[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

How can anyone dislike KyoAni?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 94

File: KyoAni.webm (2MB, 590x888px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KyoAni.webm
2MB, 590x888px
How can anyone dislike KyoAni?
>>
>>138736359

sameface.
>>
>>138736384
>same character designer
Funny, normally when I see people talking about studios that put clear sublte nuances into their character's appearances, KyoAni is normally the one used as an example.
>>
>>138736359
I acknowledge that they're the best.

And that's super cute.
>>
Phantom fucking world. I still watch it but they really slipped up. Could that show be any more bland?
>>
>>138736359
It's easy, they didn't produce a single good show in years.
>>
>>138736439
To you maybe.
>>
>>138736384
they dont have the same faces though. kyoani has 4 or 5 different lead artists that each have different styles.
>>
>>138736439
what's tamako love story?
>>
They had to add fanservice even on that short animation
>>
>>138736359
I don't hate them. I like them a whole lot. But they really need to stop with this "animating-their-own-mediocre-source" stuff. It holds them back a whole lot.
>>
>>138736460
A generic rom-com. Not to say I didn't like it, it just wasn't very good.
>>
>>138736466
What are you talking about?
>>
They just make me sad nowadays, knowing that they once made good shows and are now just purely in it for that sweet moet fanservice profit.

At least they ended their good period with that Haruhi movie, wish was a good way to conclude things, seeing as Kyon himself told the viewer to be patient for a long while at the end.
>>
>>138736475
Yeah, better animate generic LN/VNs like everyone else.
>>
>>138736359
Aren't they the only studio that has animation classes to teach new people on the industry, to produce their own workforce? Also being one of the only studios who treat their animators as humans?

Besides some lack of diversity on the art style, and the need to go a little more experimental, I must say that their shows look BEAUTIFUL.

But most of them are awful tho, never whatched more than 5 episodes of anything from them.

They just need better things to adapt.
>>
>>138736555
There's plenty of expertimental shit in Nichijou and Hyouka.
>>
>>138736555
Experimental how?
>>
>>138736500
That sexualized as fuck hamster. Are you blind?
>>
>>138736676
I think you might be zoophilic if you feel that the hamster is sexualized in any way
>>
>>138736738
It looks like she's slapping a tit until it pops its head up.
>>
Good animation and good environment to work with has nothing to do with Kyoani's SAMEFACE problem. Sameface is sameface.
>>
>>138736764
Please.
>>
>>138736810
Pretty much every show has a sameface problem. In KyoAni's case it is more noticeable since they use their in-house character designers and put extra effort in making background characters. Background characters of other studios are usually either faceless or non existant in SHAFT's case.
>>
File: 1452277447298.gif (879KB, 245x230px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452277447298.gif
879KB, 245x230px
>>138736764
>>
>>138736764
They've been putting yuri in every frame they can, this is no different.
>>
File: Hibi1.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hibi1.webm
1MB, 800x450px
KyoAni's subtle facial expressions are the best
>>
File: 5NiknkOn_400x400.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5NiknkOn_400x400.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>138736859
>Kikuchi Tae
>TAE KIKUchi
>>
>>138736859
Lucky Star had formless gray blobs for classmates and their best character designer worked on the show.
>>
>>138736359
They lost their way.
>>
>>138736933
I think my favorite in Hibike is when Shoe rejected Hazuki, you don't see her face just her eyelash but there's a pause for a second and then she blinks as if she's holding back her tears.
>>
>>138736971
That part was below the belt. Even worse than the jokes with Endo's ex-wife and Yamasaki getting slapped.
>>
>>138737014
This isn't the case with every other KyoAni show.
>>
>>138737014
Kadowaki is their best designer
>>
File: KyoAni.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KyoAni.webm
2MB, 800x450px
Is KyoAni the new Ghibli?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>138736359
Because they designed this super cutie and only used her for a commercial for the KyoAni shop. Also, they're commercials feel like they have far more character than almost any of their shows, so that also tells something about them. Still like them though.
>>
I generally like KyoAni. The character design is amazing but I use "character design" because it's the same with minor quirks everytime. Even the background characters are detailed and not blank faces, the issues is the sameface.

Also I wish they stopped adapting shitty LN material.
>>
Decent studio, worst fanbase in the entire animation world.
>>
>>138737091
Currently. Horiguchi is probably the single most important person in the history of moe so no one will ever come close to comparing.
>>
File: Nichi1.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nichi1.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>138736555
muh experimental
>>
>>138736384
>>
amagi is there only post hyouka show that was good imo
>>
>>138737118
Cute=/= more character
>>
>>138737350
You're absolutely right. My point still stands. That and the other commercials look far more interesting than Chuu2 or Musaigen for example.
>>
They need to stop adapting garbage.
>>
>>138736555
>the only studio that has animation classes
There's animation schools for that. If you go to work on a certain animation studio unprepared without animation knowledge whatsoever then you're just retarded.

>the only studios who treat their animators as humans
As if you care about the well-being of the animators while you never provided a cent for anime dvds. Name me one animator from that studio without looking it up on Google. You can't, can you. Thought so.
>>
Kyoani is getting a lot of shit for no real reason. Yeah, not everything they do are masterpieces but you can't expect everything to live up to Disappearance.

Hyouka was amazing. Tamako Market was decent but was followed up with Tamako Love Story which is the best thing they've done since Disappearance. Amagi was a lot of fun. Hibike is one of the best things they've ever done.
Phantom World is getting a lot of undeserved shit. I don't know what people expected but personally I'm enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>138737114
Those clouds are ugly af
>>
>>138737501
At least clouds change their shape at every moment and might end up becoming pretty, you're just gonna be ugly af forever.
>>
>>138737014
That show was when Kyoani still had face variation. FMP, Lucky Star, first season of Haruhi had difference styles.
>>
File: Hyoka1.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hyoka1.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>138737228
>>
>>138737453
>Kyoani is getting a lot of shit for no real reason.

Because you fans are obnoxious in the first place.
>>
>>138736384
>kyoani is going to sameface koe no kitachi
:v(
>>
I think the biggest problem is how they treat their animators. The greatest artists knew what it felt like to suffer. We don't want a polished corporate product made by salarymen. Anime needs to be drawn by people with poor nutrition and sleep deprivation in the solitude of their 1DK. Their passion needs to be tested. When they abandon part of themselves for the sake of anime, you can feel it. I can't feel it in any Kyoani show.
>>
>>138737611
KnK manga designs are pretty samefacey themselves.
>>
>>138737616
Yes because poorly paid animators do wonders.
>>
File: yuko 22.jpg (68KB, 535x683px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yuko 22.jpg
68KB, 535x683px
>>138737616
>>
File: 1450418161889.png (75KB, 400x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450418161889.png
75KB, 400x300px
>>138737567
>you're just gonna be ugly af forever.

What kind of pathetic insult is that? Calling anonymouses ugly? What do you think he's a girl?
>>
>>138737422
I think that school is more of a training facility for animators so they can get started in the KyoAni ways.

Kyokai no Kanata for example was partially made by "students" from their school. It's not the typical animation school where they teach you the basics, they probably just teach them their techniques and workflows
>>
>>138737595
Great scene.
>>
>>138737616
Right? That's what I've always thought as well. I mean, we should just stop paying them, and stop feeding them for that matter, so that they can work their hardest. Should just do that with every other employed worker like teachers, factory workers and garbage men. I mean, I just can't feel it when I see them picking up the trash or when they're working on the production, they just don't seem to have the passion for it anymore, without abandoning part of themselves. Maybe also work longer shifts and have them pay to work for me could also boost their inspiration.
>>
Everything is photo filtered backgrounds, bloom and HDR effects. They use bubble sparkle filters more than SHAFT uses text on a still shot.
>>
>>138737810
>Everything is photo filtered backgrounds, bloom and HDR effects.
[Citation needed]
>>
File: Visual-Direction.jpg (3MB, 5000x3840px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Visual-Direction.jpg
3MB, 5000x3840px
Phantom World has the best visual direction of the season, which is sad because it's arguably one of KyoAni's most mediocre shows in that department. Other studios need to step up.
>>
>>138737726
>Kyokai no Kanata for example was partially made by "students" from their school.
I'm gonna need a source for that claim. As far as I'm aware, their students will need to graduate first before being allowed to work on any studio project.
>>
>>138737867
Nah, Amagi is their weakest visually.
>>
>>138737889
Watch the credits, or just compare their staff here with something like Nichijou for example that had lots of KyoAni heavyweights working on it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15546
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12142
>>
>>138737453
I think Hyouka, Hibikek, Tamako Love Story, Nichijou, and K-On S2 are their best recent works and I don't care for Haruhi too much, not even the movie.
>>
>>138737860
>Needing proofs for visible filter effects on shots

