[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lupin thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_mieku7uJIw1qmt6dpo1_500.gif (924KB, 497x276px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mieku7uJIw1qmt6dpo1_500.gif
924KB, 497x276px
Why didn't anyone ever bring back David Hayter? Fuck Sonny Straight and his monopoly on English Lupin. Fucking hack made no attempt to make Krillin and Lupin sound different. Same goes for Chris Sabat with Piccolo and Jigen.
>>
>>138958139
>dubs
>>
>>138958167
I always watch subs anymore, save Cagliostro.
>>
File: naked.jpg (28KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
naked.jpg
28KB, 500x312px
>>138958139
Jigen a qt.
>>
>dub
>>
>>138958139
Expense? I dunno.
>>
>>138958201
I don't really understand why since it wasn't anything special apart from David Hayter.
>>
File: sd_cyber02[1].jpg (27KB, 444x334px)
sd_cyber02[1].jpg
27KB, 444x334px
Which was better

Green or Red?
>>
>>138960850
Green.

The only reason to bother with red Shaggy is the Ghoul School movie.
>>
>Hayter as Lupin
>Fahn as Fujiko (could've sworn it was Wendee Lee at first)
>Snyder as Jigen
>Gregory as Goemon
>Seymour as Zenigata

Cagliostro's dub cast is god-tier. Would've loved to see them on the regular, as it is I think I'd only watch the rest of Lupin in Japanese.
>>
>>138958139
>Sonny Straight
>Monopoly
He was only Lupin in Fujiko Mine. And I'm sure he could've done better, had the voice director not cleared that performance and tried reaching for something better.

>>138961985
>Ignoring GOAT workhorse Thornton as the count
Also, who's Snyder and Gregory?
>>
>>138963007

John Snyder, other big role would be Gohda in GitS 2nd GIG. He's done a ton of incidental VO, notably Jet's old cop friend Bob in Cowboy Bebop (show and movie). Very distinctive gravelly voice.

Michael Gregory, doesn't have as long a VO resume, but he's also in Bebop, plays the old Indian chief Laughing Bull. And he was the Dynamite Neon guy in Trigun.
>>
>>138958167
/thread
>>
>>138958139
But Blue Jacket Lupin's gonna be voiced by Tony Oliver. Also, Michelle Ruff as Fujiko, Richard Epcar as Jigen, and Lex Lang as Goemon.
>>
>>138964905

No, that's stupid.

Dubs can be good. We're out of the doldrums of the 80s and 90s, it is indeed possible for good dubs to exist. They're rare, and often their quality depends on whether or not English fits the tone of the show (Michiko to Hatchin works a lot better than, say, Gingitsune), but good dubs exist.

Lupin's ripe for dubbing. It's a mishmash of wacky Japanese comedy and western styles.
>>
>>138958139
>starting a Lupin thread with dub discussion
Just kill yourself, you degenerate.
>>
>>138965966
>Dubs can be good
Why the fuck would you want to watch a bastardization of the source material?
Just absolutely disgusting. Dubs are for casuals and children who have a hard time reading subtitles.
>>
>>138965966

>Good Dubs
>Ever

Fuck off normie.
>>
I would have rather had Kiefer Sunderland come back as Lupin. Shit would have been so great.
>>
>>138965966
Nice dubs, by the way.
>>
>>138966053
If the subs are translated properly. If not, then although you're still hearing the original, you've still got a bastardized version on your hand.
>>
Don't know or care about any of these people.

Lets talk about actual voice actors. Yamada Yasuo was the goat Lupin, but Kurita Kanichi is a worthy succesor to his fame. At first, in late 90s and early 00s, he wasn't that good, but with time his voice has become so much more fitting, so much more varied. All of his 2010 Lupins are extremely pleasing to hear. I hope he stays with the franchise for many years to come.
>>
>>138958139
I think David Hayter was amazing but I'm I think Sonny did a fine job. Krillin sounds very nasily. He says Krillin is him doing a bad impression of a higher pitched popeye. His Lupin his just his normal voice but more upbeat.

It would be interesting to see Hayter reprise the role, but I'm happy that we even got Lupin dubs and I'm also happy to see Tony Oliver return to the role for the part 4 dub.

also is this a general Lupin thread or do you just want to know why David Hayter wasn't brought back and waste a possibly good thread?
>>
>>138966053
Oh fuck off purist scum. When Japs dub our shows into their language for their people to enjoy, we don't claim they bastardize our work.
>>
Can someone make a proper Lupin thread?
>>
>>138968932
There are probably Japanese that bitch about dubs of foreign shows, which would be a better comparison in this case.

Generally, most people don't give a shit about how their homegrown entertainment is delivered to other countries that speak a different language.
>>
>>138965966

Fuck no they can't be. Sabat pronouncing "Goemon" as "Goymon" is sheer proof.
>>
File: you're a meshi, I....gif (999KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
you're a meshi, I....gif
999KB, 500x375px
>>138970584
Wouldn't be the first time they mispronounced a character's name and just rolled with it.
>>
>>138970584
To be fair, they redeemed themselves by the time the Fujiko Mine series came out when they've learned from their pronunciation mistakes. You don't see errors like that nowadays so you're example is invalid.
>>
>>138970735
the YYH dub is still better than the sub version so it doesnt really matter.
>>
>>138970824
>the YYH dub is still better than the sub version so it doesnt really matter.

You must be joking right? all the villains sound flat as fuck and Kuwabara sounds more like someone with down syndrome.
>>
>>138970865
opinions.
>>
File: vndqya.png (196KB, 420x319px) Image search: [Google]
vndqya.png
196KB, 420x319px
>>138970824
>>
>>138970865
since when do people actually prefer the sub over the dub for this show? us this a joke? Next you're gonna say the sub of DBZ is better than the dub.
>>
>>138970907
cute picture of yourself. Doesnt belong on /a/ though.
>>
>>138970944

Of course they are. every time I hear Goku, I think of Masako or whatshisface in the Spanish version not some random nobody off the street.
>>
>>138971056
At least not I know you're baiting for sure.
>>
anyone picking up the new Jigen's Gravestone Blu Ray?
>>
>>138971056
>actually liking old lady goku and shit spansih dub
seriously fuck off with this trolling shit.
>>
>>138971101

How am I baiting? What the fuck was this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gXGYKNQE9M

>>138971174

>If he doesn't agree with me, it's trolling!

Seriously fuck off with your dogmatic attitude.
>>
>>138971139
I'm getting it to specifically check out that new dub. Heard it was great.
>>
>>138970985
that's actually a picture of you
>>
Lupin dubs are good fun

>Lupin sits in a bear trap
>Goemon trying to help him out of it
>"Transcend the pain!"
>"Transcend my ass!"
>"That's the idea."
>>
>>138971402
Thanks for telling us something we already know.
>>
>>138971427
thanks for reading my blog be sure to like and subscribe
>>
>excited about a Lupin thread
>OP asks why a certain dub actor hasnt played Lupin again

seriously why? Why couldnt you just say "it's a Lupin thread". By bringing up any dub, you're just going to piss off the autistic subfaggots who are just going to make the thread worse
>hurr durr dubs
You had 1 fucking job.
>>
>>138971508
i am still waiting for someone to make a legit Lupin thread
>>
>>138970824
Personally, I don't really care for Sabat's Kuwabara. I appreciate that he tried to come up with something to replace Kuwabara's delinquent drawl though.
>>
>>138971568
Why not make it yourself?
>>
>>138971768
because I'm lazy and i've already made about 30% of Lupin threads this month.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.