[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re: Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 563
Thread images: 38

How would a hikkiNEET's modern day knowledge let him live a life of luxury in a magical world?
>>
He could probably invent the steam engine and get rich that way, assuming there is some kind of patent system in place so he doesn't get robbed blind.
>>
>>140113387
This MC is fucking retarded in everything he does. Don't pay him much attention.
>>
Using modern world knowledge to game the system and get ahead is a common cliche in shitty isekai WNs, even when it makes no fucking sense. For example he might invent a firearm.
>>
Using modern world knowledge to game the system and get ahead is a common cliche in shitty isekai WNs, even when it makes no fucking sense. For example he might invent a firearm.
>>
>>
Anyone else can’t stand Felt?

She goes all bootstrappy on us, because she’s ashamed to be associated with the other slumdogs since

>they’re just a bunch of stingy losers

But then the anime cuts to a bunch of impoverished kids. Lots of people are bums who have embraced their lot in life, but I doubt those kids chose to be poor and hungry.

But of course, the MC who's probably never had to face poverty or homelessness in his whole life gets that “Oniichan so proud!” look on his face when he’s done hearing her rant, then pats her on the head.

It's just condescending to people who are poor because of systemic instead of personal failures.
>>
>>140113387
Honestly? If I could start off with 20 holy coins (they are practically platinum coins, above gold) I could live a VERY luxurious life as an inventor and investor in a fantasy world.
I'm not a hikki though, so your mileage may vary.
>>
>>140113677
He's not going to invent a firearm. Ever.
And stop spamming like a newfag.
>>
>>140113387
That's the "joke", because thats how this kind of anime rolls and this was to sell itself as "something different"-

You know, the same way in this kind of anime characters are "choosen ones" but the show wants to sell us he is in other world but is a "nobody".

For some reason japan thinks that being aware of the cliches and repeat them making fun about them makes them someway less cliche.
>>
>>140113891
>I could live a VERY luxurious life as an inventor and investor in a fantasy world
Not with a highschooler's business acumen you wouldn't.
>>
>>140113824
She tries to murder the main character for no reason.

All the characters are waay too extreme and they all make stupid fucking choices for no reason
>>
>>140114027
>Japan thinks
Don't pretend the "nudge nudge wink" attitude towards cliches is exclusive to Japan.
>>
>>140114027
You mean the exact same logic behind Deadpool humor yet you comic nerds are praising the movie like it's the holy bible?
>>
>>140113387
He watches too many fantasy series. He think he knows everything about how a fantasy magical world works.
>>
>>140113677
>invent a firearm
People seriously underestimate the technological level required to make one.

>>140113891
And what sorts of things would you invent?
>>
>>140114037
I don't remember how stupid I was in highschool, but I don't feel like I've learned much more in the two decades since.
I imagine quite a few highschool kids (at least ones that didn't go to the awful public schools you guys have in America) around the world would be far more knowledgeable than your average medieval fantasy denizen.
>>
>>140114197
That's only the shit writers who write Deadpool purely that way.
>>
>>140114256
He doesn't even need to build a Kalashnikov or a Colt revolver or something, a basic matchlock (blackpowder is pretty easy to make) could change warfare and make him rich, Japan knows this thanks to Nobunaga.
>>
>>140114256
I would first start with examining the level of agriculture the civilization is at.
There are quite a few inventions, such as hand pumps, watermill, windmill, filtering, and crop rotations, that weren't wide spread in the world until much later.
Then there's obviously the printing press. The logic behind the printing press is quite simple and very easy to duplicate, yet the tech was largely only used in small parts of China until the wide spread use until 15th century Europe.

I could go on.
>>
>>140114197
Watched first 30 minutes of Deadpool the other day, the humor was pretty flat desu, I don't know why it gets praised to much.
>>
>>140114308
Then should I mention The Tick? Or how about Drawn Together?
The point is, it's hardly a "Japanese" thing.
>>
>>140114355
While that's true, I doubt most high school kids would know how to cultivate saltpeter from defecation and urine. Or purifying them from minerals.
>>
>>140114355
>a basic matchlock (blackpowder is pretty easy to make)
What are you going to make the barrel from? That heavily depends on the level of smelting technology. If they don't have blast furnaces, you're going to have a hard time.

>>140114375
>There are quite a few inventions, such as hand pumps, watermill, windmill, filtering, and crop rotations, that weren't wide spread in the world until much later.
Those are good ideas, but could you put them into practice? Would you know which crops precisely to use, when to sow them, etc.? I'm rather doubtful in regards to the agricultural knowledge of the average anon, or modern person in general. When it comes to building water powered machinery, it would also require quite a bit of experience in regards to wood working. Certainly if you're lucky, you could present yourself as this sorts of "ideas guy" who gives people vague instructions, but whether you get to participate in the generated wealth from these ideas is rather questionable if you're unable to do actually do anything.
>>
>>140113387
Watch black knight. Chances are people of medival magical world know shit about advertising so you can pretty much recreate the whole history of advertising one step at a time and make dosh on an easy mode.
>>
>>140113824
I can't stand her either, but in the show's defense I don't think you're meant to agree with her line of thinking.
At first glance, it does seem like she's going Eren Jeager on us by dismissing those who don't have the will or the strength to get out of their predactiment like her; even MC was surprised by how harsh she was.
But I believe the cut to the bunch of poor kids was on the contrary meant to illustrate the contrast between the tough front Felt is putting on and the reality of her situation (as well as her true feelings): she may pride herself in actively trying to get out of poverty, but to the rest of the world she's still nothing but a petty thief who barely scrapes by on stealing stuff on rich people's request. I mean, don't know shit aout this world's currency, but I doubt 20 holy coins would even buy her a house in the city center.

tl;dr She very much still is one of those slum kids the anime cut to during her speech, and ackowledging that weighs her down. MC kindof understood what the problem was, and the pat on the head, aleit pretty patronizing, was his piss poor attempt at cheering her up.
All theory tho: maybe i'm just the one giving this show way too much credit
>>
>>140114833
>Would you know which crops precisely to use, when to sow them, etc.?
barley, wheat, turnips, clover. No, I don't know when to sow and when to harvest, but trial and error can fix that.

Hand pumps are INSANELY easy mechanism, and yes, anyone with even the most basic understanding of physics can build them.
Despite their simple design, wells were manual labor for a freakishly long time in our history.
As for mills, yeah, you would be the "idea guy" but building a small model to test won't take all that much work.
You can pay and hire wood workers to work with your design and research.

As for printing press, a fifth grader can build the most basic one. Hell, bunch of wood blocks with alphabets carved into them would suffice at first, and that's how the earliest Chinese ones worked too.
>>
Depends really on how exactly he was wasting his time on the internet, there's any amount of random Wikipedia shit he could have picked up like >>140114586 how to make blackpowder or >>140114833 crop rotations.

Hell, take the stirrup, widespread in Asia hundreds of years before it arrived in medieval Europe. If they don't have the stirrup yet, he could patent the idea and get rich.
>>
>>140115409
>trial and error can fix that.
The issue is that plants don't grow that fast, and you'd need a lot of influence to convince people whose survival depends on their agriculture to partake in your experiments.

>As for mills, yeah, you would be the "idea guy" but building a small model to test won't take all that much work. You can pay and hire wood workers to work with your design and research.
It would still take a modicum of influence to get people to work for you.

In the end - if you really want influence you'd need to build a water powered furnace, oxidisation ovens, develop iron casting, etc. - that's going to be of interest to the higher ups.
>>
>>140115497
>If they don't have the stirrup yet, he could patent the idea and get rich.
Pro-tip: people didn't really care that much about patents back then. The idea that you demand to pay them money for using an idea would have probably seemed ridiculous to them. Copyright is more of an 18th century thing.
>>
File: 1428904284292.png (25KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1428904284292.png
25KB, 228x239px
>>140113387
>loser neet
>haha I'm built because I work out every day
I fucking hate this shit
>>
I just hope it sticks with him fucking up the first episode for half the season.

I don't know why but it would please me watching mc-kun fuck up many times with the female protags
>>
>>140114375
I smell maoyuu and potatoes.
>>
>>140115964
It won't (this is his final first day loop), though it'll get pretty despair at some points later. It's very much a back and forth mood.
>>
Can someone sub this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ab4OSUtFww
>>
He could use the economic knowledge he got from watching Spice and Wolf
>>
>>140116337
Damn I just wanted another steins gate-esque escapade of trying to solve shit and making it worse
>>
>>140115709
Eh, since basically the only beef you have is that "but no one would give a shit about you", couldn't you like just make the printing press first and gain influence?
Do you have any idea how valuable books were until much much much much later centuries?
>>
>>140116596
>making it worse
Stein's gate has nothing on this on making it worse.
>>
>>140116644
To be fair, Subaru only made it worse once, and all it did was dig himself his own grave. Most of the shit that hits him in his face was coming no matter what, regardless of what he did.
This world is like Supernatural, hellish shit just happens as a routing thing.
Definitely not one of the fantasy worlds you want to visit.
>>
>>140116633
Enjoy falling afoul of organized crime and having your work taken from you I guess.
>>
File: P020.png (713KB, 957x1400px) Image search: [Google]
P020.png
713KB, 957x1400px
chapter 12 is translated.
>>
>>140117503
That is always a risk of becoming successful in any barbaric and archaic civilization, no way to get around it anyways.
>>
>>140114375
What if they already do that shit with magic?
>>
>Had to tone down his strength from a german suplex in the manga to a kick in the nads in the anime
>>
>>140118037
So this is the first time he actually chooses to commit suicide.
>>
>>140121799
>I do squats at home so that means I can german suplex a guy who's bigger than me
thank god
>>
>>140122177
The first but not the last.
>>
>>140118037
The mangaka for the 2nd arc is better than the 1st one.
>>
>>140121799
Wrestling moves are stupid and fake anyway, a good kick to the nuts is more practical. Also I liked his Jackie Chan approach to not getting killed by Feldt.
>>
>>140114141
>All the characters are waay too extreme and they all make stupid fucking choices for no reason
Killing a thief on the spot was a perfectly valid action in the past.
>>
>>140115840
>loser neet
He was never a loser and he became a neet only recently because of family issues.
>>
>>140115840
Why? Neet cant workout? I admit going out is a no, but push ups is fun.
>>
>>140123483
People confuse what NEET is really. Someone can be buff as hell and be a NEET.
>>
>>140123361
>He was never a loser
Only a loser would be as obsessed as him with trying to become a protagonist.
>>
>>140123483
I hate how people think anything less than lifting for a year will make you look decent and anything less than taking steroids and lifting for at least 2 years will make you ripped.
>>
If law enforcement exists then why didn't he just report Felt to the authorities and have the local sheriff-equivalent go down and raid the stolen goods exchange?
>>
>>140125604
if you were not a fat fuck to begin with the results show at 4 months although is just some abs
>>
>>140125682
1. Because he didn't want them to get massacred by Elza.
2. How likely is it that they would mobilize immediately on the word of a random hobo who no one knows? The deal was going down within hours so they would have to start moving literally like, within an hour of him reporting it. Even on the tiny chance they would actually listen to him, they would be more likely to investigate a couple days on their own first before actually doing anything.
>>
>>140126460
I have extreme /fit/ induced body dysmorphia so I guess you're right from your POV.
>>
>>140113640
>trying to save lives
>has nothing to do but help the witch
>literally attempting not to die
how?
>>
>>140118037
Where
>>
Are there modern business and management techniques that he could use to become a successful merchant?
>>
File: 9780399594496.jpg (33KB, 292x450px) Image search: [Google]
9780399594496.jpg
33KB, 292x450px
>>140128741
>>
>>140129176
>bankrupted several companies
>squandered most of his money
>has a small dick
Heh. Could work for an anime.
>>
>>140113462
Look up the amount of engineering and precision required for a useful steam engine. No. Someone who had trouble finishing highschool is not going to build one just from being able to remember "hot water makes steam".
>>
>>140129293
low information voter detected
>>
File: haruhiimplying.png (491KB, 660x672px) Image search: [Google]
haruhiimplying.png
491KB, 660x672px
>>140129293
>Implying trump would not be rich in Kabaneri
>>
>>140129176
Did Ponzi schemes exist in medieval Europe?
>>
File: c10.png (378KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
c10.png
378KB, 1100x900px
I want to fAKKU this Tharja clone
>>
>>140130441
Look again; that's a book written by Trump, not FREE STUFF Bernie.
>>
>>140130669
Trump is promising unicorns and rainbows just as much as Bernie is, just under a different guise, neither of them have a credible plan for delivering their platforms.
>>
>>140126881
>Even on the tiny chance they would actually listen to him, they would be more likely to investigate a couple days on their own first before actually doing anything.
Well, there is the fact that the place the deal goes down is literally a stolen loot house that everybody in the slums seems to know about so even wandering down for a visit would be productive.
>>
>>140114833
Dude, allakh ackbar people made barrels from stripe iron obtained by hammering bloom iron, like for centuries. Copying chisels for rifling are absurdly easy to make. And much better crucible steel was already about everywhere in Asia since 1000AD. Europeans could replicate it just in XIX century and supersede it with high alloy steel in XX.
>>
>>140113387
He will make toilet paper.
>>
>>140125682
It will become very important in the episode after next on why that would have been a bad idea.
>>
>>140113387
Bikes.
>>
>>140132558
Wouldn't he need to be an engineer for that?
>>
>>140132866
If I start with a lot of money like the MC I can just hire a smith and a carpenter to make the parts.
It will be shit, but so were the first bikes.
>>
>>140132866
You wouldn't need to be an engineer to get a fixed pedal on wheel prototype. He can work with gears and chains later.
>>
>>140127897
It's on IRC
>>
>>140133261
But #lurk has been dead for years.
>>
>>140133306
You Baka ass nigga
>>
>>140133306
You.

