[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about scanlation sniping?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 581
Thread images: 54

File: Screenshot (111).png (40KB, 586x244px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (111).png
40KB, 586x244px
How do you feel about scanlation sniping?
>>
It's fun watching Kewl lose his kewl
>>
>>140478550
I feel like it's about as /a/ as Youtube reviewers. Fuck off.

Those translations have been available for over a year without being u
>>
>>140478550
>Scanlation sniping
If you do good work, people will be drawn to your release. If you shitty speedy translations, don't be upset when somebody does shittier speedier translations. Put the effort to be that objectively better release that you have to wait for, or don't complain at all.
>>
This guy seems like a huge faggot considering the last release of 3-gatsu mentioned that it was a one time thing and people should wait for the normal group to release the chapter.

As for me I never snipe or TL things groups have picked up, even if they're volumes behind the JP release and the TL is only on /a/. It causes too much drama I'd rather avoid, people get too mad at this shit.
>>
>scanlator drama
Absolutely cancerous.
>>
Why is "sniping" a thing in scanlations yet fansubbers have more or less gotten over it a long time ago?
>>
>volumes behind
>hurr why does somebody else translate MY MANGA
>>
Gays not welcome.
>>
So someone did it faster and/or better than him. Nobody gives a fuck about translator drama.
>>
>>140478951
Scanlators are far too autistic to ever get over it.
>>
>>140478951
Anime is pretty mainstream compared to manga. So while anime has plenty of attention to throw around, scanlators need to hoard all the attention they can get.
>>
Not actually a thing because it's not their manga to claim.
>>
>>140478986
Not even just volumes behind, his fucking translations are way ahead of the scans, but the group he approved to use them is so slow that the actual typesetting hasn't reached scripts he put up a year ago.
>>
File: 1458076832552.png (644KB, 821x973px) Image search: [Google]
1458076832552.png
644KB, 821x973px
I'll get some heat for this, but here I go:

I'd rather have scanlators quit because their egos got offended, than have to hear about their constant e-preening. Yes, even if it means stuff gets dropped.
>>
Attention-whoring faggots are the reason I started learning lunar hieroglyphs in the first place. Gimme a guy who translates out of passion for a series any day of the week.
>>
>3gatsu

Who cares
>>
Quit giving that retard attention.
>>
>>140479835
Prozes related?
>>
>>140479835
Stuff gets dropped for even dumber shit anyway. This is why I welcome our new Crunchyroll overlords. At least I don't have to worry about shit like
>Is this show going to get subbed
>Is this subgroup going to drop the show

Crunchyroll also started doing manga which I'm glad, since I don't think anybody else was doing Space Brothers before them.
>>
It's reassuring to know there are people with lower self-stem than me out there.
>>
I don't give a shit.
>>
>scanlation drama
Almost a big of a cancer of society as fansub drama.
>>
>>140480060
>I don't think anybody else was doing Space Brothers before them
There was. I forget who, but there was.
>>
>>140478550
Funny as hell
>>
Why the fuck do scanlators give a shit? Shouldn't the whole goal of the movement be to deliver translations? Why do they feel the need to compete?
>>
>>140478951
What fabsubbers?
They all died
>>
>>140480146
Gotta keep that e-peen as big as possible.
>>
>>140480185
[gg] is making fansubbing great again.
>>
>>140478550
>Multiple people scanning a manga
Why is there any problem? Do people really care about e-presence that much?
>>
>>140480271
I hope so
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (163KB, 897x804px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
163KB, 897x804px
What the literal fuck am I reading? Why are these people allowed to exist?
>>
>>140480146
If would be nice if they wanted to compete, what they want is to monopolize.
>>
>Twitter drama
No-one cares, fuck off.
>>
>>140480349
Why is he bitching if he made his translations public?
>>
>>140480349
Please don't call it a grave. It's the future you chose after all.
>>
>>140480349
He doesnt have a job
Translating crap is the only thing that gives his life any value

Most people at the DJT will end like that
>>
>>140480128
Oh yeah, iMangascans.

They were about ~75 chapters behind when CR decided to pick it up. Either way, there's much less drama when it's officially licensed.
>>
>>140480060
They dropped sun ken rock literally two chapters before the end though.
>>
>>140480349
>Why are these people allowed to exist?
You obviously haven't seen tumblr/livejournal fujos with their secret club scanlations and "permissions" to repost, etc
>>
File: 1461018870438.png (122KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
1461018870438.png
122KB, 400x368px
>>140478612
he lost it with Jojolion, it was funny.
>>
>>140480108
Ever since CR came onto the scene fansubbing drama have been pretty low-profile. I can't even recall any in recent times.
>>
>>140480349
isn't that pace pretty incompetent though
>>
>>140480455
They were releasing faster than CR does, actually, we were just way the fuck behind to start with. We still haven't caught up.
>>
Nise PR here. I don't mind if it's done by legit scans/translations.

It irks me a bit when second-hand / LQ translations are used, but I can't really do anything about it.
>>
>>140480573
Really? What's the latest chapter in Japan right now?
>>
>>140480605
Who?
>>
>>140478951
Probably because there's more stuff that needs to be 'cleaned up' before they can put the translation in. And considering manga are usually longer and done over a longer period of time, people feel like snipers are just stealing their credit after translating it for so long. I mean, if a group had done it for years, through all real life shit they had to sort through to get it out, having someone else swoop in and snipe their work feels like they have been wasting their time until that point. If someone else could have done it, then why didn't they? Why did they wait until now, after all that work has been done, to essentially weasel in and steal credit for getting the translations out?
>>
>>140480349
when people do stuff for you for free you have to tolerate their faggotry
>>
>>140480532
I was in the thread at the time. That anon did a good job with the translations.
>>
>>140478951
Subtitling anime takes considerably less work than scanlations, since there's nothing like cleaning or redrawing to worry about.
>>
File: 1460926641183.png (277KB, 537x455px) Image search: [Google]
1460926641183.png
277KB, 537x455px
>>140480435
>Most people at the DJT will end like that
>>
>>140480658
Eh, the other person may or may not be a bandwagoning faggot (it depends on the situation), but that shouldn't bother you if you're scanlating purely for the sake of making a good manga accessible to others.
>>
>>140480732
It has already happened, and its all a bunch of underage mexican cancerous fucks so it makes sense
>>
>>140480349
>working on it for 3-5 hours a day every day
>still can't make it on time
He should consider a different career.
>>
>>140480649
Does it matter?
>>
>>140480764
This is surprisingly accurate, actually
>>
>>140478951
Fansubbing is dead.
Back when it wasn't dead speedsubs vs fansubs was a thing.
>>
Who gives a shit about scanlators? Their objective is to provide free translations for the community or out of love for the series. Why get mad if someone starts scanlating the same series, you don't own the series, you're doing a charity work. If someone is stealing your translations and making money off of it then sure get riled up.
>>
>>140478550
While I understand why they feel upset when someone else snipes their project. if you ego is so big and fragile that you get flustered over a fast and dirty translation then fuck off.

The most recent example of this was the while Boku Girl side chapter nonsense. It borderlined ruined a lot of good favor his live TLs gained him, at least for me.
>>
>Facilitating piracy
>Complaining when someone facilitates it better than you
>>
I was like you guys once. I laughed at these kind of people who got pissed off over internet fame.
But then I joined a scanlating group. God damn e-peen is so nice.
You don't realise, it's so sweet, like the temptation of the dark side.
>>
>>140480883
>Who gives a shit about scanlators?
>who gives a shit about those who spent their fuking day scanlating while they could the do something else.
>>
>>140480925
Nisekoi PR here again, I don't mind if it's done by someone better than me, but wouldn't you agree it just sucks if it's done on LQ scans and translated from Korean?
>>
>>140480759
The problem is that they invested a lot of their own personal time in it. And since it is most likely no one else had offered to scan/translate it during all that time, or that the sniper hadn't simply offered to help out instead of sniping their work, they can't help but feel the other group is a bandwagon faggot. It takes enormous dedication to translate a manga over a long period of time. Having someone just waltz in and snipe their work somewhat invalidates all the hard work they had previously put in.
>>
They should just do the thing they want to do to the best of their ability without worrying about what the other people are doing.
>>
File: 1413139429677.gif (2MB, 494x278px) Image search: [Google]
1413139429677.gif
2MB, 494x278px
>>140478550
fucking scanlator e-drama redditors.

I remember when piracy was all about sharing the your love for the work and wanted others to enjoy it.
Some college student staying up late just to add the finishing touched despite having an exam the next day. Doing it all for the greater good

Now its all about losers trying hard to get some e-peen so they can feel like their life has meaning because it has none in real life.
People like that can go fuck themselves with a cactus.
>>
>>140480883
From what I've seen they don't care for the community and sometimes don't even care for what they are working on, it's all about the e-peen.
>>
>>140478912
>we released this and published it for you to read, you're reading it now, but here's a disclaimer that bullshittingly tells you to wait for the real release.

I don't care at all but that made me laugh.
>>
>>140478550
Needs to happen more often.
>>
What is e-peen?
>>
>>140481026
>PR
I feel for you son. Why the fuck did you decide to actively be the channel between greedy apples assholes and egotists?
>>
>>140481083
>I remember when piracy was all about sharing the your love for the work and wanted others to enjoy it.
>Some college student staying up late just to add the finishing touched despite having an exam the next day. Doing it all for the greater good
Hahahaha. No. People didn't do it for the sake for others. Only person who has every right to that claim is Duwang. Everyone else did it for their e-penis.
>>
>>140481028
But it doesn't invalidate it, you still fucking achieved what you needed to - those chapters you translated are available in English to be read by people, and would not have been otherwise. A 'sniper' doesn't invalidate anything you've already done, they just might make it not worth your time to continue doing it (if their scanlations are good enough that it'd be redundant to have two sets). But again, that doesn't matter. Your past investment doesn't mean anything about future investment, it already achieved its purpose. The only thing that's invalidated is if they release a chapter without warning while you're in the middle of working on that same chapter, then you've wasted redundant time on that chapter that you didn't need to. But even that downside is totally nullified if you know they're doing it, regardless of whether or not they asked for your permission.
>>
It's a non-issue
>>
>tfw project that I love working on isn't popular enough to be sniped

Cool I guess. Not that I give a shit about sniping.
>>
>>140481155
Proofreader, not Public Relations
>>
>>140478550
>sniping
No such thing.
>>
How long until Daiz shows up and posts in this thread?
>>
>>140481026
If they're delivering shit, then people will stick to the better stuff.
>>
>>140481028
At the end of the day, you should just do this>>140481039
I will always read the most consistent scan that actually reads well, and will always go to their website/irc channel to get it as a sign of support. If I see one group has consistently released 30 chapters of a manga and some other group has only done one chapter then I will stick with the group that has stuck with it.

For the love of god if you want to scanslate a mango that it looks like someone dropped, please just start scanslating it. I don't get all this drama, but if the original group gets pissy then talk it out and come to a consensus on it.
>>
>>140478550
I would love someone to snip my work. Less work = More free time for me.
>>
>>140481221

Daiz has literally nothing to do with scanlation, aside from helping Jewcob DMCA stuff.
>>
>>140481209
Oh, so you're the editor then. I hate you so much for not using the right title, that said, keep up the (presumably) good work, some people enjoy your shit.
>>
>>140481293
Yeah that's the case, most people care more for speed than for quality.

Especially the Nisekoi fanbase.

>>140481316
What? Should we use Fake Love?
>>
>>140478550
I think it increases competition. Lord knows most scanlation groups are cancerous with shitty translations.
>>
>>140481168
Because they spent an incredible amount of personal time on it already. They had probably asked for help numerous times, and probably sacrificed something person to ensure those translations comes out. No matter how much you want to spin it, having someone else comes in and steal their work/credit after all the time and effort they've put in will hurt. Because if the other group's purpose isn't to steal their credit but to help get the stuff out to the fans, then they should have offered to help out with the translations/scans, not release their own stuff.
>>
>>140481338
>Especially the Nisekoi fanbase.
Especially Shonen jump fanbase.
>>
>>140481026
>>140481119
I can sort of the nitwit in OP's image, if he was frustrated over duplicated effort. A vast sea of unscanlated manga, and one of them gets two scanlation efforts. From his perspective, he might wish that they work on a project that is completely dead.

