[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiroyuki Sawano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 40318.jpg (31KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
40318.jpg
31KB, 225x350px
When I watched Gundam Unicorn, I was in love with it's soundtrack. I very rarely pay attention to the OSTs of shows unless it's a music-based show or the OST is particularly good, and this fell into the latter. I was also surprised with Guilty Crown's soundtrack as while I hated the show, I loved the music. Sawano was a really cool guy for me and anticipated his work

I say was because sometime after KLK, his music started getting really fucking samey and annoying. He clearly has become sort of like Hans Zimmer in which you get his name on to get hype but know you're basically going to get the same sort of "epic" music over and over but people keep buying into it. How surprised was I when I saw the trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X and heard a track I could have sworn was straight out of Unicorn. I realized at that point this guy had become a fucking hack
>>
>>142703889

He went from someone I wanted to hear more from to probably the most unwanted person in anime for me in the span of a few years since his vocal track bullshit started up. I hate how everyone sucks his dick, I hate how he just doesn't give a fuck, I hate that he keeps getting slapped onto every blockbuster show now with his generic vocal drop cues and recycled arrangements. He's the absolute fucking worst hack there is in this industry right now and it's some tough competition
>>
File: slowpoke.png (12KB, 312x295px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12KB, 312x295px
>>142703889
>I realized at that point this guy had become a fucking hack
>>
>>142706151
But he wasn't always a hack, that's my point
>>
>>142703889
Nice unpopular opinion you got there anon
>>
>>142705847
damn man, you really seem to hate him
watcha think about Taku Iwasaki?
>>
Love Hiroyuki Sawano work, one of the best out there.
>>
File: go shiina.jpg (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
go shiina.jpg
19KB, 200x200px
posting superior sawano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FRxDcF-dxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtS8_4SpQiA
>>
The 2 songs on the Kabaneri ED single and its variants are good. 1coma is going to be a good gym song. The last time Sawano really blew me away with something was with the Xenoblade soundtrack though which was some time ago though.
>>
If you guys love Sawano, he's doing the music for Thunderbolt Fantasy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-10/gen-urobuchi-puppet-tv-series-reveals-2nd-promo-additional-staff-premiere-date/.103085
>>
>>142707917
> Sawano won't fuck off already
> It's the puppet Urobuchi show
DAMNIT

My problem with Sawano is that he keeps on taking up so much work and it doesn't help when all that ends up getting produced is samey shit. Learn to take a fucking break already.

He really is this decade's Yuki Kajiura...who actually has quite a lot to do in 2017 compared to recent years with the SAO movie and Heaven's Feel too.
>>
>>142703889
I like his stuff, the kabaneri soundtrack is spot on.
>>
File: 4220xtylnjoe.jpg (21KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
4220xtylnjoe.jpg
21KB, 600x336px
Joe Hisaishi is objectively far better than Sawano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9mGQU7rGGM

Why don't more studios hire him? He's clearly more talented.
>>
>>142708098
Kajiura feels like an apt comparison. Although even after Kajiura overdose, she still made Madoka and KnK osts, arguably some of her strongest works.

Also, it seems like 'hack' is only ever used to refer to the anime newcomer starter set of "I've watched about 5 anime and these are the names of people who make things in anime": Anno, Kubo, Okada, Suwano. None of the people using it seem to know what calling someone a 'hack' actually means, it's just a generic phrase meaning 'I don't like them.'
>>
>>142708673
>gibli
He's probably crazy expensive. That kind of talent and prestige comes with a price tag.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.