I never expected to even see that name again.

What a long ass time ago that was.
>>
>>140132957
Enjoy the smith and carpenter you hire bailing out on you and making all the profit from your design while you get jack.
>>
>>140133911
How would they know what they are making?
>>
>>140114256
> Firearm
> Difficult
It's lvl 3 alchemy for flint+propellent, lvl 5 smithing for an iron tube and lead balls, and level 2 woodworking for a stock. Not that difficult to make a blunderbuss.
>>
>>140113387
Invent Cosmetics and Introduce the Concept of Hygiene.

Inventing soap for example would make a killing if done right after some trail and error.

Inventing modern makeup would earn you connections with the upper class women who would have the money to buy makeup and other facial products.

Also, even something as basic as Sunblock would earn you connections with the military or the average citizen because no one likes getting Sunburned.

You faggots in this thread have no brain at all.
>>
>>140134091
>Implying I can into chemistry
>>
>>140134091
>implying the average person knows how to make any of this shit from scratch
>implying bringing modern concepts to an archaic world won't be met with ridicule
It's like you don't even think after you speak
>>
>>140134139
>>140134242
You underestimate basic cosmetics.
>>
>>140134266
> Underestimate
Maybe I don't understand makeup because I'm not a raging faggot.
>>
>>140134266
*overestimate?
I've made soap before back in chemistry class and I know it's simple but good luck making me make it again without basic knowledge of what I need and how to obtain it.
>>
>>140134242
>>140134319
You are a faggot because makeup used to be incredibly dangerous in medieval times.

The faggots at the time used to add shit like white lead and mercury.

Introducing safe makeup would be a blessing.
>>
File: 1458366391306.jpg (47KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458366391306.jpg
47KB, 375x375px
>>140131046
You have to go back.
>>
>>140134435
Inventing modern condoms or female contraceptives would make MC rich fast.
>>
>>140135166
Only if rubber trees existed on your continent though which don't exactly grow on every continent in our world.

Meanwhile, inventing glass would more doable and practical.

The only problem is creating a furnace that can handle the high temperatures required for making Glass.
>>
>>140135540
Glass is ancient tech, Roman times and even earlier.
Float glass for glazing is different thing, also easy to make once you have obtained enough tin to make molten tin pool.
>>
What about math, would a high schooler know more math than the medieval mathematicians? Would that help him in any way?
>>
>>140113387
Introducing basic technology and utility.
Stupid shit like protection gear for blacksmiths, hangers for tools and stuff like that.
>>
>>140113387
In short, the idea of becoming successful by having basic highschool knowledge of the modern world in a world where everyone else is still living in the dark ages is just a self insert wish fulfilment fantasy for loser NEET otaku who have roughly that level of education.
>>
Homemade onaholes
>>
>>140113677
If he was smart enough and had gun knowledge, then yeah, he could. But I think the greatest failure of these types of plots is that you rarely have someone with that type of knowledge, just some kind of Joe schmoe. But then again, I can't really expect much, since most of the people sent over are teens.

Hell, even that manga about the edgelord sent back in time had him acknowledge that he couldn't take advantage of the situation fully.
>>
>>140113387
Im not watching this but MC looks like the dude from Punchline
>>
>>140136836
god no, most of what you learn in highschool is from before the industrial revolution
>>
>>140113387
You could make a killing by allying with a blacksmith and use chemical batteries to cause ions to coat copper jewelry with a microscopic yet opaque gold layer. They'll look like bathed in gold and you'll be able to sell them at a ridiculous portion of the price, making a killing as you won't need to spend things melting gold.
>>
>>140137179
>tfw chemistry major

In such a fantasy world, there would be various unknown processes and catalysts that can be used for efficiency, potentially even becoming a producer of explosives.
>>
>>140129597
>tfw I've built RC planes and model steam engines from scratch before the internet was a thing

As long as you understand the basic concept, building anything from a useful airfoil to a steam engine is not that difficult. A lot of modern tech is not as precise as a lot of people think it is.
>>
>>140113387
He doesn't need to do any of that to become rich. He could use his power to lead a band of mercenaries that would never lose. He can also become the world's greatest gambler.
>>
>>140113462
>He could probably invent the steam engine
>This fucking meme again

For the last time, the Romans had every element for the steam engine 2000 years ago, do you know why they didn't bother even looking into it? Because they had a shitload of manpower.

Any pre industrial setting has no use for steam power
>>
>>140137324
People used to get executed for selling fake gold, though.

Getting involved with the gold trade without power is generally a bad idea.

You get involved with both legit and shady people.
>>
Use your asspull "strenght" to beat everyone and become the king.
>>
>>140130669
>Believing anything Trump says.
>>
>>140129597
>Someone who had trouble finishing highschool

They were HikkiNEET by choice.
>>
>>140113387
Invent maid cafes
>>
>>140137352
How would chemistry handle fantasy metals and minerals?

Like Mithril can't even be found on the Periodic Table.
>>
>>140137714
MC laughs at executions, looping would only make him richer.
>>
>>140138525
Difficult to say, though the properties might be similar to regular chemical and physical properties, just with some kind of magic intervention.

Even things that aren't fantasy though, like the production of steel can be greatly augmented with chemical knowledge.
>>
>>140137714
Gold-coated jewelry is a thing that people buy.
It would be pointless to make "fake gold" that way since anyone would be tell the difference by weight alone, not to mention being able to simply make a scratch on it.
>>
>>140137663
You WOT m8
Pre industrial settings had few ways of purifying metals. This made most metallic options brittle, heavy and lousy because reliable steel making was impossible.

A huge part of ore refinement depends on chemistry both to analyze ore and to extract the purest metals from it.
>>
>>140139461
Industrial revolution was possible because a insane load of shit piled up towards it.
Automation? Yupp
20x increase in production yield? Yupp
MASSIVLY improvements in farm yields, and harvest methods? Yupp
Lowering mortality to fucking nothing for everyone? Yupp

Stuff like the steam engine, farming improvement, and penicillin isn't worth shit without the other stuff. Penicillin and sanitation for instance need to be combined with improved farm yields and good birth control to not ruin a society.
Even more of the industrialization depends on external factors, such as banking existing, and patent systems.
>>
>>140114271
Your average fantasy female, in her highschool age, would posses a lot more knowledge about every single subject she might touch, simply because you need to know EVERYTHING to function in a pre industrial society.
And cooking is hard enough as it is.
>>
>>140115497
Copyright and patents are a thing that happened once the cost of producing things got trivial, and the product became separate from its supply chain.
In a pre industrial society, a maker of special tools would need to buy raw materials: Possible even mine those raw materials. Have 5-20 disposable workers just to do stuff.
There is a reason guilds for trades was insanely huge, and they was swimming in apprentices
>>
>>140113387
He has special MC-in-bad-anime powers so he can do whatever he wants.
>>
>>140115409
>No, I don't know when to sow and when to harvest, but trial and error can fix that.
It would take you about 4 years to test each attempt. And a rather large plot of land to do so for each attempt.
On the top of that, you have no way of taking soil samples, or verifying if it works. For all you know, your correct attempt might be because the birds has better shit the year of the final harvest, or the weather is more optimal.

>>140116633
And how would you obtain the materials to start using a printing press?
You would need:
1. Material to build the machine
2. Disposable materials the machine uses(coal, ink, coloring)
3. To buy a book(insane prices)
4. Accept that your first few attempts will be worth nothing, and you might have to improve the machine to even get printing
>>
>>140132558
Bikes are feasable, but requires a lot of good metallurgy and a few failed prototypes.
He would need access to a smith and 2-10 years of apprenticeship to even get a shot at it.

>>140136836
The average medieval mathematican knows enough math to make gigantic accurate charts of the heaven.
So no, in fact, most of the advanced stuff you might pick up in high school has no use without a application.
>>
Since this is licensed that kills any hope for a translation of the Web novel right?
>>
invent potato chips
invent baby star
invent dagashi
>>
File: img0.gif (309KB, 708x520px) Image search: [Google]
img0.gif
309KB, 708x520px
Good machine parts require a good industrial metalworking lathe. Which requires a industrial metalworking lathe to build.

Problem: there are no good industrial metalworking lathes in a pre-industrial society. No a blacksmith is not going to be able to make one.
>>
>>140140731
> Recursive machine requirements
This is the real killer. It takes a master blacksmith to make a tool good enough to make a better tool. Hell, we've been using computers to design better computers for the last 50+ years now.
>>
>>140140731
A blacksmith could make one. And then it gets ruined because you have even less control over the steel quality, because no sampling methods.
>>
Yeah the great issue is that you don't even have tools make tools you need for many inventions
>>
>>140121302
Well, looking at Re:Zero's world, not everyone can use magic. You need some "magic gates" stuff opened up, and the fact that "magic items usable by non-magic people" are very valuable, shows that if magic users can already do it, there's still incentive to make a non-magic alternative.
>>
Ultimately, a lot of these ideas require trial and error to get right, unless you have professional knowledge of the subject.
However, that means that you would nee a lot of time and resources to pull these ideas off. Unless you're a noble or a royal, you're not likely to have the sort of resources to just trial-and-error everything until you get something right.
>>
>>140121302
If a operation requires a specialist, a specialist has much value.
If a tool can replace a specialist, the tool is worth as much as the specialist.
>>
>>140128741
There was that LN about an accountant who got reincarnated into a noblewoman, and jumpstarted modern finance in a medieval/renaissance setting
>>
>>140141245
Even with profession knowledge there will be a lot of trial of error, because a lot of materials have to be substituted or researched.
Even a good chemist with a PHD would have one insane issue: He has to make all his chemicals, and has no of the good tools or safety gear.
>>
File: 13thCentury.png (18KB, 652x444px) Image search: [Google]
13thCentury.png
18KB, 652x444px
>>140136836
Actually laughed out loud at this one. Pic related is from the 13th century, though technically he was mostly just rediscovering things the greeks knew in like 200-BC.

