[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 13

File: huihFYTFTUGIKJo.jpg (495KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
huihFYTFTUGIKJo.jpg
495KB, 1280x960px
The Greatest Love Story Ever Told
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC33HWDShkI

>anime set in a steampunk Japan
>arabic music
>>
Was the last episode heavily politicaly charged, like showing Biba as the leader of some communist revolution and the consequences of it.

Or it was just me?

>inb4 pol
>>
>>142684442
What is he trying to do?
>>
>>142685158
It was nice, finally watched it all and i really liked it.
>>
>>142685158
>communist revolution
It was a Jingoist revolution.
>>
>>142684632
What do you expect from the Hanz Zimmer of anime? It's always been clear Sawano is a hack
>>
>>142685158
Didn't seem very communist, seemed more anarchist to me. I mean the entire idea is dumb so I doubt it has much to do with anything real world.
>>
So what was the purpose of the huge zombie horobi? They could have just blasted the wall with explosives.
>>
>>142686320
To show what that blue heart is for and to drive the plot forward.

Come the next town/capital, the big brother will want to be using Meimei as the zombie so that will put some urgency into the plot.
>>
>>142686873
I understand the meta reasons. I was just hoping somebody would explain how it makes sense from the perspective of the big brother so that it doesn't look uncalled for and artificial.
>>
File: 1465008627626.jpg (320KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465008627626.jpg
320KB, 1280x720px
For some time researchers have understood that moderate habanero has beneficial effects. It boosts the immune system for example. Habanero motivates and prepares us for action. It compels our body to survive. However, routine psycho spice checks take away the habanero from us. There are kisamas whose habanero reaction is so numb, they can’t even recognize the basic stimulation of their senses. Once that happens, it’s a neurological downward spiral, they become like living corpses. Eventually their autonomic nervous system stops working and their vital functions shut down.

-Amatori Biba, creator of Hyperobi
>>
>>142688268
Please don't repost comments from reddit.
>>
>the strong will surly survive against the millions of zombies
derp
>>
This show is absolutely fucking shit
>>
File: Kebabbari.jpg (58KB, 960x646px) Image search: [Google]
Kebabbari.jpg
58KB, 960x646px
>>142684442
Kebabbari of the Shibola Fortress
>>
>>142685158
>>142686272
Pls open a book, or even just wikipedia at that point.
>>
>>142689406
>Baba only survived because he hide in a train full of superior techs/weapons, sur-humans half-zombies and a bunch of crazy scientists.
>you guys are pussies for not fighting the zombies with guns that cant kill them xd
>oh also I made nearly invincible and uncontrollable zombies colonies oops
>>
Is it a signle volume?
Translations never anyway.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e0xPDxoqFM I'm sorry
>>
>>142690006
Back to /pol/, faggot

Communist is not about kill random people for random reasons
>>
>>142685158
Haha, no. How could you derive communism from this episode? If anything it's the complete opposite.
>>
>>142685158
Biba is full anarcho-liberal. His whole rebellion against the government was caused by the rulers trying to take his life, and according to the NAP he now has the right to destroy the country.
>>
I honestly didnt understand the point of the slaughter. What exactly did Biba gain from this?
I dont think the number of troops increased or anything.
>>
>>142691403
>What exactly did Biba gain from this?
Edgelord points and a nomination for worst character of all time
>>
>>142691403
Nothing. The point is for the audience to want him dead so they can make the MC to kill him and still be a good guy.
Bad guy is bad because he's bad and good guy is good because he kills bad guy.
>>
Finally watched it.

1. I said it last week that they probs weren't gonna do Kongogaku yet, and well, they didn't!

2. Biba came off as a little child in this episode. Really, the only thing the excess amounts of violence did was to show how fucking immature Biba is about the shogunate fucking him over. They better have a damn good reason within the past event where Biba got fucked over for him to be this stupid levels of butthurt.

3. That scene where Biba starts sweating, then kills Horobi having that sweat replaced with her blood was fantastic. Cool as shit way of showing a bit of weakness in Biba.

4. How the fuck have they developed radio tech where they are trying to contact the capital city? I can understand the bikes cuz similar tech is used for trains. I can understand the science cuz of the more alchemical approach that did legit exist. But radio stuff is far from steampunk.

5. With how the episode ended, and from the preview, it seems that my prediction from last week that we might get train vs train battle is actually gonna happen.

>>142686320
Based on what we have seen of the explosives they do have, it would've wasted too many of their explosives to achieve the same effect. Not only that, it also further helped with showing how expendable Biba thinks of everyone around him, and possibly also goes into the whole thing Horobi said about Biba being scared of her (also shown with the sweat->blood sequence) so he wants to get rid of her, too.
>>
>>142686320
So they can make Biba seem even edgier by having him sacrifice one of his Kabaneri, a pretty important asset as I would assume.

He isnt just killing his enemies and innocents (weak) people but also his own strong people.

