[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom 470

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 12 (4).jpg (653KB, 1739x1177px) Image search: [Google]
12 (4).jpg
653KB, 1739x1177px
>Kyoukai is back
>Shipping moment
>Shin wrecking again
>Shin inspiring again
>Ouki namedrop

If Shin doesn't kill Keisha in this arc I'm going to set myself on fire.
>>
>>140224374
Did historical Shin have kids with anyone?
>>
File: 5 (6).jpg (757KB, 834x1842px) Image search: [Google]
5 (6).jpg
757KB, 834x1842px
Sei already has a kid, at this rate his kid is going to grow up and develop a crush on Shin before these 2 bang.
>>
>>140224486
I believe one anon said he'll marry a noblewomen to gain the "Li" in "Li Xin"
>>
>>140224727
That was me, my guess was that palace girl Shin saved during the rebellion arc would be surnamed Li, since she just coincidentally happened to be part of a military family and I don't believe we ever got her family name.

Every other girl that's shown up so far has their full name given, so it's impossible. Only other option is to introduce a new character but that would seem pretty half assed.
>>
>>140225315
Harem anyone?
>>
>>140225889
I have always assumed he will have a harem, however whether or not they join his family as wives and such is another story, since historically Kyou Kai appears in the records before Shin does, and as a general who takes part in conquering Zhao at that and remains undefeated throughout the records.

So basically if Hara follows history, they can't get married yet until afterwards, but that has no bearing on everyone else.
>>
Wait, the author is following history? This sucks.
>>
>>140226905
You followed this series for 470 chapters no problem but the moment you realize it follows history you think it sucks? Do you even realize how stupid that is?
>>
>>140227035
I say that the fact that he is following history sucks, it limits him a lot then.
>>
>>140227352
Again, that makes no sense. Why should limitations always be a bad thing? Do you really think having a choice to be randumb is always better? How many historicals outside of Kingdom have you even read?
>>
>>140227601
Not saying that it's necessarily bad but in this case you know the outcome of pretty much everything.
>>
>>140227902
Okay I'll spoon feed it for you. The appeal isn't in not knowing what's to come, it's in how the author will portray it differently than recorded history.

Let me give you an example. Ouki is a cool guy right? Everyone loved how his arc went and shit. He's basically what All Might is now in MHA, except a lot more bloody with big lips.

But you know what his historical counterpart was? It was just a guy recorded for having died in the battle against Zhao and Houken. That's it. All that shit about the 6 great generals and what not? That's all by the author. But you know what? It doesn't contradict history either, because in recorded history there's lots of gaps. Lots of holes in the information, especially when we're talking about the timeline of Kingdom when it was before fucking Christ even showed up.

So even a nameless fodder whose only mention was to die at Bayou against Houken can become one of the greatest generals, why do you think being 'limited' to history will allow you to know everything?

Let's take a smaller and more trivial example, the Queen's rebellion is indeed recorded, however her children were said to be killed. Yet in the manga it's clear that their deaths were fake unless Sei lied to her. Some would say that's bullshit and not conforming to history, but back then they just made a simple line. What 'evidence' do they have that can be passed down to posterity? If the King says these kids died, then it will be recorded they died. The winner gets to write history the way they want it, but that doesn't mean that's how it actually happened.

How is that not interesting? The Prince who 'rebelled' and died is another case of this. In recorded history he just simply rebelled like a moron and died, but in Kingdom he was given a reason to rebel against all odds.

The appeal of historicals has always been how an author portrays the events differently and what twists there are. The greatest example of this is The Ravages of Time.
>>
File: Tears.png (227KB, 660x736px) Image search: [Google]
Tears.png
227KB, 660x736px
>>140228391
Okay, I got it. Sorry anon, I thought he was not adding anything at first. No need to be this mad.
>>
>>140228697
Not mad, just pointing out how silly your idea is. While it is true some mangaka draw a historical series in strict accuracy such as the guy who drew Sangokushi, that's few and far between. You would have to actually try to find them.

Meanwhile everyone else is having fun trying to put their own spin on a certain time period. It's basically no different than cape shit and how they always reboot, except for one thing, there isn't some company like Marvel or DC bossing everyone around saying who gets to do what and what isn't allowed.

Vinland Saga is pretty popular on /a/ yet it's actually a historical, and let me tell you compared to Kingdom the recorded history is boring as shit. Literally just one slow train wreck you can see moving from half way around the world at a snail's pace. But most people enjoy it because of the author.

All that said, there's plenty of historicals that suck donkey balls, so it's not like I'm defending that particular genre. But you should understand now that if you enjoyed something for 400 chapters, it probably isn't gonna ruin itself any time soon just because you learned something about it, though if you do spoil yourself how you experience the upcoming chapters will differ.

That's literally how The Ravages of Time works. It actually expects you to know 3 Kingdoms otherwise you'll be like the Kissmanga comments where 90% of them get lost within the first 50 chapters.
>>
>>140225315
There was a girl Shin saved in a special chapter, she was the young lady in some place.

Can't remember now the exact number but yeah, she fell for him and she was pretty important in that town.
>>
>>140232196
We already know her family name, it's not Li. Further more, her family wasn't a military family, but a feudal lord otherwise it would be impossible for that fat fuck to have enough control over the city if her family had a strong military regiment.

The palace girl being Li makes the most sense in almost all aspects. Her family name isn't given, she comes from a military family, and she's coincidentally best friends with Sei's wife meaning she would automatically have a lot of power just from association. It ties together Sei and Shin, where both of them are brothers and even their wives are sisters so to speak, like how Sun Ce and Zhou Yu were best buds and married a pair of sisters one each.

All of this builds up nicely to how Shin gets the role of conquering Chu as the commander in chief when Ousen is by far a much better choice.
>>
>>140224374
I still don't know what Naki's role in this arc is. I'd swear at the beginning it was hinting at him fucking over the Hi Shin Unit so Kanki could get some mad credits like when the HSU was used as bait but this Naki guy doesn't even appear to fight and just stands around watching shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.