So yeah, a hichschooler generally knows less than someone from 200 BC.
>>
>>140141375
Don't chemists require super good air conditioning/filtration as well?

Or is that only when making medicine.
>>
>>140141966
On the other hand, people from before the 15th century didn't know calculus which is generally more useful.
>>
>>140141986
Anytime hazardous chemicals are involved yes. Though the problem is that in fantasyland, there might be hundreds of thousands of dangerous chemicals that you don't even know exist, because they don't exist in our universe. So basically, if we're talking realistically, you'd really want it for even the most basic stuff until you know for sure they're safe.
>>
>>140141986
Depends on the reaction you are looking for.
>>
>>140142063
I'm sorry, but I can count on one hand the number of highschoolers I have ever met who could conclusively write even basic calculus proofs.

And if you can't show the work behind how your integrals came to be and how they apply to the world it doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: Lest_darkness_fall_holt.jpg (13KB, 200x290px) Image search: [Google]
Lest_darkness_fall_holt.jpg
13KB, 200x290px
>>140113387
shit on every accountant with high school math, make money to build a distillery, eventually having enough money to build a printing press while spending money to keep the high-ranking priests in your favour so they shut up the lower-ranking priests trying to fuck you over

.etc .etc
>>
>>140142406
There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start.
>>
>>140142406
Brewing is one of the least profitable pre industrial trades.
Because industrialization lead to specialization, and before that, everyone brewed all kinds of alcohol. And there was no real law either, so thats stopping nobody either.
>>
According to Mount and Blade it seems like selling butter is very profitable
>>
>>140142235
That depends on the level of rigor they do math with back then. People integrated even before they proved Fubini's theorem.

A highschooler that actually studied math could certainly convince people of the intuition behind it.
>>
>implying medieval citizens are all mathematical geniuses
>>
>>140139064
You could probably make a lot in the time it takes for information to spread.
>>
>>140142695
Okay so, butter is:
1. Compact
2. Stores well(shelf life of what... 1-2 years?)
3. Is refined from milk, something that expires within 1-2 days
4. Quality is generally good
5. Has actual uses for war campaigns and famines, and trading

Beyond that: All I really know of pre industrial butter is that it was used as tax currency in Scandinavia during the 1100-1300s. Which speaks leagues of how solid it was.
>>
>>140140225
>investment capital

Find a good buyer and sell the clothes off your back and buy cheaper ones. I would imagine someone would be extremely intrigued with zippers, velcro, and polyester clothes.
>>
>>140142744
>implying they weren't
Were you there?
>>
>>140142235
Japanese high school ends with integral calculus, so I guess it would depend on whether or not MC is a senior/genius/familiar with seniors.
>>
>>140143500
By the time you could a collector, the clothes would be dirty or worn, ruining most of their value.
On the top of that, polyester would be of lower quality than linen. Velcro is worth fuck all without being able to reproduce it, and even then its worthless because its already used in a wool process.
Zippers is the one good thing. It speaks of quality. But its nothing special. Its special in post industrial society because:
1. Patents
2. No connection needed to actually produce the patent
3. Mass produced clothes need to be practical to reduce volume production needed
>>
>>140143666
>nips are forced to do calc
Holy shit
>>
>>140143500
>Zippers too complex.

The concept of flat buttons would be more practical.
>>
>>140143530
They weren't. Education was limited to nobles and the church.
>>
>>140139944
Really? I'm impressed. I kind of want a maid now
Do tell me more anon
>>
>>140143770
How did they limit education?
>>
>>140143849
books being wicked expensive maybe?
>>
>>140143882
>implying peasants can read
>>
>>140143882
How expensive would they be?
>>
>>140143704
My high-school also made students take calculus.

Granted, I retained absolutely none of it, because Caclulus looked like devil arts to me.

>>140143849
The only available teachers charged a fuck ton?
Free Compulsory Education wasn't really widespread until recently.
>>
>>140142695
Wouldn't getting involved with the spice trade be better than butter?

Because come on, where are you gonna find all those cow farms to provide demand for butter for a big population?

Starting a spice trade would be easier to do in comparison.

Because raising cows also requires land and water and shit.

Meanwhile, spices come from plants and plants just need water, sunlight, and good soil.
>>
>>140143686
This is for investment capital, not a long term source of money.

Nobles have been noted to pay exorbitant amounts for exotic goods from the East. What would they pay for something that is not seen in this world?
>>
>>140143949
Raid some villages they always are full of butter
>>
>>140143849
By not providing it for free.
>>
in conclusion, isekai stories are fucking retarded
>>
>>140143500
What kind of materials did they use for clothes and shoes back then?
>>
>>140143978
Sorry but I think making milk, butter, etc mainstream would be too hard to do in those times.

Not enough cows and milk based products would be considered a luxury item for just a few people who are farmers or nobles.

Shouldn't we care about something more important than milk like Clean Water, instead?

Like water you can actually drink without an ill effects?

How did water purification work in ancient times besides boiling water?
>>
>>140144104
They didn't purify water anon. It was either clean or not.
>>
>>140141282
What if everyone but you can use magic. Except for you, of course since you come from a manaless world.
>>
>>140144104
drinking wine was cheaper than clean water
>>
>>140143849
>>140143907
They don't. But with books being off limit because they are literally worth more than expensive cars, there is no mass produced material to start learning to read.
On the top of that, being a scribe is a actual occupation, further reducing the need to be able to read.
Basically: Nobles could afford a tutor or a scribe to teach their children to read. Everyone else was unlikely.

>>140143954
What makes a trader a trader, is that he needs to convince the buyer that he is legit.
Which is interesting, because you mention investment capital. Because Industrialization reduced the prices on everything by 20-500x, for about every single existing raw material.
Whatever you are investing in, is likely too expensive for you. Most likely you have to become a apprentice in a trade to get access to the materials on the job, and even then its severely limited compared to modern times.
>>
>>140144166
That depends what magic is and can do.
>>
>>140144032
Materials that did not include zippers, velcro, and polyester?
>>
>>140143686
>Patents
Stop this. All you and all the other idiots ITT are saying is that without a monopoly you couldn't make a ton money.

That is factually inaccurate. For one it's not the modern era, people won't copy you overnight and you can easily move to new areas that haven't heard of it yet because communication back then was terrible. For two you don't need a monopoly to sell something that is novel and helpful.

The intention of the patent system was simply an incentive system to encourage invention anyways. The time-limited protection was merely an incentive not a necessity.
>>
>>140144032
Pretty much what we're using today, minus polyester. Cotton and silk.
Only difference is the techniques to produce better textiles.

How difficult would it be to produce polyester in a pre-industrial society?
>>
>>140144192
How do you convince someone that you're legit.
>>
>>140144104
>Mix yeast and fruits and water
>Literally forget it
>Come back
>Its now a delicious alcoholic drink
>Everyone with spare space has a lot of liters permanently brewing
>Ale is drank fresh and very low in alcohol
>>
>>140144166
does that still mean I'm still special because magic won't work on me either
>>
>>140144104
Making butter and milk mainstream is hard?
What?
Didn't everyone have it?
>>
>>140144282
It took an incredibly long time before the concept of the milk man delivering glass bottles full of milk could be available to everybody.
>>
>>140144255
Is this really how it happened. I have no idea how those fuckers made wine.
>>
>>140144243
Polyester is plastic right? Assuming you could find the plant, its whatever.
But there is a good chance you would need a industrial chain to even make a good volume profitable.
>>
>>140144282
I don't think the commoner diet back then was luxurious enough to include milk and butter at the table.

Like come on, you think every single person in medieval era could even afford eggs on the table every morning.

Milk is expensive. Eggs are expensive.
>>
>>140144192
>Because Industrialization reduced the prices on everything by 20-500x, for about every single existing raw material.
Examples? What the fuck? Is this legit?
>>
>>140144104
>How did water purification work in ancient times besides boiling water?
We're talking about a time before germs were known about. They didn't attempt to purify unclean water. They didn't realize that it was things in the water that made it unclean, they thought it was just one of it's qualities like being wet.
>>
>>140144150
>>140144184
Damn that sucks.

Drinking bad water literally gives you the shits.

Must be depressing to be forced to drink alcohol every day because it was safer than drinking water.

How come animals seem to tolerate unclean water better than humans.
>>
>>140144371
So like what did commoners eat then?
>>
>>140113387
guns.
>>
>>140144447
Different immune system and shit probably.
>>
>>140144282
If you lived at a farm, which was what... 70% of the feudal society?
So if there was cows, there could be milk.
But its a gigantic waste to drink it. Since it could be turned into sour cream, cream, butter, yoghurt, cheese, kefir and shitloads of things that stores well.

>>140144454
Pre Potato or post potato? Because those are very different diets.
If in doubt: Drown in corn and corn substitutes
>>
>>140144312
But who discovered the concept of milk brah
>>
>>140144454
Likely a lot of grains. Meat would be a luxury.

They definitely didn't have access to sugar, though, which is a blessing in disguise because I think having bad teeth back in medieval times could literally kill you.
>>
>>140143949
You would have to find the plants first. How the hell are you going to do that?
>>
>>140144535
Probably a horny farmer who watched a wild cow feeding her young and then thought, I want to suck some cow tits, too.

I don't think even pasteurization existed back then so they drank raw milk.
>>
>>140144586
Japanese high schoolers should keep a few seeds in their wallets in case they get teleported to another world.
>>
>>140144192
>more than expensive cars
Holy shit, a tutor must have been worth as much as a fucking f-16 then.
>>
>>140144535
It's one of the few things invented by women
>>
>>140137714
How do you get involved in gold trade at all? How do you even make fake gold?
>>
Thinking how shit human life was back then, I wonder how come humans weren't made to be Photosynthetic.
>>
>>140143906
Back in IX-X century many of Novgorod Republic commoners/peasantry were literate. The excavation sites uncovered that old streets were littered with notes made on birch bark and many of them were authored by lowlifes with CYKA BLYAD content.
Personally, I liked 'еби лежа' advice, which translates to 'fuck lying', meaning do things like everyone do.
>>
>>140144415
In the days world, things are legitimatly shipped from China to some factory to be refined, then shipped to countries for further refinement or use, and then sold to customers.
All the products you can buy are most likely super exotic imports, which has been over half the world.

On the top of that, industrial research has massively increased yields. Crop rotation is one thing. Artificial waste to increase growths, and tools allowing entire landscapes to be farmed.

TNT and all its successors has granted a massive increase in all forms of mining. Various searching methods including gigantic magnets allows to remove trial and error mining.

Even in things like livestock farming, increased sanitation and automation has removed a lot of costs.

A even better example is paint. White paint used to be extremely expensive, and red paint extremely cheap. Because red paint is made directly from rust. You know how all those old houses are painted white? Thats because back then, paint was super expensive.

>>140144565
Socities which did not have some form of dental care?
You know those?
Well, tooth pain in old age. That means suicide, the most common cause.
>>
>>140115761
So idea guys weren't a thing in that age?
>>
>>140144849
Humans metabolize a lot of vitamins into other vitamins via sunlight.
Which is also the reason people far north look white, and the people around equator are not white.
We are photosynthetic anon.
>>
>>140144942
Photometabolic != photosynthetic
>>
>>140113387
Everyone in this thread is thinking too hard.

If I was a NEET sent to a fantasy world, the first thing I would do is become the fantasy world's first ever pop star and plagiarize anime songs and mainstream songs from Earth as my own songs and make mad money from playing and singing songs from Earth.

