[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was this kid's problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Shinji being a bitch.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji being a bitch.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
What was this kid's problem?
>>
He was really gay.
>>
Human intimacy is the scariest thing on this planet
>>
>>142137183
Your filename says it. He's a giant bitch.
>>
Daddy issues turn to crippling depression
>>
Daddy issues
>>
File: cantadvance6.jpg (117KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
cantadvance6.jpg
117KB, 550x309px
all of his bullshit would have melted away if they just fucked
>>
>>142137183
His inability to connect with others in a meaningful way due to his fear of being hurt and possibly hurting others. They bring this shit up in episode 4 or something. Add to that the pressure from his responsibilities at NERV and it is easy to see why such an dysfunctional person would act the way he does.
>>
File: Kaworu and Shinji bathing.png (447KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kaworu and Shinji bathing.png
447KB, 1440x1080px
>>142137183
He needed the dick
>>
>>142137183
Hi, my name is Shinji Ikari. I am a cipher, a symbol, a representation of human futility and impotency--creative impotency, I mean. Thanks to the narrow-minded dedication of the director and his writing staff, I am the locus of a squandered plot. I anthropomorphize failed character development. When you loathe me, it's supposed to be art. But let's be honest, that's bullshit spread over a sewage sandwich. From a characterological perspective, the climax fails spectacularly. The primary conflicts are completely abandoned in exchange for a philosophically shallow, symbolically incoherent ending. Most of the other protagonists are killed or driven nuts, because death is easier to write than emotional maturation. And I think our budget was running out.

Did you know that a hentai circle produced a doujin series with a better ending?

Yeah. I'm sorry. At least you can pretend that I scored the emotionally vulnerable German chick. I mean, shooting fish in a barrel, and somehow I missed...
>>
>>142137927
Sorry, you didn't get it.
>>
Couldn't stand the anxiety procured by relationships.
The fear of being judged, the fear of being made a fool of...

People say Shinji is a bitch etc... But not at one moment I've thought this while watching NGE. I mean, when he cries or feel bad he has a reason to.

Yeah he's scared of getting in the goddamn robot, but be honest you would be too.

Basically he's a young teen that's feeling lost because he has no trust in either himself or others. Not a nekketsu protagonist.
>>
>>142137183

Watched his mom killed as a child. Neglected by his father all his life. Forced to pilot a bio-mechanical robot that causes mental instability in the pilots. Felt unbelievable pain as he felt his arm broken, torn off, impaled through the eye, chest, etc. The only person who made him feel good he was forced to decapitate.

Do I need to continue?
>>
File: excuseme.jpg (21KB, 279x311px) Image search: [Google]
excuseme.jpg
21KB, 279x311px
>>142137183
His mother was "dead" and his father, who didn't care for him, only wanted him to do some really stupid shit; Then he is "the chosen one to """"save"""" the world"

Basically, daddy issues, with a spoonful of anxiety.

Did I also tell you he fought giant creatures with uncomprehensible destructive power, in really unreliable mobile armors.
>>
File: 1217362045109.png (240KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1217362045109.png
240KB, 1024x768px
literally nothing
saves the world on a monthly basis and cucks asuka from her title of best pilot effortlessly
>>
>>142137183
He was a worthless trash.
>>
>>142137927
>Did you know that a hentai circle produced a doujin series with a better ending?
What is the name?
>>
>>142139600
He's talking about Re-take, the shipping oriented AsukaxShinji doujin that goes in a completely different direction from the characters in the show and completely nullifies what Anno was trying to do with it in favour of wish-fullfilment. People like it because it's somewhat well-told and has depressing scenes ("so much like the show!")
>>
>>142137183
He didn't wanted to get in the fucking robot
>>
>>142140021
>there are people who actually think Re-Take was a better ending than the original
what the fuck
>>
>>142137416
Honestly it's not hard to understand Shinji if you have ever spoken to human beings before. If you understand emotions, you can work out why he'd act like this.
The only reason I'd see people "not understanding" Shinji is if they're deluding themselves into ignorance to seem like they have never experienced anxiety, stress, or grief.
>>
>>142140074
People who can't bring themselves to engage with the show for what it is.

They come in various versions, one being the Re-take apologists, another being the "Rebuild is better" crowd, and then of course the original autistic otaku in denial who Anno made EoE for.
>>
>>142140140
Anon, this is a medium in which a large portion of the viewer-base holds a great amount of interest in and affinity towards unrealistic and horribly written characters and narratives. Be it escapism, wish-fulfillment, or an attempt at perpetuating a juvenile mindset, there seems to be a focus on idealism over realism. Though, to be fair, most if not all media, and a lot of art in general, shows us the "ideal" views of our world and concepts, probably because it is comforting and easier to swallow rather than constantly facing the harsh truths that encompass our lives.
>>
>>142137197
This.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.