[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: 4c4.png (313KB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4c4.png
313KB, 1114x1600px
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD ENDING WHY THE FUCK NIHEI
>>
>>135739861
I'm still angry.
>>
The author did because he can't write endings
>>
Can someone tell me what's bad about Sidonia's ending? Thanks.
>>
>>135740868

Awfully rushed.

Basically, nihei had been building up Izana (who was imo a great character) going with MC, but MC ended up being with moeblob tentacle monster. Felt awfully forced and extremely dissapointing.

Also, the author randomly turn yuhata into a dude like what the fuck that was so unnecesary.
>>
>I'm a /v/edditor, look how i can use capslock
>>
>>135740978
The hell? Nihei was building up both Izana and Tsumugi, and whether you like it or not, he simply had more chemistry with the tentacle monster than he did with Izana. And Yuhata going male is just Nihei going transhumanism. I mean, you had a 3rd gender of humanity, loli turning into a bear and tentacle monster mimicking humans, why the hell did you not expect the ability to change genders?
>>
File: sidoniakek.jpg (291KB, 922x337px) Image search: [Google]
sidoniakek.jpg
291KB, 922x337px
Obligatory for every Sidonia thread.
>>
File: 100754323.jpg (253KB, 1027x786px) Image search: [Google]
100754323.jpg
253KB, 1027x786px
>>135739861
>>
>>135741706
The reasons Sidonia went to shit can mostly be tracked back to the introduction of Tsumugi. The pandering towards this dumb character that nobody wanted was absurd. So many interesting plotpoints and characters were brushed aside, all in the name of the moeblob space penis. Then suddenly out of nowhere we're supposed to regard Tsumugi as the main love interest, which were barely developed, if at all, while she's still nothing but a comedy penis.

Everything was put aside for this retardes character. Even when she finally sods off and things might get back on track, she returns the next chapter, diverting the plot once again, and shitting on all of us.
The story tanked heavily with the introduction of Tsumugi, and sank even lower with this egregiously forced ending.

Tsumugi and Nihei a shit.
A shit on shit with glaze of diarrhea.
>>
best girl wins
>>
>>135742671
>The pandering towards this dumb character that nobody wanted was absurd.
Were you even in these threads when Sidonia was still ongoing? Almost everyone loved Tsumugi. Just no one, except those familiar with Nihei's work, actually expected her to win.
>>
>>135742671
I don't think it was Nihei's fault. I think he was cajoled into doing it or at least into going that principal direction by editors/sales figures. The man said he wasn't going to be writing manga regularly further and didn't want to do anything with deadlines anymore at the end of the series. That kinda shows you how unhappy he was with what he was doing. Plus, if you look at the little strip he did talking about how he made Tsugumori you'll see he draws the editors as these dark, serious figures in an otherwise overall light comic.
>>
>>135742828
Bull-fucking-shit, don't pretend that any previous Nihei work was anything like Sidonia or that you can justify your shipping shit in an otherwise serious series.
>>
>>135739861
Polygon can still salvage this wreck of wrecks.
I hope they take the liberty to do it.
>>
>>135743789
i really hope so anon
>>
>>135742915
The hell are you talking about? Anyone who's familiar with his previous work knows he's very heavy onto transhumanism. He honestly does not give a shit about outward appearances. His characters constantly changes their form like clothing.
>>
I didn't care about it by the end. MC was a shit, cheated on his space penis girlfriend even if it was with a 11/10 lady.

Ending was completely dildos, I think it started going downhill about half way though the manga.
>>
>>135746428
fuck off back to reddit or wherever the fuck you came from, you clearly have never read anything by Nihei beyond the wikipedia entries; or you have, and are simply that autistic
>>
>>135740978
I'm still so disappointed that the cute intersex ladyboy didn't get with Tanikaze. I've sworn this is the last time I ever invest myself in this harem waifuwar shit.
Nihei's ride was too wild for me.
>>
>>135748555
Anon, if you had read his parody Blame! Academy, you would have known he really does not give a fuck if they are humans or not. Why the hell are you so insistence in your stubbornness that Nihei must do standard hetero humans-only shipping?
>>
>>135739861
It went to shit after Benisuzume's defeat. I'm still most missed about BeniJiro being used as a convenient way to bring the penis back. I would have been alright with Hoshijiro not winning the Nagate-bowl, but I at least wanted her to return after all the fucking hinting. The anime stopped at the perfect time to fix it, and with the anime putting more focus on Hoshijiro, I hope she wins if there's a third season.