Shit like the Happy Birthday Song would make me mad cash in the fantasy world.
>>
>>140144927
Did da Vinci own patents?
Protecting trade secrets was your own responsibility back then.
>>
>>140144991
Bard life was pretty shit desu.
>>
>>140144991
People in a fantasy/medieval world are unlikely to appreciate modern music. Also there is no way for you to copyright your music so you'll just be another traveling minstrel. Perhaps among the minstrels you may be recognized as the originator of some interesting music.

If you were a decent sketch artist with a good grasp of light and perspective you would either make bank or get burned as a witch.
>>
>>140144494
Yo what. Commoners knew how to make all of those from milk? How did they manage to learn that if everyone never left their town? How do they even eat these things if they can make it. Plain by itself? It's not like they know cooking recipes too, do they?
>>
Shipbuilding would probably be pretty easy, there a lot of things they wouldn't have that you would know about.
>>
Have none of you retards ever heard of a butter churn? Even the fucking Amish have them.
>>
>>140145228
The nobleman learns the technology
the blacksmith builds the butter churn
the commoner pumps it to make butter
>>
>>140145308
>shipbuilding
>ever easy
All the materials.
The designs. The exact piece by piece anon.
The workers.
>>
>>140145315
Average japanese highschoolers probably don't know how butter is made.
>>
>>140145315
How the fuck does a butter churn even work? I just see people pumping it and magic, butter.
>>
>>140145402
All those would already exist though and you'd easily be able to make changes or help with designs.
>>
>>140145477
Does everyone suddenly know the exact angle and nails of a ship's design and I missing out or something.
>>
>>140145523
fore and aft sails, hull shape, compasses, navigation tools. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to come up with something.
>>
>>140145622
How are you going to establish your credibility? You're a nobody.
>>
Blatantly copy all the anime, manga, and light novels you've read your entire life and become a fantasy world Shakespeare by turning them all into books and plays
>>
>>140145674
That was a good way to get killed by church.
>>
>>140145667
Make tiny boat models or a water compass and show them.
>>
>>140145749
Nonsense, boku no pico would sell like hot cakes
>>
File: knife attack.webm (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
knife attack.webm
1MB, 720x480px
>>
>>140145674
But who is gonna produce your books?
>>
>>140145803
This triggers me everytime
>>
>>140145803
>regular human tapping a unsecured chopping board with a shitty knife vs a magical loli with a sharp and huge knife against a secured wooden wall
>>
>>140145848
Maybe he's going to re-invent the lithograph. Which would require a metal lathe advanced enough for making precise rotating parts, which would require 5 or 6 generations of metal lathes to be built to build the final one. Though is lithography and lithograph machine design covered in japanese high schools?
>>
>>140145803
>>140145949
don't get the meme, what scene is it about?
>>
>>140145848
It's magic I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>140113387
No one thought of fighting a dragon and winning so they can get the right to marry a princess in this thread yet?
>>
>>140145992
I understand some of those words.
>>
>>140146041
The scene where Felt attacks the MC in her home.
>>
>>140146077
That's a pretty expensive journey, anon. It's worth the fame, but getting started is pretty ass.
>>
Assuming you're a high school student, you probably can't do jack shit.
>>
>>140145450
You get thick cream from your milk, then force your blind slave to paddle it like mad all day long. This makes magic.
>>
>>140146353
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_churn

This wouldn't make you rich though. Butter has existed since 2000 BC, and efficient churns have existed from the 6th century.
>>
>>140146211
A village would takes in a high school student with no questions asked I would imagine. They can fend for themselves and don't care much for else. A highschool student could learn how to be helpful with a family.
>>
He can invent soap
>>
>>140146648
How do you make soap, anon. Do tell.
>>
>>140146559
I mean living a life of luxury, like the OP said. A strong, young man is probably not going to have too much difficulty finding an ok living for himself.
>>
>>140146673
oil, lye, water
>>
>>140146479
There's no way their butter tastes as good as it does today, does it?
>>
>>140145372
Butter is easy to make, just keep stirring the milk, it'll eventually turn into a block of solid. All the fermented shit are invented by accident, by leaving in them in one place for too long
>>
>>140146872
>they still ate it even though it looks different
Gross
>>
>>140146872
meant for
>>140145228
>>
>>140146673
Boil fats in lye. Or soda, or other alkali solution. Then add soft acid to neutralize residue alkali.
Different fats and oils make different soaps.
>>
>>140146824
They have magic and fantasy creature milk.
For all we know their milk could do fancy shit like heal wounds.
Because Zelda.
>>
>>140146913
Lutefisk.
>>
>>140146926
>>140146807
How do you get your hands on any of these materials
>>
This thread proves that we should all take notes from NGNL: Everyone should have multiple tablet and smart-phone devices, and multiple solar-powered chargers. Each device should have a comprehensive encyclopedia downloaded, with detailed information on how to create anything that would be useful if you were transported to another world.

Just be sure to always keep these devices on you in the event of a summoning.
If you're reincarnated though, you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>140146807
You forgot semen and rose oil.
Sell near female dorms.
>>
>>140147004
Render fat to get oil
Burn wood to get ashes and add water to get lye
Use a well to get water
>>
>>140147162
Wish me luck, anons. About to hit it big with the church.
>>
>>140147004
Render fat from animals or press oil from olives or seeds.
Burn wood or hay or straw mix ash with water to make lye.
Make vinegar from spoiled wine or press lemons or grow some aspergilus nigra (black mold hehe) on some grains or sugar.
>>
>>140147251
Don't forget to make the priests some kind of lube :^)
>>
>>140147162
>>140147291
How did someone come upon this design? These are some of the oddest ingrediants to mix.
>>
>>140147155
Even better. Get flasks and labels:
"Vagina wash. Prevents unwanted pregnancy".
Add water medicine odor and your semen.
>>
>>140147076
How about a bag full of marbles.

If I got summoned to a fantasy world and I had a bag of marbles, how much money would I get from selling marbles?
>>
>>140147505
I doubt they cared about getting pregnant.
>>
>>140147441
Who really knows what the first person who invented soap was thinking.

Maybe he or she was a time traveler.
>>
>>140147441
Lye was used everywhere as a detergent. People noticed how fats from plates in hot lye makes washing better.
>>
>>140147540
>selling fucking rocks
Nothing man, you dumb or what?
>>
>>140147441
I'm pretty sure lye has been used for cleaning for years, they probably put it in some oil after they saw it went a bit solid.
>>
>>140147615
But marbles were enjoyed by upper class children during Ancient Rome and other cultures.

Wouldn't something perfectly round and colorful earn a lot of money.
>>
>>140113387
He could probably set up a bunch of scams. Pyramid schemes aren't illegal there.
>>
>>140147568
Oh, they did. In every patriarchal country:
Your commoner husband goes to war or earn living in other town.
Year later he returns and finds them holding black kid. Instant kill or worse, STONING.
>>
>>140127265
>has nothing to do but help the witch

ur dum
>>
>>140147737
>impure waifus
Disgusting.
>>
>>140147540
>>140147615
Well, it depends on how you market it. If they don't exist in the setting, you can easily sell it to some superstitious twat saying in was designed to "ward off bad spirits" or "bring great fortune" to anyone that has it on them, then charge a ridiculous price for each individual marble.

Basically do what the MC did with his cellphone, only more like a snake-oil salesman.
>>
>>140147737
>patriarchal
are you stupid.
>>
Buisnes idea:
Make segmented parabolic mirrors from layered wood veneer, cover them with varnish to make very smooth surface, then use silver mirror reaction to make reflective surface. Sell solar ovens.
People will be glad to buy, because firewood was not cheap in cities.
>>
>>140147962
Is snake oil a legit thing? What does it do?
>>
>>140148193
Makes anime real
>>
>>140148141
Good luck getting the technology to make all of that.
>>
>>140148141
>mirrors
>600AD
>>
>>140137541

Right, but those of us with the Engineering backgrounds to

>Understand that
>Implement it
>Find a market niche and monetize like a motherfucker

Are in the minority.

In any event, depending on the exact fantasy nature of the world, the availability of magic may make certain pieces of technology more or less easy to implement, significant, or popular.

That being said, I'd go with the printing press; it's harder to make it explode, the profit ratio would be better (at least until you saturate the market or someone else figures out what I'm doing), and it might cause social destabilization that could create new opportunities to leverage and expand my wealth and power
>>
>>140148322
They had mirrors back then though; and I'm pretty sure this show isn't in 600AD.
>>
>>140148193
Makes your waifu seem like she's pure and innocent when in reality she's an unapologetic cock-gobbler
>>
>>140148141
The sun wasn't as strong as it is now. Global warming ruined the world's perception as we know it.

Back then everything was much colder.
>>
>>140148416
Mirrors were expensive as fuck, because they weren't easy to make.
>>
You niggas all think the world was harmless back then.

>make product and earn millions
>get robbed that same night
you are all pretending to be the next bill gates, but nobody has even considered you need several guards and a place to safe your money. You do realize banks didn't exist until 1910, right?
>>
>>140148650
They were easy to make, just not easy to make a good one.
>>
>>140148674
>what are jews
>>
>>140148733
go and google the year Israel was founded, around late 1800
>>
>>140148674
Tell me how burglars will go about it. I can take them on probably.
>>
>>140148797
What? Jews have been money lending for hundreds of years before Israel.
>>
>>140148674
What did they do before banks then?
>>
>>140114945
Advertising has been around for thousands of years mate.
There are ancient Greek writings about the decline of the Olympic games into massive advertising shitfests.
>>
>>140148283
Making template for parabola is trivial and so is earthen/alebaster/lime+sand master template for paraboloid.
Silver mirror reaction is as simple as dissolving silver oxide in ammonia and then adding inverted sugar (so glucose is separated from fructose). There is tons of chemical reactions that produce ammonia.
You just laminate veneer or just paper of rags on the mold then add wood framing.
The tricky part is to find suitable varnish with high surface tension that will provide glass-smooth surface.
>>
>>140147962
Actually the basic glass marbles that are so common nowadays would pretty much be miracle quality goods back then. The kind of clarity that modern glass marbles have is something that wasn't possible until venician artisans cracked it sometime in the 16th century. It'd be worth roughly the same amount as high quality jewellery to a medieval society.
>>
>>140148684
You don't need good mirror for solar oven. Niggas just use tin foil.
>>
>>140148993
>marbles are actually valuable
I'm sorry I ever doubted you anon
>>
>>140148807
I watched some time ago that they took advantage of twilight as you were walking home they would use a vine rope to make you fall and then they would beat you up mercilessly and then steal all your daily proffits and leftover merchandise.
>>
>>140148979
So all you need is a laboratory and a supplier that knows what the fuck you're talking about? Then you need to be in a country that's hot enough for the oven to actually be effective and a city that has people rich enough to buy something that took materials from everywhere and hundreds of man hours to make.

Seems like a really inefficient use of time, effort, and money.
>>
>>140147732
It really depends on how good their law system is. Take fantasy Australia for example. In the web novel for Konosuba, Aqua was arrested for trying to set up a pyramid scheme. Kazuma was forced to bail her out which lead to an increase in his debts.
>>
>>140132558
Good idea actually. You could make a functional bicycle very easily if you have a basic understanding of bicycle mechanics.
>>
>>140149334
But horses
>>
>>140149334
>very easily
how do you get oil for the chain
can you really make the chain and wheel from memory? (shape of chain, number of bars circumcising the wheel)

also tiers, where are you getting the bike's tiers?
>>
File: 1459282047980.gif (357KB, 256x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459282047980.gif
357KB, 256x270px
>>140149470
>circumcising
>tiers
>>
Fuccking run light telegraph between towns (or employ mages). Start commodities exchange. Run fractional banking. Get rich.
>>
>>140149470
A "functional" bike is very different from a "an advanced modern mountain bike". You can make one that functions well enough without knowing any of those things, and it'd still be fairly impressive to a medieval society.
>>
>>140149739
if its not a mountain bike then its worthless

you think people had roads back then?
>>
How much would you think medieval people would pay for pillows with cute girl drawings on them?
>>
>>140147441
Ancient Point and Click Adventures.
>>
>>140148528
How do I prevent global warming when I get transported?
>>
>>140149785
>what are romans
>>
>>140140225
>And how would you obtain the materials to start using a printing press?

