[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ah My Goddess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 26

File: n58.jpg (89KB, 728x1119px) Image search: [Google]
n58.jpg
89KB, 728x1119px
I've got the biggest faggot boner for this series, and I'm terribly embarrassed by how much I love it. No one ever talks about it either.

Any recommendations for similar reads?
Favorite scene? The theme of loss always got to me, even though I've never dealt with that personally.
>>
File: n5.jpg (164KB, 719x1100px) Image search: [Google]
n5.jpg
164KB, 719x1100px
>>137178329
>tfw watched the anime, never knew about all the racing stories in the manga
>>
There were a lot of threads back when magical impotence was used to explain the lack of romantic development. I don't think anyone cared after that.
>>
>>137178329
Ever since the magic castrations of his libido was revealed, people didn't like that and didn't talk about it.
>>
>>137179223
>>137179343
Why was that not well received? It's like the only time the ineptitude of the main character of a harem anime is explained.

Totally get that it retcons some earlier stories in the series, though.
>>
>>137179443
its a fucking huge tonal shift that is just glossed over, like imagine if in k-on yui casually revealed that she was brutally raped by her uncle every day from ages 6-10 and everyone laughs about it then the show continues without ever mentioning that again
>>
File: n14.jpg (141KB, 728x1117px) Image search: [Google]
n14.jpg
141KB, 728x1117px
>>137179443
>>137179598
That's... kind of why I enjoyed it, honestly. I was pretty blown away to see Belldandy revealed as an obsessive girlfriend. It doesn't feel that way for the entire series, but paints the 44 volumes before it in a completely different light. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days.

Not even into that kind of thing.
>>
File: wew.png (154KB, 1037x555px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
154KB, 1037x555px
>>
>>137179598
Except that the series pretty much ended when it was revealed. It only lived on by dragging the "plot" for MONTHS of nothing happening until the ending.
>>
>>137179692
>I was pretty blown away to see Belldandy revealed as an obsessive girlfriend.

So you didn't read the manga at all besides the final arc? It was already obvious ages ago in the early years that Belldandy was obsessive.
>>
>>137178329
As for your question, OP, the only one that comes to mind was AI Love You, by Ken Akamatsu. Maybe Video Girl Ai is also in the same line. These kind of plots were very common back in the 90s.
>>
>>137179443
apparently that only irked American fans, Japanese culture doesn't place any importance on having free will.

I like Ah My Goddess too, but mostly for the earlier stories that were about Mara trying to destroy the universe and robots wearing Urd's skin and shit. After Hilde was introduced things got pretty stale and it felt like the whole series was treading water until Fujishima decided to wrap things up.

I really like the art style and the characters. I hope Fujishima writes more slice-of-life stories about sexy ladies.
>>
File: n19.jpg (235KB, 728x1047px) Image search: [Google]
n19.jpg
235KB, 728x1047px
>>137179897
I never saw her that way. I always figured she was written to exemplify the "perfect woman." Even her jealousy streaks aren't that big of a deal, no matter how many story arcs they made about it.

Maybe I'm just slow, though. It didn't really click for me until the scene where she's watching him as he grows up. Like wat.
>>
File: n1.jpg (145KB, 728x1044px) Image search: [Google]
n1.jpg
145KB, 728x1044px
>>137180027
>I really like the art style and the characters. I hope Fujishima writes more slice-of-life stories about sexy ladies.

One of my favorite things about the series is watching Fujishima's art improve over the course of two decades. I love how much emphasis he places on hands; they're always in very unique positions.
>>
File: plot.png (485KB, 952x888px) Image search: [Google]
plot.png
485KB, 952x888px
>>137179763
>ah my goddess
>plot

You're not reading it for the right reasons.
>>
>>137179443
Honestly, the dude called a magic telephone number and used a reality bending wish to ask for a girlfriend. It's not like he was using his penis anyways.
>>
>>137180420
>Otaki got a cute little computer tech GF from rich family he's going to marry
>pigs ate his brother
>dat hair
>dem welder's glasses
>dem spark plug earrings

Why is he so great?
>>
File: cats.jpg (132KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
132KB, 1366x768px
Anyway, while I have you fags out of the woodwork, did anyone finish Itsumo futari de? I could only get 15 minutes in before I turned it off. It seemed really bad.
>>
>>137178329
Fuck this series.