He could have reacted maturely, though; maybe reach out to collaborate with them to get the product done faster, or just shrug and carry on with a new project. His possessiveness over something he did not create is absurd. Complaining about it in public is even worse.
>>
File: 1975sami.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1975sami.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>140481372
it's different there since they're using his translation.
>>
>>140480349
How did they steal his translation if they were out first?
>>
>>140481373
>steal their credit
They're not entitled to any credit to begin with.
>>
>>140481438
Fuck him anyway.
>>
You non-scanlators don't understand, it's like being NTRd.
You pick up a poor lonely series that no one has heard of or cares about. Then, as more and more people start to read it, it gets really popular.
This goes on until it becomes really popular and people come to your IRC channel and thank you for your releases, or leave comments on batoto about how they're so happy they found this series because of you.
But then one day you were a bit busy, so you were slow releasing the next chapter. And before you knew it, that fresh, untouched, pure, clean chapter had been defiled by some J->K->E filth with shit ugly raws. That's when you realise, she's not yours anymore.
You realise some shitty rush job is enough to satisfy her. She doesn't care who it is anymore, as long as she gets her fix it doesn't matter.
She isn't innocent anymore, she's just dirty used goods.

Wouldn't that make you angry too?
>>
I'd be alright if there was some more competition in the monthly's that I read.
Might actually get the new shit translated in a timely manner
>>
File: mm.gif (460KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
mm.gif
460KB, 256x192px
>>140481464
he posted all the translation of 3-Gatsu on Mangahelpers for free, you can read them and he put a "Reserved to my group etc" in the 1st line of each chapter.
>>
>>140481504
>That's when you realise, she's not yours anymore.
That's when you should realise that she was never yours and you applied a false sense of ownership.
>>
>>140481373
>Because if the other group's purpose isn't to steal their credit but to help get the stuff out to the fans, then they should have offered to help out with the translations/scans, not release their own stuff.
I already acknowledged that the other person could be a bandwagoning faggot, but the point is that it shouldn't matter to you. You spent personal time on something, but that time wasn't wasted, it got previous chapters out. Just because you put effort in to get those previous chapters out doesn't mean that you not releasing previous chapters should hurt. It's like someone else volunteering to do future work so you don't have to. Regardless of what their motives are or how much you like/dislike that person, you shouldn't be upset over that. Just read their scans, determine if they're good enough to stand on their own, and if they aren't, you keep scanlating and ignore them, but if they are you move on and find another series or just don't scanlate anything if you don't feel like.
>>
>>140481465
And fans aren't entitled to any sort of fansubs in the first place. So, you sure as hell don't have the right to complain about them complaining.
>>
The last group can barely get a chapter out a month. Look at their release schedule. Maybe kewl should find a new editor instead of complaining that his designated group had their work sniped.
>>
>>140481581
>that you not releasing previous chapters should hurt
that you not releasing FUTURE chapters should hurt*
>>
File: Anime.png (465KB, 600x711px) Image search: [Google]
Anime.png
465KB, 600x711px
>>140481539
it's hard to not scanlate it when he did all the translation but the group is like ~30 chapters behind and the anime air in Fall 2016
>>
>>140481539
Is he credited as the TL is this release?

If so, I can't really understand why he'd be mad. His TL still got out to the world.
>>
>>140480349
Scantalator drama will always be the most pathetic anime/manga fandom drama
>>
>>140481539
So basically, he left his stuff lying around where anyone could see it and is mad that someone took advantage of that.
>>
>>140481338
>Fake Love
Mate, I don't read Nisekoi because I can't stand people being happy and enjoying life, but you're an editor, not PR.
>>
>>140481539
https://mangahelpers.com/search?q=+3-Gatsu
>3-gatsu no Lion 30
>Oct 7, 2012
>Oct 7, 2012
>Oct 7, 2012

Fuck him.
>>
>>140481658
>Is he credited as the TL is this release?
yeah, i don't know he got butthurt. Maybe because they used a different group name while crediting him?

Translations are there: https://mangahelpers.com/m/3gatsunolion/chapters/
>>
>>140481581
Anon, just because you do something for altruistic reason doesn't negate the fact that having someone else take credit for your own hard work is annoying as hell. I mean, even Mr. Rogers got mad at Burger King for using his stuff to promote their crappy food.
>>
>>140481504
hot
>>
>>140481721
>i don't know he go
i don't know why*
>>
>>140481585
I never claimed to be entitled to anything myself though.
>>
>>140478550
>someone translated something before I translated it bwaaaah.

Honest to god, the "work" they do isn't hard, I have 0 respect for these people and if they disappeared overnight I couldn't care less.
Inflated ego because they believe they are needed. Lets get real here for a moment, learning anime level weeabanese isn't hard.

To understand anime you don't need to read/write any japanese, which due to lolkanji is arguably the hardest aspect of the language. Japanese isn't a hard language because of complex grammar, or hard to pronounce/understand vocalization, and for anime all you need is to be able to understand elementary level japanese. Christ, you could probably get the gist of most anime with just a couple of hundred words in your vocabulary.

Sit your ass down and do a "survival" type japanese course that focuses on listening / speaking and you'll be able to understand your beloved anime in 2 months.

Not to mention that these rushed translations are piss poor. The only thing I can thank them for is that their piss poor quality initially got me interested in learning japanese myself instead of relying on them.

They should honest to god be on their hands and knees thanking every person who wastes their precious time supporting them.

TL;DR
Disgusting, stop making threads that make me feel ill.
>>
>>140481779
>someone translated something before I translated it bwaaaah.
this is what happened >>140481674
>>
>>140481738
> having someone else take credit for your own hard work is annoying as hell
But they fucking aren't. If they were literally stealing your previous scans and putting their watermarks all over it and saying they did it, I could sort of understand, but that's not what sniping is. Sniping is someone else doing work to release new chapters of a series that you've released previous chapters of and intended to continue doing. They don't steal any credit.
>>
>>140481721
Huh. I can understand him maybe being annoyed on behalf of the people he's working with, but he seems to be taking it way too personally.
>>
>>140478550
People who throw hissy fits about it are shit, especially when it's a case of speedscans vs quality scans. People who are really into the series are going to read both, archive the latter. Hell, if it's a big enough series readers are also looking at the raws, translation summaries, and waiting for weekly spoilers and rumors.

Just working freelance stuff with /a/, I've run into groups like CxC who get all pissy even though they were months behind on a weekly Jump series, as well as perfectly reasonable groups like Roselia who just skipped forward so we weren't doing the same chapters, and later went back to do their own versions of the chapters we did.
>>
>>140481778
Just saying, if they're not entitled to any sort of credit, then we sure as hell are not entitled to criticize them for anything.
>>
>>140481779
Do you know Japanese, anon? Any at all?
>>
>>140479571
/thread
>>
>>140481843
The right to bitch on the internet is a basic human right, we're all entitled to it.
>>
>>140481826
The credit is getting the scans out to the non-japanese people to build up the popularity outside of Japan. I mean, if they hadn't worked on it since the beginning to whatever chapters they are on now, then who is? The group that suddenly decided to translate a chapter after the first group had been doing it for so long?
>>
>>140481713
Editor in scanlation refers to image editing, the script editor is called a proofreader to avoid confusion.
>>
>>140481967
No. No, we are not. We are not entitled to say anything we want on the internet nor in real life. There is a limit to how far we can bitch.
>>
>>140481996
Wait, so by starting to scarlet it at chapter three-bazillion after it's already become popular, they're somehow stealing the credit for making it popular? I don't understand.
>>
>>140481658
This, honestly.
>>
>>140482071
Then call the cops because I'm not gonna stop complaining about retarded scanlators and I don't have my license.
>>
is Aereus actually quitting because Boku Girl got sniped
>>
>>140482071
>There is a limit to how far we can bitch.
If it's just bitching, there really isn't. Both sides are perfectly capable of bitching about this to their heart's content.
>>
>>140482181

No. Nowhere did he say this. We know, however, that he's busy with school.
>>
I think it's people doing illegal things whining about other people doing the same illegal things, but slightly afterward.

It's stupid.
>>
>>140482103
It means the other group is trying to weasel in and say they had a part in making it popular by releasing their own translations. By releasing their own stuff instead of helping the first group with their release, they're implying the first group is no longer capable of continuing the translations and they should switch over to a new/faster group. Sure, they might not be the second group's intentions, but since they had released their own shit instead of helping out, it's somewhat implied. I mean, compare it to real life. Another company that releases the same product but at a faster rate isn't doing it for altruistic purposes.
>>
>>140480964
>while they could the do something else
Yeah, like get a slave wage job and quit acting like their online presence is meaningful. Everybody work 9-5 and usually never turn their lives into a K-Drama by posting about it on their social media.
>>
>>140482239
>I have something planned for next week he says
>months later
>>
Scanlators can go eat shit. They are nothing but attention whores.
>>
>>140482216
You can bitch as far as current slander and libel laws allow you to go.
>>
Since I take no part in scanlating aside from being a shameless leech I don't really care.
>>
>>140481852
I know i could master it better than any of you bozo in less than a year.

I told you to sop tis thread.
>>
>>140478550
>i illegally reproduced someone elses content
>someone took the illegal reproduction i made of someone elses content and hosted it on their website instead
>wah dont take my scanlations!

No honor among thieves. You get to sleep in the bed you make.
>>
>>140482327
Unless a scanlator decides to attack my 4chan post in justice then I can actually bitch farther than that. And even if he does the bitching would have still been done.
>>
>>140482279
> It means the other group is trying to weasel in and say they had a part in making it popular by releasing their own translations
Or they're just looking for credit for translating the new parts.

As for all the rest, that's stuff you shouldn't be bothered about. Yes, they're trying to "beat" you, but that's because they're retarded e-peen-seeking faggots. If you aren't, then you shouldn't care about who beats you. I mean, fuck, imagine this was test notes or something - you compile notes and hand them out. And then someone else starts compiling their own notes and trying to hand them out faster than you. Would you get fucking angry because it's your right to distribute notes for this class? No, you'd just stop doing it and be glad someone else had taken over.
>>
File: 246.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
246.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
I don't get how more people using your translations over another makes you feel better. I translated a 4koma that I'm pretty sure only like 100 people read. It wouldn't have made any difference to me if 100,000 people read it or whatever, it's not like I'm getting paid for it.
>>
>>140482279
>say they had a part in making it popular by releasing their own translations.
Do people actually give a shit about that?

Either way, this is still just an e-peen based argument, with people being more concerned about their egos than the work itself.
>>
>>140481286
Must be shit if you've almost finished and they upload first though
>>
>>140482463
Anon, I have no idea what your post say. Not that it matters since I was talking about freedom of speech in general. Freedom of speech does not mean you can say whatever you want. There is a limit to how far you can take it.
>>
Wait, isn't this the same guy from a few months ago who was complaining about someone sniping him and the thread reached 400-500 replies? If it is this easy to make him mad I wonder what would happen if someone trolled him for real.
>>
MEANDTHEDEVILBLUESWHENFUCK
>>
>>140482500
Anon, no matter how you want to spin it. Having someone come in and start doing your work without your consent, finish it and hand it over to your boss before you do, is an extremely dickish move.
>>
>>140482506
Because in the end, it's all about the e-penis. Like I said before, other then duwang, I cannot think of anyone that wasn't doing it for e-penis purposes. And if they say they aren't, they're utter liars.
>>
>>140482602
I wonder how mad he'd get if I typeset all his translations ahead of time and then started releasing it at like five chapters a day?
>>
>>140481852
Enough to understand my anime and be able to read my mongo.
I won't be writing a novel anytime soon, and serious literature is out of the question as well for now. But I am continuing to learn and I will eventually get there, just a matter of time.

Honestly, over 100 million people speak the language, anyone telling you that learning it is some super hard impossible feat to pull of is being a prick, that sort of nonsense goes into the same box as the "1000x folded steel strongest swords are japanese" meme. Just weebs who have put Japan, and everything related to it including the language, on a pedestal. In their mind it is the hardest and most sacred language on earth to master... Fuck off, aside from learning Kanji, English is arguably a harder language to learn, due to the fact that no matter how many rules you learn, you are still entering a minefield of exceptions and illogical bullshit that makes absolutely no sense and just is that way because that is the way it is. Or to put it other words, I would rather be western and learn Japanese, than be Japanese and learn English. Or in even other words, I have heard enough western people speak proper japanese, I can only think of a handful of japanese people who speak proper English, most of which either studied abroad or are mix raced.

