[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I-Is it buffering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 531
Thread images: 68

I-Is it buffering?
>>
>>142398476
I think the VCR broke, gimme a minute
>>
File: 639459-oreimo_2___02__27_.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
639459-oreimo_2___02__27_.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>142398476
Oh fuck, poor Kaworu.
>>
If you weren't waiting on the edge of your seat, you only "watched" NGE.
>>
>>142398551
boi i was waiting outside of my seat
>>
>>142398551
I was on the edge of my seat for maybe 20 seconds. Then I just started wishing it'd hurry the fuck up. There's tension, then there's stalling to fill the time slot.
>>
>_n.jpg
>>
>>142398476
Chrusin' your first crush.
>>
File: tom & jerry rip off.jpg (38KB, 570x606px) Image search: [Google]
tom & jerry rip off.jpg
38KB, 570x606px
>>142398476
>>
>>142398551
I was on my bed
>>
>>142401981
BRAVO ANNO
>>
>>142398476
Wasn't there Beethoven playing in the background?

It's been over a decade since I watched Eva. I really gotta go back sometime.
>>
wtf was that shit, any explanations?
>>
>>142402036
End of the world.
>>
>>142402036
Would you kill your love of your life who also says will kill humanity if you leave him, that easily?
>>
>>142402081
Yes.
>>
>>142398535
>poor kaworu
>literally giving a shit about the worst fucking character
>>
>>142402081
In a heartbeat.
>>
>>142402283
>>142403947
>m-muh humanity

You fucks obviously never got put inside a giant robot.
>>
>>142404019
It's my own life too. Plus get real, Kaworu "the love of his life" ?

The kid is 14, get some fucking perspective you fucking manchild/womanchild.
>>
>>142403925
Kaworu is obviously the best.
>>
>>142404064
He's the only person who'd ever shown Shinji love. If that isn't the love of his life, even if it was at 14, what is bud?
>>
>>142404141
The worst.
>>
>>142404184
Lots of people have shown Shinji love, but apparently you're more autistic than he is for not seeing it.

Kaworu's "love" apparently includes betrayal and threatening to destroy everything Shinji liked and loved.

Basically, Kaworu is irredeemably shit and only fat yaoi glasses can make people miss out on that fact.
>>
>>142404243
No, no one showed the kind of idealistic, "I'll love you no matter what love" that Shinji, as a kid was looking for. Sure plenty of people gave Shinji love and a sense of meaning, but they were also ready to get real and tell him what was what when they needed to.
Kaworu loved Shinji in a way that he was looking for, no matter how shallow it was supposed to be.
>>
>>142402283
>>142403947
You're incapable of loving anyone so that doesn't count
>>
>>142404327
>No, no one showed the kind of idealistic, "I'll love you no matter what love" that Shinji, as a kid was looking for.ยจ
Kaworu didn't either, considering he betrayed him and all. Moreover, that sort of love shouldn't be shown either considering how toxic it is.

Essentially Shinji was down and desperate, that's all there is to it if you want to look at it in a respectful realistic way, and not the doujin fantasy way.
>>
>>142398551
I actually only read it, outside of my room where the seat was in though
>>
>>142404363
I'm more than capable, and have proven so and I am still proving it.

But yes, still, in a heartbeat. I'm sure it'd be harder if I was as mentally wrecked as Shinji was, but in the end, even Shinji knew what was right to do.
>>
>>142398476
>EVA is an overrated shittier show
>Asuka is better than Rei
>Rei is better then Asuka
>>
>>142404409
If you'd kill them "in a heartbeat", you don't love them
>>
its buffering while the gainax crew foraged for copper coins in their respective couches
>>
>>142404184
>Goes to Nerv with the express purpose of furthering Seele's goals and causing Third Impact
>Befriends the only active Eva pilot knowing full well he'll betray him in a day or two
>Forces Shinji to fight him to the death

Fuck Kaworu
>>
>>142404413
Glad we got that out of the way
>>
>>142398476
the best scene to ever come out of a over strained budget
>>
>>142404424
Yes you do.
>>
>>142404409
He didn't have to kill him thought.
>>
File: KAWORU.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
KAWORU.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>
>>142404424
What makes you think that? Grow the fuck up.

>>142404439
This.
>>
>>142404447
>>142404478
lol
>>
>>142404439
If he didn't befriend him, he wouldn't give a chance to humanity.
>>
>>142404461
Yes, he has to. He is presented an ultimatum, either kill or be responsible for the death of mankind, including yourself.

>b-but he didn't have to! they could have done something else I made up!
If you're going to be that kind of disgusting fat yaoiwhale cuck, then here's an eye-opener: Kaworu didn't have to put a gun to the entire world to begin with. If anything, he should have killed himself.
>>
>>142404424
People do it all time in real life, you chubby fujoshi cunt. I'm not saying they're happy about it, but it's a fact of life that you need to work into your fat greasy head.
>>
>>142398551
>on the edge of your seat
>for a character that came out of nowhere, had barely 20 min of presence, made the show gay as fuck and whose death didn't actually matter for the viewer

I fucking swear, Evafags are the biggest faggots on this board.
>>
>>142404538
People kill their wife all the time? Fuck what world have I been living in
>>
>>142404551
I was at the edge of my seat, but I didn't give a single fuck about Kaworu.

It was very exciting that they went down there in the "secret forbidden zone", the descent is really cool.
>>
>>142404583
It's called earth, and domestic violence is relatively common. Murders of passion, jealousy, anger even necessity do happen.

I swear, only sheltered retards who should be put down actually like Kaworu.
>>
File: best boy coming through.png (256KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
best boy coming through.png
256KB, 500x375px
>>142404439
>>142404189
Deal with it, Lilin cucks.
>>
>>142404610
Can't hear you over the sound of the Angels being an eradicated race, topped off with Kaworu's lopped off head.
>>
>>142404609
I guess that train of thought would make sense to someone who uses murderers as the standard for relationships
>>
>>142404520
Yeah right, i'm fujoshit for saying official statement.
>>
File: kawo_690376.jpg (422KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kawo_690376.jpg
422KB, 1024x768px
>>142404628
Joke's on you, Kaworu gets off on it.
>>
>>142404657
I don't use them as any standard much less advocate it, I am upholding the fact that it does happen in real life, and that disproves your bullshit allegation that it doesn't.

Now fuck off back to your /tumblr/ where you can shout TRIGGERED once someone brings some reality to the discussion.
>>
>>142404667
It's a salty Reifag who's buttblasted that Shinji doesn't give a shit about his waifu. Just ignore him.
>>
>>142404667
Fujoshit confirmed.

>>142404684
Hm. He probably does the sick fuck. It's a win-win situation, mankind keeps mutliating his ass and murdering him, and he gets his sick pleasure.
>>
>>142404729
>>142404667
FUJOSHIT DEFENSE BRIGADE: ACTIVATED
>>
>>142404502
If he didn't befriend him, Shinji wouldn't have been so hesitant to kill him in the first place.

Kaworu didn't give humanity anything. He realized he was duped into thinking Lilith was Adam, and by the time he realized the deception, he was pinned between Rei and Unit 01.
>>
>>142404699
Why does the fact that it happens in real life mean anything in this conversation? I'm talking about love, you're talking about sociopaths who kill over petty reasons
You also mention crimes of passion and jealousy, which aren't comitted "in a heartbeat", those usually involve great distress and an impaired judgement
Basically you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>142404667
>no argument
>shitty english

Kaworufags, not even once. Face the facts, Shinji had to kill the retard Angel boy-slave because said retard Angel boy-slave never gave Shinji any other real choice.
>>
File: ANGELS.jpg (85KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
ANGELS.jpg
85KB, 500x538px
>>142404735
And that's why he's best boy. He's the only one who got what he wanted.
Shinji's heart was just a consolation prize, he didn't even have to work for that though.
>>
>>142404766
He had an obligation to kill humanity, did you even wached the show?
>>
>>142404766
He told Rei what she really was because apparently the dumb bitch was too stupid to figure it out on her own.
>>
>>142404793
>Why does the fact that it happens in real life mean anything in this conversation? I'm talking about love, you're talking about sociopaths who kill over petty reasons

I'm talking about people who love each other, who for various reasons mentioned earlier, do in fact murder the other.

Yes, it happens in a heartbeat. Please understand, even though your comprehension is probably fairly low, that "in a heartbeat" is a metaphorical statement and not a literal statement - it doesn't happen in a single second. It gets decided and done.

Yes, they do some times involve great distress and impaired judgement. Think about that for a sec: "great distress and impaired judgement". Sounds familiar to any 14 year old fictional cartoon character you know of? Thought so.

No, these people aren't sociopaths, although that group of people isn't excluded either for being sociopaths.

Basically, you are fucking retarded and mad that your silly gay fantasy doesn't work out the way you think it does. The adult thing here is to grow up and accept it.
>>
>>142404502
If humanity hadn't literally resurrected him, sent him to the place where he could do anything of use to himself and instructed him in how to do it, Kaworu wouldn't have done shit much less even existed.

Kaworu is garbage when viewed from human standards, and it really shows on the fans: >>142404876
when they get bitter and asshurt about the facts like that.

Kaworu and Kaworufans are really the worst.
>>
>>142404876
Rei's entire character is being told what to do, though.
>>
File: Indifference to Rei Intensifies.jpg (83KB, 650x464px) Image search: [Google]
Indifference to Rei Intensifies.jpg
83KB, 650x464px
>>142404933
Your tears are delicious.
>>
>>142404793
Lovers do kill each other and do destructive things to each other, both unintentionally or intentionally for various reasons. Is your only experience with life vanilla hentai doujins and gay fanfics or something?

You can love someone and treat them poorly, or in some cases, even kill them. Intentionally in the heat of the moment, because it's necessary (or they want to, consider euthanasia), or by accident.

Basically, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you. It's like your brain doesn't function. Every person above 18 should have absorbed enough information by osmosis and experience alone to acknowledge this as a fact of life. Either you're criminally underaged, or fully retarded.
>>
>>142404884
"in a heartbeat" would mean that you don't even have to put thought into your decision, and would never reconsider it. Shinji didn't make the decision to kill Kaworu in a heartbeat and I never implied he did
You on the other hand claim that you would kill a person you love in a heartbeat, which makes it pretty obvious that you never loved anyone
>>
>>142404942
>>142404876
All the characters get "told what to do", but only Rei manages to get out of the cycle IIRC. Even Kaworu there is just regurgitating what SEELE told him. But unlike Rei, he never puts any thought into what they said to him, and so he gets stuck holding the bag, even dying rather pointlessly by the end.
>>
>>142405014
You're intentionally ignoring everything I said and arguing against something completely unrelated
>>
>>142404409
You would, but certainly not in a fucking heartbeat. Stop trying to kid us and yourself. It's easy to say you'd do the right thing while sitting behind your screen but if you actually were in that situation, even if you did it, you would do it after a long time of inner struggle.
>>
>>142405086
It's a buttblasted waifufag, stop wasting your time responding to him.
>>
>>142405049
>"in a heartbeat" would mean that you don't even have to put thought into your decision, and would never reconsider it.
Wow, great job making up a definition for a wording you didn't use yourself - shows how weak your argument is. Especially the last part, you have no shame. Disregarding that entirely.

That said, the quickness and determination is key, and that holds true. I would, but nothing there implies I would be happy to do so. I'm also quite obviously, not Shinji.

So congratualations, you've proved that you're autistic. What other disability will you demonstrate for us today I wonder?

>You on the other hand claim that you would kill a person you love in a heartbeat, which makes it pretty obvious that you never loved anyone
Saying that shows that you never have. No, your fictional characters don't count.
>>
>>142405059
Rei is the only one who DOESN'T get out of the cycle.
Even in her last moments, her actions are entirely because Shinji told her to. Even in the end, she's just the puppet of another Ikari.
>>
>>142405129
>nothing there implies I would be happy to do so
>"in a heartbeat"
You should look up what expressions are used for before using them yourself
"I would kill someone in heartbeat" definitely does not imply feeling sadness or regret over it
>>
>>142405086
>>142405106
Except that's you, not me. I said what I said, and since the start I was right in saying it. Since you're a manchild/womanchild and can't deal with being put in your place, you get butthurt.

You're confused because what you said was never right in the first place. Grow up, think back on it and you'll see I'm right. I mean, did you even think this blatant lie of an accusation here: >>142404657
isn't putting words in my mouth that I never said?

There's one fact here that you need to accept: People who love each other can, and do in fact, kill each other. It's a fact of life.

It conflicts with your pathetic and idealistic conception of life, but that's your problem. You need to change.
>>
>>142405155
She does it out of her own volition, though, because Shinji saw a tiny bit more in her than a clone of his mother that is to be used like a tool. Who knows how he had reacted had he known, but he considered her fully human, which left an impression on her. It's not a manipulative kind of relationship.
>>
>>142405129
You just responded to an idiot with one of the most autistic posts I've seen in a while. Well done.
>>
>>142405189
It does not imply anything about happiness at all, only about swiftness.

See how bad you are at this? Basically you're going full autism and semantics because you can't accept being wrong. You'll always be wrong because you're dumb. Get over it.
>>
>>142405243
>It does not imply anything about happiness at all, only about swiftness
No it does not. You seem incapable of grapsing very simple connotations associated with common expressions
>>
>>142405217
>She does it out of her own volition
Yes, it is her own volition to be a doll rather than a being capable of making her own decisions.
So much for "mother of humanity".
>>
>>142405155
Shinji didn't tell her anything, or communicate anything for her to do. It is Rei's initiative, something even included as a factual statement on the booklet accompanying the movie it happens in.

Tell me, how butthurt are you that you start lashing out at other characters with lies because you misunderstood Kaworu and now you have to deal with who he really is? Whos' next, Misato? Asuka? Shinji?

>>142405189
You should look up what expressions are used for before using them yourself. Last I checked, "in a heartbeat" only means that you'll do something quickly. Basically, if the world is at stake, if your loved one will die regardless, and your loved one is telling you to do it, you'd both know what was right.

Hypothetically, people are different, and the guy was earlier was asking what they thought others would do, so I don't get why he/she/it is butthurt about getting answers that conflict with what he/she/it thought.
>>
>>142405239
How else do you teach these idiots to not be idiots then? I just don't get how you can be so goddamned stupid. Is it a Kaworu fan thing to be lesser than your peers, intellectually speaking?
>>
>>142405204
I never argued anywhere that killing your wife isn't a fact of life. Someone argued not only that it was very common, but that it would be a simple decision that could taken very quickly.
That's obviously wrong, and as such I was compelled to argue against said retard. I'll stop now though, since it obviously isn't going anywhere
>>
>>142405309
>Shinji didn't tell her anything, or communicate anything for her to do.
He told her to let everyone be destroyed, she did, and then he told her to let everyone be able to come back, she did.
She did whatever he told her, not what she personally felt.
She obviously doesn't feel very much if she killed all of humanity just for the wishes of her new Ikari master.

Also funny you bring up Misato and Shinji, because they are probably the only two characters who actually did get out of the cycle.
>>
>>142405301
She did make her own decisions, what exactly are you on about?

>>142405281
>No it does not. You seem incapable of grapsing very simple connotations associated with common expressions
Choice rebuttal there.

I'm on the right side of the dictionary and common usage of the word here. You can off yourself if you disagree, because I nor anyone else will listen.
>>
>>142405301
No, it's her own volition to let Shinji decide what will happen because she values him more than Gendo. It's still a servile course of action, but far less so than doing what Gendo wanted her to do.
>>
>>142405348
>I never argued anywhere
Yeah right. I read the earlier posts. The blatant dismissal, denial and irrelevant rebuttals. All still there. Several people disagreed with you, and you just couldn't deal.

If I or the others only argued that "hey, dude, it actually can happen", then you should have shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>142405377
She lets Shinji decide because she's apparently too incompetent to decide for herself.
Just like when she told Asuka she'd jump off a bridge if Gendo told her to.
>>
>>142405419
You're really dumb
>>
>>142405372
>I'm on the right side of the dictionary and common usage of the word here

"I'd kill him in a heartbeat" = "I'd kill him but actually I'd feel really sad over it and regret the decision"
Good luck finding someone agreeing with you on this one
>>
>>142405371
You're getting it all wrong, since Rei is the one who is reaching out to Shinji. She's taking his wishes into consideration, and it's directly disproving that she'll do what she's told since she rejects the hell out of Gendo and others in the series.

It's even on the back of the booklet of EoE that it's of her own free will. Probably to shut up fanwankers like you, I guess.

