[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ubel Blatt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: ubel-blatt-4678147[1].jpg (254KB, 1200x871px) Image search: [Google]
ubel-blatt-4678147[1].jpg
254KB, 1200x871px
Discovered this manga today, courtesy of a one-page recommendation thread. Wasted the entire day and most of the following morning reading it, when I had work to be getting on with.

It scratched a Berserk itch that I didn't know was still there. It's like Guts ate Puck to survive being sacrificed, getting a fairy body in the process. Sure, the art (and the world and characters) can't measure up, but a parched man cannot scorn dirty water.

I'm now fully caught up, but the release schedule seems to be about once every two months.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
File: 1451748416309.png (232KB, 501x450px) Image search: [Google]
1451748416309.png
232KB, 501x450px
Thanks for the shill thread bro, will read this.
Read Dorohedoro or Shut Hell I guess
>>
File: ubel-blatt-4486105[1].jpg (322KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
ubel-blatt-4486105[1].jpg
322KB, 1200x872px
>>137459205
Well, I admit I dropped Dorohedoro when the gasmask guy with the intestine-gasmasktube-tentacles was going around eating everyone, because I sort of lost track of what the fuck was going on. I'll wait until it finishes.

I haven't read Shut Hell. I should probably get around to that, if it's any good.
>>
>>137459205
>Dorohedoro
I second that.
Or if you want something that isn't black comedy and more edgy shit, wolfsmund.
>>
>>137458986
Spoiler alert, I guess

Aren't Ascheriit and any of Glenn's underlings essentially the same? I still don't get why Ascheriit 's fusion ended up relatively perfect in comparison to what happens to everyone else.
>>
Übell Blatt is so fucking bad. Especially since Glenn came back.
Comparing it to Berserk is a joke.
>>
>>137458986
Berserk thread? Berserk thread.
>>
>>137459487
If I had to guess, I'd say it's because Asch's transformation took twenty years and involved fusing with a fairy who was maybe willing to fuse with him, and definitely synergized with his spirit.

While Glenn's just handing out quick-fix demon potions to whoever, which take effect in moments and are powered by really shady technology probably derived from all the shit the first killed Hero was researching
>>
>>137459556
Glenn coming back was when it jumped the shark. It was still readable before.

Artist needs to get into hentai magazines. Instead of half-baked stories.
>>
>>137458986
I read like a single chapter of this shit and didn't like it, I was expecting something more maturely written, shouldn't judged based on a single chapter, but fuck it I like to judge a book by its cover and didn't like it.
>>
>>137460465
Agreed, killed him off the wrong way just to resurrect him.
But what's even worst is hiding the Wiesracht influences, since it just feels like the Dragon subplot in Claymore, where they never fucking appear.
>>
>>137462498
The first chapter is legitimately shit
>>
>one-page recommendation thread

/a/ will be /v/ by the end of this year
>>
Ubel blatt was best when Koinzell was edgy and NTR fingerbanging lolis.
>>
>>137467608
Ah yes, we don't have one page recommendation threads already
>>
>>137467747
Yeah, soon as I realized it'd been forever since I last saw a pair of tits or a loli getting fingered I was pretty much like 'fuck this, I'm out'. Does that flatchested tomboy he pulled an Alucard & Seras on ever end up getting the D? She was pretty sexy from what I remember, be a real shame if that ass went untapped.
>>
>>137467909
All Seras got was healing her body via licking. Right now he has a harem he wont fuck
>super loli elf
>loli apprentice
>GILF sword instructor
>royal electorate princess
>macho octopus man (has a maiden's heart)

Back when he /ss/'d that cake smuggler so hard she forgot about her childhood love I had high hopes for the series, but it ended up becoming so shouneny and moralfag.
>>
File: 025.png (800KB, 1938x1400px) Image search: [Google]
025.png
800KB, 1938x1400px
>>137468129
Worst part is that now the villain, Glenn, is having sex like every time he appears. Can nips really not identify with, or feel sympathy for somebody who has sex?
>>
File: 1307224581866.jpg (73KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1307224581866.jpg
73KB, 960x720px
>>137468129
>harem he wont fuck
No other four words can irritate and frustrate me more in this moment. The sheer amount of this shit that exists is beyond unjust, especially when we're talking about a ridiculously juvenile edgefest that only has fanservice and sheer moronic gratuity going for it. I mean, if you're gonna go for it then fucking go for it, don't pussy out when you've got a prime opportunity to be doing stuff like doling out hot dickings left and fucking right like Jared at a slumber party.
>>
>>137468129
This series isn't exactly great as it is, but I'll never understand faggots who actually think really early Koinzell was a good protagonist. He was just a boring edgy badass who fingerfucked random girls, that's much more anonying to read than a moralfag in my book.
>>
>>137468399
Giant orgies are often seen as degenerate. This is not Japan-exclusive. Stop trying to make everything about how wacky Japanese culture and otaku are, especially in a series where the MC has already had sex.
>>
>>137468533
And that would be your opinion. For a story, and I do use that term very loosely, like this one a teenager's atheist badass fantasy self-insert is the only way to make something like this remotely entertaining enough to read. But it seems as time goes on the author is trying to have him be a badass and a moralfag at the same time and failing miserably at both.
>>
>>137468533
>that's much more anonying to read than a moralfag in my book.

