[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

W-Will she go on a date with me if I score a run, /a/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: aoba4504.jpg (20KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
aoba4504.jpg
20KB, 560x315px
W-Will she go on a date with me if I score a run, /a/?
>>
I cried at the end of this show. Fucking perfect 10/10 show
>>
>>143461811
It was indeed perfect, except for this bitch Akane. I'm so glad Aoba won in the end - I would have loved a bit more dere moments though
>>
File: 1415768157354.gif (3MB, 344x261px) Image search: [Google]
1415768157354.gif
3MB, 344x261px
>>143461811
>your face when she did end up standing behind Kou at Koshien just as Wakaba dreamed.... as a portrait, but still....
>>
File: 1465296429570.jpg (45KB, 532x447px) Image search: [Google]
1465296429570.jpg
45KB, 532x447px
>>143462021
>mfw Wakaba wasn't in her own dream
>>
basebal a SHIT
>>
>>143462158
>implying this show was about baseball at all
>>
How come these shows never go to Koshien?
>>
>>143462194
>implying the drama was anything noteworthy
>>
>>143462248
It was cute and realistic, sorry it wasn't some overdramatized cryfest :^)
>>
>>143462347
>It was cute and realistic,
And this means nothing for the quality of a drama.
>>
>>143462571
Then what does?
>>
>>143462216
For this show, it wasn't about winning it, just getting to it. That was Wakaba's dream that the MC wanted to achieve.
>>
>>143462571

What do you classify as a good drama? Shit like Chicago Fire and NCIS?

Cross Game was definitely better for being more subtle.
>>
>>143462787
The point was that just because a piece of fiction is realistic that doesn't automatically make it good. If you make a story out of a random person's life it's highly likely that it wouldn't be engaging, insightful or emotionally impactful.

A good drama is a drama that has something to convey through it's characters and depending on how novel and important the author makes the idea seem the better the drama becomes. Basically it's a show that streamlines and explores it's themes well, while managing to be make the audience care about the characters.

>>143463173
What's your argument here? That Cross Game is a good drama because it's a better drama than NCIS? or maybe you just want some recs
>>
>>143464179

>That Cross Game is a good drama because it's a better drama than NCIS?
That wasn't my argument, but that is true.

My argument is that you seem to think that Cross Game wasn't a good drama. And I wonder what you think does. I personally think Cross Game was good because it wasn't melodramatic (like the examples I gave).
>>
>>143464458
Saying that something is good because it's not melodramatic doesn't make me understand the appeal of CG any better since there are plenty of lukewarm dramas out there that aren't melodramatic. I think CG is way above Okada-drama level but I just don't find anything remarkable about it. To me it just seems like your typical sports coming of age anime about hard work, with a tsun and an MC that puts on a front about not giving a fuck, while everybody constantly lingers on a perfect dead waifu. And the fact that CG faded into obscurity, like all sports anime eventually do, sort of proves my point that it is not that great.

But some examples of good shows that are primarily character dramas would be: NHK, Haibane and Ping pong for sports.
>>
>>143465208

Well I can't really help what you see about it. But I personally felt it was good because it wasn't focused on sports. The focus is clearly on the character development, with baseball just being a way all the characters come together.

>And the fact that CG faded into obscurity, like all sports anime eventually do, sort of proves my point that it is not that great.
What? The show is still referenced by plenty of people as one of their favorites. And if you're seriously going to claim that being remembered is the only thing that makes a show good, then that's just fucking stupid. FMA, Naruto and Cowboy Bebop are 'remembered' more than most shows. But that doesn't mean they were the best.
>>
>>143465208
I agree that the drama itself wasn't all that good, but the execution was fantastic. The theme was simple (borderline cliché) but the character interactions were really subtle; you could understand what was going on through a character's mind only by looking at their facial expression sometimes. To me the simplicity of this show fits its theme perfectly, and while it is hard for me to relate to most dramas I found myself very emotionaly engaged in this series.
>>
File: Katsuya Nomura.jpg (57KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
Katsuya Nomura.jpg
57KB, 277x400px
>>143462158
>watches anime
>dislikes baseball
Doing it wrong.
>>
>>143465624
The amount of people remembering a show isn't the the most important part, though it's still significant. The important part is HOW people rememberer a show. In other words what are their reasons for liking it. For example Elfen lied is infamous for how shit it is (you can think of naruto the same way), while FMA is remembered as the best shounen ever made and the arguments for that being the case are also very solid.

I wasn't very impressed with the character development or the subtleties of CG (mainly because character development needs to be contrasted in the themes to be impressive) but alongside my personal experiences I've also never come across a insightful argument for CG's quality.

In my anecdotal experience people hardly ever mention CG when the discussion comes to favourite/best sports shows. I occasionally see it in 3x3s but that's about it. Our experiences differ so the best thing would be to compare a few sports show's popularity to CG in a database site.

>>143466900
I didn't really work for me since regardless of what happened MC always had a "I don't give a fuck" expression/attitude.
>>
>>143461735
Yes, she will. And then she'll dump you.
>>
File: Ichiro.jpg (46KB, 472x292px) Image search: [Google]
Ichiro.jpg
46KB, 472x292px
>>143462158
How does it feel having shit taste?
>>
>>143467720

And if you're going by stupid sites like MAL and anidb, which I can only assume you are with your 'how its remembered' argument, Cross Game is still one of the highest rates series on those sites. Its remembered just fine.

