[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: jin.jpg (491KB, 1768x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jin.jpg
491KB, 1768x1200px
I am amazed by the accuracy of the medical knowledge in this manga. There are a few leaps of faith for entertainment purposes, but it is almost as if it is a doctor writing this.

For instance, the chapter on tension pneumothorax they included increased JVP from obstructive causes of hypotention due to the pneumo, which is not the first thing a layperson thinks of.

Also Jin thread.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>138968558
Good to hear it anon.
>>
Japan is one of the few places where people with respectable jobs quit them to pursue their true passions of drawing pictures for generally peanuts. While that might not be the case here, there are some unusually passionate people who make manga and seriously put a lot of effort into it.
>>
>>138969174
Which other one are you referring to? Unfortunately most manga are wildly inaccurate regarding their details.
>>
>>138969242
I believe there's a number of historical mangaka who have actually studied what the fuck they're talking about. But you only have to look at Tezuka who started it all. He was a qualified doctor.
>>
>>138967859
forget it op, if you think /a/ will ever read this.
Just watch the drama, I liked it even more because it's "Taiga drama."
>>
>>138969363
How cringe worthy is the drama adaption? I might try it.
>>
>>138969242
If it's Japanese history, they really don't, if it's another country's history then it's obviously will be. The only exception are traveling to the past, and ROV like stuff.
>>
>>138969353
>Tezuka
>Doctor

Now I have a lot more respect for the man. That passion is real.

And every time I read Histoire or Gunka or Shut Hell or Song of the Long March I will keep on imagining them as historians having fun with another medium.
>>
>>138969433
Good point. I meant more in terms of the depiction of medical equipment. You are starting to see it in anime too, where the IV line are actually drawn correctly.
>>
>>138969419
>cringe
yeah this why people don't watch Japanese movie because they assume everything is anime adapted.

Good drama and movie are harder to find because no one would share them. Jin was very well done, because taiga drama don't do those stupid cringe shits.They are serious about their drama when they believe it has potential.
>>
>>138969534
Thank you my good anon. I will look for it post haste.

Pray that it has English subs.
>>
>>138969534
What was the drama ending like for Jin? Does he alter his own timeline in any significant way?
>>
>>138969569
Im warning you, this is a very long run drama. Do not marathon it.
>>
>>138969606
Thanks anon. Will enjoy it in pieces like Aria.

I binged on the manga last night. I was very impressed with it. Although creating penicillin was a bit of a stretch, and the lack of penicillin resistant organisms and his surgical success rate for a neuro-surgeon who turns into a public health doc, a plastics surgeon, a thoracic surgeon, a hepato-biliary surgeon, and a GP who does cancer screening.
>>
>>138969709
Nothing House have not done though.
>>
>>138969605
Big spoiler
He changed the past completely to save himself and his love ones. The most significant changes were, he left the poor Saki a widow (this part was the most painful to watch) and Japan became the first country to establish innovative health care.
>>
>>138969814
So it is going full Zipan?
>>
>>138969534
Also reminder that, Japanese drama, especially the historical ones has the best fucking OST I've ever heard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWTS2BEpR6Y
>>
>>138969900
Which one is this for?
>>
>>138969242
Well he probably didn't do particularly respectable jobs but, Sandrovich Yabako (writer for Kengen Asura), worked as a salaryman, an archaeology digger, and was about to be contracted on to a fishing ship before he got asked to write manga due to his amateur martial arts background
>>
>>138969897
not really, just the last part was the only big thing. But the fun part about this drama was the political intense in the past which didnt really change much.
>>
>>138970027
Thanks anon!
>>
>>138969953
Atsu-hime, it's another good with a Princess MC. But I recommend you watch Ryou-maden after Jin. Still have good music.
>>
>>138970087
Will do. Thanks anon!

Any other good Japanese drama we are missing out?
>>
Never read the manga but I liked the drama. Didn't finish season 2 though. This thread's reminded me to finish it.
>>
>>138967859
But are you amazed at how the translators actually managed to keep up with the medical knowledge despite working on like a bajillion other series?
>>
>>138970860
The translator probably is a nurse or at least a medical student.

The way he explains SIRS and ARDS is atypical of a lay person.
>>
>>138969363
What is Taiga drama and what makes it differ?
>>
>>138969433
>If it's Japanese history, they really don't
To be fair, all the people interested in doing would most likely prefer to go into the already established 'period drama' tv industry they have
>>
Been following this for a while, and I really enjoy it.

I do wish the translations weren't moving at such a glacial pace, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
>>
On the breast cancer chapter - if he invents lumpectomy and local-regional radiation with tamoxifen I will rage quit.

If he use the early stage I breast cancer no need for radiation I will be impressed.
>>
>>138972281
They mentioned more than 3 cm from the breast.

Damn. The author actually read up about breast cancer staging. Good man.
>>
>>138972487
Silly anon, that is lung cancer staging from the carina.

Breast cancer does not care for distance from the nipple.

Also >Leaving a drain in a lumpectomy. No axillary lymph node dissection.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.