[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gifting Volume 8 Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: 54251010_p0.png (502KB, 700x878px) Image search: [Google]
54251010_p0.png
502KB, 700x878px
So even though the official release date is January 1st looks like it volume 8 was actually stocked and sold in stores on the 26th.

Here are a few spoilers I've seen from skimming through a blog. Pretty sparse, but it's decent for a summary only a few days after release.

Continues from where volume 7 left off, with Kazuma correctly guessing that Chris was Eris' human appearance.

He cooperates with her to collect sacred treasures (I assume these are the cheat items from past people transported from Japan). One of these is a set of armor that is invulnerable to physical and magical attacks, and heals the owner. Only problem being that it seems to move by itself.

At the same time he is helping Aqua set up her own Aqua festival to compete with Eris' festival. Megumin roped into it too.

Not sure of this one (I might have misread this part), but is seems like Kazuma and Aqua have a different atmosphere than their usual one. Which confuses Megumin.

Darkness involved with stuff behind the scenes, and there comes a point where they are working to save the Eris cult.

Megumin and Darkness are also acting more aggressively towards Kazuma throughout the festival. I think from the context it means romantically.
>>
File: 1451312409372.png (3MB, 1283x925px) Image search: [Google]
1451312409372.png
3MB, 1283x925px
>>135358075
In other news, looks like the site that had the Chinese translations for the series has shut down as of the 24th. The main page has a short message thanking everyone for their support, and a link to a recommended site.

However the link to the actual translations still works fine, and you can still view every translated volume.

>http://www.wenku8.com/novel/1/1657/
>>
File: dullahan.png (354KB, 980x785px) Image search: [Google]
dullahan.png
354KB, 980x785px
>>135358075
>>135358189
Also a new PV for the anime was posted today. Honestly it doesn't look all that bad in motion; though the designs still kind of suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLmPflz2pl8&ab_channel=KADOKAWAanime

And the character page on the anime site was recently updated as well. Beldia looks pretty decent.
>>
>>135358319
>0:04
Fucking Kazuma, man.
Thanks for spoilers OP.
I'm patiently waiting for the next volume to be translated.
>>
>>135358319
Nice nipple plate Beldia.
>>
>>135358319
>0:06
>Megumin eye-patch pulling scene was included

I am actually somewhat satisfied with this. While I'm usually pessimistic as hell about anything with DEEN involved, this might actually be okay. But only because it doesn't involve a lot of work animation wise to begin with. Aside from the Beldia fight and possibly the Mobile Fortress Destroyer, there isn't really any big battles to animate.
>>
File: 021240za6483ff4xz5if4a.jpg (360KB, 1345x1000px) Image search: [Google]
021240za6483ff4xz5if4a.jpg
360KB, 1345x1000px
>>135358544
Checked.

And yeah that bothered me a bit, I preferred his original armor design since it seemed pretty reasonable. Plain aside from a few emblems like an actual suit of armor may have.

Plus it seems like they added more of those dark gaps than his novel design has. Probably a way for them to make him easier to animate. Looks like of silly since it cuts out a chunk from his torso piece, and his crotch piece looks like it is hanging off of nothing.
>>
>>135358905
The armor in Gifting is great. It seems practical enough at the least and makes Darkness look even nicer when she's out of armor.
>>
>>135358189
Fucking tencent.
>>
>>135358989
I always liked that about Darkness, she's like the author's way of pointing out the unrealistic armor ideas in other series.

Like the time she removed her armor while fighting the slime because it'll only slow her down. Just a nice touch in my opinion.
>>
>>135359286
The author is surprisingly good at being practical actually. Despite this being a parody, it's actually a lot more practical in terms of design and what happens.
>>
>>135359396
Because it's a parody, the author can be more practical.
>>
>>135358075
Still waiting for all the illustrations, hopefully they talk about the demon king castle soon
>>
>>135359523
Doesn't seem like it, though the LNs are diverging from the WN quite a great deal. Kazuma doesn't figure out Eris' human identity until pretty much endgame for the WN from what I've heard.

So with him figuring it out this (relatively) early on, is pretty interesting. Though considering how many bosses there are left, they may end up going to the demon king's castle pretty soon.
>>
>>135359396
>>135359497
Despite all the comedy Gifting is actually a pretty grim world. I guess the way Wiz put it when she was pissed at Hans really drove that in.

