[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you realize that Dragon Ball was superior to Z?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Dragon Ball.jpg (98KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball.jpg
98KB, 700x350px
At what age did you realize that Dragon Ball was superior to Z?
>>
>>137382766
12, when I first watched it. USA got Z first
>>
>>137382766
When i got around to actually reading it, so 18
>>
>>137382828
>read
>>
When I learned at the name of the manga is Dragon Ball and that Z is just the name of Toei's second shitty anime adapting it.
>>
>>137382872
It's difficult to find a proper unedited version of the anime because there were so many different versions
>>
Finnally Dragon Ball

Learn what happens before Z!!
>>
>>137382872
Yeah, the manga. You think anyone would have the time to go back and watch an Endless Shounen?
>>
>>137383098
>Endless
150 or so episodes, you could get through it in 3-4 days
>>
Except it isn't.

The first arc and the tournaments are good, but everything else is fucking garbage.

Fucking hipsters.
>>
if by superior you mean comparing goat shit and dog shit, then sure.
>>
>>137383358
>implying Goku slapping pussy and the Pilaf Saga in general isn't GOAT
>>
>>137382766
First time Dragonball reached Z in germany.
Whenever that was.
>>
>>137382766
I watched DB first and got all hyped up for Z reading a bunch of magazines and loose manga chapters.
Then I finished Freeza and got bored.
>>
i grew out of anime at age 18 and started watching more intellectual cartoons like rick and morty
>>
Dragonball started out as an martial arts adventure series referencing journey to the west. It was fun and light hearted, but occassionally got serious.

DBZ was trying to make it a Superman type story (survivor of alien race becoming protector of humanity etc). Would've been fine if it had been done well, but holy crap... Not sure if DBZ invented this, but it was the first time I noticed it:
- New enemy appears
- Everybody dies
- Goku saves the day
- Everyone is revived
- New enemy is announced
- Training
repeat.
>>
>>137383996
Also
>Enemy appears
>Heros all get fucked up
>Someone gets a new transformation
>Enemy gets fucked up
>Enemy gets some transformation
>Heros get fucked up again
repeat until the enemy is finally killed
There were very little fights in which both participants actually felt like they were equal, such as Goku v Majin Vegeta
>>
it's the same series
>>
>>137383306
150 episodes in 3-4 days

are you fucking serious? i'm lucky if i do 10 episodes a day and that's watching dub, if i have to read subs i'll average about 6
>>
The worst part of these awful threads is seeing people who haven't read Dragon Ball try to explain why one part is better than the other.
>>
>>137384420
just retarded hipsters

>hurrr, I prefer the first part, the second part is only for plebs since it's more popular
>>
>>137384420
Dragon Ball makes me laugh more, so I like it better
That wasn't so hard
>>
>>137384420
More interesting action, actual non-contrived drama, funnier.
>>
>>137384720
That's a good one. You could also say something about adventure or, my favorite, say that it was less Goku-centric.
>>
>>137384791
You're cute.
Those are valid points. So is the one about adventure, in fact. Freeza saga has them going straight to the planet of white backgrounds and rocks, next to that abandoned quarry every sentai group used.
Why? Because Toriyama hated drawing backgrounds. Exciting and original!
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z (951).png (2MB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z (951).png
2MB, 1024x1536px
>>137384837
Wow, just look at this white background of rocks. The manga sure did get worse when the anime changed its name, huh?
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z (2029).png (2MB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z (2029).png
2MB, 1024x1536px
>>137385168
But that's just when they land, right? The Frieza fight was surely in an uninspired white wasteland of course.

Oh wait, it happened by a fucking green ocean. Read the manga you dipshit.
>>
Z is better because it has less Puar. That voice could ruin my fucking ears
>>
>>137384354

How does it feel to be normal? Man I must be fucking mental.. I watched over 30 episodes one day of detective Conan
>>
>>137385659
I got from the Cell Saga to the Fusion Saga just today man
>>
>>137383306

That's assuming he is a neet. A four day run would be like watching 19hrs of anime every day.
>>
It was until after Frieza did Z fall to shit. Vegeta for example
Pre-Frieza
>Smart and calculating
>Doesn't always run head-first into battle
>Knows his enemies
Post-Frieza
>DUDE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS LMAO
>rushes into every battle
>lets Cell become perfect and Buu to be released because muh pride
>>
DB has never surpassed DBZ in popularity.
>>
>>137382872
the Dragonball manga is superior to the anime, same with Z
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z (2331).png (463KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z (2331).png
463KB, 1024x1536px
>>137386678
Being a Super Saiyan messes with your head. That's why Goku chose to master regular Super Saiyan instead of using a stronger form like Vegeta.
>>
>>137382801
USA got the Pilaf arc before Z.
>>
>>137382766
First you watch DBZ and then DB, in that order you can finally enjoy Pilaf and Piccolo arc properly because without DBZ, DB looks like a mediocre kids show for stupid kids on Burger Land.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.