I am not pretending to be some japanese guru, simply pointing out that understanding spoken japanese, which is all you need for anime, is not hard.
The main reason I started is because I have always wanted to visit Japan, and I don't see the point in going there if I can't understand the language and make myself understood.

>>140481820
It isn't fucking alchemy, he didn't discover some secret. Jesus, it won't be long before google&co will have good quality japanese speech to text, who is he going to be bitching to then. Fucking prima donna behavior, the guy needs to realize that if he is doing this for any other reason besides fun for himself, then he is doing it wrong.
>>
>>140482646

Check Illuminati's post.
>>
>>140482550
A limit that's very clearly defined. Whinging about someone illegally translating something you were illegally translating (or whinging about someone else's whinging) isn't coming even close to libel. The latter is clearly opinion, for fucks sake, which would never count as defamation. Don't try to cover it all under super vague "not all speech is protected" statements.
>>
>>140482680
>your work
You have no power to claim it as "your" work.
>>
>>140482680
No, because this isn't a fucking job. You have no boss, no one's promotion is at stake, and you've already "handed in" all the work you've done. They're just taking over the job and turning in their own work in completing it, separately.
>>
>>140482755
Probably very
>>
>>140478550
As a scanlator whose had projects "sniped" I can say without a doubt that he's just an attention whore little bitch.
>>
>>140482055
Could've sworn that position was cleaner or redrawer. Ah well
>>
Remember when translation groups did it for the praise and respect of the community and didn't complain about other sites hosting their scans?

The way I see it is they have no right to complain they steal manga from the Japanese and release it for free so when someone steals it from them they have no right to complain.
>>
File: 9wtKQQPM_400x400.jpg (7KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
9wtKQQPM_400x400.jpg
7KB, 278x278px
>>140482756
>google&co will have good quality japanese speech to text
>google trad is a thing now
>>
>>140480658
>Doing it for credit
Absolute fucking neckbear faggots
Do it because you have passion for it or you're a scion-turbo-nerd
>>
>>140478550
>stealing clandestine translations
>>
>>140482925
Editing can include cleaning, redrawing, and typesetting. Sometimes the jobs are split up, sometimes it's all one person.
>>
>>140478550
You need to work faster if it makes you mad enough to publicly whine about it
>>
>>140482925
No, in scanlation an editor does cleaning, redrawing (which is part of cleaning but some big groups decided to split it", and typesetting.
>>
Immortal Hounds when
>>
>>140482977
>neckbear
>>
>>140483029
>it's all one person.
it's painful when it's only one person.
>>
>>140482977
Exactly. If you treat it like it's a job and not a hobby, the fault is entirely yours and you only look like a whiny bitch when someone gets translations out first.
>>
File: image.png (782KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
782KB, 1280x720px
>TFW so fucking news you don't undrstand a shit about whole story
Feels good to be dumb and just to dl the manga I want to read without giving a shit about all of this
>>
>I'm stealing manga from the nipponese which is okay
>But this other person is stealing them from me which is not okay

yeah i'm not seeing anything wrong with this
>>
>>140483118
>expecting the blogging bitch AnonBlack to do shit
You have to suck her dick.

>>140483129
Why? It's better since you can cheat by typesetting then redrawing around the text.
>>
>>140482797
Anon. My line isn't directed at the scanlator's drama, but at 'The right to bitch on the internet is a basic human right, we're all entitled to it.' line.
>>
>>140483185
Why do you keep starting your posts with "anon"? Are you new?
>>
>>140483129
Depends. It's lonely, but you can sometimes work a lot faster handling all of it together. Like if you're typesetting while redrawing, you might not have to redraw as much.

I die a little of embarrassment every time a typesetter doesn't cover up the worst parts of my redraw.
>>
>fans suck dick when releases come out
>turn into ravenous dicks when releases slow down or they need to make drama
>I never liked X anyway

Every time.
>>
>>140482801
>>140482812
It's just an example, and not really their job. I'm saying if someone had been working hard at something and someone else just comes in, takes their work and finishes it without their consent, it would piss anyone off. You can't expect people to not get pissed off at it.
>>
>>140483164
The less you know the better. The scanlation scene is the peak of weeaboo autism.
>>
>>140483261
Then git gud faggot. Redrawing is easy.
>>
>>140483228
It's so you can tell my post apart. I mean, I am arguing against one person and not several different anons responding to my posts, right?
>>
>>140483280
I mean, I don't get pissed when someone finishes up something I was slow on.
If their work is better than mine = Excellent! A good scanlation of a series I enjoy was released.
If their work was worse than mine = Finish and release my stuff anyway.
>>
>>140483184
I'd still do it for more IH
>>
>>140483280
No, I totally can. It wouldn't piss me off at all. Because they aren't robbing me of anything.
>>
>>140483348
Why would you assume this?
>>
>>140483275
What if I told you that those were two different groups of people?
>>
>>140481026
Tell your cleaner to get good. You don't topaz digital raws.
>>
>>140483280
They don't own the manga, they have no right to be asked for consent. Once it's online it belongs to everyone.
>>
>>140483129
Personally, I can't imagine redrawing for another typesetter, as it would severely slow down the process. I feel pretty good about doing it all myself. Granted, I don't scan.
>>
>>140483348
No, you're responding to at least 2, easily 3, people.
>>
>>140483348
I argued with you at one point but I'm not the anon you're replying to now, sorry.
>>
>>140483351
It's the expectation that if you start something, you get to finish it. Having someone else come in after you worked on something for a while, take your work and finish it for you without your consent is huge blow to one's pride and what other's think of your ability. It's both a loss of ego and face.
>>
File: 1343490731479.jpg (50KB, 300x274px) Image search: [Google]
1343490731479.jpg
50KB, 300x274px
>>140483348
Dude.
>>
>>140483371
>>140483404
>>140483416
Thanks for proving my point, anons.
>>
>>140483472
My ego sure wasn't hurt when it happened to me. If anything I was happy since the work was good enough that I could work on something else in the time I was going to spend on it.
>>
Someone needs to get Tyrone to do the "janitor does it for free" copypasta and replace janitor with "scanlator".

Honestly, if any janitor is reading this, I am sorry for ever having said a bad word about you, any ridicule aimed at you pales in comparison to the ridicule that should be aimed at scanlators.

I have yet to hear of the jaitor's job is more important and strenous, yet not once have we had a janitor throw a temper tantrum. These scanlators bitching is a weekly occurrence now, it is like watching reality TV. I WATCH ANIME BECAUSE I CAN'T STAND NORMIE TV FOR THAT VERY REASON.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>140483530
You're welcome?
>>
>>140478550
Scanlators and fansubbers are the most weird people among anime and manga lovers. A regular something-fag is more normal than these punks.
>>
>>140483472
>It's both a loss of ego and face.
Found your problem.
Getting a series translated nicely is important. A person's reputation doesn't matter one bit.
>>
>>140483530
You didn't need to bother with the "anon" thing though, we recognized you, trust me.
>>
>>140483544
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I mean, take the assigned work from boss example. If someone had pulled that type of shit there, that person would be asking for a shanking.
>>
>>140483530
I'd like to point out that if this wasn't your third day on /a/, or if you weren't a tremendous, socially retarded manchild, you could tell anons apart without having to resort to dumb fuck labelling
>>
Scanlation and fansubbing communities reveal a lot about 'charity' work in general.

They all pretend to work for a good cause, but as soon as they face any inconvenience, it's revealed how desperately they want attention and validation above anything else.

Same goes for drawfags.
>>
>>140483628
Yeah but this isn't a job, it's a hobby. Unless you're an attention whore you just move on.
>>
Did this person buy the rights to publish it? If they did, damn right I am mad someone sniped them.

If they didn't... too bad. They own nothing.
>>
>>140483619
Doubt it, considering I have been posting as three different people in this thread including to responding to my own post.
>>
>>140483472
>huge blow to one's pride
Cringeworthy.
>>
>>140483530
We know it's you even without the anon thing.

But also that doesn't matter in the first place. Any post need only directly address the content of the post it's replying to, not the person behind it. That's one reason why we're all anonymous.
>>
>>140483667
Anon I seriously doubt that considering I'm actually you.
>>
>>140483658
It's just an example. Some people like to finish what they started while others probably don't mind the unneeded help. I can somewhat understand why people would get mad if someone starts helping out when they never asked for it in the first place nor even needed it.
>>
>>140483658
Every single one of these people are attention whores, which is why they can't get over it.
>>
File: laughing dragons.png (793KB, 805x945px) Image search: [Google]
laughing dragons.png
793KB, 805x945px
>>140483472
>huge blow to one's pride and what other's think of your ability. It's both a loss of ego and face.
Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>140483730
I know. I forgot to take my pills after all.
>>
Why do scanlators watermark shit? I can get putting a page at the end of a chapter/volume advertising your group, but when you watermark every page or every other page it gets on my fucking tits. Every time I see it, I make a mental note to avoid that group like the plague in the future.
>>
>>140483741
Someone else doing their own version doesn't stop you from finishing what you started.
>>
>>140483598
I actually view scanlators and fansubbers as the normiest of normalfags within our "subculture". It would take a normie to care so much about credit, that it becomes the sole reason you do your "job". Validation is more important to them than their hooy, sounds like the trademark of a normie to me. An actual /a/utist would just scanlate because he likes to scanlate then throw it onto some website once he's done and not give a fuck about what happened to it at that point. This entire website was built on that concept. People spending hours coming up and making OC to never be remembered for it, because they don't care about being remembered.

TL;DR
Anyone who needs to be validated this badly is a normie by definition in my dictionary.
>>
>>140483741
Nothing is stopping you from finishing what you started.
There's no issue other than your inflated ego being hurt, thinking that you alone deserve the right to complete the series.

You're simply afraid that someone else might get the validation you so desperately crave.
>>
>>140483797
>Why do scanlators watermark shit?
tell to niggerstream
>>
>>140483797
All a big ugly watermark does is make me want to remove it or look somewhere else. Certainly not visit their website or feel thankful.
>>
>>140478550
Readers have no reason to wait for scanlators to move they lazy ass. Their fault they take too much time to release something.
>>
>>140483472
> It's the expectation that if you start something, you get to finish it.
No, that's not how this fucking works, you idiot.
>>
>>140483811
Still a good thing they exist but they should still be reminded periodically they're dirt, like that lowest social class in India.
>>
>>140483811
Kill yourself, /r9k/.
>>
If your going to get pissed just don't do it.
>>
>>140483805
No, of course not. But it is somewhat annoying to have someone else do it after all this time without telling you about it in the first place nor offered to help you out first.

>>140483838
E-penis is everything. How can I feel better about myself if not for the fact that I have a bigger e-penis than you? Only people with no e-penis wouldn't care about stuff like that.
>>
If anything he should be mad at his shitty group for not making any releases despite the next 50 chapters being translated already.
>>
>>140484007
>E-penis is everything. How can I feel better about myself if not for the fact that I have a bigger e-penis than you? Only people with no e-penis wouldn't care about stuff like that.
You are the problem.
>>
>>140478550
cry more, faggot
holy shit
what an actual, legitimate, loser gaylord
>>
File: d8.png (60KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
d8.png
60KB, 540x480px
>>140483811
I think people who have enough IRL don't need internet fame for their alter-egos.
>>
>>140484007
You have bigger problems than someone "sniping" you. You should see a psychologist.
>>
>There are no laws or policies that support my stance so I am going to take to socialmedia in the hopes of starting a witchhunt QQ

Sounds like reddit.

It basically has to be reddit, it is the CORE difference between this place and reddit, nobody here cares about validation, becasue you can't be validated, nobody knows who you are, there is no score keeping track of "how good" you are doing.
Reddit is ALL about validation, your post is either good or bad, popular or unpopular, people either like what you do or they don't, a constant competition to have people validate what you say and do.
>>
>>140484007
It's also somewhat annoying to have entitled scanlators cry about their miniscule non-problems.

If you want validation, do something that is actually worthy of praise.
>>
>>140484071
>nobody here cares about validation
What do you think tripfags, namefags, scanfags and translators are doing here?