>>135740978
Never seemed to me that Izana had much of a chance. Her relationship with Nagate was always that of a very important friend even though she hoped otherwise.
>>
>>135750892
*pissed
>>
>>135742239
I honestly don't see why people are mad at this

you all have some weird thoughts. He never saw xe as anything past a friend.
>>
>>135750946
I think in regards to that pic most were pissed about Yuhata becoming a guy out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>135750892
No. Hoshijiro is dead, No more Ena shit. We need to have the MC get over his dumb Gauna fetish.

>>135750946
I would rather have Izana and Yuhata died than Yuhata turning into a transexual cyborg and go 'ey yo settle for me gurl'. It wasn't even cringeworthy, it was just painful.
>>
that 7 foot tsundere robot was a fucking useless addition to the series, she was utterly pointless why even waste time introducing her?
>>
>>135740978
I'm glad Izana didn't get it. She had way too much focus and got quite annoying after her growth
>>
>>135751025
But it's not? Izana prefers men, Yuhata is not a male but has been shown to be attracted to Izana. You can claim they could've gone the Yuri route but I don't think that's how the 3rd gender species work. After all, they were created for procreation, it would makes no sense they would allow the 3rd gender to pick the same gender to the objection of their affection which renders the purpose of their existence moot. And I doubt Yuhata is heartless enough to force Izana to change her gender since her species picking a gender is a rather important part of their lives.
>>
>>135739861
The best ending Nihei has ever pulled.
>>
So should i read this?
I liked Blame!
>>
>>135752856
Are you a shipper? If yes, avoid this series. If no, it's pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>135752856
Yes, it's a very fun series.
>>
>>135739861
It was a great ending and seeing you fags cry over it makes it even better.
>>
>>135739861
I may have felt some animosity toward the ending if the whole thing didn't bore me to death for two whole years prior to it. At least the ending made those shippers butthurt absolutely exquisite and the MANY DAYS shitposting spam died on the spot, carried away in a river of tears and blood.
>>
>>135752988
So long mai waifu.
>>
>>135739861
>not only does best waifu win, she even gets the body of the second best waifu
10/10 ending, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>135753140
Anon pls. I've seen enough 'it's time', 'no homo' and trap threads here on /a/ to know her becoming a man has no bearing if Yuhata remained your waifu or not. You probably using that as an excuse to find another waifu instead of staying loyal to one.
>>
File: KOZUROFF.jpg (42KB, 490x344px) Image search: [Google]
KOZUROFF.jpg
42KB, 490x344px
Your waifufag reactions are hilarious.

I mean, come on, it's Nihei. Anyone who has read his work knows that he is all about cool sci-fi visuals and trans-humanistic ideas. Plot is secondary and rarely coherent.
The fact that he decided to try a character-driven story is interesting, but why would anyone expect a well-written story with ordinary romance is beyond me.
>>
>>135753365
The closest Nihei has gotten with romance is in Blame! Academy, and we all know how that turned out.
>>
>>135751597
The "ena bullshit" was pretty much the main plot for the first half of the story and never got any real closure. Also, Hoshijiro deserved better, and she especially deserves better in the anime. Besides, if you don't like transhumanist ideas, this isn't a story for you, anyway.l
>>
>>135753365
The sci-fi was the primary reason I liked it. But after Benisuzume's defeat there were barely any of the neat sci-fi ideas and it was mostly pointless waifufaggotry filler until the end.
>>
>>135753365
I would have had no problem if more of the sci-fi stuff was explored, for example where the gauna came from or how they were made or why the were attracted to higgs particles. I wouldn have enjoyed it more then.

