[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Robo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Hello, f/a/ggots.

This ain't /m/ but I know both sides have widely differing opinions on this genre, so I'd like to ask here.

What are some good super robot shows without the monster of the week formula?
Stuff like Eureka Seven or TTGL instead of Eva, Getter Robo and many others...

Of course, feel free to talk about the super-robo genre as a whole.
>>
/a/ doesn't know about anything made before 2006. Waste of time asking here
>>
File: 98329713.png (32KB, 1500x1298px) Image search: [Google]
98329713.png
32KB, 1500x1298px
See /a/ and /m/'s differing opinions stem from the values

/m/ likes the mechs of the series
while /a/ only watches the mech series for the waifus/husbandos

Even the occasional Macross threads are only about that "do you remember love" segment, won't shut up about it, then they wonder why it turned into an idol series.
>>
>>142094336
Sometimes they also talk about how much they hate Minmay and/or Kaifun
>>
File: 586691.jpg (435KB, 627x750px) Image search: [Google]
586691.jpg
435KB, 627x750px
>>142094131
>Stuff like Eureka Seven
You literally watched the best there is. The most recent ones (G-Reco, Aldnoah.Zero) are shit and aren't worth your time. It's an insult to even compare them to E7.
>>
>>142094388
>You literally watched the best there is.

That's a pretty sharp double-edge sword.
Still, it doesn't have to be quite the same, I'd just like to know if there is more of this if I ever wanted to look for something like that again.
>>
>>142094838
There are still all kinds of amazing anime series out there, but I just can't feel the same enjoyment I felt watching E7. That show was simply one of a kind to me.
>>
>>142094131

Big O started off kinda Monster of the Week-ish but eventually moved out of that.
>>
>>142094942
Thanks for the suggestion.
Thought about it a lot but the Batman Returns-ish aesthetic has been putting me off for now.
>>
>>142095023

Batman, definitely, but I wouldn't say Returns. It's got more like a detective noir thing going on.
>>
>>142095113
Ah, I messed up my *no parents!.
>>
File: Manly_Tornado.gif (653KB, 442x332px) Image search: [Google]
Manly_Tornado.gif
653KB, 442x332px
>>142094131
G Gundam is pretty goofy but also really cool.
>>
>>142094336
>then they wonder why it turned into an idol series.
It's amazing how people say that Delta is nothing like macross, when that probably the same thing people thought about Zero and 7. They get to pretend they know and like macross when it's always been some really vague thing that has to do with music, aliens, and robots.

>>142094131
You can try Bounen no Xamdo (Xam'd) which has stunning animation and worldbuilding and excellent vocal performance, but has some latter half pacing and plot issues. It starts out very Eureka and then sort of slowly falls apart in terms of cohesive narrative at the halfway point, but it does a lot of interesting things and is fantastic to watch in terms of broadcast animation. But CAVEAT EMPTOR (not in a literal sense I assume) it's not really a super robot show. It's more like a tokusatsu "he transforms into a monster robot thing" show with giant weaponized creatures as the enemies, but the structure is very much mecha.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.