[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Brothers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Always been somewhat interested in this series and i see its been on a pretty good sale over at right stuf. Cant quite get myself to lay down the cash though since its only got 4 volumes listed and is apparently only half the series.

What do you guys think?

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Space-Brothers-Blu-ray-Collection-1-S

>Que buying anime shitposting
>>
>buying anime
It's pretty good though
And I don't think the BDs have been ripped or whatever, so you might as well.
>>
Buy it and rip it.
>>
>>134011159
Just read the manga, the anime is a mediocre adaptation.
>>
I think that's a lot of money for just 10-12 episode sets. Especially considering the series is 99 episodes.

sentai can fuck off
>>
It's a great show, despite the terrible pacing.
>>
>>134011546

I think that it is a good adaption.

Not something you would want marathon, but still.
>>
Show should only be watched with commie subs
>>
>>134011654
No idea how how someone can think that's a good, it's a lazy and low budget long advertisement for the manga, which worsened the already slow pacing of the manga and later totally fucked it up. It's mediocre and souless from any point of view.
>>
>>134011812
No idea how how someone can think that's a good adaptation*
>>
>>134011812
Soundtrack and voice acting is pretty damn good though. Well, mostly thanks to Hirata as Mutta.
>>
>>134011901
I agree about that. For such a long series the soundtrack should have had much more tracks, though.
>>
>>134011901

This, also Sawashiro as Serika and shota Mutta is just great.

Also, I liked the slow pacing of the show, it didn't felt rushed at all, which I think is good because the story needed plenty of development on the characters. I didn't care that much about animation, but it was good enough. But it is just my opinion.
>>
>>134011563
This. I love it when shit is actually happening but there is so many times we go from an interesting arc to just people sitting at a diner doing butt fuck nothing
>>
>>134011812
What? The anime was fantastic. The bad thing about it was when they were slowing down the pace to not catch up with the manga.
>>
>>134012072

In all honesty though if its written well doing nothing can still be entertaining. Hell slice of life shows rate well when much of the time its going nowhere and doing nothing.
>>
>>134012193

The only time they did that was when they did 3 recap episodes and that's because they went from a 7am slot to a 5pm slot and they needed to explain the plot the the new viewers.

All episodes were 2 chapters of manga, except the first and last episode, I think.

ALSO, BD OF THE ANIME MOVIE FUCKING WHEN?
>>
I fucking loved it up to when Mutta gets accepted, but it was pretty lackluster after that.
>>
File: 75_0.06.39.jpg (593KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
75_0.06.39.jpg
593KB, 1280x720px
>>134011563
>>134012072

Those recap episodes where a chore, though. Hooray for chapters. Also: Mutta is moe as fuck.

>>134012911

dat rushed ending. At the risk of exposing myself as a filthy tertiary, I watched the film after completing the anime, and while I expected a lot of trimming to get all the content into 2 hours, it went a bit further than the anime. It got me curious about reading the manga to see how much more stuff was sacrificed, and whether there is enough material to adapt into an episodic continuation of the anime or just an OVA or two.

What are yer thots on this, /a/?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.