[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The saviours of anime, according to Miyazaki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 368
Thread images: 79

File: mfc.jpg (139KB, 714x956px) Image search: [Google]
mfc.jpg
139KB, 714x956px
>EW - Is CGI going to destroy 2-D in the end?

>MIYAZAKI - I'm actually not all that worried. I wouldn't give up on it completely. Once in a while there are strange, rich people who like to invest in odd things. You're going to have people in corners of garages [making cartoons] to please themselves. And I'm more interested in the people who hang out in corners of garages than I am in big business.

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/interviews/ew.html

Where are these people Miyazaki speaks of?
>>
>>143477711
Why /a/ is the only place EVER to activelly hate and antagonize Myazaki?
>>
File: 1458006675384.jpg (366KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
1458006675384.jpg
366KB, 1344x756px
>>143477778
it's a meme u dip

and people fall for memes all the time
>>
>>143477778
Because /a/ is full of people who actually like Moeshit and Miyazaki thinks Moeshit is ruining the industry.
>>
>>143477778
Because he hates anime.
>>
>>143477871
No, you should know that every time on this site when people pretend to be retarded, with time other people actually start believing on it and try to fit in by emulating.
>>
>>143477957
yeah that's what I was talking about when I said
>and people fall for memes all the time
There are people who genuinely think the memesubs of his interviews are real
>>
>>143478089
Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company.

and all that stuff
>>
>>143478112
Go back to red dit then
>>
>>143477778
Because pretty much everything he makes is shit and he has a terrible attitude towards otaku.
>>
>>143477711
>Where are these people Miyazaki speaks of?
in their garages, duh. weren't you paying attention?
>>
>>143478484
>>143478456
The people >>143478112 was talking about.
>>
>>143478571
>muh japanese disney movies
They're shit. Just face it.
>>
>>143477778
I think as a person he used to be smart with some stupid insecurities but as of late became an insufferable asshole. His comments about otaku and perversion are and always have been deeply hypocritical since he's always been friends with Hideaki Anno, a man who unironically loves Strike Witches.

THAT SAID. As a creator he's done some really good things and his hardcore haters are some of the most autistic shitheads on earth. He's not the best, but very good. I wish he made more genuinely honest works like Nausicaa that actually reflect his view of reality and not insincere pandering.

Future Boy Conan and his early work on things like Animal Treasure Island are very interesting because they're a younger Miyazaki who wasn't afraid to make things that are fun for the sake of being fun.
>>
>>143478667
His actually-good works are absolutely nothing like Disney on any level. You're just as stupid as the "all anime except Miyazaki and Grave of the Fireflies is shit" normies that you hate and your understanding of animation is just as bad.
>>
>>143478667
>>143478732
Basically if you think something like the message at the end of the Nausicaa manga could have come out of a Disney movie you're delusional.

But I doubt you "do I fit in yet" autists even read that.
>>
>>143478732
Hotaru no Haka is the only good movie he ever made but it's still shit compared to something like Kaguya-hime.

>>143478761
>manga
>>
>>143478484
>has a terrible attitude towards otaku
how is that a bad thing
>>143478682
Anno hates Otaku too. Everyone with a brain does.
>>
File: 1181.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1181.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
This guy is off his fucking rocker, Jesus christ.
>>
>>143477778
He's an incredibly overrated director whose films are only talked about here because they're considered "safe" enough for Disney to market in the US.
There's no reason for him to be considered the face of "anime for the masses" when people like Satoshi Kon and Yasuhiro Yoshiura, who made films that feel like "film" rather than animation, exist.

Very talented mangaka and animator, though. The problem is that people take this as a justification for his inability to direct properly.
>>
Also if you want to know what actual "Disney anime" is like watch The Legend of Sirius and other similar Sanrio films.

Start developing actual discerning taste and a sense of observation instead of acting like a contrarian robot and hoping people will interpret that as having taste.
>>
>>143478810
Otaku is what keeps the industry alive. If you hate moe you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>143478807
Takahata made Grave of the Fireflies you stupid faggot. Also Kaze Tachinu is far better then fucking Grave of the Fireflies.
>>
>>143477919
>He fell for the trollsubs
>Moeshit

>>>/v/
>>
>>143478892
>Kaze Tachinu
Sorry, I don't watch anti-nationalistic globalist propaganda.
>>
Hope he die soon.
>>
>>143478842
>Otaku is what keeps the industry alive
How does that justify the loss of their lives for futile useless shit? Also it's not like the industry couldn't live without the retarded otaku.
>If you hate moe you can go fuck yourself
lol
>>
>>143478921
>Kaze Tachinu
>globalist
What kool aid have you been drinking neo-/pol/?
>>
Hotarubi no Mori e
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Sakasama no Patema
Summer Wars
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
Kotonoha no Niwa

All much better than Miyazaki
>>
>>143478921
>anti-nationalistic globalist propaganda
did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>143478484
Anno hates otaku as well anon.
>>
File: 9623.jpg (29KB, 380x259px) Image search: [Google]
9623.jpg
29KB, 380x259px
>>143478810

>Anno hates otaku

Since when?

Anno cares about otaku that is why he gets mad when normalfags talk shit about them and tries to tell them to change their self destructive ways.
>>
>>143478807
You know Kaguya but you think Miyazaki directed Fireflies?

The fuck is wrong with you nigger?
>>143478810
Anno IS an otaku, you moron. As I said, the guy unironically likes Strike Witches.
>>143478834
>that feel like "film" rather than animation
That's fucking retarded dude. If Kon just made live action films but in animation he would be garbage.

I dunno about Yasuhiro Yoshiura, I can't watch his stuff because I loathe how it looks.
>>
>>143477711
didn't miyazaki praise a pixar movie because he sympathizes with the MC?

if i remember correctly, it was UP.
>>
>>143478945

>Lol

Underage/10
>>
>>143479023
>Anno cares about otaku that is why he gets mad when normalfags talk shit about them and tries to tell them to change their self destructive ways.
Exactly this.

Anno criticizes otaku because he IS one and he just wants to tell them that it's possible to be a nerd but still have a wide variety of interests and open yourself up to the world regardless. The guy is a successful artist with a wife and kids but he also watches moeshit fanservice anime and collects tokusatsu toys.

He doesn't like normal people who condescendingly go "ew nerds".
>>
>>143478834
>Very talented mangaka and animator, though.

He's not. Nausicaa the manga is poorly edited and looks like a claustrophobic clusterfuck most of the time. Miyazaki himself says that he considers himself a mediocre mangaka.

As far as animation goes, he can understand basic movements and how to draw them, but unlike others with the same understanding like Iso and Yoshinari and hell even his protege Anno, Miyazaki's animation is dry and flavorless, made even worse by the fact that he forces so many more talented animators like Kanada and Shinya Ohira to draw in his boring-ass animation style in movies.

What makes Miyazaki stand out are his artistic style and very sharp attention to detail, which very few others have in the anime industry. Those who do tend to work as mangaka, like Miura or Nagano.
>>
I love to see plebs and autists rail against miyazaki. Studio Ghibli and its body of work are unrivaled and perhaps the greatest thing to ever happen to the anime industry. It was a massive shame to see them close their doors.
>>
>>143479131
>the greatest thing to ever happen to the anime industry

Except they were never part of it you moron.
>>
>>143479131
Also the most successful.
>>
>>143479131
Lucky Star and Haruhi are what made anime good. Who gives a shit about Ghibli except for normals and little kids?
>>
File: osamu-tezuka-with-works.jpg (241KB, 710x463px) Image search: [Google]
osamu-tezuka-with-works.jpg
241KB, 710x463px
>>143479245
kek
>>
>>143479108
He's a very good animator dude. I agree that his approach to animation direction is too conservative but it wasn't always like that; he actually gave Kanada quite a bit of freedom to use his style early on in Kiki and Nausicaa.

I also think he's held back by his style and conservativeness a lot. But have you seen his older animation? https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/23076/animals-animal_treasure_island-animated-creatures- Look at this especially 0:30

Or this https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/4810/animated-hayao_miyazaki-lupin_iii-running-smears

He can make good loose animation but as I said he's too afraid to use anything but the safe style that made him famous worldwide.

But he still animates very fucking well and has a high-level understanding of it.
>>
>>143479098
>it's possible to be a nerd but still have a wide variety of interests and open yourself up to the world regardless.
that's the thing , being a nerd was having an obsession with an esoteric hobby to the point of being a social pariah, to only way to being a nerd and do all that would be to change the definition, which I guess society did. I think we just call the people we use to call nerds a few decades autists. makes me wonder if calling yourself autistic will become trendy in a couple decades.
>>
File: Astroboy-v3-p053.png (703KB, 2247x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Astroboy-v3-p053.png
703KB, 2247x1800px
>>143479284
I like Tezuka more than Miyazaki both as a person and a creator but something tells me the people who shit on Miyazaki also hate Tezuka.
>>
>>143479254
Newfag detected
>>
>>143479372
I think there's a difference between "I'm playing Call of Duty, I'm such a geek xDDDD" types and someone like Anno who's a successful person but also genuinely really into nerdy shit. The man has a very high amount of knowledge of shit like Ultraman and ancient low-budget western sci-fi TV series and watches things that normal people would find disgusting or even immoral like Strike Witches.
>>
>>143479399
He's clearly being sarcastic dude.
>>143479209
>having a style means you're not anime
Hahahaha you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>143479023
>>143479098

Anno being a huge nerd is no secret and neither are his efforts to improve the lives of other otaku. The people that say that Anno hates otaku are provably crossboarders and fedora tippers that have no idea of what they are talking.

