aware he is.

God I hate when this happens. "Hee, look how genre-savvy I am, look how self-aware I am". Okay, but being genre-savvy and self-aware means fuck-all when you're still profiting off of or otherwise benefiting from something that you know is retarded instead of thinking of a workaround like any competent writer ought to. It's not funny, it's not cute.
>>
>>143535902
>We just had an anime air that just generally said (before every opening): "So here's 3 kingdoms, and there's also a dragon and shit's about to go down."
Chaos Dragon?

>it's not impossible to write lazily otherwise
Still, it does make things a hell of a lot easier.

>And it's not impossible to put effort into isekai.
But the existence of crutches discourages effort.
>>
>>143536043
>underage
They're people over 30 years old from what I last heard.
>>
File: 1461999462107.png (1MB, 1366x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461999462107.png
1MB, 1366x1000px
Good god

Now they have to actually bother to world build and give rhe MC an actual background
>>
>>143536043
And yet they keep getting publishing deals?
>>
File: 1443147952466.png (77KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443147952466.png
77KB, 250x250px
Instead of making a story about a hikki/NEET/otaku from our world being transported to a fantasy world, why not just make a story about a hikki/NEET/otaku from said fantasy world?
>>
>>143536128
The thing about getting published is, it's not exactly about quality.
It's about whether the story looks like it's going to sell.

If a story is popular with the community of a website, then yes, it's going to sell.
>>
File: small.webm (626KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
small.webm
626KB, 640x480px
>>143536016
>there will never be another fantasy story as good as slayers
>>
>>143536156
Slayers wasn't even that good though. I mean I liked it, but it was far from the best fantasy story.
>>
>>143536110
>Still, it does make things a hell of a lot easier.
Which is why LotR clones are so popular in the west.

You see, it's not about a particular tool that makes it easier. It's just something they are familiar with. When you're an expert on knives, you'll think of your problems in terms of how to cut them, not how to nail them together.
>>
>>143536131
Because the modern world has welfare and social services to ensure that hikkiNEETs can still survive. In a medieval world they would just starve and die or sell themselves into indentured servitude.
>>
>>143536189
>social services didn't exist in the middle ages
I want this pauper to leave.
>>
>>143536131
Chaika's MC was a NEET at the start.
>>
>>143536189
You had them in the past too, it's just that they were restricted to the upper classes.
>>143536210
Yeah, but he was a war veteran, not a nerd.
>>
>>143536131
>>143536189
>Because the modern world has welfare and social services to ensure that hikkiNEETs can still survive. In a medieval world they would just starve and die or sell themselves into indentured servitude.

Make it a story about a ridiculously rich noble NEET who travels the world to attempt to satisfy his niche tastes. Like, fuck, I dunno. Maybe he likes rare pottery, so he has to invade an orcish nation or find the elusive elves, and therefore has to hire mercenaries to protect and guide him. And when he meets those people nobody ever believes he is after pottery because he is too rich and looks too weird, so the mercenaries are wary all the time and the people the NEET wants to talk with don´t trust him and put obstacles in his way.
>>
>>143536223
Nah, food for the masses has always been a thing in societies that were rich enough to bear the load.
>>
If you were running a short story contest in Japan, what elements would you ban?
>>
>>143535850

That's why irritating armor gremlin/team mascot exists.
>>
>>143536285
Cell phones.
Fuck them. I hate how convenient they make everything. Got lost? Call up google maps. Hungry? Call up a pizza delivery. Lonely? Just call up the alternative universe version of your crush. Need money? Sell it to some ignorant moron who thinks it's a magical artifact.
>>
File: Mangafox-1.jpg (203KB, 728x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Mangafox-1.jpg
203KB, 728x1074px
>>143535266
>>
>>143536285
My personal ban list:

No Reincarnated/Transported to a new world.
No Harem

That's literally all I have. Shouldn't be that hard to make a story.
>>
>>143535380
It will finally force people to actually work on their worlds, plot, setting and some kind of actual introduction
>>
How come no one ever made an isekai where the MC creates his own universe? He then walk among his creations and then hijinks ensue.
>>
>>143536377
That has been done.
>>
>>143536223
>toru
>war veteran
Did you watched the show?
>>
>>143536377
Kyousou Giga?
>>
>>143536377
A series about a deity who makes their own world from scratch, including the political system, economy, the gods of that world, and technology.

They then try to blend into the created world and not use their power to influence events, and watch things play out.