Tell me, how butthurt are you that you start lashing out at other characters with lies because you misunderstood Kaworu and now you have to deal with who he really is? Whos' next, Misato? Asuka? Shinji? I'm sure you can make up some nonsense about that as well.
>>
>>142405487
I'm pretty sure the dictionary does.
>>
>>142405524
Not sure which dictionary you're reading
>>
>>142405487
>>142405420
Are you an idiot or what? "In a heartbeat" means you'll do something quickly.

Holy fuck Kaworufags are fucking disgusting. It's like you can't stand Kaworu or Evangelion. Look at how much hate you're bringing to the thread.
>>
>>142405502
>it's her own free will
Yes, her own free will to blindly follow the orders of the new Ikari.
She can't make the decision herself so she let's Shinji make it, despite being the apparent Mother of Humanity.
What a great role model.

I think I'll stick with someone like Misato who actually breaks free from the mold and acts on her own feelings and thoughts.
>>
>>142405487
Checking google tells me what everyone knows, that you'd do something quickly. If you've already established that there's no other way, and even your partner agrees, then yeah, it's plausible that one would do it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>142405377
It's also her own volition to jump off a bridge if Gendo told her to.
If you can't handle that, you can't handle Rei. Sorry, waifufag.
>>
>>142405559
>"In a heartbeat" means you'll do something quickly
What is context
In the context of something like killing your loved ones or your parents, saying "in a heartbeat" has certain connotations that a child could figure out. You could just admit you had a poor choice of words instead of autistically debating something that doesn't call for debate
>>
>>142405568
>Yes, her own free will to blindly follow the orders of the new Ikari.
Doesn't even make sense. The "new ikari", is this some sort of title you made up? Blindly following orders? Watch the series, Rei put serious amount of thought into it.

Rei already made the decision to return to Lilith and all that jazz herself.

>hurrdurr what a great role model

Are you fucking retarded or what? What does that even have to do anything? Why would Rei be a great role model, why is anyone in EVA a role model for anything but psychological issues anyway?

Sticking with Misato, why the fuck do you need to stick with anyone at all? These are fictional characters.

Get help Anon, go see a psychiatrist right now.
>>
File: 1345310831096.png (176KB, 376x474px) Image search: [Google]
1345310831096.png
176KB, 376x474px
>>142405524
Pretty sure dictionaries don't define idioms. or hyperbole whatever that was. In a heartbeat means you do something in the space of one heartbeat.
Have you been getting it wrong this entire time? If you're native English then that's actually hilarious. You're a diamond dozen.
>>
>>142404538
Give me an example in real life where someone voluntarily murders his own wife but loves them.
If you kill someone out of jealousy or anger, you don't genuinely love them.
>>
>>142405617
Applying any sort of context doesn't change anything here. Even a child could figure that out. It means you'd make the decision quickly.

You are being so fucking autistic right now anon that I worry for you. You're literally rejecting reality and what people are telling you that they meant, and inventing your own because you cant' deal with being wrong.

This isn't a debate. It was literally three words, quoted here:
>In a heartbeat.

and you're going crazy about it. You even got explained that there was no strings of meaning using happiness attached to it, which there isn't at all anyway, and you're still trying to rewrite reality because you're that deluded.
>>
>>142405680
>Pretty sure dictionaries don't define idioms

Really? Is it a requirement to never have opened a dictionary to be a Kaworufag?
>>
>>142405650
>Rei put serious amount of thought into it
Really? Because it seems to me Rei switched from Gendo to Shinji in a heartbeat.
Literally just the next person who was nice to her. Yes, she's that shallow.

>Rei already made the decision to return to Lilith and all that jazz herself.
Yes, and the next step in her master plan was to use that god-like power to be a puppet to a human boy. Genius.

Rei didn't break free from the cycle. Someone like Misato did.
>>
>>142405717
I'm not the one going crazy here, you're the one jumping through hoops and getting increasingly abrasive because you can't understand that when using language, context is important
>>
>>142405680
>>142405557
Let me guess, both of you failed english class?
>>
>>142405745
>>142405785
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/in-a-heartbeat
>>
>>142405717
>context means nothing
Found the autist.
>>
>>142405686
>If you kill someone out of jealousy or anger, you don't genuinely love them.

Really?

>>142405783
Yes you are. You are inserting a context that doesn't exist to make up for your failed argument. You're obviously crazy.
>>
>>142405763
I'm not even an Evafag, but even I know you're wrong.
Best part is you're going ballistic over it in this thread.
>>
>>142405821
Really.
>>
You niggers are replying to someone who thinks shinji going "ok" and snapping kaworu's neck in a jiffie would have improved the scene.
Think before you post.
>>
>>142405821
>a context that doesn't exist
Post 1 : "Would you kill your love of your life who also says will kill humanity if you leave him, that easily?"
Post 2 : "In a heartbeat."

Here's the context. The first post uses broken english but should still be easy to understand
>>
>>142405779
>Really? Because it seems to me Rei switched from Gendo to Shinji in a heartbeat.
So, the entire 24-26 episode beforehand is a heartbeat? The development, the gradual change of opinion, the brooding moments where Rei thinks about her relationships months beforehand qualify as "a heartbeat" to you?

>Yes, and the next step in her master plan was to use that god-like power to be a puppet to a human boy. Genius.
Shinji was in a more-than-human position at the moment, and the third impact had already happened, Rei gives Shinji a way to rematerialize.

Rei herself isn't quite happy with life and is more happy as Lilith apparently, consciously and unconsciously wishing to return to that state.

Did you even watch evangelion?

>>142405812
>zero reading comprehension
Found the autist retard.
>>
>>142405821
The context always exists.
The phrase "in a heartbeat" implies that you'd do something without thinking, instinctively.
To say you would kill someone in a heartbeat definitely implies you don't give a shit about them if their life means that little to you.
>>
>>142405891
From that context, and the second post, there's nothing saying he'd be happy about it. There's even several posts after saying he wouldn't be.

Are you autist.
>>
"in a heartbeat" in British English
See all translations
in a heartbeat
โ€บ very quickly, without needing to think about it: I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
>without needing to think about it
>>
>>142405914
>>142405812
Excuse me, but are you just dumb or something?

As far as I can tell this isn't an argument about whether or not the context exists. It's an argument about whether or not the context applies in a way that would make any difference.

Which from >>142405891
we can clearly see, it does not.
>>
File: reiburger.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
reiburger.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>142405885
It's just the same butthurt Reifag who is mad at Kaworu's very existence.
I've learned to just stop giving it attention.
>>
What I learned from this thread:

Kaworu fans have less than 70 in IQ.
>>
>>142405952
So you would kill the love of your life in a heartbeat. At least you admitted it, sociopath-kun
>>
>>142405842
>>142405878
Pretty sure the fujoshit who's butthurt that someone would do it in a heartbeat is the one going ballistic.
>>
>>142405921
Why are you now pretending your posts aren't your own?
>>
>>142405991
Given the aforementioned context, yeah. Context applies, remember?

Because

>Your lover will die anyway
>Your lover is threatening to not just kill her/himself, but you as well, plus everything else you've ever loved

The choice is easy to make. Hence, in a heartbeat.
>>
Kaworu seems to make some retards unreasonably angry
I like him now
>>
>>142405991
Doesn't really make it a sociopathic thing. If your lover is trying to kill you (and a lot of other people), then it's self defense. Besides, that's what he said in the start.

Before this: >>142405980
insane Kaworufag got butthurt about it.
>>
>>142406009
I think you're the only fujoshit here, honestly.
>>
>>142398535
It's OK anon. Life and death hold equal meaning for best girl
>>
>>142402081
Yes. Humanity can go suck a bag of dicks.
>>
File: space kaworu.jpg (20KB, 579x405px) Image search: [Google]
space kaworu.jpg
20KB, 579x405px
>Life and death are of equal value to me
>I don't mind either way
>>
>>142406030
That's not how empathy works
you can perfectly understand that the one you love "should" die if you want to protect a greater good, on an intellectual level, but that does nothing to alleviate the pain it would cause you. It's not a decision that could possibly be taken without thinking about it, unless of course you never had feelings for them
>>
>>142405914
I don't see anything in what you wrote or any of the definitions posted that says anything about happiness in doing so. It's safe to lay it dead that the Kaworufag moron was wrong in implying that.

That said, let's apply the context. I don't see any problem here either, the context being murder of everyone vs just the murder of your lover. "In a heartbeat" is the only right answer as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>142404243
He literally commited soduku for Shinji. His AT field was the strongest of all the angels, he was in NERV headquarters and could control the Evas. Shinji stood zero chance.
>>
>>142406057
See that's the problem, you're rationilizing the act as "self defense" or "justified" when really that doesn't enter the equation when you're in love with someone. They could be the most evil fucker in existence, you still love them
>>
>>142406104
Who says it won't cause pain? Didn't the Kaworufag who tried that nonsense get BTFO earlier?
>>
>>142406125
>I don't see anything in what you wrote or any of the definitions posted that says anything about happiness in doing so
Except that's not the point. The point is that you didn't have to think about it. If you feel the slightest bit of sadness about it, you're not going to do it in a heartbeat
>>
>>142406183
It wouldn't cause you pain if you didn't have to think about it, retard
>>
>>142406104
What is your point exactly? Because it's been established many times over that "pain" isn't up for debate here. It's mutually acknowledged that it'd be painful.

Given the situation, it's already established that there's no other way. So it would be done in a heartbeat.

>>142406141
Rei's was the strongest according to ep 24.
>>
Reifag autist getting rekt in this thread
>>
>>142406141
Kaworu was being suppressed by Rei and possibly could have been overpowered by Unit-01 if the situation got dire enough. He still gave up but he wasn't in control by the end.
>>
>>142406146
Self defense and justification is the strongest motivations man might have. They literally can't be removed from the equation.
>>
>>142406224
>It's mutually acknowledged that it'd be painful
>So it would be done in a heartbeat
Sorry, come again?
>>
>>142406240
>Kaworu was being suppressed by Rei
Fanwank. No where in the episode does it imply this you dumb waifufag.

Kaworu had the strongest AT Field and would make Unit 01 mincemeat if he was actually serious. But he wasn't during that entire fight.
>>
>>142406250
Justification is an intellectual process. Love is entirely emotional. The two do not operate on the same level
>>
>>142406146
I think the problem here is that you're attempting to remove human instincts from the equation just because your argument doesn't work. Self-preservation is an extremely strong instinct. I'm not saying the instinct for love is weak, but I'm saying that people are liable to kill their husbands, wives or lovers in self-defense if they're threatened. The US alone has plenty of such cases. It doesn't just happen in movies, you know - it's even written into the law that murders of passion should be treated differently.

All of these things happen in a heartbeat. Because the situation was dire, and there was no other choice. There was imminent death.
>>
>>142406282
Okay, judging by the greentext it seems that you seem to think those two are somehow mutually exclusive. Care to rethink that?

Sometimes you need to act fast, and some people do act fast. They act brashly, instinctively - yes, in a heartbeat. Not always with the best of consequences for themselves, mind you.
>>
>>142406224
>Rei's was the strongest

From the script
>Another A.T. Field similar to the previous one generated around the terminal dogma.
>>
>>142406311
The instinctual need to protect oneself and the community operates on a lower level than love. Instincts process faster and are hardwired from birth. The need to protect yourself, the need to protect some fellowship if applicable - you don't get away from that.

The justification is biological programmed into you for good reason, without it you wouldn't be here getting wrecked in an online argument because you can't deal with the fact that Kaworu is garbage.
>>
>/a/: Heartbeats
>>
File: 69966990780.jpg (25KB, 444x544px) Image search: [Google]
69966990780.jpg
25KB, 444x544px
>>142406125
Do you just call everyone you don't like Kaworufags?
I don't have to care about the guy to know you're being retarded right now.
>>
>>142406398
From the screen: "STRONGEST AT FIELD DETECTED".

Then Rei of course, proceeds to break through Kaworu's.

>>142406311
That's a fair point, but I think the need to defend yourself applies even quicker. It's how humans and by the way, basically all other animals are put together.
>>
>>142406361
In that context Shinji isnt being threatened with imminent death by Kaworu. In fact during the long pause, Kaworu is entirely at his mercy. This is why he is conflicted, and why the scene works
>>
>>142406437
In my experience, Kaworufags are retarded, and if someone acts retarded while half-defending Kaworu, I put one and one together.
>>
>>142406449
>From the screen: "STRONGEST AT FIELD DETECTED"
Yes. The exact same screencap when Kaworu's AT Field was detected.
Kaworu and Rei's are both the strongest AT Fields detected of equal strength, this is something even stated in external materials.

And Rei never breaks through Kaworu's, you fanwanking waifufag. Maya even says that it disappears a second after it was detected.
>>
>>142406451
>In that context Shinji isnt being threatened with imminent death by Kaworu. In fact during the long pause, Kaworu is entirely at his mercy. This is why he is conflicted, and why the scene works

He was, as Kaworu himself informs him of what'll happen. Shinji knows of the danger of an Angel doing their thing down there, everyone is afraid of it.

Shinji has no way of knowing when Kaworu will pull the trigger, only that it will happen unless he acts. The exact same as a person pointing a gun at another person - you don't know that they will pull the trigger, or that they even will, but as long as the chance exists, it's not safe and you are in fact under imminent threat.

adjective
likely to occur at any moment; impending:
Her death is imminent.
projecting or leaning forward; overhanging.

This is why one shoots before the other guy shoots. This mode of thinking is why you're here today, by the way.
>>
>>142406405
There's no real community here for Shinji, the entire point is that he feels completely isolated. Kaworu is his basically his entire community. The need to protect oneself can be bypassed, otherwise how do you explain people dying for others, or for their ideals?
You're incredibly angry about being called out for a poor choice of words and are flailing around to save face from the beginning
>>
>>142406472
You're the only one in this thread acting retarded, so perhaps you're the Kaworufag.

You keep constantly bringing him up in every one of your posts despite him no longer being a relevant subject in the conversation.
>>
>>142406504
>Yes. The exact same screencap when Kaworu's AT Field was detected.
Only Rei's.

>And Rei never breaks through Kaworu's, you fanwanking waifufag. Maya even says that it disappears a second after it was detected.
She does, you butthurt husbandofag. Watch the episode again. It is said that it enters the other, and then disappears beyond the AT-field, since they can't monitor what's going inside the "bubble".

Listen to me:

You're a Kaworufag. You know nothing. You don't want to know anything. You only want shallow gratification, and that's what you are.
>>
>>142406514
Kaworu literally can't move when shinji grabs him. That's not being threatened with death directly. He is in a position where he can afford to think. Which is why it takes so long for him to finally crush him.
>>
>>142406304
They literally yell that there's a second powerful AT field followed by a cut to Rei. She's clearly suppressing him.
>>
>>142406548
>You're a Kaworufag. You know nothing. You don't want to know anything. You only want shallow gratification, and that's what you are
Imagine the kind of person writing sentences like this with a straight face
>>
>>142406515
No, you're angry anon. The choice of words wasn't poor. Every citation so far has given me the right. Every lie you've told so far has been proven to be a lie, and you have no credibility left. Even if the choice of words was poor, the fact that it was pointed out afterwards in more detail makes you look autistic and ass-angry because you won't accept the de facto answer and explanation because you just want to quarrel.

Shinji is in danger, so is mankind, and for the record, we weren't asking Shinji but other people. You're confused and destroyed. Take a break.
>>
>>142406548
>the exact same screencap when Kaworu's AT Field was detected.
>Kaworu and Rei's are both the strongest AT Fields detected of equal strength, this is something even stated in external materials.

>It is said that it enters the other
It is said that another At Field appears and then disappears. Nothing on it suppressing or breaking another one you dumb fanwanker.
>>
>>142406561
It's a direct threat of death beacuse of Kaworu's earlier belligerent actions, coupled with the fact that he outright states what he will do should he be released. This isn't up for debate.

Shinji's decision to act or to not act is what everything rides on in this moment.
>>
>>142406574
She's clearly not if they're both stated to be of equal power.
>>
>>142406620
I didn't say "suppressing it", the other anon did. It does however state that it is entering the other.

>>142406591
It sounds extreme but it's true. That is what Kaworufags are. It's also why they are impossible to hold an adult, rational discussion with.
>>
>>142406603
>Every citation so far has given me the right
Like when you claimed "in a heartbeat" only means that it would be done quickly, with no other connotations?
Your entire post except for this is just autistic rage so I wont bother addressing it
>>
>>142398476
P-sure I was more immersed in the music than the scene desu, what they get for using the 9th to both pad and "DEEPEN" their show
>>
>>142406637
>should he be released
That's the key part here. As long as Shinji has him restrained he's not in immediate danger. Which is why he doesn't, and can't, kill him immediately
>>
>>142406673
Like that time. With the context from the show, in a heartbeat.

