[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shirobako - The Saviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

File: IMPLYINGSHIROBAKO.png (121KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMPLYINGSHIROBAKO.png
121KB, 600x338px
Just as a reminder that Shirobako is possibly the first time in a long time that we can hold hands with our nips and agree that there was an anime that was fun and also heartbreaking to watch.

Lets all hope for this year there taste doesn't go down the shitter.
>>
>inb4 hipster contrarians sperging about X or Y anime being better
>>
>>135537163
>Implying Kurobako wasn't better
>>
File: 1422588842238.png (656KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422588842238.png
656KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>135537163
S2 when?
>>
File: 1449417507353.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449417507353.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>
Since we can all agree that Shirobako was a masterpiece and one of P.A. Works' finest, can we stop carrying on about how great it was? Because that can get really obnoxious.
>>
S2 when?

I need more Erika.
I need more Aoi.
>>
Aerial girls > Exodus
>>
Rewatching this AOTY to start off the new year.
>>
File: 49744836_p0.jpg (581KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
49744836_p0.jpg
581KB, 2000x2000px
>>
>>135537206
But One Punch Man is better.
>>
File: GAO.jpg (343KB, 803x1009px) Image search: [Google]
GAO.jpg
343KB, 803x1009px
>>
>>
I miss the threads. They were fun. I even miss the bullyingfags and the guy who wanted to make Ema a single mom.
>>
>>135541717
Bako threads were really great, I miss them.
>>
File: 48362111_p0.jpg (647KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
48362111_p0.jpg
647KB, 752x1062px
When you think about it, if you went about by, say grabbing her small, bony wrist, holding her hand out over the countertop while ignoring her tearful, panicked pleas and keeping your grip firm against the feeble struggling of her tiny arm, you could strike the phalanges of her dominant hand's middle finger repeatedly. A hammer would be ideal for this, but anything will suffice against those tiny, tender digits.

Naturally, when she realizes what you're going to do, she'll scream and cry, and probably beg and plead for you to stop. She might even offer you her body, if she thought it'd spare her from disfigurement. It won't, but it's best to be aware that here will be resistance. And, as she grows more terrified, she will likely try to struggle and escape forcefully, but her scrawny body will almost certainly lack the strength to. Just be sure to keep your grip firm.

She'll scream after the first blow to the finger in question, but after a few more strikes she'll settle down to a whimper. Once you feel confident that the damage has been done, you can take the now bloodied and misshapen finger and press it hard against an uneven surface, like the edge of the countertop, and give it one last strike across the edge. Now be ready because she'll really scream when you do this, but it's the most absolutely necessary step. Once you've broken the finger over the corner of the countertop, you can be certain that the disfigurement will be permanent, and she'll never properly heal or regain dexterity in it.

As she won't be able to hold a pen, pencil or stylus without the use of her middle finger, this is the most effective and least painful way of permanently robbing her of the ability to pursue her dream. In a way it's actually pretty merciful when you think about it, her father would probably thank you.

It should also be noted that with her finger like that she'll be unable to hold chopsticks, so you'll need to stick around and feed her yourself .
>>
Was it me or did they do TOO well with the realism of the the way the anime industry works?
>>
>>135541971
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>135541971
If it were TOO real it'd have just been all depressing
>>
>>135541998
It felt like there was nothing separating this from being a documentary on how the anime industry works. That and the first half was a straight forward process of an anime company rushing to complete a project.
>>
>>135541654
Is it worth watching for her? Decent screentime?
>>
File: 1441756744391.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441756744391.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>135542120
A decent amount, sure.
>>
>>135542120
She's one of the 5 main girls. The true main character is the girl in OP image though.

You should watch Shirobako regardless, it was probably one of the best shows that aired in the past 2 years.
>>
Does this mean there's a market for more stories about working adults?
>>
>>135542100
Well, it was obviously very fictionalized. You really, really shouldn't take Shirobako to be some kind of insider expose to the workings of the anime industry. There was a basis in reality but it was still very much fiction.

It really did a good job of making the stress and pressure of looming deadlines, the chaos of unexpected production issues, the frustration of spergy co-workers having petty squabbles and the difficulty of growing yourself as an animator in such a difficult and performance-demanding field, though. One of the criticisms I hear most often is that the show was 'too stressful'
>>
>>135542100
I think Shirobako was too lighthearted to be a 'real' documentary about the industry. It was mostly a funny slice of life show with characters in their twenties instead of high school girls.
>>
>>135542394
Please, oh please.

Why does japan have to force middleschool and highschool-settings so much? I want more anime like Shirobako, about girls in their twenties, struggling to enter the working world.
I wouldn't mind a show about cute girls studying at universities either. Or even a christmas cake slice of life.
>>
>>135542536
Teenagers remain a really important part of the market for anime, and it's easier to market something aimed at teenagers for a wider or older audience as well, than to market something aimed at an older audience back down at teenagers.

The broader your demographic appeal, the better and highschool evidently has very, very broad demographic appeal.
>>
>>135542536
>I want more anime like Shirobako, about girls in their twenties, struggling to enter the working world.
But I can see that across the street with my neighbor.
>>
>>135542536
>I wouldn't mind a show about cute girls studying at universities either.
If K-On ever got a third season this is what it would be about since the manga now focuses on the girls in Uni now.

Though with that said it's not as good as them in highschool, and forcing them into an all girls uni just feels pandery as fuck.
>>
>>135542536

Shirobako came at just the right time for me, because it aired as I was finishing College and looking for a job. I rewatched it this past Fall as inspiration.
>>
>>135542864
Subscribed.
>>
>>135542864
I was somewhat lucky. Got showered in job offers in 2nd year already.
>>
I don't know, but it was a gold mine of reaction pics
>>
>>135543212
Damn right
>>
File: Ema.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ema.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>135542120
Only good for bullying
>>
>>135542764
The original K-on manga was bland as fuck, Kyoani transformed a 3/10 show into a 10/10.
>>
>>135543382
Ema is CUTE
>>
>>135543382
Was it her in those pics of a girl eating alone and depressed in her small apartment? Not sure if I want to watch her suffering the whole show.
>>
>>135543518
She only suffers for a few episodes. After they break her fingers and she moves back home, things start looking up and it's pretty heartwarming from then on.
>>
>>135543406
I want to lick Ema's smelly and stinky unwashed body
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.