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>138737931
Nigga, those new staff aren't students.
>>
>>138737946
>implying everything is excessively filtered
Nah, you go fuck yourself.
>>
>>138737810
>Everything is photo filtered backgrounds
Sauce?
>>
>>138737946
You tell me, you seems to know how to produce a background like that by only using a filtered photo.
>>
>>138737946
What's the problem with post production?
>>
I'm more curious as to why you guys get your panties in such a twist over Kyoani. They just make great looking shows, that's it.
>>
>>138737931
>Chiyoko Ueno
>Miku Kadowaki
>Nobuaki Maruki
>Shoko Ikeda
>Yukiko Horiguchi

>New people
>>
File: 1458149901098.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458149901098.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>138738077
They're the underdog studio that everyone loves but now since they've become mildly successful the haters are starting to come out. Hating on KyoAni back in 2009 was blasphemy but now seems to be the hip thing to do.
>>
>>138738106
It's a good thing, but it's not necessary.
>>
>>138736384
>>138736810
>>138736859
>>138737014
>sameface
More like I sameface your fucking ass

Fuck off back to /v/ you retarded cunts

Fucking ''LE MANIME HAS THE ORIGINAL FACES AND THE BEST ANIMES XD'' Fuck off
>>
File: 1457934624470.jpg (368KB, 853x1920px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457934624470.jpg
368KB, 853x1920px
Is Nichijou KyoAni's best work since Disappearance?
>>
>>138738140
And yet kyoanifags use that argument as if it's a big deal.
>>
>>138738184
Euphonium is their best work since Tamako Love Story.
>>
File: 1333558387959.jpg (245KB, 648x917px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1333558387959.jpg
245KB, 648x917px
>>138738077
>They just make great looking shows, that's it.
>that's it
>>
>>138738184
It's very well-made, but I couldn't get much of the ""humour"".
>>
>>138738159
You're the one who claim they plastered a filtered photo for their BG, prove it.
>>
>>138738217
Hibike isn't SOL anon.
>>
>>138738220
Well, KyoAni staff don't seem to have a problem leaving so I doubt that's an issue. It's fair to have someone working for the company for a few years after showing them the ropes, provided it's not under awful conditions.
>>
>>138736359
Because different people have different opinions? But yes, most people who totally dislike it are the "japan only do moeshit now" fags.
>>
>>138737114
Is this an advertisement?
>>
Kyoani fans are worse than SHAFT fans.
>>
>>138738253
I was in symphonic band and it was SoL for me
>>
>>138736359
It's only westerns , shounenshits, seinencunts, non slice of life watchers and /v/ermins who are. That's it.

Fuck them
>>
>>138738274
I mean, you can try to worm your way out of it but the burden of proof is on you. Where's the proof that they filter photographs?
>>
>>138738293
There's a whole bunch of them at the newly-formed Liden Films Kyoto studio. They're working on Kanojo no Neko. Also, other previous alumni include Gorou Sessha(did some great directing and animation work for Naruto, now freelance), Tomoe Aratani (illustration at Nintendo), and Yuusuke Matsuo (freelance animator).
>>
>>138738217
>That image
>made with such malice, arrogance and pretentiousness

Inhale cyanide you faggots.
>>
When will Kyoani make real yuri anime?
>>
>>138738253
It is, you get a glimpse into the life of a high school euphonium player and her day to day struggles with her club and classmates.
>>
>>138738389
When there's a profitable market for that.
>>
>>138738367
It still isn't a slice of life. It's a sports drama.
>>
>>138736359
That's cute!
>>
>>138738175
here's (you)r big gay reply for (you)r big gay post
4/10 bait
>>
>>138738358
SHAFT fans don't exist, only Madoka and Bakefans.
>>
>>138738369
Everyone uses filtered photographs these days, but it's not like it's the main type of bg art assets. Painted backgrounds are still around, be it traditionally or digitally painted.
>>
>>138738335
I guess it's just animation test away, the same what was free originally. But free got a series thanks to the shitty fanbase and the landwhales
>>
>>138738369
>Kyoanifag doesn't even know that his favourite show has been spammed with filters all over it.

Typical kyoanitard
>>
>>138738426
Excellent dodging skills.
>>
File: 1421192882487.png (226KB, 766x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1421192882487.png
226KB, 766x720px
>>138738416
Go and fucking hang yourself
>>
>>138738402
Love Live and Madoka are popular.
>>
>>138738473
Uh, I'm not the fag arguing with you earlier on. Should've clarified that. I just thought something was worth pointing out. I think it's silly to deride a studio for using digital tools available at their disposal, and KyoAni tends to get things right visually than most of the studios. Hell, I'd take all their fancy camera effects over garishly-coloured shit like One-Punch Man.
>>
>>138738489
Subtext =/= real yuri
People are content with just a subtext, nobody wants a yuri as the main genre.
>>
>>138738389
When they can no longer get away without animating a kissu.
>>
>>138736359
Cute as fuck

Also, people like to harp on Kyoani for adapting shit LNs, when the only notably bad ones they adapted were Chuu2, KnK and Phantom World (which were still pretty good, honestly. Thanks to their talented directors). That's 3 shows compared to 14 or so they've made.
Tamako and Free are originals, Hibike is a novel. And they are adapting Koe no Katachi soon.
>>
>>138738411
I'm confused what "slice of life" means to you.

I'm confused what "sports drama" means to you.
>>
>>138738542
They're more yuri than what KyoAni's done at least.
Also,
>Madoka
>subtext
>>
>>
>>138738217
>eupho
>SoL
Stop trying to redefine things.
>>
>>138738633
>slice of life
Shows where nothing happens.
>sports drama
Super Bowl.
>>
>>138738610
KyoAni conjurs its anim directly from the 2D salm. All of the studio is just a front for.their moe magics, as are news stories about them. It hasn't yet been discovered by the world, but I am privy to it because my dad works at KyoAni. Prove me wrong faggot.
>>
>>138738610
It doesn't work that way. You made the claim and it's on you to prove it.
>>
>>138738695
KyoAni conjures its anime directly from the 2D realm*
>>
>>138737114
No, but if that webm is any indication they copy Ghibli imagery in order to manufacture a public image as Ghibli's successor instead of you know, making good shit that stands out on its own.
>>
>>138738690
>Shows where nothing happens.
Does nothing happen in your life?
>>
>>138738659
>[Mazui]
This makes me sad.
>>
>>138737726
Their training facility is useless. The 'Kyoani ways' would only work inside Kyoani.

Look at Yamakan, for example. He trained there. And the moment he walks out of there he's a laughing stock. The same would apply to any other kyoani staffs.
>>
>>138738656
The LN adaptations are a drop in the bucket compared to their bigger, unrivaled catalogued of industry influencing shows.
Besides, they split from Kadakowa's like, 4 years ago? And they are already back to adapting novels and manga since they were profiting off these LNs.
>>
>>138738769
Yamakan got fired from KyoAni because he was shit. He's not a very good director regardless of his past with KyoAni.
>>
>>138736359
Still haven't animated Keit-Ai.
>>
>>138737114
>opposite of EYEBROWS
not sure how to feel about this
>>
>>138738769
Yamakan was already a joke during his last days at KyoAni.
>>
File: yamakan10.jpg (74KB, 430x525px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
yamakan10.jpg
74KB, 430x525px
>>138738769
>Look at Yamakan, for example. He trained there. And the moment he walks out of there he's a laughing stock.
That's not because he trained at KyoAni. That's because he's Yamakan.
>>
>>138738769
He's a laughing stock because of his attitude and tendency to sekuhara his coworkers.
>>
>>138738793
>because he was shit

And you know where he got his training. My point still stands.
>>
>>138738829
Your point doesn't stand because KyoAni has plenty of other directors that are good.
>>
>>138738769
>The same would apply to any other kyoani staffs.
Other ex-KyoAni staff have been doing fine with some of them climbing the industry ranks to take on directing or animation supervisor positions.
>>
>>138738861
>Other ex-KyoAni staff

Like?
>>
>>138738850
damage control
>>
File: no stop.png (195KB, 420x362px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no stop.png
195KB, 420x362px
I hate the eyes.
I don't follow studios explicitly and I can appreciate their styling most of the time but no matter the show, no matter the character designer, they just stand out and they're hideous. Probably something to do with their spacing as well.

