[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does /a/ hate attack on titan? I thought it was great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

why does /a/ hate attack on titan? I thought it was great.
>>
>>143061197
They don't. The hate is a meme. Like the hate for EVA, SAO, any other popular anime/manga.
>>
>>143061197
It's overrated and its fanbase is shit.
>>
>>143061219
>if someone hate what I like its a meme
>>
Because it's popular
eh it was okay
>>
File: i_think_i_would_by_47k-d62xhr5.jpg (246KB, 885x952px) Image search: [Google]
i_think_i_would_by_47k-d62xhr5.jpg
246KB, 885x952px
It became popular.

When the manga was first getting attention around this time 5 years ago, /a/ praised it all the time.

Honestly, it's pretty good (and very good at the start), but it develops a lot of problems as the story progresses.

Also, Mikasa has a really nice ass.
>>
>>143061251
okay but why do you dislike the actual attack on titan?
>>
>>143061251
This is such autistic reasoning

I don't like the fanbase either, just look at the generals on /a/, but that doesn't make the series bad.
Fuck you and fuck people like you who can't separate media from those who enjoy said media.
>>
>>143061197
It's the counter-hype. When fanboys fanatically worship something, equally irrational people who don't feel the same way take the opposite stance.

>>143061300
Probably because AoT is just a zombie apocalypse pretending to be a mystery. Plus it has awful pacing, asspulls, it's full of shock factor and over-dramatization, not to metion it ends incomplete. Simply put the writing is garbage.
>>
File: 1181.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1181.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
Lets all use the "because its popular" excuse and just ignore the shoddy writing and Annie ice block bullshit it pulls.
>>
>>143061197
Butthurt contrarian fedora tipper hipsters
>>
>>143061300
>>143061340
I didn't say I dislike it, I just said it's not as good as people says. In fact I started to read it before it became popular but never got me as interested so I read the new chapters from time to time, when I remember I'm following the manga.
>>
>>143061197
I wanted humanity vs titans. I got humans vs human with some titans as background.
>>
>>143061197
Because it didn't end when it was supposed to.Everyone dead and everything overrun by titans.Normies could get triggered so much that would hate it.Then it would become /a/'s goat series.
>>
>>143061197
Because the threads are fujoshi center.
>>
>>143061197
It has bad writing and has many cliche moments. Because of that it is boring and predictable. It has plot holes (let's see will they be answered). Art is shitty and "monsters attacking and eating/killing humans so humans build walls" is a thing we already saw in the past MANY times. So it isn't original. Characters are also shitty (some are good )

Story is really shitty and badly written (+plot holes(lets hope those will be answere = BAD as a whole
>>
>>143061197
80% of its fanbase are fujoshit and 16 year old kids. That is why
>>
>>143061197
Why do you like it?

>>143061219
No Anon, disliking Eva, TTGL and Monster is a meme. That's it.
>>
Cant' wait for anime only fags to react to S2.
>>
>>143061251
>he lets the fanbase ruin a show

/co/ is that way
>>
>>143061219
Nobody likes Sao.
>>
>>143061197
Threads are always garbage and the manga turned absolutely retarded. The anime was nice though and worth a watch.
>>
>>143062010
Kill yourself retard
>>
>>143061197
>popular series
>got an anime adaptation
Name a single show that wasn't ruined by the anime
>>
>>143062816
I liked the first season up until they eloped to play happy families
>>
>>143062857
Monster, FMAB, K-On (there was little to ruin), GitS, FLCL... and I lost lost interest because there are too many counter examples.
>>
>>143062857
Trigun
>>
>>143061197
When I read the manga, I have trouble telling who's dying because

A) They were introduced two or three chapters ago
B) I literally cannot tell some characters from other characters unless they are specifically named in a given scene or panel because of the artwork.
>>
>>143063070
Yeah, all those shows gets shitposted to death here, except for K-on, at some degree.
>>
>>143062777
wat ib dis
>>
>>143063311
I don't get it. How does shitposting lower the quality of a show?
>>
>>143063329
Art
>>
>>143063373
you watch the show but all you can hear is the shitposts playing out in your head
>>
You know a show is shit when 90% of it's fanbase ships males with other males.
>>
>>143063534
MUH HOMODECKTUALS
>>
>>143062777
This is retarded and it's not even shocking.
>>
>>143063667
It also doesn't help when the rest of the fanbase shitflings over who best girl is.
>>
>>143061197
That's because you have shit taste, anon.
>>
>>143063747
isn't that every fanbase with of a series with a sizable cast of cute females?
>>
>>143063848
Take a good look at say Hidamari Sketch threads, then compare them to the shitgeki general.
>>
>>143063887
well maybey not hidamari since its too comfy
but i do know theres massive drama over that kind of shit in the madoka threads.
>>
>>143061197
Because it's not that good but most of the new "anime fans" that got into anime with SAO say it's the best show ever, saying it's shit is a way to balance it out.
Most people also don't want to be mistaken for the 14 year olds that post AoT quotes on fb.
>>
I dislike the idea of Titan shifters immensely and how the series revolves heavily around them. I was down for humans with bullshit jumpy tech fighting giants until it turns into shifter slapfights with randoms dying while accomplishing nothing.