Is your book titled: "My Taste is Shit"?

Koinzell's back story was gritty shit about his mutilated body craving life so bad he chewed apart an alive fairy. Shit was some cool dark fantasy like you'd find in the 80s. Fingerfucking and edge is what the genre is for. You don't read it for the story, it's like a ballad or an epic.

Koinzell was a better character when he had his sex drive because it really painted him as a more believable person. Somebody that is angry at the world and no longer cares for those around him. Hellbent on revenge and that manifested within his sexuality. It's hard to describe it but his sexcapades really added depth to him.
>>
>>137468608
>hero has a lot of sex in the beginning
>over the course of the manga stops fucking
>all the fucking starts being done by the villains
>all depictions of sex are shown negatively and as a sign of evil

Stop deluding yourself. Japan's otaku consumer do not want to see their protagonists getting laid when they can't. Nobody said shit about Japanese culture. It's otaku culture.
>>
>>137468676
Okay, you I can accept. If edge makes a mediocre story more entertaining for you, that's one thing.

>>137468758
You just have absolute garbage taste. "It's hard to describe it but his sexcapades really added depth to him." Really? You not only think anyone in this shit ever had depth, but that that depth came from banging random sluts?
>>
>>137468876
I didn't say the character were deep, but removing basic sexual impulses and urges from a human being inherently removes depth.
Why don't you stop reading this stuff if you hate "edge"? It's like you picked up a shoujo manga and were like "RRRR Rwhy is there ROMANCE int this!!!"
>>
>>137469003
> Why don't you stop reading this stuff if you hate "edge"?
Because, as you've been complaining about, it got less retarded with the edge pretty quickly. I'm not the one complaining right now. Before the whole Glenn bullshit, it was probably the best it had been.
>>
>>137458986
>a parched man cannot scorn dirty water.
That's what Lester del Rey said, in 1978, with the manuscript for The Sword of Truth in front of him. And he published it, knowing it was irredeemable trash but the Tolkien-starved masses would read it anyway. And Western fantasy has been 99.9% soulless Tolkien imitation ever since.
>>
It's still a shit series which can't even get what it's supposed to get right.
>>
>>137458986
>What the fuck do I do?
Write down the latest chapter number somewhere and forget about it, then binge-read whenever you remember after a year.
Happened to me.
>>
>>137469117
Ah I see. You only like the middle of the manga. What a very niche interest. Your opinion is pretty terrible because of a lot of things, but I'm glade you enjoyed about 5 tankoubons.
>>
>>137469140
Sword of Shannara came first and is easily worse.
>>
>>137469217
>5 tankoubons
It was pretty readable from when they killed all the fakes to when the dragon guy made his move.
>>
File: Ubel.Blatt.full.216267.jpg (242KB, 954x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Ubel.Blatt.full.216267.jpg
242KB, 954x1400px
>>137469304
Yeah but he banged the cake 1.5 times during that. After he entered that independent city he became completely celibate and it fell apart after the arc ended. Koinzell who couldn't build relationships with with his shota elf fingers was boring as hell.

Little dude was fetish fuel, now Glenn is just slamming secretary pussy left and right and Koinzell started playing the long game and build flags like a haremshit MC.
>>
>>137469498
Banging the shota-fetish cake was fine. I don't care that much either way if he has sex, it was just the zero-to-third-base-in-five-pages seduction that was stupid in the first chapter. It was like the other guy said, a teenage atheist's badass fantasy self-insert.

I would like to see him bang Ato, but not just random harem flings. She deserves happiness and cuddling.
>>
>>137469250
Oh, yes, Shannara's what I meant, excuse me.
>>
>>137465772
Good to hear, might give it another chance one day then.
>>
>>137469720
Well in Koinzell's defense he had lived with the girl for awhile while recovering and she also gave him the ritualistic "DO ME" bowl.
>>
Shit was great in the beginning when he was some badass shota with a metal past. It got even better when the whole backplot came out and he was all "fukka you I'll destroy the empire for my revenge regardless!" Dude was determined to get his vengence. Pure Mr A. Doesn't matter what they became, it was what they did. Then it went to shit super fast with Glenn and the dragon fortress shit and all that. Thing could have ended way good by now if it hadn't kept going. To quote my teacher "dude wrote himself out of an 'a'". Pity, yo
>>
>>137471390
I wish it was the DECLINE INTO DARKNESS AND SUFFERING instead of koinzell mellowing out and being like "eeeh, whatevs"

When his fairy form went out of control I had high hopes for demonification.
>>
>>137471582
>eeeh, whatevs
I don't think he ever gave up on revenge, did he? Everything just got sidetracked by wischtech resurrection bullshit.
>>
>>137471582

I think if the cast (read: plot) had diversified so heavily early on it would be alright, but we really got blasted with these massive long sidebits that I just don't care about.