Of course many otaku get annoyed by his nagging but he doesn't give up on them because he understands them and wants something better for them.
>>
>>143479284
Miyazaki's films are way more successful. Tezuka is remembered mostly as a mangaka.
>>
>>143479326
>He can make good loose animation but as I said he's too afraid to use anything but the safe style that made him famous worldwide.

No, his older animation is more wild because TV anime have lower frame rates than movies, meaning that movements had to be more erratic and less subtle to get their point across. The only exception to this was Cagliostro, which doesn't really count because it's just an extension of how he animated for the Lupin TV series.

Ghibli is a studio that does whatever the hell Miyazaki wants it to. He's not holding anything back when he makes movies there, and I doubt he gives a shit about his global reputation when he openly shits on Disney and the west 24/7.
>>
>>143478902
He really dislikes Otaku culture and Otakus are what make moe series able to profitable.
>>
>>143479399
>>143479485
No? LS and Haruhi were defining series that made anime into what it is today.
>>
>>143479505
>wants something better for them.
they are not going to find it in society.
>>
>>143479041
His comment doesn't mean he thinks all 3D is garbage and everything that uses CGI is shit.
You should spend a little less time on 4chan bro.
>>
>>143477778
1. It's a meme.
2. Miyazaki peaked in 2001 with Spirited Away and stuck around making half-baked projects.
3. Part of /a/ knows that Miyazaki is right, but thinks that anyone made for a broad, non-Otaku audience is normie shit.
>>
>>143478842
>Otaku is what keeps the industry alive.
If all Otaku died, anime producers would merely shift focus to another target audience.
>>
>>143479510
But Tezuka is far more successful than Miyazaki, because he has TV anime and manga to back him up. Not to mention a hundred times more influential to anime than Miyazaki will ever be. Without Tezuka, there would be no Miyazaki. Remove Miyazaki's existence, and not much in the anime industry would change.
>>
>>143479380
I like Tezuka, but I've always though Miyazaki was a bad director in desperate need of an editor and constantly reuses the same visual choreography and characters.

Takahata is still the best director at Ghibli. He's able to tell more stories than Miyazaki, has a far more grandiose idea of how to utilize animation, and has a larger cast of diverse characters than Miyazaki.

A lot of Miyazaki dick riders don't even realize that a lot of the movies they attribute to Miyazaki are actually Takahata films.
>>
>>143479513
>No, his older animation is more wild because TV anime have lower frame rates than movies, meaning that movements had to be more erratic and less subtle to get their point across.
God damn dude I agree with your preference for animators like Kanada and Ohira and your criticism of Miyazaki's conservativeness but you're very ignorant.

1. Lupin was based on an extremely cartoony manga and thus had cartoony character acting.

2. Animal Treasure Island was a high-budget Toei FILM, not a TV show. Compare its animation to another high-budget film of that time, Horus: Prince of the Sun. The latter is a lot less cartoony.

Cagliostro was a hell of a lot less cartoony than the Red Jacket stuff co-directed by Takahata.
>>
>>143479585
And anime would turn to shit, just like the video game industry that switched their target audience.
>>
>>143479560
>3. Part of /a/ knows that Miyazaki is right, but thinks that anyone made for a broad, non-Otaku audience is normie shit.
Anyone who unironically thinks this way is no better than a 2000s teenage goth who thinks he/she is better than everyone else
>>
>>143479590
>he has TV anime
So has Miyazaki.
>and manga
What is Nausicaa?
>without Tezuka, there would be no Miyazaki
That's completely wrong.

Tezuka is important for manga, not for anime.
>>
>>143479505
>improve the lives of other otaku.

By doing what, selling them more Rei and Asuka figures and Entry Plug dildos?
>>
>>143479594
I agree that Takahata is better than Miyazaki but that doesn't make Miyazaki bad.
>>
>>143479652
Anime is already pretty terrible, so...?
>>
File: Black_Jack_v01_c04_-_071.png (283KB, 1280x1695px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Jack_v01_c04_-_071.png
283KB, 1280x1695px
>>143479695
>That's completely wrong.

>Tezuka is important for manga, not for anime.
You're full of shit, man. The techniques used by Astro Boy & other early Tezuka anime were very influential and the influence of Tezuka's art style on anime art was also colossal.

Miyazaki acts smug over Tezuka but his character design style would be radically different if Tezuka never became huge.
>>
>>143479695
>Tezuka is important for manga, not for anime.

Guess who made the first ever popular TV anime and set the standards for the entire industry.
>>
>>143479735
Not really. We had shows like Flying Witch and REEE:Zero this season.
>>
>>143479727
No, Miyazaki's inability to cut the fat from his movies, his constant reuse of the same plot lines and character stories, stilted animation, and general sameness that persists throughout his films are what makes him bad.

Porco Rosso is really the only time he went wild and did something different.
>>
>>143479652
good point
>>
>>143479510
He is more popular in the west and among normalfags but neither of them are a vital part of the industry. Sure he is a big name there is no way of deny it but you give him way to much credit.
>>
>>143479761
Astro Boy wasn't the first anime. Also, he mostly just criticized Tezuka and his idea of animation.

Miyazaki characters don't look like Tezuka characters.
>>
>>143479695
>What is Nausicaa?

A manga that barely sold over 10 million copies worldwide, is nearly unknown in the west, and the only fully finished manga series Miyazaki did that wasn't a one-shot.
>>
>>143479848
The way Miyazaki draws faces is extremely blatantly post-Tezuka.
>>143479847
Tezuka's not a big part of the industry now because he's dead and only garbage like the Buddha movie is being made but his role in influencing anime and manga was colossal.
>>
>>143479864
is that the one with the pig man?
>>
>>143479847
He is also more popular in Japan and among Japanese directors and animators.
>>
>>143479848
>Astro Boy wasn't the first anime

But it was the most influential.

>Miyazaki characters don't look like Tezuka characters.

Funny, because Miyazaki himself burned all his old manga because he said all his characters resembled Tezuka's.
>>
>>143479635
>Cagliostro was a hell of a lot less cartoony than the Red Jacket stuff co-directed by Takahata.
I mean green jacket fuck
>>
>>143479848
>Astro Boy wasn't the first anime
then what was?
>>
>>143479944
>most influential
Not for Miyazaki.
>Funny, because Miyazaki himself burned all his old manga because he said all his characters resembled Tezuka's.
Source?
>>
File: Black_Jack_v01_c01_-_012.png (269KB, 1280x1695px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Jack_v01_c01_-_012.png
269KB, 1280x1695px
>>143479944
>Funny, because Miyazaki himself burned all his old manga because he said all his characters resembled Tezuka's.
And yet they still look Tezuka-like. The basic facial structure of his "pretty" characters is and always has been extremely Tezuka.

Miyazaki has far more technical skill than Tezuka, but Tezuka was much better at creating iconic human designs. Totoro is a pretty fantastic and extremely memorable design though I won't lie (and the panda he was based on was also a good early Miyazaki design).
>>
>>143479967
Technically this, but it's just a bunch of short 3-minute episodes using mostly stills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_History
>>
>>143480007
>Miyazaki has far more technical skill than Tezuka

Details =/= technical skill. Miyazaki doesn't understand how paneling and POV works at all, both of which are what made Tezuka a master mangaka.
>>
>>143479971
>Source?

>"When I was finally forced to admit that my drawings actually did look like Tezuka's, I took out the sketches I had stored in the drawer of our dresser and burned them all. I burned them and resolved to start over from scratch, and in the belief that I needed to study the basics first, I went back to practicing drawing and draftsmanship. Yet it still wasn't easy to rid myself of Tezuka's influence."

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/aug/29/entertainment/et-book29
>>
File: Black_Jack_v01_c07_-_140.png (318KB, 1280x1695px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Jack_v01_c07_-_140.png
318KB, 1280x1695px
>>143480077
I'm sorry; I still say "technical skill" to mean "knowledge of anatomy, perspective and general solidity". It's a mistake as it's not something I believe anymore, but I used to and it stuck.

Tezuka had an amazing sense of composition and paneling and I think that's also a technical skill, you're right. But I think Miyazaki draws more solidly.
>>
>>143480115
It literally means that he destroyed his early works influenced by Tezuka.
>>
>>143480077
>>143480158
Also as I said I think Tezuka is better at creating iconic designs with specific silhouettes and shapes.

Really there's a lot of stuff I used to put under the umbrella of "subjective style" even though I later realized it's objectively measurable and technical.
>>
>>143480193
And yet he admits that he still couldn't get rid of that influence.