They can do some fantastic stuff visually/techinically but that being the backdrop to the same shit every time is tiring. I feel like KyoAni gets the out for this so frequently because it's varying degrees of "wasted potential."
>>
File: okay.jpg (155KB, 935x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
okay.jpg
155KB, 935x720px
>>138738420
>No SZS
>No Arakawa
>No Salami-san
>>
>>138738892
>>138738372
>>
>>138738901
In the eyes of fujos everything not-fujo friendly is utter shit.
>>
>>138736933
Holy fuck, are there really people who try to say this show isn't gay?
>>
>>138738769
>the moment he walks out of there he's a laughing stock.
He didn't walk out, he was kicked out, and that's why he's a laughing stock.
>>
>>138738901
Free S2 was great.
>>
>>138736359
Because the TV shows they produce nowadays are all trash.

No cute animation short can make up for the garbage that are Kyoukai no Kanata, Chuubidubi, Gay Swimmers and the autism fest that is currently airing. Even the Jun Maeda Baseball KEY shit was better.
>>
>>138736458
>>138737233
The problem isn't faces amongst different shows, it's samefaces within one show.
>>
>>138736859
wow thats sad
>>
KyoAni is the most popular studio on /a/.
>>
>>138739005
>Chuubidubi
kek
>>
>>138738933
>There's a whole bunch of them at the newly-formed Liden Films Kyoto studio
>Liden Films

pfft
>>
File: implying.jpg (17KB, 174x122px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
implying.jpg
17KB, 174x122px
>>138738128
>kyo-ani
>underdog

I don't think you know what that word means.

Also maybe people disliking KyoAni now vs in 2009 is less representational of "whats hip" and more representational of the dipping quality of KyoAni's shows.
>>
>>138739093
The Kyoto studio is doing their own thing at the moment so they're free of the head office's nonsense for now.
>>
File: 1453662849034.webm (464KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453662849034.webm
464KB, 1280x720px
>>138739005
Shorts are what are truly saving the seasons now though. They've accepted that anime is now empty in story and creativity and have given up on large formats since they can no longer stand without plot, and chose to simply offer bite sized portions of moe or shallow comedy instead. Take Ooya-san, Marshmallow and Teekyuu for example. They all fare far better as four minute shows that any 24 minute anime right now.
>>
>>138736359
They've never made a single good anime.
>>
>>138739093
>cherry picking
I could probably do the same for your favorite animu, anon. There's bound to be some QUALITY within any studio's production; for example, a shit ton in Madoka Magica or perhaps even recent productions like DBS.
>>
File: 1412964065140.png (123KB, 522x326px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1412964065140.png
123KB, 522x326px
>>138736359
>Post some animation on twitter
>"aww how can anyone hate them?"
>>
File: kyoanus.jpg (105KB, 600x671px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kyoanus.jpg
105KB, 600x671px
>KyoAnus doesn't filter photographs
KEK
>>
>>138739112
KyoAni was an underdog back then, they went from working as a small Sunrise outsource studio to making like 6 hits in a row. They're not underdogs anymore but back then no one expected them to even become relevant.

And no, the haters are all shitting on KyoAni because it is hip. Their style and the type of shows they do hasn't changed one bit, they now adapt their own stuff instead of relying on Kadokawa and their animation quality has improved so much that even Disappearance looks like a run of the mill KyoAni show (in terms of visuals) compared to the works they do now. Hyoka and Hibike have as great direction as Clannad and Haruhi. AmaBuri has pretty much the same type of comedy as Fumoffu. There's absolutely no dip in quality in KyoAni shows.
>>
>>138739356
niceme.me
>>
>>138739356
I don't see it. Looks inspired, but not filtered-photograph worthy.
>>
>>138739289
>I could probably do the same for your favorite animu

Too bad that you'll never know them. At least i'm not vocal about its studio unlike you shitheads.
>>
>>138739356
You do know everybody does that, right? It's photo referencing. All studios do it, literally all of them.
>>
>>138739417
>hiding your power level
>on /a/
???
are you lost friend?
>>
>>138736460
shit
>>
>>138736359
Fake and gay.
>>
>>138739356
>painted background = filtered background
The desperation is real.
>>
>>138739356
That's obviously not a filtered or even traced photograph. You should get your eyes checked, mate.
>>
File: QAwg1Cw.jpg (70KB, 580x690px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
QAwg1Cw.jpg
70KB, 580x690px
>>138739565
Maybe you're not following your own argument, let me remind you.

You said all they do is use photo filters on photos, >>138739356 this isn't that, they're using it as reference, a thing all studios do, they go out there, take photos and use them as references for their backgrounds. That's a completely different thing than just filtering actual photos and using them as backgrounds. Do you understand your own argument now?
>>
>>138738184
>Is Nichijou KyoAni's best work since Disappearance?

There's a lot of experimental animation that KyoAni rarely does which fascinating but GOD the humor is a huge mixed bag
>>
File: 3925798236236.jpg (94KB, 409x468px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3925798236236.jpg
94KB, 409x468px
>>138739565
I'm sorry, anon, but I'm not the the guy you were previously talking to. But here, have more location reference pictures.
>>
>>138738542
>Subtext =/= real yuri
>People are content with just a subtext, nobody wants a yuri as the main genre.

You make it sound like if Madoka and Homura kissed on screen, the popularity of Madoka Magica will drop like a rock?
>>
>>138739368
>There's absolutely no dip in quality in KyoAni shows.
This. They were always making awful shows.
>>
Literally mediocrity: the animation.
They don't excel in anything.
6/10 character design
5/10 script
7/10 scene action
5/10 story pace

Admit it. Haruhi is just 7/10
>>
>>138738184
K-On!! Is literally the greatest anime ever made, and the K-On! movie is better than Disappearance. Not by much though.
>>
>>138739797
Tamako Love Story > K-On Movie > Disappearance > Mirai-hen
>>
>>138739830
Mugi isn't human.
>>
>>138739830
>not being able to bend your arms like that
Fatty detected
>>
File: ewoughweog.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ewoughweog.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
I just want to fuck Natsuki.
>>
Because no Haruhi S3
>>
>>138739797
>and the K-On! movie is better than Disappearance
I feel the opposite. Disappearance did a finer job in my opinion; but even then the differences between the two movies are similar to that of a just-sharpened pencil and a sharpened pencil that's been used once to write a period, which is not much.
>>
>>138739901
You'd have small hands too if you were a cute girl.
>>
>>138739725
You make it sound like if all those tragedy and magical fantasy element in there were removed and they make it as just a romance drama instead, it will stay as popular as now?
>>
>>138739864
Moving the goalposts again?
>>
File: 1456338301208.gif (358KB, 500x357px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456338301208.gif
358KB, 500x357px
>>138736676
>>
>>138736410
They characters look basically same in every show these days, though. There's very little variation in art style from show to show.
>>
>>138739997
It is. Referencing =/= photo filtering, how can you not understand this?
>>
>>138736859
One of the best things about Shaft is that they use character designs very close to the original works. No mater if it's Kumeta, Aoki Ume or Buriki, the designs look what they are supposed to.

>>138739368
>Their style and the type of shows they do hasn't changed one bit
They used to do about one series (sometimes a movie, as well) and they were adaptations of for wildly different sources. After Hyoka, they did 3-4 one cour shows (plus a movie for each of them) every year that were either adaptations of inbred manga & LN competition entries or original works. You can say anything about the quality, but saying they haven't changed is a big fat lie.

I'd say the biggest problem with Kyoani most people (who aren't mindless bandwagon haters) have is the fact that they went from doing carefully crafted top-notch works (often based on already popular source material) to seasonal bulk adaptations of their own forgettable IPs just in order to make money. I don't blame people who watch their series for the animation since there aren't other studios that are able to provide that, but their modern series aren't the stuff that is still remembered after ten or even five years.
>>
>>138736384
Eva had the same problem and its GOAT. Asuka is Shinji with long red hair
>>
>>138739965
I don't know why you're still replying. He's been damage controlling hard the entire time.
>>
File: 1430896112568.jpg (2MB, 3961x3160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430896112568.jpg
2MB, 3961x3160px
>>138736859
>>
>>138740066
Do you know what =/= means?
>>
File: 50314155_p0.jpg (203KB, 1037x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
50314155_p0.jpg
203KB, 1037x1200px
>>138739869
>>
>>138737114
I want this as a full featured show. Ditch the girl and follow the cat pilot's daily adventures.
>>
>>138740128
Leave him be, he's likely being oblivious to it on purpose.
>>
>>138740128
Just ignore him anon.
>>
>>138740194
>>138740178
Directed to you, not to the dumb guy.
>>
>>138739769
Here is your pity reply.