They all want their ebin 4chan recognition.
>>
>>140484026
>>140484063
You're all just jealous I have a bigger e-penis than you. You probably need a microscope to see yours.
>>
>>140482756
>...
>I have heard enough western people speak proper japanese
Good one. There's a reason for the stereotype of English teachers living there for 10 years without learning the language. There's also a reason why Japanese people "don't understand their perfect pronounciation" as arrogant expats like to put it.
>>
>>140478550
If he doesn't like it, maybe he shouldn't go four months without a release then. Fucking autistic retard.
>>
>>140484193

What's a scanfag? People who scan? Ive never seen a tripfag that scans.
>>
>people who don't feel like doing timely quality work on something anymore still feel like claiming ownership over their illegal fan translations of someone else's actual orofessional work
>and bitch about it on social media to boot

Everything is wrong with this scenario, from the people involved, to this thread existing and my reply. I hate you all.
>>
>>140484281
I hate you too darling.
>>
>>140479835

This.
>>
>>140480566
Scanlator here, 3-5 hours for 4 months to put out releases is mad inefficient. He has to be actually only working an hour or something, or he's replacing all the text with english, including the drawn in text. No doubt a release is hardwork but this sounds like hamming it up.

What else has this guy put out? Im really curious if his effort and quality of work is really that high or if he's just begging for attention.
>>
>>140484071
It's good when you can recognize a good encoder and talk to him. Ask, request, etc. There's nothing wrong with release signatures either. It helps you to filter what you prefer.

There's a huge difference in relationships of releasers and users between /a/ and /m/ and I don't know why.
>>
File: everything.jpg (44KB, 382x523px) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
44KB, 382x523px
Shit happens. People need to move on with their lives and stop drowning themselves in what could have been.

>>140483324
>easy
Depends on what you got to work with to rebuild the image. It's not that simple, bra. Believe me.

>>140482926
The thing is that they see no point in finishing it when 99% of people will simply read what's uploaded first.
>>
>>140484248
Well with that reasoning lets throw in the Japanese English speaker stereotype as well, there is not a country that gets ridiculed for piss poor English more than Japan.

Also what does that even have to do with anything? If you can't speak a language after being in the country for 10 years, that is on you failing to apply yourself, don't try to blame it on the language being "too hard".
>>
>>140480349

What a fucking faggot lmao.
>>
>>140484193
Well you named three different things, but on 4chan they all under the moniker of tripfag. I forget these people exist because I filter all of them, it is only when it gets brought up in a discussion like this that I remember you can choose to be a namefag on 4chan.
>>
>>140484386
>The thing is that they see no point in finishing it when 99% of people will simply read what's uploaded first.
What part of this is a problem?
If you don't want to finish it, don't.
Ïf you do want to finish it, do that.

It's a non-issue, as the only thing being hurt is the inflated ego of the slowest scanlator.
>>
/a/ should start a sniper scanlators group just to fuck with this guy.
>>
>>140480474
where does it say they dropped it? the last couple chapters have been awkwardly released, but the volumes completely caught up to the monthlies. you don't waste the time & energy and drop it just a couple months later.
>>
>>140484193
Anon's point is that it isn't ingrained into the website software.
>>
>>140484516
Sounds like a whole lot of effort just to troll some dude few people have even heard of before this thread.
>>
>>140484379
Probably because on /m/ it is actually a relationship due to the lower activity. Here it is a plebbit tier competition for popularity. Or to put it differently, the attention whore scanlators are naturally drawn to the places with highest activity, i.e. not /m/ (not bashing /m/ here, it just is how it is)
>>
As far as I'm concerned, if as a reader I wouldn't want something in what I'm reading, it shouldn't go in a scanlation. I just don't bother with credits anymore, if anyone remotely cares who released something they'll know to use MU to find my site. If I see something I like that hasn't been translated in a while, I'll do a chapter of it to get people interested. If whoever was doing it before wants to bitch about sniping, I can just delete any whiny comments or emails they send me. I have literally no reason to care about what they think I should or should not be doing with my time.
>>
>>140484470
A regular trip/namefag wants reddit-style identity and opinion validation
A scanfag wants the thread's anons to suck his cock, and they always do.
Not all of them use trips.
>>
>>140484375
So, how do we know you're actually a scanlator?
>>
Can someone please snipe Rainbow so I can finish it before the end of the century?
>>
File: 1453644001443.jpg (58KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1453644001443.jpg
58KB, 450x443px
>>140478550
>releases 1 chapter in 5 years
>OH LOOK SOMEBODY'S STEALING
Jesus christ this nigger fucking hang yourself
>>
>>140484637

Do you mean a scanlator? I've never heard "scanfag" used. Why not call them Translatorfags?
>>
>>140484637
I've only had one occasion to provide scans, so maybe I'm not what you're talking about. But I did it 'cause I can't moonspeak for shit and knew /a/ would translate if I delivered raws.
>>
>>140480668
Doing something for free doesn't let you be a faggot. If he stops doing it someone else will take over.
>>
>>140480349
>600 hours spent on something that then got plucked from under his nose by some other guy who spent 0 hours on it
AAYYYYY

Can the guy who """"stole"""" this be identified? I want to both congratulate and thank him.
>>
>>140484591
>just to
No, you also help get 3gatsu scanlated faster.
>>
>>140478550
Don't care. Whatever gets me my manga faster
>>
Meanwhile the Helck dude translated and typesetted 60 chapters in 2 weeks. Fuck HWMN
>>
>>140480060
>couple jmanga license rescues
>Sun-Ken Rock - nearly complete, no extras
>Arakawa Under the Bridge - complete
>Space Brothers - caught up
>Coppelion - complete
CR is crushing it. If they were to license some older completed titles, there'd be a lot more people jumping on the bandwagon.
>>
>>140484832

As long as CR's quality isn't shit, I'm okay with them. Not like I'm paying for it.
>>
ITT entitled EOPs think they're big guys for making fun of autists that spend their lives translating shit to them for free.
>>
How many 3-gatsu chapters will they release this year? 2?
>>
>>140484657
cause what he sense makes logistical sense, 3-4 hours is hamming it up.
>>
>>140484949
>EOP

Means?
>>
>>140485075
It means you can't do anything.
>>
>>140484949
>EOPs
Back to /jp/ with you.
>>
>>140484944
Some chapters I do still find the occasional text bubble fuck-up, but most mistakes are no worse than what most scanslation groups do anyway. I'm more annoyed when some cunt typesets something and does not use a text smoothing filter. Who the fuck does that?!
>>
>>140485075
Google it, nigga.
>>
>>140484949
We are making fun of them because they are doing this work for us instead of themselves.

It is literally below janitor tier, the janitor still does it for his own enjoyment. These guys howeer do it for a bunch of uparrows and "thank you's".

You basically completely missed the point if you think anyone here is making fun of scanlators scanlating. Go learn to read, then kys.
>>
File: ss+(2015-02-11+at+01.48.15).png (139KB, 230x248px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-02-11+at+01.48.15).png
139KB, 230x248px
I hope scanlators just die already. I'm still butthurt that they dropped zetman two years ago while there was only 7 chapters remaining. And Your Lie in April too, if was not for Horrible speedscan the hole freaking thing, we would never get the whole manga before the end of the anime.
>>
Most scanlators are driven by epeen. They love soaking up praise and attention, they love the feeling of being the only link people have to something they want. They get super possessive of the series they scanlate and act like they have some kind of claim on it because its how they get their power trip fix. That's why they throw hissy fits whenever somebody dares to translate one of "their" series.
>>
>>140485075
It's a term you use when you want to let the world know that you're a huge faggot. It has no other meaning.
>>
File: 1460835250716.png (396KB, 1924x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1460835250716.png
396KB, 1924x1608px
>>140485149
>Your Lie in April
>Forced drama
>>
>>140484949

We're making fun of him cause he's being a sissy faggot bitch.
>>
>>140485149
Nigga Zetman is shit. The last time the author wrote something good was the 90s.
>>
>>140484944
The only CR manga I have seen is Arakawa. It's terrible.
>>
>>140478550
Sniping should never occur for the reader's own good. It means that scanlators redo the same chapter twice, when plenty of other mangas go unscanlated. It's not about muh reputation but ensuring the maximum number of series get translated.

The only exception to this rule is if scanlators are so slow they might as well be dead for example 2 months on a weekly series or the scans are in such bad quality that they need to be redone.
>>
>>140485135
>You basically completely missed the point if you think anyone here is making fun of scanlators scanlating.
That would have been you.
>>140485149
>I hope scanlators just die already.

There's no need to damage control your own ungratefulness. In turn you'll have what you deserve if you're favorite manga is dropped and you're left with nothing but asian runes.
>>
>>140485230
At least finish the fucking manga when you translate two hundred chapters of that shit.

>>140485205
You know something has drama when even the translation had.
>>
>>140485075
'English-only people' I guess. By that they probably mean 'people who can't read Japanese'.
>>
>>140485301
Peasant, not people.
>>
>>140478550
I've been translating something for sometime, some faggot with no life comes and starts doing it faster. Ive got a job, cant compete, yet my translations are better. My blog readers dropped to 1/3.
>>
File: 015.png (241KB, 880x1400px) Image search: [Google]
015.png
241KB, 880x1400px
>Kewl is still being a faggot
Holy shit, this Jojolion crap really got his shit stirred. What a retard.
>>
>>140485330
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>140485261
Nobody in this thread is making fun of scanlators scanlating m8, the only aspect that is being made fun of is the attentionwhoring butthurt aspect.

Stop defending attentionwhores, your pleddit is starting to show
>>
>>140485330
I bet lots of us have English as our second or even a third language.
>>
>>140484690

My sides.
>>
>>140485361
No, that is literally what EOP stands for. It's mean to be an insult.
>>
>>140484657
If translators took 3 to 4 hours a day several months to put out shit, online translations would be way more rare. Almost all the popular shonen are updated with translations the same day, and several have high quality releases anyway.
>>
>>140485409
Keep your revisionist history elsewhere.
>>
>>140485343
What's that internetlaw called again? Poe's law? I don't think I have ever read something to which that applied more than this post...

No idea if this is sarcastic trolling or genuine butthurt, if the first then you are truly an artist anon.
>>
File: 1296163598528.jpg (81KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1296163598528.jpg
81KB, 400x400px
>FUKE crying like a bitch nigga when that one group snipped that artist he liked
>>
File: 1457623178288.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1457623178288.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>This is my translation for a work I dont actually own or have any rights to.
>A translation that I also posted on a publicly accessible page.
>Someone is stealing.
>If I paint street art of the side of a wall I own that image and the section of wall it occupies. Also you can't take pictures.
>>
>>140485301
The P is for peasant, its intended as an insult and is used exclusively by text hook using VN readers who want to feel superior.
>>
File: notkewlbro.png (67KB, 606x907px) Image search: [Google]
notkewlbro.png
67KB, 606x907px
That chris crocker fellow sure does whine a lot.
>>
you guys realize that like 99% of scanlators are 14 year olds that have absolute no grasp of japanese, right? their egos aren't the biggest problem with their work.
>>
>>140478550
Ridiculously stupid.
Either you're doing it to bring the material to more people in which case someone "sniping" it from you is great news, because more people will be reading it without more work from you (and if it's worse quality you can continue doing it!).
Or you do it for the Internet fame in which case fuck you.
>>
I think I can understand how these faggots could be so entitled.

Unpopular series are hard to find in the internet, more so translated ones. Scanlators becomes God giving food to peasants when they release something.

Now imagine autistic weeaboo introverted nerds getting this power.
>>
>>140485611
no dignity
>>
>>140485611
Shameful display.
>>
File: 1458238856032.jpg (53KB, 550x461px) Image search: [Google]
1458238856032.jpg
53KB, 550x461px
>>140485611
>>140485611
>>140485611
autism
>>
File: 1460992758575.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460992758575.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>140485611
>i finished Jojolion translation but i'm not going to post it
>>
File: 1324521746773.jpg (86KB, 854x699px) Image search: [Google]
1324521746773.jpg
86KB, 854x699px
>>140485611
>I still feel like crying though
Is this nigga for real?
>>
File: 1432083434228.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1432083434228.gif
3MB, 286x258px
I love these threads because I can spend 1 minute just rolling my face over the keyboard to upset some asshat who spends 500+ hours translating stuff for naught.