Truly a man with vision.
>>
File: 1441995809770.png (556KB, 763x992px) Image search: [Google]
1441995809770.png
556KB, 763x992px
STUPID MUMEI YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHEIT I HOPE YOU FUCKIN DIE FUCKIN STUPID BITCH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>142691403
Im still trying to wrap my head around why he did all this and doesnt he just create more kabeneris by doing this shit, its so fucking stupid
>>
>>142693382
I thought that maybe hes making a kabane army and intends to herd them to the shogunate but from the way things are going this is probably not the case.

Its literally 0 win. They dont even pillage the place or rape the woman or anything. Theres nothing in it for them.
>>
Biba's motivations are pretty weaksauce. Hopefully it's revealed that he is actually just crazy, and uses this 'the strong survive' rhetoric to keep his followers loyal.
>>
>>142693382
>make kabaneris out of the strong
>use the weaker ones as blood bags

The real question is what the fuck is his end goal? Kill his dad and then the whole world is just some fend for yourselves zombie apocalypse?
>>
>>142693608
He cant use the weaker ones as blood bags because they are literally splattered all around and he wont be transporting their blood like this.

That anon mistyped and meant Kabane. He isnt even making Kabaneri. In fact, he even sacrificed a Kabaneri to kill some weak people.
>>
>>142692598
Steam bike is impossible.
>>
>>142693798
As this other anon pointed out Bibi probably just wanted to get rid of Horobi. Testing out his new magic serum and blasting a wall down were just a bonus.
>>
>>142693798
whoops this anon is right I meant Kabane not Kabaneri and he didnt even use her to kill people (but she did anyway) but to destroy a fucking wall that could have easily been breached with all the explosives they have.

and what made her stop from attacking him just because hes special? and it looked like she was getting back control, or only for him to kill her for edgy points?
>>
>>142693817
Putting a steam propulsion system in a bike would work. The bikes just won't work for as long as modern bikes do.
>>
File: senator-biba.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
senator-biba.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>142685158
I don't know, all I could hear was a faggot version of this.
>>
File: the little engine that could.jpg (24KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
the little engine that could.jpg
24KB, 333x500px
>>142692598
>train vs train battle

That sounds awesome af.

They did upgrade themselves via loot from the previous city, too..
>>
>>142692598
>train vs train battle
I would like that. Please, Okouchi
>>
>>142693382
Who says that he hasn't and won't create more Kabaneri though? You are quite impatient.
>>
It's amazing how shit this show got after like 3 episodes. There's no tension in any single scene because all the characters fucking suck. The train could crash and explode and everyone on it die and it wouldn't even matter because these characters don't even have a purpose. Wit Studio are peerless masters at making soulless, hollow, vapid trash. There is no creative or passionate spark in anything they've produced.
>>
>Hababeros told to be fucking overpowered
>Ikoma gets knocked with 2 strikes
This show started great, whoever thought that the Biba fuckery and everything related was a good idea should fucking off himself
>>
>>142694497
Not sure if b8. Ikoma never goes super Habanero mode, nor does he have the training the other two people we have seen super Habanero mode have.
>>
>>142684442
I still want to kill that cunt.
>>
File: 1464403218017.jpg (106KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
1464403218017.jpg
106KB, 600x838px
For fuck sakes why cant we just have Humans Vs Kabanes? why is the main villain always a fucking human in these type of series? AoT had this fucking problem too "guys the titans were actually humans all along LMAO XDDD" fuck off
>>
File: 1405453591758.jpg (46KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
1405453591758.jpg
46KB, 448x486px
If habaneros regenerate, why didn't Ikoma's first bite heal? Then he wouldn't have been found out on the first episode. He would have been a regular green person.
>>
File: liberator.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
liberator.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Biba is basically a soviet "liberator". Making everyone equally miserable.
>>
>>142694332
I think only this episode was really bad. I liked the other two.
>>
whoops wrong one
>>
>>142693123
She's a kid give her a break for being dumb and naive. Personally I have no problem with how this event was handled. There was no flip-flopping on Mumei's part, no grey moral area. She was tricked straight up, and being the kid she was, she was played like a flute. At least now she will have clear cut reason to join Ikoma's camp and the series won't need to drag out and play the indecisive caught between two worlds card for Mumei- less pointless drama in the end.
>>
File: m.jpg (81KB, 1024x1151px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
81KB, 1024x1151px
>>142695758
There we go, hail Onii-sama
>>
>>142695811
No she deserves all the hate she gets for how she's acted for the past 6 episodes.
>>
Honestly I'd love for this to go for 52 episodes of them just rolling around Japan fighting hordes of zambies from their fortress, but this Biba arc makes me pretty certain that it'll end at 13 episodes in a horribly uncreative way. Its a shame watching this potential used on a played out storyline right from the get-go.
>>
>>142692598
>train vs train battle
yes please
>>
did the first habanero smoke thing formed naturally or was it created as well?
>>
>>142696535
Formed naturally.
>>
>>142684442
share the raws, I'll translate it all.
>>
File: 1426613694802.png (118KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
1426613694802.png
118KB, 314x319px
>Mumei kills a Kabane with a fucking pipe