It's the other way around, where you AKA the Kaworufag tried to imply that it had something to do with happiness and pleasure to do so. You even continued to quarrel even if it was said that it wasn't the case. You constructed strawman after strawman, and got them all tore down.

From this point on, I only accept your apology.
>>
>>142406669
The other anon is you. You flip flop and backtrack on things in a heartbeat.

Regardless, what I say remains true.

You on the other hand are being called out on your retarded and autistic rampage this entire thread.
>>
>>142404468
desu someone should make a RING RING edit of this gif with shinji and kaworu
>>
>>142406727
Does it need to be posted again?

"in a heartbeat" in British English
See all translations
in a heartbeat
โ€บ very quickly, without needing to think about it: I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
>without needing to think about it
>>
>>142406713
Considering that Shinji was unable to hurt Kaworu with his progressive knife when he tried, it's safe to say that Kaworu is merely standing down and could act if he wanted. Moreover, he is in immediate danger because the danger is right in front of him, contemplating to kill him. This is immediate danger, even if the whole scene lasts a minute. A minute is not that long of a time when it comes to deciding the fate of all mankind.
>>
>>142406770
No, it's safe to assume that Kaworu can't act anymore from Shinji's point of view. He's literally holding him with a giant robot hand
>>
>>142406757
I should request that in the draw thread
>>
>>142406770
Kaworu lets himself be caught with his own free will.
It's obvious that he's letting Shinji make the decision, therefore Shinji at least has some time to think.
>>
File: 9th symphony 4th movement.png (3MB, 437x10000px) Image search: [Google]
9th symphony 4th movement.png
3MB, 437x10000px
>>142398476
>>
>>142406935
I got goosebumps
>>
>>142406918
So getting caught was part of his plan all along?
>>
File: 1434051591700.png (158KB, 454x404px) Image search: [Google]
1434051591700.png
158KB, 454x404px
>>142406669
Sounds more like a good descriptor for you, if this thread is of any indication.
>>
File: tr504.jpg (121KB, 793x960px) Image search: [Google]
tr504.jpg
121KB, 793x960px
>>142406973
Kaworu's plan is whatever he's feeling at the current moment.
>>
>>142398551
I was, but that was literally the only good part in the entirely of NGE. Even scenes like unit 01 going berserk and Asuka's mindbreak just felt empty, as it felt like the show was trying to repetitively over explain the psychology of characters that really don't have that much depth.
>>
>>142407618
>Unit-01 going berserk
>psychology
Nigga those scenes were literally just Shinji/Unit-01 beating the shit out of an angel.
>>
>>142404551
The tension wasn't about kawaru you fucking retard
>>
>>142407046
I'd smoke weed with him, no homo.
>>
>>142408195
And there's psychology in that because the early implication is that berserks come from pilot instability and Shinji is established quickly as angrier than he lets on.
>>
>>142404551
I was on the edge of my seat for Shinji you fuckface.
If you couldn't empathize with him by that point in the show you are literally autistic.
>>
>>142410695
Even his name means anger
>>
>>142410805
That's a different Kanji.
>>
>>142405602
Sorry for the late reply, I had to go.
No, I'm not a waifufag and the only remotely good girl in Evangelion is Misato. Since you are such a special kind of retarded, I will lay it down for you again.

Scenario 1: Rei does what Gendo tells her to. The active agent is Gendo, the recipient is Rei.

Scenario 2: Rei lets Shinji choose the fate of the world. The active agent is Rei, the initial recipient is Shinji.

Again, it is still a very servile thing to do, but she is doing it out of her own free will instead of just carrying out orders.
>>
>>142404551
Kaworu plays a very minor role for the viewer. I was on the edge of my seat because they were getting to the very core of Nerv, and because of Shinji having to make a very tough decision that I'm surprised he went through with.
>>
>>142411805
She did both out of her own free will, you retard.

If Gendo tells her to go fetch the paper for him and she does it, she's following orders of her own free will.
If Shinji tells her to let him out of Instrumentality and she does it, she's still following orders of her own free will.
>>
>>142411988
What part about the difference between her passive role as a tool for Gendo and her active role in presenting Shinji with a choice didn't you get?
>>
File: cal chuchesta.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
cal chuchesta.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>142411805
>>142411988
>putting this much thought into moeshit mecha
>>
>>142412040
They are both passive roles, because at the end of the day she's just doing what people tell her without putting much thought into it herself.
It's her own free will to be a puppet.
>>
>>142412084
Although Rei's arc may be poorly written cliche drivel, the rest of Eva is actually rather good.
>>
File: COx7Wp1VAAAGQ1D.jpg (99KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
COx7Wp1VAAAGQ1D.jpg
99KB, 1024x576px
>>142404551
Kaworu is just a place holder for the one you love the most in your life.
Substitute him for your mother, best friend, lover, or something and then see how Shinji feels when he's told to kill him.
>>
>>142412126
I think her decision to let Shinji choose had a bit more thought behind it than doing what Gendo told her to. Also, I should have communicated this better, she isn't suddenly acting completely out of character, she still very much has that Rei-typical puppet air about her, it's just that the nuances differ. It's kind of a shame that Rei, being so important to the key elements of Evangelion, got only very little and only very poor character development.
>>
>>142406548
They said that Kaworu's was the strongest field they've ever seen but don't show it on a screen. They say Rei's is similar.
>>
>>142412317
You think so?
She chooses to follow Gendo because he's the nicest person in her life at the moment.
She chooses to ditch him for Shinji when he becomes the new nicest person in her life at the moment.

She doesn't know either of them fairly well, fuck she's only had like 5 actual conversations with the latter, but on the mere fact that this one person was nice to her out of everyone else who treats her with indifference she'll do everything and anything they say.
Of her free will, yes, but not giving much thought to it.

If she had gotten close to literally any other character besides Gendo or Shinji, she would have just chosen them to decide for humanity instead.
>>
>>142412482
You do raise a good point. Fair enough, I'll concede. And you also reminded me that I should rewatch Evangelion, it's been a few years.
>>
File: Best Girl (2).png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl (2).png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>142412621
It's the perfect time to do so, the Blu-Ray rips are up on Nyaa.
>>
>>142412743
Splendid, thanks for the heads up!
>>
File: 1464514597856.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1464514597856.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Every thread, until you shave it
>>
File: Gendo lust.png (164KB, 275x298px) Image search: [Google]
Gendo lust.png
164KB, 275x298px
>>142413040
>>
>>142413040
>>142413097
>Clean shave happy Gendo
This is wrong on so many levels
>>
>>142412482
That's a thing, too, Shinji is Rei the 3rd's favorite thing in the world by default but he's treating her like a monster by then. She sounds so disappointed by the inside of his head pre-instrumentality and still gives him the Earth.
>>
>>142413428
It's sad.
I mean, given Rei's upbringing and isolation it was inevitable things would turn out like this, but there couldn't have been two worse people in the world for her to latch on to. Neither of them particularly cared about her. Gendo always only had eyes for Yui, and Shinji would only open his heart to someone like Kaworu.

But despite how much I pity her, at the end of the day I'm just left feeling her character arc was lacking something and not as complete as everyone else's. It didn't really have a moral or point to it because the whole point of the character, Rei's gaining of "individualism" was executed rather rushed and half-assedly.
>>
>>142413133
Clearly it was the beard that was causing him to behave the way he was the entire time. Fucking facial hair man, you can never tell when it's possessed by demons.
>>
>>142413040
This ad makes me uncomfortable
I've jerked off to some fucked up Eva hentai, but this is just severely off-putting
>>
>>142413791
I actually never saw it like that.
Thanks anon, you gave me something to think about it in my next rewatch.
>>
>>142413791
She continued out of faith in a different heart and hands, similar to his early push over icy hostility from disbelief in a disposable girl with nothing else. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>142414875
She continued out of desperation for anyone to treat her with some sort of semblance of value and kindness.
It could have been anyone, even the most disgusting serial killer in the land and as long as he treated her with what no one else would she would give him everything in return like she did with Gendo and Shinji.
She never put much thought into it.
>>
>>142414637
Kill yourself.
>>
It was better in the manga.
>>
>>142416730
Maybe more funny, but not better.
>>
>>142416801
Watching Kaworu murder that cat was the best thing I'd seen in a while.
>>
File: 0364766767.png (82KB, 295x234px) Image search: [Google]
0364766767.png
82KB, 295x234px
>>142416969
Karl is the funniest thing to ever come out of Evangelion. Too bad he'll never be animated.
>>
>>142413040
>Rei
>Gendo
>Kaji
>Asuka
who the fuck is that on the left? I know we joke about Shinji being best girl, but what the fuck?
>>
>>142417442
Oh, God, no. That's not Shinji. Is Mari, from the new movies.
>>
>>142401981
If you weren't waiting on the edge of your seat, you only "watched" Tom&Jerry.
>>
>>142417511
Oh. I've never seen those. Just watched the show, EoE, read the manga, and played the game.

Why the fuck would they just add a new character?
>>
>>142417570
It was to "break Evangelion" according to the interviews, in other words, to be able to do something new and separate it from the original. Though they didn't really give her really a character/development in the end, so who knows? With three of four movies we still don't know much about her really.
>>
File: 1295906770420.jpg (148KB, 600x778px) Image search: [Google]
1295906770420.jpg
148KB, 600x778px
>>142417570
To sell more toys
>>
>>142417679
I've been putting off watching them until they were all out.

That's really awful, and I feel let down. I'm still going to watch it, since I've pretty much been through the entire rest of the series, but I can't help but feel like this is going to be the worst part.
>>
>>142417809
You did good. After all this waiting I sometimes think it'd have been better to wait until all of them were done. Though I personally am also stuck between wanting to know how's going to end and the disappointment they're in contrast to the original show.
>>
File: 2.jpg (251KB, 1200x1741px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
251KB, 1200x1741px
>>142417809
She was created to address a serious complaint from the fans
>where's my busty eva pilot you gook?
>>
>>142417809
Think about it -- how many fanfics add a Sixth Child? That's exactly what Anno & co. did when doing their fanfilm.
>>
>>142417809
>this is going to be the worst part
Not when Anima, the Transformers crossover and all the other toy/game bullshit exists.
>>
>>142418039
Okay, entire rest of the series might have been a stretch. I just mean the main stuff.

Those do sound awful.

>>142418030
No idea, I don't read fanfics.

>>142418025
No response.

>>142417987
Yeah, I heard about 2.0 a bit when I was last in Japan, I think it was a pretty recent release at the time.
I figured I'd wait, and here we are still waiting on 4.0. I feel like I made the right choice.
>>
>>142413040
Do you think that no one has ever seen this picture before, newfriend?
>>
File: hikari-anima.jpg (1MB, 2647x3511px) Image search: [Google]
hikari-anima.jpg
1MB, 2647x3511px
>>142418039
I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved that we will never get a translation of Anima.
>>
>>142418335
Kaworufags translated the last chapter for obvious reasons, but besides that I don't think we're missing out on much.
>>
>>142418335
You'd think it would be translated by fans asap evangelion being the goat anime and all
>>
>>142401981
Funny fact, anno is a tom and jerry fan. He accidentally listed it in his top 10 anime list.
>>
>>142418288
Does it bother you when it's posted? Does it offend you delicate and sophisticated tastes? Does it insult you highly intellectual sensibilities when pictures are posted on your super serious image board? Does it make you mad?
>>
File: largeanimepaperscansneozv8.jpg (65KB, 576x789px) Image search: [Google]
largeanimepaperscansneozv8.jpg
65KB, 576x789px
>>142418495
When it first came out, the translatorfags who looked at it all complained about the needlessly complicated language being used. The most I've ever seen translated are chapter summaries.
>>
File: 1305236607164.jpg (635KB, 800x4846px) Image search: [Google]
1305236607164.jpg
635KB, 800x4846px
>>142418288
Clearly
>>142417442
hadn't seen it before.
>>
>>142419217
I can here the fucking berserker scream coming from that 01 and I can't stop laughing.
>>
File: 1448143982391.jpg (65KB, 625x688px) Image search: [Google]
1448143982391.jpg
65KB, 625x688px
>>142419217
>ebin shipper /toy/ meme
Sometimes I feel the surest proof that God doesn't exist or is possibly malevolent is the presence of shippers and similar creatures.
>>
File: 1asdfghhjgfds.jpg (106KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1asdfghhjgfds.jpg
106KB, 560x560px
>>142419623
I think it's joke friendo. You know, like, for laughs. Not meant to be taken seriously. That sort of thing.
>>
>>142419696
I was under the impression the aim of a joke is to be funny.
>>
>>142420559
humor is subjective not objective. just because you dont find it funny does not mean it isnt. it just means it might not be.
>>
>>142420703
Well I surely treasure the evaluation of a gaiafag who can't be assed to capitalize their sentences. You've convinced me.
>>
File: Rei a shit.png (150KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shit.png
150KB, 360x274px
Fresh reminder that Rei looks like a toilet seat and Asuka is the best character
>>
>>142420824
No kidding.
>>
Hey, i've been an Eva fag for a month or so. I can't understand why u guys hate kaworu. He's just something more/less (depends on your philosophy) than human. He just doesn't give a shit. That's why he is interested what choices humans do. By loving or hating him You fullfill his desire and reason to exist.
>>
>>142421025
He's just as human as all the other Angels. I understand the plot is something that NGE doesn't really give a shit about but this is an important point.
>>
>>142421025
Edit: To live or die
>>
File: 44067043.gif (2MB, 495x308px) Image search: [Google]
44067043.gif
2MB, 495x308px
>>142421025
Only waifufags hate him because Shinji wanted to bang him instead of their waifu.
>>
File: truth.gif (136KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
truth.gif
136KB, 704x480px
>>142420824
>>
>>142420824
Best character is Shinji.

Best girl is Misato.

I want to say there is no best girl, because that is false. One will be better than the others, even if they're all bad.
>>
>>142410695
The early implication is that berserks are the will of the Eva itself, you know like how the Eva shields Shinji from falling debris in episode 1? And then it turns out that's completely true, because Eva Unit 01 houses the soul of Shinj's mom.
>>
File: Rei.jpg (18KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
Rei.jpg
18KB, 400x540px
>>142421797
the truth is that Rei is shit and looks like a toilet seat, Asuka is the best and you're butthurt about it
>>
Nowadays I would have probably thought that there is something wrong with the playback and ruined the scene. So I guess it was good to watch it on TV?
>>
>>142423373
I don't watch streams, I download so I don't have streaming issues
>>
Asukafags: whiteknights,normies, shitposters, and people who can sympathise with such a flawed character
Reifags: decent people who don't talk and then a few bonafide S-Tier autists who drag entire threads into shit
>>
>>142425065
Misatofags: Nonexistent
>>
>>142425065
>decent people who don't talk
Entirely speculative
>>
>>142398551
Memeing aside, I actually had serious bowel issues during that time, I watched all episodes standing up because I had to
>>
>>142425300
I feel for you anon, as I'm suffering something bad myself here, but that's also hilarious so I'm going to laugh at you.
>>
>>142425154
Misato a shit
A SHIT
>>
>>142426960
Fuck off, Asuka
>>
>>142427016
ASUKA A SHIT TOO
RIE A SHIT
HIKARI A SHIT
KAWORU A SHIT
SHINJI A SHIT
KAJI A SHIT
THE BRIDGE BUNNIES SHITS
GENDO A SHIT
Fuyutski alright I guess.
YUI A SHIT
RITSUKO A SHIT
TOUJI A SHIT
KENSUKE A SHIT
SACHIEL A SHIT
SHAMSHEL A SHIT
RAMIEL A SHIT, A CUBIC SHIT
GAGHIEL A SHIT
ISRAPHEL A SHIT
SANDALPHON A SHIT
I CAN'T REMEMBER THE REST OF THE FUCKERS
YOU'RE ALL SHIT.
>>
>>142427380
Fuck off, Anno
>>
File: 3kBBxqC.png (2MB, 1136x1136px) Image search: [Google]
3kBBxqC.png
2MB, 1136x1136px
what happens if shinji cums in kaworu or vise-versa?

do they unite as god or some shit?
>>
>>142413791
>But despite how much I pity her, at the end of the day I'm just left feeling her character arc was lacking something and not as complete as everyone else's.