>True God watches best girl get btfo.
>He literally can't intervene to save her, he can't even guarantee she can go to False God Heaven

I could get off to this despair.
>>
>>143536324
Finds a way?
>>
I don't think isekai on its own is that bad. Now don't get me wrong, the quality of those works is usually at a level where they should've been included in the Geneva convention. And these game world things are absolutely terrible. But reincarnation or whatever is just like dumping an amnesiac somewhere but giving him a predetermined character. It's not that bad, just a good excuse for dumping information about the workings of the world.
>>
>>143536406
Doesn't Chaika start with him complaining about how he's unemployable since he's a mercenary and there's no war going on anymore? That's why he decided to follow her at first, a new war might start and he might finally get to work in his profession again?
>>
File: Survey_v01_324-330.jpg (2MB, 6070x1598px) Image search: [Google]
Survey_v01_324-330.jpg
2MB, 6070x1598px
Eh, forcing more creativity isn't a bad idea. There are so many ideas for short stories you could have that don't involve going to a another world, or even don't involve fantasy at all. Kamachi came up with enough random writing prompt ideas that he ended up discarding, that he was able to cherry pick some to rescue from the trash heap to fill a couple of LN volumes with.

>a short story about sapient malware convincing a user not to delete it by using a kawaii 2D avatar
>a short story about modern ninjas in a technological arms race
>a short story about meeting an elf through online dating
>a short story about being followed around by a set of numbers
>a short story about selling caskets for vampires to sleep in
>a short story about the privatization of hell
>a short story about superheroes of different genres all getting in each other's way
>>
>>143536285
cute girls doing cute things, though that's a genre and not element, seriously that shit has been plaguing the industry for years and is far bigger than isekai yet people give it a free pass because
>m-muh cute
>>
>>143536483
Kamachi doesn't count because it has been confirmed to be government ai test program that keeps constantly writing a shitton of series at once only to have publishers pick what they like the most and sell it for mad neet bucks
>>
>>143536497
>years
Newfag.
>>
>>143536497
That's probably the hardest for a 30-40 year old male NEET to write.
>>
>>143535266
Now I'm curious to see what the numbers on published/submitted works in the genre are. I wouldn't be surprised if the default story for teenage wannabee writers is isekai thanks to the popularity of SAO and the like. It's understandable that the contest wouldn't want something like 40% of the submission to be the same story, because that's gonan ruin your jurors.

And as someone who tried writing in the genre once, it's good that it's growth in popularity is slowed down. At least to me, the interesting part is the contrast between the game and real world logic and characters struggling with a world that's both similiar and strange and finding themselves thrown into a different role in life.

But with the popularity of isekai shows, it has been become more and more game-y. Writers who really care about their stories will still write them, even if won't make them popular. But with more space for story-based fantasy those writers will have more persepectives and hopefully will produce better stories.
>>
>>143536377
It's been done and it was edgy as fuck.

I think it ended right after a twist tho. Shit all around.
>>
File: serious.jpg (138KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
serious.jpg
138KB, 600x846px
>>143535266
>yfw Alice in wonderland is the earlist sample of isekai
>>
>>143536377
Sword Art Online if the MC was Heathcliff
>>
>>143536715
Gulliver's Travels did it first.
>>
>>143535380

Maybe they want to do something different than compare a milllion isekai stories for which one sucks the least and actually do something different.
>>
>>143536715
for a second there i thought that king kong was a reverse-isekai
>>
>>143536735
>>143536715
Both had novelty and good writing, but if a trend develops to just copy and rehash Alice's plot with only minor changes it's better to ban the genre until something unique props up.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 900x651px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 900x651px
Finally it is Keitai's time to shine.
>>
>>143536735
>I'm just a random guy but suddenly I was drawn into the final battle of the Gods and apparently I am supposed to recreate all humanity with my twin sister?
>>
>>143536791
But I am reading like 3 or 4 at the moment and they all feel unique from one another.
>>
>>143536110
Not him but I'm almost sure he's talking about Seisen Cerberus. I actually liked it.

That said, fantasy settings can also be lazy, its not isekais specific.

Dungeon deai (or something) is a fantasy but all MMO/JRPG themed with all of that shit like dungeon, level up. It's a Game Fantasy.

Even when it's not games to use the
>dude, just like my games lmao
like this topic Game Isekais

Fantasies usually go
>dude, it's magic, I aint gonna explain shit
too. Magic Fantasies.