> Using numbers to evaluate.
Grow up before posting here.
>>
>>138740029

You think you have an argument but you really don't.

>They used to do about one series (sometimes a movie, as well) and they were adaptations of for wildly different sources.

Haruhi - 2 Seasons and a movie - SoL, comedy, supernatural
K-On - 2 Seasons and a movie - SoL, comedy
Clannad - 2 Seasons - SoL, drama
FMP - 2 Seasons - SoL, comedy, action

>about one series
>wildly different sources

Compare them to:

Chuu2 - 2 Seasons and a movie - SoL, comedy, drama
KnK 1 season and 3 movies - action, drama
Free - 2 Seasons and a movie - sports, drama SoL
Hibike - 2 Seasons and a movie - SoL, drama

They have been adapting series with roughly the same genres as back in the day.

>the fact that they went from doing carefully crafted top-notch works (often based on already popular source material) to seasonal bulk adaptations of their own forgettable IPs just in order to make money.

It would've been much easier to stay as Kadokawa's pet and do popular adaptations
>>
They are good at making scenes and landscapes, but they choices at what to animate suck ass. Maybe they pander too hard to fat shameless otaku with a boner for pure-like-idol girls who never kissed a single men in their lifes.
>>
>>138740254
I'm a new IP. That excuse won't work.

Final veredict: Photo filtering is not the same as referencing landmarks. Kyoani references landmarks, and you can notice so by the differences between the pictures and the shots in the anime. They don't photo filter.
>>
>>138740299
>Photo filtering is not the same as referencing landmarks. Kyoani references landmarks.
Okay.

>They don't photo filter.
Wrong.
>>
>>138740066
>photo filter meme
Name it.
>>
This thread is terrible.
>>
>>138740359
There's a diference between photo filtering AND filtering your hand-drawn landscapes. Kyoani does the latter.
>>
>>138740390
don't you mean terribly amazing
>>
>>138736359
Any anime is both the technical part and the story part, kyoani does well the technical part, but the story part sucks in most cases.

Is a nice cake that tastes awful.
>>
File: 34845.jpg (737KB, 385x5625px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
34845.jpg
737KB, 385x5625px
Using matte painting techniques isn't seen as cheap or hacky in the anime industry. Studios do it when on a tight budget or when they're short on time. Not everyone has the money to spend on hand painted backgrounds. This photo filter guy is acting like it's the worst thing a studio can do.

If he wants to complain and find faults in KyoAni works he should find a better argument because chances are his favorite studio does the same.
>>
>>138740390
Then don't bump it.
>>
>>138740186
>follow the cat pilot's daily adventures
>implying we won't get 6-7 episodes focusing only on side characters and final 2 episodes finishing the PLOT
>>
>>138740432
>chances are his favorite studio does the same

But i don't have any favorite studio. I just like to bash on people who does.
>>
>>138740492
Oh so you're more pathetic than I thought.
>>
>>138740492
What a faggot.
>>
>>138738106
>citation needed
I forgot the source, but the one who write it was from USA. She came to study at kyoAni school, and met Yamada. Then Yamada talked something about work hours which is about 9.00AM-17.00PM and women can't work more than 18.00PM, if they (women) went home at >17.00 PM, one of the men should bring them back home so they'll be safe. Also she said that kyoAni pays them monthly.
>>
>>138740492
How does it feel being a fence-sitting faggot?
>>
>>138740492
Kill yourself.
>>
>>138740537
https://twitter.com/cupkeika
I can't be arsed to search for her statements, but here's her Twitter account.
>>
File: 22900817.jpg (600KB, 900x750px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
22900817.jpg
600KB, 900x750px
>>138738542
>nobody wants a yuri as the main genre
Stop with this meme.
There was nothing subtext in Madoka

Oh, and Love Live already confirmed the gayness through the canon gay songs and a game so gay the west tried to censor it
>>
>>138740606
>being this flustered to the point of making a typo
Why don't you tell me?
>>
>>138740310
Well, whatever helps you sleep at night.

To start, you can't evaluate using numbers over a subjective matter. And in the other hand, Kyoani could be mediocre in some ways but, saying her "animation" is mediocre is just a plain moronic statement, when is known that's one of their strengths.

Also, the sameface is also a subjective matter. Personally I like their designs, and it doesn't really matter if they look similar to other shows they've made in the past.
>>
File: 1452761874663.jpg (46KB, 454x454px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452761874663.jpg
46KB, 454x454px
>>138739948
Wow, it's almost as if you are making it sound like if someone changed the genre of a show, it would totally alienate the original fanbase
>>
>>138737233
Who are those thick-eyebrowed Ikeda qts?
>>
>>138740427
>Any anime is both the technical part and the story part, kyoani does well the technical part, but the story part sucks in most cases.
Pretty much this. They really are at their best when doing others' successful IPs.
>>
>>138740276
>FMP
>Haruhi
>Chuu2
>Hibike
>SoL
That's just wrong, anon.
>It would've been much easier to stay as Kadokawa's pet and do popular adaptations
And make less money? Why would they do that?
>>
>>138740657
>her
I mean their.
>>
>>138740519
I don't latch onto a studio like life support so how am i the pathetic one?

>>138740532
Please teach me how to not be a faggot, namefag

>>138740543
Feeling like a patrician

>>138740545
But who else is gonna crush your hopes and dreams?
>>
>>138740689
It isn't. And there's less risk in relying on a publisher. As it is now KyoAni has to advertise and self-fund their shows, so if something flops, like Phantom, it will hit them much harder.
>>
>>138740276
What the fuck? Most of those aren't SOL.
>>
>>138740746
Maybe if you don't know what a slice of life actually stands for.
>>
>>138740537
>one of the men should bring them back home so they'll be safe
>then they'll have to go back for overtime.

Literally the cuckold's studio.
>>
>>138740721
>I don't latch onto a studio like life support so how am i the pathetic one?
But you pretty much make such a great effort in doing the contrary.
Look at these four autism-tier replies.
>>
>>138740746
No you don't understand, Kyon being pulled out of his mundane daily life and Sousuke throwing grenades is totally SOL.
>>
File: FMP-LeoSou.jpg (231KB, 1024x721px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FMP-LeoSou.jpg
231KB, 1024x721px
>>138740276
>FMP
>SoL
I bet you also think that harems are SoL
>>
>>138740863
You should look in the mirror while saying that.
>>
>>138740817
You don't seem to understand. I put in effort even on hating people. The difference between you and me here is that i cannot be hurt.
>>
I'm not going to reply to any particular poster, but it seems that people don't understand that SOL is a large umbrella term that can easily be shared with romance, drama, and even sci-fi and etc.
>>
>>138740730
>>138740784
Slice of Life shows the mundane aspects of life, polishes them up and make it relaxing. That's why Aria is a SoL, despite being on a completely different planet, involving a job that nobody here has experience with.

Chuu2 doesn't do this, its a romcom.
FMP is fucking mecha, with characters and people dying in it. No idea why you thought it was SoL. Fumoffu is just a comedy.
Haruhi is supernatural. There's nothing SoL about it except for the school setting.
Hibike is a character drama and focuses completely on the school band, not a SoL

The only SoLs Kyoani have made is K-On!, Tamako, and maybe Nichijou since it does have big SoL elements despite being a gag comedy.
>>
people think Kyoani and the say "good animation" but it's much more than that.

Yesterday watching Little Busters Refrain I couldn't stop thinking in how Kyoani would have done some tear-jerking moments.
The direction, the script, the little details, everything adds up for a better overall experience. Kyoani just knows how to do it properly, and their aim is always improving and trying new things.
>>
>>138740946
this anon gets it
>>
>>138740909
It isn't
SoL are Slice of LIFE. No romance, no action, and an optional drama. It's about living a mundane life.
Nothing else

A single SoL episode does not make it a SoL show.
>>
>>138740946
This anon gets it until Nichijou.
>>
>>138740946

Chuu2, Haruhi and Hibike have plenty of SoL elements, but even if you don't want to recognize them as SoL, KyoAni has made mostly dramas and comedies, your argument that old-KyoAni worked with much more diverse works if flat out wrong. Their essence is the same as when they make Fumoffu.
>>
>>138736460
The plot sucked and was forced.
>>
I like the way they draw feet
>>
>>138741015
Yeah, Nichijou is too absurd to be a SOL.
>>
>>138740946
>Chuu2 doesn't do this, its a romcom.
So if a SOL involves romance it no longer counts as a slice of life? Or perhaps you're saying the comedy part disqualifies it?
>Hibike is a character drama and focuses completely on the school band, not a SoL
"Character drama" is not a genre. There is plenty of SOL elements in the show, as anyone who played in an actual school band would like tell you.

