[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there so few love for the best girl, Devil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Numachi.jpg (27KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Numachi.jpg
27KB, 225x350px
Why is there so few love for the best girl, Devil?
>>
I fucking love her theme music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-1tua0WsM

I love she fearlessly gropes a supposed lesbian.
>>
>doesn't get naked
>>
While we're on the subject It should be said that Hanamonogatari is the most cohesive and well told arc of the entire Monogatari franchise.
>>
>>141934885

>Wanting to see hairy monkey bits.
>>
>>141934910
Is that excluding Kizu, because I think Kizu takes the cake.

Hana is great though, pure fucking indulgence for a Monkey lover.
>>
>>141934910
The lesser amount of silly dialogues is what takes away a bit of enjoyment for me. Kanbaru was also depressed by Gahara and RRG graduating, making her less fun to watch. The Devil girl wasn't that entertaining. At least Kaiki was great and so was RRG's great entrance at the end.

Basically it's the closest thing to Bake but without the silliness which is a big part of the series for me.
>>
Asumi Kana's acting was delicious.
Very delicious.
>>
>>141935039
>>141935040

Hana has a sense of loss of youthful innocence combined with an earning of adult responsibilities. Kanbaru's character development is the most we see of any character in the very sitcomy-reset-to-normal structure that captures most Monogatari characters. She not only frees herself from the monkey's paw she takes on the responsibility of freeing her friend and potential lover from it too. along with the supernatural mystery of the whole arc it's also a beautiful story of adolescence and coming of age unmatched in all of monogatari. Lay all the Monogatari arcs for me to re-watch and odds are I'll pick Hana.
>>
>>141935136
I guess we'll have to see how the other two movies turn out, but I still think the super powered high school action story where everyone becomes miserable at the end is the best. It's a real journey from "friends will lower my intensity as a human" to where he ends up with Kissshot. Kizu is for Araragi what Hana is for Kanbaru.
>>
>>141935329
This, it has a more basic story structure, but it gives so much context to who Araragi and Shinobu are.
>>
>>141935329
Agreed.
All things equal Kizu had Araragi going from a naive boy to an adult. In the greater context of the series it gives some backbone to his character as anything other than "loli pervert who thinks he owes everyone something". I think it also made Hanekawa look like less of a Mary Sue.

But ignore all that shit. It was an amazing adaptation. Read the LN as well.
>>
>>141935380
I love the structure though. Working close to genre conventions and twisting them in weird ways is where ol' Nisio works best. It even presents some nice story beats such as the warning he receives about being caught up in his human common sense against vampire reality underlying the eventual conflict with Kissshot or how his methods of winning the fights become increasingly vampiric as the opponents become less vampiric. It takes one of the most anime-y stories of "boy gets super powers and fights badass dudes at school for reasons" possible and focuses completely on the main character's internal struggles instead of juvenile flashiness. And it still manages to be a damn entertaining action story due to how detailed and coherent the battles are.

I actually ordered the English release of Kizu to put next to my Shinobu figure on the Monogatari shelf of my shrine. Reading it again has made me even more fired up than seeing Part 1.

Is there a full translation of Hana somewhere off baka-tsuki? That's the only place I check since the LN translation scene has always been so unreliable.
>>
>>141935659
Only up to the Kanbaru's first encounter with the Devil girl. The Monogatari TLs are a mess overall, the only fully translated volumes are Bake 1, Kizu, Neko Shiro and Kuro and Koyo. Also sidestories in the Bake anime guide book.
>>
>>141935770
It's really a shame. I've read Kizu and Neko Shiro, enjoyed the hell out of 'em. Shiro even changed my outlook on life since I used to be similar to that Hanekawa. Damned genius NisiOisiN. I also read that weird Princess Beauty story. It is a nice little addition to her characterization and it's metal as fuck.
>>
>>141936124
If you want, there's Sodachi Fiasco from Off Season being currently translated, half of it is already done.
>>
Because she showed up, was depressing, and did a bunch of boring info dumps before anyone gave a fuck about her.
>>
>>141935136
Resonates well with me since I'm literally a week or so away from my graduation.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.