Then there are thing like Harry Potter that are Magic Isekai that still follow the same rules.
>>
>>143536377
Just Isekai When they/seaguls cry verse.
Id watch/read that shit
>>
I hope that involves any "maou does wacky things" stories. I am fucking sick of them.
>>
What isekai novels you consider being good? Overlord?
>>
>>143536844
>Harry Potter is Magic Isekai
What
>>
>>143536878
Faust
>>
>>143535380
This.

The Twelve Kingdoms was/is absolutely amazing and proof that Isekai can be actually great if thought is put into the setting, characters and world.
>>
LNs are looked upon as some of the worst creations in book world.

Same level as harlequins.

No offense but you are really an idiot for reading them.
>>
>>143536844
The magic of Harry Potter is actually kind of interesting because instead of dividing the magic into elements that can be manipulated and making it apparently built from the ground up to be combat-oriented i.e. convenient for a videogame, instead it's a shitload of one-off spells with narrow usages loosely classed into a range of academic subjects that, all in combination, mainly serve as enhancers of quality of life and day to day convenience.
>>
>>143536902
Holy shit
>>
>>143536829
For each good isekai there are heaps of lazily written ones.

But then this ban is not industry-wide just in a contest so that new people write something more unique, this ban is to prevent writers taking the same old safe route and it's good.

Good isekai stuff will always survive.
>>
>>143536252
High fantasy hyouge mono? Would read.
Actually, I wouldn't mind isekai hyouge mono either, if it focuses on appreciation of original aesthetics, and not the usual MCs greatness among native savages.

Btw is thermae romae isekai?
>>
>>143536920
>LNs are looked upon as some of the worst creations in book world.
>>143536967
>>For each good isekai there are heaps of lazily written ones.

Same shit was said about stuff like Lovecraft's work.
>>
>>143536967
What's the ratio of good fantasy stories to bad fantasy stories in nip industry?

I'm also surprised next to banning Isekai they didn't ban the Go to School genre.
>>
>>143536954
What, you don't like it?
>>
>>143536967
>For each good story there are heaps of lazily written ones.

FTFY
>>
>>143536878
Muv-Luv Alternative
>>
>>143536994
1:9 like everything.
>>
>>143536791
like hamlet you mean?
>>
>>143536923
I personally find the lore of HP really cheap and lazy.
>>
>>143536878
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
>>
>>143536878
Divine Comedy. That one short by Asimov featuring Space Nazis.

For real though? Close to none. I liked Kumo's earlier chapters then it fell to the usual Demon King and RPG-style skills problem. Overlord's kinda eh, but it's not the worst I suppose.
>>
>>143537036
I didn't say it was good, I just said it was a change from JRPG magic.
>>
>>143536899
>normal, but withdrawn basement dwelling chap living in a normal world is suddenly thrown into a magic school where he meets his new companions: wacky cheap-ass gingerjew and obnoxious know-it all pedobait
>>
>>143537084
Also, he is the most important wizard in the world.
>>
>>143536406
Yes, Toru was a retrenched fighter you retard.
Where do you think he gets his combat skills from? He was raised from young to fight and taught the Iron Blood thing, but war's over and thus he just lazes around.
>>
>>143537104
Ah, yes of course. He's simply the best at a genetic level, became a world famous wizard as a fucking baby, and he's got more money than the rest of the island combined.
>>
>>143537009
Just havent even thought of it this way since its a bit about different things.
>>
>>143536985
>Same shit was said about stuff like Lovecraft's work.
But lovecraft wrote many meh stories, hiss good ones are so good they overshadow the bad stuff.

Also my opinions of isekai might be biased as I don't like it much like normal school with magical setting.
>>
>>143537084
Yes, but it's a hidden aspect of our own world, not a wholly new world. I'd call it urban fantasy at best.
>>
File: 12kingdoms.jpg (208KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
12kingdoms.jpg
208KB, 1024x768px
>there will never be an anime Sequel to it
>>
>>143537124
Also, the "Chosen One" title gets tossed around.
>>
>>143537157
Did the author ever recover from burnout?
>>
>>143537162
To be fair though it's got none of that "I'm so superior to these primitives because I come from modern japan/bongland", he's just good at wizarding.
>>143537139
It's the same shit, throw a normal guy into fantasyland(now with a modern aesthetic) which he knows dick-all about and make him the best there ever was from the onset.
>>
Thank god

Sick of the stupid Japanese neet travels to another world to save it bullshit
>>
>>143537213
>he's just good at wizarding.
Except he isn't.
He's just the perfect counter for the bigbad.
>>
>>143537227
I never finished it. Isn't he one of those sponge-like talents and only gets shown up by the pedobait since she's a tryhard with time traveling powers?
>>
>>143537213
He's not. He's no more than above average, mostly thanks to Hermione.

