[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mangaka Backlash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_lvfu9fmTcB1qamhyd.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvfu9fmTcB1qamhyd.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
So this is something that has always been on my mind and is if mangakas ever get hurt by poor story decisions or really mediocre endings.
I've heard stories about how the fans would blow up about shit like in the Blacksmith where the knight was raped or that other one about some goddes that turned out to be a slut.
But I rarely see people ragin over how fucking awful some endings are how retarded the story writing becomes so it just makes me wonder if the cases where mangakas suffer some form of backlash for their poor story decisions are just rare or go unnoticed around here.
>>
bump
Hopefully I can get someone living in Japan or lurking their imageboards who can tell me something about this.
>>
>>140838013
Lots of shit gets quietly delayed or put on hiatus. There are shittons of euphemisms for "cancelled"
>>
>>140838653
Yeah but also good thing get canceled too
LIke, let's say a mangaka delivers a really shitty ending, is there any repercution? Is their reputation fucked or people just play the "what matters is the trip not the destination" card and ignore it?
I read abotu Sunken Rock ending yesterday and was wondering why Mangakas suck so much at delivering endings and whether they receive some form of backlash for it.
>>
>>140839129
Mangaka Oh,Great! still gets works yet two of his popular series Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge having really fucking stupid stories and endings. He gets so confusing you won't know what's going on until you read the final page and suddenly feel anger. Then there's Ken Akamatsu, none of his works have very interesting endings, in fact, it's a struggle to call them endings because they feel like "And the adventure continues" endings with not a whole lot of questions answered. He's done this about 3 or 4 times and is probably going to do it with UQ Holder as well.
>>
File: 1328538466517.png (126KB, 319x456px) Image search: [Google]
1328538466517.png
126KB, 319x456px
>>140839542
It's like there is no kind of quality control from the readers themselves or what
Is it some weird culture of japanese to finish reading garbage not matter how long or bad it gets?
>>
>>140838013
From my experience, manga tend to have terrible terrible endings simply because mangaka just keep making new chapters until it doesn't sell or they don't feel like doing it anymore. Everyone is just kinda used to it.
>>
>>140840147
So where the west just milks their franchises to death, the east just doesn't really care?
>>
>>140838013
Readers just get burnt out when a manga turns shit, so there's no energy left to rage. It's really hard to get angry when you're bored. I think the only way you'd see rage is if the readers were to en-masse re-read the first few volumes and then get mad about the horsehit ending.

As it stands, they really only remember the good first part, and forget the rest. That gives the mangaka a chance when they make a new series. With scandals, they often happen in the middle when a series is still popular.
>>
>>140838013

Reminds me of this Wolf Guy manga.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/12451/Wolf_Guy__Ookami_no_Monshou

There was a long gang rape scene that lasted for several chapters that upset a lot of the readers. And I heard the series had to be ended early bec of the drop in ratings.
>>
File: 2289.png (15KB, 164x242px) Image search: [Google]
2289.png
15KB, 164x242px
>>140841481
I can't believe this is the same people who did Akumatsu
>>
>>140841481
>There was a long gang rape scene that lasted for several chapters that upset a lot of the readers
Fucking vanilla-fags ruining everything.
>>
>>140841574
It was a really shitty move
The rape scene literaly lasted like 10 chapters
and not only that, it was really shitty rape scene since it wasn't a proper h-manga and she ended up just joining
>>
>>140841882
Well, picked up. I need to know what trainwreck this will be.
>>
>>140841882
Also, wasn't it a bimonthly manga so on real time tthe rape lasted like 2 years?
>>
>>140839129
If something gets canned, most of the time odds are the reason is because it wasn't popular. You really think people are gonna throw a tantrum if they couldn't even support the series in the first place?

Some manga get shit on for their bad endings but it doesn't affect their career or their future work. The author of BokuDake got shit on a ton when it was airing because of his previous works, but that sure as hell ain't gonna stop him from making new stuff or from his manga winning awards and selling quite well.
>>
File: [Abgrund] Prunus Girl.jpg (269KB, 1124x1599px) Image search: [Google]
[Abgrund] Prunus Girl.jpg
269KB, 1124x1599px
>>140838013
Yusa Saikawa (aka abgrund) got backlash and death threats for her work on Prunus Girl so she quit some types of story elements in her creations. A discussion thread on her quitting as well as translated comments from her twitter and other posts is at:

http://forums.e-hentai.org/index.php?showtopic=80331
>>
File: bleak.png (35KB, 2150x3036px) Image search: [Google]
bleak.png
35KB, 2150x3036px
>>140838013
>I've heard stories about how the fans would blow up about shit like in the Blacksmith where the knight was raped or that other one about some goddes that turned out to be a slut.

For the lurkers wanting to know what is being talked about, that would be

The Sacred Blacksmith:
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=41632

Kannagi:
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3217

With Kannagi, the author was so upset that she quit doing it for quite a long while and THAT was bad because there was also an anime being made somewhat simultaneously keeping pace with the manga. The anime thus was forced into an abrupt ending as it ran out of material when the author stopped making the manga. I bet that kannagi anime was the reason studios afterwards didn't make more anime until the complete story arc was finished. The author worked on other things after Kannagi, so it cannot be said she only quit kannagi because of health problems.
>>
>>140845544
But Prunus Girl had a pretty good ending
>>
>>140846033
>>140845544
Oh I understand now, it was the artist of the doujin.
>>
>>140838013
>So this is something that has always been on my mind and is if mangakas ever get hurt by poor story decisions or really mediocre endings.

Remember that a manga is sometimes attributed to only a pen name and that pen name is actually not even one author but several. The author might not even be real authors but is actually the manga publisher (using in-house writers and in-house artists). There's plenty of manga made and deliberately abruptly terminated because the true main purpose of the manga was not to tell a story but to provide promotional support for either an anime or product goods. As soon as the anime or product promotion time arc ends, the manga winds down and stops. Such a manga should not be included in the list of manga terminated by author problems.

Some of these manga you can easily tell because they begin publishing just as the anime is released and then ends a few months after the anime ends. That's long enough to provide promotional support for residual merchandise on store shelves.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.