Too bad what influenced him wasn't Tezuka's brilliant composition, but his art style.
>>
>>143480280
But Tezuka's art style was great. Miyazaki just didn't pick the best elements of it.
>>
>>143480280
Miyazaki isn't exactly a manga guy. His only longer manga is Nausicaa, and it's one of the best manga out there.
>>
>>143479098
Anno has kids? Since when?
>>
File: Astroboy-v11-p077.png (557KB, 2283x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Astroboy-v11-p077.png
557KB, 2283x1800px
>>143480309
Like really I understand not being a fan, but if you think Tezuka had an outright BAD art style you probably just dislike cartoony things.
>>
>>143480357
I don't like reading serious stories with cartoonish art styles. It's hard to take them seriously when they look like Western cartoons.
>>
>>143480309
I think he used it well when he was doing older series with simpler designs like Future Boy Conan, but once he started making movies with more complicated background and mechanical designs, he lost sight of the right balance between them because he still kept using the same dated featureless character designs. The worst offender was Howl's Moving Castle.
>>
>>143480339
I might be wrong.
>>
>>143480337
>it's one of the best manga out there.

It's competent and balanced, but far from the best.
>>
>>143480465
Which manga is better?
>>
>>143477778
Because Miyazaki is right and most on /a/ like moeshit.
>>
>>143480495
Better what? Setting? Characters? Plot? Panel arrangement?

I can name a ton, especially the last one because Nausicaa had some of the worst panel arrangement in any manga ever. What kept Nausicaa afloat was its distinct art style and fairly strong plot. Which is ironic considering how horrible Miyazaki is with plots.
>>
File: Astro_Boy_v02_p029.png (384KB, 1481x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Astro_Boy_v02_p029.png
384KB, 1481x2200px
>>143480438
>dated featureless character designs
"Dated" is a dumb word to use about art unless you're talking about things like 3DCG. A ton of anime modern and especially VNs/VN-based anime has "featureless" character designs.

I dunno if you're implying Tezuka's designs were "featurless" but I just wanna say I disagree. I think the stock Miyazaki face is bland but while some of them were also bland, Tezuka did tons of great character designs
>>
>>143480562
Overall. What would you consider a better manga. I've read some Tezuka and I wasn't that impressed.
>>
>>143477778
Because he is generally correct and that triggers /a/.
>>
>>143480593
Amazing. Almost as good as Soviet cartoons.
>>
>>143480593
I guess what I meant was "detail" to the character designs. Tezuka's art is certainly very expressive, but I wouldn't call it detailed. But the lack of intricate detail is what makes Tezuka unique.

My problem with Miyazaki's designs in his later movies was that his simpler character designs which hadn't changed much at all from Future Boy Conan didn't mesh well with the super detailed everything else in his later movies.
>>
>>143480615
Read Phoenix volume 2

If you don't find that a good story you just have bizarre alien taste
>>
>>143480717
I've read Phoenix. It was pretty good.
>>
File: ishikawaowns.png (4MB, 1686x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ishikawaowns.png
4MB, 1686x1200px
>>143480697
I dunno, I feel that his designs got blander since Conan. I think characters like Ashitaka have Tezuka-like facial structure but used on an uncartoony design which makes them uninteresting.

I'm not bothered by cartoony designs & super-detailed mechanical stuff. Ken Ishikawa did that a LOT and I think Ken Ishikawa kicks ass.
>>
>>143480615
Once again, you'll have to clarify what aspect of Nausicaa it is that you like the best, because when it comes to what is better, it's just my personal taste.

For example, I love both Berserk and Five Star Stories more than Nausicaa.
>>
>>143480833
Also Masamune Shirow stuff, but not anything specific.
>>
File: Astroboy-v11-p084.png (597KB, 2243x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Astroboy-v11-p084.png
597KB, 2243x1800px
>>143480661
I know you're being ironic but soviet cartoons could be really fucking cool.
>>143480410
I disagree. I think the cute round simple look just makes the drama have more impact BECAUSE of the huge contrast.
>>
>>143480887
For me it looks silly.

>soviet cartoons could be really fucking cool
Yes, but the serious ones don't look like Nu, pogodi.
>>
>>143480805
I think Ponyo was the most fresh-looking new-ish thing Miyazaki has made. The characters are more rounded than his usual designs and fit with their setting well, which also has a very simple yet distinctive personality to it. The story was terrible, but I really loved the art in Ponyo.
>>
File: mindgame_a (1).jpg (25KB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
mindgame_a (1).jpg
25KB, 400x204px
>>143480931
Nu, Pogodi had really fucking bland designs

Do you also find the drama in things like Mind Game and One Piece impossible to enjoy?
>>
>>143480562
>Better what? Setting?

Pls nigger, there isn't a single other manga out there that has a better Dune setting than Nausicaa.
>>
I just want to say I'm quite impressed how well some of you /a/nons understand the anime/manga industry.
It's good to see sources and examples used to back up claims instead of shitposts.
>>
>>143480983
>One Piece
I don't read battle shounens.
>Mind Game
The art style is more unique and creative.
>>
>>143481004
If we're talking about just setting alone, Nausicaa is good but not great. It's well-visualised and portrayed and works with the story. But it's not enough. Other works like Akira and hell, even the original Dragonball were more creative and visually interesting. But if you want a Dune setting comparison, there's Five Star Stories, which utterly blows away Nausicaa's.
>>
File: Black_Jack_v01_c03_-_059.png (239KB, 1280x1695px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Jack_v01_c03_-_059.png
239KB, 1280x1695px
>>143481083
Tezuka's style was extremely fucking unique back then though, it just influenced a lot of things so it doesn't feel unique anymore.

No one else took Fleischer animation-inspired designs and gave them Bambi eyes before. The way he drew things like facial structure and expressions also had no precedent.
>>
>>143481195
Tezuka may have had a lot of influences but it was more than the sum of its parts because the way he mixed it all together was absolutely unique.
>>
>>143479590
>But Tezuka is far more successful than Miyazaki

>At the Laputa Animation Festival in 2003, 140 animators from around the world were asked to make a list of what they considered the 20 best animation films of all time. This information was used to determine the 150 best animations (features, shorts, TV series) from Japan and around the world (世界と日本のアニメーションベスト150).

1. Hedgehog in the Fog
(Ёжик в тумане, Yuri Norstein, RUSSIA /USSR, 1975)
2. Tale of Tales (Yuri Norstein, RUSSIA /USSR, 1979)
3. Fantasia (9 Disney directors, USA, 1940)
4. The Man Who Planted Trees
(L'homme qui plantait des arbres, Frédéric Back, CANADA, 1987)
5. The Shepherdess and the Chimney Sweep
(La bergère et le ramoneur, Paul Grimault, FRANCE, 1953)
6. Future Boy Conan (未来少年コナン, Hayao Miyazaki, JAPAN, 1978, 26 eps.)
7. My Neighbour Totoro (となりのトトロ, Hayao Miyazaki, JAPAN, 1988)
8. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (David Hand/Disney, USA, 1937)
9. Yellow Submarine (George Dunning, UK, 1968)
10. The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon
(わんぱく王子の大蛇退治, Yugo Serikawa/William Ross, JAPAN/USA, 1963)

m-muh takahata, m-muh tezuka!
>>
File: 1418222404347.jpg (149KB, 494x675px) Image search: [Google]
1418222404347.jpg
149KB, 494x675px
>>143477919
>>143477957
>>143478810
>>143479131
>>143479245
>>143480558
Miyazaki please go.
>>
File: fss.jpg (86KB, 564x771px)
fss.jpg
86KB, 564x771px
>>143481180
>But if you want a Dune setting comparison, there's Five Star Stories, which utterly blows away Nausicaa's.

I want to get into FSS but the books are nearly impossible to find, and from what I've heard, incomplete.
>>
>>143481346
>the books are nearly impossible to find

At reasonable prices, I mean.
>>
File: dororo v1 p104.png (470KB, 1382x2000px) Image search: [Google]
dororo v1 p104.png
470KB, 1382x2000px
>>143481279
Tezuka isn't huge for his "animated films", moron. No one's favorite Tezuka thing is 1001 Nights or whatever.
>>
>>143481279
>Future Boy Conan
>animated film

the fuck
>>
>>143481279
>In November 2014, Miyazaki was awarded an Honorary Academy Award[7] for his impact on animation and cinema. He is the second Japanese filmmaker to win this award, after Akira Kurosawa in 1990.[8] In 2002, American film critic Roger Ebert suggested that Miyazaki may be the best animation filmmaker in history, praising the depth and artistry of his films.[9]

>Akira Kurosawa's 100 favorite films
>97. Tonari no totoro [My Neighbour Totoro] (Miyazaki, 1988) Japan
The only anime on his list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_Japan

>Kinema Junpo's top 200 Japanese films of all time (2009 edition)
>22. Nausicaa
>56. My neighbor Totoro
>98. Castle in the Sky
Three highest rated anime on the list.
>>
File: Astro_Boy_v02_p089.png (367KB, 1481x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Astro_Boy_v02_p089.png
367KB, 1481x2200px
>>143481279
>>143481426
Also what animators like has nothing to do with success with general audiences.
>>
>>143481456
>features, shorts, TV series
>>
>>143477711
In their garages, obviously.
>>
>>143481627
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films_in_Japan
>>
File: FSS Designs 3 -053.jpg (3MB, 3118x4000px) Image search: [Google]
FSS Designs 3 -053.jpg
3MB, 3118x4000px
>>143481346
Yeah, I just downloaded the scans. The US release was handled very poorly by the publishing company from what I've heard and sold like shit as a result. Really hoping some day Viz or better yet Vertical (which recently released Gundam the Origin) can get the rights and bring it back here in full translation, but knowing Nagano's possessiveness it may not be possible.