The only things he can do that are unique are Python programming and dreaming about Voldemort, but since Voldemort is dead now that's irrelevant.
>>
>>143537162
It was a self fulfilling prophecy. Harry wasn't anything special on his own, Voldemort basically created his own downfall by singling out Harry. His Chosen One status was also pretty useless when it came to anything not Voldemort-related.
>>
>>143537157
Wait, is it actually good? I always avoided it even though saw it mentioned.
Only remember some scene atop the school with the girl and that it had that stock track from HoMM4.
>>
>>143536467
He's just finished his training by the time the war is over. That's why he's complaining. He's like an eager recruit in the 1950s that can't wait to kill some nips and then 2 nukes happened.
>>
Good, now they can get back to high school settings.
>>
>>143535434
Filtered you off /vg/ and now I'm filtering you off /a/.
>>
File: 1444279470110.png (234KB, 696x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444279470110.png
234KB, 696x720px
MC is the typical teenage loser hikkiNEET otaku who gets transported to a fantasy world. He was summoned to that world by a powerful wizard since the wizard discovered that he is the Chosen One, the only one who can save that world from the evil Demon King. The MC spends the next year training, traveling, beating back the forces of evil, acquiring new companions (harem), until he finally comes face to face with the Maou. After a climactic battle, our MC is victorious and the evil has finally been defeated. The grateful citizens of that world offer the MC any reward he could ask for, but he says he says he doesn't need a reward since it was the right thing to do, and only asks to be returned to his own world. The wizard complies, and sends him back.

The MC wakes up in the real world, in his own bed, only to find out that not a single day has passed in the real world. He starts to believe that it was all just a dream and goes to school as if nothing happens.

During class, the teacher announces that they're getting new transfer students. It turns out that the MC's harem missed him so much, they convinced the wizard to send them to his world. The wizard agreed, but on the condition that they adjust to his world and become normal people there. The sorceress loses all of her magic ability, the elf becomes (a very pretty) human girl, the proud warrior tribe amazoness is now just your average tomboy, etc.

It's a high school romcom/harem about the girls competing for the MCbowl and trying to adjust to living in the real world. Oh, and the Demon King secretly survived by fleeing to the real world but in the process lost all her powers and is now just a regular high school girl. She's the student council president and she keeps plotting against the MC, but all of her plans fail miserably and since no one knows her real identity and due to some misunderstandings, everyone thinks she's in love with the MC and just being tsundere (which she is).
>>
>>143537275
He's merely okay as a wizard. He's got snake talking and visions of the bad guy because of mistakes the bad guys make.

Then he gets somewhat competent at fighting the bad guy, because he spends an entire years preparing to fight the bad guy.
>>
>>143537297
No, now we can have some actual fantasy settings that are just thickly veiled isekai stories.
>>
>>143537275
The dark lord's wand is incapable of hurting Harry because it belongs to Harry ever since the botched attempt to kill him as a baby.
>>
>>143537276
>Python programming
Ha.
>>
>>143536899
Sure you could say they were in the same world but
>normal bullied basement-dweller kid is brought to this new "world" where everything is revolved around magic and is unknown to him
>he's also the MC and the special snowflake that fought the big bad and almost everyone loves him

Man
>>
>>143537278
It's great and one of the few hidden gems of /a/.
>>
>>143537275
He's about average, his only stand out thing that's solely his own merit is quiddich which matters about fuck all.
>>
>>143537338
>>143537380
>>143537346
Guess I was wrong about that, huh. But he's still a fucking legend from day 1.
>>
>>143537329
Felt my blood pressure rising, good job.
>>
>>143537329
I've seen that a few times already.
>>
>>143537397
He becomes a professional hunter of evil wizards later, so either he actually got better or he's fucking stupid.
>>
>>143537346
That's wrong, the dark lord's wand is incapable of hurting Harry because

>when the dark lord tried to kill Harry as a baby, a part of his own soul merged into Harry's
>Harry's wand contains a core taken from the same source as the dark lord's wand
>the wands refuse to fight each other properly

