[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thou Shall Not Die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: thou shall not die.jpg (176KB, 683x1000px) Image search: [Google]
thou shall not die.jpg
176KB, 683x1000px
Let's talk about this manga.
I just recently learned of it's existence and it seems pretty interesting so far.
>Japanese high-schoolers develop special snowflake psychic powers
>Japanese military trains them for combat
>get put in a real-life combat situation
>their powers are almost useless in real war and most die brutally
>>
Well what are their powers?
How long do they train?
>>
>>140096968
I remember reading the first three chapters when they were out. It was edgy shit and the scan group was maximum cancer.
>>
>>140097404
I'll agree that it's kind of edgy, but that is kind of the point. It's supposed to parallel an element of generic anime with the horrors of real war. I mean, war is actually edgy.
>>
>>140097697
No, this isn't edgy because war is edgy, it's edgy for the sake of edge. That head deformation sequence was a fucking joke.
>>
>>140096968
>Yoko Taro
Wait, the Drakengard guy?
>>
>>140097803
ye

>>140097761
I'd say that's more of a problem with the art than the manga as a whole. I mean, to be honest, the manga has painfully obvious anti-war messages.
>>
>>140097904
The art is part of the storytelling, and choosing to show a four-panel sequence of the guy's head deforming as the bullet enters while his words get garbled and MC looks on smiling is edgy as fuck.
>>
File: 13.jpg (1MB, 500x3602px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
1MB, 500x3602px
>>
File: 23 (2).png (2MB, 684x2000px) Image search: [Google]
23 (2).png
2MB, 684x2000px
I actually really liked it. It was some good bait and switch and the male yandere is cool.
>>
File: 60.jpg (2MB, 689x4500px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
2MB, 689x4500px
>Girl you like likes Gary Stu-kun
>Laugh at him as his brains get splattered
>>
>>140096968
>Yoko Taro
Who let this madman near a manga
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 869x1238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 869x1238px
>>140098399
They did it twice.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.