What? It's totally the other way around. Rei has a solild point about finding herself. If anyone is lacking anything, it's Asuka's.
>>
>>142412326
They show that Rei's AT field is the strongest on screen.
>>
>>142427431
WAIT I FORGOT
ADAM A SHIT
LILLITH A SHIT
THE FARS SHIT
MARI NOT CANON, AND ALSO SHIT
KYOKO A SHIT
UNITS 01-15
ALL SHIT
RIE A SHIT
NAOKO A SHIT
RIE A SHIT
THERE'S THREE RIES
SHE'S TRIPLE SHIT
ANNO A SHIT
I THINK I ALREADY SAID KAJI BUT HE GOES ON HERE AGAIN TOO
KEEL A SHIT
SEELE 02-13 ALSO SHIT
INSTRUMENTALITY A SHIT
HUMANINTY A SHIT
>>
>>142427680
Don't you have Godzilla to do man?
Why are you even shitposting here?
>>
>>142421025
He's a shitty character and a shitty person. Plenty of reason to dislike him. I think Gendo is an asshole as well, as are some of the sadistic fucks in the JSSDF.

Evangelion is filled with bad people.
>>
>>142427380
Why is Fuyutski not a shit?

Also, Ramiel is an octahedron, not a cube.
>>
>>142427522
Impregnated with 53 Ramiels
>>
>>142427608
Kaworu's and Rei's are both equally the strongest
>>
>>142427556
>Rei has a solid point about finding herself.
No she doesn't. She goes from one puppet master to the next.
>>
>>142405301
>>142405602
>>142411988
Look here you Rei-hating bigot, I don't know what crawled up your ass but before you say things like:

>Yes, it is her own volition to be a doll rather than a being capable of making her own decisions.
>It's also her own volition to jump off a bridge if Gendo told her to.

consider that Rei never did any of those things when tested. She chose to not follow orders, she chose to follow her own way on the battlefield despite protests and she is the only person in the entire series to bring Gendo to his knees.

I don't know what Evangelion you watched, but obviously it different from the series we're all discussing.
>>
>>142428424
Uh, how so? Rei's entire arc from start to finish is about her finding herself, and lo and behold, she does. Even in a literal way by going down to Lilith (which is her actual self). Metaphorically, literally, there's lots of material for Rei to have a point.

I get the feeling you're just trying to shit on Rei because people shat on Kaworu earlier. But you know what, the difference is that the people who shat on Kaworu didn't have to lie to speak ill of the character.
>>
Does anyone have the iceberg theories pic?
>>
>>142428330
That doesn't make sense though. Rei's AT-field comes after Kaworu's, and at that time it can't be "the strongest", which it was shown to be on one of the panels.

Plus Rei sets out a huge AT-field that envelops the earth in EoE. Quit being butthurt about powerlevels, the series showed that Rei's AT-field was the strongest. Deal with it.
>>
>>142428427
>she is the only person in the entire series to bring Gendo to his knees
Actually that would be Yui.
>>
>>142428427
>>142428486
It's probably the butthurt Kaworufag from earlier. It's best to ignore him, whenever someone tries to discuss Kaworu in more realistic terms, he starts shitting on Rei for no reason. It's sad that the fanbase has to deal with autists like that.
>>
>>142428424
Shinji can't be anyone's "master".

I think there's a very "being a mother" thing in Lilith's arc. She does what's best for humanity, and the whole idea of forcibly shattering Shinji's ego by turning to Kaworu is pretty antagonical to being a blind doll that follows orders. Eva-01 and therefore Shinji were literally a God by that point so he probably would've still had agency over instrumentality regardless of Lilith's will.

And well, finding herself doesn't mean she stops being suicidal. She clearly wanted instrumentality at the beginning just like Shinji because hey, characters don't "get over" their mental issues in EVA just like that.
>>
>>142428581
When? Never happened unless you're trying to be funny about marriage proposals.

>>142428601
What the actual hell is their problem?
>>
>>142428424
Shinji isn't a puppet master, and the only one who tried to control Rei was Gendo, and he ultimately failed. Rei did everything of her own free will, and you need to get pretty crazy to suggest otherwise.
>>
>>142428650
>When?
When she bit his head off
>>
>>142428705
That's something more under Rei and Shinji's control, and Gendo was already down at his knees at that point. He's even standing.
>>
>>142428704
How many times are you going to reply to one post? Your samefagging is pathetic.
A conversation ending hours ago and you fling 50 posts in response later. Calm your butthurt.
>>
>>142428759
Nah, pretty sure Yui biting off his head is Yui's control.
Rei taking his fapping arm doesn't really mean squat in comparison.
>>
File: 1463926843057.jpg (44KB, 425x512px) Image search: [Google]
1463926843057.jpg
44KB, 425x512px
>>142428767
I only need one post and that's what you got. The better question is why are you so upset?
>>
>>142428759
Shinji having control over things necessarily means Yui had as well, since she was the actual god in the narrative. Shinji's power during the process only came from being attached to 01 to begin with.

Yui brought Gendo to his knees in the sense that she was just using him all along for her own purposes and totally played him even while trapped inside a weirdo beast thing
>>
>>142404766
isnt kaworu descending into terminal dogma to end humanity anyway, either with Adam or Lilith?
>>
>>142398476
Yeah smash that fag
>>
>>142428808
Nice 0/10 shitpost you've got there. For a second I thought you were serious.

>>142428823
>Shinji having control over things necessarily means Yui had as well, since she was the actual god in the narrative.
>Yui brought Gendo to his knees in the sense that she was just using him all along for her own purposes and totally played him even while trapped inside a weirdo beast thing

This is just fanwank with no support in the series. Yui isn't a god, she's a plot device who exerts no real power beyond just existing.
>>
>>142428816
I think you're upset because people had legitimate and valid criticisms of Rei's character a few hours ago and so you're back in the thread to start another rampage in response.
You do this every time anons question Rei's character. Typical waifufag cancer really.
>>
>>142428830
Yep. Basically Kaworu is a dangerous psychopath who emotionally and physically mistreated Shinji, and tried to end the whole world as he knew it.

Even though he didn't really have to.
>>
>>142428895
>she's a plot device who exerts no real power beyond just existing.
We're talking about Yui, not Rei.
>>
>>142428938
I don't see any legitimate or valid criticisms. If i can point out that you're wrong with a sentence, clearly you're just an upset bigot. This isn't a waifufag thing, everyone who actually watched Evangelion will read your post and roll their eyes.

The only cancer ITT is you for actually trying to lie about a show since you're so full of vitriol for some reason - every time you do that, you kill an chance of good discussion.
>>
>>142428995
Precisely. Rei is a well-developed character, and Yui is a plot device. You are a butthurt faggot for some reason. I don't know what's your problem.
>>
>>142429040
We actually had a very civil discussion about Rei early on in the thread.
Amusing how you didn't respond to any of those posts.
>>
>>142428895
>Fuyutsuki: Having eaten both the Fruit of Life (S2 engine from ep19) and the Fruit of Knowledge (Being a Lilith-based entity and having a human soul), EVA-01 is now a God.

He adds that it all depends on Shinji probably because Yui has no qualms over letting him decide everything. In the end, Yui becomes the equivalent of an Adam or Lilith being and goes off exploring the great landscapes of nothingness, which for some reason was her real objective all along.
>>
>>142429103
If it's civil, it's nice, but if it's treacherous butthurt probably coming from a butthurt waifu/husbandofag like yourself, it does need to get addressed.
>>
>>142429110
Oh great, now you've triggered the Reifag by stating his waifu isn't the most powerful being in the universe.
>>
>>142429148
It was civil and constructive, precisely because you weren't there.
You haven't responded to it because you can't make a proper rebuttal against valid criticisms of Rei's character. Therefore you turn towards waifuwars and other petty insults. Cancer.
>>
>>142429110
>He adds that it all depends on Shinji probably
Blatant lie. The line in EOE is that "[]....it's up for Lilith to decide".

EVA01 exerts no power without Shinji, and while having the potential, it simply cannot do anything of note without the catalyst as SEELE mentioned, the pilot.

In EoE, Yui's fate is to be forever sealed into a decayed, petrified EVA01 floating as a monument to mankind - until she is removed from that place, or what she said, as long as the sun exists. Which is 4 billion years more or so, give or take.
>>
>>142429250
>You haven't responded to it because you can't make a proper rebuttal against valid criticisms of Rei's character. Therefore you turn towards waifuwars and other petty insults. Cancer.
see >>142428427
and the rest of the chain.

You're the one without a rebuttal. Your "criticisms" were clear lies, and now that you've been exposed, you're going to backpedal and blame me for pointing out your nonsense.
By the way, several people were calling you out and disagreeing with your nonsense. They debunked your criticisms then, just as I have.

The only cancer in this thread is you. Imagine this thread without you, there'd be regular discussion without the hate-filled nonsense you've brought.
>>
>>142429258
>The line in EOE is that "[]....it's up for Lilith to decide".
Fuyutsuki clearly says it's up to Unit-01's pilot.

>EVA01 exerts no power without Shinji
Wrong. Because over the course of the series Eva-01 shows it's able to move without Shinji perfectly well. And like Fuyutsuki says, it becomes the equivalent of a god with both fruits.
Lilith only has one, therefore making Unit-01/Yui the most powerful being.

Becoming a monument was her desire, she's really the only one in EoE who got exactly what she wanted.
>>
>>142429110
He says it depends on Lilith though, but we don't need his word for it since we can see what's actually happening. EVA01/Yui both form a near completely passive plot device, whilst characters like Shinji and Rei have an actively developing character. In EoE we see Rei doing the talking and the acting while Yui is in the background, exerting no control. Even in the end, she says she is to become a monument to mankind.
>>
>>142429332
You still haven't responded to it. Those posts are from earlier.

And likewise you haven't given a rebuttal to the points addressed there. I take it you've thrown in the towel, naturally.
>>
>>142429456
>Fuyutsuki clearly says it's up to Unit-01's pilot.
No, he doesn't. He mentions Lilith in the scene, taking place around the time when the Geofront is rising up. You're just wrong on this one. He says Lilith, Ririsu, not Shinji in that scene.

>Wrong. Because over the course of the series Eva-01 shows it's able to move without Shinji perfectly well.

This is just a half-truth. Sure it can move, but at most it can move a hand for a few seconds. It can never act fully on it's own. Only with Shinji at the helm.

>And like Fuyutsuki says, it becomes the equivalent of a god with both fruits.
>Lilith only has one, therefore making Unit-01/Yui the most powerful being.

Rei did ingest Adam, so she technically has both at this time. The difference is that Rei has control while Yui is just trapped inside a being that has those components.
>>
>>142429471
Can you stop responding multiple times to the same post?
Attempting to give the illusion you're more than one person when everyone knows your samefagging is just pathetic. It makes your reputation as an insane waifufag all the more solid. It's also bannable, by the way.
>>
>>142429510
Let me copy the rebuttal for you:
>consider that Rei never did any of those things when tested. She chose to not follow orders, she chose to follow her own way on the battlefield despite protests and she is the only person in the entire series to bring Gendo to his knees.

which you didn't respond to. Thanks for proving me right in evading though.
>>
>>142429587
>It can never act fully on it's own
Except it can. Have you never watched Eva? It goes beserk several times.
>>
>>142429588
>oh no, I'm getting wrecked so I better call samefag
>>
>>142429657
Are you fucking stupid at what?

>This is just a half-truth. Sure it can move, but at most it can move a hand for a few seconds. It can never act fully on it's own. Only with Shinji at the helm.
>This is just a half-truth. Sure it can move, but at most it can move a hand for a few seconds. It can never act fully on it's own. Only with Shinji at the helm.
>It can never act fully on it's own. Only with Shinji at the helm.
>It can never act fully on it's own. Only with Shinji at the helm.
>Only with Shinji at the helm.

Stop draggint thread quality down with your inane shitposts.
>>
>>142429629
You still haven't responded to the group of posts.
Is scrolling up really that challenging of a task for you?
>>
>>142429258
>The line in EOE is that "[]....it's up for Lilith to decide".
Rewatch.
>>
File: toshio_saeki3.jpg (57KB, 480x321px) Image search: [Google]
toshio_saeki3.jpg
57KB, 480x321px
>>142429657
>oh boy I'll quote a single sentence in a paragraph and make a strawman out of it oh boy I'm so smart
>>
>>142429685
Come on, it's really obvious dude.
>>
>>142429798
Keep going. Fuyutsuki keeps talking. Post the entire exchange.
>>
>>142429746
But Shinji isn't in control, Yui is.
>>
>>142429780
Keep confirming that you're just a Reihating bigot. Just go on. I'm talking to you, and you're refusing to discuss, just showing how much of a cancerous faggot you are.

Let me copy the rebuttal for you:
>consider that Rei never did any of those things when tested. She chose to not follow orders, she chose to follow her own way on the battlefield despite protests and she is the only person in the entire series to bring Gendo to his knees.

which you didn't respond to. Thanks for proving me right in evading though.
>>
>>142429886
Yui can only go "berserk" because Shinji is enabling it. It's a defense mechanism, a brainless effort basing itself on Yui's maternal instincts. You really are this stupid.
>>
>>142411948
This, it was less about Kaoru and more about the devolpment of Shinji
>>
>>142429896
All I asked was that you respond to the civil conversation from a few hours ago.
You responded to some other anon's irrelevant posts.
Clearly you have some sort of dysfunction where you can't perform simple tasks, so I'll let you be.
>>
>>142429886
>>142429798
>Yui is in control!
>No Shinji is in control!

Basically you faggots never watched Evangelion.
>>
>>142429841
He doesn't keep talking. The Lilith line comes way before the line I posted and he's talking about two different things.

When I said he puts all on Shinji it's because Eva-01 is the medium for instrumentality to occur, and Shinji as its pilot, with his ego shattered (and necessarily merged into the EVA as in ep 20), has agency over the whole process because he's now part of a God being. This necessitates that the other soul inside the EVA, who is now merged with Shinji's, also has agency. Yui doesn't care, she's okay with letting Shinji decide everything as Lilith saw fit. This can be inferred from her last flashback as well.

Lilith decides whether or not to initiate Instrumentality, but once it's started it's EVA-01/Shinji who has the choice (both because of how the mechanics of the process work and because Lilith gave him the choice). But he necessitates being the pilot of EVA-01 to acquire that power, it's not that Lilith gave Shinji the power simply because she cared for it. Yui was absolutely necessary for the ritual to manifest.
>>
>>142429971
Quite clearly you're a pathetic little faggot who can't stand up for his own words and then make up arbitrary "tasks". You're speaking with me. Not anyone else. I'm speaking with you. Not anyone else.
>>
>>142429110
>Having eaten both the Fruit of Life and the Fruit of Knowledge
Doesn't that make Yui a FAR?
She's equal to more than just a God, she's the God who created God.
>>
>>142430069
It's not known whether the FAR had both fruits iirc. there's even some lines in the game where it's hinted that they purposely didn't because mixing fruits was decreed as morally forbidden by their race and that's why they separated the seeds to different planets and made the races carrying each fruit incompatible.
>>
>>142430058
see >>142429971 autismo
>>
>>142430044
That more or less confirms what I'm saying. Rei is the one with the power in this instant, as she is able to voluntarily hand it to Shinji.

It does not necessitate at any point whatsoever that the soul in the EVA also has agency. Do you have any evidence to back this up whatsoever? Because Yui's absence during the majority of the course of the events is damning proof that she's just a passive entity.
>>
>>142430124
No, it's explicitly stated FAR had both fruits.
For implied reasons that having two fruits is a bad thing, they split themselves up into lesser beings with only one fruit each.
>>
>>142430135
Still evading I see. I mean, you don't even see the irony in labeling your own post as "unicivil".

Are you going to stand up for what you said, or are you going to act like a fucking autist?
>>
>>142430044
That means Lilith(Rei) is the one in control, since it is up for her to decide, and then unto Shinji. This implicitly means that Lilith, not Yui or EVA01/Shinji is the one in control.

Yui doesn't do anything at all in EoE besides stand around, so I don't get where you got the idea from.

>>142430124
>>142430183
The FAR aren't even mentioned on that level in the original series, much less EoE.
>>
>>142430203
see >>142430135 disabled anon-kun
>>
File: 1462873884668.jpg (52KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
1462873884668.jpg
52KB, 600x847px
>it's a "I'm a butthurt Kaworufag who hates Rei" episode
Posting Rei Q to trigger reifags
>>
>>142430153
The whole reason EVA-01 has agency (becoming a "God") is because Yui purposefully ate Zeruel's S2 engine in episode 19. Or did you think it was mindless gore? She was acquiring the Fruit of Life because that was a key part of her plan to become a monument of humanity (without the Fruit of Life the EVA-01 wouldn't be an immortal being that can live without a sun in the middle of space). That's the definition of being a proactive entity.