The wand that belonged to Harry was a totally different wand that the dark lord decided to use instead to try and avoid his own wand clashing with Harry's wand, unfortunately he got the wand's line of succession wrong.
>>
>>143537411
Probably just says
>I'm hairy pewter
and they shit their pants
>>
>>143537397
>But he's still a fucking legend from day 1
He was a legend because he was the only human being ever to survive the curse of death, which wasn't even his own doing.
>>
>>143537377
On the scale from Garo to Lodoss War, where would you place it? Above both, beneath or some where in the middle?
>>
>>143537411
By the end they actually said he was really good at defensive magic and his main combat spell would disarm whoever he was fighting.
>>
>>143537424
>put on shades
>"Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru!"
>get shot in the knee
>>
>>143535266
The death of isekai threads has finally begun?
>>143513452
>faggot mods have apparently seen enough. They have announced that they will be moving threads about novels about "traveling to alternate worlds" or "being reincarnated into other worlds" to /jp/.
>>
>>143537451
Above
>>
>>143536923
Yes but it was never developed and used like a common all-purpose tool.

Shit happens because of magic, and how to fix it? Magic.

Sure its mostly used for convenience, like how Kazuma would use water and fire magic to make tea.

Just like games isekais/fantasies is like
>because games

HP's magic is just as lazy with its
>because magic

There are fucking raging crazy dragon in the worls, but they never shit everything up because magic.

Also, just noticed that Harry Potter is also high-school battle. It could use some harem to be perfect.
>>
>>143537487
Nice. Ill come to haunt you if you lied though.
>>
>>143537444
Well, that don't harm his status any.
>>
>>143537444
His parents.

Don't forget his parents are also fucking rich and left him a ton of Galleons in wizard bank.
>>
>>143537517
That's what I'm counting on.
(I'm lonely)
>>
>>143537524
They weren't rich. They were upper middle class.
It looked like a lot because of the other bank account he got a look at and because kids don't need a lot of money.
>>
>>143537517
Do that but make a 12 Kingdoms thread. It gets discussed far to rarely on /a/ (maybe a good thing since threads are devoid of shitposters)
>>
>>143535643
well this is all just straight up lazy writing though.

What really kills the genre for me at the ENDLESS one man Tsukkomi routines the MCs seem to narrate their lives with. The only thing worse are the endless 4th wall breaking comments they make as well. "what wait? can someone explain this to me because I'm lost!!!!!" Neight of which are slightly funny in ANY language (no it's not a translation problem). Worse is how it's endless, the one man Tsukkomi never stops. It's literally every other sentence. It makes me want to kill myself when ever I start one of these piles of junk.
>>
>>143537509
>it could use some harem
Ginny, Cho, and Draco
>>
>>143537469
>>143537469
>mods
>have any idea how to moderate /a/
Pick one. They lost all my trust after the nipplemod incident.
>>
>>143537592
But Draco is already in love with Darkness.
>>
>>143537469
>faggot mods have apparently seen enough.
>faggot mods
There's your answer.
>>
>>143537469
I was just an ordinary /a/ thread, but suddenly I was reincarnated into a fantasy board?!
>>
>>143537656
kek
>>
>>143537380
>>143537338
You guys clearly never read Harry Potter. He's the son of 2 talented wizards, gets above average grades and more than above average ones in practical stuf, and ends up becominga an auror, one of the wizard ELITE.
>>
>>143535643
Not to mention the fact that for a lot of young people it's a really easy way to get them to self insert because it's a kid from their age demographic from modern day in the fantasy world, so they can much more easily project onto them.
>>
>>143537730
>He's the son of 2 talented wizards
James Potter was a riajuu who became an animagus, and Lily Potter was a potions expert. Hardly cheat-tier wizards.
>gets above average grades
He got top grade in DADA, above expectation in Potions, Transfiguration, Charms, Herbology, and COMC, acceptable in Astronomy and Divination, and shit-tier in History. That's a somewhat above average spread but hardly cheat-tier.
>and more than above average ones in practical stuf
A kid who's trying to prepare to fight the dark lord gets good grades in "fighting dark lords" subject, what a surprise
>and ends up becominga an auror, one of the wizard ELITE.
He basically joined Wizard FBI. That's not really wizard elite.
>>
>>143535380
no, you're dumb
it's banned just for this short story contest.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.