Otherwise, I agree with you.
>>
>>138740934
> i cannot be hurt
Like I care if you can't be hurt or not. Your hateful lifestyle is enough punishment.
>>
>>138740617
From the tweets her job seems to be mostly being a promo girl. Not much animating.
>>
>>138741161
But anon, aren't you feeling hatred right now too?
>>
>>138741178
She was an intern at the studio, that event on twitter was from when she went back to help out and visit the studio. Her time at KyoAni is written on her blog but looks like it's private now.
>>
>>138740747
> yes, you actually can

Of course you can, but it doesn't mean anything to the people who likes the matter in question. An art expert could give a 10 to certain painting, and still be considered as shit by the rest of the people who don't understand the technicalities and eventually buy the thing or pay to see the exhibition.
If people like shit. It doesn't matter if it's unhealthy, you have to deal with it.

So your out-of-your-ass up to 10 scale it's bullshit.

> Nope, you could argue that until a certain point it is, but in this case it isn't.

Please kid. That's not even an argument

>>138741162
Sorry for your non-existent quote. And thank
>>
How did this argument even start, anyhow?
>>
>>138741201
Not in the slightest. Let me tell you that not everyone shares your bad habits.
>>
>>138741100
If the romance involves everyday mundane elements of said romance (like OreMono) then it can be SoL. Chuu2 barely has any of this, just like Tamako Love Story.

Character Dramas can be argued to be SoL, but personally I think they are too melodramatic and generally don't focus on everyday life in general. Hibike is all about character motivations tied to getting better at band and winning that gold. They don't have episodes entirely spent on shopping, working a job that isn't tied to music, and random Christmas episodes like K-On!
>>
>>138741301
>If the romance involves everyday mundane elements of said romance (like OreMono) then it can be SoL.
See friend, you've got it backwards. The SOL in Chuuni is sprinkled with elements of romance. Not the other way around.
>>
Studiofagging. How cute.
>>
>>138741286
> Where's the argument?
That's my question. Normally when you claim something you need to provide arguments to support that.
>>
File: 29847395_p0.jpg (247KB, 1039x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
29847395_p0.jpg
247KB, 1039x600px
How can anyone dislike Fuyumin?
>>
File: knk.jpg (459KB, 1997x1433px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
knk.jpg
459KB, 1997x1433px
I still think they have the best character designers. /fa/ approved.
>>
Their animation is usually great, but the stories are often bland and feel reiterative
>>
>>138741466
They can't be stopped!
>>
>>138736359
Didn't we all accepted already that Kyoani lost it's touch and kyoanifags are just pretending at this point?
>>
>>138741542
No, that was for Madhouse
>>
>>138741542
What do you mean?
Its accepted that Kyoani is still /a/'s favorite studio. There's just a lot of Kyoani envy and hate amongst crossboarders, who generally prefer madhouse or Gainax.
>>
>>138741541
>appeal to glove fetish
Is that one of those logical fallacies I hear so much about?
>>
File: 1456157105150.jpg (123KB, 566x758px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456157105150.jpg
123KB, 566x758px
>>138740674
This
>>
File: Nichijou.webm (1MB, 688x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nichijou.webm
1MB, 688x900px
>>
File: 1447107953835.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447107953835.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>138741606
>All that wrong in one post
>>
>>138736359
I don't dislike KyoAni so much as I question the material that they choose to adapt. Most of the shows they've made are adapted from crappy LNs with very unmemorable stories.
>>
>>138736359
They breed faggots who ruins my entitled image board experience.

Why wouldn't I hate them?
>>
Amaburi was one of their better shows, considering they have Hibikek and Phantom World on their track record.
Season 2 when?
>>
>>138736359
I don't hate them, they just produce the genre of my interest anymore, I liked their FMP.
>>
File: 04.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
04.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
>>138741616
Yes.
>>
>>138741461
It seems I'm talking with a mentally challenged person so let's recapitulate.

I said: Sameface is subjective.

You questioned it but since your argument was nowhere to be seen I asked for it before continue, and now you're dodging like a faggot.
>>
>>138741606
>Gainax.
What? Gainax is nearly dead. Most of the old fans are hyping Trigger now, whether Trigger deserve it or not. Modern Gainax is Gainax in-name-only now, with the only original member still there being a guy who became a high level executive and hadn't made any anime directly for years.
>>
>>138741639
>dat backward hand
Nichijou's author is so fucking bad
>>
File: 1417569838297.png (427KB, 719x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417569838297.png
427KB, 719x720px
>>138741667
In terms of quality, Hibikek is better, but Amaburi was a lot more entertaining than most of their shows lately.
S2 never
>>
>>138741646
We're talking about the majority here u cunt
>>
I'd never watch that gayfest called Free. It's the only Kyoani series I skipped.
>>
>>138736555
sauce?
>>
>>138741788
Skinnyfat homosexual spotted.
>>
>>138736359
>recording his screen instead of saving the gif
Nigga went full retard
>>
Excluding Munto, Kyoani has never made a bad show.
>>
>>138741788
>low test
>>
>>138741606
You really been living under a rock for the last 3 years?
Two words, Phantom World.
>>
File: 1453463568777.png (380KB, 846x637px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453463568777.png
380KB, 846x637px
>>138741877
>I really feel offended
>>
>>138741926
Phantom World didn't air 3 years ago
>>
File: cute.webm (1MB, 1780x2000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cute.webm
1MB, 1780x2000px
In only one episode, KyoAni managed to have the cutest facial expressions of the season, are other studios even trying?
>>
>>138740027
Yeah that's pretty much how things pan out with that kind of studios (see: Disney, Ghibli). I don't see how that's a criticism.
>>
File: 3.jpg (306KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.jpg
306KB, 1280x2160px
>>138742007
>>
I just want to see naoko yamada remake solaris.


Man that movie was comfy.
https://vimeo.com/21249231
>>
>>138742072
It's not wrong though. That's like saying that an artist shouldn't use the same style across different works.

There's nothing bad about a studio having an artistic identity.
>>
>>138740027
>>138742072
KyoAni has very similar styles between shows because they mostly use the same staff while other studios normally get freelancers, it's not that hard to understand. This is why Ghibli, Disney, Dreamworks titles share similarities in their art, they're the same people.
>>
File: 1457136941041.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457136941041.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>138742007
In only one episode of seven minutes Feel have beat the shit out of Kyoani.
>>
>>138742105
should be bottom top mid
>>
File: 1456338913930.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456338913930.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>138742162
P.A. Works too, it's Kyoani even trying anymore?
>>
>>138742007
Manage to do what? Satisfy your inner desire to fuck moe drawn kids?

Then i'm thankful that other studios 'aren't even trying'.
>>
>>138742204
Nice moral highground you set yourself in, tumblr.
>>
File: 1457562751420.png (799KB, 1045x1030px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457562751420.png
799KB, 1045x1030px
>>138742162
KyoAni is champ
>>
>>138742007
>/ss/ pegging on the bottom left.
>>
Can we get KyoAnus threads banned?
>>
>>138742220
it's time to stop
>>
>>138742136
>Yamada
>Solaris

Whatever is the connection between the two, you shit-eating namefag?
>>
File: 1457539291821.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457539291821.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>138742237
>>
>>138742257
Explain why is it not okay.
>>
>>138736359
The answer is very easy: they do not leave their comfort zone.
>>
>>138742252
Can we get studiohaters banned?
>>
>>138742247
>>138742105

There's already a doujin >>138737893
>>
>>138742201
I hope you don't think that terribly drawn/colored nonsense is above anything.
>>
File: 1413698967168.jpg (123KB, 565x575px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413698967168.jpg
123KB, 565x575px
>>138742230
Says the kid-fucking fat fuck thinking he just won an argument on the internet.
>>
>>138742300
>Working on and funding their own franchises is not leaving their comfort zone