My 1 minute investment has a higher return than his 720000 minute investment.
>>
>>140485611
Link him this thread, maybe he'll start crying.
>>
>>140485611

>inb4 someone snipes jojolion and he kills himself
>>
File: 1460047736122.jpg (65KB, 236x337px) Image search: [Google]
1460047736122.jpg
65KB, 236x337px
>>140485611
>i finished Jojolion translation but i'm not going to post it
>>
>>140484398
>there is not a country that gets ridiculed for piss poor English more than Japan
Here you mean? There are far worse countries when it comes to English.

>Also what does that even have to do with anything?
Language teachers not applying themselves to learn a language? Strange how they share this stereotype with low IQ immigrants (almost as if they have a hard time).

Also you conveniently skipped the normal expat part. But then you can always blame it on xenophobia, like everything else. In a way xenophobia is to foreigners what Korea is to Japan.
>>
>>140478550
all someone "sniping" your scanlation means is you're dragging your ass or your quality is awful
>>
>>140485611
>I don't want someone scanlating without permission
Meanwhile in japan some manga artist is contemplating suicide as he can't provide for his family on his minimum wage job that has no outlook of ever improving because the western market remains forever pirateland.
>>
File: wearealllaughingatyou.gif (205KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
wearealllaughingatyou.gif
205KB, 500x281px
>>140485693
Everyone should 'like' his crying comment.
>>
File: kewl.jpg (30KB, 508x512px) Image search: [Google]
kewl.jpg
30KB, 508x512px
>>140485611
>He's a scanlator
>On the internet
>For a Japanese backwards comic book
>He does it for free
>He takes his job very seriously
he does it because it is the only amount of power & control he will ever have in his pathetic life
>he doesn't release his scanlations because whenever he gets upset he has an asthma attack
he will never have a real job
>he will never move out of his parent's house
>he will never be at a healthy weight
>he will never know how to cook anything besides a hot pocket
>he will never have a girlfriend
>he will never have any friends
>>
>>140485843

Manga artists don't care about foreign scanlation, only English Jew publishers do. Hell, my favorite artists are okay with scanlation and even repost it.
>>
>>140478550
Only autists get mad when other people scanlate "their" manga. It shows how greedy and egotistical some faggots are.

Maybe they should do a better job and NOT be months behind if they don't want to get "sniped". Maybe people would "snipe" them if they were active enough that people remembered that they existed. Maybe they should stop being fucking shitbabies.
>>
>>140485945

This.
Only Jews gets mad because they can't milk every cent they could.

I think the artists are happy though cause their works are given publicity.
>>
File: 1387438038317.jpg (120KB, 1280x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1387438038317.jpg
120KB, 1280x1442px
>>140485611
>Finish something
>Don't post it
>Get pissed off and wonder why someone else scanlated and released what they worked on (assuming if "their" product ever existed)
Autism incarnate.
>>
>>140485776
I feel like we are drifting into silly arguments for no real reason other than to drift into silly arguments.

My initial point was that spoken Japanese is not that hard to learn, especially at elementary school anime level, it isn't exactly political debates you need to follow in an anime.
>>
>>140485945
>my favorite artists are okay with scanlation and even repost it
link
>>
>>140485611
Looks like he's sort of self aware that he's doing a thankless chore but he hasn't quite put it all together yet.

If getting scooped makes him that buttangry the guy should really find a different hobby. Helping old people at the retirement home is just as thankless a chore but at least you'll get some ribbon candy out of it.
>>
File: Teiga.jpg (92KB, 512x410px) Image search: [Google]
Teiga.jpg
92KB, 512x410px
>>140485945
>Hell, my favorite artists are okay with scanlation and even repost it.
who
>>
>>140485776
Majority of people that travel overseas to teach English in Japan aren't actually teachers, or even language students themselves.

To go over there and teach you just need to be a native English speaker with any kind of degree and apply to a program for the position of talking English at students.
>>
>>140485945
Well I was only joking to point out the irony in this scanfag complaining about "no permission".
>>
File: 1461258783401.gif (2MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1461258783401.gif
2MB, 160x120px
>>140486035
>I think the artists are happy though cause their works are given publicity.
is this nigga for real?
>>
>>140485343
Why would someone pick someone else's project? I even released weekly.

They are pieces of shit, that's why. They even stealed my fucking pdfs and put them behing linkbucks and adfly shit. You say its not stealing but what do you call it then?

In the end I decided to slow down the pace. It bothered me a lot more at the beginning but I decided I would just translate for myself at my own pace. Fuck everyone.
>>
>>140486213

Yes. There's a H artist who included an omake about foreign scanlation. He basically said "wow this guy redrew my spread, that's cool. If you like it buy it."
>>
>>140486213
It sure as hell helped Watamote sell volumes. Not that many series go like that.
>>
>>140485950
I don't get why these fags try something unique if they are so worried, like translate into Dutch, or Swedish, or some other language that would net them a niche following.
>>
File: 2016-04-22_02-24-38.jpg (39KB, 397x472px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-22_02-24-38.jpg
39KB, 397x472px
>>140485343
>>140486237
wew
>>
>>140485343
>My blog readers dropped to 1/3
Why is that an important metric?
Why would that be important to anything?
Do you translate stuff to increase your blog readers? Why would anyone support you for that?
>>
>>140486213

Not everyone is a kike like you, anon.
>>
>>140486396
>Getting "paid" for your work with "publicity"

Why are you such a cuck and letting jews take advantage of you?
>>
>>140486151
From what I have heard this is a thankless job in which you are basically a talking puppet that follows the orders of the actual teacher. You speak when asked to speak, and shut up when not asked. You have no say in what happens in the class.

I am learning Japanese just so I can go visit it, why on earth you would want to LIVE there without speaking a lick of nip is absolutely beyond me
>>
>>140486459

Mangaka don't make money from foreign markets unless it gets licensed, in which they receive a small lump sum. I don't even know what you're trying to argue, but it's dumb.
>>
>>140486541
To learn.
Best way to become fluent in a language is to immerse yourself in it.
Getting a nice little job in Japan is going to get you caught up real fast.
>>
>>140486593
>in which they receive a small lump sum
Going to need a source on that.
>>
>>140486213
Why would the artist care about scanlations of work that isn't licensed overseas? The only people losing out are the guys at Yen Press & Co who lost out on an opportunity to market something in the west.

Even if it were licensed in the west, it wouldn't have such an enormous impact to actually affect his pay.

Either way he is getting shit pay and, like us, doesn't care when the top-joo 3rd party publishers lose out.
>>
>>140486372
Is it wrong to take pride in knowing that you are helping spread something you consider great?
>>
>>140486682

Seven Seas made a post about it on their Tumblr or Twitter or whatever.
>>
>>140486237
Ya, still not sure if this is someone who has mastered the art of trolling or if this is sincere butthurt.
>>
I don't understand this drama. When someone also tried to do Hellsing, I just continued doing my thing since I enjoy translating that series. Didn't have social media that time but it won't make a difference to me.
>>
>>140481504
>doesn't touch his waifu for months
>gets pissed when someone else sticks it on
if you don't fuck your wife, eventually someone else will
>>
>>140486740
Not at all.
The point is, that's not taken away, if somebody "snipes" a project from you. If anything, that's a testament to your participation in spreading that piece of entertainment.
You helped make something popular enough that it's worth to get picked up by another group.
And now more people get it faster, with you needing to work less!
There is absolutely no downside to that.
>>
>>140481504
No, because I am not a faggot. I ran a translation group as well when I was pissed off at the other group poor scans and translations. The other group eventually could not keep up with my speed and quality.
>>
Anonymous asked: I don't want to put you in a bad position, but this question is again about scanlation sites. I make it a point not to read anything that I think is going to be/is being brought to the west, but there are some titles that I've found that interest me that just will never be made for sale legally in English. Is it still considered such a bad thing to read these online when they've been fan translated? Has fan interest online ever compelled a publisher to go back and take a second look at a title?
Whether “fan interest” from scanlations hurts or drives sales is a much-debated topic. Here’s my personal opinion as an editor who’s involved with making licensing recommendations here. Though others may disagree, I think it does represent a significant set of people inside the industry. You should ask vertical-inc and other publishers for more insight into this topic, as well. Click to read the rest, as this is rather long.

Today, here’s how our process works. We read series as they begin serialization in Kodansha’s magazines, and we keep an eye on the promising ones. If it’s by an author or from a franchise we’ve had success with, that’s a major bonus. Kodansha Japan will come to us to with the series they want to push in the future.
>>
>>140486965
These drama fags, why don't they just go into the professional victim industry on social media if they want attention so much? You get to be an attention whore and get money.
>>
>>140486993
We also consider which series may get an anime presence. All of these factors are more important than fan requests online. Though there was a time when most publishers referred to scanlations during licensing, and maybe some still do, we don’t. The other manga publishers I’m familiar with don’t either.

This is not because we don’t pay attention to our fans. It’s because we’ve learned from experience that highly-requested series usually produce sales that come in under expectations. The biggest reason is that, unfortunately, heavy social media users are just not representative of a majority of English-language manga fans. But it can’t help that most of the target audience has already read the series online, and thus isn’t very motivated to buy.

When series, usually seinen series, that are frequently requested on social media as a result of scans do get licensed, sales might be okay for Vol. 1 and sometimes 2, but they drop far below expectations on Vol. 3+. My personal hypothesis here is that people who’ve read the scanlations maybe remember to buy Vol. 1 or 2 because they want to support the artist, but by Vol. 3 and later they either forget or feel they’ve done their part. But the publisher is still on the hook for five, ten, fifteen more potentially money-losing volumes.

So, given the choice (and we usually aren’t), I would rather start from zero with a series I strongly believed in and try to build an audience for the legal release than be forced to compete with illegal scanlations that people have already been reading for months or years.

-kodanshacomics
>>
>>140486633
You go to japan, to learn japanese, so you can live in japan, all the while doing a thankless souldestroying job. Doesn't this strike you as somewhat of a retard approach? Why not take classes before you leave, fuck me, you can self teach all the major languages out there with the help of the internet.

I taught myself to understand spoken japanese with the help of assimil. Whenever I got time I would work through a lesson, after about 6 months I felt like watching japanese TV was actually meaningful, rather than just noise.

I mean, the only reason I can imagine for moving to Japan without speaking a word of Japanese is if you decide more or less out of the blue to pack up and move, which would just beg the question; "Why are you deciding this out of the blue?"
>>
>>140486860
That's because you aren't a fag and this guy is. It really is that simple. This to me is like complaining about someone saving your 4chins OC and reposting it on another board.
>>
>>140486053
>Finish something
>Don't post it

To be fair at that point he just had the translation written up as a block of text, not the actual scanlation finished. I don't know what the point of him posting those ever was, aside from giving shithead scanlator groups an opportunity to nab his work.

Now on the otherhand, him crying because an /a/non did their own completely independent scanlation of the chapter, is completely retarded.
>>
>>140481504
Fucking blogposting, really? You talk about shit making you angry and people basically dissing your work, but then have the audacity to come here and shitpost, not adhere to our boardculture, and basically dissing us. Get out.

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

Why are you even complaining here, nobody on /a/ fucking cares about you, or your scanlations.
>>
>>140478550
>stealing already stolen work
i fucking hate these autist that think they're doing legitimate work
scanlation is illegal if its not done by the publisher
why can't these autist get that in their heads?
>>
File: img000005.png (72KB, 370x272px) Image search: [Google]
img000005.png
72KB, 370x272px
>>140478550
>waaa someone is STEALING my pirated manga translation that I haven't released for ever!
I would find this funnier if it weren't for the fact that I used to work with someone just like him. Who even follows this ass on Twitter?
>>
What's your take on this?

>Okay, so someone released shit scans with >shit redraws. and faulty translations cause we >were too busy with real life?

>The TL on 4chan specifically said they're >interim translations, and I've already said >before that there are multiple errors in his >script.

>So, good job.

>Way to be butthurt, mate. What I do with my >time is my business.

>I specifically stated that these were in no way >an "official" release and were simply interim >until you guys were able to catch up. I >understand the redraws and translation are of >sub par quality, but I never claimed that they >were anything more than such.