Highly recommend the artbooks too.
>>
>>143481672
see
>>143481426

It's hard to objectively compare who was the most successful out of Miyazaki & Tezuka because Tezuka's forte was manga and Miyazaki's forte is cinema.
>>
>>143481180
This. Literally the only flaw in FSS' world is that the demonic stuff felt a little jarring when it showed up.. Aside from that it is the single best setting I've seen in anime/manga.
>>
>>143481575
I think the other anon already told you Tezuka isn't exactly known for his films.
It's like comparing how many high rated mangas Miyazaki has compared to Tezuka, the quantity alone would make Tezuka win.
>>
>>143481575
>The only anime on his list.

Quite possible the only anime he's ever watched.

>Kinema Junpo

Literally who
>>
File: 1466188283691.png (12KB, 180x182px) Image search: [Google]
1466188283691.png
12KB, 180x182px
well I certainly didn't expect this thread to take the direction that it did.
>>
>>143481832
Probably because once Tezuka started being mentioned shitposters ran out of material to use.
>>
>>143477778
part meme part fun
>>
>>143481804
>Kinema Junpo (キネマ旬報 Kinema Junpō?), commonly called Kinejun (キネ旬?), is Japan's oldest film magazine and began publication in July 1919.[1]
>>
>>143481899
>1919

Looks like 2 atom bombs weren't enough,
>>
>>143481832
Me neither, I out of curiosity to see how much shitposting there was.
I'm surprised of its current state.
>>
File: shinkai.jpg (28KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
shinkai.jpg
28KB, 225x350px
>>143477711

He's right here, the next Miyazaki.
>>
>>143482078
FINDS A WAY
>>
File: Astroboy-v3-p093.png (944KB, 2305x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Astroboy-v3-p093.png
944KB, 2305x1800px
Miyazaki's work shows a crazy amount of effort put into a lot of areas but I think Tezuka had more interesting cool ideas as far as story, design & visual storytelling goes and his work was more honest.

Miyazaki himself admitted in a Spirited Away interview that he often gives stuff an idealistic flair because he wants to cover up his inner cynicism and wants the next generation to not be as pessimistic as he is. I think Nausicaa and Mononoke's messages like "nature is not a pure and beautiful place that will reward you for treating it right, it is dangerous and chaotic but that in itself has a beauty to it" and "pacifism is good, but sometimes you have no choice but to destroy your enemy and a perfect existence is not a human and interesting one anyway" is way more interesting than the dumb shit he made himself write for Howl because it's what audiences would have expected.

Meanwhile Tezuka's work had a very consistent attitude of acknowledging the horrors of the world while at the same time having a child-like hope that one day people will learn from their mistakes and the world will become a better place.

Ironically Miyazaki shat on Tezuka's Astro Boy for being too idealistic and I think that's an utter crock of shit. A lot of stories ended on a bittersweet or even complete downer note and I can't see Miyazaki doing something as ballsy as showing dead Vietnamese children in a kids' movie.
>>
>>143479041

Let's all chip in and buy him a LOT of balloons
>>
File: nueva093c.png (398KB, 1218x1944px)
nueva093c.png
398KB, 1218x1944px
>>143482308
Like literally Miyazaki said Astro Boy was a "failure" for not "telling it like it is" the way New Treasure Island did at the end. New Treasure Island's twist was clever & funny but seeing that as some ultimate "YEAH FUCKING TELL IT LIKE IT IS BRO" thing is dumb.

I also don't know if the ending was Tezuka's own idea or that of the animator guy who co-authored it.
>>
File: 033.png (1MB, 696x1024px) Image search: [Google]
033.png
1MB, 696x1024px
Who Yas here?
>>
File: 071.png (1MB, 696x1024px)
071.png
1MB, 696x1024px
>>
>>143477711
>expect arguments about K-On vs. Cowboy Bebop
>get arguments about Nausicaa vs. Astro Boy vs. FSS
This thread is weird.
>>
File: 157.png (1MB, 696x1024px) Image search: [Google]
157.png
1MB, 696x1024px
>>
File: 011.png (1MB, 696x1024px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
1MB, 696x1024px
>>
>>143481925
What are you even angry at? What's wrong with a long-running mag?
>>
>>143482617
I wish more of his stuff was translated

I want to read that one Gundam 0079 manga he did but I'd rather watch the original first because it probably has more impact that way and it would take a long time to finish
>>
>>143482308
>Ironically Miyazaki shat on Tezuka's Astro Boy for being too idealistic and I think that's an utter crock of shit. A lot of stories ended on a bittersweet or even complete downer note and I can't see Miyazaki doing something as ballsy as showing dead Vietnamese children in a kids' movie.

I think part of the reason Miyazaki comes across as being such a "yell at clouds" old man asshole compared to his peers like Tomino and even his own mentor, Yatsuo Otsuka, is because he's been living a life of self-denial. He loves not just nature, but cute young girls, tanks, weapons, etc, but tries to avoid combining all those things in his movie unless there's some kind of forced message like Howl's. As a result, he hates his career. And deep down, I think he hates himself. Maybe that's why he and Anno get along so well.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/12/12/hayao-miyazaki-reveals-the-kind-of-otaku-he-hates-the-most/
>>
>>143482729
We have decent posters in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 620x456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 620x456px
>>143484250
>As a result, he hates his career. And deep down, I think he hates himself. Maybe that's why he and Anno get along so well.

>tfw you're correct
>>
Yoshihiro Togashi is a god
>>
>>143479098
>The guy is a successful artist
I guess financially speaking.
>>
>>143484250
He's clearly in HUGE denial about liking cute anime girls. Remember that pin-up he did of Nausicaa saying "I knew this was out of character when I drew it but I don't care"?

Howl's anti-war shit felt so shoehorned in. Like "yeah I'm supposed to hate war, here's some shit about why war is bad".
>>
>>143486567
I think Eva TV and EoE are good

Rebuilds can suck it
>>
>>143486596
There's a big difference between liking cute girls and moe. What miyazaki hates is the fakeness of moe, the complete lack of resemblance to reality.
>>
>>143486669
>the complete lack of resemblance to reality.

Reality is ugly. Do you honestly think any of Miyazaki's girls behave anything like actual girls? Most kids are fucking brats.
>>
>>143479026
kon actually used really sophisticated filmmaking techniques, some of which have been emulated to great financial success in hollywood. i'm sure he would have been fine making live action.
>>
>>143477711
Those would be what you call otaku
>>
>>143486765
They behave more like real humans in those situations then anything in modern moecrap. The whole reason anime is in decline is the complete divorce from reality and the retreat into wish fulfilment pandering.

>Reality is ugly

And that's what makes it interesting.
>>
File: are-they-getting-married-or-not.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
are-they-getting-married-or-not.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>143486844
>They behave more like real humans in those situations then anything in modern moecrap.

Okay.
>>
can't blame him for hating the commercialization of the industry

It has lead to regurgitating the same cancerous cookie cutter plot types with a total disregard for plot quality or character depth

A lot of potential has been lost for uniqueness and quality because animation is now made to sell to mindless otaku. He hates that it has become a soulless business and I completely agree.
>>
>>143487017
>can't blame him for hating the commercialization of the industry

Yeah, because it totally hasn't been a thing since the dawn of cinema.
>>
>I'm more interested in the people who hang out in corners of garages than I am in big business.

/a/ will never understand this.
>>
>>143482617
>>143482690
>reading and enjoying Myizaki's genocidal self insert
In all seriousness to >>143477778's question the answer is: Nausicaa is a work of pure hate. It betrays its author's actual feelings about the relationship between modern humanity and the natural world.
He fantasizes about wiping you out and returning to some primitivist fantasy.

