[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did we go from this...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

How did we go from this...
>>
File: Pikkoyo.png (3MB, 1441x1218px) Image search: [Google]
Pikkoyo.png
3MB, 1441x1218px
...to THIS?!
>>
>>141613156

Breadheads
>>
>>141613318
I'm not even talking strictly budget here.
What the fuck happened to Piccolo in general?
>>
>>141613216
Kamicconail happened.
>>
>>141613483
Manga explicitly states that he only absorbs their power and knowledge, not personality.
>>
>>141613156
He fused with Kami. You really thought that wouldn't do anything other than make him a super namekian?
>>
>>141613508
Why would the original nameless namekian split himself if the only thing that would do is make him lose knowledge and power?
>>
>>141613156
>>141613216
Here's a non-cherrypicked close up from Super.
>>
>>141613350
>What the fuck happened to Piccolo in general?
-Found Gohan
-Found friendship
-Fused with Kami so he got a lot more chill
>>
>>141613609
He didn't lose knowledge when he split, he only gained it when they came together because Kami had new experiences. Are you even thinking this shit through?
>>
>>141613609
Read the fucking manga. The new fusion has Piccolo as base, not Kami or a mix of the two. Same with Nail.
Nameless Namekian is never coming back and is gone forever.
>>
>>141613216
Seeing Piccolo being an amazing granddad almost makes me want to pick up Super again. Almost. If only he was given at least a small victory at the tournament.
>>
>>141613508
Kami was lying, how could you miss this? Literally the first thing he says after recombining is "I am neither god nor Piccolo now", then he smiles and says goodbye to Mr. Popo.
>>
>>141613609
I can't remember if this was in the manga of something they put in the DB anime but Kami mentioned he split because the guardian before him sensed the evil in him. In order to get cast that out he split, making Piccolo.
>>
with sound: https://u.pomf.is/mmefom.webm
>>
>>141613609
He fucking split himself because he wanted to become God you retard. The previous God sensed evil in him and told him to get rid of it or fuck off. Basically what >>141614208 said now that I see the post.
>>
>>141613980
Kami was not lying at all. Kami flat out says they will be using Piccolo as base since he's younger and more suited to combat, while Kami will only serve as powerup and share his knowledge he gained over the years with Piccolo.
For all intents and purposes he was still Piccolo just with wisdom and experience of Kami.
>>
>>141614345
You're both right really. He did say he was neither of them anymore but also that Piccolo was the better fighter and should be the main.
As for what it did to Piccolo, apart from the power boost, one could maybe argue that wisdom and experience diminishes hatred and, for lack of a better word, evilness.
>>
>>141614512
Wisdom would definitely offset the "bratty" evilness he had, that's for sure. Since Piccolo was very infantile in his evil behaviour. It wasn't Lawful Evil kind of shit, just Chaotic Evil saturday morning cartoon tier shit evil for the sake of evil.
>>
Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C55vYFOEuwA
>>
Piccolo is black

https://youtu.be/r0RqTsncTas
>>
>>141614345
Kami says he will only be a power up, then after they fuse Piccolo says he is no longer Piccolo. Do you not consider that lying?
>>
Does loving Piccolo make me gay? I mean, he is not a male or female.
>>
>>141614942
That's just Piccolo showing off. That entire fight with Cell and then Super 17 is pure Piccolo personality.
>>
>>141613850
What's wrong with Super? I haven't watched it yet but I keep hearing people complain about it. Aside from animation what else could be wrong with it? At least Toriyama is involved this time.
>>
>>141614993
He and Nail are the only Namekians with huge cocks so, yeah.
>>
>>141615081
there are some legit complains, but the majority are whinny guys who wants rap ost dragon ball
>>
>>141613156
>>141613216
30+ years of character development.
>>
>>141615081
It's DBZ shitters being butthurt it's not epic manly over 9000 battles
>>
>>141615081
There's a few legit complaints like the animation can get wonky and they spent half the series on these movie recaps that didn't really add much but some of it's pretty dumb and overcritical
>>
>>141615081
My only problem with it was that it had really bad animation quality for the first few fights, like with Beerus on King Kais planet and such. I don't know it actually got better or if I just stopped paying attention to it.
There are some story things that I found hard to credit such as Roshi being able to take on Friezas guards, Ginyu still being alive and a few other things.
Nothing deal breaking for me though. It's more Dragonball, a franchise I watch with the foggiest of nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>141615366
Why would Ginyu be dead?
>>
>>141615074
Piccolo wouldn't have reacted to Kaioshin or the lookout getting destroyed during the Buu Saga if he was still all Piccolo.
>>
>>141615442
Frogs don't usually live for 17 years.
>>
>>141615442
I realized after my post that it sort of made sense considering the move-everyone wish they made. Even if I find it somewhat odd that it included his frog form and no other animals or even Ginyus main body, but maybe that bled out like he intended.

