[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible that there is a peaceful solution to any problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 89607[1].jpg (48KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
89607[1].jpg
48KB, 225x350px
Is it possible that there is a peaceful solution to any problem?
>>
No, his ideals were wrong and led to more harm than good in many cases. They're not even his own ideals.
>>
TrolleyProblem.png
>>
>>142930749
Knives please.
>>
Kinda

but to find it will take so much time that y the time it's found the violent fucks have already killed an assload of innocent people.

In an anarchic place like Gunsmoke I think one is better off trying to establish stability than peace.
>>
>>142930771
Spider and fly.

Also, countless criminals that Vash was powerless to stop and that went on killing sprees after being defeated by Vash.

>>142930695
In theory, possibly. But you shouldn't try it unless you have absolutely supreme power, and in that case you've got to ask yourself if the loss of freedom is actually in your humans' best interest.
>>
>>142930766
> Infiniterecursiontrolleyproblem.swf
>>
>>142930695
Only if you exist in "that kind" of anime/other fictional medium.
>>
No, and Vash was insane
>>
>>142930695
Yep, but it'll always include a lot of compromises and there's no guarantee that it won't create new problems or eventually break apart.
>>
File: hitler smile.png (28KB, 205x222px) Image search: [Google]
hitler smile.png
28KB, 205x222px
>>142930695
No.
>>
>>142930771
He's right though. At least in the anime ending he said he would go find his own ethics to follow
>>
>>142930695
Yes. If by "peace" you mean "superior firepower".
>>
>>142932877
Calm down Kira.
>>
The soliution to all problems is peaceful if you do it right. Sadly everyone wants to do things easily or quickly, rarely right. Try to do things properly today, anonymous. I'll thank you later.
>>
>>142933850
>Try to do things properly today
Think about that for a moment.
>properly
>today
Those two words don't go together. A proper solution must be a long-term solution. Otherwise it's just another abandoned new years resolution.
I think a nice example is how the politicians in my country wanted to stop segregation of different students by ability and put them all into the same schools, because then the gifted students would be able to help the slow ones and learn social skills on the way.
What really happened was that there weren't enough teachers and no budget. The slow students got the classes to grind to a halt and nobody learned anything at all.
(of course it was all just propaganda. The real aim had been to cut spending on education, and that goal was reached easily)
>>
>>142930695
Yeah if you're God and can just change people to be whatever you want whenever you want.
>>
>>142932836
So the moral of the story was that pacifism doesn't work?
>>
>>142937377
Nah, the story was more about how a shonen protagonist would fail in a world that doesn't bend over backwards to let him succeed at pacifism.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.