[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spice and Wolf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: spice-and-wolf-4.jpg (318KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
spice-and-wolf-4.jpg
318KB, 800x570px
>season 2 was almost 7 years ago

Will the suffering ever end?
>>
anime is just ads for ln/manga
>>
>>138028398
not when the anime gets more popular than the novel it adapts
>>
>>138028318
Does the plot even go anywhere? Or do they just pussy out on the deal at the end of second season, go do more Jewery, and like have a kid or something?
>>
>>138031168
I've heard that the events leading to the ending and the ending itselfwas very nicely done. I haven't read it myself (yet)
>>
>>138028398
Explain original anime
>>
File: 6a932c784a37a6c4a9e435c6806f5376.jpg (493KB, 1920x1099px) Image search: [Google]
6a932c784a37a6c4a9e435c6806f5376.jpg
493KB, 1920x1099px
>garage kit painting better than original
Kill me.
>>
>tfw dick edit anon doesn't post new content
>>
>>138033916
something about the face is off
>>
I think apart from the final stretch, the rest of the story is pretty shit anyway.
>>
>>138034190
It's the eyes, they aren't her eyes at all.
Though I like how it makes her look.
>>
File: MQYyYTg.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MQYyYTg.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>138034233
I like flustered Holo more
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
We need a Season 3

The only thing worth noting about the LNs is that the translated version of the final volume (17) is being released in April, but if they were to make an adaptation of that, then they would have made an announcement.

Damn shame. I would love to see the ending animated
>>
>>138028318

Here. Let me end your suffering: They will never make a third season. Ever. There, now you don't have to suffer anymore. Doesn't that feel better?

>>138031168
>>138032729

I've read books 1-13. The books after book 5 are so awful I almost can't believe they are written by the same person. I read them, hoping they would eventually get better, but gave up at book 13. If you've watched the anime, the only book worth reading is book 4, which the anime skips.
>>
>>138032761
Ads for blueray DVDs and figurines. Also, notice how little original anime there is now. It's mostly adaptions.
>>
File: 1.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>138034353
I just don't understand why did they bother to make a second season if they didn't want to continue anyway.

The ending of the first season is a hundred times less of a cliffhanger than the second one's.

Also I cannot imagine that the anime was not profitable on the long run.
>>
>>138034625
They made the second season to help advertise the LN, which was still ongoing at the time.
>>
>>138034698
and why not make a third? the LN only ended in what, 2011?
>>
>>138034498
>same person raging over the books in every thing
Don't you get tired, or is it automated at this point?
>>
>>138034838
Have you read them?
>>
>>138034954
All of em'. While the quality isn't of particular greatness in the latter LN's, it's still quite good in terms of Light Novel quality.
>>
>>138035030
I didn't like them. I didn't like that they added another character (Colin? whatever his name was) to tag along with Korbo and Laurence. I didn't like that they retconed Eve from being this lonely trader who had no one she could rely on or trust and was desperate for money, to being like, the most influential woman in some trading city and everyone wants influence with her, and Laurence is special because he knows her.

Several of the books just seemed pointless or lacked any sort of climax (book 6, or the one where Laurance buys a store, for example). The side stories were all kind of terrible. Oh, was it Nora's dream to become a seamstress throughout all of book 2? Well, she becomes a nun instead. A third of a book is Laurence decideing to go to a glade and then changing his mind.
>>
>>138034625
We would need 6 more seasons to catch up to the LN
>>
>>138036033
If I were them I would adapt the manga instead at this point. It cuts out a lot of the bullshit and adapting mangas is a lot easier since it's practically like already having a storyboard.
>>
>>138036033
>This

Lets be realistic. Nobody would continue an anime that wasn't shonenshit. Not fors this many seasons.
>>
>>138035817
>Korbo
I mean, if you want me to ignore your opinion, just say so.
>>
>>138028318
Leonardo Dicaprio wins the Oscar and announcement of Spice and Wolf season 3
>>
>>138031168
>Or do they just pussy out on the deal at the end of second season, go do more Jewery, and like have a kid or something?
Pretty much, except they met the kid when they were traveling and kept him around to have an excuse to not take their relationship to the next level until the novel 15th or something when Holo admits she wants the D.
>>
>>138039394
Cole was a mistake. The only reason I can possibly think of to justify his existence is that the author wanted to milk the series for all it's worth by delaying their relationship.
>>
>>138039090
If that were to happen, you autists would claim it's not anime.
>>
>>138034555
wow neat
>>
File: DSC_8151.jpg (589KB, 2286x1289px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8151.jpg
589KB, 2286x1289px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-09/spice-and-wolf-light-novel-series-gets-sequel-on-10th-anniversary/.98489
>>
>>138039829
I agree, I didn't have anything against his character but he overstayed his welcome.
>>
Almost all the novels are officially translated. It took 7 years but they did it.
>>
>>138039967
I don't understand, why are there pantsu in that picture?
>>
So I'm at book 7. Can I just skip to 15 and continue from there?
>>
>>138040610

We're all little girls inside
>>
>>138040919
I read Spice and Wolf a while ago so my memories of it are a little rusty, but the 14th novel contains important romance stuff, so I don't think you want to miss that one and some things in previous books are important so you should at least read a summary of those.
>>
>>138041362
That's not little girl pantsu.
>>
>>138042360
well on the outside we're all large sassy independent womyn
>>
>>138035817
>>138039394
>>138039829

Maybe it's best the anime ended if that's all that awaited me in the story. Would it have been that hard to just pulled a straightforward, sweet, endearing relationship between the two? Why cockblock your readers like that?

Oh wait, I know why. It's because even when nips make a halfway decent story, they feel the need to ruin it just to passive aggressively punish others to compensate for their own inadequacy.
>>
>>138042966
From my recollection, anons are exaggerating. It's been a little while since I read that section of the series, but my take away from it was that, after the fifth novel, where the anime is, Lawrence and Holo stopped fucking around with each other. There was still teasing, but that's just how their relationship was.

They weren't boning every night, but the will they won't they nonsense and drama of the first 5 novels was resolved. But because they hadn't actually reached her home village yet, Holo couldn't settle down.

Cole was there as an adopted child character. Someone for Lawrence to impress and Holo to dote on. He no more stood in the way of their relationship than any child of a family does.

I won't say all the books were great or anything. A few are much more self contained and don't necessarily move the "plot" any further. They exist primarily for Lawrence and Holo's relationship to deal with other stuff besides themselves or her pending homecoming. I suppose the author had set that as his end game, and felt all the story would have to take place before it. The series easily could've had it as a mid way point and then Lawrence and Holo actually being a family be the second half, until Lawrence passes away or something.

The narwhal being captured and fucking up the plots in the port city was a fun story, though. Which one was that? 8 and 9?
>>
>>138039090
Now we just have to wait for the announcement of season 3
>>
>>138043613
8 and 9.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.