First of all, 20 holy coins are fuckton of money.
Like 2000 gold coins.
Second, you don't need sophisticated "machinery" to start the early printing press.
The concept behind printing press is as simple as blocks of carved wood stamping ink. Even the ancient Chinese printing is far more advanced than none.

In fact, crafting wood blocks carved with each alphabet is already enough to start printing books.
>>
>>140149823
How did they even come up with the idea of pillows?
>>
>>140149841
>what is the dark age
satanic roads were destroyed
>>
>>140149785
Of course they do. How fucking backward ado you think they are?
>>
File: road-with-trees-pompeii.jpg (555KB, 1704x2272px) Image search: [Google]
road-with-trees-pompeii.jpg
555KB, 1704x2272px
>>140149785
These are roads in Pompeii, with the large raised blocks as stepping stones for when the roads would flood.

Roads aren't fucking space age technology, you can still ride a bike on a cobblestone road.
>>
>>140149985
I guess that's why modern roads in Europe are over Roman ones.
>>
Mages. They fucking spoil every lucrative business.
Like selling medicine and heroine, fixing broken bones, doing blood transfusions.
>>
>>140149825
Prevent the industrial revolution at all cost.

could be a good anime premise
>>
Storytelling is the obvious choice for an otherwise talentless neet. Just regurgitate all the anime you been consuming and you would at least get a warm meal.
>>
>>140150064
The industrial revolution really did ruin everything. It's disappointing. I'll have to do my best at figuring out how to stop it despite having a life span of human years.
>>
>>140149992
Not to mention, Romans had concrete a thousand years before it was "rediscovered".

Really fucking good concrete too, we still have buildings made out of them standing today, two thousand years later.
>>
>>140148674
>>get robbed that same night
Because crime doesn't exist now clearly.

It also wasn't illegal to booby trap your home back then though. Unlike now where are robber can break into your house, injure themself, and then sue you.
>>
>>140149785
>you think people had roads back then?
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>140150096
This, becoming a bard could be good, you get to travel and if non-ugly fuck some guy's wife and shit.
>>
File: that's america.png (296KB, 707x431px) Image search: [Google]
that's america.png
296KB, 707x431px
>>140150198
>>
>>140150170
Why did the Romans fall again? Someone should save them if they get transported with Romans.
>>
>>140149641
>Run fractional banking.
It takes a lot of brainwashing and super secret banking to make anyone think this is a good idea.
>>
>>140150257
too many inmigrants
>>
>>140150257
They ran out of money.
>>
File: darkages.gif (9KB, 363x323px) Image search: [Google]
darkages.gif
9KB, 363x323px
>>140150257
Christians.
>>
>>140150328
>>140150330
>>140150332
>tfw we are facing the same issues today
>>
>>140149923
This.

It's painfully clear from this thread that people don't understand the evolution of technology.

No one is going to start with an modern day 7million sheets per minute press. They probably won't even start with the first printing press. They'll start with letter blocks, they might even stick the letter blocks together into word blocks.

The real problem is illiteracy.
>>
>>140150415
Mudslimes and southern baptists today are basically the Christians back then
If we don't watch ourselves with religious zealots, we're gonna have another dark age upon us.
>>
>>140150096
>>140150230

Bards survive on charity. They are nothing like modern day artists that summon up the lawyers if you partake of their performance without paying.
>>
>>140150415
History repeats itself.

As a species we have a very bad memory.
>>
>>140150257
Roman water pipes were pretty bad and contained lead and mercury.

Basically, advanced water technology screwed over Romans because they used the wrong material for the pipes. The technology was sound and wise but the concept of dangerous metals didn't exist in their heads back then.

Also, the Romans had a streak of bad emperors in a row who made bad decisions.
>>
>>140150677
Actually there's some evidence to suggest that they were aware of the problem on some level, just like a lot of early civilizations figured out mercury was toxic from mining cinnabar. There simply were no viable alternatives to lead at the time, so they carried on using them.
>>
>>140150677
The lead pipes weren't enough to have any meaningful effects though.
>>
>>140139855
>Industrial revolution was possible because a insane load of shit piled up towards it.

the industrial revolution happened because the tiny island of britian suddenly found itself in control of half the world and didnt have enough people to effectively use the resources they had acquired which is the exact same reason the ancient world didnt industrialize. Things like sanitation and better understanding of chemistry came after the industrial era, not because of it.

ancient fantasy worlds tend to have low populations due to the ever present danger of monsters and magic. such a setting would be excellent for industrialization.
>>
>>140150812
>wanting to ruin the world with industrialization
Stoppu!
>>
>>140150170
>looks up Roman concrete on wiki
>They were more durable than concrete we use today

what the fuck?
>>
There really isn't anything I could do that would make me better in fantasy land than now. My knowledge is worthless there.

I would probably just scam a few losers just like the MC is doing in the anime but that's it. I would probably learn a lot from the people there than them from me.
>>
>>140150881
Kind of like damascus steel. Sometimes people chance upon shit that just works really well.
>>
>>140150919
They would learn a lot from you too, like your behaviors. It's a good thing both ways.
>>
>>140150881
Roman concrete was made out of dryed up lava. They lived in a highly volcanic area back then in the golden age.
>>
>>140150924
damascus steel is a meme though, like katanas
>>
>>140150975
>dryed up lava
>used for the mainstream
This is some fantasy shit.
>>
>>140150975
So it's not that we can't replicate the technology, it's just not cost effective. Makes sense.
>>
>>140151008
>it's a meme because modern technology and modern materials are better
>>
Open up a Vitamin Store in the Fantasy World.

Make mad cash selling my Vitamin C to the Navy so no sailor gets scurvy.
>>
>>140151014
>Recently, it has been found that it materially differs in several ways to modern Portland cement. It is widely acknowledged that Roman concrete is the most durable type of cement of its kind due to its use of volcanic ash.
>>
>>140151008
No it wasn't. It was genuinely better than any other type of steel made during that time period. It's just not better than modern day steel.
>>
>>140151039
How in the Nine hells are you going to get access to vitamin C?
>>
>>140151014

>The ancient Romans had a secret weapon as they established their astonishingly successful empire: access to volcanic rocks

>concrete is the most durable type of cement of its kind due to its use of volcanic ash
>>
>>140150165
>I'll have to do my best at figuring out how to stop it despite having a life span of human years.
Convince the church that such technology is the herald of doom, and that their god showed you visions of what happened on other worlds.

>>140151021
That's pretty much it. We CAN create concrete that will last for eons, but it wouldn't really be cost effective, in a consumer society that functions based on disposable resources.
>>
>>140151122
I imagine he just means selling dried fruits. Or using them as ingredients for preserved foods that needs to be hydrated before consumption.
Vitamin C by itself is insanely hard to extract and store, as they are easily oxidized.
>>
>>140151418
>That's pretty much it. We CAN create concrete that will last for eons, but it wouldn't really be cost effective, in a consumer society that functions based on disposable resources.

>hey guys ya know how everything is disposable?
>well lets make our buildings out of dispoable stuff as well

that day TED became the CEO of his construction company
>>
>>140151418
>Convince the church that such technology is the herald of doom, and that their god showed you visions of what happened on other worlds.
pretty good, you are a smart nigga
>>
File: SunnyD.jpg (23KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
SunnyD.jpg
23KB, 360x360px
>>140151122
step 1: buy shit tons of oranges
step 2: cut em into little slices and sun dry them
step 3: take out seeds and grind peel + fruit
step 4: ???
step 5: sell powdered pic related
>>
>>140151493
>well lets make our buildings out of dispoable stuff as well
Well, it makes sense. If you make a building out of really strong material that won't need much maintenance for years, you have suddenly put yourself out of a job.
Also, I imagine it also makes maintenance (when it does need to happen) more expensive.
>>
>>140151711
I get the logic, but it still feels so wrong when our buildings today fall apart in less than a century yet amazing shit like the Pantheon is still standing strong two thousand years later.
>>
>>140151583
No, bad idea. Terrible idea. The medieval church was a powerful institution crammed with educated scholars that sat around "interpreting" the fuck of the bible. Some mongoloid looking pleb lunatic would almost certainly be laughed at and excommunicated like many other heretic like him before.
>>
IS THIS SHOW ANY GOOD OR JUST A RIPOFF OF KONOSUBA
>>
>>140151846
>RIPOFF OF KONOSUBA
>ripoff
>04/2012
>Was written eight month before Konosuba started

Other way around mother fucker
>>
>>140151846
it's even better, it's a ripoff of both konosuba and erased
>>
>>140115840
Well the Ln says he is a deliquent/neet
>>
File: 1460310370334.jpg (125KB, 1916x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1460310370334.jpg
125KB, 1916x1074px
>>140150332
This image will never not make me mad

The clergy were the ones who actually knew how to fucking read and were the ones preserving knowledge

It was the fucking pagans who ruined everything in the first place
>>
>>140151894
Re:Zero - started serialization April 2012
Boku Dake - started serialization July 2012
Konosuba - started serialization December 2012

Why do people on /a/ not do 20 seconds of research before saying dumb shit?
>>
File: 1445139380668.jpg (36KB, 600x262px) Image search: [Google]
1445139380668.jpg
36KB, 600x262px
>>140151846
Think flavor of the month MC transported to a fanta sea land, add a dash of Steins Shit or Erase my Cucking with a slight edgytweest.
>>
>>140151963
It's not like there's a source so who cares

How do you even measure scientific advancement at certain times?
>>
>>140148401

Steam engines are easy to build. The hardest part is getting the timing down.

Even the most crude and broken of steam engines will out-perform horses and men in the simple task of pumping water.

A steam turbine over a fire is easy and can be used to drive a water pump for hours. All you need to do is make sure you have a person regulating water input to keep it going.
>>
>>140150332
desu it was the start of Islam burning and destroying anything left by the romans, after helping with the final fall of rome, that did more harm than the christian church. the christian church was the only reason half the roman age tech and information even continued to today, and the ''dark ages'' are a meme that started because of edgy atheists.

not that it was ''the best'' but people who dont know much about history beyond the 3 minutes they paid attention in HS give it a much worse rap than reality.
>>
>>140152060
What are other alternatives to steam engine that don't mess up the planet?
>>
>>140148922
The concept of banks are almost as old as the concept of currency.
Why would there be so many western films about bank robberies if banks didn't exist in the 1800s?
>>
>>140152060
If they're so easy to build why didn't the Greeks do anything with theirs?
>>
>>140150332
>>140150482
>>140150485

This is why Rome fell. People like you blame religion and fail to address the basic underlying issue of politicians spending more money than is taxed leading to debt and eventual societal collapse.
>>
>>140152158
You have to be shitting me anon. That is what politicians are doing today too.
>>
>>140151963
Bullshit. You're gonna tell me next that Patriarch Pope Theophilus did nuthin wrong in burning the library of Alexandria

Fucking Christian cunt.
>>
>>140150257

Bankruptcy. Rome spent too much money, failed to pay their public officials and armies, the government shut down, the armies were disbanded, and barbarians flooded in from the north as the holdings of Africa and the middle East were abandoned and conquered by the Muslims.
>>
>>140150677
>>140150790

Public debt and imperial overreach.
>>
>>140152196
Now everyone's rich enough to create a loop of borrowing and lending.
>>
>>140152158
>religion is great and holy

Why the fuck did you include quote about the technology behind printing press?
That has nothing to do with your stupid rhetoric nor is it relevant to the issue.
>>
>>140151641
And how in the Nine hells are you going to get access to oranges? Those are exotic fruits. You are not going to find some for sale at the local market.
>>
>>140152263
How do you stop dumbasses from doing these things?
>>
>>140151448

dried lemo, orange, and lime peels hold vitamin C very well.

