[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus Christ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: angel egg.jpg (45KB, 633x364px) Image search: [Google]
angel egg.jpg
45KB, 633x364px
Jesus Christ
>>
What about the movie?
Did you like it?
It felt really creepy to me for some reason.
What did you mean by
>Jesus Christ
OP?
>>
I'm not scared to die, I'm a little bit scared of what comes after
>>
>>138462325
It's just fear of the unknown anon. Perfectly fine, we don't know if there's an afterlife, or reincarnation, but we can assume it's just a void.
>>
File: 32452345435.jpg (53KB, 350x318px) Image search: [Google]
32452345435.jpg
53KB, 350x318px
>>138462394
>tfw no one gets your epic reference
>>
>>138462303
I was in shock after watching it. I'll let it sink in for a while but for now I think it's one of the best films I've ever seen.
>>
>wandering sword guy is an artist
>egg is a symbol of absolute
>girl is errrr a something poetry beauty I don't fucking know she loves vials and the egg
>fishermen are other artists
>they endlessly try to harpoon shadows
>artistic perfection can never be attained
>sword guy breaks the egg trying to reach the absolute
>he just fucked it up because it's too delicate for humans eyes
>all the artist can do is represent his failed attempts at catching glimpses of perfection
>big monument at the end coming out of water represents humanity's account of artistic exploration
>oshii likes Hegel and Plato
>>
>>138462851
>sword guy is Jesus/Cain(see - the mark he's hiding on his hand and being an outcast)
>egg is a red herring
>the girl is Noah's Ark
>fishermen are what's left of the dead world
>fish are the shadowed memories of that world itself
>the bird in Noah's Ark is an angel
>the tree(s) are the tree of life in Judaism
>the Eggs are the primordial seed of life
>and finally the sphere is I don't fucking know
>>
>>138462959
Mostly what i thought, but i think the egg has something to do about life, longing, not being able to let go. For some reason i linked it with something like a miscarriage since it possesses all of what i've mentioned.

>>138462851
That makes a lot of sense, but what's with the judeo-christian influence? It has to have something to do with existential dread.
>>
>>138462959
>>138463097
Mamoru was(is?) a Christian so the Judeo-Christian themes show up in every one of his films. In this one take not only take front seat, they're fucking driving.

2bh, I think this is better than EoE. Objectively
>>
>>138462959
Cain would be more accurate than Jesus for a guy carrying a sword. A world dying because of sin would be devoid of God's presence. Plus if you follow that logic cain has no respect for life at all so he has no problem breaking the egg. And by the girl being Noah's Ark do you mean she is the embodiment of hope and renewal ?

>>138463097
>what's with the judeo-christian influence?

I did not really think about it honestly, I always assumed than japanese creator put those references in their work because it looked exotic from their point of view just as we view shintoism and buddhism.
>>
>>138463320
>why cain
betrayal
mark on hand
seems like an outcast
forgot who he is and who where he's from

>jesus
that looks like a cross
sacrifice of the innocent(girl and egg)
wanderer
has knowledge of the Bible that comes after Cain(the flood)

He could also be a Judas-like figure, if you interpret Judas as an agent of Christ and not just a betrayer
>>
>>138463254
Well, EoE is a magnificent show of Anno's personal expression, but Angel's Egg is miles ahead in layers and subtlety (which is why i have to admit i still don't get it completely).
Whereas EoE has a specific mix of being completely blunt (to the point most people are turned off by it) and having lots of visible subtext.
>>138463320
Also Eva in general uses judeo-christian symbols to look exotic, but to some extent to reinforce it's themes of the uncertainty people face in life delegating their fears and hopes to a higher power (destiny, rei, god)
>>
to everyone in the thread:

It's generally agreed upon that this film is largely about Oshii's departure from faithful Christianity. There is obviously more to it, but that is really the basis that most thought on the movie should utilize.
>>
>>138463696
>the film is about some arbitrary concept that isn't at all displayed within it

No.
>>
>>138463915
Anon, Oshii has done interviews saying specifically that the movie was about his experience of losing faith.
>>
File: prove it russia.png (37KB, 944x948px) Image search: [Google]
prove it russia.png
37KB, 944x948px
>>138464009
>>
>>138463696
>>138463915
>>138464009
creators themselves don't really care about what they conveyed. They're curious about those unconscious elements we interpret. Not anything goes for sure but it's always interesting to discover how much can be said from a piece of art.
>>
>>138464236
google.com
>>
>>138464330
>creators themselves don't really care about what they conveyed.
How the hell do you know what creators care about?
>>
people actually thought angel egg was a good watch?
>>
>>138464330
I'm not saying to forfeit death of the author; I'm moreover saying that a true Derridean deconstruction of something like this would take hundreds of pages. It's easier to see the extents of the work from perspectives A, B and C than it is to look into an endless pit to find its bottom.
>>
>>138463915
>that isn't at all displayed within it

The movie is like 90% religious symbolism.
>>
>>138462441
Brand New fucking sucks. Get some better taste, fag.
>>
>>138464466
I hate fags that use 10$ words just to seem fancy.
>>
I got nothing to say cos the movie was too deep for me
lol
>>
>>138466409
that's the spirit
>>
>>138460859
>Jesus Christ
Anon this is a japanese imageboard please keep your superstitions to yourself
>>
>>138467566
Sorry

Hory Amaterasu
>>
>>138466409
The opposite of /tv/
>>
>>138464928
Boy you must be one uneducated faggot if you think those were 10$ words.
>>
>>138464928
>>138469522
The fuck is a 10$ word?
>>
>>138462848
Yup, I feel the same. One of the few 10/10 animated films for me.
>>
>>138464393
To me besides End of Evangelion it was the most engaging movie I've ever seen.
>>
>>138460859
Satan Lucifer.
>>
>>138462441
WE'VE ALL GOT WOOD AND NAILS
>>
>>138464928
pretty much every word in my post there was necessary to convey the point

or as you say in Common

"Me comm simp idea"
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.