There's also this "detail" where she actually waits for Asuka to die before breaking out of the bakelite to take Shinji into her, ensuring he can't help her at all. That's a demonstration of agency too.

>>142430183
Source?
>>
>>142430311
>Still evading

>>142430358
Oh I get it, you're a crazy evageeks retard Asukafag.
>>
File: 60977640.png (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
60977640.png
70KB, 400x400px
>>142430344
>>
>>142430400
I dunno what Asuka has to do with anything, I'm simply talking from Yui's perspective of things. The EoE bit is simply a demonstration of her agency, as are the multiple instances in the series where she takes over.

I didn't say Shinji was irrelevant either. I just said that his function as the 01 pilot is crucial to his role in Instrumentality as opposed to the idea that simply because Lilith wanted him to be the decider then he got to be. He was the medium (along with 01) to begin with.
>>
Are we having a buffering between 3.33 and 4.44?
>>
>>142430358
The source is NGE2 Classified Information
>>
>>142430358
While EVA01 clearly obtains a fruit of life, there is nothing in the series whatsoever that indicates it was part of a plan, and not part of biological instinct in the Lilith-based EVA - to consume and acquire a fruit of life. Much like Rei gains human instinct and attitudes when she is put in a copied human body.

I think you need to put your pet theory to rest. It clearly doesn't add up, and stinks of fanwank.

Keep in mind again, that even if we were able to accept this display of "proactivity", the fact remains that EVA01 is completely unable to do it without Shinji.

The fact is that Yui was just along for the ride.

>There's also this "detail" where she actually waits for Asuka to die before breaking out of the bakelite to take Shinji into her, ensuring he can't help her at all. That's a demonstration of agency too.

Hahaaha, oh wow. This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Asuka fan paranoia much? I know it's hard accepting that Asuka is a messed up little fuckup, but blaming the entire world for conspiring against her is stupid.
>>
>>142430400
see >>142430311 buttblasted waifufag
>>
>>142430344
I think even Kaworufags like Rei more than Reifags at this point.
>>
>>142430344
I don't even trigger, but some so called "fans" really annoy me. Like this insane Kaworu fan. I hope it isn't the same kaworu fan who attempted suicide or the kaworu fan who had a nervous breakdown.

>>142430489
>I dunno what Asuka has to do with anything,
Really? Because what you just wrote is 100% evageek butthurt Asukafag material.

The anime has demonstrated again and again, time after time that EVA01 can only react to Shinji's needs. Only. It can't just start walking on it's own, that's why NERV pair them with pilots who can make them move. How did you miss this?

"Yui" can't do anything and she never could. At most she can react to Shinji's distress, which is arguably the whole point, capitalizing on the motherly instinct to protects it's child. Last I checked, Asuka isn't Shinji's sister.
>>
>>142430532
It's not the entire world, just Yui. Incidentally, >>142430497 made me look at the stuff and there's this:
>As Gendo has already exhibited signs of treachery, his son's status as the pilot of Eva-01 is, in Seele's eyes, particularly dangerous. This is because Seele believe that the Divine Soul should come into existence only on their terms. However, Gendo has his own plans for attaining divinity, which he hopes to fulfill using Eva-01.
It's Shinji's status as the pilot what grants him the availability to become the medium. Not Lilith's affection for Shinji in a vacuum (which was the main point I was disputing originally and had to do with Lilith's character arc more than all this tbf).

>>142430667
I never said Yui doesn't need a pilot to act. But once she's allowed to act, mechanically speaking, she has her own will. Your (or the other dude, whatever) dismissal of the 01 eating the S2 engine as "basic Lilith-based instinct" is much more baseless than what I'm saying, which is supported by Yui's interactions with Shinji within the EVA, her flashback talks with Fuyutsuki and her final talk with Shinji in the Tang sea.
>>
>>142430657
Kaworu fans don't actually like Evangelion. Not the /a/ type anyway. They're here just for Yaoi and BL. It follows that they don't give a rats ass about Rei or any other character that isn't conductive to homosexual fetishes.

Why do you think they (or just one insane kaworuf an, we've had plenty of those over the years) are attacking Rei so savagely ITT? The Asukafags you can understand almost, they've been at it for decades. But kaworufags, that's a special kind of fucked up.
>>
>>142430768
>I never said Yui doesn't need a pilot to act. But once she's allowed to act, mechanically speaking, she has her own will. Your (or the other dude, whatever) dismissal of the 01 eating the S2 engine as "basic Lilith-based instinct" is much more baseless than what I'm saying, which is supported by Yui's interactions with Shinji within the EVA, her flashback talks with Fuyutsuki and her final talk with Shinji in the Tang sea.

That's a shameless lie and you know it. The primal rage, and animal like behaviour speaks directly of instinct, not human planned behavior. Even regressing to walking on four legs.

There's nothing in her talk with Fuyutsuki or Shinji that even remotely confirms any distinct plans to do anything.
>>
File: Kaworufag.jpg (24KB, 275x270px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworufag.jpg
24KB, 275x270px
>>142430774
We like Evangelion a lot more than you, considering you can't go one thread without bashing every single character that isn't Rei.
No one in this thread is attacking Rei except you, paranoid waifufag.
>>
>>142430935
>That's a shameless lie and you know it
No I don't. I now realize I've talked with you many times in these threads and you're impossible to debate with.

I'm therefore going to stop posting. You win.
>>
File: 35776422_p3.jpg (201KB, 600x588px) Image search: [Google]
35776422_p3.jpg
201KB, 600x588px
>>142430344
The gift that keeps on giving.
>>
File: 1410118550581.jpg (74KB, 283x927px) Image search: [Google]
1410118550581.jpg
74KB, 283x927px
>>142430963
You should know by now to not give the insane Reifag attention or he'll just keep shitting up the thread.
Post Rei Q and maybe he'll run off.
>>
File: eoe_fuyu.png (3MB, 1571x1039px) Image search: [Google]
eoe_fuyu.png
3MB, 1571x1039px
>>142429798
>>142430044
So what, were you trying to leave this out?

It was up for Lilith to decide. Not at one point is Yui mentioned as having any sort of control. Shinji is mentioned because - as we all saw, Rei decided to give him the power.

It couldn't be more obvious what happened.

>>142430768
Nothing there really backs up your inane "Yui hates Asuka" theory. It's common for Asukafags to go batshit insane because Asuka is such a poor performer that doesn't live up to the "waifu status" she has.

The truth is that Yui can't do anything, nor does she care. She didn't intervene to save anyone else, nor did she move her eva earlier to go get Shinji when he was obviously going to die. She can only react when Shinji is close, or inside her.
>>
>>142430963
No anon, you're impossible. You're completely refusing to look at obvious facets of the show. You think it's just random gore or random behavior when EVA01 acts like a rabid animal? That there's no primal or animalistic instinct?

When the whole show heavily bases itself on the idea that the pilots are a part of a mother/son combination, it's completely dishonest to ignore the instinctual nature of EVA01's behavior.

I will take what EVA shows us rather than insane fanwank from an evageeks poster.
>>
>>142430657
>>142431026
If it isn't obvious, I think you Kaworufags are the worst. I just wanted to trigger both sides because hey, the Rei fans can probably take it, but you can't.
>>
>>142430939
>thread has rabid kaworufags and asukafags attacking Rei
>somehow it's Reifags who attack Rei
Adding to my previous post, I'm now convinced Kaworu fans all share some sort of collective brain dysfunction.
>>
>>142430939
Uncanny how you the Kaworufag is responsible for a shitton of shitposting.

https://desustorage.org/a/search/filename/Kaworufag/image/ZcYisrKtAtxeuufe0NG7ZA/

I expected that.
>>
File: 3074890.jpg (59KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
3074890.jpg
59KB, 500x584px
>>142431418
You can't just call everything that triggers you shitposting.
>>
>>142430963
Judging from this thread, it's clearly "impossible" because you lose. I don't expect much from Xchanners, but here's a protip: If you lose and there's valid points made by the opposition, acknowledge it, even that you're wrong.
>>
>>142431418
I wonder if the Kaworufag shitposting so much on /a/ is a guy or a girl. Either way, it's overweight and greasy I bet.
>>
>>142431306
>>142431367
I mean, Reifags are the only ones angry and petty enough to actively insult other anons for liking different characters than them. Their autism is practically iconic in these threads, that's why we generally ignore them.
And not just the two Kaworufags, I'm talking about everyone.
>>
>>142431667
>b-but reifags
Oh the irony. Fuck off to /cm/ or tumblr already.
>>
>>142431615
Who knows, but at least he doesn't cry over a fictional character more than his dead grandfather.
Now that is some next level autism.
Hopefully Reifags get help.

>>142431734
Dead grandpa, though.
>>
>>142431667
Doesn't add up given what we've seen in this thread and other threads, since you're obviously far worse than any of that. Again I really do think you're the worst. Stop damagecontrolling.
>>
File: crazy reifags.jpg (1MB, 2000x3500px) Image search: [Google]
crazy reifags.jpg
1MB, 2000x3500px
>>142431306
>Rei fans can probably take it
Not even him, but they are known as the most autistic motherfuckers in these threads for a reason.
>>
>>142431763
But unlike you (the fat greasy kaworufag), ReiHeart mourned and then fucked off. Even he's better than you.
>>
>>142431803
Dead grandpa, though.

I guess Anno was right when he said Rei is the ultimate form of escapism.
>>
>>142431853
People getting emotional over some fictional tragedy sounds like the opposite of autism.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 2048x1536px
And the END ouo
>>
>>142431931
Getting emotional over a Chinese cartoon even more than the death of a fucking family member is more than just autism, it's mental illness.
Reifags, man.

And that's like the exact opposite of Evangelion's main message, too.
>>
>>142431853
>>142431908
Both of those examples are Reifags who clearly are super-sad about Rei's treatment. If people can cry when watching Game of Thrones or Kaworufags can admit to losing hope in life when kaworu died, I'm pretty sure the reaction is not indicative of autism but just emotional investment.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
>>142432035
I SAID THE END
>>
I hate that the people in these threads always try to subtle guide any discussion into "characterfag" charades.

Anno didn't want this for you, my children.
>>
>>142432095
Blame Reifags.
>>
>>142432018
My fiance cried more over Hodor than I saw her cry when her aunt died, or her mother. That said, her mother was sort of weird, fuck me but it's true and I'm not sure still what went on there.

Here's a honest appraisal, I find it more wrong (and autistic) that you find this sort of thing weird.
>>
>>142432126
No, I blame you bringing the "reifag" bullshit into it. I blame them. I also blame Anno because he could've done better than fucking Rebuild. I also blame all the people involved in whoring out the franchise and exploiting weak people's attachment to their characters.

Really, I blame anime.
>>
>>142432035
Sure, you can get sad about things. But caring so much about a fictional cartoon that you flunk out of university or more than the death of a grandfather is not healthy or normal.
It's the exact opposite of what Evangelion is telling you.

And I don't find it a coincidence that Reifags are the only ones consistently acting like this. I hope they get treatment.
>>
>>142432134
>crying over hodor
I hope she was crying because of how horribly he was treated, being mindraped into a forced suicide
>>
>>142432018
You do realize that not everyone has a meaningful emotional bond with every member of their family, right?
>>
>>142432095
The problem is and always will be Kaworufags and Asukafags. They're completely unable of holding any sort of honest discussion. Because inevitably, without fail, if such a discussion is held about Evangelion, the flaws in their fantasies will be revealed and they will go ballistic.

They will blame Reifags because they both realize how much better Rei is positioned in the original than both of their favorites.

Anno is also to blame.
>>
>>142432237
But in this case the guy did.
>>
>>142432134
There's no point explaining this to a Kaworufag or Asukafag when they're on the war path. They're unable to accept that people actually do care about Rei, and they've been sore about Rei being a sort of audience darling for a long time.

Why do you think they're so protective of new works even when they fail to deliver artistically and in terms of quality? Because it panders to them. Basically they'd buy shit smeared onto paper if it had a closing statement that claimed Rei was shit.

They really are that butthurt.
>>
>>142432240
God damn, characterfags and evafags like you make me sick.
You're all equally worthless garbage.
>>
>>142432353
I'm sorry anon but it's the truth. Spend enough time among evafags and characterfags and you'll understand. It's maybe ten years since I was hopeful for a big happy community in Evangelion, but I've since given up.
>>
>>142432353
We're all shit to be honest. Anno wanted us to stop being so obsessed with a cartoon and go live life. Yet here we are.
Anno is shit too, of course. Talks big but never got over it himself. He probably hates himself even more than when he started working on the TV show.
>>
>>142432177
If we forego blaming Anno/Gainax for being the source of Evangelion, we can basically source waifu wars down to a single thing: jealousy.

In the original, all of the recurring main characters had good amounts of development. They were represented fairly or more than fair enough, I hope we can agree on that at least. I also hope we can agree that in such a case, if the public gains a preference, we need to accept that. It was fair and square.

But then the otaku mentality kicks in. Popularity polls, jealousy, the whole game starts rolling. Asuka fans just weren't happy despite Evangelion having good characters all round. So they hated on Rei for being twice as popular. Anno, being partial to Asuka, started resenting Rei. It became the topic of his interviews, and the topic of his later works. Arguably, Evangelion is being made on that premise alone now, popularity.

It is the otaku mentality or maybe the Asukafag mentality with a touch of Kaworufag mentality (the obsession over shallow things) that is to blame.
>>
>>142425065
Asukafags: Chill, alpha guys who have the maturity and patience to sympathize with such a flawed but realistic character.
Reifags: Woman-fearing beta cucks and psuedo-intellectual fedora edgelords with anger issues, severe autism and toilet fetishes who can only sympathize with cardboard cutouts.
>>
>>142432511
I don't think the audience is shit. I think some of the audience is, but not as a general rule. Kids, fourteen year olds do watch cartoons. Even adults watch them from time to time, in chase of a good story.

Evangelion especially because it got the reputation of punching harder than it's weight class, gaining praise from even normal movie directors. Western ones!

The problem is Hideaki Anno and his hideous otaku mentality. If he could have just ended Evangelion with End of Evangelion, and stopped brooding over how Rei was more popular than his fanfiction version of Kushana, I bet that Evangelion would be more respected and have had a better community today.

Anno's method of extreme bias in interviews and new Evangelion productions only serves to create sides in a community that ideally should get along. A community that gets along and is generally happy, is also less obsessed. It's easier to let go of something when you're satisfied with it.

Anno by giving his favorites extreme preferential treatment in what ways he can only riles up Asuka fans for instance, giving them a false sense of superiority.
>>
File: Screenshot (34).png (372KB, 751x735px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (34).png
372KB, 751x735px
>>142398677
>stalling to fill the time slot
This is real time Shinji contemplating
>>
>>142432810
You're definitely shit though.

I want everyone to stop caring about every character as if they were real people. Whoever does this is trash in my book. And you certainly are trash, as are the dozens of characterfags that not only shit up the threads but themselves.
>>
>>142404551

>whose death didn't actually matter for the viewer
This is autism

Literally, not the meme version. The inability to empathize with a character at all. Goddamn anon.
>>
>>142404243
Nigga literally no one shows Shinji love.

His mother died before he could even remember, Misato shows only her own insecurities through parenting Shinji, his father is gone, Rei can't even comprehend social interaction, Asuka cries out for attention and recognition from others and nothing else, and Kaji only shows likeness from a professional standpoint or a new boyfriend to Misato.
>>
>>142433020
I'm with him. His death literally didn't matter. What Shinji felt about it mattered to me, but Kaworu? Not a single fuck given.
>>
>>142433046
Human love comes in many forms, all of those being examples. The wiser Toji comments that Misato's slob-like nature around Shinji is a sign that she accepts him and shows her true self to him, and Shinji understands.

"Love" isn't just the words "I love you". What Kaworu showed Shinji was dishonest and treacherous love, as moments later he betrayed him and hurt him on a whim.
>>
>>142432912
I'm not shit, I'm the only one so far who has this problem nailed down. The problem you're talking about? The over-caring? It has a source, and that source is Anno. Hideaki Anno starts waifu wars, he prolongs waifu-wars.