On the flip side, most of the shows you probably cite as being popular only reached that level because they were syndicated on western TV. FMA and Cowboy Bebop are remembered more than Hajime no Ippo or Slayers because they were on Adult Swim. That has nothing to do with the quality of the show but with how much exposure it got.
>>
File: Cross Game 02_beamu.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cross Game 02_beamu.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>143468165

I don't hate baseball. But you have to admit its a pretty boring thing to watch. Cross Game is actually good because baseball wasn't the focus. If baseball was the focus, most of it would just be watching 'dramatic' dialogue as the batter tries to guess what pitch is coming. And then 'dramatic' shots of people running the bases and yelling. In this way, Cross Game was actually a little more realistic to baseball as during games, there would be lots of slow periods. Though it still had plenty of ridiculous strategizing and a pitcher with a dead arm hitting a home run to win the game.
>>
>>143465208
>And the fact that CG faded into obscurity, like all sports anime eventually do, sort of proves my point that it is not that great.
You didn't really just pull "popularity is quality," did you? Also, Cross Game beats the shit out of NHK at the least.
>>
File: 1467181790170.png (588KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1467181790170.png
588KB, 1440x810px
>it's a qt female lead and main love interest dies at the beginning episode

I did finish it though, ending was cute
>>
>>143467720
>In my anecdotal experience people hardly ever mention CG when the discussion comes to favourite/best sports shows. I occasionally see it in 3x3s but that's about it. Our experiences differ so the best thing would be to compare a few sports show's popularity to CG in a database site.
In my experience people mention Adachi a ton when it comes to favorite/best sports shows, and then they have a spat arranging H2, Touch, and Cross Game in their personal hierarchies and disputing which is the best.
>>
>>143467720
>I didn't really work for me since regardless of what happened MC always had a "I don't give a fuck" expression/attitude.
Well that's the kind of person he is (his great performances and lack of anxiety in important games confirm it) but it is explicitely shown multiple times that he actually cares about his dear ones: He doesn't forget about wakaba (even though it is hinted that he only realized how much he cared for her after she had passed away), he never does things that would genuinely hurt Aoba or the other girls and is very delicate/sensitive in the way he talks about wakaba's death. To me Kou came off as a kid who never thought that something tragic would happen to him and it really shook him when it did happen.

It's okay if this show didn't work for you though, I'm not trying to change your mind or anything - I just feel like talking how I felt about it.

>>143468116
No way, Aoba isn't that kind of girl! She wouldn't go on a serious date with me if she knows she'd dump me later. Maybe I'll aim for a 160km/h pitch before proposing though.

>>143468528
well he is a "one in 10 years talent" after all.
>>
>>143468258
It not very well remembered for an 09 show. Regardless of what our perceived popularity of CG is, I've never come across a fan that would be able to articulable what make CG great. There might be blog posts/reviews/analytical essay explaining the greatness of CG somewhere on the internet, but I see no reason to look for them since I've seen the show and I highly doubt that anything could be said for me to have a paradigm shift about it. But feel free to prove me wrong, it's always better to not be misguided after all.

About the popularity examples you have provided, of course AS has given them a head start but there are a few variables you overlooked. Firstly, a lot of different anime has aired on AS but Bebop and FMA are still the most popular while plenty others that had also aired are forgotten. Secondly AS cherry picked the show they believed were good. They ignored subpar shows and most of those same shows are still considered subpar. And thirdly FMA and Bebop aren't just aimless comedy shows or aimless fighting tournaments, they actually have a narrative, or to simplify, they are actually well told stories.

>>143468390
I pulled the test of time argument. If something is relevant after decades of being aired that means it has done something well enough, that shows which followed were unable to top, despite having their legacy to build upon alongside technological advancements.
>>
>>143469897

>its not really remembered
>based on my experiences talking to people
Just stop dude. No one I know talks about Kill la Kill, but its clearly remembered.
>>
Only if you pitch a 160 km straighto.
>>
>>143469991
Well yeah except that about 10 times more people have seen KLK than cross game. CG is show with narrow appeal. And when you add to that a fanbase that cannot back up their beliefs you get a clear picture of how unimpressive the show is.
>>
>>143470261

Stop making generalizations off of generalizations. You just look like an idiot.
>>
>>143469897
>I pulled the test of time argument. If something is relevant after decades of being aired that means it has done something well enough, that shows which followed were unable to top, despite having their legacy to build upon alongside technological advancements.
Not really, no. It still comes down to "the opinions of this large group of people on how good a story is prove my opinion right," which will never not be a fallacy.
>>
>>143470261
I fail to see what else could be said that hasn't already been talked about
It's a comfy drama/sol/sports anime with a strong cast of main characters, great interactions, great humor, well told story and it's more than easy to relate to it.

Your only argument seems to be that nobody was able to provide you almost-scientific facts on how this show is great. But you haven't given a real reason why it's bad either, it's just, you know, your opinion man.
>>
>>143470822
Nice strawman. It was always contingent on what was the consensus on the arguments/interpretation is.
>>143467720
>The important part is HOW people rememberer a show. In other words what are their reasons for liking it
When it comes to art it's merit comes down to the individuals experiences and perception of it. For example >>143470839 make a declarative statement in form of an argument. Exact same argument could be made for something like Bebop. Majority of the people that had seen both shows would agree that the argument better apples to bebop. A lot less people would agree with that anon interpretation let's be honest with ourselves which mean his claim holds less merit.

But of course you will still call it fallacy since you are a relativist so that you can justify eating shit to yourself.
>>
>girl from childhood dies
>better dedicate my life to her
series is kinda morbid.
>>
if i want to fuck aoba does that mean i'm into dudes
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.