[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knights of Sidonai / Blame! - General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

After just finishing Blame! and all related media,

I can safely say I have no idea if 'Blame!' is set either thousands of years before or after Knights of Sidonia.

Pick related is from the "Blame Gakuen! and so on" collection of one takes.

They do both have Toha Heavy Industries related to plot elements, but it never goes into detail on if KoS Toha Heavy is the remnants who left the megastructure prior to chaos, or if the Toha Structures from Blame! were created from remnants of Sidonia.

Pic related is from a 'Blame!' one take

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDA1bUkotIk
>>
>>138810327
>General
>>
>>138810560

Would the word "Thread" be any less redundant in that space?

I would have written "Tsutomu Nihei Thread"

But nobody would know who the fuck that is unless they were already familiar.

Doesn't grab attention of passers by unfamiliar with the topic of discussion.

And they are both series very much worthy of grabbing the attention of passers by.

Thanks for the bump.
>>
File: Sidonia no Kishi.jpg (86KB, 754x421px) Image search: [Google]
Sidonia no Kishi.jpg
86KB, 754x421px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVaxGqCN9k
>>
File: iko.jpg (5KB, 167x168px) Image search: [Google]
iko.jpg
5KB, 167x168px
But Nihei is fairly known name on /a/.
>>
File: Net Sphere Engineer.jpg (132KB, 728x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Net Sphere Engineer.jpg
132KB, 728x1079px
>>
File: Net Sphere Engineer 2.jpg (147KB, 728x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Net Sphere Engineer 2.jpg
147KB, 728x1078px
>>138811197
>>
>>138810327
blame story is almost non existent.even if you try to make sense out of blame universe you can't because nothing is explained
>>
>>138811312
It isn't very complex in that regard.
The original human megastructure creators dwell within the net sphere.

And they don't care about anything else because it doesn't effect them, so they leave the care of everything that can affect them to the authorities of the Governing agency and the Safeguard agency.

All humans encountered in Blame! are just remnants struggling to survive, held captive by the automata of the megastructure / Net Sphere, sharing their captivity with evolving modified humans who now identify as "Silicon Life".

Although it isn't stated in the series (because it is intentionally vague) it is implied that not all human life dwells within the megastructure, such as the humans from the "Zeb-noid" and "Sphingidae" one takes, who still exist in societies outside of the chaotic Megastructure.

I enjoy the grim reality that it was humanity that created the warped situation of "Blame!".

Realistically, if we were ever going to be destroyed as a species, we probably will do it to ourselves.
>>
>>138811312
Someone has a capped explanation for this I swear
>>
>>138810327
Nihei just likes using common elements in his stories. I can see why. It's a combination of fun homage and speculation fuel. Or, in some cases, it's a fun thing that you just want to re-use, like the GBE.

After all, why reinvent a futuristic BFG if you've already designed one?
>>
>>138811776
Pretty much the only thing i'm not certain on, in regards to Blame! is when the first arc takes place.

And I was especially confused after watching the series of shorts, when in the second last short, the previously unnamed girl says "I've met you before Killy, my name is Cibo"

Which lead me to believe the first arc is based post calamity, which then begs the question, 'who was the child?'

That's pretty much the only part that wasn't clean cut for me.

>>138811776
and heres a link to translated commentary at the end of "And so on"

it explains a bunch of shit.

http://www.randomisgod.com/blame/Artbook82.html
>>
File: eblame_gakuen_and_so_on_147.jpg (96KB, 728x1078px) Image search: [Google]
eblame_gakuen_and_so_on_147.jpg
96KB, 728x1078px
>>138812577
I was really taken aback when a unit of the Bio-mechs of the 8th United Planet Rescue Federation where referred to as "Red Sparrow Moths".
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.