By not understanding this, you also play into his scheme.
>>
>>142433242
You're literally Humbert Humbert
>>
>>142404766
Kaworu already knew about lilith tho
>>
>>142433305
I'll humour that, how?
>>
>>142433075
Character wanted to die, was visibly confused and sort of offended at people not wanting to die, used an ultimatum to achieve a proxy suicide. I thought good for him.
>>
>>142433174
Kaworu was the one who told him he was fine the way he is. He didn't have to be manlier, he didn't have to trust his father, he didn't have to be weaker, he didn't have to be stronger, etc.
He was perfect exactly the way he was.
It's this kind of love that Shinji wanted, and the one he recognized as being genuine love.

Even after Kaworu's betrayal, Shinji still considered it genuine. Because in the end Kaworu chose Shinji over his destiny.
>>
>>142433580
I thought "good for everyone", such a person hardly deserves life.
>>
>>142433598
Any sociopath can say those words, and Kaworu is no doubt an emotionless bastard like that. Love or not, Kaworu's love is far more destructive and unhealthy than any of the other characters.
>>
>>142433720
Not according to Shinji. And at the end of the day, his opinion is the one that matters in the show.
>>
>>142433889
Haha, no. The show is built on the premise that Shinji makes mistakes and misunderstands, his opinion is literally there to be ridiculed and tested. Otherwise, there'd be no story at all here.
>>
>>142433598
>he was fine the way he is.
Ikuhara please stop posting and work in something with Anno already.
>>
>>142434010
Sure, but the show makes it evident that Kaworu's love is one of the sole things that is actually genuine and meaningful to Shinji. If Shinji and Rei's own words aren't enough, then EoE seals the deal. As well as Anno and co.'s own words.
>>
>>142434094
Whatever is meaningful to Shinji personally shouldn't be taken at face value though.
>>
>>142434130
It doesn't have to be when the canon establishes it is meaningful.
>>
File: 410_52513717_p0.jpg (429KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
410_52513717_p0.jpg
429KB, 707x1000px
>>142433720
>successfully damaged the murderer of his children more than any other character in the show in only 5 minutes
And the best part is, he got away with it all scotfree. The madman.
>>
>>142434162
The canon establishes that Kaworu was an angel whose first choice was trying to merge with Adam and destroy the world. Shinji sought escape in the form of unconditional validation, the sort that only exists in fantasies (what you sickos do with all fictional characters).
>>
>>142418335
>>142419086
>>142419217

Actually the translators were told to stop by Khara. srs
>>
>>142434094
No no. It doesn't establish any such thing. It established that Shinji believed it or wanted to believe it, but it also established that despite Shinji believing that, Kaworu still betrayed him and left him alone, even though he didn't have to - meaning he did it out of lack of care for Shinji.

Kaworu's love towards Shinji or vice versa is a poor joke played on a poor boy that deserved far more than he got.

>>142434227
If being dead is considered scot free, then sure I guess.
>>
>>142434243
>unconditional validation, the sort that only exists in fantasies
A mother's love isn't a fantasy.
>>
File: Kaworu_-_Tabgha_Base_(Rebuild).png (820KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu_-_Tabgha_Base_(Rebuild).png
820KB, 1920x1080px
>>142434285
Nah, Cockroachworu is destined to live forever.
>>
>>142434243
>>142434339
For Shinji the "love" he was shown by any character does for him, literally exist. However, Shinji was mistaken with Kaworu's form of "love", and paid the price by being betrayed.

Kaworu is more of a cruel plot device than a character.
>>
>>142433598
Kaworu says that with human extinction in mind. He's sincere in his belief Shinji can die instead and it will be as good as living without the struggle, that he's delivering everyone at the cost of living himself. It's genuine, a betrayal, and a betrayal of Kaworu by Shinji.
>>
>>142434285
It establishes it and Anno makes it clear that's what he was going for.
Kaworu may love Shinji, but he's not just going to up and forget about his destiny to merge with Adam and remove the Lilin from his planet.
He gained an appreciation for Lilin and with thought decided that it would be best to let them be the ones to survive.
The care for Lilin and Shinji is still obviously there. But no doubt Shinji loves Kaworu more than Kaworu loves Shinji.
>>
>>142404551
3.0 fixed Kaworu.
Nobody gives it credit for that, but it's true.
>>
>>142433046
>Nigga literally no one shows Shinji love.
You literally don't understand Evangelion tho
>>
>>142434645
He didn't need fixing. His role in the TV show was perfect and fit with him being, y'know, an Angel and all that.

3.0 turned him into yet another self-insert oriented waifu-tier character who devolves into pretty much nothing more than some angsty dude
>>
>>142434593
I say it doesn't' establish it. (That it's meaningful). It's rather the opposite. Shinji finds it meaningful, but Shinji has no perspective or mental readiness to grasp anything around him at this state. It's like feeding a starved person soft plastic, and he thinks it's nutritious because for a moment it fills his belly. Then disaster strikes.

>>142434645
You mean, it made a bad character even worse? Don't you think there's a reason why no one gives it credit for that?
>>
>>142434788
I mean I could finally and properly masturbate to Evangelion
>>
>>142434574
What you're forgetting is that Kaworu isn't human. He has no obligation to be allies with the human race or care about their survival.

An alien that visits planet Earth has no duty to give a shit about humanity. He can gain an appreciation for their culture and their way of life, and at the end of the day still kill them so he can take over Earth. The appreciation for them is still there and absolutely genuine however.

Since Kaworu has a birds eye view over humanity and detachment from them. He doesn't understand why they desire to live, because to him life and death are of equal value. He doesn't care either way which happens to him.
He also doesn't understand by telling Shinji to kill him he is hurting him, he doesn't even know Shinji loves him in the first place.

His love for Shinji and humannity is as genuine as an alien/angel's love for them can be, even despite the attempted betrayal.
He still decided that love would win over his calling though, so that proves it is genuine.
>>
>>142434759
Arguably, Kaworu was always a self-insert oriented waifu-tier character who devolves into pretty much nothing more than some angsty dude. 3.0 only turned the notch to 11 and fucked over everything else in the process.

Mark my words, there are two cancers in Evangelion and one of it's names is Kaworu fandom. The other has something to do with a redhead.
>>
>>142434866
Nah, you really don't get it. And you have the gall to blame Anno for your own self-defeating fantasies and obsessive persecuting. Jesus.
>>
>>142434855
>What you're forgetting is that Kaworu isn't human. He has no obligation to be allies with the human race or care about their survival.
He has a moral obligation, human or not. Just like you have a moral obligation to treat pets or other animals well.

Kaworu has no birds eye of humanity, he is a puppet who only knows what his masters at SEELE told him. Why do you think he fucks up? He is a barely functional retard with immense destructive power and absolutely no sense of intelligence as to not abuse it.
>>
>>142434788
Shinji finds it meaningful. Anno finds it meaningful. The show finds it meaningful.

Looks like you're just in the minority, anon.
>>
>>142398476
Why does this community give so much of a shit about this clearly dated anime? So much better has come out since Evangelion.

It's so boring and shitty. The protagonist is a whiny bitch and the other characters aren't *that* interesting.
>>
>>142434788
>>142434821
I'm just kidding. I think the original concept of Kaworu was better presented on 3.0
In the anime it just felt like he was making wierd advances on Shinji, but on 3.0 he actually manages to create a safe, loving atmosphere for Shinji, even amidst a lonely, apocalyptic world. It was, without a doubt, the best portrayal of Kaworu yet.
>>
>>142434921
Nah, you really don't get it. And you have the gall to blame me for your own self-defeating fantasies and obsessive persecuting. Jesus.

(See how that works?)

When I blame Anno I do so with reason in hand. I actually can substantiate the accusation against Anno, and unless you can refute it, you should accept that he really is the cancer.
>>
>>142435004
Why does a character whose function in the story is to specifically be a non-character require a "portrayal"?
>>
>>142434989
I'm not in the minority at all, the vast majority doesn't give a crap about Kaworu. Even if no one did, I wouldn't use that as an argument either.

It isn't meaningful because the facts represented in the show prove that it's not.
>>
>>142434965
>He has a moral obligation, human or not.
No he doesn't, you fucking retard.
Aliens have no moral obligation to kill a foreign race, lions have no moral obligation to not kill other animals for food, you have no moral obligation to not step on ants and kill them because you can't even see them when you walk on the ground.

They're a completely foreign species to him, also the same species that killed his own species and took over his planet. He doesn't have to do shit for them.
The fact that he did shows he is perhaps the most kindhearted character in the entire show.

>he is a puppet who only knows what his masters at SEELE told him
Source on this?
A puppet doesn't go connect with Shinji and tell Rei of her true nature (SEELE sure as hell wouldn't like that). He does whatever the fuck he wants to do. He's true neutral on pretty much anything, even SEELE's betrayal didn't seem to bother him. Hell, he even suspected they would going by the lake scene. He's just along for the ride.

He doesn't fuck up because he gets everything he wants, and he does it all with a smug smile on his face.
>>
>>142434645
It shat all over him. Rebuild Kaworu is overtly manipulative and oblivious to his environment.
>>
>>142435004
>I'm just kidding. I think the original concept of Kaworu was better presented on 3.0
Then I think you're an absolute moron. Kaworu in 3.0 is an absolute monster of a creeper that has been creeping on Shinji for decades, watching him from afar. He doesn't create any loving atmosphere but literally ignores Shinji all the time, and doesn't make contact. Nor does he inform or help Shinji, he only uses him to do what he wants in the end.

NGE's Kaworu was no saint, but despite Kaworu being shit there is a point about him representing a form of love Shinji wants. 3.0 doesn't do that original concept well at all.
>>
>>142435065
>is to specifically be a non-character
Uh, follwing your logic, every antagonist, love interest, mentor figure or any other archetypical character who advances the plot is a non-character.

Kaworu is supposed to be a very angelic angel, in contrast with the hellspawn that are the rest of the angels. That was better portrayed on 3.0. End of discussion.
>>
>>142435109
>the vast majority doesn't give a crap about Kaworu
Yeah, that must be why he's in the top 5 most popular Eva characters of all time.

And you don't have to not care about him to know his love is as genuine as it gets.
>>
>>142435199
>Kaworu is supposed to be a very angelic angel, in contrast with the hellspawn that are the rest of the angels
That doesn't necessitate anything more than design to be conveyed.

Everything about Kaworu's character is sufficiently sketched in the episode while at the same time retaining the angel attack structure and their to-the-point fast paced advancement towards Terminal Dogma. He really didn't need any more focus than 20 minutes, because his role in the story is only important as a foil to Shinji. He doesn't get studied like Rei, Asuka or Misato, and the series never intended for him to be.
>>
>>142435198
>He doesn't create any loving atmosphere but literally ignores Shinji all the time
You're kidding me, Shinji only manages to smile on 3.0 on Kaworu scenes. You could argue that it is not a selfless love but that bears no importance on this discussion.
>>
>>142435334
He gets studied as much as the final boss, and main insight into the angels should be. And it's more than sufficient to consider him a character.

The show is about humans, not the angels. For the time he is allotted he has an established motivation, nature, personality, and mindset. And that's more than you can say for some of the other minor characters in the show which 100x more screentime with him.
But I never see you shitting on them. Hmm.
>>
>>142435177
>No he doesn't, you fucking retard.
Aliens have no moral obligation to kill a foreign race, lions have no moral obligation to not kill other animals for food, you have no moral obligation to not step on ants and kill them because you can't even see them when you walk on the ground.

Yes he fucking does, you absolute retard. Let me break it down to you.

Aliens do have a moral obligation to not kill a foreign race. Keep in mind that as far as morals go, we're using human morals because you literally don't know of any other moral set and probably never will. Killing them pointlessly is wrong, the moral good is to let them live or even help them.

Lions on the other hand, need to kill for food.

Then you're damned right you shouldn't just step on insects just because they are puny. If they are a threat, the moral equation changes a bit of course. But you don't have to go out of your way to find an anthill and trample everything you see, that makes you a sadist and on the wrong end of the moral scale.

It doesn't matter if the species is foreign, and especially considering how compatible the species are, being able to communicate in full. Kaworu isn't exempt from human moral, but just like humans, he may or may not follow it.

>Source on this?
The original series. Kaworu is spoonfed everything by SEELE in their scene together.

He is a puppet as he is literally sent there to do SEELE's bidding, and lo and behold, he does. Even if he randomly meets other people and talks with them for a second, he still chooses to do their bidding and die as they had intended.

Kaworu has no birds eye view. He knows nothing and is in Evangelion fooled by everyone and everything, because he is an amoral retard.
>>
>>142435359
So what if he smiles? The people who dined at Hannibal Lecters were having a jolly good time as well. The fact is that Kaworu is a dishonest monster.

That's a fact, not something you can debate but have to accept right here and now. Shinji's smile only means that Shinji, the poor kid, has fallen for the trap.
>>
>>142435473
I'm not "shitting" on him. Jesus fucking Christ you people turne everything into characterfag wars. I don't fucking care about "being fair" to the characters or whatever bullcrap your shitty discussions revolve around, I look at Eva as a fictional work. And in that context, the purpose of the Kaworu character was sufficiently fulfilled by episode 24. His character didn't need "fixing" in the way you made it sound.
>>
>>142435473
Not that guy, but Kaworu's motivation, nature and personality is nebulous at best. Even the fans of the character don't actually get the character.

So if Kensuke didn't get the attention Shinji did, fine. You don't see Kensukefags shit up threads or claim Kensuke is super-deep. It also helps that Kensuke didn't try to destroy the goddamned world.

That guy wasn't shitting on Kaworu, he was just telling you the objective truth about the character.
>>
>>142435485
>we're using human morals
And there you go. Kaworu isn't a human so this doesn't fucking apply retard.

>Killing them pointlessly is wrong, the moral good is to let them live or even help them.
Good thing Kaworu does neither of these things then.

>need to kill for food
>If they are a threat
And this is why Kaworu was going to destroy them in the first place. For the survival of his race and because they are a threat to his race.
It is morally sound according to your logic, and even despite that he decides to let them live.

Kaworu confirmed for Jesus-tier kind.

>Kaworu is spoonfed everything by SEELE in their scene together.
He's spoonfed about their plan. Before talking to them Kaworu already makes his own statements about humans vs. gods. After their conversation Kaworu states that everything is going as they plan.
He's already steps ahead of them. He knows what's going to go down and let's himself go with the flow anyway. He absolutely has birds eye view.

He doesn't do SEELE's bidding, or else he wouldn't make a connection with Shinji. He wouldn't TELL REI WHO SHE REALLY IS, which leads her to awakening her AT Field and Lilith nature in the first place.
SEELE would never tell Kaworu to do that, he did it of his own free will.

Kaworu is called the angel of free will for a reason. He decides the fate of his race with the pieces he is given and decides how he will go out.
It doesn't get more birds eye view than that.
>>
>>142435556
>boo hoo, a character is portrayed as unlikeable and antithetical to the protagnoists
>that makes him shitty or whatever

Did you clap at the end of Batman too? Chill out.
>>
>>142435818
>boo hoo somone called out kaworu for the shitty representation of a person he is
Stop crying. Kaworu is fucking shite, deal with it.
>>
>>142435631
Calm down, I wasn't even the anon who made that 3.0 comment.

I agree with you that Kaworu was great and beyond in episode 24.
>>
>>142435812
>He absolutely has birds eye view.
This, he's pretty Dr Manhattan-ish.
Especially since it's implied that he has knowledge of the different timelines.
>>
>>142435893
By Super Robot Wars.
>>
>>142435691
>You don't see Kensukefags shit up threads or claim Kensuke is super-deep
That's because Kensuke has no fans because he has no substance as a character.

Even a 9-minute character made more of an impact (lel) than him.
>>
>>142435887
The fact that a fictional portrayal of a character manages to get such an emotional response out of you is just a testament to the genius of Kaworu.
>>
File: 1464593849946.jpg (968KB, 1577x2216px) Image search: [Google]
1464593849946.jpg
968KB, 1577x2216px
>>142428510
Got ya meight
>>
File: jqZkaen.png (221KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
jqZkaen.png
221KB, 500x375px
>>142435887
If a villain makes you this uncontrollably angry and raw with human emotion, than it only proves that Kaworu was ultimately successful and is a fantastic character.
Thanks for confirming it.
>>
>>142435812
>And there you go. Kaworu isn't a human so this doesn't fucking apply retard.
He doesn't have to be human, you fucking moron. Human morals, or just "morals" as we put it, only applies from a perspective standpoint. He is never exempt from them despite not being human. Just like we apply morals to animals, we also apply them to Kaworu, who is humanoid.

>Good thing Kaworu does neither of these things then.
He attacks Shinji and betrays him, and threatens to destroy the world. Not a nice thing to do.