Teach me more.
>>
File: 8b2cc278.jpg (221KB, 893x1148px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8b2cc278.jpg
221KB, 893x1148px
>>
>>138736359
everything they make is shit asides from animation. even Japan is starting to see it
>>
File: 1447471478279.jpg (66KB, 452x504px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447471478279.jpg
66KB, 452x504px
>>138737616
Real animators do it in the middle of a busy street wearing rags while starving and being afflicted with numerous diseases. It's how you get the good quality out of them.
>>
Kyoani series are the only ones I download from CoalGirls.
Can't wait for this latest series BD batch.
>>
File: 1448500298241.jpg (50KB, 499x333px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448500298241.jpg
50KB, 499x333px
>>138742304
>wahh mods please ban these kyoani haters
>>
File: 1370784196382.png (474KB, 825x795px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1370784196382.png
474KB, 825x795px
>>138742302
your reply was LITERALLY calling out damage control instead of actually addressing anything I said.
>>
File: instruments.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
instruments.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>138742300
They don't have a comfort zone.
>>
>>138742330
It's called having their own style, everyone has one. Writters, illustrators, animators. Are you going to tell Takeshi Honda for example to stop animation in his own patented style because it's all similar?
>>
File: 1456417221291.jpg (40KB, 402x376px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456417221291.jpg
40KB, 402x376px
>>138742316
Oh here it come the try hards.
Above anything on Phantom Shit yeah.
>>
>>138742304
Who said anything about hating KyoAnus?
These threads are shit and they're the same shit every time.
>>
File: 1403653704054.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1403653704054.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>138742201
Horrible designs, mediocre animation, and everything looks washed out.
>>
>>138742379
Haruchika has bad art and mediocre production values. Stop.
>>
>>138736359
>ass licker
nasty
>>
File: 1379146818518.jpg (452KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379146818518.jpg
452KB, 1280x720px
>>138742381
>This is how you do damage control.
>>
>>138742336
At this point the studio have no other choice to start milking their old hits, which is good, more FMP, more Haruhi, more K-on, maybe new Lucky Star
>>
>>138742438
FMP, Haruhi, and K-On are not theirs, even if they wanted to do more of that they can't.

KyoAni haters really are oblivious of the industry.
>>
>>138741877
I don't need to provide arguments to statements when isn't necessary. But since you questioned it (with no arguments), now that's different.

And yet, you're not telling me why you think isn't subjective.
For example, someone can say Haruhi's face is similar to Kousaka Reina face, but then I'll say it depends if the character designer was the same (which is the case) or which chapter, and which A.D was put in charge of that chapter; and even if it was the same person, there are subtle differences that makes them different (eye shape-color, hair, expressions)
But even if they are similar, at the end that's called: Style.
Kyoani has a style, that people like, and they don't have the necessity to change that character design style just because some faggots don't approve them. Their business model seems to work, they currently don't need big hits to finance themselves since they are adapting their own stuffs, and the cake isn't dividing into majoritarian committees, so again, they'll continue with the "same face" even when people try to make it look as a bad thing when actually is the contrary.

Now that's an argument kid.
>>
>>138742460
Here >>138742220 all you do is call out damage control. literally nothing else.
>>
File: 1446445904897.jpg (217KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446445904897.jpg
217KB, 1224x1445px
>>138742333
>This studio is making repetitive same shit everytime. They do not leave their comfort zone. How do we fix them?
>By making them fund and work on their repetitive same shit, while not leaving their comfort zone
>>
File: 1457580737146.jpg (395KB, 1920x2132px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457580737146.jpg
395KB, 1920x2132px
>>138742388
Way better designs than anything on Phantom World, but yeah, the animation is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>138742505
Different in what sense?
>>
File: 1454844884043.jpg (528KB, 1493x1349px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454844884043.jpg
528KB, 1493x1349px
>>138742007
>the cutest facial expressions of the season
>>
>>138742336
>everything they make is shit asides from animation.
>animation
>anime

kek.


Now proper response, kyoani panders.
But it works because of their execution.
It's part of the company strategy.

This has allow kyoani to have flexibility for their staff and their choice to adapt what they what.

It also created a prestige or hype surround the companies every next move.

Is it good the anime medium which lacks much need quality writers. Fuck no.

Is it good for themselves. Quite evidently yes.

With each new anime year cycle/era passing kyoani just keeps getting better "from a technical standpoint".
>>
>>138742512
I'm looking it from an economic perspective while you're doing it from an artistic one.

Economic-wise, they did leave their comfort zone, artistic wise I'd probably agree that they're still doing the same kind of shows they did when they started. I personally don't mind since if I wanted action, tragedy, experimental, suspense or surreal anime I have plenty of other studios to choose from.
>>
File: 1457897686578.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457897686578.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>138742528
>Way better designs than anything on Phantom World, but yeah, the animation is pretty mediocre.
Haruchika's ugly, botched designs don't hold a candle to Phantom World's designs.
>>
>>138742595
No, you need to explain yourself better because that argument is too generic. Define what you mean by different.
>>
>>138737595
Sauce?
>>
>>138742593
>boring sketch faces
>best anything
>>
>>138742617
no they are shit and they don't have a single decent writer
And what hype are you talking about? Nobody gives a shit about them in Japan, Phantom World is flopping, Free Movie underperformed, Velvet Evergarden their award winning LN FLOPPED HARD
Fuck off kyoanus
>>
File: 1455483845349.jpg (36KB, 500x537px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455483845349.jpg
36KB, 500x537px
>>138742593
It's still not too late for her to touch Cla-ring's ears, right?
>>
File: 1456365970144.jpg (131KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456365970144.jpg
131KB, 1024x768px
>>138742626
Still way better than what you just posted and again, anything else on that series.
>>
>>138742570
Then let me say it clearly for you worthless fag:
"Kyoani's characters don't have sameface."
See >>138737233

That's a style. And they're not the SAME, they're similar. That's a lot different. How similar? It depends in the person point of view, so is subjective.

I'm still waiting for your argument though.
>>
>>138742621
>I'm looking it from an economic perspective

Then why the fuck are you praising them for it? What, does the money they make from shows goes into your bank account too? Unless you're a jew who love seeing that kind of smart move, there's absolutely no benefit from praising their cunning in making more money.
>>
>>138742651
Samefaces is okay.
Making it like it's something wrong


Is like call out to Apple saying "hey all you products look the same, wahhhhh wahhhh give me something different wahhhhhhhh".

>>138742723
Oh you sound a bit butthurt, tell me your address I'll send some ointment free of charge.
>>
Kekkai Sensen sold three times better than Hibikek
>>
File: 1458129773497.png (673KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458129773497.png
673KB, 1280x720px
>>138742766
None of those are good and Chika especially is grotesque.
>>
>>138742820
>***,761位/***,713位 (***,957 pt) [*,**9予約] 2016/04/06 Phantom World
I'm not the one who's butthurt anon
>>
>>138742676
Don't dodge the question. KyoAni art style is very defined and they are consistent with it, but you seem want something different. Do you mean to develop an entirely different style? Or something different while still being truth to their own style? I gave you an example with Honda, everyone can tell something was made by him because he's consistent with it, Evangelion or Naruto it doesn't matter everyone can tell the scenes he worked on. Same with KyoAni, or SHAFT, everyone can tell which shows were made by them by just taking a glimpse at them.
>>
>>138742407
And? that changes what? Having less production values means it's worse?

KyoAni fags are retarded
>>
>>138742865
Try to get your head out of your ass before posting. At least post Mai instead of that shit.
>>
>>138736359
sometimes they make literal shit like euphonium
>>
>>138742626
You mean Hyouka/KnK and other shit designs? They even samefaced Sento into the anime.

Yeah Haruchika looks better than that, sorry.
>>
>>138742926
I want you to use your own words. What do you mean by this

>one thing is to have a style, other very different is being unable to make something different.

Different like what? Nichijou? Lucky Star? Hyouka? Those three are very different from K-On, Clannad or Haruhi but everyone can tell they were made by KyoAni.
>>
File: asukara.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
asukara.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
>>138742865
I really can't stand P. A. Works bug eyed artstyle and washed out palette.
>>
>>138736359
the main problem is their production value is too high but their source material value is shitty
>>
>>138742959
You mean Sento?

>>138743015
It's hilarious that you need to talk about 10 y/o shows anon, truly hilarious.
Current KyoAni has the same designs since Hyouka more or less.
>>
>>138743015
I tought we were talking about kyoani today, if you bring shows like lucky star, sure, they don't have the sameface problem, but that was long ago.
>>
>>138743015
>Nichijou
>Lucky Star
>Hyouka

More like Hyouka, Chunnibyo 1 and 2, Kyokai no Kanata, Free and it's sequels, Amagi, that band anime and Phantom Sales
>>
>>138742871
>Phantom World
Tokyo MX, TVA, ABC, BS11, AT-X
CR
Bilibili
todou
baidu
SEA Aniplus Asia
French streaming sites
animelv from Malaysia

http://www.someanithing.com/sales-faqguide


Yes Yes my butt it's leaking.