>>141615529
Also that and that literally no predators got to him in those years.

Also I'm surprised he got revived after Buu saga.
The obvious question also being why didn't change with a person before Super.
>>
File: froginyu.png (909KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
froginyu.png
909KB, 1280x724px
>>141615366
>>141615442
I would've thought that given that time, Ginyu would be trading up in bodies. Like, he goes from being a frog to being a child, body snatching the kid's dad, upgrading to police officer, and so on until some hilarious incident happens in which the witch Baba turns him back into a frog.
>>
>>141613350
Saiyans, basically.
Before, you could probably explain Goku and Piccolo's difference in strength because Goku had been trained by King Kai instead of training himself and a little halfbreed, but after SUPER SAIYANS came in, Piccolo kept finding himself placed out.

And there you have it.
>>
>>141615835
But all those people would stay in the wrong bodies then.
>>
>>141615529
Namekian frog =! earthling frog

God, this is a fucking anime, not real life, stop applying logic to everything. Ginyu is here for the laughs, nothing else.
>>
>>141615908
>Ginyu is here for the laughs, nothing else.
True. I didn't facepalm any less when he appeared in Super though.

>stop applying logic to everything
Easier said than done. While I'm not claiming to an intelligent person or anything, silly logical jumps irks me.
>>
>>141613627
The sad part is you actually think this looks great.
>>
>>141613627
>non-cherrypicked

I bet you had to look a good while to find one that didn't look "kind of cool".
>>
>>141615879
So now the question is did Saiyans ruin the series?
>>
>>141617046
No, Zenkai did.
No one could compete with Goku long before the Super Saiyan appeared.
>>
>>141617128
Tien arc was the last one before series went full retard.

Not that there's anything bad with going full retard if it's funny because it's trying to be "good". The problem is in DBZ fans actually thinkinking Z was good and crying how Super is how Z actually was except more fun which is somehow bad.
>>
>>141614937

Is it wrong that I prefer the TFS Piccolo?
>>
>>141617271
Yeah, because it's JUST DBZ fans who can't appreciate the "quality" of Dragonball Super amirite.
>>
>>141617306
Very. TFS piccolo is so bland. They even references WTS piccolo in a few episodes

https://youtu.be/Ls8Y7q31Tzo
>>
>>141617382
Is that Rapeman?
>>
>>141617382

That's because the WTS guy voices Kami in DBZA.
>>
>>141617046
>did saiyans ruin the series
ahahah
>>
>>141613156
In the first picture he's 3 years old.

In the second one hes 21 or so and has fused with kami.
>>
>>141617541
Yeah of course. WTS outclasses all of them because he can do all the voices by himself.

>>141617453
Yeah

https://youtu.be/B4YcxnnxJkE
>>
we lost anime drawn on cels
>>
>>141615081
It is awful, the reason people on here have stopped admitting this is because most people have given up hope, dropped it, and moved on already while shit taste SoL fags continue to praise this trash. The animation and fight choreography is literal shit too.
>>
>>141615081
>At least Toriyama is involved this time.
And the result is arguably a lot worse than Dragon Ball GT.
>>
>>141615081
It's dragon ball, some fights are more fun than others and the animation is not that good, but overall for me it provides some sort of amusement.

If anyone expècts to see anything else but lighthearted fun and a somehow decent martial arts anime with magic, they are really not picking their anime right.
>>
>>141618021
It's not "Dragon Ball". Dragon Ball wasn't shit.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.