This is why British sailors were known as limeys. They ate lime peels for vitamin C.
>>
>>140152301
To be fair, any citrus fruits will work, including lemons and lime.
>>
>>140152268
>It's an assblasted fedora episode
>>
>>140152322
Make it stop working, the USA has been in debt for over a hundred years, maybe two hundred, I can't remember.
>>
>>140152104

Nuclear steam engines.
>>
>>140151448
People have been drying fruits since roughly around the time people discovered that it makes fruit last longer. This isn't a new concept.
>>
>>140152268

Wow... You have no argument there.
>>
>>140152355
>Make it stop working
Well, I guess that isn't necessarily a wrong answer.
I'll have to figure it then.
>>
File: 1459131456300.jpg (60KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459131456300.jpg
60KB, 720x720px
>>140152355
Source: My Dubs
>>
>>140152158
>politicians spending more money than is taxed
your joking right?

Rome fell because they let their armies turn to shit by outsourcing them to the fucking BarBars, while spending the tax money on their own bullshit villas and fucking street orgies, on top of getting too fucking big so proper communication channels between the empire was strained (seriously if they had fucking telephones they would probably still be around), Islam cutting off their waterways and making bitches of them in north africa, nepotism with military leaders..

and lets not forget that "rome" wasnt one long-running empire, it actually collapsed and re-formed around three times. four if you count the Catholic Church.
>>
>>140151829
Acting like a madman wouldn't work, sure, but trying to get "in" with the church, and giving your input about how this technology will do more harm than good, would still work if you build up a convincing case.
>>
>>140149470
For a simple bicycle, it would probably be easier to make a belt-driven system, which would also remove the need to lubricate the drivetrain (aside from the bottom bracket axle).
Also, the number of spokes in a wheel is not static, and differs in modern cycling depending on the purpose that you want to put the wheel to.
>>
>>140152335
Sauerkraut seems like an easier source.
>>
File: 1460244643828.jpg (128KB, 290x408px) Image search: [Google]
1460244643828.jpg
128KB, 290x408px
>>140152424
>2424

You're alright
>>
>>140151829
>church interprets the bible
>courts interpret the constitution
History keeps repeating itself.
>>
File: 3453534.gif (1007KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
3453534.gif
1007KB, 250x250px
>>140130638
Where does she even keep the sword?
>>
>>140152367
solar powered thorium steam engines
>>
>>140115840
i see youve never been on fit
>>
>>140122626

You realize that a suplex is viable in an actual fight, correct? It certainly did not get invented for pro wrestling. If you can get close enough, and you know the proper technique (lock tight, squat a bit, throw your hips in, and arch), you can really ring someone's bells and follow up with some hard strikes.

I'm not saying that in a fight between two skilled combatants that it is likely to happen. It's not. It takes a decent amount of energy. Also, it can be incredibly hard to achieve, and if you do it incorrectly, or your opponent hooks your leg as you're trying to arch, you can end up hurting yourself. But it's certainly possible, and if executed correctly, can win you a fight, especially if you're on concrete. Probably could kill someone.
>>
>>140152424
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_of_the_United_States#History
>>
>>140152126

Greeks knew and had lot of things and didn't do anything with them.

The steam engine was present in practically every major civilization that knew how to work iron. However, it took thousands of years for people to think about taking a small toy and making it bigger to do something that they didn't know that could be done.

Knowing the solution to a problem you didn't know you had is only the first step. The second step is finding out you had a problem. The third step is using the solution to solve the problem.

This is how ground-breaking technology is typically developed.
>>
>>140152268
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_science

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/our-voices/battle-of-ideas/the-dark-ages-were-a-lot-brighter-than-we-give-them-credit-for-8215395.html

just some light reading to start you off, from there you can find out how much of a fedora tipper you are. the church might be past its need, but structure is important in keeping idiot masses contained and fruitful.
>>
>>140113387
Well I don't know about magical but I've seen a few stories where X sent to another world changes everything with his knowledge. It's a theme.

In fact I'm pretty sure right now you could look up a "everything you need to know in case you get stranded in some less advanced world" packet or something. No matter how stupid it is.
>>
>>140152429
>your joking right?
spending the tax money on their own bullshit villas and fucking street orgies
>getting too fucking big so proper communication channels between the empire was strained

Yes... I am not joking. They mismanaged money.
>>
>>140152429
>seriously if they had fucking telephones they would probably still be around
Are you insinuating that if we time-traveled to the past/transferred to a fantasy world, we should create the telegraph concept, and sell it to the Romans?
>>
>>140152515
That has NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about.

One of the quote you quoted had nothing to do with your discussion, it was about how feasible it would be to replicate printing press in another world.

It has NOTHING to do with the other discussion about Chruchs.
I'm not fedora tipping, I'm saying you're a fucking idiot who can't fucking read.
>>
>>140152429
We all have telephones, world isn't that much better
>>
>>140152547
I want something about someone from a fantasy world coming to our world and inventing stuff, could be interesting if he's an alchemist or a wizard or something.
>>
>>140152547
But this MC is not that smart or knowledgeable. He's learning things the hard way and continually getting fucked over. Probably a reflection of the author's self-hatred.
>>
File: 1438966110576.jpg (914KB, 1920x2609px) Image search: [Google]
1438966110576.jpg
914KB, 1920x2609px
>>140152547
i got you oni-chan
>>
File: 041.jpg (135KB, 516x732px) Image search: [Google]
041.jpg
135KB, 516x732px
In Konosuba, Kazuma invents lighters and kotatsus. In the case of the latter, he just substitutes the heating elements with magic mumbo jumbo. Then he just sells the manufacturing rights to a devil with good business sense.

He also tried to make condoms but ended up failing because they weren't thin enough. In his case, he's kind of cheating because he's using craftsman skills and magic to try to replicate what he knows from Earth.

Another thing is that he's not the first person to do this because there's a bunch of other anachronistic crap lying around that other people brought in.
>>
>>140125604

I think you're projecting a bit, anon. Some people have some serious luck with genes. I gained 10 pounds and a noticeable amount of muscle in 8 months. Granted, I hit a huge wall after that, and didn't gain another pound for 5 months, but don't lump everyone's body into the same category.
>>
File: 1459841688769.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459841688769.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
>>140152509
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_of_the_United_States#Histo
Total debt as % of GDP. Am I being memed on?
>>
>>140152637
Thanks. I knew it had to exist.
>>
>>140152582

Maybe he clicked the wrong message? Still, you are quite the fedora-tipper if you managed to get that angry.

Personally, I would be bewildered, but hardly upset. When someone quotes me and says something completely out of nowhere, I typically turn my head sideways and bark. Ask for an explanation or something.
>>
>>140152708
I don't think you even understand what fedora tipping means.
If someone's pissed and angry, that's opposite of fedora tipping.
>>
>>140152736

Fedora-tipper: (Noun or Adjective) An atheist that rejects reality, knowledge, and science because it clashes with their world view that religion is evil and has done nothing for the world.
>>
>>140113387
I would rape and murder as many women as possible knowing DNA evidence wouldn't be an issue
>>
>>140152334
>>140152335
You doofuses know that most conifer needles contain large amounts of vitamin C, right?
>>
>>140152637
What about events that need to be prevented to live a good life?

We now know you should help out the Romans by advising their spending habits as well as designating technology as the devil's work so industrialization is stopped or at least slowed down.
>>
>>140152676
What?
>>
Just use your knowledge of the history of economics to become the ultimate jew in all the kingdoms.

>gold coins

Stupid goyim, gold restricts the money supply! You should use this debt-based fiat curren- I mean FEDERAL note instead!
>>
File: 1447547787292.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1447547787292.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>140152736
My little anonymous cant be this retarded. Oh wait he is.
>>
File: 1460086968866.png (880KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460086968866.png
880KB, 720x720px
>>140152826
do conifer needles have the power of the sun?
>>
>>140152826

Sure, if you want to eat conifer needles. Still, flavor is important to the per-industrial man.
>>
>>140152829
Good luck getting rid of all that lead.
>>
>>140152888
The lead wasn't a problem though.
>>
>>140152860
But unfair distribution of wealth isn't good for the economy nor society.
>>
>>140152860

What is federal?

Is it like a promise of goods or services written on parchment and traded for real goods and services?
>>
File: 1440692531720.jpg (646KB, 1208x2579px) Image search: [Google]
1440692531720.jpg
646KB, 1208x2579px
>>140152829
dont have one like that but i got this
>>
who emilia here
>>
Since when has zealous faggots invaded /a/?
I thought you stupid sods hated anything non-American and unbelonging to the superior European race.
I wish you'd fucking leave us alone and go jack off to your naked statues of crucified jew.
>>
>>140152872
For sailors, not having scurvy is more important. Just mix it into their grog so they can wash down their hardtack with it.
>>
>>140152857
The national debt was not over the national gdp until 2012. A country will almost always have money that it owes but not to a point that it cant pay it back. Still though I didn't think things were this fucked guess JFK was right.
>>
>>140152980
There's an Alaskan brewery that actually makes a great spruce-tip beer.
>>
>>140152941
fiat currency is like the USD (in paper form) worthless paper that people/ the gov says is worth something despite it being litterally worthless
federal currency is whatever the gov states "this is worth something and is to be used as a measure for barter"
>>
>>140152942
What good is it to be able to read the weather when I can't do anything about it.
>>
>>140152986
It'll only be fucked when countries stop the cycle.
>>
>>140152980
True, but I don't think sailors of this time period regularly spend enough consecutive time at sea that scurvy became a serious issue.
>>
>>140153039
Predict,Prepare,Protect,Prosper.
>>
>>140153074
Really? How long were they at sea generally?
>>
>>140152916

Fair is not the same as even.

The rules of a game are fair in that everyone follows the same rules no matter what. However, the skill level difference of players means that one team will end up with more points.

Redistributing points at the end of a game so that everyone has the same points is stupid.

Money is similar in this aspect. The solution to the problem of unfair wealth distribution is to get the wealthy to spend irresponsibly on luxury goods and services and things they don't need to match their income.

The problem is that the wealth is sitting idly in bank accounts and forcing the Fed to print more money so the economy keeps working, causing inflation.

It is the stagnation of money that hurts the economy. It is putting all the cash in the banks and sitting on it that hurts the economy.
>>
File: 1460527287699.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460527287699.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>140153039
be a mystic spook man and pass reading the weather as seeing into the future make lods-of-emone
>>
File: 1460338857417.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460338857417.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>140129293

>yfw
>>
>>140153039

Oh, it's going to rain today? Time to build a boat and put my pets on it so that when all my neighbors die in the flood, i can repopulate the planet with my offspring.
>>
>>140153052
I'm sure that will happen willingly. Yeah nah go fuck yourself happening fag.The bubble will burst eventually but no today
>>
>>140153139
I don't think it'll ever burst, at least not until aliens show up and we have to unite.
>>
File: 1440437973865.png (2MB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1440437973865.png
2MB, 2304x1296px
>>140153182
oh aliens? i have a chart for that
>>
>>140131046

Trump doesn't have a plan, but he is a wild card. He managed to do some really crazy things that people did not expect, so he has that. Just that.

