[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any medieval anime that uses actual military tactics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: full_plate_armor_big.jpg (812KB, 1477x1756px) Image search: [Google]
full_plate_armor_big.jpg
812KB, 1477x1756px
Are there any medieval anime that uses actual military tactics?
>>
>>140799129
Berserk
>>
>actual military tactics
no
>>
>>140799129
Arslan Senki
>>
>>140799129
Yes, the one that's recommended by Skallagrim as the best anime (in this regard) ever.

It really is mind blowingly accurate / going into detail.
>>
The Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>140799262
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tFOJFyTl1U

It's called Maria the Virgin Witch.
>>
Junketsu no Maria, it even got praised by some blacksmith/weapons dude for being historically and weapon tactics-accurate.
>>
Boku no Fuck you.
>>
>>140799338
>Junketsu no Maria, it even got praised by some blacksmith/weapons dude for being historically and weapon tactics-accurate.
And the funny thing is being accurate is not the same as being "realistic", in that most people's view of realism was false to begin with. When someone said they want something realistic, they usually meant they want a fantasy that match what they personally believe to be real.

Much like how most of the time horse hoofs in movies use coconuts for the noise, because people aren't used to the real thing.
>>
>>140799129

Does it have to be european medieval time? Because there are some about Sengoku times.
>>
>>140799447
I'm interested in those as well. Generally about tactics before guns became the norm.

>>140799441
Where are you going with this in this context, lad?
>>
>lurking for LoGH
>>
>>140799129
Code Geass
>>
>>140799643
>Code Geass
What
>>
You get as much as a Chinese man drawing silly cartoons for a living is capable of having knowledge about Euro history.
>>
>>140799691
what
>>
>>140799817
I dont remember anything medieval in code geass.
>>
>>140799881
its there
>>
>>140799129
Kingdom to a certain degree
>>
File: 27185.jpg (69KB, 667x2692px) Image search: [Google]
27185.jpg
69KB, 667x2692px
>>140799129
>actual military tactics?
Like what?
>>
kukuru kukuru ku
>>
>>140799881
Tactics. It was medieval.
>>
>>140800026
Oh
>>
>>140799585
The military tactics used in LotGH weren't that fascinating to be honest. It was mostly the named commanders being competent and everyone else (especially on the side that was supposed to lose the battle) filled with braindead angry Pepes. I remember when I was watching it recently, specifically in the episode where Yang almost killed Reinhard, there was some no name commander who wanted to retreat and Reinhard told him to go out there again and die for him, so he just charged into the blocade of Alliance troops like a total moron and as his spacecraft was destroyed, they gave him one more scene as he was being obliterated into light, literally screaming a very "REEE"- like sound.
>>
>>140799585
>>140800775
God those battles were fucking retarded. Couldn't the author have just done a medieval or Renaissance setting instead?
>>
>>140801018
If they did that, they'd be on the high seas instead and we'd see massive armadas of ships blowing each other to pieces with cannon fire. Though that'd be more unique in that I'm pretty sure western naval renaissance is an underused setting in anime.
>>
>>140801186
Were such tactics even used in naval warfare though? It seems like they are using infantry/cavalry tactics more than ship tactics.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.