He's the Japanese Unabomber.
>>
>>143487126
>Yeah, because it totally hasn't been a thing since the dawn of cinema.
the trend is much more noticeable in animation compared to other production areas
>>
>>143486596
>Remember that pin-up he did of Nausicaa saying "I knew this was out of character when I drew it but I don't care"?
Where?
>>
>>143477778
this board is full of babies and idiots
>>
>>143487352
>Myizaki's genocidal self insert
>Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
u w8 m8
>>
>>143477778
4chan is anti-communist in general.
>>
>>143487396
>the trend is much more noticeable in animation compared to other production areas

Nigga as long as Michael Bay and Christopher Nolan still find work, it'll always be a reminder of how shit Hollywood is.
>>
>>143487352
>Nausicaa is a work of pure hate. It betrays its author's actual feelings about the relationship between modern humanity and the natural world.
>He fantasizes about wiping you out and returning to some primitivist fantasy.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who got this feeling from that work.
>>
>>143487531
i don't think christopher nolan is a good example of commercialization, he uses a lot of high brow concepts and techniques. it's just that he's not very competent and uses them in a heavy-handed manner
>>
>>143479026
>I dunno about Yasuhiro Yoshiura, I can't watch his stuff because I loathe how it looks.

I don't hate his works, but I do agree that the style used in them looks very generic, and none of the movies themselves are that groundbreaking. Patema feels like a love letter to Miyazaki, even. I do think he is a more competent director than Shinkai though.

Keiichi Hara though- now that's a guy whose movies all look like shit.
>>
>>143478994
> Patema
> better than miyasaki

What? Patema was awful man
>>
>>143487736
That's less him being incompetent and more him knowing that if he is more subtle, audience won't get it and therefore bring in less money to the box office. It's pretty telling that people were sharing charts and pics saying that you got to read these before watching Interstellar or you won't get it! when the concepts are actually standard topics covered in sci-fi fiction since a long time ago - which the typical audience obviously have never read.

So yes, he actually is a good example of commercialization: he uses a lot of high brow concepts and is being heavy handed about them so that the audience feels smart when watching them.
>>
>>143487352
What? how the hell is Yas Miyazaki's genocidal self insert?
>>
>>143487352
Idiots like that don't realize that the natural world can take care of itself and could easily wipe out nearly all of humanity any time it wanted to, and a lot of the time is actually trying to kill humanity. You would think somebody who has lived for so long would refrain from subscribing to that childish "OM GUYS UR KILLING THE TREES :(" shit.
>>
>>143485975
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but no, he's not. He's a decent shounen mangaka and you should read more.

>>143486596
Howl's anti-war shit felt shoehorned in because it had fucking nothing to do with the source material, just like most of the movie.
>>
>>143487352
Well, you have no idea what you're talking about and aren't afraid to let people know, I guess that's something.
>>
>>143486844
Gender is a social construct anyway, girls shouldn't even exist if not for wish fulfilment crap.
>>
>>143488055
>>143487352
I will take Miyazaki's side here, I don't think a work should be dammed just because it doesn't share your own ideals or views. Miyazaki expressed what he thought there, it is how well he did that what should be judge, not if you share his feelings.
>>
>>143477919
Joke's on you. Miyazaki is my gateway to moe SoLs. Before Miyazaki, I'm all about Akira, Oshii's stuff, Kon's etc anime movies that has to have something heavy or major going on to keep my interest. Totoro made me discover the beauty of iyashikei and SoLs and that watching cute girls mucking around can be entertaining as hell. And without Sen to Chihiro, I never would have tried giving shows like Natsumi Yuujinchou or Mushishi a chance.
>>
>>143477711
In america, the CEO of Nike founded Laika, which is the current golden standard for stop motion animation
And stop motion is far more expensive/time consuming than 2D, well good stop motion anyway
>>
>>143488026
i don't think he's capable of subtlety in general, look at how he handles romance or humor
>>
>>143487352
That doesn't even look remotely like Nausicaa, you shitposting faggot.
>>
>>143486844
>anime is in decline
You're a fucking idiot who's seen <100 anime in your life and gets his information from shitposters on /v/.
>>
>>143477778
I somehow feel like a hatred for anything slightly normalfag is part of a knee jerk reaction against Miyazaki. If there was anywhere on the internet that were to consistently dislike Miyazaki, it's no surprise they'd be on 4chan.
>>
>>143487352
>Nausicaa
Why the fuck are you quoting posts about Joan then?
>>
>>143477711
Thanks for them chickens, doc.
>>
>>143478842
According to sales, otaku have gotten fat on their gluttony for 2D women and have lost interest. Otaku nowadays are harder to please then they have ever been because the industry caters to them and they've become spoiled. But anyone with eyes could see this coming a mile away.
>>
>>143484250
You are absolutely 100% correct. Miyazaki basically admits this about himself in this interview. Hell, you learn pretty much everything you need to know about Miyazaki as a person from just this interview.

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/interviews/slapstick.html

>I like silly and slapstick animations that one can watch and laugh at. But just because I like them doesn't mean I can make them.
>The truth is that I am happiest when I am writing about stupid airplanes and tanks in magazines like Model Graphix. I have a burning desire to resume that serial. <grin>
>I could write the story all by myself, but animation requires an enormous amount of manpower. It has to be done by an organization, and it's difficult to make silly movies for a company. Therefore, sometimes I dream of making a silly movie with my own money, a videotape (OAV) that can't even recover the costs. I'd love to do a film that is frowned upon by the parent-teacher associations.
>Had I failed in every other way, I would have made such movies. Unfortunately, I was fortunate to have the chance to make other types of films that would "let me get more famous awards next time." <grin> Moreover, I have to draw Nausicaa, and I want to draw in Model Graphix-- thus I have reached my full capacity.

And this was back in '89, before Miyazaki became the really grumpy asshole he is today. He really lost a piece of his soul in those past 30 years. That piece of his soul is what gave us Porco Rosso, quite possibly his most personal movie, which he nowadays calls "foolish".
>>
>>143489312
>That piece of his soul is what gave us Porco Rosso, quite possibly his most personal movie, which he nowadays calls "foolish".

Why the fuck would he say that? Porco Rosso is by far his best movie.
>>
>>143477778
Miyazaki fags are the worst. They're casuals who got a little taste of something better than the most basic of the basic entry level crap and think they're experts or gourmets of the medium for it while refusing to actually explore the medium because "I already saw the best, everything else is shit".

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>143478682
>His comments about otaku and perversion are and always have been deeply hypocritical since he's always been friends with Hideaki Anno, a man who unironically loves Strike Witches.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy
>>
>>143489430
Because according to him. Porco Rosso wasn't a movie for kids, which he felt was a mistake. Miyazaki feels like it's his duty to make movies for kids as opposed for himself.
>>
>>143489509
Have you seen the Ghibli Blog? Probably the worst offender.
>>
>>143489522
Not him, but that doesn't apply, since that anon is simply saying that Miyazaki's shitting on otaku while simultaneously being good friends with an otaku is hypocritical.
>>
>>143486844

Kiki lives in an imposible nice world.

>A cute little witch goes to live on her own
>She founds nice people that immediately love her for reasons
>A nice boy that likes and respects her
>She becomes a hero and everyone loves her even more
>Ad some pantyshots, artsy mild nudity and some character development
>Realistic

This could be easily the setting of any generic show but since it was made by Miyazaki is sacred and a masterpiece.
>>
>>143490541
Yeah, if a kid like Kiki stumbled into New York or Chicago without her parents, she would have been either abducted or raped within hours.
>>
>>143487352
You're the type of moron who managed to miss the point of everything. The Nausicaa manga had probably some of the most intelligent and honest messages of any Miyazaki work. Maybe you should read Miyazaki's lengthy interview about Nausicaa's ending and what it means and figure out the actual point of it all.

It's not idealistic, it portrays nature as chaotic as opposed to "omg so pure and beautiful", hell it's not even anti-war and makes the point that sometimes you just have to destroy your enemy. But ultimately it's positive about the imperfections of the world and of humanity's place in it and denounces the idea of "pure, perfect beings". It's saying that the earth is a messed up place but ultimately that is where its beauty lies.
>>143489583
>>143489430
This shit is what pisses me off about Miyazaki, the way he's so often dishonest and admits it. Even Anno admitted this and said that he loved the ending of the Nausicaa manga specifically because it showed Miyazaki's actual worldviews and not the tree-hugging public identity he wants to build for himself.
>>
>>143477778
He's an emasculinated communist who peaked with Lupin and then decided to remake anit-humanity and hednonistic fun for children movies forever. All while in a Japanese way talking about the current year and how medium needs to change. His movies beyond Lupin aren't even that good. Castle's his best because it lacked pretentiousness and hollow messages of Nausica and Mononoke (barely 6/10 nobody but professional "anime fans" will tell you how great it is) and was less mindless than that god awful Ponyo and Shat Away.

He's also cucked on WWII and spread his filthy moral relativism to cinema, not making it worse than it was just because he'd get crucified by the public otherwise.

Literally a SJW.
>>
Figured this would be the best place to ask, but does anyone know where I can download Miyazaki's Starting and Turning Point?
>>
>>143490982
>anti-humanity
He might be a misanthrope now but the attitude he had by the end of the Nausicaa manga and around the time he did Mononoke was pretty fucking pro-human. You're just interpreting his works based on some "anti-SJW" political axe you have to grind but you've not bothered reading Miyazaki's actual thoughts on those works.