That reveal when she was secretly making him impotent was such bullshit. I dropped it right then and there, because I knew he would forgive her and they would get married or some dumb shit.
>>
>>137180624
He forced her to be his girlfriend first. At least she started the relationship with impotence unlike how with most girls it ends up that way after 5-10 yrs.
>>
>>137179598
What really pissed me off about it was knowing that he was going to forgive her and it was gonna be like nothing happened. I really wanted her actions to have repercussions but NOPE. Fuck this series.
>>
File: Chi_from_Chobits_8.jpg (40KB, 326x488px) Image search: [Google]
Chi_from_Chobits_8.jpg
40KB, 326x488px
>>137180624
Somehow that didn't make me mad, but the end of Chobits did. What a cocktease.
>>
>>137180710
See>>137180739
Sorry I got triggered and replied before actually reading the thread.
>>
>>137179443
As someone who saw the original and remake series as soon as it came out, along with the movie. It pretty much tarnishes MC character, as it wasn't a matter of his humbleness or control over basic human urges in the presence of beautiful goddesses, it was cause the mental link between his dick was cut...

For me Kannagi reveal didn't effect me at all, and was disappointed series stopped there. However this was a huge fuck you for the people that loved this series at the time.
>>
>>137180744
Didn't he end up with a real girl or something? Like why not have both? Fucking genius society right there. It's like throwing away your microwave because your wife can cook.
>>
>>137180780
>Kannagi reveal
What was Kannagi's reveal? (wasn't that the one about some chink carving a wooden statue and it turning in a pettanko girl?)
>>
>>137180786
Nah, he chose Chi as his "someone just for him." Freya made sure he understood that he could only have her if he refused to fuck her, since her reset button was in her vag. He chose to be with her and never fuck her because he loved her. Sort of sweet, but I was hoping it would have some sort of "knight and the old hag" ending where he gets what he wants anyway.
>>
>>137180835
That Nagi had a boyfriend so all of the otaku got pissed.
>>
>>137179443
>Totally get that it retcons some earlier stories in the series, though.

Not really. Early on in the series there was the system force than enforced their contract relationship whenever they were separated but it went away at some point. So the absolute impotence laid upon him took effect gradually and active enforcement was needed as it was possible K1 was going to break the contract with outsiders of his own will. But once he was broken in and became docile little lap dog no further action was needed.
>>
>>137180710
Yeah when put in that respect the restriction is justified, but what gave me the shits was how long that condition was kept secret while their feelings developed, especially after the trials they faced. But I only read it to the point that it felt their feelings were reciprocated in each other.
>>
File: japan-west-1.jpg (74KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
japan-west-1.jpg
74KB, 339x500px
>>137180871
Have the Southern Barbarians brought knowledge of ye ol' handjobs and the coveted mouth pussy to the docks of Edo yet?
>>
>>137180883
Eh... there were too many scenes early on where their relationship progresses in a semi-physical manner. They kiss, they say "I love you," then it's like those moments are all forgotten for the ending or for that arc where Peorth asks him if he's ever said "I love you" to Bell.

Step it up, Fujishima.
>>
It still feels like Peorth would of smite his ass if he did anything to Belldandy, didn't need to neuter him when other threats existed. She's also a Goddess, like a mortal could take advantage of her.
>>
>>137180875
Yeah otaku trash was high level back then, they'd get the shits if the voice actresses lived their 3D lives instead of supporting her, unless she was a slut "cough" Aya Hirano and her entire band.
>>
File: 11.jpg (185KB, 728x1074px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
185KB, 728x1074px
>>137180875
I thought that was fake? Or something like a Nagi clone?