But goddammit, if you're going to make a harem show at least make sure that's done well.
>>
File: sidoniabestass.webm (181KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sidoniabestass.webm
181KB, 800x450px
>>135753140
He still wins another best girl though.
>>
File: Super Sexy Yuhata.jpg (213KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
Super Sexy Yuhata.jpg
213KB, 665x665px
>>135753325
When your waifu becomes a manface it's time for a divorsu.
>>
>>135755878
>I would have had no problem if more of the sci-fi stuff was explored
Thisthisthisthis.
>>
>>135753365
I can agree to this. The latter half as a below-average scifi harem with an average happy ending plus a little twists is alright by Nihei standard.
>>
>>135756399
Again, I've seen enough 'it's time' and 'no homo' threads to know that is not a legitimate excuse.
>>
File: shou.jpg (697KB, 1503x1221px) Image search: [Google]
shou.jpg
697KB, 1503x1221px
>>135757537
It did, but by the time Nihei opted to start wrapping it up.
>>
File: 1430363618017.png (821KB, 1330x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1430363618017.png
821KB, 1330x1080px
More artists should turn more waifus into dudes. It's literally the best way to troll
>>
>>135757665
>'it's time' and 'no homo' threads
Fuck them, /a/ isn't a hivemind.
>>
>>135754575
>we defeated the Gauna!
>hurrah!
Nothing in this story got any real closure. Hoshijiro died before I could get any real affection towards her, so I can't see why she deserves any better over everybody else.

It doesn't really matter though, technically Hoshijiro won in the end.
>>
>>135758797
How so? Wouldn't exactly call Smoogy inside BeniJiro's body Hoshijiro.

But yeah, I started with the anime, so that's probably why I'm as fond of her as I am. She was still a great person in the manga, though, so I nonetheless don't think she deserved the fate she was given.
>>
>>135756027
>Yuhata is fucking all that every night
>>
>>135758030
Bullshit, I've been through enough Madoka threads know /a/ is one person.
>>
>>135752672
Agreed.
Only people assmad about it are people that didn't read other Nihei's works before.

>>135752856
It's not on par with Blame! or Biomega.
The art gets cleaner and it's less gritty. It's not necessarily worse, but be warned. I still like Biomega's art best.
The story is much more linear and mainstream, and it doesn't have the charm of being as cyberpunk as his other works.

Still enjoyable overall.
>>
>>135755878
>if more of the sci-fi stuff was explored, for example where the gauna came from or how they were made or why the were attracted to higgs particles
That's not being explored, that's being explained, and Nihei hate to explain stuff, he wants everything to be a mystery and doesn't want the reader to know more than his characters. Or even better, to know less than them.
He wants readers to make their own theories, to search for links, thus making his works much more compelling since you go on thinking about them instead of just being spoonfed an answer.
This is why he always refuse to answer the question about all his works being in the same universe/canon or if it's just him reusing names/plot devices as the Gravity Beam Emitter, the Gaunas, the n5s virus and toha heavy industries.
This, or he's just lazy an this is a good excuse.
Damn, I love that nip.
>>
>>135761393
wow so

Instead of expanding on the amazing universe he created and creating more plot out of the backworld, he choses to make a harem series out of it.

but yeah, it definitely wasn't because he wanted the world to remain a mystery :^)
>>
>>135760021
All of the ena Hoshijiros have fragments of Hoshijiro's memories and personality. I can only imagine that they affect Tsumugi's own personality somehow, and that she'll slowly start acting more like Hoshijiro, although it's not made entirely clear.
Even so, they were both almost entirely identical in regards to their characteristics, minus the space penis. Therefore I reject Tsumugi's existence entirely and say Hoshijiro won.

Nobody deserves Hoshijiro's fate, I agree on that.
>>
>>135761393
>mystery
A mystery is without substance if there isn't an answer written to it. This is bullshit, Nihei is a fucking hack if he thinks I'm going to imagine his lore for him. There is no difference between this and 'but who was phone'.
>>
File: conclusion of sidonia.jpg (33KB, 286x251px) Image search: [Google]
conclusion of sidonia.jpg
33KB, 286x251px
>>135761906
Ain't Nihei asspulled it at very last panels by having Hoshijiro's memories permanently hibernated?
>>
Izanafags mad as fuck lol.
>>
>>135761906
You need to find a new hobby.
>>
>>135763757
I don't remember, and I don't care enough to find out. He makes asspulls in every single one of his barely cohesive stories, e.g Biomega.

>>135764162
If I considered this a hobby I would've killed myself.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.