[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tenchi Muyo!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Tenchi.Muyo!.full.470857.jpg (400KB, 1091x795px) Image search: [Google]
Tenchi.Muyo!.full.470857.jpg
400KB, 1091x795px
What is objectively the better series? OVA or Universe?
>>
File: kiyone007.png (278KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kiyone007.png
278KB, 640x480px
>>138815989
The one with Kiyone.
>>
File: PhEzQ.gif (731KB, 332x196px) Image search: [Google]
PhEzQ.gif
731KB, 332x196px
OVA because canon harem ending and Kenshi.
>>
>>138815989
I liked Universe better because I personally prefer an overall main plot to a more episodic structure.

Also >>138815989
>>
>>138817352
Meant to point at >>138816132

not sure what happened
>>
Sounds interesting.
>>
OVA hands down
>>
>>138819828
This.
>>
>>138815989

Does Kiyone want to accidentally shoot Mihoshi?
>>
>>138815989
Universe, without a doubt.

Let's just get it out there: Kiyone is a perfect foil to Mihoshi's derpiness, and the world is a better place with her in it. So Universe already has that going for it.

Second, Universe also gives us a more focused, coherent plotline as a whole: Because it was released as a single TV anime rather than 20 episodes scattered across 13 years, we get one solid arc rather than a good one, then two scattered ones.

Third, let's face it: The best two Tenchi movies are based on the Universe canon: Tenchi Muyo in Love was a fantastic one-shot which highlighted the potential of the series as a whole, while Tenchi Forever was a fantastically-written drama which fully explored the characters.

I've got a lot of love for the first arc of the Tenchi Muyo OVAs... Like a lot of us here who didn't get into anime through more recent shit like Naruto, Bleach, etc, I got in on the first wave of dubbed anime: Ranma, Tenchi OVA 1, Patlabor, Vampire Princess Miyu, MD Geist, Record of Lodoss War, Vampire Hunter D, etc, etc.

Universe stands above and beyond the OVAs in a lot of ways, frankly.
>>
>>138819950
Kiyone has to deal with Mihoshi on a day to day basis.

Of-fucking-course she wants to accidentally shoot her.
>>
>>138819950
>accidentally
Also you don't clean your gun when it's loaded.
>>
>>138820123
Guns are always loaded
>>
>>138820223
Dat trigger discipline tho
>>
File: kiyone12.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kiyone12.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>138819950
>101 reasons to do so
>enough responsibility to not
>>
File: 190252.jpg (368KB, 1080x1470px) Image search: [Google]
190252.jpg
368KB, 1080x1470px
>>138815989
OVA
>>
As someone who has only seen Isakai and not any of Tenchi Muyo proper, is there a guide of how to tackle them?

I was surprised to watch a harem that was actually good
>>
>>138820401

There are two canons which matter.

Tenchi Universe goes: Tenchi Universe (TV) to Tenchi Muyo in Love (1st Movie) to Tenchi Forever (2nd Movie).

Tenchi Ryu-Ohki goes OVA series 1 -> OVA series 2 -> OVA series 3 to Tenchi Muyo GXP

In the middle of all that is Tenchi Muyo: Daughter of Darkness, which is a fucky movie which combines the two canons to tell one story. It's... okay.

Technically Tenchi in Tokyo exists, but it exists only to be burned. It's absolute dogshit and should be forgotten totally.
>>
>>138820401
Watch Tenchi Universe and the movies
Then watch Tenchi in Tokyo, so you can rant like the rest of us, that Universe was infinitely superior.
Then watch The OVAs and make your own opinion, whether it's better than Universe or not.
Then watch GXP, so you can curse Nabeshit for every second that shitbot appears on the screen.
You don't really have to watch AiTM, unless you want to see something worse than TiT and Nabeshit combined.
>>
>>138820560
Thanks for the info.

Just for reference, where does Isekai fit in? TV or OVA?
>>
>>138820720

It's part of the Ryu-Ohki continuity.

I'd recommend watching Ryu-Ohki OVA 1 first, then doing the entire Tenchi Universe continuity, if I'm honest.

Tenchi OVA 1 is fucking rock solid, and it was first. It's a nice introduction to the characters. It provides a nice contrast to the Tenchi Universe continuity, which helps.

Also...

>>138820712
Motherfucker, you do NOT recommend Tenchi in Tokyo.

GXP was at least watchable. It had problems, but it also had invisible Yamato Nadeshiko assassins coated in blood, so it's pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>138820720
About 15 years after OVA 3.
And OVA 4, now that I think about it, unless there's going to be a time-skip in it, which is unlikely.
>>
>>138821047
Doing OVA first then, if for nothing else than that I technically have started with it (albeit with a spinoff).

Also, it seems seeded torrents are hard to come by.
>>
>>138815989
>Just one slip, one little accident and I can be free of her forever.
>>
Universe is fine, but it fucks up the characterization hard.
The OVAs are better, even if OVA 3 was sub-par.
>>
>>138821158
Yeah, it's 90's anime, dude.

It's rare, now. You'll find it.
>>
Alright guys, so I'm this guy

>>138821047

And I'm about to fuck off to Ikea and other shopping disasters I need to deal with today.

For the anon who wants to get into Tenchi, I'd also recommend Dual!! Parallel Adventure Trouble and El Hazard: The Magnificent World.

Both shows are better than Tenchi, but produced by the same guy.

peace out
>>
>>138821239
>It's rare, now. You'll find it.
It really shouldn't be on the internet.

That's the whole point.

I can understand that a link from 2005 for an obscure 80s/70s series (that may not even have a DVD release) might be dead but it seems weird that something relatively popular like Tenchi Muyo wouldn't have more seeded torrents.
>>
>>138821368
>For the anon who wants to get into Tenchi, I'd also recommend Dual!! Parallel Adventure Trouble and El Hazard: The Magnificent World.
>Both shows are better than Tenchi, but produced by the same guy.
Will see if I can find them aswell. Thanks.
>>
>>138815989

OVA (ignoring season 3 though since it sucks). The characters have more depth than in Universe and the humor works better.

I love Kiyone and utterly despise Noike, plus TMiL was great, so Universe is a close second. Forever movie was hot garbage though (that out of character intro with Ryoko and Ayeka at the police station after Tenchi went missing, shit was so stupid).
>>
>>138821368
>>138821410
>dual
any other animus show the cracking of the egg on hot rice?
>>
>>138821225
>Universe is fine, but it fucks up the characterization hard.
This, so much. The girls just "love" Tenchi because he's a nice guy, or cute.
>>
>>138816377
I would ask her to be Doll 24/7
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.