The wolf girl from harvest December has fucked with guys and everyone still loves her. As long as the bitch isn't hung up on their ex and talking about him constantly I'm cool with it.
>>
File: DAMNakaicho.png (1MB, 1198x1132px) Image search: [Google]
DAMNakaicho.png
1MB, 1198x1132px
>>137180964
It wasn't that she didn't want to be taken advantage of, they literally were forbidden to fuck unless they went through some trial. The impotence thing was just to prevent them from being separated permanently if they didn't pass the test.
>>
File: hild-v21c135-pp144-145.jpg (423KB, 1548x1100px) Image search: [Google]
hild-v21c135-pp144-145.jpg
423KB, 1548x1100px
Was my favorite series for a very long time.

Waifu'd Hild, goddamn, what a lady. There was always something about her that stole my mind and my heart.

As for the manga, it is interesting how Belldandy seemed more normal, crossed into total yamato nandesko-whatever, and then went lewder in incriments. The big reveal about Heaven manipulating him wasn't such a big shock to me, I suspected it was the case anyways. What more was was how it was revealed the gods and demons are basically parasites in a way. Or symbiotic.
>>
File: n37.jpg (96KB, 648x1016px) Image search: [Google]
n37.jpg
96KB, 648x1016px
>>137181084
>forbidden to fuck

Again, seemed like a retcon, especially with this scene.
>>
>>137180871
Wow. That's not only bizarre, it also sounds like a completely trivial engineering problem to solve.
>>
File: 19091-chobits---chii.jpg (321KB, 850x315px) Image search: [Google]
19091-chobits---chii.jpg
321KB, 850x315px
>>137181222
Well, the only person who could fix that engineering problem is Chii's mother. It would be a tough request.
>>
>>137181222
Pour a small amount of liquefied adhesive putty in her vagina. It will seal the reset button without resulting in discomfort.

But I doubt the MC's dick could reach the switch in the first place.
>>
>>137181286
Well I haven't read the series so I don't know the details, but I just can't think of any way you could construct any kind of button that couldn't be disabled by anyone with a little mechanical skill with like five minutes work.
>>
File: tamiya-sempai.png (803KB, 576x1406px) Image search: [Google]
tamiya-sempai.png
803KB, 576x1406px
>>137180559
>not liking tamiya-sempai
>>
>>137181409
He'd have to look into her vagina first and he's too beta for anything other than lights off, blankets on, missionary.
>>
File: image.jpg (458KB, 1178x1752px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458KB, 1178x1752px
I was totally engulfed in this series from the 90s and on. Used my meagre allowance to buy the expensive single issues and vhs's. There was something very unique in the atmosphere and art this manga had. Very soothing and just a bit romantic.
But
All the rereads clearly revealed how their relationship regressed, mainly physically. Sure the art improved into top tier beauty but I just gave it up after some inconsequential race that I had seen before.
Years later I hear about this neutering stuff and that makes me just a little but sad.
I know it's used as a putdown but I grew up and out of this manga. It, just as my youthful naivité and romanticism are something beautiful but also something that I'm done with.
Thank you for reading my blog.
>>
>>137180710
>He forced her to be his girlfriend first.
He was deemed worthy to begin with. This isn't a random wish granted out of nowhere; this was meant to be K1's divine reward for being a good man who had bad luck.

The problem is that he was meant to be rewarded as a model humanbeing, but his rewarded ended up being a curse. He could have wished for infinite wealth, Belldandy even told him she can grant it, he picked love instead.