I hate how they didn't let Eren die. He's such a boring and predictable protagonist that pretty much anybody else would have been a better MC choice.

I especially hate how they kill nobody characters and expect you to feel heartbroken over them. For a series that tries to feel dangerous it feels extremely safe to anyone who is important.
>>
>>143061197
Mikasa is a mary sue, there's nothing else to Erin's personality besides "KILL ALL TITANS!!!!", and Armin is fucking Armin. After where the anime dropped off in the story, the manga becomes dialogue heavy with some action every now and then, usually just some side characters getting killed off because of MUH EDGE. Oh, and Erin gets kidnapped like 5 times.
>>
There are interesting concepts but its dragged down by being mostly terrible
Alot of the arcs are badly written, especially the politics and moving the boulder arcs
>>
>season2 release 4 years after season1

How is this allowed when SnK is basically the second most popular series in Japan right now?
>>
>>143064176
>Mikasa is a mary sue,
how so?
>>
>>143062777
God, anime only fags are such insufferable shits.
>>
>>143061197

Contrarianism. HURR IT'S FOR NORMALFAGS AND THEREFORE SHIT BECAUSE IT'S SHIT BECAUSE IT'S SHIT or something along those lines.
>>
>>143061273

They'd probably call it MANanime like they do Kabaneri and also an example of "why anime is back" or "save" or some other such meme if it wasn't legitimately internationally popular
>>
>>143061340

It does when you're in the business of just saying shit and hurf durfing it like /a/ and the greater anime community. You should try telling them not to be stupid, let me know how it goes.
>>
>>143064176
>Mikasa is a mary sue
Why?
Because she an ace?

She's trained hard for it and besides that she's just Erin's lapdog.
>>
>>143062010
>he's mad about the annie ice block
Oh boy wait till you get to when manlet "kills" reiner. Biggest asspull in the history of story-telling?
>>
>>143062802

Really aggressive over the top fanbases can make it harder to get into a show. My solution is just don't have any sort of interaction with the anime fanbase if you legitimately plan on enjoying something at all. Just don't ever mix the watching and discussing aspect, it's not worth it ever.
>>
>>143064136

I don't think casting him as Yuki Kaji with the anime helped things much even if he didn't do an absolutely awful job like I figured was going to happen. I still think he's ridiculously overcast in everything along with several other people in the same show but that was where he proved he had more range than just the sad sack wuss boy trope that I guess fujoshi eat up.
>>
>>143064136
Spotted the anime only fag.
>>
Tell me one interesting character
>>
>>143064257
Second season will kill the franchise, the politics arc is boring shit and they will just cover that part, I really doubt they adapt the whole trouble monkey team vs survey cops in the second season.
>>
>>143064257

Wit kept getting tied up on other projects while Araki went to understudy with Tomino for a bit and ended up working on G-Reco. Don't worry they're far from the only studio that got seriously backlogged on projects lately. It just seems like how it goes with Japan in the 2000's, shit gets announced and then maybe 2-10 years later you actually get it.....maybe.
>>
>>143066567
Am I the only person who liked the political arc?
>>
>>143066567
>they will just cover that part
Yeah they will skip the clash of the titan arc.

Retard.
>>
>>143061197
>extremely vocal and hostile /a/
>representative of entire body of /a/ demographic
=/= and all that shit
>>
>>143066624
No, most people liked it. Only retarded babies who are not used to monthly manga and dialogues are crying because it was too much for them to think while reading.
>>
attack on titan sucks
>>
>>143066559
Personally I am rather intrigued by Ymir's past and her possible relation to the origin of the titans.
>>
>>143064855
>>143066324
She's perfect. She can bring down Titans by herself, she graduated on top of her class because she's literally the best, and the series never shows her working particularly hard for it either. She and Levi are the two of the strongest fighters in the series.
>>
>>143066659
This.

You will notice that the same angry people post over and over and over and over again.
There are 2000 odd posts per hour and there are always more lurkers than posters.
>>
>>143066824
She also an obsessive sperg with family issues. She's been shat on so heavily for development and exists largely as Eren's shield. Even the arc about Ackermans gave her nothing.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.