Bernie has nothing. He has a predictable plan that will fail.
>>
>>140153098
>Money is similar in this aspect. The solution to the problem of unfair wealth distribution is to get the wealthy to spend irresponsibly on luxury goods and services and things they don't need to match their income.
There's no way this is actually the correct method, right? What about the poor? Can't they use their money to provide for the poor instead?

>The problem is that the wealth is sitting idly in bank accounts and forcing the Fed to print more money so the economy keeps working, causing inflation.
How does the Fed even know how much to print?

>It is the stagnation of money that hurts the economy. It is putting all the cash in the banks and sitting on it that hurts the economy.
It makes sense, but there surely has to be more.
>>
There's plenty of things you can invent. For example; the camshaft. The cam. Mechanised labor will net you big bux.
Dynamite is fairly simple to invent; get glycerol from the distillation of wood (really), sulphuric acid from sulphur, nitrates you can get in reasonable quantities from saltpeter deposits or even animal shit if you're desperate. Nitric acid from nitrate + sulphuric acid.
Nitrate the glycerol and you get nitroglycerine. Mix it with clay or sawdust and you are now alfred Nobel level rich. Mainly because of mining and peaceful applications although you'll get a shitload for military purposes too.
Also sulphur:saltpeter and some charcoal will net you gunpowder.
>>
>>140153217
The Panama papers show exactly how much wealth is just being squirreled away instead of reinvested. Even buying luxury cars and yachts gives yachtbuilders jobs. But sitting around in banks gives bankers, who already have jobs, even more money to squirrel away themselves in one big wealth circlejerk.
>>
>>140153209
Imagine if you told your grandpa that in 2016 there would be a candidate who not only ran on torture being acceptable but promised to torture MORE. And kill suspect's families.
>>
File: 1455495393230.gif (976KB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1455495393230.gif
976KB, 245x280px
>>140153209
>Let me put my hopes and dreams on something volatile.
>Let me put my hopes and dreams on something something commie.
He is predictable, so he has that. Just that.
Also pol pls go and stay go.
>>
>>140152986
How do you know when you've gone over the threshold and can't pay it back anymore?
>>
>>140153308

he'd probably be glad.

3rd worlder detected
>>
>>140153283
>just keeps money saved up
>doesn't even use it
For what reason?
>>
>>140153308
>murder the family members
>America, country where you can advocate war crimes on live TV and not be disqualified to run for the presidency
>>
>>140153373
>he thought the jews was a meme

You have much to learn.
>>
>>140153343
You really don't understand the mentality of 1940s america if you think that's the case.
Think about it like this: When a president spies on a small group of journalists in a hotel (called the watergate hotel), that's impeachment.
When a president today spies on all journalists in the world, as well as everyone else, that's just business as usual. Gotta stop those turrists!
Reminder that 100 years ago presidents were being ASSASSINATED by terrorists and torture was still abhorrent.
>>
>>140153379
>war crimes
are you dumb?
>>
>>140153412
It's a war crime to murder the family of a combatant.
>>
>>140153412
Advocating to murder innocent civilians solely based on lineage is a war crime, yank.
Or do you not know which clip we're talking about?
>>
>>140153091
I'm not an expert on the subject, but from what I know boats traveling the Mediterranean during this time rarely spend more a few weeks at sea before making port, and the proximity to land mean that getting access to vitamin C would not be a particularly difficult task. Scurvy only really became a problem when people got the boats and resources to be able to travel across the Atlantic, which took months of open sea travel and usually does not offer many locations where you can restock.
>>
File: 1458918589442.png (699KB, 599x858px) Image search: [Google]
1458918589442.png
699KB, 599x858px
>>140153338
see
>>140152676
Total debt as % of GDP
Not saying its impossible and besides until they actually audit the fed we wont really know how fucked shit is. However things like massive cuts in big gov and military are going to happen. We spent a trillion burgers on a fucking failed airplane cus they apparently dont have computer literate coders in the chair force engineering department.
>>
>>140153430
>>140153432
The US doesn't even recognize ISIS, how is it a war crime?
>>
A nation that has torture as an official policy can join the impressive ranks of nations like Soviet Russia, Maoist china, North Korea, Pol Pot's Cambodia, North vietnam, Various african nations that put burning tires on people's necks, and nazi germany.
Such pride can be felt from having the same morals as these fine fellows!
>>
>>140153460
We're not talking about ISIS
We're talking about the live statement Trump made, that we should go after the family members of the terrorists and murder them, so it would hit them where it hurts.

None of us have any problems with anyone wanting to go after ISIS. This is different.
>>
>>140153460
Then you're killing women and children for no reason. Just learn from turkey, and Baron Ungern, just murder them. Leave no tail.
>>
>>140153513
He was talking about ISIS though.
>>
>>140153460
>How can palestinians be real if their country isn't real.
Just because obongo bananas wont recognize human beans doesn't mean they dont exist.
>>
All you idiots talking about inventing things, patent law doesn't exist then and someone will just reverse engineer your product, or one of your employees will sell the recipe, and then you are fucked.

Just play the market like Lawrence and Holo do.
>>
>>140153574
But taking advantage of the people is morally wrong.
>>
>>140153546
So say, if your cousin got caught up in their belief and defected, your entire family should be murdered by the government?
Goddamn his base really is made up of complete morons.
>>
>>140152640
Kazuma doesn't invent shit himself. What he does is provide the idea, draw up a rough concept sketch of how it works to his knowledge, create a rough prototype of it (that doesn't even need to work, it just has to have the shape), then provide it to a merchant who can use his connections to find the right people to get the real thing made and mass-produced.

Like most trapped-in-a-RPG-world cliches, Konosuba makes fun of random high schoolers somehow having perfect knowledge of the inner workings of various modern day equipment.
>>
File: 1460090416027.jpg (780KB, 1596x914px) Image search: [Google]
1460090416027.jpg
780KB, 1596x914px
>>140153624
welcome to life
>pic related its your hopes and dreams
>>
>>140153638
>So say, if your cousin got caught up in their belief and defected, your entire family should be murdered by the government?
Yes, it teaches citizens to not defect or else their whole family tree will also pay. It's a good punishment to keep people in line.
>>
>>140153574
People stopped being sci when pol shit the thread. Most of the time lawrence got played tho. If I was stuck in that situation I would invest the finds a way into properties and live off that shit while playing the role of a mad philosopher dishing out common sense shit.
>>
>>140153574
This is why instead of selling to a market you sell contracts for goods to nation states.
>>
File: 1459638463735.jpg (998KB, 1360x1928px) Image search: [Google]
1459638463735.jpg
998KB, 1360x1928px
> All this talk about innovations and economics.
Is this an ECONOMICS thread?
>>
>>140153679
Economics rules the world and is also what you have to play if you want to save the world from the modern age. Teach us how to do so, anon.
>>
>>140153643
There are isekai stories where MC isn't a teenager, but rather, an adult and expert in their fields.

Magicraft Meister and Otoko nara Ikkoku Ichijou for example.
One a metal plant technician, the other a food processing plant manager and retired JSDF soldier.
>>
>>140153704
Yeah but Konosuba isn't making fun of those ones.
>>
File: 1441071078552.jpg (88KB, 649x668px) Image search: [Google]
1441071078552.jpg
88KB, 649x668px
>>140153679
economics? i thought this was a lifehack thread
>>
>>140153667
I'm at a loss of words at your stupidity. Even 17th century commoner were smarter than you.
This country really is doomed.
>>
File: 1459127226545.jpg (555KB, 1000x694px) Image search: [Google]
1459127226545.jpg
555KB, 1000x694px
>>140153679
This is why I'm here.
>>
>>140153674
Owning land despite not having one single drop of noble blood.

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Land ain't free and was never free.
>>
>>140153638
I never said I agreed with it and I never said I was a supporter of his, also he reiterated and said that he'd go after the families, not kill them.
>>
>>140153739
>Land ain't free and was never free
>never free
Triggered.
>>
>>140153729
We're talking about foreign people here; technically murdering an entire family is smarter than leaving angry children around to take revenge.

But really bombing their neighbourhoods from drones is an offensive move.
>>
>>140153574
No one wants to be a merchant because history doesn't remember the merchants, only the inventors, faggot.
>>
>>140153774
>implying people can only have the motivation of being remembered to do things
>>
>>140153739
Yeah, property rights were a joke in medieval times and patent law was literally nonexistent lmao

if you really want to invent shit you would need to get some sort of local lord to sponsor you as an artisan, but hikki-NEETs irl have -100 charisma, so good luck with that
>>
>>140153735
Big tits really are superior after all.
>>
>>140153765
Don't play word games with me buddy he stated "We should take out the family members". Not go after. He said, and I quote, "Take out". You can't back tract with that kind of statement and claim you didn't mean kill.
>>
>>140153723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP5qbKS_8VY
I love this motherfucker. All the shit he builds would greatly improve any shitty fantasy themed generic anime. Junk Inventor traped in a fatasy anime harem fucking when?
>>
>>140153829
>local lord to sponsor you as an artisan
So find a good guy lord and convince him well. How hard can that be?
>>
>>140153735
This is nice too, instead of stupid and rampaging shitposting like last week, we have real discussion.
>>
>>140153838
Are you new to Trump rallys/debates or something? He regularly says jingoistic stuff there and says something more sensible later on, either on purpose or because he spoke to experts and changed his mind.
>>
>>140153735
What's the difference between micro and macro economics minna
>>
>>140153829
You don't need patent law. If you're the inventor of something it's going to take a while for someone to copy you. By that time you're producing the most and because of scale you can do it cheaper than anyone else.
You're a monopoly but by the time there's competition you have capital base. Then you use this capital to produce other technologies they don't have, and the time lag of being able to copy goes up the more complex the technology is.
And when you get to something like steam engines, you WANT people to copy you, as this means that the entire society benefits from mechanised labor.
Investing in property means that as the wealth of societies increases you have the best property and land to benefit from it.
You could get fantastically rich.
>>
We hanged japs after world war 2 for waterboarding americans. Now we advocate killing the families of people we deem terrorists.
>>
>>140153829
>but hikki-NEETs irl have -100 charisma, so good luck with that

Eh, in real life history, people could scam the Chinese Emperor into drinking liquid mercury as a way to achieve immortality and in Europe, you had alchemists convincing nobles to ejaculate onto a bowl of suspicious ingredients during the full moon in order to create homunculi.
>>
>>140153739
I would start small softhands. You know buy an inn or some business I know will bring in profit. Make enough money over several similar investments. Eventually have enough money to become the count of monte christo.
>>
>>140153953
How do you gather enough money to get a business in the first place?
Wasn't basically anyone aside from the high-class broke?
>>
>>140153904
THINK BIG. TRUMP.
think small. sanders.
regional and international
>>
>>140153335

Would you rather choose guaranteed failure or the faint hope that the wild ride to come will have something worth while?

I am making my choice because there is no candidate worth voting for, so I might as well vote for the one that will be absolutely unpredictable.
>>
>>140153981
He had a 20keit-ai. Thats almost as much money as a small loan that you inherit from your father.
>>
>>140154038
There should be a system in place that makes it so if there's no candidate worth voting for, we switch to a better system since it's clearly not working.
>>
>>140153308

You do know that the only way to wage war against terrorists is through genocide, right?

The war on terror is stupid. It isn't supposed to be a war. However, if you NEED there to be a war on terror, then you must do the things that terrorists cannot.