>And this is why Kaworu was going to destroy them in the first place. For the survival of his race and because they are a threat to his race.
Humanity doesn't pose a threat to him. If he wasn't such a puppet, he could have ended SEELE right there and then, taking out all of the hydra's heads. Fact is he doesn't even care if they're a threat, and even if they were, he could just have buzzed off into space and left them alone. He never ever thinks of them as a threat, not a single thought or utterance.

The fact that Kaworu attacked and threatened to destroy mankind, and betrayed someone he said he loved for apparently no good reason, is why he's a monster.

>b-but humans can be monsters too
No shit. Kaworu isn't an exemption for that reason.
>>
>>142435952
>>142436015
>lol u mad

Hey, I'm the one calling Kaworu a villain in the first place, and you're the one's ass-angry about it.
>>
File: 00h37m48s686.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
00h37m48s686.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>ISHIDA
>Nagisa Kaworu understands most things, he knows everything and has absolute freedom of action. He seems rather capricious, donโ€™t you think? He acts on the knowledge of the purpose of his existence, but itโ€™s not like he can control everything. He clashes with Gendou and Seele and co. who are acting on their own understanding of the world, Kaworu has a sort of birdโ€™s-eye-view of it all, but even in that role, heโ€™s not in a position of control.

I don't think it's a coincidence that every time I talk with a buttblasted Reifag about my husbando I end up finding more reasons to love him even more. Is this what Master Anno intended?
>>
>>142436141
I'm this guy though: >>142434227

Kaworu is even more based than that faggot from Monster. Thanks for opening my eyes, Reifag-kun!
>>
>>142435952
>>142436015
No one gives a shit about Kaworu. They give a shit that retards like you pretend he's something else than presented in the original series. He is a plot device, one-shot shallow character, and he is for all intents and purposes, a villain. Bot as the antagonist to mankind, and as a metaphorical antagonist representing unhealthy relationships among people.

That doesn't make me mad at all, that's just who Kaworu is. He doesn't need to be deep or well-made, he just needs to work as that sort of plot device - and he does.

So why are you mad?
>>
get in here

http://vee.scay.net
>>
>>142436153
That is a quote concerning Q, not the original. In Rebuild he is quite obviously made more aware of what's going on, no doubt about that at all. But in the original, he was an ignorant puppet.

It's not a coincidence that every Kaworu fan are either liars, cheats or just downright unintelligent people.
>>
>>142436210
The antagonist in monster is quite obviously a monster metaphorically speaking, and so are many other antagonists. Kaworu isn't any different, often monsters have charm.

It's just sad that Kaworu fans are only into the character for BL.
>>
>>142436253
>and as a metaphorical antagonist representing unhealthy relationships among people.
This anime is *about* unhealthy relationships. How do you figure he represents an antagonist representing "unhealthy relationships"? You don't get Evangelion at all.
>>
>>142436098
>only applies from a perspective standpoint
And you, the insignificant human, are below the comprehension and understand of a superior being like an alien. Therefore your mere mortal standards don't apply to Kaworu.

>Just like we apply morals to animals
But we don't. When humans kill each other we scorn them and call them monsters, but when spiders kill each other we call it part of their nature and a way of life.
The morals change for the being.

>Not a nice thing to do
Maybe in your insignificant eyes. But in the eyes of an angel like Ramiel, it's more than justified.

>Humanity doesn't pose a threat to him
They do because they killed his children and captured him in fucking Antarctica and have enslaved him ever since.
SEELE's goal is to destroy all the angels, they'd go after him regardless if he attacked them or not.

>he could have ended SEELE right there and then
Why? Why should he do that? He doesn't care either way about SEELE. In fact, he may even like them because he seems to enjoy their philosophical if not dreary conversations with him about humanity.
He has no obligation to do anything. He's an angel in his home town and he will do whatever suits him, and that's exactly what he does.

He's no monster, he's simply above you.
>>
File: tampons.jpg (107KB, 377x343px) Image search: [Google]
tampons.jpg
107KB, 377x343px
>>142436153
>talk about NGE Kaworu
>posts a rebuild quote
>from a voice actor who doesn't care about the character he voices

Apparently Kaworu fans are retarded.
>>
File: AllAboutKaworu_05.jpg (705KB, 3442x2295px) Image search: [Google]
AllAboutKaworu_05.jpg
705KB, 3442x2295px
>>142436253
You have more to say about Kaworu than you do about someone like Kensuke.
And that already makes him more than brilliant enough.

Who would've thought a 10 minute one-shot character like Kaworu would have so much impact around the world? It's amazing.
>>
>>142436461
>This anime is *about* unhealthy relationships. How do you figure he represents an antagonist representing "unhealthy relationships"? You don't get Evangelion at all.

More like you don't even get what you're writing. Evangelion is a lot about unhealthy relationships, and Kaworu is the "final boss" of unhealthy relationships.
>>
>>142436354
He knows even less than he did in NGE.
>>
>>142436522
The quote applies regardless. In the same quote he says NGE and Rebuild Kaworu are one in the same.
And Ishida is just repeating what Anno told him.
>>
File: Kaworu's fans.jpg (490KB, 1728x2295px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu's fans.jpg
490KB, 1728x2295px
>>142436446
>only into the character for BL.
Nah.
>>
>>142436473
>And you, the insignificant human, are below the comprehension and understand of a superior being like an alien. Therefore your mere mortal standards don't apply to Kaworu.
The "insignificant humans" comprehended and understood more than kaworu ever did in his entire screentime in NGE+EoE. The moral standards apply to Kaworu, by human morals he is a monster despite not being human. It's that simple.

>But we don't. When humans kill each other we scorn them and call them monsters, but when spiders kill each other we call it part of their nature and a way of life.

But oh yes, we do. Spiders or other animals kill each other for food, and we don't blame them for that. We do it too, after all. However, we do apply moral standards to humans. We find some penguins disgusting for being pedophiles and necrophiliacs, and we shudder at the thought of e.g orca kill squads.

The morals do not just change for the being, but the situation. In NGE, we have a situation where Kaworu is conscious on the level of a human. Moral standards apply.

>Maybe in your insignificant eyes. But in the eyes of an angel like Ramiel, it's more than justified.
Ramiel never expresses any opinion whatsoever. Stop making up shit or thinking on some monsters behalf.

>They do because they killed his children and captured him in fucking Antarctica and have enslaved him ever since.
Kaworu doesn't care at all, doesn't even offer it a thought.
>SEELE's goal is to destroy all the angels, they'd go after him regardless if he attacked them or not.
So how do they go after him if they're dead again? Didn't think that through, did you?

He is below any human and he is a monster.

>BUT MY KAOWRU CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS
He will be judged for what he does, and why he does it. He is by moral standards, a monster and a villain.
>>
>>142436651
The quote obviously doesn't apply because it's referring a different story that contradicts the one we're talking about.
>>
>>142436592
>and Kaworu is the "final boss" of unhealthy relationships.
How do you figure? Forgetting the part about lying to Shinji, Kaworu is the one that understands and connects with Shinji the best. This is intended.
>>
>>142436603
In NGE he didn't know anything besides what SEELE told him, he doesn't know about Shinji or anyone else. But in 3.0, he does and has an actual birds eye view due to experience. In NGE, he has nothing and is basically a puppet doing what SEELE wants.

Try again.
>>
File: an island in a sea of faggotry.jpg (208KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
an island in a sea of faggotry.jpg
208KB, 1440x1080px
On review, turns out Kensuke is pretty great.
>>
File: GTA T3.jpg (56KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
GTA T3.jpg
56KB, 400x556px
We have threads and threads of posts dedicated to just talking about Kaworu and people still claim he's somehow more shallow than Kensuke, Maya, Hyuga, or Aoba?

Give me a break. For a minor character with the screentime he got he's fucking legendary.
Even now people have got him on their minds and emotionally react to him, where with the other minor characters you don't get more than a sentence about them from people.

I couldn't give less of a shit about this whole waifu and characterfag shit but personally after reading this thread I like him a lot more now.
>>
>>142436947
>forgetting the part about lying
Why would we forget that? Because it doesn't fit the yaoi narrative or something? It's what happened and can't be ignored.

Then he didn't even connect. They don't understand each other, there's just a superficial pretense of thinking that they do. Kaworu betrays Shinji and destroys him emotionally, and Shinji has absolutely no clue who Kaworu is until it's far too late.

The connection is superficial, toxic, and dangerous for both parties, making him the final boss of bad relationships.
>>
>>142436914
Ishida doesn't make any distinction between Rebuild Kaworu and NGE Kaworu in that entire interview.
>>
>>142436999
Except the discussion is largely about how retarded and dumb Kaworu fans are. It's downright shameful that every time they have to be lectured about how bad Kaworu is. We aren't discussing his character, we're discussing the LACK of character and more or less lecturing Kaworufags on their own favorite character!

They don't react emotionally to Kaworu. Kaworufags react to people not giving a fuck about Kaworu, and the people in return react to Kaworufags being morons.

>I couldn't give less of a shit about this whole waifu and characterfag shit but personally after reading this thread I like him a lot more now.
t.Kaworufag
>>
>>142436975
Did he actually affect the show in any way?
>>
>>142436969
He knew everything beyond what SEELE told him.
They said humans should rely on the angels and are imperfect beings who should be changed.
Kaworu thought they were perfect as they were as he told Shinji.
He bonded with Shinji on his own will.
He told Rei about her true self as Lilith, giving her the tools to go against Gendo and co. on his own will.
He knows where Adam is and where Lilith is. He knows their plans and where they will go from here.

In 3.0, he's played like a fiddle by Gendo and doesn't give a shit about anything but Shinji. He doesn't even care about humanity like he did in NGE.
>>
>>142437074
Son, are you retarded? What is linear progression? Let's say they are the same character coming from NGE, that would automatically mean that he's changed from NGE. So anything he says about Rebuild Kaworu doesn't retroactively apply, especially because he makes the point that the cycles have had an effect on Kaworu.

But all that is irrelevant when considering the fact that canon, on-screen information > uncanonical voice actor commentary. NGE directly demonstrates that Kaworu doesn't know anything besides what SEELE told him, and it demonstrates that he does their bidding. It demonstrates that he gets mislead by SEELE.

Real talk:
Why are you so dumb, Kaworufag? Why do you keep making up shit? Don't you realize that by trying to bluff your way into an argument means you will ALWAYS lose? Welcome to /a/ cock-gobbler, you don't get away with that shit here.
>>
>>142437039
>Then he didn't even connect.
Exactly! You undestand the genius behind Kaworu.
Shinji feels at ease with Kaworu because Kaworu doesn't approach Shinji enough. That's the whole thesis of Evangelion, the whole porcupine dilemma shit. Everyone who feels something to Shinji ends up hurting Shinji as they attempt to get close to him. Yet Kaworu seemingly approaches Shinji without him being hurt. If you were a smart viewer, you'd figure out something was up.

And then at the end, when Kaworu was at his most vulnerable, they both get hurt rather brutally. All as Shinji discovered the grim side of Kaworu i.e. as he actually managed to tear Kaworu's barrier and approach him.

How is any of this not cool as all shit?
>>
>>142436840
If you don't blame spiders for killing each other out of survival, then you wouldn't blame Kaworu for killing humanity for his survival.

Nevertheless, he makes the decision that they will be the ones to survive, and wants Shinji to cement that final decision as the representative of humanity.
>>
>>142437236
>He knew everything beyond what SEELE told him.
[Citation needed]

>They said humans should rely on the angels and are imperfect beings who should be changed.
>Kaworu thought they were perfect as they were as he told Shinji.
Canonically inaccuarate, as Kaworu agrees and acknowledges Shinji's fragility of the heart. You're also quoting things that were never actually said.

>He bonded with Shinji on his own will.
Not a point.

>He told Rei about her true self as Lilith, giving her the tools to go against Gendo and co. on his own will.
Again misquoting, he didn't tell Rei anything even close to that specific nor did he prompt anything Rei hadn't prompted in the previous episodes.

>He knows where Adam is and where Lilith is. He knows their plans and where they will go from here.
Apparently not, since he fucks up about Adam's location.

>In 3.0, he's played like a fiddle by Gendo and doesn't give a shit about anything but Shinji. He doesn't even care about humanity like he did in NGE.
He got played like a fiddle in both, and never gave a shit about anything, including Shinji. Otherwise he wouldn't have betrayed Shinji or left him to rot in 3.0.

Kaworu is 100% yaoi fluff and nothing more.
>>
File: smug faggot.png (827KB, 1184x900px) Image search: [Google]
smug faggot.png
827KB, 1184x900px
>>142437127
You're the only one in the thread trying to convince everyone that Kaworu is bad.
You're a butthurt waifufag and Kaworu makes you upset.

He's a success as a character and even more. Nothing lacking there, and your human reaction to him proves it.
He is able to draw strong emotion out of you, and that makes him brilliant.
>>
>>142437267
No one is saying they are actually the same character.
We're saying that Ishida considers them the same in that interview.

Learn2read autistic degenerate.
>>
>>142437303
A lot of things in Evangelion is genius, and I won't say that Kaworu's appearance isn't. However, he is a poor and shitty character, and that's intentional perhaps.

>Shinji feels at ease with Kaworu because Kaworu doesn't approach Shinji enough.
He's pretty touchy feely and insquisitive, so not true.

It's not cool because Kaworu is still a shitty character and it's not about Kaworu, it's about Shinji and the story with the other characters. Kaworu is a monster of the week. It's time Kaworufags accepted that.
>>
>>142437451
>He's pretty touchy feely and insquisitive, so not true.
That's why I argue he was better portrayed on Eva 3.0
I think he needed more time to breathe as a character.
>>
>>142436975
The pic is kinda funny when there's such a heated discussion right now itt
>>
>>142437439
No, you learn to read. The implication is not that they are the same character, because - as I said, the differences between them make that undeniably clear.

Not only that, it does specifically refer to them being the same character coming from the other series, as in Kaworu is NGE's Kaworu moved into Rebuild after x amount of cycles. This is the gist of the interview.

Learn2read autistic degenerate.
>>
>>142437521
>That's why I argue he was better portrayed on Eva 3.0
Which is a failed argument for the aforementioned reasons. It fails to reach any conclusion the original did with the character, and that's horrible considering there was less time in the original to spare.

Kaworu in 3.0 is a disaster of pandering and cheap characterization basing itself completely on contemporary moe.
>>
>>142437379
>[Citation needed]
In every single scene in episode 24.

>as Kaworu agrees and acknowledges Shinji's fragility of the heart
And according to Kaworu, that is what makes Shinji perfect dumb dumb.
And yes, SEELE did say they were dissatisfied with Lilin. That's why they lie to Kaworu and say they will rely on him. Kaworu smirks at the end of their conversation and says everything is going according to the Lilin's plan.
He knows what is up and is always one step ahead of everyone.

>Not a point.
It is a point. Kaworu is called the angel of free will because he is doing things and making decisions of his own free will.
He tells Rei what she is and this is the sole factor which allows her to deploy her AT Field and understand who she is at the end of the episode.
She has Kaworu to thank for that, instead of waiting another 23 episodes to figure it out herself.

>He got played like a fiddle in both, and never gave a shit about anything, including Shinji
He got played like a fiddle in 3.0 and actually gave a shit.
In NGE he knew what was going down and didn't care. But he genuinely cares about Shinji in both. His care for Shinji just isn't human, so he can't understand that he's hurting him.
Even Kaworu and the angels are victim to the hedgehog dilemma.

>is yaoi fluff
Funny you keep bringing this up, when the only thing 'yaoi' in episode 24 is all of Shinji's actions towards Kaworu, not Kaworu's.
>>
File: smug asuka.jpg (8KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
smug asuka.jpg
8KB, 248x233px
>>142437388
Nope. It's Kaworufags being upset that Kaworu is bad and that it's being made clear. You're a butthurt Kaworufag who can't deal with Kaworu being shit.

Kaworu doesn't draw strong emotions out of me, I don't care, and that upsets you. Just like you can see from earlier in the thread when a Kaworufag threw an autistic rage fit because people went "lol, who cares" at his death.

Now stop being a butthurt child please, that's what upsets me if anything.
>>
>>142437451
How is he a poor and shitty character when he successfully delivers a point and meets every objective that his character was meant to achieve in the show?
No Kaworufag denies he's a monster of the week. Everyfag knows his impact goes beyond that, and the threads show.
We have 500 post discussions about him, not other angels like Sachiel or other minor character like Maya.