Yes kyoani is gonna crash. There no hope anymore. Kyoani didn't find the way.


See ya in five years when kyoani, will still be here.


>>138743042
No, production cost is about the same and lower. It's they take their time, have good management and do not take too many projects at once.
>>
>>138742374
Those are some intense light reflections.
>>
>>138743038
They toned it down for Kuromukuro but the designs are still uninspired and the girls look bland as usual.
>>
>>138743088
>>138743047
>>138743092

Still have not make it clear, still dodging the question. What do you want KyoAni to do differently?
>>
>>138743102
Who said anything abou KyoAni crashing? Are you retarded? Why are you defending yourself against things nobody said? Damage control?>>138743102
>>
>>138743102
Why do you list those tv services? What point are you trying to make? What is your butt leaking has got anything to do with this?
>>
>>138743144
>Still dodging
What? I just came here and I'm not dodging anything at all. Telling you that they have sameface is not dodging anything fucktard.
>What do you want KyoAni to do differently
The faces. Are you pretending to be retarded? It's on the first post
>>
>>138743144
>Literally the first post

>b-but ur dodging xD
>>
>>138743217
If you just came here read the fucking reply chain before making yourself look like a retard.
>>
>>138743266
You're the only retard here fucking fanboy.

I told you to stop listing Nichijo and Lucky star like they mean anything at all to current KyoAni. >>138743092

You're changing goalposts and trying to defend yourself with old shows when you know full well people are talking about the current status of the studio. Fuck off
>>
>>138743147
Sarcasm bro, kyoani is probably has the most stability among the other studios other than sunrise.

Pertaining to criticism of their work is just subjective and I don't care for much of other opinions. Like it or Hate it.

Kyoani is at the forefront. And the facility and resource talent is the envy to much of the industry.


Anime is not made for us in mind, it rarely is. So crying shitposting or making legitimate point won't change anything.

This thread is just like a circlejerk session.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-hUV9yhqgY
>>
File: adasdaade.png (84KB, 1666x898px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
adasdaade.png
84KB, 1666x898px
>>138743338
Read the entire reply chain. This is the right one. Most of his posts are deleted now. He was probably shitposting too much.
>>
>>138743266
Nigger you're trying to make it look as if Nichijo has anything to do with how the studio is now, you're the one acting like a retard.

Did you miss the last 5 years where KyoAni has released different shows with the same characters(with minor tweaks) over and over again?
>>
>>>138742899
>and try to make a good argument, not just "ur a faggot".

But that's the only non-subjective truth you mongoloid, so I can't stop mention it.

I gave you PLENTY of reasons why I consider the "same face" statement towards Kyoani is subjective. And as a subjective matter you can't deny or verify it. Personally, I don't consider Kyoani as a sameface studio in the slightest. And their expresion work is fantastic to the point that if their characters are somehow similar, they differ from each other due to that.

But by contrast, you've been claiming like a whore: sameface, sameface, sameface. And you're not even able to provide a single argument to support that.

It's subjective. And that's it. And "not until certain point". It's subjective. Period.
>>
>>138742907
When you have already bad designs and low production values that make said bad designs look even worse, yes.
>>
>>138743381
Exactly, you're the one changing goalposts and trying to defend yourself with old shows.
>>
>>138743381
It doesn't matter. It's on the first post
>Sameface

You asking what people want to be different after that is just being stupid.
>>
>>138743477
Sameface is just a meme. And memes are not arguments.
>>
>>138743405
>talking to the dead
Now that's an argument you can't lose.
>>
>>138743414
But Haruchika designs are miles better than Not!Sento and her gang m8. I mean if it was Sento i'd say it's really good but it's not her.
>>
>>138743512
Except sameface isn't just a meme, it's a thing, well unless you have no argument to go against it, in which case it's a convenient meme.
>>
>>138743534
Isn't my fault he was cancerous enough to be deleted before I finish write my post.
>>
>>138743512
>Sameface is just a meme

Oh so you're stupid.>>138743092

Yeah nah i'm done. You're totally right they don't have sameface because Konata doesn't look like Chitanda
>>
>>138743584
>20 minutes writing a post
Yeah, sure thing buddy, but hey, you won!
>>
>>138743577
It's a meme, face it.
>>
Looks like there was only one anti-KyoAni retard

>>138738106
>>138738159
>>138738220
>>138738274
>>138738293
>>138738310
>>138738610
>>138738656
>>138738850
>>138738901
>>138738925
>>138738984
>>138739000
>>138739241
>>138739269
>>138739565
>>138739830
>>138739864
>>138739901
>>138739913
>>138739946
>>138739975
>>138739997
>>138740066
>>138740091
>>138740178
>>138740254
>>138740310
>>138740347
>>138740418
>>138740448
>>138740574
>>138740606
>>138740709
>>138740747
>>138740863
>>138740909
>>138740931
>>138740970
>>138740991
>>138741014
>>138741077
>>138741095
>>138741162
>>138741238
>>138741286
>>138741320
>>138741461
>>138741646
>>138741877
>>138741917
>>138741980
>>138742072
>>138742220
>>138742257
>>138742302
>>138742330
>>138742381
>>138742460
>>138742570
>>138742651
>>138742676
>>138742714
>>138742899
>>138742926

Photo filters guy, Damage control guy, and Diferent art style guy were the same. I didn't know anti-KyoAnitards were this desperate.
>>
>>138743632
Just like KyoAni finds a way.
>>
>>138743632
>i-it's a meme
It's not, face it.
>>
>>138743538
There's nothing better about the designs. Nothing particularly interesting about them, just really dull designs with ugly eyes.
>>
>>138743643
>Looks like there was only one anti-KyoAni retard

Eh, are you reading the thread buddy?
>>
>>138736359
They sold their soul to the SoL devil to make money.
>>
>>138743618
> A whole hour to say nothing to the point your posts were considered a mere shitposting attempt and deleted as the shit they were.
Sure dude, I won.
>>
>>138743643
Haha what a fucking loser
Just goes to prove that KyoAni is the best studio out there and some butthurt faggots just can't take it. I guess having shit taste really sucks
>>
>>138736359
OMG, KyoAni is so damn amazing
OOOH!
>>
>>138743707
Who do you think you're talkin with?
>>
>>138743643
Or maybe mods are just deleting posts being reported by circlejerking faggots? deleting the posts with a high amount of reports? Like they always do? never thought about that? Yeah I know you didn't newfag.
It's fairly common
>>
File: 1422104703839.png (276KB, 734x660px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422104703839.png
276KB, 734x660px
Am I the only one who actually enjoys Phantom World as a series and not just because of the art direction?
>>
I just don't like the writing in most of Kyoani's shows. Either the characters themselves suck, or the things they care about, that the show wants me to care about, are incredibly unimportant or boring, and I don't sympathize, relate, or care at all about them. I don't have fun watching them, so much as I do looking at them, mostly. I feel like that's probably what most people are saying when they talk about "wasted potential" in deference to their works.
>>
>>138743770
Yes because they even managed to butcher the source material with their OCs and shit pacing.
>>
>>138743711
>replying to yourself
Just don't kid, let the shitposters get banned and move on.
>>
>>138743770
Yes.
>>
>>138743770
Later episodes have been great, maybe a bit too rushed. The plot really needs more time to breath but overall it's OK. Episodes 2 3, 5 and 6 were the worst, sadly those are the episodes everyone watched before dropping it or when deciding not to buy it.
>>
>>138738690
>Being a highschool dropout
>>
>>138743770
Its one of my favorite shows this season
>>
>>138743819
KyoAny only sells because of Moe and pretty hand animation anon, writing doesn't come with the package
>>
>>138743770
I didn't enjoy it at first. The first half sucked for the most part but it really came into its own, the episodes are better and the characters developed and now the PLOT is beginning.
>>
>>138739417
>Being this much of a coward on an anonymous image board

Holy shit anon
>>
>>138743760
Or maybe the mod just delete the posts that made by that same IP?
>>
>>138743835
You meant improving them?
Let's not pretend that you've ever read the source material.
>>
File: 1458199300748.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458199300748.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
>>138743770
I want to marry her.
>>
File: download (1).png (52KB, 765x1182px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download (1).png
52KB, 765x1182px
>>138743643
No anon. There's more than one. I'm >>138740721
Just because that one anon is lacking in his arguments doesn't mean you people have won. I will figuratively shit down your throat until you lose all hope on this studio. You better be ready, kyoanigger. I'm prepared.
>>
>>138744007
>Improving them
No? There's a lot of fillers and the pacing is glacial, they even dedicate entire episodes to their OCs which are fucking shit characters.