I shit on modern-day Miyazaki all the time, but you're completely full of shit.
>>
>>143477711
>And I'm more interested in the people who hang out in corners of garages than I am in big business.

So he drives an old TVR, right? Or is that another one of his hypocrisies?
>>
>>143491169
Your argument is that he's changed. By looking at his modern work, I dont' see it. And he's still going on about the dire situation in the fandom. What you're trying to say is that he isn't as bad as he was before. That's a terrible argument.
>>
>>143491263
I'm saying that he changed for the worse as he got old and too famous for his own good. He was smarter in the 90s.
>>
>>143477711
That's pretty good for such a short interview.
>>
Without people like Takahata or Miyazaki anime is worthless. I'm more excited for Moana than for any anime this year.
>>
>>143491359
Fuck off back to your blog, Daniel.
>>
>>143480077
I haven't read Miyazaki's manga, but if this is true it actually makes complete sense given how negative he's always been about the practice of anime cribbing techniques from manga, and how much he's harped on about the importance of character animation over the directing-focused tricks of TV anime.
>>
>>143491423
You know I'm right. There is a very good reason why anime isn't a respected form of art.
>>
>>143491485
>Disney's newest CGfest for dumb kids who like Frozen
>"Art"

Here's your (you)
>>
>>143491485

Yes and? A lot of hobbies nowadays seriously can't be called a respected form of art.

Who goes around saying "The Witcher 3 is a product of literary genius". As good as that game was, it was still a video game about power fantasies, no different from a lot of feel-good anime out there.
>>
>>143486787
>some of which have been emulated to great financial success in hollywood
that "screaming in the bathtub" scene nolan stole looks fucking terrible in live action you idiot
>>
>>143491613
>Who goes around saying "The Witcher 3 is a product of literary genius"
A video or anime game doesn't need to be a work of literary genius to be a work of art.

I don't even care about The Witcher but you're a moron
>>
>>143491680

Yeah and which game or anime do you think would be considered a work of art?

Unless it's painting, most people would just call it kiddie shit or a waste of time. Even movies today are a far cry compared to the days of Kubrik.
>>
>>143491735

To add, there is no longer a relevance for artistic merit these days. We've already way past the phase where the artistic movement was a big deal. To day, as long as it generates sacks of money and is entertaining, that's what matters to companies and the mass market respectively.

Doing shit for the art is just being a hipster and probably hates having food on the table every night.
>>
>>143486903
But she was fucking magic.
>>
>>143491735
I don't care about the faggy debate here, but throw a wrench in the argument.
For literally faggots, Planescape: Torment.

>most people would
>most people
>art is a democracy
Just McKillYourself

Besides you still haven't defined art and I'm seeing implications of multiple definitions throughout your posts. Sasuga anon.
>>
>>143486596
>Remember that pin-up he did of Nausicaa saying "I knew this was out of character when I drew it but I don't care"?
I don't, actually.
>>
>>143490611

I love Kiki but this post >>143490541 is correct. She lives in a idealized world filled with nice people and the only people that don't like her are some cliche snobby rich girls. Now is this a bad thing? Of course not but the same people that glorifies Miyazaki for doing that kind of film feels disgusted when someone else does it and call it unhealthy/unrealistic.

Miyazaki is obviously a talented man and I love many of his works but he is also a huge hypocrite a so are many of his fans that believe that everyone that criticizes him is a weeb, otaku, lolicon, etc.
>>
>>143491735
If I list anything no matter how good you'll just go "lol that's not art faggot" so what's the point
>>
>>143491912

Exactly. Art isn't really something you can define easily. Why else would we have forums where people bitch about 'My taste>Your taste'? For every person who thinks Evangelion is a deep study of the human psyche, there's always a guy who thinks it's an overrated piece of trash with no substance and have faux symbolism for the purpose of looking cool.
>>
>>143491889
>many of his fans that believe that everyone that criticizes him is a weeb, otaku, lolicon, etc.
Except that most of his fans are capable of criticizing him and have a favorite and least favorite Miyazaki film. Generally the people who are massively asshurt at him are that way because they're "turbo-autist and proud" faggots who unironically use "normie" as an insult i.e. the kind of people that Miyazaki thinks are faggots. And I'm saying this as someone who likes lolicon and a lot of otaku things.

There are people ITT whose dislike of Miyazaki comes from thoughtful analysis & critique of his works but generally it's just brokebrained motherfuckers with a chip on their shoulder.
>>
>>143491999
Evangelion is great mecha that derailed into being wrong because existentialism a shit.
>>
>>143490812
This nails it pretty well I feel. Wind Rises felt like a very personal message compared to his other recent stuff, like Ponyo, and is all the stronger for it.
>>
>>143477711
Based asf. Love this dude.
>>
Aren't calling things "artsy" a form of ridicule these days? Like those French film makers who go out of their way to make you notice how 'creative' their cinematography is.

In other words, pretentious. And thank god the days of Ergo Proxy are done.
>>
>>143492021
The problem with people who aren't already anime fans but like Miyazaki's work is that they like it for literally all the wrong reasons. i.e. "STRONG FEMALES" or "ITS SO WEIRD AND JAPANESE WTF AWESOME".
>>
>>143492112
I'd rather have more creative works, even if they are pretentious than all this moeshit and shounenshit garbage.
>>
>>143492139
What are the right reasons?

I'm not saying your claims of the wrong reasons aren't correct (they are) but I'm curious
>>
>>143492112
That's only because people have strange definitions for 'art' and 'pretentious' and generally don't know what they are talking about.
>>
>>143491999
>overrated piece of trash with no substance and have faux symbolism for the purpose of looking cool.
And that's the very definition of modern art, isn't it?
>>
>>143492175
Some of the most creative and influential manga ever is shonen

A lot of Go Nagai, Shotaro Ishinomori and Osamu Tezuka's most important and best works are shonen
>>
>>143492139

What's even shameful is that the term Japanese pretty much triggers most people on a western forum these days. Like simply mentiong it gets you called a weabb. I guess that's why Japan pretty much doesn't want to have anything to do with the west.
>>
>>143492214
>>143491999
Eva isn't pretentious; it's as honest as it gets. It's Anno working out his own mental issues in a story set in a universe made up of all the nerdy shit he loves. Eva references dorky shit like Ultraman and Gerry Anderson's UFO in pure reverence.

The fans are pretentious retards, but Eva itself is not.
>>
>>143492183
>What are the right reasons?

Ones that aren't politically or socially motivated, first of all.

Things like animation quality, music, details, thematic depth, etc. Generally these are are what Miyazaki's movies excel at. Anyone who thinks Miyazaki movies are good because they're for kids, have lots of bizarre images and designs, or present modern (aka their SJW views) themes is generally a moron who completely misses the point of his works.
>>
>>143492226
You know what I'm talking about. And Go Nagai is a manchild.
>>
>>143492318
Everything is political, don't be afraid of ideology.
>>
>>143492318
I doin't think his stuff is really thematically deep but otherwise I agree.

Also yeah I hate it when people decide if things are good or bad based on whether they confirm their political beliefs or not.
>>
>>143492339
>And Go Nagai is a manchild.
So are you, but you don't have several famous beloved works and a secure legacy
>>
>>143492318
Also, it's only here in the US that people are calling others like Shinkai and Hosoda "The Next Miyazaki", whereas no one in Japan thinks any type of comparison like this makes any sense other than as some kind of a joke.
>>
>>143492175
>Moeshit
>>
>>143492449
Tomm Moore is the next Miyazaki.
>>
>>143492422
Ideology is fine, but to judge a whole work solely because of the message itself as opposed to HOW it's actually presented is totally wrong. It's why we get so many hack directors like Spike Lee who are only allowed to work because of the ideology in their movies.
>>
>>143492339
Go Nagai is a very honest man who's not too insecure to hide the childish, "low-brow" or weird things he likes. His in-depth understanding of the comic book medium alone shows he's not a dumb person.
>>
>>143492500
Oh I completely agree.
>>
>>143492175

A lot of people do, but having it turn in a profit is much more important when you have hundreds of employees to pay salaries to.

Compare anime where it was most experimental like from the late 90's up to 2006, and when it started the 'pander to Otaku phase' in 2007. In between 2007-2013, a lot of anime series were breakin sales, first thought impossible unless you were Gundam or Eva. We have had Love Live, Madoka, GuP, Snk, K-On and so on becoming massive franchises, definitely something anime companies before couldn't do in the days of Lain and Texhnolyze.