It is said that when you stare into the void, the void stares back.
To win against terrorism, you must stare into the void and make it tremble in fear of what is to come.
>>
>>140154081
parliament :^)
>>
>>140154081

I want to vote for someone else.
>>
>>140154130
Nukes should really make a comeback. They solve so many problems.
>>
>>140154038
Everyone the president is just an overglorified scapegoat. Real presidents died with JFK. I just love how ignorant people cling to the illusions that one person can fix all of the worlds ailments by pure coincidence. I do agree that I dont want another bush or clinton but It hardly matters what we want know doesn't it.
>>
>>140154205
Everyone is ignorant to some degree, it's inevitable with how shitty the world is. Unless you have some other brilliant idea to be implemented, it's the only option we've got at the moment.
>>
>>140154142
Explain to me the goods and bads of Parliament.
>>
File: uPxAyAY.png (2MB, 1178x872px) Image search: [Google]
uPxAyAY.png
2MB, 1178x872px
>>140153703
Easy, you become smug and beautiful.
>>
>>140154142

The parliamentary system requires separate classes of people to be legally recognized and supported.
>>
>>140154288
Did beautiful people really have that much of an influence back then?
>>
>>140154237
Well I do. Educated people should run for relevant parts in our government. Such as Education,Defense,Health,Economics,etc. Every year the figurehead position pases on to one of them and they can focus the country into their specified flavor for an entire year. This two party shit flinging hotdogshitfest needs to have a serious conversation with the not as big G.Washington.
>>
>>140154281
It's a joke. Parliament mean one major party will always win no matter what. So it create a pseudo one-party state in a democratic country.
>>
>>140154205

Make no mistake. If Trump launches all the nukes and brings about nuclear apocalypse, I would be happy just because it would be different.

I want a wild ride.

If he somehow manages to pull things together and brings about world peace instead, I would be okay with that, too.

I just don't want it to be the same old song of promising free stuff we cannot afford to people who shouldn't have it in the first place.

I do not benefit from any social programs in spite of me needing it the most right now. I don't qualify because I have a job.
>>
>>140154281
Parliaments are stable and better represent the population but they can change control quickly and a lot can change in a short amount of time.
>>
>>140154342
If you're beautiful, you got charm. If you're smug, you have the skills and confidence.
>>
>>140154403
>Educated people should run for relevant parts in our government. Such as Education,Defense,Health,Economics,etc. Every year the figurehead position pases on to one of them and they can focus the country into their specified flavor for an entire year.
Okay, this is different, but it's also kind of similar to what Presidents already do, isn't it? They have their own agenda and that's the flavor for an entire term.
>>
>>140154457
Look here happening fag. It. Ain't. Happening. You will continue to wagecuck your way into a very lonely and shitty death. You want a wild ride go bike off the edge of a very steep hill. Or maybe I dont know you find a reason to exist all by yourself for yourself and wake up everyday wanting there to be a tomorrow for you and yours. But nooo you will continue to be a pathetic pathogen hoping for shit to go south so you can whisper out of your radiated lungs one phrase. It happened.
>>
>>140154457
Trump is anti war and anti nukes though.
>>
>>140154628
How does one help a person like anon?
>>
>>140154403
>Educated people should run for relevant parts in our government

That is the most ignorant statement that anyone can say. What do you define as educated?

Education is the standardization of thinking. Brainwashing. Dogma.

Does 1=0.999_?

All educated people will say yes. MOST educated people cannot explain why. MOST get angry and say "Because that is how it is! You are just stupid!"

Intelligence does not equate to education.

We have a lot of highly educated people in Congress right now. They cannot balance the national checkbook.

There are millions of uneducated people who are forced to balance their checkbook every week and cannot afford to get into debt. They manage just fine.

Education is controlled by the dominant political ideology of the era. Socialism dominates educational teachings, so the majority of educated adults these days are socialists who blindly accept the idea that socialism is infallible and that they are inherently different from the rest of us.

The Soviet Union only allowed the most highly educated to manage their government. Those educated most highly in Communist philosophy.

Unless you can establish an objective and unchanging definition and truly untainted system of education, choosing people according to number grades in school as levels of competency is ignorant and naive.

If I had a penny for every college graduate that did not know the difference between nuclear fission and fusion that I met, I would have a full piggy bank.
>>
>>140154555
Four fucking years is a long ass time. And the one year cycle is so the entire country is focused into improving one cog of the machine while being held responsible. The guy fucked up and did jack shit for half the year? Exile.
>>
>>140154628

I bike off a steep hill every day. I do things I want to do all the time. I do not like having to pay taxes and not have enough to buy food and STILL manage to get myself food through non-traditional means.

I am fine by myself. I know how to survive a nuclear apocalypse, and would come out for the better because I know how to filter fallout.

I want the government to get it's shit straight. I will vote for the person closest to that ideal, because assassination is out of the question. There are just too many people that would need to go to be successful.
>>
>>140154693
By that I mean people who have dedicated their fucking lives into learning all there is to know about the subject and less into making blank promises and witty speeches. Even then they would be scrutinized heavily by flocks of professionals in their department to guarantee compatibility. I'm not going to go into specifics unless I absolutely have to and even then I'm sure you are going to nitpick the fuck out of a fictional system that will never see the light of day.
>>
>>140154814
It could see the light of day if it's written about and gains enough exposure.
>>
>>140154662
>>140154799
Apparently there is no way to help this people. Just ignore them like you would a hobo that's having a heated conversation with a wall.
>>
>>140154851
I believe there are countries that already have similar forms of government like the Swiss Federal Council. It's entirely possible but very difficult in a country like ours.
>>
>Browsing through the thread.
>No one mention joining the military
>No one mention being arse licker to a noble so you can gain a connection to upper echelon in military.
>Not introducing various ground breaking tactic you stole from your world.
>If you are lucky and the noble you leeching is either kind or dead, the king will recognize your tactical ingenuity and reward you with a fief and a title of your own. If you are not, you can become advisor to the said noble and share the wealth from achievement and reward.
>>
>>140155003
I think it's safe to say most anons don't know how to fight.
>>
>>140154814

Look, I nitpick because it is what must be done. Your system is a perfect system IF it can survive people like me who nitpick it.

If it cannot get past me, then it has no hope of getting past people who are more intelligent than I.

The greatest threat to any system where people are appointed according to merit is the threat of nepotism.

Even the most educated of societies reject progress if it threatens their current seat of power. Scientific development is constantly sabotaged TODAY by old men who dedicate their lives to something, and then discover the entire foundation of their research was wrong and reduces them to a position of irrelevance.

Adding a third house of intellectuals to Congress might work, and I recommend you start building your system in that aspect. We are talking constitutional overhaul of the highest degree.
>>
>>140155003
Why would you join the military? You'd just be a pawn and any knowledge you'd have would be from hundreds or thousands of years in the past.
>>
>>140155032

I do, but with modern weapons only.
>>
>>140155003
Unless you have Hax revival powers like the MC. Enjoy being eaten alive by how warfare used to waged in those days. With the revival gimmick you can risk everything and if you fuck up just end yourself or have someone do it for you.
>>
>>140145674
He doesn't know how to read and write their language, good luck
>>
>>140154693
>Does 1=0.999_?
Yes.
Why? Floating point rounding errors.

If you want a non-tech related answer, then it's "It may as well be 1, because the difference is negligible".

For anything practical, even spaceships, you don't need thousands of significant digits for pi. Just a dozen or so are enough.

>We have a lot of highly educated people in Congress right now
Kek.
But I see your point; going to school and learning shit doesn't mean anything if the person is a fucktard.

>Socialism dominates educational teachings
Maybe (southern American) conservatives should stop trying to have creationism taught in science class?

Anyways, nothing is inherently wrong with most political ideologies, but people are too selfish for any system to properly work.
>>
>>140155067
It would literally play out like All You Need Is Kill except less combat strength and more focus on strategy and predictability
>>
>>140155032
You don't need to be 10/10 swole /fit/ guy to join a military in middle age. Most of conscripts are just peasants who are even skinnier than Auschwitz prisoners.
>>
>>140155096
>But I see your point; going to school and learning shit doesn't mean anything if the person is a fucktard.
I'm still wondering how to explain stupid to stupid. I know it has to be possible one day.
>>
>>140155034
>>140154950
It's not like its a brand new form or anything and just about any governmental body has flaws and corruption. The only reason why I sperged out on you is for calling me ignorant. I know your type too well and hate to admit how similar we are. Thing is this is just a fart in the internet and our government will never take the steps to improve upon itself thanks to those who can't be named.
>>
>>140155096
>Why? Floating point rounding errors.
Yes, but the majority of people never investigate how the error occurs or why. They assume that is how it should be and nothing more.

>going to school and learning shit doesn't mean anything if the person is a fucktard.

Exactly, and we are all fucktards at something.

>nothing is inherently wrong with most political ideologies, but people are too selfish for any system to properly work.

The problem isn't the political ideologies themselves. It is the idea that political ideologies decide what is and is not valid knowledge for a society.

It should be the other way around. Knowledge should descide what is and is not a valid political ideology for a society.

Creationism was put in place due to a political stance as opposed to reason and knowledge. On the same note, Evolution is hailed as being infallible to children even though the theory itself is constantly changed and challenged and changed because many challenges turn out to be valid to some degree. Brocolli is an excellent example of an evolutionary anomaly that does not fit in the current evolutionary model and challenges a couple major points. Cross-breeding being a source of some species, etc.

Politics saturate our education and taint the minds of people with biases that should not be there.

Biases will always exist, but we need to be aware of them. These biases would inevitably follow and influence the decisions of a society that appoints people to positions to power even if the criteria is education and competency.
>>
>>140155003
Why join the military when you can use the exact same tactics in business?
>>
>>140155067
Before the firearm become more widespread and war become more deadly than ever, most of people who work in military are either obsessed with pride and honour or poorfag who are forced to join the military. So you can expect most of them will abandon all idea that give you more survivability and victory and goes for honour and valor and charges to the enmies line or run away at the first charge. Since your brain perform better than average peasant or some uppity nobles, you can bullshit through the battle by being sneaky git. Also find some noble to save so you he become indebted with you.
>>
>>140155202
I called you ignorant because I am taking you seriously when your portrayed your idea in an over simplified way. It looked to me that you ignored the problems associated with your idea.

At this point in time, we are both highly cynical. I am seriously considering the idea of Trump as president because the chaos he would make just might end up falling in a way that makes life more livable for me. The other candidates will only make things worse.

I am placing my money in the one place where it might go the opposite way of where I don't want it to.

I just have no options on the Federal level.
>>
>>140155504
You're a cool guy, anon. I hope to see you around more often.
>>
>>140155151

Just explain to them what they did step by step until they call you stupid for it not making sense.

Then tell them that they are right. It doesn't make sense because it is stupid, and that is what they did.

They will then say that they didn't and be angry at you. However, it is by that anger that you will know for certain, that deep in their heart... they know.
>>
>>140155504
What kind of chaos do you think Trump will make?
>>
>>140155527

Thankyou. I know I can be harsh, but if I am too gentle, I will not know if I am talking to an idiot or someone with a good idea.

Good ideas stand on their own regardless of who holds them.

On that note, I recommend you start a petition of an amendment to form a third house of Congress. A house of general intellectuals. Specifically philosophers, scientists, engineers, and doctors. Philosophers are important. They have the most firm handle on what emotion and the human condition is and how it functions in society.

It is a good place to start.
>>
>>140155686

Anything other than the same old.

If it brings the government to a grinding halt, it will give society time to think of what was done since Bush entered office.

We won't be distracted by new laws and can reflect on old ones.

OR, he manages to drive the entire government somewhere else entirely, in which case, I don't know what to expect.

It could be anything.
>>
>>140155785
At the very least he'll change elections, it's not just about corporate shills fighting anymore.
>>
>>140155867

He is already breaking the election system by out-winning everyone.

People will vote for Trump simply because they remember him more than the other candidates. He knows it is a popularity contest, so he is focusing on making himself popular. He does not care about being right. He cares about people not caring if he is right as long as he is him.

He makes reality television shows, several of which were extremely popular. He knows what it takes to not get voted off the show of who wants to be a president.
Thread posts: 563
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.