>Frankly, your anger is simply ridiculous >considering you haven't bitched at the interim >translator for doing his thing. Believe it or not, >some people just would like to read what's out >there in a more convenient format. But hey, >I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing. You do >you, mate.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tsurezure-children-r15941?st=475#commentsStart
>>
>>140487047
>I would rather start from zero with a series I strongly believed in and try to build an audience for the legal release

Then they should do what Vertical is doing and ask on fucking /a/ what they want released the most. Users here won't request something they've already read and will instead want something with absolutely no available scanlations. I can almost guarantee Vertical will pick up Rakugo Shinju.
>>
>>140487512
Bato.to users do.
>>
File: edgar1341653734430.jpg (40KB, 355x417px) Image search: [Google]
edgar1341653734430.jpg
40KB, 355x417px
>stealing
>>
>>140487549
I would like to have a word with you about your post formatting.
>>
>>140478550
Why they dont just release their version?
>>
>>140487549
>linking Batoto comment threads
You do know they're infested with Reddit, right?
>>
>>140487549

>So? That still doesn't mean the translations are correct.

>He could've contacted us if he wanted to help.

>Ahahaha? Through WHAT method would you suggest? Posting here and waiting ten years for you to respond? The matter of the fact is I went to your site scouring for a IRC link or even a form to apply to help out with the process, but you have NO manner in which I could do so.

>And as far as the translations go, while the nuances are far from perfect, I think they do more than a good enough job of helping understanding the context of the series. Are they the best? No. Did anyone ever claim as such? No.

>Like I mentioned, if you have this much disdain over the fact that I simply typeset what was already available out there for anyone to view, you should have bitched at the translator as you are bitching at me. All I did was make the current, albeit not professional, translation out there easier to read.

>Don't kid yourself, mate. Scanlation is a moral gray area at best, and you are not an "official" group with any sort of licensing for this series. We both are simply just trying to do one thing: bring this series to different demographics. You are still MORE than welcome to release for this series with better translations and higher quality scans. I would be HAPPY to remove the chapters when that becomes the case.

>Until then, these are an interim scanlation. Like it or not.

>Post a comment on our blog to get my attention? I know, it's a ridiculous thought.

>Also, I never said I am an official scanlator, where did you even get that idea? What I did say, however, is that I don't like people reading bad translations without them even knowing it.

>>140487665
ye my bad senpai.

>>140487692
I'll just post the rest then
>>
>>140487671
Withholding scanlations is the only power these people have.
>>
What sort of cognitive dissonance does one need to possess to think that when your pirated work gets pirated that it is stealing?
>>
>>140478986
At one point someone paid a translator to release one volume of 3 Gatsu because the scanlation group hadn't done anything for almost a year. Immediately after it was posted online they started scanlating the series again, and they retranslated the volume the other guy did.
>>
>>140487716

>Not every person interested in scanlation has the luxury of waiting for a response from a group, especially when it requires one to comment on a blog page and hope that they'll get a response within the next hour or so. Like you say, real life and all that.

>Again, your issues with the TRANSLATION need to be brought up with the TRANSLATOR. All I did was take whats out there, that people were already reading, and typeset them. And you can claim that this translation is utter garbage, the worst of the worst, etc. However, the translation is still understandable and readable. If you have issue with the translation being posted, then just continue doing what you are doing, and release a translation that is up to your standards to replace this one that has been used.

>It's not as if this scanlation in any way impedes the work that you are doing. If you intended to release a version of this series with your translation before I started doing this yesterday, my editing of this should not play a factor in how or when you release it.

>Literally noone is so busy that they cannot answer a message. If you really must know, I get a notification for every comment, and I approve each one of them.

>I have no gripe with the translator because he didn't typeset it. And you know as well as I do that people rarely come back for revised scans.

>But indeed, I cannot stop you, so do what you must. I am merely wondering how one is willingly typesetting translations that you know are not correct. But again, that's just my opinion.
>>
>>140478550
who cares
>>
>>140478550
translation drama is always funny as fuck
>>
File: img000007.jpg (117KB, 895x1283px) Image search: [Google]
img000007.jpg
117KB, 895x1283px
>>140487813

>You definitions of correct and mine differ. From the start, translations are a fickle business, as there are many ways in which to interpret, localize or revise a line written in it's original Japanese.

>However, what I look for in a translation, as many others, is that is it mostly correct, flows legibly, and understandable most of the time. This translation passes the eye test and while it might not be 100% correct to the letter, I (along with others, obviously) still derive enjoyment out of reading it. Considering this is a 4Koma love comedy, i feel like the translations not being perfect is excusable due to the nature of the material.

>I, as the credits page I use explains, am simply just bored and I enjoy reading the series enough to forgive a mis-translation of a line here and there.

>Also, you care far too much about how many people read the scans if you are bringing up the lack of people who come back for revised scans. Those who care, will. Those who don't, won't. I personally, especially with these kinds of series, tend to re read often, so I would have no problems rereading a 6 page chapter when it comes out in HQ.
>>
>>140484516
We tried with lotte no omocha, was fun at one point then people stopped caring and a different group picked it up.
>>
>>140487850
After a while it's the same shit that blurs details. The only drama I can remember with any clarity is Shieldbro, Love Lab, and Renzokusei pissing off Village Idiot. Also, Prozess. Can't forget the king of autism.
>>
>>140487782
jesus christus
>>
>>140487720
It's funny because nobody cares, it isn't like were talking about some obscure LN that only 1 guy decided to translate or so. People will just move to a different site/source for their daily fix of manga, literally nobody cares about these translators beside themselves.

The irony lies in the fact that they would be more popular if they just stopped giving a fuck and would just release shit and not care about what happened to it.
>>
>>140487720
>withholding
a good way to lose followers
>>
>>140487813
this is almost as autistic as Tomo-chan scans
>>
>>140478550
I bought the Turtlefishpaint Jinx doujin, paid like $60 for it. Fucking pain in the ass, had to find a Taiwanese shopping service just for it.
It had been out for a few months and got to me literally days before somebody posted scans on Sadpanda.
I felt shitty about it for a few days and then I got over it because if you snooze, you lose. I have hath and dosh out the ass to begin with and I scan things I want to jerk it to. You'd only get pissed about "scanlation sniping" if you were in this for the e-fame.
>>
>>140487813
>>140487898
What are they even arguing about here? I am so lost.
>>
>>140480964
I'd be happy if they fucked off and did something else
>>
>>140488038
>literally days before
Sorry, meant to say literally days AFTER.
In other news if anybody wants to buy an unopened copy of Come On Shoot Faster, hmu
>>
>>140487561
I dunno, a good amount of people asked for Voynich Hotel in that one thread.
>>
>>140487782
Tfw have a friend who learned moonrunes and did a lot of "translating for fun" by penciling in the translations for the manga he owned. He would then let me read them. Tfw he would take requests of me to translate certain manga as a form of practice.

A lot was abreviated, and written in telegram style to save him time, but I never cared.
>>
>>140488005
The scanlator of Teppu did it to blackmail people into donating hundreds of dollars every month or he would stop posting chapters even if the donations for the last month were already made.
>>
>>140478986
Underdog are the worst

Months behind on sesuji wo pin, an actual jump manga, but got into an autistic huff when someone else did a chapter.
>>
>>140488130
genius
>>
>>140488130
Is this Kanapox we're talking about? I thought he had died.
>>
File: 133.jpg (163KB, 1144x1696px) Image search: [Google]
133.jpg
163KB, 1144x1696px
>>140484516
I'd pay good money to see a bunch of nerds randomly pick an unfinished chapter, typeset it, post it online and tweet the faggot afterward.
>>
>>140488153
>got into an autistic huff when someone else did a chapter
Interesting. Maybe I should do a chapter too, just to watch them choke on their rage.

>>140484516
Sounds fun, I could translate if anyone else is game.
>>
>>140480349

>Make an unauthorized derivative work of some Chinese magazine with intent to distribute
>It is stealing and copyright infringement
>Somebody takes the product of your crime and creates yet another unauthorized derivative work
>Be mad like a bitch

Where can I find this asshole to call him out on his faggotry? Does he have like an IRC or email or something?
>>
>>140486147
Not the they anon but Keiko Takemiya was once asked about scanlation in an interview and her response was along the lines of
>people are translating manga because they think it's a good story worth sharing with others
>>
Now that we are talking about autist groups, what was the name of the group that was doing Hero academy that added Tumblr and devianart fanshit to their releases?
>>
>>140488271
plebbit
>>
>>140488194
I'm considering doing a chapter and putting a note at the end that says it's from a translation posted publicly and that the translator claims no rights to the series.
>>
>>140488153
The sniper dude joined them and did a few chapters. They are slow as fuck since he left though and now they only release random shit no one cares about
>>
>>140488271
>what was the name of the group that was doing Hero academy that added Tumblr and devianart fanshit to their releases?
Sounds like Mangastream.

I was once asked by a Facebook group, of all things, to link their page in the credits for my releases. The group is a gathering of so-called fans for the author of the manga I'm translating. Ignored the fuck out of that one but the autism is definitely real.
>>
File: based retard.png (23KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
based retard.png
23KB, 212x172px
>"stealing" the right to illegally translate a comic
Scanlator autism will never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>140488334
please do
>>
File: funfunfun.jpg (374KB, 1153x1650px) Image search: [Google]
funfunfun.jpg
374KB, 1153x1650px
>>140488130
Why not spend this money on, you know, learning the language. I will never, never ever, understand why people view Japanese as this impossible to learn language. This magical barrier that forever locks them out of any Japanese media.

When I first started out I got out my tablet and would just copy the moonrunes I was reading in my manga into google translate. Once I had successfully drawn in the moonrunes I would then try to figure out which of the possible translations was the correct one in the context of the manga. Shit was oddly satisfying and imo a lot of fun. All the puzzling, the figuring shit out, the epiphanies I would have when I spotted patterns. I wasn't reading the manga at normal speed anymore, but then again that wasn't where the fun lay anymore either. I probably have autism.
>>
>>140478550
>more translations is a bad thing
you do realize how stupid this sounds
>>
File: autism team.jpg (26KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
autism team.jpg
26KB, 720x720px
>>140480349
>>
>>140488366
>the author probably doesn't know of this "fangroup"
Honestly, it is rather creepy, all the weird shit on 4chan can't top this sort of mental derangement.

captcha: Asylum Avenue
>>
>>140488448
you can't hog all the attention if other niggers are doing the same thing as you
>>
>>140488334
Do it do it.
>>
>>140488543
>comic sans
I reckon that hat isn't there to identity the wearer as autistic, but to figure out if the other person is autistic by triggering them with that font.
>>
IDGAF if them doing so relieves me of a couple series from my to-do pile.
>>
File: gentleman.png (49KB, 265x240px) Image search: [Google]
gentleman.png
49KB, 265x240px
>>140485611
This can't be fucking real. I haven't seen such profound yet technically functional autism since I attended a meeting for my uni's robotics club.
>>
Depends. Sometimes it ends up with even worse scanlators who give up, leaving the entire series untranslated. If they're just doing it better/faster, then who cares. \

Several groups working on the same series is just disgusting and pointless if they're all about the same tier.
>>
what are the chances that the series gets licensed in english after the shaft adaptation
>>
>>140488455
>>140488612
I've never even read the series, are there redraws? I probably won't even bother doing them if there are, maybe I can say to wait for him to do his own release.
>>
>>140487898
Based WhyNot
>>
>>140484740
>AAYYYYY
>""""
Can you fuckers just kill yourself?
>>
>>140480435
If you really want to be capable in japanese don't ever spend your time on /DJT/ read the OP links and never look back
>>
Someone post the screencap of that guy that used to translate porn.

You know which one.
>>
>>140488776
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>140478550
Who gives a shit so long as the subs are accurate?
>>
>>140488334
Nah, you'd just be legitimatizing their victim complex.
>>
File: no soup for you.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
no soup for you.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
I used to translate a certain rather popular manga. I took allot of pride in what I did but wasn't an elitist ego filled fag about it. I never asked for donations or anything in return other than constructive criticism if they feel I did something wrong with my translations and that they enjoy my work.

For the most part I was never late on my releases, then one day my girl got pregnant and had twins. On top of that I had stared a new job. I tried to devout the little free time I had to keep on translating. That resulted in me not always releasing chapters on time. I could of just speed translated it but that's not my style.

