[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished watching Serial Experiments Lain. Was it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1461213759048.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461213759048.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
I just finished watching Serial Experiments Lain.
Was it good?
>>
>>140664950
If you just finished with it and can't even remember if it was good, then I am worried about your mental health.
>>
>>140664985
https://fauux.neocities.org/lovelain.html
>>
File: 1367108017.png (518KB, 1465x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1367108017.png
518KB, 1465x1080px
>>140664950
You're probably confused for now, but you'll understand and enjoy more and more of it the more you watch it and the more you think about it. It's a mystery for you to try to solve, after all.

At first I thought it was a ~6/10, but now it's my favourite anime of all time.
>>
>>140664950
It's probably best not to watch youtube analysis videos of Lain. They pretty much universally miss the point and form inadequate conclusions, especially in regard to the identity of most of the cast.
>>
>>140664950
>Was it good?

You're the one who watched it, faggot.
>>
>was it good?

Not really but Lain is a cute.
>>
>just finished
>was it good
While we're here, are there any other decisions you want /a/ to make for you?
>>
>>140665363
What toppings should I order on my pizza?
>>
>>140664950
Try asking yourself that question faggot.
>>
File: Everywhere.jpg (31KB, 736x522px) Image search: [Google]
Everywhere.jpg
31KB, 736x522px
YES
>>
>>140665641
Okay. I watched it at 1.5x speed and think it would be completely insufferable at 1x. It had some interesting ideas and great use of atmosphere but, even so, it wayyyy overplayed its hand in that respect. I'm not convinced the plot is entirely coherent and think they kind of were dicking around conceptually in the beginning with the suicides and nanobot drug and then settled on the real plot later when they realized they had to get their shit together.

They also kind of chickened out on the mysterious "interpret me" aspect when Lain just spells 95% of everything out in the last two episodes.

The ending where she chooses to delete herself from everyone's life hit too close to home and made me sad. :(
>>
>>140665839
Don't use emoticons on /a/.
>>
>>140665849
Emoticons are retro and cool again.
>>
>>140665872
Among "ironic" shitposters.
>>
File: 1367108629.png (547KB, 1181x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1367108629.png
547KB, 1181x1080px
>>140665839
>Okay. I watched it at 1.5x speed
The hell were you thinking anon?
>I'm not convinced the plot is entirely coherent
YOU WATCHED IT AT 1.5x SPEED

During the middle arc, important information is thrown at you so outrageously fast and subtly that it's often easiest to repeatedly pause the episode to think about what you've just seen. You're trying to tell me that you watched that at 1.5x speed. No wonder you didn't get it.

As for the 'interpret me' stuff, Lain spells out less than 50% of what happens during the final two episodes. Most of the really valuable stuff happens in episodes 5 and 9.
>>
I just finished taking it up the ass from my little sister.
Was it good?
>>
>>140667836
Well it depends.
Is she cute?
We'll need pics to tell you.
>>
>>140667836
Got a video?
>>
So guys,i just finished watching it and it was pretty bad honestly,i'd give it a 3/10
The visuals were okay,it's low-budget,they made the story pretty hard to understand,and trust me i really tried but i had to watch some youtube videos to fully understand,and even when i did,well i thought that it was nothing amazing.
Really disappointed by this
>>
>>140670582
I couldn't watch it until I could speed it up. It's that fucking slow.

It had a lot of cool things going for it but it shits the bed in a lot of other ways.

Still, pretty unique. I like the feel of it. Very David Lynchy.
>>
>>140670801
Yeah pretty unique,but it's just random shit happening.
Oh look here's an alien,here's trippy visuals,so weird amirite??
I watched it with a friend and we wrote every goddamn thing that was happening,but no,still didn't understand a single thing.
They were trying to hard to make it look deep.
>>
>>140670981
The last two episodes have Lain spoonfeed.
Schumann resonance = frequency for worldwide wifi network that can turn humans into neurons for a global brain.
A Wired network standards engineer made Lain and also put the Schumann resonance into a network protocol so he could do Third Impact and be God over it.
That's why the powerlines are buzzing all the time--they are buzzing with the Schumann resonance and merging the Wired with the real world.
Lain becomes God instead and uses her power to erase all traces of herself from past, present, future and just be a neutral observer.
So it's Evangelion+Internet.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.