Profit is definitely a trend setter.
>>
>>143481804
>Quite possible the only anime he's ever watched.
I suppose making statements without evidence is your hobby?
Just remeber, what can be assumed without proof, without proof can be rejected.
>>
>>143492449
>Also, it's only here in the US that people are calling others like Shinkai and Hosoda "The Next Miyazaki", whereas no one in Japan thinks any type of comparison like this makes any sense other than as some kind of a joke.
Stop talking like you know anything about what you're talking about.

http://laughy.jp/1437556190021107977

Title: "Collection of directors that could become Miyazaki's successor"

Hosoda and Shinkai are on the list. You can use google and find other lists like it. Kill yourself.
>>
>>143492449
The only person in the anime industry who is remotely similar to Miyazaki as a human being is Mamoru Nagano, because of their outspoken personalities and artistic preferences, but even Nagano isn't someone with as much self-denial as Miyazaki, and I'm pretty sure Miyazaki is the last person he would want to be compared to because he hates having anything to do with being in the mainstream.
>>
>>143487352
>He fantasizes about wiping you out and returning to some primitivist fantasy.
>Japanese Unabomber.
read again about the unabomber you fucking retard
>>
>>143492502
>honest
That doesn't make him more honest than other directors. Maybe people who don't include "low-brow" things in their works simply don't like them.
>>
>>143492669

Well artists in general ironically hate being in the mainstream, despite the exposure being one of the most important resources in their career.
>>
File: CmJGQNiXEAA1KRp.jpg (103KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
CmJGQNiXEAA1KRp.jpg
103KB, 500x705px
>>143492724
Miyazaki is obviously in a ton of denial
>>
File: CmJGSRAWAAA38rk.jpg (36KB, 982x303px) Image search: [Google]
CmJGSRAWAAA38rk.jpg
36KB, 982x303px
>>143492794
The people ITT saying his movies are all normie shit or w/e are faggots but those who point out his insecurity are spot on
>>
>>143492744
Well yeah, because once people start getting their works recognized, they have more fans who want to get into their personal lives or force their views onto the creator. Ask anyone with a shred of fame and they'll tell you the same thing, the only difference is their tolerance limits.
>>
>>143492794
Nausicaa is great and tasteful. Go Nagai works are full of dumb perverted humour.
>>
>>143479907
Wolfy bitch for breeding wolf puppies
>>
File: RHznf.png (279KB, 819x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RHznf.png
279KB, 819x1200px
>>143492860
this page alone is more tasteful than anything miyazaki has drawn or written
>>
>>143480309
>Phoenix digital
What.
>>
>>143492724
>Maybe people who don't include "low-brow" things in their works simply don't like them.

That's full of shit and even Miyazaki knows it >>143489312
>>
>>143477778
Because here it doesn't matter to be with the heard.
>>
>>143492969
silly != dumb and perverted.

Go Nagai's humour is especially low brow and childish.
>>
>>143492794
>>143492826
Didn't he once tell a story about how in the first anime he ever saw he fell in love with the heroine and couldn't stop thinking about her? Dude's a waifufag otaku through-and-through. At least when Anno started hating himself he threw it all out on the table and made one of the most influential works of all time.
>>
File: acf.gif (3MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
acf.gif
3MB, 312x250px
>>143492993
>>
>>143493043
>Didn't he once tell a story about how in the first anime he ever saw he fell in love with the heroine and couldn't stop thinking about her?
Yeah but he "didn't do anything gross over it" or something stupid like that.

Also Anno wasn't even against people having Eva waifus but he was against it being Rei because she reminded him too much of himself
>>
>>143493043
Anno was heavily influenced by Nausicaa.
>>
>>143493043
Yeah, it was the heroine of the White Snake, the first ever full Japanese animated theatrical movie.

Miyazaki saw it, and promptly cried after seeing it because it was a low point of his life (high school) and the movie resonated with him. It's a similar story for many otaku.
>>
File: Hedgehog-in-the-Fog-2.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hedgehog-in-the-Fog-2.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>>143481279
>Hedgehog in the Fog
Niiice
>>
>>143493085
>but he was against it being Rei because she reminded him too much of himself
I fucking love Anno.
>>
>>143482617
HOW about better scans than the translated dogshit ones
>>
File: photo_challagne_20040810a.jpg (29KB, 210x178px) Image search: [Google]
photo_challagne_20040810a.jpg
29KB, 210x178px
>>143493093
I don't blame him honestly
>>
>caring about the opinions of a literal old fart
Since when is /a/ filled with nips. Get outta here, you slanted eye jew.
>>
>>143479108
did you just put miura on the same level as nagano and then go on to imply that nagano doesn't work in animation
>>
File: gakutai_01_017.png (457KB, 640x944px)
gakutai_01_017.png
457KB, 640x944px
>>143493021
>>
>>143493329
why is Nagano supposed to be so high-level

all I know is that the humans in Five Star Stories creep me the fuck out
>>
>>143477711
They are nowhere. The savior of anime died August 24, 2010.
>>
>>143493398
his robots look really solid and good but seriously why do the humans look like this
>>
>>143493428
that bitches eye is gonna slip off her face
>>
>>143493398
But Trigger saved anime after that date.
>>
>>143493481
Trigger is too influenced by hacks like Nagai. They can't shit.
>>
>>143493329
It's funny that you mention Nagano because ironically enough, he essentially left the anime industry after being shat on for over a decade by money-hungry toy producers while working on Gundam. And Gothicmade was almost a solo project for Nagano which had very little to do with the actual anime industry.
>>
>>143493511
Then explain Inferno Cop.
>>
>>143493511
>they can't shit

What does Nagai do, make them eat a fuckton of cheese?
>>
>>143493428
>>143493456
>>143493519
seriously someone explain Nagano's weird art to me, I downloaded the furthest chapter of FSS I could find on Madokami and I'm so confused

the first few pages are these color illustrations where the humans look fine and their faces and anatomy are actually drawn solidly but then the b&w art for the humans on the inside can get really wonky
>>
>>143493594
Looks like typical Japanese crap. What's so great about these designs?

Miura was good when he was influenced by Western fiction, now he is a filthy otaku and all he draws are moeblobs.
>>
File: FSS Designs 3 -032.jpg (2MB, 3019x4000px) Image search: [Google]
FSS Designs 3 -032.jpg
2MB, 3019x4000px
>>143493428
>>143493456
He's a fashion designer. They all draw people like noodles. I don't really mind his character designs, they all have a lot of personality to them, but I can understand why some people wouldn't like them.
>>
I uniornically agree with Miyazaki on some points.

For example, people have pointed that he himself is a pedo like other otakus, but his girls were good characters in the first place who just happened to be girls, otakus have it backwards and care more about the fact that character is a girl and not a character. So he's not being a hypocrite.
>>
File: jack5_327.jpg (229KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_327.jpg
229KB, 841x1200px
>>143493511
when Nagai is good he's really really good
>>
>>143493594
>I downloaded the furthest chapter of FSS I could find on Madokami and I'm so confused

You downloaded the latest chapter of a manga that's been running for decades now and you're asking us why you're confused? Really now?
>>
File: jack5_328.jpg (299KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_328.jpg
299KB, 841x1200px
>>143493708
>>143493681
Miura's best influences are Devilman and Violence Jack
>>
File: jack5_329.jpg (244KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_329.jpg
244KB, 841x1200px
>>143493730
I mean about the quality of the art. the contrast between the wonky-ass humans and the really good looking robots.
>>143493734
>>
File: jack5_330.jpg (264KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_330.jpg
264KB, 841x1200px
>>143493755
>>
>>143493734
No, Conan the Barbarian, Excalibur and The Devils are his most important influences. At least during the Golden Age and Conviction arcs.
>>
File: jack5_331.jpg (262KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_331.jpg
262KB, 841x1200px
>>143493784
context of this scene: the cavalry Jack is fighting are known as "The Dragon"

they did not *literally* morph into a dragon
>>
File: jack5_332.jpg (335KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_332.jpg
335KB, 841x1200px
>>143493794
The whole "less like a sword, more like a large hunk of iron" thing is taken word for word from Violence Jack, just replace sword with dagger

he also straight up copied the composition from a Devilman spread during the Eclipse
>>143493805
>>
File: jack5_333.jpg (262KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_333.jpg
262KB, 841x1200px
>>143493850
>>
File: 201307_11.jpg (566KB, 1249x1600px) Image search: [Google]
201307_11.jpg
566KB, 1249x1600px
>>143493755
The characters in the manga look like his lineart. What are you blabbing about?
>>
File: jack5_334.jpg (304KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_334.jpg
304KB, 841x1200px
>>143493872
>>
File: jack5_335.jpg (300KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_335.jpg
300KB, 841x1200px
>>143493903
>>
File: jack5_336.jpg (279KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_336.jpg
279KB, 841x1200px
>>143493930
>>
File: jack5_337.jpg (241KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_337.jpg
241KB, 841x1200px
>>143493957
>>
>>143493681
>Looks like typical Japanese crap.
>on /a/

Is this a new type of bait?
>>
File: jack5_338.jpg (235KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_338.jpg
235KB, 841x1200px
>>143493983
>>
This turned into a pretty good thread
>>
File: jack5_339.jpg (227KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack5_339.jpg
227KB, 841x1200px
>>143493891
I already posted examples of what I mean >>143493456
>>143493428

>>143493684
his designs are fine in the color pages at the beginning and the facial features wrap around the head well but sometimes in the manga it gets really fucked in terms of facial construction and anatomy

I guess it's a deadline thing I dunno

>>143494004
>>
>>143477778

Off the top of my head I could find his comments about otaku somewhat hypocritical see himself is obviously an airplane otaku. Not sure if he has really acknowledged that though. If he has that is possibly a different story.