By picking love instead of greed, he was punished for it.
>>
File: 1451701087732.gif (3MB, 424x233px) Image search: [Google]
1451701087732.gif
3MB, 424x233px
>>137180871
I wonder if there's a button in her ass. Can't reset Anal.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 400x325px
>>137181531
>By picking love instead of greed, he was punished for it.
are you trying to make me cry anon?
>>
>>137181531
Dawg he thought it was a prank his elders wete pulling on him. Like how was the nigga supposed to know the gravity of his request? Even within the context of a fantasy story this happened in the very introduction of the supernatural.
>>
>>137181531
>his reward ended up being a curse

I'm not sure I agree. I see where you're coming from, but his reward was also having a goddess by his side who would forever grant him luck and well-being. His life doesn't appear all that bad to begin with, and suddenly he's granted this deep, endless happiness.

Honestly I might have chosen that path even knowing I'd have my libido taken away.

>suddenly successful in everything
>have the perfect girlfriend who cooks, cleans, oh yea, and she's a divine being on top of that
>she brings her sisters to live with you in the temple that you now sit, rent free, because of your girlfriend

Holy shit, just take my balls and dick now.
>>
>>137181673
>Dawg he thought it was a prank his elders wete pulling on him.
Keep in mind that later on, he deliberately tried to call the wish hotline and got in. Urd was shocked, and said that isn't suppose to be possible. The implication from the very beginning, is that K1 is so pure and good that he is BETTER than gods. This was why he was able to forgive the gods in their transgressions, because only a pure saint can forgive such evil deities. K1 breaks the scales of good and evil, a man so pure that gods are not qualified to judge him. And yet, the gods treat him like a common thug.

At some point, one has to wonder if the gods are jealous of him.
>>
>>137181782
>Honestly I might have chosen that path even knowing I'd have my libido taken away.
No one has any problem if it was KNOWN.

It isn't the loss of libido; it is the loss of libido IN SECRET. The gods have effectively committed contract FRAUD. Not even Satan is that evil.
>>
>>137180027
Did you actually see 2ch response to that reveal or are you just talking out of your ass?
>>
>>137181834
>The gods have effectively committed contract FRAUD.

Not really. K1 just thought it was a prank and made a wish. After he found out it was the real deal he didn't bother thinking about the technicalities of the deal. I know I would have asked about petty detail pertaining to my wish since if shit's too good to be true it probably isn't.
>>
>>137181906
Yeah like all he wanted was a girlfriend, but what if he was some kind of crazy nazi muslim and "Girlfriend" was a synonym for "Cockslave cum dump" in his society?
>>
>>137181906
>Not really. K1 just thought it was a prank and made a wish. After he found out it was the real deal he didn't bother thinking about the technicalities of the deal. I know I would have asked about petty detail pertaining to my wish since if shit's too good to be true it probably isn't.
You are acting like Belldandy, who was suppose to be the good an holy representative of heaven, isn't at fault for not being able to tell K1 that he is getting his libido taken away? You are acting like the gods are already evil, in that case.
>>
File: swine.png (807KB, 1196x936px) Image search: [Google]
swine.png
807KB, 1196x936px
>>137181834
But that's what makes it so good! Belldandy is revealed to be SO FLAWED in the final few volumes that she suddenly becomes a believable character. She's a liar and she's obsessive and I fucking LOVE IT.
>>
>>137181984
>Belldandy isn't at fault for not being able to tell K1 that he is getting his libido taken away
>You are acting like the gods are already evil