You're right, Koin shoulda gone deeper, but he kept winning so handily that there really wasn't a chance for him to mind:break, and when he did lose, he fucking praised the shota part two electric shotaloo.

I put this down with cavalier of the abyess, by god it started fun and got great but jesus you really had no exit plan for this did you, dammit. also the artstyles are similarly messy and difficult to follow when the action hits. If I can't tell who is getting hit because I can't find the sword, that's just a bit of a fuckin' problem, eh?
>>
>>137471705
He's already killed everyone but Glenn I think. But the last few of the lances he just slayed like they were mobs without even trying. He didn't even seem that intense or angry or anything anymore.
>>
>>137471776
The other big guy's still alive, unless I forgot something. The dragon fortress' actual owner.
>>
>>137471749
>cavalier of the abyess
Such a weird sequel to immortal regis.
>start off as Harry Potter with demons
>shit hit the fan
>series ends
>sequel
>timeskip
>MC is now big bad evil king
>main girl was imprisoned by him in a torture dungeon
>fucking dragon girl as a second wife
>her son isn't really his child
>MC's legitimate children are the main characters and they want to kill him

And being a manhwa it of course had some obligatory cucking. For both the current and previous MC.
>>
>>137463053
Feel the same. Glenn's revival has dragged on for so fucking long and the emperor is suddenly energized and what the fuck not.

I thought it was supposed to be ironic that Glenn became a good king and revenge fucked their country, but then they fuck it up by making him even worse all along.
>>
It's okay. A very fun read. On the surface level I like the character designs, though the art is rough, and the main character's intense youth is pretty unusual given the manga's content. I found it hilarious that Koinzell got more ass than Guts did in like two chapters despite looking like he's 12. (or perhaps because of it?)

When I got into it, I'm kind of a sucker for the revenge plot, and I liked how each of the lances of betrayal tied nicely into one of the Sins. It kind of felt a bit like reading a story similar to Armor Hunter Mellowlink, where the protagonist has a personal grudge against every guy he hunts and makes them terrified before giving them what they deserve. It's not terribly deep, but it's fun since the protagonist can be a huge asshole and no matter what you'll still root for him because his enemies are so much worse.

I feel the real sticking point where the manga started to fail was Glen. I liked the idea of him actually being a decent ruler and Koin killing him and ruining the country, then having to answer for his crimes or help fix things later. However, I bet that Shiono feared this would make Koin too unsympathetic, and chickened out. Kind of a drag. The story became sort of directionless and lost track of the original revenge plot. The first couple of kills were so satisfying because Glen's lords are assholes, and also you can see why they're assholes and deserve to die. Or in some cases they're also strangely pitiful and you do have some sympathy for them, but they're still monstrous.

I thought it could maybe become a credible story that gained some emotional depth but yeah. Too many forgotten characters and plot threads. So many of the original cast are irrelevant now, or always were.
>>
>>137459205
Is Dorohedoro kill?
>>
>>137468758
I do think it was more fun when there was a lot of random sex and Koinzell just fucked anyone whenever he felt like it. Licking Ato really wasn't enough, lol.

Part of the manga's appeal is that at times it's got decent emotional moments and the basic premise is alright, but mostly it's like a big greasy edgeburger with lots of gratuitous violence and sex. And to me that's part of the fun, it's really lowbrow and I never take it too seriously, while at the same time, I am sort of invested in the story. It's just the recent arcs haven't delivered on that promise.
>>
>>137458986
Started reading it but I got sick of the main character and his moral faggotry.
>>
>>137468863
Sex is only okay when you're in love. Take berserk for example, the evil heretics have giant orgies which is depicted as degenerate and disgusting, same with Griffith having sex with the princess, he loses everything afterwards. On the contrary, Guts and Casca having sex is seen as something god because they are in love. You are just upset because you're an unprincipled mongrel.
>>
>>137475650
Get rid of your virginity already. Sex is great and feels great and makes people happier when done right.
>>
>>137475683
Keep telling yourself that, meanwhile I'm having great sex with my girlfriend since 5 years.
>>
>>137475737
Cool. Hit me up at my Mormon breeding compound where a fuck my 7 wives on rotation.
>>
File: Ubel Blatt 1 28 moralfag.jpg (94KB, 728x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Ubel Blatt 1 28 moralfag.jpg
94KB, 728x1041px
I've only read the first couple volumes and shifted it in my backlog, around which volume does the mc change from alpha trap ntr defiler of pure maidens to never gets laid harem moralfag?
>>
Is this series worth a buy? I like the look of the omnibuses
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.