Makes sense that it would be more practical because of that. All that silliness really just masks a massive crapsack world, it's kind of easy to forget that the premise is based on people outright refusing to reincarnate in that world due to their terrible lives and deaths.

Kind of funny how some series in this genre try really hard to be grimdark don't pull it off as well as this one; the parody.
>>
>>135358075
Thanks for spoilers and for chink link. I tought wenku was completly killed .
>>
>>135358189
So can anybody link where this illustration comes from. I've been using all the usual images searches and I've got nothing so far.

Haven't seen any of the other illustrations from volume 8 either.
>>
Is there any chink website as good as wenku? The others i found only host translations without separating them in volumes and dont have illustrations.
>>
>>135361366
I don't think so, the only one formatted nicely was Wenku. Really a shame it's kind of dead now.
>>
>>135360416
Was it 2 more or 4? I don't remember but I recall there was only 6 demon general bosses.
>>
>>135361957
>destroy only good chink website
>leave the other shitty thousand alone
Well, for the moment i will try saving pdf of what i can. Any suggestion for being faster compared to saving everything manually(other novels included)?
>>
>>135362018
There doesn't seem to be a way to download a whole volume at once from the page. So it looks like it'll be a manual copy paste sort of deal.

>>135361990
I thought there were eight bosses since there were eight barriers, at least I think that's what Wiz said.

So since Beldia, Vanir (technically), Slyvia, and Hans were taken care of. Aside from Wiz there should be three more left.
>>
>>135358075
wait so.megumin and dankness finally started beng agressive

holy shit that took a fucking while
>>
>>135361990
>>135362973
Aqua can break the barriet if onlyv2 or 3 power it. That is why they do not need to kill them all.
Plus Wiz probably stopped powering it after vol 4 events when they broke promise of notninvolving civilisns.
>>
>>135363312
It definitely took awhile, though to be fair part of the comedy in the first few volumes was how little his harem resembled a traditional anime harem.

That said from what I've read in the blog (I should note I can't read moon, so I'm using machine translator), it looks like even Aqua is started to get some development with Kazuma. Eris of course too.

Here's a link to the blog by the way if anybody who can read moon wants to check it out for themselves.

>http://natsubiyori2015.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-528.html
>>
>>135358075
>Continues from where volume 7 left off
>Kazuma and Chris are talking in the aftermath of the wedding
>Chris says she gets really busy once people start dying
>Kazuma asks if she works part time at a funeral place, and she doesn't respond
>Chris makes certain gestures that gets Kazuma thinking; gets a mischievous thought in his head
>waves goodbye to Chris
>casually says as he's leaving "By the way Eris, what are you going to do with the artifacts?"
>Chris starts to respond, saying something about sealing them and tossing them into a lake, but freezes as she realizes she responded to the name Eris

I just love this MC, can't wait to see how that continues since volume 8 seems to start off on that point.
>>
>>135364302
Man, I really need to rush now since i'm still at chapter 3 of vol.7 before the release of the new volume
>>
>>135363620
much appreciated
>>
>>135358189
Huh, guess I better read it fast before the link stops working.
>>
>>135358189
Are there a lot more Chinese readers than Japanese ones on here?
>>
>>135366295
Chinese is a lot easier to read/learn than Japanese apparently,

A lot of translators for manga and Light Novels, wait for the Chinese translations and then work from there. Doesn't guarantee 100% accuracy since the chinks might have screwed something up, but since the Japanese character system is derived from China's it's usually pretty close.
>>
So since the Chinese translations are going down, does that mean no more English TLs?
>>
>>135367975
Let's hope not. Still, skythewood translates from CN to EN so you can't deny the possibility.
>>
>>135366459
>Chinese is easier to learn than japanese
How is this possible?
I can't even make out of what people says in conversation. The kanji amount is also much crazier than japanese.
I think it's more like that most translators are Chinese. So they translate from japanese to chinese, then translate to english.
>>
It is still being translated right?
>>
>>135371309
Into what? The English translation is on skythewood, and they are on volume 5.

>>135371161
The grammar is easier for English speakers to pick up in Chinese than on Japanese. I believe that's the main reason it's referred to as easier. Though to be honest, they are both not easy to learn for English speakers, the difference in language hardly makes as big an impact on learning it as the person's commitment and ability.
>>
>>135371508
Yeah i meant English translation. I read in some recent threads that translator dropped it but i guess it's not true.
>>
>>135367975
>>135369794
Well there's probably still going to be guys translating it from Japanese to Chinese, just with a less well-made website.