Kids would be sperging out in my irc room saying shit like "he needs to get off his lazy ass and finish up the chapter" even if it was just 1-2 days late. One day I just got sick of it and abruptly stopped translating without warning them and closed down my irc room. I'm still happy that I got to put a smile on the face of the people that truly appreciated my work.
>>
>>140488473
>Senafag

Definitely autism
>>
泥棒の縄張り争いだろw
>>
>>140489094
You made the right choice. No point in ruining your real life and commmitments over doing illegal shit for free
>>
>>140489063
Nah, I'd just be completely passive about it so any whining would be his own interpretation of what I did.
>>
>>140489159
Eh, I was rooting for Yozora, but the author did his very best to make her the most unlikeable vindictive spiteful bully as the series progressed.
Not that it matters, because the author first fucks up the story, and then decides it is so FUBAR to not even bother concluding it.
>>
>>140489173
縄張りもクソもねーだろ
みんな頭がいかれてるんだよ
>>
>>140489094
>Can't into grammar
>Can't into spelling
I hope those translations weren't in English, bucko.

But good on you, translate for yourself to improve your skills, not for entitled shits.
If all of you people suddenly stopped, I'd just go back to studying more.
>>
>>140489094
I wish you would be as considerate towards us and put a smile on our faces by not blogposting.
>>
I don't get why so many people are ragging on this guy. Sure, he was a bit melodramatic, but people like to be appreciated for their work, and translating, cleaning, typesetting, etc. is a lot of work. There's a reason so many scanltors raged about aggregators back in the day. You go though all that effort, and you'll have your few loyal fans say thanks for the chapter on your site. And then on shitty streaming site #1234, you'll have 100's of comments saying thanks for the chapter, discussing it, etc. What's the point in doing it then? Sure, for others to read, but people like for their effort to be acknowledged, that's just human nature.

That I think is the thing here. It wouldn't have really mattered if another group picked it up. Dumb, when there are so many series with translations at all, but they have the right to do it, like niggerstream snatching up series left and right. But they used this guys tl without even asking him. Kind of shitty to do, so I understand where he's coming from.
>>
>>140489334
sup Kewl
>>
>>140483374
Haha this.
Tell him he's good at mag raws but shit on digitals. They're not fucking the same.
>>
>>140489334
People like you make me check my URL bar more often than should strictly speaking be necessary...
Everything you said is more or less in direct opposition to chan culture.
>>
The biggest and only real problem with it is other groups releasing a volume or something while you're halfway done with it.

I do not give a shit about money or views or even really credit; I care about whether or not I am wasting my time. If another group wants to scanlate a series that I'm working on, and can do it faster/better than I can, all the more power to them. But they need to tell us first. It's simply bad manners not to do that.

Imagine that you've been filling out an Excel document for work over the course of a week or whatever. Your coworker then sends out a copy of the exact same document, completed by *him*. The work is done; there is no problem there. But, you've now wasted x many hours doing something that you didn't need to do in the first place. If he had told you he was doing it, you would not have started it in the first place.
>>
>>140489334
He's bitching about someone stealing his unauthorized translation in Twitter.
Makes me want to steal it and see the fucker cry.
>>
>>140489468
>>>/leftypol/ is on 8ch, you seem to be lost.
>>
>>140489308
You have perfect grasp of grammar and spelling? Great. Why don't you learn Japanese then instead of criticizing other people's English. You must have no friends.
>>
>>140489265
ボランティアの精神持ってるやつならまだマシだけど、自分のscanlationに変なプライド持ってる頭おかしいやつが問題なんだよな

自分のことを作者と同列にクレジットに入れたりscanlationで収益を得ようとするクズもいるもんな
>>
File: 1454399030553.png (249KB, 516x371px) Image search: [Google]
1454399030553.png
249KB, 516x371px
>>140489648
Salty much?
>>
>>140489355
>>140489452
>>140489495

I didn't say they were wrong to do it or anything, just that if it's somebody as group putting out a tl, then it would have just been common courtesy to ask before they did it.

It's different then something a group of /a/nons do, of course you don't expect any credit there, as it's all anonymous, and about just getting whatever is being worked on out there.

Either way, it doesn't really matter.
>>
Which are the best groups lately? I can only think of One Time, Norway and Underdog.
>>
>>140489468
The translation is on mangahelpers since 2 years ago and BWYS hasn't released a chapter since forever. The typesetters probably haven't even started with chapter 66
>muh late as fuck Toriko chapter
>muh we need 3 groups working on a series
>>
>>140489792

Norway forces their shitty "Norway!!" meme into every chapter.
>>
>>140489792
Norway sort of owns One Time. Also, letitgo and a bunch of small groups.
>>
>>140489792
If he counts as a group, the anon doing Kaguya.
>>
>>140489792
Habenero
>>
>>140489812
That's hilarious!
>>
>>140489648
>blogposts
>poor spelling
>gets called out
>gets mad
>who am I quoting?
>>
File: c79d587900d13ec2c9dc471cdf59cc1e.jpg (229KB, 800x1183px) Image search: [Google]
c79d587900d13ec2c9dc471cdf59cc1e.jpg
229KB, 800x1183px
Scanlator groups are deviantart-tier autists.

>distribute stolen goods
>WAHH THESE OTHER THIEFS ARE STEALING THE SAME THING AS ME HOW WILL I EVER GET FAMOUS ON THE INTERNET NOW REEEEEE
>>
>>140481338
Do you get paid? Does the money you get from ads enough to get you some mcdonalds or some kentucky fried chicken?

Legit question.
>>
>>140489792
The best ones are random translators and typesetters on /a/

>Underdog
>Norway
Really?
>>
>>140489792
My own japanese reading skills because in over 10 years of /a/ I actually applied myself to my hobby, but that seems to the exception around here nowaday.
>>
>>140478550
umino chika is laughing
>>
>>140483811
You should seek better friends if you think people with fulfilling real life remotely cares about internet fame.
>>
>>140478824
Most translators feel like someone is copying/invalidating their work when someone else does the same thing.

It feels like that for me sometimes, but then I resolve to deliver the best translations I can.
>>
>>140490013
To be fair, the salt against the aggregators was justified. Not only did they not do any work at all, but they lifted the releases and then made pretty good money off of people coming to their sites to read them in terrible quality. If you're a group that put something out, possible using your own money to get raws, you would be pretty upset that these clowns latched on.
>>
>>140490119
Me too bro. God bless.
>>
>>140490114
normie=person with rich and fulfilling life

No. The guy who gambled away his mortgage yesterday and is now contemplating suicide, is in all likelihood a normie.
>>
>>140478550
I'm fine with it.

I'm grateful for the people who scanlate, way back into the days when EvilNabiki did Ranma. It's great when fans step in, spread the word and put out a solid effort to widen the appeal to more people, especially when companies are being slow and/or greedy as hell about the official releases. (I can still remember thinking it'd be nice to own Captain Tylor on DVD and then seeing it priced at $150 in HMV)

However, if you're going to be a slow fuck about it, you don't deserve to be at the forefront of scanlating it. It's not your series. You don't own it and have no right to any exclusivity.

I'm going to be grateful for every chapter you put out, but if you're going to be a petulant child, withhold chapters or even just give up because someone dared to touch it, I want nothing to do with your scanlation anyway, because you're precisely the sort of shitmonger who's going to burn out halfway through the project and leave me hanging anyway when you don't get as many comments as you think you deserve when the newest chapter comes out.

I'm here to say thanks for the chapter and enjoy the fruits of your labor, not pretend to give a shit when your drama queen bullshit acts up.
>>
>>140479835
I actually never hear them complain, so I'd rather have them keep working and grumble

Not to say that they don't do it, but rather that I get my stuff and don't care about the rest.
>>
>>140490143
No I wouldn't because it's stolen.

If you steal something and the person you're stealing from kills you then you're still in the wrong and still have no justification for stealing nor any kind of right to be upset about it.
>>
>>140489792
>Underdog
>Norway
>good
Pick one and only one.

Best groups are Habanero and Maigo. No nonsense from either of them as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>140490143
aggregators are bad
but the thing is they have all the right to do whatever they do
because scanlating is illegal
you are worse than them because you scanlate it from the source
>>
>>140490367

Are you a fucking retard?

Aggregators are not only stealing from the source material by hosting it, they're also stealing the work of the scanlators for shady profit.

They're being double thieves.

The work a scanlator produces is illegal derivative content, sure, but it's technically derivative content. Not even the original owner of the manga could legally just take it and publish it without agreed-on credit and compensation.
>>
>>140489895
Oh yeah, psylocke.

>>140490023
They release often so why not? Unlike some groups who drop series yet the translators still does but when the script got stolen, he bitches about it despite posting the script in public.
>>
>>140479956
>Gimme a guy who translates out of passion for a series any day of the week.
Me.
>>
File: 1329228136253.jpg (83KB, 382x588px) Image search: [Google]
1329228136253.jpg
83KB, 382x588px
>>140478550
>>
File: abolute disgust.jpg (281KB, 1200x1520px) Image search: [Google]
abolute disgust.jpg
281KB, 1200x1520px
>/a/ has existed for 10+ years and people are still relying on 14yo scanlators to translate 8th grade level japanese.
If you had set aside 20 minutes each day to learn japanese, with longer sessions whenever you had time, over the course of 10 years you would have been able to read your manga by now. Such a minumum input would have put you at ~1500 hours of learning japanese, add onto that passive learning through 10 years of watching anime.

Honestly, unless you are a newfag, there is no excuse not to have learned manga-tier moonrunes by now.
>>
>>140490322
Habanero is /a. Maigo has been slowing down lately. And what I meant are the recent groups anyways.
>>
>>140489648
S A L T
>>
>>140489648
It's ok, you got people who truly appreciated your posts
>>
>>140490483
who gives a shit if they profit form it
scanlating is still illegal
and since you scanlators provide them with scans that makes you worse
agreggators can't exist without scanlations
>>
>>140490557
>~1500 hours

But then I wouldn't have wasted my time shitposting on /a/ and reading scanlations.
>>
>>140490557
But I'm a master class procrastinator, there's no way I can do that.
>>
Which tripfags are scanners and translators? I don't want to filter any by mistake
>>
I don't really care when someone steals my project. When someone does though, I'd appreciate it since it's their problem now. I can pick up more shit to do.
>>
>>140490622
Are you so retarded that basic logic escapes you?

That's like saying drug dealing is perfectly okay, it's the drug producers who are the problem.
>>
>>140490557
I don't think you understand my ability to not do things.
>>
>>140490483
Then why don't you profit from it too? Put some ads, amazon affiliate links, get people to donate, whatever.

I donate money to my favourite scanlator from time to time.
>>
File: 1446808366935.jpg (250KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446808366935.jpg
250KB, 1280x720px
>>140490557
>>
>>140490681
no
the manga author is the drug producer
scanlators are just the middle man
agreggators are the drug dealers

you basically provide the drug witch makes you even worse than the producer and the dealer
>>
>>140478550
Fuck those whiny cunts. They have no claim to any series unless they have licensed it.

The less scanlation groups the more motivation I have to learn Jap.
>>
>>140490787
I'm not a scanlator but if I was, I'd have those things.

But here's the thing: When a scanlator produces a translation, they're at least putting in the time and effort. It's not legal, but there's a level of work involved in that, so it's sort of something I can respect.

An aggregator site just trolls the usual translators, rips their work down into small file sizes for cheaper pageloads, then slaps malware and ads all over the site. Most of their effort is theft.

It's not hard to see which of these two fucks is shadier.
>>
Speaking of donations, there's some group who made a delay of their releases in batoto just so people can use their reader and generate more ads. That's fucking stupid since batoto gets leeched by other readers every time. Just make a single page with "plz donate" and it'll spread like shit. Fucking stoopid.
>>
>>140490846
More like...