But it was established in the final arc that the goddesses were unable to tell him, Yggdrasil forbade them. They were physically incapable of telling him the truth. Gods in the sense were always evil.
>>
>>137182056
>But it was established in the final arc that the goddesses were unable to tell him, Yggdrasil forbade them. They were physically incapable of telling him the truth. Gods in the sense were always evil.
Then you are not disagreeing with me at all. My point from the beginning was that the gods were evil and K1 was not at fault for being screwed by them, and you agreed with me 100%.
>>
>>137181084
Yeah I shouldn't say much, In my head cannon the movie takes precedence and that was their trial by fire, no idea if manga just doesn't include that.
>>
>>137182012
Yeah to be fair on reflection the way I am now would agree with you, but muh younger impressionable self back then would never forgive the deceit.
Well they always gave Belldandy shit for being the perfect caricature of a women, guess this was to set the equilibrium that women are scum, just what the complainers wanted.
>>
>>137182213
It's weird. When I got to the final arc of the manga, I thought they were going to flat out copy the movie, but it's different. In the manga, they HAVE to go through the gate to be in a relationship, but in the movie it's like a choice they make.
>>
How does mortal even breed with super-dimensional abomination? Their human bodies are just representations by Yggdrasil in the world. When Belldandy was about to disappear when support from Yggdrasil was cut K1 was shitting his pants about Belldandy dying. But then she just said it was her projection in the world and her real body is still in heaven.
>>
>>137182286
*can be flawed I mean, scum is too strong a word in this context. meh, my irritation still shows with this series.
>>
>>137182213
>Yeah I shouldn't say much, In my head cannon the movie takes precedence and that was their trial by fire, no idea if manga just doesn't include that.
The irony is that the gods lost their right to test K1 entirely, because they are no longer the moral authority they were suppose to be. The entire point of the trial is to find out if the human is worthy, but the manga revelation showed that gods themselves are unworthy. This makes the entire system a joke, when the judges were the ones who were guilty and the defendant was the pure, innocent, and rightous side.
>>
>>137181409
Many characters in the series tried to hack her, which is why my feeling is that her creator, her mother, would have to be the one to fix that issue.

Which is why it sounds like such a silly request to me.

>hey, could you fix your daughter's vagina so that when I fuck it it doesn't reset her memory? thanks a bunch, think she'll appreciate it.
>>
File: 1358210587961.png (86KB, 337x268px) Image search: [Google]
1358210587961.png
86KB, 337x268px
>>137178329
Does he ever get his sexdrive back or is he neutered for life?
>>
File: n8.jpg (145KB, 728x1042px) Image search: [Google]
n8.jpg
145KB, 728x1042px
>>137182538
He does. But they don't fuck. At least, not in the manga.
>>
>>137182624
oh shit, can you imagine having your sex drive re-enabled after years of it sitting dormant and pent up feelings welling up with no release?
>>
File: n18.jpg (139KB, 728x1117px) Image search: [Google]
n18.jpg
139KB, 728x1117px
>>137182694
It's written to seem pretty intense. See pic related, >>137180076, and the following post.
>>
File: n22.jpg (553KB, 1440x1106px) Image search: [Google]
n22.jpg
553KB, 1440x1106px
>>137182870
>>
File: n13.jpg (224KB, 1456x1044px) Image search: [Google]
n13.jpg
224KB, 1456x1044px
OP here. Thanks for the thread, guys. I've been wanting to talk about this since I finished reading it a couple weeks back.

I'll leave with my favorite scene. I would pay money for a print of this without the nasty bar in the center for the page break.
>>
So the end is un-neutering and happily ever after? No epilogue?

Nice and chill thread btw. I really needed this for closure.
>>
>>137182624

I thought they fucked like rabbits in some kind of shared dream they had.
He was a lumberjack and she was the Lady of the Lake or something. Did that even happen?
>>
>>137183378
>So the end is un-neutering and happily ever after? No epilogue?
My personal headcanon is that the gods are brought down a notch. K1 could have became a god but he isn't interested. The fact of the matter is that the entire premise is flipped on its head; we started out thinking that Belldandy is too good for K1. But in the end the fact is it is K1 who was too good for Belldandy, and she was lucky that he forgives her. He ended up being on the dominant side of the relationship, by being the one with the moral superiority.
>>
>>137183847
My personal headcanon is that his dick can't satisfy her at all making having sex even more depressing than not having sex.
>>
>>137184228
>My personal headcanon is that his dick can't satisfy her at all making having sex even more depressing than not having sex.
Well she can't complain, because clearly she knows she wouldn't be able to find a better man. Belldandy is basically ruined as a person and she is sufficiently shamed that she would have to stick with him.
>>
>>137184228
>you're dicking Belldandy and she yawns, disinterested
>>
>>137178329
Good taste
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.