>>143488055

I think that is more about preservation than anything, not killing something when there are ways around it. There also may be some self-preservation at work, the feat that if one thing disappears that will screw with something else that will eventually screw with something humanity requires to live or would at the least making living harder.

Humanity can't kill the earth, but I'd believe it could turn it into a hellhole for some period of time.
>>
File: 302.png (180KB, 677x1000px) Image search: [Google]
302.png
180KB, 677x1000px
>>143494060
Basically the Violence Jack manga is unironically cool as fuck and more people should appreciate it
>>
File: F.S.S. Designs 4 -065.jpg (2MB, 4199x6362px) Image search: [Google]
F.S.S. Designs 4 -065.jpg
2MB, 4199x6362px
>>143494060
>but sometimes in the manga it gets really fucked in terms of facial construction and anatomy

That's in literally every manga though. Pretty much any manga that's been mentioned in this thread is going to have art with inconsistencies. FSS doesn't try to be photorealistic like Berserk with its character designs, nor would that type of design fit the overall feel of the work.

And honestly, Nagano's people tend to look anatomically stranger in the lineart than the actual manga.
>>
File: 4fqXn.jpg (152KB, 590x644px) Image search: [Google]
4fqXn.jpg
152KB, 590x644px
>>143494163
>FSS doesn't try to be photorealistic like Berserk with its character designs
>Berserk
>trying to be photorealistic
wut

Berserk's designs are detailed but very stylized.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O94dW2gtfP0

This guy gets it right
>>
>>143477711
My issue is that he's made a lot of dumb moe shit in his time and still bitches about it. I mean I like some of his work don't get me wrong, but I feel that he himself has become a kinda crappy director as time went on.
>>
File: puck.png (257KB, 438x592px) Image search: [Google]
puck.png
257KB, 438x592px
>>143494222
photorealistic
>>
>>143493085
>Didn't do anything gross over it.
Do you mean fap over it? Is he... Literally a waifu purity fag? Honestly the more I hear about this guy the more of an actual otaku he sounds like. If he didn't create a lot of influential (and mostly good) works, and was just a regular anon people in general would just think he's some sad elitist shit poster trying to stroke his own E dick by acting better than the rest of us, despite not being that much better than the rest of us.
>>
>>143494237
I skimmed through the video and he's anoying

I agree with him that Chihiro had good visual acting but his comedy is extremely formulaic "Youtube funny man" stuff and he doesn't have a lot of interesting stuff to say
>>
>>143494222
Photorealistic may not be the right word, but there's a lot more detail on the faces and overall musculature on Berserk's characters than FSS's. In that regard, the characters look less cartoony as a result.
>>
>>143494351
It was part of some dumb rant about lolicon and how he was attracted to that one girl !!!BUT DIDN'T GET WEIRD ABOUT IT!!!

Admittedly it was long ago, like back in the 80s. I dunno if he still feels that way since he's friends with Anno who is a huge pervert as far as underage characters go.
>>
>>143494372
Yeah I get what you mean, I'm just surprised by how rushed some of the human drawings look given how fucking amazing the robots look. It feels like he can skimp on the humans but always puts a ton of effort into robots.
>>
>>143494394
I can see that. Probably felt insecure about the whole thing cause he's much younger. Do we really know much about his modern opinion on the industry as a whole?
>>
File: 201308_03.jpg (401KB, 1244x1600px) Image search: [Google]
201308_03.jpg
401KB, 1244x1600px
>>143494451
I did decide to flip through that volume that you were looking at and you are right, the characters look even more off than usual. They look a lot better in the newer chapters.
>>
>>143494497
He's bothered by the fact that a lot of modern anime/manga people don't drawn from life enough. He's said that a problem is "artists who hate looking at real people".
>>
File: 1452962381471.png (64KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
1452962381471.png
64KB, 624x628px
>>143478810
>>Anno hates Otaku too
>>143477778
>Why /a/ is the only place EVER
>>143487352
>is a work of pure hate
>>
>>143494351
The error is to assume that all people aren't 'weird'. With artists it's just easier to tell because they constantly express themselves to large audiences through their works. Miyazaki having a crush on anime girls is laughably minor compared to the shit authors of the past were into.
>>
File: gtm-vatshu.jpg (392KB, 1238x771px) Image search: [Google]
gtm-vatshu.jpg
392KB, 1238x771px
>>143494533
It's a shame that he retconned the older mecha designs.
>>
>>143494539
Can sort of understand that opinion, but it still feels like a crotchety old man complaining. That said the style in general has pretty much changed, and there were a few times in his films where the characters weren't particularly proportioned like real people.

Granted, while I like moeshit sometimes, general moeshit style kind of bugs the shit out of me sometimes. And I'd be lying if I didn't say there weren't a lot of retarded character designs floating around these days.
>>
>>143494667
the left robot is so much cooler than the right one
>>
>>143492826
>insecurity
>gap-moe
Miyazaki was just confused because he was lacking self-awareness.
>>
File: gtm-atoll.jpg (119KB, 1200x792px) Image search: [Google]
gtm-atoll.jpg
119KB, 1200x792px
>>143494705
Yep. There was quite an outrage on /m/ when people found out that Nagano had retconned all the older designs into these new noodle puppets. That's what working on a manga for 30 years does to you I guess.
>>
>>143494759
I actually don't mind the left one here to be honest.
>>
>>143493850
Most of his designs are clearly influenced by the films I mentioned. Have you seen Excalibur?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3cXcS49D64

It's the closest thing to early Berserk I've seen.
>>
>>143494877
I'm not saying he's not influenced by films I just want more people to check out the Jack manga
>>
>>143494898
You should make threads for it and lure in saucefags then.
>>
File: 18.jpg (278KB, 1200x1695px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
278KB, 1200x1695px
>>143494759
>Gothicmade never
>>
>>
>>143495097
Don't remind me, anon.
>>
>>143493481
I'm sick of this meme
>>
File: 1431858206485.png (3MB, 5150x7837px)
1431858206485.png
3MB, 5150x7837px
>>143495159
The Engages are my absolute favorite robots.
>>
>>143493519
>Gothicmade
Why the fuck does this still have no BDs? I want to see what it was all about.
>>
>>143495097
FUCK YOU NAGANO THEY'LL ALWAYS BE MORTAR HEADS TO ME
>>
>>143495279
Because Nagano thinks that BD is too pleb and the only right way to view it is in 4K cinema screens.
>>
>>143479517
He dislikes Gun otakus to be more specific and moe is pretty much a far cry.
>>
>>143495311
>Because Nagano thinks that BD is too pleb and the only right way to view it is in 4K cinema screens.
"muh theater experience" fags need to be murdered en-masse
>>
>>143495311
>implying this was even animated at 1080p
And people can have about as good screens and projectors in their home cinema nowadays.
>>
File: kog-face.jpg (111KB, 551x730px) Image search: [Google]
kog-face.jpg
111KB, 551x730px
>>143495279
We had a whole thread about it a while back, but in short >>143495311

http://desuarchive.org/a/thread/143283981/
>>
>>143495432
Tell that to Nagano. I'm just telling the other guy why BDs aren't going to be out any time soon, no need to shoot the messenger.
>>
>>143493519
Would Gothicmade be one of those projects made by strange rich people in their garages Miyazaki was talking about?
>>
>>143495478
No bullets fired. Now be a good messenger and send him our greentexts back.
>>
File: Gothicmade World Guide -027.jpg (4MB, 3457x4684px) Image search: [Google]
Gothicmade World Guide -027.jpg
4MB, 3457x4684px
>>143495521
Yes. And if we're talking about pure 2D animation, then it's probably the only one we've seen so far in Japan. Shinkai's stuff sorta counts too but it uses tons of CGI.
>>
>>143479519
But they weren't
>>
>>143496762
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they weren't influential in shaping the current form of moe anime.
>>
>>143494052
Yep
>>
>>143477711
I think he's a bitter old fart, but sadly he's not wrong.

Just look at all the isekai and battle harem shit we have every season.

They're being made because you have idiots lining up to eat it all up. There's still money in it.
>>
>>143498309
The main problem with the anime industry is specifically the fanbase.
>>
File: suicide.gif (2MB, 540x297px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.gif
2MB, 540x297px
>crtl+f Moe
>6 out of 22 results
>>
>>143498437
There is nothing wrong with the Anime industry especially it fanbase.
Why should the whole thing be changed and made because /v/ wants everything to Dbz or Cowboy beebop.
Leave the Otaku alone, what gives some foreign invader the right to tell them they are wrong or pieces of shit.
The same faggots who complain about this are the ones who bitch and moan about SJWs ruining video games.
>>
>>143499017
thats.. thats a meme...
>>
>>143500863
Wait, are you saying that such a title doesn't exist, and somebody made it up?
>>
>>143500985
Yes
>>
>>143501315
ouch
>>
>>143499017
Silly Smite anon, you fell for a meme.
Thread posts: 368
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.