>Manga author produces legal products
>Scanlator takes legal products, turns them into drugs
>Aggregator breaks into Scanlator's RV and steals the drugs to sell to people
>>
>>140490964
sense scans?
>>
>>140490970
>steals
pirating is the correct term
>>
>>140490910
I will never understand why these scanlators don't sit behind a password. Just make it a l33t sekrit club if you are really THAT worried about this sort of stuff.
>>
>>140490970
More like
>Manga author produces legal products
>Scanlator takes legal products, turns them into drugs
>Aggregator copies everything to sell to people
>>
>>140490557
Wow, you must be a winner in life. Why would I learn moonrunes if people can do it for me? Get a good job, hire translators and let them do shit for me. Unless I dream of going to Nippon, I wouldn't learn moon ever.
>>
>>140478550
It's petty faggots like this that turned me away from scanlating.
>>
>>140491106
Its because you're a lazy faggot.
>>
>>140489648
BUTTBLASTED LMAO
BUTTBLASTED LMAO
BUTTBLASTED LMAO
>>
>>140491120
I just translated 2 chapters of random shit in other threads, by myself.
>>
>>140491000
Bingo. Also nice trips.
>>
>>140491165
Ive translated 5 light novel volumes. Then some fag snipped me.
>>
File: 1450422156089.jpg (246KB, 1009x799px) Image search: [Google]
1450422156089.jpg
246KB, 1009x799px
>>140490557
If anything you should be doing it because the people who "translate" might just know less than you do.
I've seen people at N5 level translating and everybody in the group was completely fucking okay with it, awful re translations from chinese that make no sense, people who clearly don't know what the fuck they're doing and can't even bother to get a japanese proofreader.

Do yourself a fucking favor and learn moon.
>>
>>140491279
I know it's a hit to your motivation, but it's still petty and childish to go whining about it.
>>
>>140491087
Convoluted way of saying "I was too lazy".
>>
>>140491209
yeah fuck them
if only some other group could pick up magi
>>
>>140485398
No gives a fuck about your completely irrelevant languages. Only Japanese and English matter.
>>
>>140478550
>scanlation drama

I don't even.

It does seem to be have a parallel with artists though. Artistry started as a hobby. People turned it into a chore, wanted fame and compensation to perform the chore, and wanted no one else to do their chore because it's what makes them super special.

Scanlation seems to have walked the same path.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (45KB, 721x191px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
45KB, 721x191px
I can't help but laugh at retarded sniping drama, but then I get sad because it's such a waste. Pic related, the new group dropped the series because the old group came back after 6+ years and claimed they were still working on it.
>>
Don't these retards realize that the only thing the consumer cares about is timing of releases?

You can spend more time on translations and making your raws pretty but in the end the only thing people really care about is being able to read it early.

It's why fansubbing is completely dead.
>>
>>140491383
Stop being emotionally invested in your hobbies. Unless you want to be a pro translator go ahead and study.
>>
>>140491365
This. I'd rather read the raws at a slower pace than go with English scanlations because half of them have no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>140480146
>Shouldn't the whole goal of the movement be to deliver translations
It's to get people to suck your dick
>>
>>140491279
Can someone please explain to me how this happens?

You are sitting at home, you got yourself the japanese scans, you know your moonrunes and your English, you sit down, you start typing away translating stuff, you save it to some offline device, external hard drive, USB etc. you do this for a couple of days/weeks/w/e until you are done. You then upload this to your secure website with access limited to members only, they get to read a good release, everyone is happy.

During which step in this process does your shit get stolen?
>>
>>140480146
1) It's not a movement
2) The goal of each scanlation group is to whore as much attention as possible
>>
>>140491365
>X shika nai
>I don't X
What the fuck. That's elementary level
>>
>>140491365
N5 is good for shonen shit though. Higher than that are fucking bossy divas who thinks the world revolves around them. That's why I remove them in my group no matter how good they are when their face get a little thick.
>>
>>140491617
Someone else does the same thing.
>>
>>140491639
> N5 is good for shonen shit though

You can't read 1 volume of One Piece with just N5.
>>
>>140491639
It's so fucking hard to find people who are both not immature as fuck AND not completely incompetent.
>>
>>140491639
So what would be the ideal translator for you, out of curiosity?
>>
>>140491502
>Stop being emotionally invested in your hobbies
You are basically saying that you should stop letting your hobby be your hobby. do you even know where you are? Or are you just randomly shitposting for the sake of it at this point? Or is this you just lashing out when confronted with the truth that a mere 10-20 minutes a day spent on something useful could have netted you a new skill by now? Learning a language is never a waste, it takes a very narrow minded person to believe that.
>>
>>140491632
Exactly, and these are the people who're translating your shit.

>>140491639
Not at all. Shonen has a lot of slang and informal dialogue which you cannot deal with at N5. If you're translating with N5 I can assure you your releases are filled with mistakes.
>>
>>140491659
So? Isn't that how capitalism works? You might have competition who do a better job than you.
>>
>>140491775
In ideal capitalism, where the competition is supposed to drive you to excel. Practical capitalism is almost always oligopolies to the point where small time people always suffer.

That and many scanlators end up feeling like the world revolves around them so they throw fits if sniping occurs (Like in OP image). You can't control what other humans do anon, even if you want to.
>>
>>140489803
I wasn't referring to that person in the OP or any particular group. I'm speaking in general about *any* translation group. It's not fair to give zero notice to a group that is presumably working on something, if the series is being actively translated. In all honesty, if someone would give me notice that they'd be taking over the scanlations (or at least doing their own), I would give them the work I had done for that volume so far to reduce the time that *they* need to waste.

If the overall, underlying intent is to get the series translated for people who do not speak Japanese, then there should be no reason not to share work. They don't have to become part of my group; I don't have to become part of theirs. We would be working separately as two groups to accomplish one task in the transitional period before I either resigned or picked up another manga.
>>
>>140491775
It's done for free, so there's nothing to compete over though.
>>
>>140489913
They're not a group.
>>
>>140492018
yes there is
bigger e-dick and better translations and speed
>>
>>140492061

Maybe not in the beginning, but by now they have a few regular staff and their own projects.
>>
>tfw translating right now
All I ask of you is that you share this shit so more people can see it. Scanlating for any other reason is dumb desu.
>>
>>140478550
If they get upset purely because someone else releases before them then they should probably consider why their doing it in the first place since it seems like they're not working on it for enjoyment.
>>
>>140492018
Well that is what I would have initially thought too, but apparently there is considering how absolutely buttflustered the guy in OP's pic is.
>>
>>140491632
>shika nai

Where?
>>
>>140492211
Upload it to mado and batoto and everyone will have it.
>>
>>140492260
>しか読まない
>>
My policy is that if it's been dead for a year, it's free for taking. Is that a bad policy?
>>
>>140492442
Even that feels too generous
>>
I fucking hate Herkz
>>
>>140492372
So, I have to disregard the hiragana readings of the kanji?
>>
>>140492485
It kinda does doesn't it. Maybe I should make it 6 months
>>
>>140492551
If anything 6 months will be a kick in the ass for anyone still remotely interested in continuing what they were doing
>>
>>140492516
What?
The shika nai in しか読まない is the しか and ない parts. You don't have to disregard anything, that's how you use shika nai with a verb.
>>
>>140492584
Understood.
>>
>>140492442
If they haven't done anything in 6 months they clearly don't care enough. If you can do better and actually plan to make constant releases go for it.
>>
>>140492577
So is that good or is that bad?

>>140492636
I've been getting better slowly. My initial translations make me puke now so I should fix them soon.

I've taken over several series that way. Most have not complained in my face so far. Save for one group, but we've talked it over and reached a tacit agreement.
>>
>>140492577
I'd say it depends on the source material.
For a weekly to monthly, 6 months is very generous. For bimonthly I'd consider it borderline.
>>
>>140492740
Good. If they really want it they'll fight for it without the series being left in too long of a lull and people losing interest in it.
>>
>>140490557
I got as far as being able to read the most basic shit like Amari Mawari then I gave up. One day I'll try again, I hope.
>>
>>140492843
I've never done anything that serializes longer than monthly. Save one, but I know that nobody's doing it.

>>140492857
Oh okay then. Thanks. That's a nice way to think about it. A warning siren instead of sniping.
>>
>>140492442
If they're still active, it might be worth letting them know first just to see if they're stalled at some point and have work on it done already. If they haven't released anything period, go for it.
>>
I wish there was more communication between different scanlation groups. Everyone is so pissy and sensitive about everything.
>>
I wish there was a bigger community for scanning raw manga in high quality like there is for h-manga. Then I wouldn't have to deal with shitty drama simply because I can't find something in good quality untranslated.
>>
>>140492989
http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Ease-Volume-Coursebook-Assimil/dp/2700521005

This is what I used, gets you started with listening from the get go, also chunked nicely in lessons you can do in ~30 minutes, so you can pretty much always do at least 1 lesson a day.
Worked like a charm for me.
I used this method to learn Russian before, and while I am not native, I can now confidently travel to Russia and hold my own.

I obviously got the material from a different "store".
>>
>>140492511
we all do
>>
>>140481504
pretty good bait fampai
>>
>>140486274
Who was it?
>>
>>140492511
Why do people hate that guy so much? He seems a little abrasive, but doesn't he do alot of work?
>>
>>140490557
>hobby
>requiting actual work
Never go full retard, anon.
>>
>>140488860
>>
>>140492636
I wish someone would snipe more often and get translators to quit so the western manga industry will finally rely on companies to do them faithfully and accurately.
>>
>>140493374
I remember this one. I can't believe he had the gall to demand other people come to HIM and ask HIM for permission to translate his favorite author's works. Especially in this case, when the other group obtained raws earlier than everyone else because of some connections.
>>
>>140493358
>requiting
Now use the word you actually intended to use.
>>
>>140493358
Sounds silly, but I want to be effective at my hobbies. I learned English to/by play videogames after all.
>>
>>140491365
>>140491632
So, what's the correct translation? She doesn't read much shojo manga?
>>
>>140491365
>I only read stuff like shoujo manga, but I should try looking for some and reading them ....let's see.

Someone tell me if I messed up
>>
>>140493513
She only reads shojo manga.
>>
>>140493613
I see, thanks.
>>
File: 1450424450022.png (3MB, 2068x2176px) Image search: [Google]
1450424450022.png
3MB, 2068x2176px
>>140493594
Almost, but I guess the second part relies on context. The second part in the picture is correct.
Now try this.
>>
>>140493106
Absolutely agreed. There's nothing wrong with being friends.
>>
>mfw I work with people who genuinely love manga and actually read a lot of it

Pick better company.
>>
>>140493838
>酷いんです。。。
>isn't bad
Now this is just trolling, right?
>>
>>140494022
>>140493838
And that's just the first line I saw. Everything there is a complete disaster
>>
>>140493838
>that 3rd panel
God damn, how the hell did the TL even get the opposite of the meaning.

Even with my entry level moon, I can tell that she's saying the guy is sponging off her.
>>
>>140493838
This reminds me of that awful terraformars translation.
>>
>>140493838
Why people do this? It's clear it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>140493838
Ahh, I've seen this before.

>My boyfriend's only interested in my looks you see
>..........how nice....

>My boyfriend's terrible... it's not me that he likes but the money I worked hard on to earn...
>Ahh, I know that feeling
>Are you financing someone!!?

Is that right?
>>
>>140493838
Not that guy, but I wannt try

> he only cares about my looks
>sign: asking couples on the street

>how nice

>he's terrible
>he wasn't interested in me,
>just my money!

>ah, I get what she means
>do you have someone living off you?!
>>
>>140493838
>He isn't bad... not for me, I like earning my money
It doesn't take knowledge of moon runes to understand how wrong this is.

>ah I got it
>YOU ARE PROVIDING FOR A MAN?!
>>
Once again, not for the first time, /a/nons were the ones who actually knew their shit.

I just want to say that as bad as /a/ is getting, you guys are still the best.
>>
>>140493838
Ever since roselia dropped it, those tumblr groups continued this.
thus, we get this.
>>
>>140494355
But that's from like the early chapter (way before roselia pick it up). If anything, the current tumblr groups were much better than the first group that did it.
>>
File: 1154.png (1MB, 872x952px) Image search: [Google]
1154.png
1MB, 872x952px
>>140494355
Have something from another tumblr group.
>>
>>140493090
Got it. Thanks. Although if they haven't done anything for longer than a year, I'm pretty sure it's dead to them
>>
>>140494474
Do they just assume "n", "nee" and "nai" are always negations of everything prior?
>>
>>140494474
Someone correct me, but that seems like yet again, the translation is the absolute opposite of what was meant.

Should be something like
>that power may be weak but still
>your excellency is not to be taken lightly
>>
>>140494636
>>140494545
>>
>>140494474
>As expected of Your Excellency
>Not what one would expect from Your Excellency

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>140494170
(tried to keep it more literal for reference)

He has no interest in anything about me except my face.
"Circumstances heard from couples in the town."

How nice...

He's terrible...
It's not me,
But the money I bring home is what he loves.

Ah, I get that.
You! Are you providing for someone!
Thread posts: 581
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.