If you think it's been improved then you're just being a blind retarded fanboy.
>>
>>138743932
You're the fool for being this fanatical on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>138744112
Of course there wll be anime original episodes since they're just adapting one volume.
>>
>>138743967
Usually when you get banned all of your posts, starting from the post you where banned from get deleted, no matter which thread was the ban for.
>>
All of you guys are idiots yelling angrily at eachother and not actually getting anything done.

One side wants to spout feces about why Kyoani is bad without actually listening to the oppposite.

The other side wants to spout feces about why Kyoani is amazing without listening to the opposite.

Both are wrong. Why the hell does all argument on the internet break down into this?
>>
>>138744192
Shhh, it's a fucking containment thread you idiot, don't make them realize that.
>>
>>138744192
I don't see any capslock in here.
>>
>>138744217
it's not real love if you can't stand her poop
>>
File: 1447401499121.png (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447401499121.png
148KB, 500x500px
>All of kyoani's good shows and /a/'s favourite (FMP, Haruhi, Lucky Star, K-On, Amagi, Hyouka) belongs to other publishers
>Kyoani's shitty rock-bottom shows (Chuu, Tamako market, gay swimming, Kyokai no kanata, Phantom world) are their own

Being independent is great they said.
It's a good thing to not bend over to Kadokawa they said.
>>
>>138744264
welp. wrong thread.
>>
File: dera.jpg (62KB, 1045x584px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dera.jpg
62KB, 1045x584px
>>138744037
KyoAni's nailing it with these original designs.
>>
>>138744296
I surely remember Chuu2 being /a/'s favourite while Amagi isn't.
>>
>>138744296
>>138744379
>/a/
>agreeing on anything

yeah no.
>>
>>138744379
You remember wrong then
>>
>>138744192
>spout feces about why Kyoani is bad without actually listening to the oppposite.

But i do, anon. I listened to what the kyoanifags are about to say. But they're acting too defensive. Everytime i try to argue them about their favorite studio they go
>Their employees are high paid compared to other studios!
>But their working conditions are great!
>But their scheduling are excellent!
>They come and go home early!
>They're not like other studios!
>At least they're doing it for love!
>But muh kyoani shop!
>At least they train their own animators!
>At least they're rich from all the previous shows!
>At least they're located in Kyoto!
>At least they've got integrity!

They're like a broken record at this point. What can i do, anon? How do i convince them not to be disgusting fanatics that are embarrassing /a/ to the world?
>>
>>138744533
Chuu2 was huge here. The third of fourth episode specifically broke /a/ for a while.
>>
>>138744083
Good luck shitstain
>>
>>138744379
>muh rinka butt
>sister butt
>Mori summer butt
>butt butt

Meanwhile leaving sento and the fae fanservice asides people enjoy and talk about other characters in Amagi, the mascots and Kanye are a clear example.

Who was Chu2 MC again? What was his friend's name?

>>138744566
And then it became shit and nobody cared anymore.

I bet you can say the same about SnK by the way. Wasn't there a Akame ga Kill thread with like 2k posts or some black magic shit too.
>>
File: pantyhose.jpg (209KB, 1280x1326px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pantyhose.jpg
209KB, 1280x1326px
>>138744732
People love Sento though.
>>
>>138736359
Just how small are Kyoani haters dicks are that they feel the need to take their anger on an studio.

And knowing how their autistic brain works I am sure that the must be thinking that I am kyoanifag but I am not. I think their shows are ridiculously boring. But I don't expend hours trying to convince people to stop liking them instead I just DON'T WATCH THEIR SHOWS.

Studio drama is truly cancer. Is nothing but "stop liking what I don't like" Do you think they care if a bunch of gaijin beat each other for them? They don't give a fuck. And neither you should.

Some times people just like thing you don't. Grow some balls and deal with it.
>>
>>138744550
Are you implying KyoAni not treating their employees like shit, having excellent scheduling workflows, training their own animators, having integrity, having their own shop, and being economically stable are all bad things and we should hate them for that?
>>
>>138744841
Why should I care?
>>
>>138744816
fking savage
>>
>>138744841
It means that they're parroting the same argument as the 'safe word' in hopes that the haters would go away because deep inside they know they're losing.
>>
>>138744841
Stop talking to the shaftfag, they are not the same as us
>>
File: 1417574422637.png (178KB, 526x637px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417574422637.png
178KB, 526x637px
>>138744732
>people enjoy and talk about other characters in Amagi
Hah, I wish.
Everyone almost forgot about the mascots even though they're the best part of Amagi.
>>
>>138744816
Same argument can go with the people that defend kyoani, at least the ones that post in this thread, non of the sides is making a good argument, or any argument at all.
>>
>>138744816
>i'm not a kyoanifag

No, you are. Otherwise you wouldn't make that seemingly angry reply.
>>
>>138744934
Losing how? By people stating opinions? I don't mind if you don't like any of their shows but you can't deny their shit is above average in terms of quality.

Anti-KyoAni fags parrot the same arguments as well. Sameface, forced animation, safe zone, moeshit, etc.
>>
>>138744296
Tamako Market is one of my favorite anime, faggot
>>
>>138744966
The fairies are
>>
>>138744192
Shit is getting out of control. The other day I was in a thread that had nothing to do with Kyoani. And someone said something the VN adaptations and Clannad and that was enough to bring the "hurr durr kyoanus" shitposting. Funny because I never watched the show but apparently I am kyoanifag for knowing about the VN.
>>
>>138745707
Are you new?
>>
>>138745707
The anti KyoAni hate is reaching Naruto levels. Good thing there's roughly a 50/50 split between haters and fans so it evens out.
>>
>>138736359
I need porn of this short
>>
>>138745707
They also flip their shit if you ever say something good about the studio. Take me for example the only Kyoani show I know is Haruhi and I like it but that automatically makes a Kyoani fanboy
>>
>>138745707
The thing is most kyoani haters just want to trigger kyoanifags, which happens more often than not, and that's why it keeps happening.
>>
File: 1418503142262.jpg (35KB, 599x548px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418503142262.jpg
35KB, 599x548px
>>138745040
I know that their shit is above average quality. But that's not the problem here. The problem here is the kyoani fanbase just oozes arrogance and elitism that at this point they're just asking other fanbases to pick a fight. For example, the term 'kyoani finds a way' and 'are other anime studios even trying' are created by kyoani fans. How does that not sound provoking to other anonymous? /a/ is just too uncomfortable seeing other people on their high horses.

This issue doesn't have to be because of the studio. Replace kyoani with any studio like, madhouse and /a/ will react just the same with madhouse fans.
>>
>>138737867
A bit late, but in terms of visual direction only the cat episode stood out for me.
>>
I wonder if there are studiofags in Japan who have the same arguments as us.
>>
>>138736359
Because they don't make good anime. Is that hard for you to understand?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy1qSAItz88

Why is she only a commercial, it's not fair. She even has that sultry, deep voice ;_;
>>
>>138737867
A few episodes I thought had nice storyboards but on the whole I prefer Rakugo, definitely.
>>
>>138737616
To really get them to ve inspired, we really should stop giving them tools to work and have them draw tge frames by hand with thier blood on discarded food wrappings. This is really the only way to get them to show their true skill
>>
>>138745933
Oh so because they are retard you guys have to prove them wrong by being even bigger retards. Yes that makes sense shitposter-kun
>>
>>138746068
Maybe I'm just desensitized, but I don't like her voice at all. PW Reina is the same although I got used to her voice.
>>
File: 1456854412899.png (686KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1456854412899.png
686KB, 1366x768px
>>138743741
>OMG
Are you even aware that these three letter are the very reason why you keep getting banned? Now fuck off, yurifag.
>>
>>138746104
I don't get it, are you trying to defend kyoani fans or haters?
>>
>2016
>still no new Haruhi
>>
File: 1424202284195.jpg (15KB, 190x195px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424202284195.jpg
15KB, 190x195px
It just boggles my mind how they can deliver quality upon quality every season with no slip ups.

They're such a well respected brand and they never let it slip not once, Sure shows MIGHT be bad but the quality is always there.

I hope all of them have a blessed life for giving us Hyouka and Euphonium.
>>