[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1995 anime is better animated than 80% of the shit that came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: ghost.jpg (374KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
374KB, 1000x1500px
>1995 anime is better animated than 80% of the shit that came out the past decade

What went wrong?
>>
You're taste
>>
You got older, more jaded. The world is pretty lame honestly; don't blame yourself too much. Just try to smile more though. Laugh. Appreciate things, new things.
>>
>>142598827
It's a movie you nigger.
>>
>Movie has better animation budget than a TV anime.
Hi, /v/.
>>
File: 1445600120999.jpg (86KB, 604x558px) Image search: [Google]
1445600120999.jpg
86KB, 604x558px
>>142598827
>a budgeted film is better animated than a season of anime with 1/8 the budget
>there are still seasonal anime that look better than GITS because of better technology
>can do what GITS accomplished with less money and less time
>>
>>142598827
Simple bias.
You didn't get to see everything that past had to offer, more or less only the finest. At the same time internet made everything from current decade available, the good, the bad and the ugly.
>>
>i started watching anime two weeks ago, saw cowboy bebop and ghost in the shell, then saw a couple of clips of lucky star so all modern anime must be shit!
>>
>use flawed interpretation of data
>come to incorrect conclusion

What else is new in the world?
>>
File: IMG-20160317-WA0005.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160317-WA0005.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>142598944
It's 2016

A TV show should be looking as good or better now.

All this new tech they got now and it's most still looking awful compared to something from 1995?

Also my post includes modern anime movies too.
>>
>>142599039
>Also my post includes modern anime movies too.
Sad to see you are retarded.
>>
>>142599039
>its the current year!

Look at the amount of money behind the stuff you're using as a comparison, as well as the time spent producing it relative to its length, and the staff involved. Increased production quality isn't something that just happens when better technology exists.

Some things never change, and underfunded, rushed tv series looking like garbage compared to movies is one of them.

If you want something to change you should vote with your wallet and buy things you like, the industry can't be blamed for following the money in a direction that doesn't happen to align with your interests.
>>
>>142599039
I don't understand your logic. Budgets are smaller, and animators retire and leave so you always have fresh inexperenced people coming in. If animators were unaging enigmas you'd be right, but the same could be said for literally any "art". It never improves, just changes with the times.
>>
>What is DB Super
>What is Avatar: The Last Air Bender

OP you're a cuck, these are two out of the several thousand that are better animated to your "muh superior taste" shit movies.
>>
they realized they were spending too much money

that's all it is; they see now that they can spend a quarter of what they might have budgeted for a production twenty years back, and make much more money with moeblob merchandising
>>
>>142602277
This. Good animation unfortunately doesn't sell - cute things do.

>>142598877
Amen to that brother.
>>
>>142602277
Does money matter when technology is way more advanced compared to then?
>>
File: Ideon Be Invoked (19).png (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ideon Be Invoked (19).png
3MB, 1440x1080px
>1981 anime is better animated than 80% of the shit that came out the past decade

What went wrong?

>>142599039
You have no idea how anime is being made right?
>>
File: Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer.jpg (991KB, 2327x2980px) Image search: [Google]
Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer.jpg
991KB, 2327x2980px
>>142602600
Technology doesn't fucking matter.
It can make things easier but it doesn't automatically increase quality.
>>
File: JPeconomy1st0.png (16KB, 593x323px) Image search: [Google]
JPeconomy1st0.png
16KB, 593x323px
>>142598827

Japan's GDP is at the same point it was in 1995, with an exploding debt as a bonus. Expecting massive improvement from this industry in terms of innovation and productivity in a declining economic environment is too much to ask.

Also, animating two moeblob creatures having a high pitched and inconsequential conversation while sipping tea around a pink table, doesn't require much key frames.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.