They aren't known for caring much about IP laws after all.
>>
>>135358319
Kazuma's VA sounds like an asshole

i like it
>>
>>135372500
I like Kazuma because he's a good mix of being an actual scumbag and actual well meaning person. Even then it sometimes gets mixed up, like how he kept trying to sell Darkness off to the nice noble son.
>>
>>135372500
>>135373459
I like how he isn't a "misunderstood" character or something. A lot of series try to play off a jerk MC as a guy who's really nice but has a justifiable reason for being mean. Which is kind of stupid if you think about it.

Kazuma on the other hand is a legit asshole who does indeed prioritize his own life over others. But he still has a conscience and hates feeling guilty which tends to override that.
>>
>>135373623
He's actually a pretty good person though. Despite all his asshole tendencies, he tends to stand by those he trusts and loves. However for those he have just pissed him off, he's pretty much apathetic and at worst just gives up.
>>
>>135373813
>“Excuse me, is anybody there?”
>Aqua and I looked at each other and nodded at the same time…
>We sneaked to the door.
>“Is someone there… Oh, greetings sir. Are you the owner of this mansion… what, what are you doing sir! Stop…!?”
>“I don’t know where you came from, but it is probably some troublesome problems! Go back, you harbinger!”
>“Kazuma, use drain touch! Suck his life force and knock him out! Then throw him outside and pretend he never came here!!”

I like how in sync these two are when they are being dicks to someone; really makes me wish for this ship to sail for some reason.

But you make a good point. While he isn't the most selfless person around Kazuma does look out for others more often than not. He just has a decent degree of self-preservation, which is a nice change of pace in my opinion.

Aqua too, while pretty damn selfish at times, is more often than not getting into trouble because she wants to do a good thing. Which is kind of why I like her as the main heroine. She's kind of what your standard MC would do, trying to do good deals but doing so in a retarded way that only ends up making things worse.
>>
>>135373623
He is justified. His party members are retards and get him in all the troubles.
>>
File: dakunes.png (482KB, 980x785px) Image search: [Google]
dakunes.png
482KB, 980x785px
>>135358319
I was really dreading the armor designs from DEEN, but oh god the boobplate is worse than I thought it would be.

It's going to be bloody jiggling isn't it?
>>
File: 41881366_p0.jpg (352KB, 750x876px) Image search: [Google]
41881366_p0.jpg
352KB, 750x876px
>>135374163
Here's a pic from the LN cover for compare and contrast.

While kind of overdesigned (makes sense for a noble), the thing is still pretty damn practical compared to whatever the anime is trying to go for.
>>
>>135374163
What the fuck is that?
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
>>
>>135374163

DAMMIT DEEN MY LALATINA ;_;
>>
>>135374163
Darkness sucks anyway. This doesn't make her any worse than before.
>>
>>135374259

Yeah, that one for her actually looks like armor. Protection for the body, hips and even legs.

The lack of arm guards throws me off however.

>>135374163

Blatant redesign for fan service armor. Does not give the same feel of tank that she is in the LN.
>>
>>135374526
She wields a pretty large sword right? She might have ditched arm protection in favor of maneuverability for her swings.

Not that she'd hit anything in the first place though.
>>
File: 3.jpg (134KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
134KB, 800x1136px
>>135374526
The one thing that I always find funny in Gifting is the choice of clothing. Like because of all those cheaters that came before Kazuma, you get a mix of fantasy and modern day clothing. The mage was really cute I thought.
>>
>dat soundtrack on the tv cm
that sounds comfy
>>
>>135374795
>Needs more boob armor.
>>
>>135374682

Could be. Magically enchanted Silk sleeves to act like chain mail or leather? Part of her defensive ability is a combination of magic/skills too.

Of coarse a lot of it has to do with simplifying armor to make it easier to draw.

And to get a well defined boob plate for fan service.
>>
>>135374163
Is that a knight?
Looks more like a ranger to me.
>>
>>135375325
She's supposed to be a crusader/knight type.
Clearly, the anime character design leave much to be desired.
>>
>>135371309
slowly
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.