What was the point of jet bullets and heart coated edged weapons?
>>
>>142699297
Not everyone has super spicy strength, anon
>>
Posted in the other thread.
The novel came out yesterday. It's about the events that took place 2 years before the series' start. Kurusu's father served Biba. Kurusu's parents were killed by kabane.
>>
>>142699413
Is it any good?
>>
>>142699471
2ch seems to like it.
>>
>>142699403

Not the point, it was shown earlier that katanas and normal rifles have little effect. Hell the betas katana broke trying to pierce a heart.
>>
Kajika is onee-san confirmed.
Oh boy. Does that mean that we're going to get Kajika dying as well?
>>
>>142693123
She's literally 12

Cut her some slack
>>
>>142699520
>>142699297
You know Mumei has used less sharp objects to pierce Kabanes before this episode, right? And you do know that Katanas and their regular guns also work well in most cases of facing Kabane, right? You do know Kurusu's katana broke trying to kill a Kabane that's far stronger than usual, right? It's like you aren't even paying attention. Hope you are b8ing.
>>
I don't know if I am reading this right. But it seems that they're taking a gamble on Ikoma's virus being stable enough to create more kabaneri.
>>
>resident evil zombies
>>
>current year of our lord
>he still watches attack on kabaneri
>>
This whole "kabane can't be killed without their heart cage being pierced" thing turned out to be much less of a plot point than I had expected. I thought that the Kabane would have otherwise been nigh invulnerable without Ikoma and his new gun and the only way the survive was to run. The series got boring when the kabane were shown to be able to be killed by regular means (which completely goes against what was established earlier in the series). The threat was diminished and subsequently the tension.
>>
>>142700959
I HAVE THIS NEW REVOLUTIONARY WEAPON WE NEED TO MASS PRODUCE GUYS

And then it turns out they have mortars and gatling guns now don't get me wrong the fact that they had those types of locomotives make sense that this other technology would exist-
>>
>>142694888
Because Kabanes are too mindless.
>>
>>142701224

In the context of how short this show is they could have gotten away with it.
>>
>>142700959
If the weapons would've been super revolutionary you would've complained "omg why is Ikoma made to look like a god genius?"

No it's perfectly fine the way it is where Ikoma made things that were for their situation more efficient. It makes sense in the context of the survival story the show is about.
>>
>>142701325
How many anime have this kind of enemies/opponents?
>>
>>142700959
They still shot them to heart. Its just last few eps the fighting is done by well equipped anti Kabane kill squad, so it seems easy. Of course, some big explosion can tear them apart, but that would kill just about anything so it counts.
>>
File: MBV-2.jpg (385KB, 2000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
MBV-2.jpg
385KB, 2000x1383px
They should make armored trains that run on bodies of Kabane
>>
>>142701100

Only the elites have those weapons. Being a pleb, Ikoma's weapon is probably cheaper to mass produce. Hell, that one guy that Ayame gave that jet rifle gift looked like he shat his pants when he found out he was getting one. Tech is for the rich
>>
>>142702336
Which guy are you talking about, the one she sold the plans to?
>>
>>142702405

That guy in the slice of life episode
>>
>>142702453
Post a screen.
>>
>>142685158
Was anyone meant to believe that he was right in anyway?
>>
>>142685158
It was just bad. Biba is a terrible antagonist and just an all-round retarded character.
>>
>>142702460
After she got done stuffing her face with snacks
>>
>>142693123
finally someone said it
>>
Someone should really tell Biba that there will be no citizens to liberate if you kill them all.
>>
>>142703153
he gives no fucks.
>>
>>142685815
Sniff her sweaty armpits.
>>
So Biba and crew are creating an army where only the strong survive and fight for their lives or are willing to fight to survive

He wants a world of kabenaris and a place where there are no weaklings

I guess that's his vision since he really hates cowards
>>
>>142703600
Nah. Biba is just a giant edgelord who kills members of his army just as much as he kills others.
>>
Its probably more than a little petty of me but her despair was delicious. Hopefully this means they aren't dragging out her indecision to change sides.
>>
>>142704170
They have 3 episodes left. What is there to drag?
>>
>>142704309
Well they could have had her stick to Bibi up to the last minute and just before Ikoma gets killed she intervenes. Then credits roll.
>>
>>142704309
They can insert an episode of Mumei angsting and the people redoing the whole blame game on her again.
>>
Doesn't Horobi mean destruction or some shit?
>>
>>142704869
It means ruin
>>
>>142704170
>Hopefully this means they aren't dragging out her indecision to change sides.
Apparently next episode will have Biba backstory time explaining his bullshit. Possible but not very likely Mumei will choose not to help him from here on out even if he tries to reason with her.
>>
>>142703153
He's only killing the ones under the shogun— Actually, what the hell is his end game if he does liberate everyone?
>>
>>142705031
Oh fuck you too Okouchi
>>
>>142705289
isnt pretty much everyone under the shoguns care?but no matter what his reasons are its still fucking retarded attacking stations like that.

how the fuck is is this fag hailed as a hero and the liberator when he just lets the Kabane have the human fortress's for free.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.