[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the first half of Kill La Kill so good and the second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: tennis.gif (3MB, 345x188px) Image search: [Google]
tennis.gif
3MB, 345x188px
Why was the first half of Kill La Kill so good and the second half so shit?
>>
They lost their way
>>
>>138778631
Probably the same reason the first half of TTGL was so good, and the second half was so shit.
>>
Seemed the same to me.
>>
>>138778646
This is an underrated post.
>>
>>138778646

Literally this.

When writing the script Nakashima pretty much went ALIUMS and fuck it due to Imaishi's influence in the plot.

I applaud Nakashima's policy of no romance and no canon ships, though.
>>
>>138778654
Fuck you, 2nd half is great once they get off of Earth.

>Fighting the moon
>punching Rossiu
>Kittan
>>
>>138778646
fpbp
>>
>>138778777
Oh please anon, you could at least tell there was some coherence during almost all the first half even with the exaggerated and crazy elements.

Going all Ayylmao are evil as the reason of everything later was such a easy way that it wouldn't have been that bad if they bothered with the execution, but they didn't, so...
>>
None of it was good. Neither half was good.
>>
>>138778631
For me, they lost their way after the great twist with Satsuki and the sword. You know what I'm talking about.

After that, it became a generic series about fighting the big bad. Boooooring.
>>
>>138778631
its been a while but from what I remember, the first half was more interesting because of the archenemy dynamic satsuki and ryuko had, which was lost in the second season as mugatu became the main villain
>>
the part where Ryuko wears Junketsu was the best part of the second half

that should've just been the whole plot of the second half instead of just like one episode
>>
>>138778631
It tried too hard to be Gurren Lagann and failed.
>>
shark teeths is my waifu.
>>
in the 2nd half it started trying to take it self seriously why remaining extremely extravagant so pretty much just turned into like every other anime ever

mugatu going full incest lesbian mother for zero reason or context at random intervals also did nothing but lower my opinion of the series
>>
>>138779714
That's like the last episode
>>
>>138778631
The first half got that upbeat face-a-new foe feel that Musaigen failed to achieve

The second half decided that they pull the curtains to new subplots we could care less of. Ryuko not being a human was pointless, Ryuko being a bitch about it was utter shit. The "life fiber are actually aliens" plot just shows that they werent even trying anymore.

The only good thing about the second half was how Satsuki changed as a character.
>>
File: edgy OC.png (447KB, 1176x776px) Image search: [Google]
edgy OC.png
447KB, 1176x776px
>>138778631

first half was ironically edgy

second half was unironically edgy
>>
>>138781003
>spelling mistakes
>bad grammar
>no real life person in the hates

9.5/10

Real good. Just needs to be a bit more personnel.
>>
The whole thing was good. Saying otherwise is a bad opinion.
>>
>>138779676
>I applaud Nakashima's policy of no romance and no canon ships, though.
But boxing and tenis?
>>
File: Ragyo Wins Best End.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ragyo Wins Best End.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>138778631
Because it should have ended here
>>
>>138780832
>that spoiler text

Yep. Hell, just the aliens reveal was enough to leave me with apathy towards KLK. I skipped a bunch of episodes after that and just watched a stream of the finale with /a/.

I laughed hysterically when Ryuko became super Shadow The Hedgehog and even looked like she had chaos emerals around her.
>>
>>138778631
They were paying attention to fan feedback for the final couple of episodes and turned into an unholy mess of blatant pandering.
>>
File: jakuzure.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jakuzure.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
best girl coming through
>>
>>138781437
Nonon Thread?
>>
>>138781319

They are just associates that ended up working together. Personally, I think they look cute together though.
>>
>>138781395

If only they avoided to use aliens and space shit it would at least set KLK apart from TTGL on many thematic elements.

But no, they had to go with aliens and basically rip-off Kamen Rider Fourze ending.
>>
>>138778631
I actually remember enjoying the beginning and end, but having issues with the middle.

Not much of consequence happened during the Election arc, until Nui showed up at the end. It was then followed by the field trip arc, which was also a bit pointless. That stretch was just a bit too long with a bit too little happening, and I just stopped caring.
>>
>>138778631
But it had my favorite scene.
>>
>>138780594
Are you a homosexual?
>>
>>138781003
>pies
lol
>>
>>138778654
>>138778631
It's no big coincidence that any and all Aniplex productions take a dip in quality in the second half. Both Fate animes and A.Z are good examples. People say Angel Beats needed a second cour to be better, but with Aniplex in charge it may have dodged a bullet.
>>
Nakashima fucked up. He had nothing planned up and kept making shit up for the second half.
Nothing complicated. First half is full of fun ideas and references, second half is just those old shounen cliché without anything fresh. And of course, no plot.
>>
>>138778631
Because characters and themes set up in the first 6 episodes are completely recharacterized after episode 13 and thing that seemed important were never important

What happened to the pins and needles theme Nudist Beach had with their weapons?
why have the existing Devas take part in an election to add a new Deva?
What happened to the bullet?
What happened to the berserk mode we see Ryuuko and the Five Star succumb to?
Why bother to have Iori's arms crippled if he's going to be fine next time we see him?
How can Nui get life fiber arms when it's explicitly stated her body isn't compatible with life fibers? Wasn't that why she couldnt replace her eye?
What happened to those main threads that unravel the uniforms if you sever them?
What was the Godrobe that Tsumugu's sister wore?
Senketsu was the fake Godrobe Isshin made after running away with Ryuuko so why do they call Junketsu the imitation at the end of the series?
Why have a Junketsu final for hinted at in the third OP if only Senketsu gets the final form?
What happened to the whole "I'll crush your ideals" thing Ryuuko threatened for one after episode epilogue and then never mentioned again?

So many plot threads dropped. If the show had stayed on point and not dragged out the tournament and battlefield trip arcs it could have been so much better it hurts.
>>
>>138781003
>hatin' on the government
100/10
aww yuss
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.