We're able to have these long conversations about Kaworu because he has enough substance to instigate them. The other minor characters who have a hundred fold times more screentime than him don't. And that's saying something.

Kaworu can only be construed as a great character in this light.
>>
>>142437689
>In every single scene in episode 24.
[Citation needed]

>And according to Kaworu, that is what makes Shinji perfect dumb dumb.
and according to me, and the canonical version of the series, it gives SEELE right in what they were saying. It also means you're wrong. Woops! Might want to go back to tumblr!

>And yes, SEELE did say they were dissatisfied with Lilin. That's why they lie to Kaworu and say they will rely on him. Kaworu smirks at the end of their conversation and says everything is going according to the Lilin's plan.
>He knows what is up and is always one step ahead of everyone.

HAHAHAAHAHA no. Nice fanwank. He's not one step ahead of anyone, he gets blown the fuck out by SEELE and NERV; that being their plan the entire fucking time.

>We pray that EVA01 completes it's task
--SEELE, as EVA01 descends to kill Kaworu.

Kaworu is a retarded puppet and it's so sad that Kaworufags have to invent a whole different character. He's just a projection device.
>>
>>142437547
Confirmed for being illiterate?
Dumbass, I'm saying Akira Ishida calls them the same character. Not that they actually are the same character.

Therefore his quote, which was stated during Q-time still applies to NGE. According to him, at least.
>>
>>142437734
If he didn't draw strong emotions out of you, you wouldn't have anything to be upset about retard.

A drawing on a piece of paper has infuriated you. Anno is literally laughing into your double chin.
>>
File: A_Smile_of_Betrayal.png (788KB, 985x644px) Image search: [Google]
A_Smile_of_Betrayal.png
788KB, 985x644px
>>142437839
>he gets blown the fuck out by SEELE and NERV
He looks pretty fucking satisfied here to me.
>>
>>142437804
>How is he a poor and shitty character when he successfully delivers a point and meets every objective that his character was meant to achieve in the show?
Because so does a EVA unit or a doorknob. When it comes to being a good character, something more applies, like having actual development and characterization good enough for the character to stand on it's own.

Ramiel, Armisael, Sahaquiel etc are all as good characters as Kaworu were.

>No Kaworufag denies he's a monster of the week. Everyfag knows his impact goes beyond that, and the threads show.
Kaworufags deny it constantly, as this thread proves. Everyfag knows that his impact exists only because he panders to a niche, which is gay fantasy, and second because he's the director's favorite and thus gets tons of pandering.

We don't have 500 post discussions about Kaworu, please read the fucking thread. We have 500 post discussions about how retarded kaworufags are, their poor understanding and lies being exposed left and right. Every single time.

Right now, we're discussing how retarded you are , not Kaworu.
>>
>>142437871
Confirmed for being illiterate?
Dumbass, I'm saying Akira Ishida calls them the same character as in he comes from NGE. That they actually are the same character and you are to think of him as that..
Therefore his quote, which was stated during Q-time doesn't apply to NGE. According to him, at least.

Just making it a point that you're literally fanwanking and misreading a voice actor interview that isn't even CANONICAL to the original. Whine as much as you want, Kaworu was an ignorant moron in NGE who was at best only capable of parroting SEELE.
>>
>>142437985
So he's a masochist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfSVs1xjb0Q&t=1m06s

or the more likely explanation, a clueless moron.
>>
>>142437996
>like having actual development and characterization good enough for the character to stand on it's own
And in the span of 10 minutes, he accomplishes this beyond expectation.
To the point where he has even more depth to the other minor characters that appear in almost every episode. Fancy that.

His impact exists because his episode and presence had impact. His death scene is the most famous in the series, his lines and scenes are references in other media and Anime constantly.
He stuck with viewers, and for more than just the homosexual overtones. Which were mostly brought on by Shinji anyway.

We've gone through posts talking about Kaworu, the only one talking about Kaworufags is you. And even then you only mention them in a sentence or two.
The rest of your posts are dedicated to Kaworu's character.
We don't get things like that for Kensuke, Maya, or the other minor characters with more screentime.
But we get them for the character that showed up for 9 minutes.
He's great. I really don't blame the nips for loving him.
>>
>>142437871
Anon, you misunderstood entirely that interview. Akira Ishida is talking about cycles Kaworu has been through, and to consider Kaworu in Rebuild as a progression of NGE's Kaworu.

But is that really necessary to point out? Because last I checked, Kaworu wasn't standing around knowing Shinji before he actually met him in NGE. He learns as he goes in NGE, in Rebuild he appears to know more. At this point you're just retarded.
>>
>>142438137
He said everything is going according the to Lilin's plan all the way in the lake scene.
He knew what was going down and in the flow of things he made the decision out of his free will to die by Shinji's hand rather than live his destiny as an immortal.
>>
>>142438072
>>142438271
>Akira Ishida calls them the same character as in he comes from NGE
Uh, that's what I just said?
You really can't read, huh.
>>
>>142438239
>And in the span of 10 minutes, he accomplishes this beyond expectation.
No, he doesn't. He lacks any development, any real start, beginning or end. Compare with any of the other main character who has extensive backstories, development and conclusions

>He stuck with viewers, and for more than just the homosexual overtones. Which were mostly brought on by Shinji anyway.
No, it was just for that niche alone and nothing more. It's Kaworu, not Shinji. Easy as.

>We've gone through posts talking about Kaworu, the only one talking about Kaworufags is you. And even then you only mention them in a sentence or two.
>The rest of your posts are dedicated to Kaworu's character.

No, it's dedicated to your retardation. It only visits Kaworu for brief moments because of retarded Kaworufags such as yourself pretending that Kaworu is something he isn't. That said, minute for minute, he has more than the minor characters, even the bridge bunnies. No one pretends Maya is an amazing character, or any of the other Angels. But kaworufags do, and only because he's a yaoi magnet.
>>
File: 30905263.jpg (350KB, 1182x968px) Image search: [Google]
30905263.jpg
350KB, 1182x968px
>>142437734
Asuka is even more shit than Kaworu because we have to deal with her for longer.
>>
>>142438304
>He said everything is going according the to Lilin's plan all the way in the lake scene.
>He knew what was going down and in the flow of things he made the decision out of his free will to die by Shinji's hand rather than live his destiny as an immortal.
Nice fanwank. He didn't know shit, because he's confused as fuck by the end of the episode and actually mistakes Lilith for Adam.

Stop making up shit. He's a fucking retard.
>>
>>142438239
Yeah, no. He didn't become a great character, he's worse and at best on par with the minor characters in terms of depth/characterization etc...

His "impact" exists purely because he's pandered to yaoi-lovers, and that's especially true today. Just look at all the merchandise and pandering. He is still objectively and measurably less popular than any of the other non-mc main characters as well.

Kaworu is factually a shallow character and you need to stop pretending otherwise. I at least don't care about Kaworu, I care that Kaworufags are shitting up threads with bullshit.

>>142438355
You have zero reading comprehension apparently.
>>
>>142437131
He's an early element of the comfort Shinji settles into in the first act and one of the first parts he loses or becomes alienated from in the run to the end.

>>142437523
Yeah, it's chill, come on over.
>>
File: zetsubouworu.jpg (42KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
zetsubouworu.jpg
42KB, 1024x576px
>>142438421
>He lacks any development, any real start, beginning or end
Dumbass, he starts off with his appreciation of Lilin. He learns of Shinji's plight and the hidden beauty in humanity, questions if he really should go through with his mission, and finally decides with his free will to let Shinji destroy him.
He developed from prioritizing the angels' survival to prioritizing the lilin's survival.

Compare this with Kensuke, Maya, Hyuga, and Aoba and let's see who has more depth despite these minor characters showing up in almost every episode whereas the minor character Kaworu shows up in only one.

>No, it was just for that niche alone and nothing more
If that was the case then Kaworu would be remember and referenced for "yaoi" bits, not his quotes, death scene, and non-yaoi scenes dealing with the human plight.
We wouldn't have statements on him having a male fanbase of famous male actors and manga/LN writers who address liking him for things that never mention yaoi. We wouldn't have statements on a huge following on him from younger boys if it was just yaoi.
The yaoi comes from Shinji's actions.
There is no niche, there's genuine kindness that Kaworu shows towards Shinji. But Kaworu is remembered as a character even beyond that aspect of him.

No one is saying Kaworu is the best character ever, try and find a Kaworufag who says he's the best written character in Eva. You won't, because he's not. No one thinks so. But he is well written nonetheless and has an impact that has not gone away after all these years despite his screentime.
It's commendable and rather astonishing at how successful and legendary he is.
>>
>>142438355
0/10, try reading it again. Why is every Kaworufag borderline retarded? If we wanted to make the eva threads better, we could make it a reality by gassing all the kaworufags.

>>142438304
>He said everything is going according the to Lilin's plan all the way in the lake scene.
Yes, because he's their puppet.

>He knew what was going down and in the flow of things he made the decision out of his free will to die by Shinji's hand rather than live his destiny as an immortal.
He had no idea what was going down, which is why he goes down there like a fool and gets killed by EVA01, which is literally what SEELE had hoped to achieve by sending him there. He even thinks Lilith is Adam.

Just think about this for a second, if you have to pretend SO HARD that Kaworu is different than what the series presented him as, do you even like Kaworu? Because here's the lowdown:

Nobody does. They're in it for waifu/husbandofaggotry. Kaworu's character is as shallow and vapid as they come, and it rides entirely on potential underaged homoerotica.
>>
>>142438617
Of all the characters, Kesuke is probably the most relatable one. Him and Touji, but I doubt any of us can claim to be athletic. They're the ordinary Joes that Shinji desperately needed in his life.
>>
>>142438482
If he's confused then why does he say he understands the Lilin right after seeing Lilith?
>>
>>142438617
>that one chapter Eva became Brokeback Mountain
>>
>>142438581
see >>142438695
No one ever argued he's on par with the main characters with depth like Misato Shinji and Asuka. I never once compared him to them, only the minor ones.
I'm saying as a minor character, and for what he is, he's great. And that's a clear fact seeing his impact not only on the show but the audience as well.
You don't see the same with the other minor characters like the bridge bunnies because they really didn't have any substance to them despite their massive amount of screentime.
>>
>>142438695
okay, so
>he starts off with his appreciation of lilin
>ends with his apprecation of lilin
Holy fuck. That's what I said. No fucking development.

You are literally comparing Kaworu to side characteres that have less screentime than Kaworu. This is all the argument one needs to make it damningly clear just how fucking shallow Kaworu is.

>If that was the case then Kaworu would be remember and referenced for "yaoi" bits, not his quotes, death scene, and non-yaoi scenes dealing with the human plight.
That is the exact case. His quotes, death scene is all remembered for it's yaoi implications. Nothing else. No one cares about him dealing with a human or angel plight, because the series never goes into depth with them. He asks a single question of it all, and never contemplates it along with the viewer.

Basically, you are fanwanking a character that doesn't exist.

Here's what you need to accept:

Kaworu is a shitty character who is only popular or defended for yaoi qualities. Deep inside you, you know it's the fucking truth. You know you're gorging yourself on doujins, homoerotic fanart of Kaworu and even hanging on /cm/, a BL haven.

The success and "legend" of Kaworu is nothing more than the equivalent of a forced meme, he's being carried by being surrounded by far superior characters and by playing to a shallow niche.
>>
>>142438754
Saying you understand != Understanding

Also the point was that he didn't understand everything from the get go. If he only understands something when he's about to die, that is proof that he was ignorant of what was going on since the start.
>>
>>142438838
>You don't see the same with the other minor characters like the bridge bunnies
The other minor characters don't play to a niche like he does. They're supposed to be normal people and to not stand out. They aren't supposed to tap into a yaoi market or popular segment of japanese otaku culture.

Now see >>142438695
who greatly overstates Kaworu's importance. Here's what I want you to address:

Kaworu fans such as yourself are only overconfident today because of the massive pandering you've received, a pandering that has hollowed out any depth or substance Evangelion once had.
Basically, you would do better in admitting that than pretending it's a natural occurrence based on character quality.

If Anno had done his best to crap on Kaworu and he'd still retain popularity, I'd have some respect, but seeing as the opposite is the case, I don't. You are and always will be, some sort of parasites that feeds on quality and shits moe.
>>
File: nagisa.kaworu_30597.jpg (668KB, 1280x1836px) Image search: [Google]
nagisa.kaworu_30597.jpg
668KB, 1280x1836px
>>142438883
>You are literally comparing Kaworu to side characteres that have less screentime than Kaworu.
Those side characters all have 80x more screentime than the side character Kaworu, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>142439148
They don't. They're spread extremely thin over a handful of episodes, and they are never given any sort of focus. In other words, they only appear as flexible plot devices over the course of the series, while Kaworu is a plot device for a single episode.

You're setting the bar extremely low when comparing Kaworu to a bridge bunny. The bar really is that low though. Kaworu doesn't reach any higher. The worst is that you know that this is the truth. You just don't want to accept it.

Kaworu is and will be for all foreseeable future, a presence that only erodes and worsens Evangelion. It's the writers fault, but also people like you for brainlessly buying into it. The thrill of homo pandering in a huge, acknowledged and acclaimed franchise is literally the only reason you're here.

Admit it.
>>
File: 1440808647541.jpg (849KB, 2000x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1440808647541.jpg
849KB, 2000x1347px
>>142438730
The best bros an unstable, introverted chosen one could hope for. 8/10, would underage drink under a bridge with.
>>
>>142438883
Everyone is pretty much indifferent to Kaworu or likes him. You're really the only one here who is so buttravaged to despise a cartoon drawing.
And every single post you go on about yaoi, so I theorize your hate for him stems from shipping or some insecure homo feelings you have from getting raped by your weird uncle.
Which one is it?
>>
>>142439613
I missed they weren't mentioned and/or appeared again at the end of the show. Not even in EoE, man.
>>
>>142438705
Anon, since you're having such a hard time remembering episode 24 let me explain it to you slowly.
Be careful you don't misunderstand, I know words are confusing for you.

Kaworu is told Adam is with Gendo, he is told to merge with Adam.
Kaworu sees Misato and says everything is going according to how the Lilin wish. He wouldn't say that if he thought SEELE was on his side.
He senses a big presence in terminal dogma, he assumes it can only be Adam (with Gendo?)
He sees Lilith, something he had no idea even was in terminal dogma let alone in one piece.
It is here where he says: I UNDERSTAND NOW, LILIN.
He literally understands. Do you know what the word understands mean? Take your time, I know it's difficult.
Here he makes the decision to let Shinji kill him. Of his own free will.
Because he decides that the Lilin deserve to exist more than him. Not because SEELE told him to, not because someone told him to, but because he himself believes so from meeting Shinji.
He tells Shinji to destroy him as he desires.

He is the angel of free will and is given full reign over how he perishes, which is what he wanted.

You only see Kaworu for Shinji's homosexual reactions to him, because you're shallow and vapid and probably a closet faggot. Sorry.
>>
File: He sees your dick.gif (991KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
He sees your dick.gif
991KB, 500x375px
>>142438883
>His quotes, death scene is all remembered for it's yaoi implications
So do you just see yaoi in everything even if its completely unrelated?
Are you a closet fujo? I think so!

All joking aside, the celebrity male fans that talk about him in the picture posted above that praise him don't talk about any yaoi, his references in other Anime don't talk about any yaoi.
Those scenes and quotes have nothing to do with yaoi, they're almost all about something philosophical or the human condition.
I think you need to take those fujo goggles off, faggot.

>>142438923
So in other words, he developed from understanding some things to understanding everything.

>>142439075
>The other minor characters don't play to a niche like he does
Either does he if there is evidence in this thread of a male fanbase that never once mentions anything yaoi when they talk about him.
Some of these fags are even famous, the fucking creator of Welcome to the NHK is up there. He says Kaworu is his favorite character, and I really doubt he cares for BL.

Basically, you're a closet faggot who is upset because Kaworu did something to your dick.
His character is linked to the entire revelation between the Angels and Humans built up throughout the entire series and all you can think about is how Shinji kept blushing at Kaworu's cock.

Pray the gay away or something. Get over yourself.

>>142439317
They do.
These characters appear in every single episode and had every opportunity to be given depth or meaning had Anno wanted them to.
They aren't even plot devices because they don't affect the plot at all.
They however are the minor characters in Evangelion. So is Kaworu. Naturally, it is wise to compare them to one another.
Here we see that a group of minor characters who get a lot of screentime are shallow. And one minor character who gets very little isn't in comparison. In fact, he has enough of a presence to even stand among the main characters in terms of popularity and iconic
Thread posts: 531
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.