[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /a/ think of Dragon Ball Super? I'm not sure why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: Childhood Ruined.jpg (138KB, 720x504px) Image search: [Google]
Childhood Ruined.jpg
138KB, 720x504px
What does /a/ think of Dragon Ball Super? I'm not sure why Videl suddenly turned to an incredibly quiet and passive woman who just sits around smiling. Vegeta, my favorite character, also turned to a bitch and is sometimes the joke of the show. It's also really odd that the anime is so similar to the movies. I'm not sure why they even bother making the movies if the anime has a really similar plot.
>>
>>133980987
Shit. ONE PUNCH MAN is much better.
>>
I have to admit I like that they stuck to their guns and didn't add eye candy. Bulma, 18, Videl are the only attractive women in the show and they're not sexualized at all. Roshi's and the elder kai's perv magazines are the only other forms of eye candy around. While I do enjoy looking at that and sometimes wish they put more in, I have to give them props for making a successful anime without needing titties everywhere so weebs can claim their waifus.
>>
>>133981348
>I have to give them props for making a successful anime
>>
>>133980987
>Videl suddenly
>suddenly
That happened the moment we moved past Gohan's shitty SoL section of the Buu Arc. The reason being if all you can do is cheer you belong on the sidelines.
>>
>>133982042
She had comments to make and she reacted to things going on around her. So far Oolong is more developed than Videl in DBS.

>A god almost destroyed the earth and she just sat there expressionless.
>Literally everyone around her reacted in some way while she pondered the meaning of life
>Chi chi broke into her house and held her hostage
>Videl just stared at her with her dead fish face
>Goku broke her wall
>Videl sat there wondering if the wall is real or if they're all in the matrix

What is this.
>>
>>133980987
Needs more fights but overall I'm enjoying the show
>>
>>133981348
>Bulma
>Not Chi-Chi
Found the manlet kek.
>>
>>133980987

I don't mind the show. And I won't care if it's shit.

Why?

Because technically, all this takes place during Dragon Ball Z. The 7 year gap between the end of the Buu saga, and the beginning of the Martial Arts tournament we see at the end of the show.

Originally, we just had to imagine what happened during those 7 years, but now we get to see it. Who cares if it's shit, i'd much rather have extra story added on to Z rather than a blank time gap with no progress made during. We know how it's going to end. This is just a bit of fun.
>>
>>133983265
I'd rather imagine it desu family.
>>
>>133983265
The reason Goten, Trunks and Gohan didnt train was for the ten years of peace.
Gohan in Super said he was to train to protect Earth and help Goku. But in the next episode they are going to forget that, the non Goku/Vegeta characters are going to be KOed by Tagoma and after that everyone is going to return to their blank state even when Earth is the prize of a bet and possibly Goku and Vegeta going to the other universes.
And they expect me to believe Goku and Vegeta's comment "They are lazy because the ten years of peace. Ha, ha, our sons sure dont understand the need of training".
>>
>>133985053
>The reason Goten, Trunks and Gohan didnt train was for the ten years of peace.

The only thing said related to that is Vegeta complaining about both having a hard time with their children, and Goku says that at least the world is at peace. "10 years of peace" are never mentioned in the manga.
>>
File: sLYVtQ6.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sLYVtQ6.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
One PUNCH Man is pretty much everything DBS should be (great modern art/animation, jokes at characters' expense that actually work, great action, etc.).
>>
Admittingly, the manga is actually pretty decent. The anime is ass.
>>
>>133985879
And Goku said that because peace meant there wasn't any danger that treated Earth.
And if we go by the epilogue, Goku visiting Bulma in Super's chapter 6 should be the last time they saw each other. So, what's Toriyama going to do in Super after the universe 6 tournament?
>>
File: FinalBattle.jpg (66KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
FinalBattle.jpg
66KB, 900x450px
It only just started and is still retelling the movies.

Once the freeza arc is over it'll get into a mutliversal tournament. And hopefully it'll make Buu and piccolo relevant again. And the 5th mystery fighter might be something good too.

Overall it's decent. Still has that nostalgic dbz feel and some of the charms of the original (like when goku punched krillin)

Give it time for original content and I'm sure it'll shine
>>
>>133986354
This is Goku and Vegeta show only, akka GT tier. GT is my expectations for Super.
>>
>>133986433
I'm not sure if you're aware but it's been leaked that Buu and Piccolo will be included in the tournament. Sure they may not be Gods but at least they're involved.
>>
>>133986535
GT also "had" other characters "fighting", but those fights were shit tier (like the fights in RoF).
>>
>>133986602
GT was also non-canon.

And I thoroughly enjoyed the b-tier fights in RoF, especially piccolos.
>>
>>133986745
>GT was also non-canon
Super's formula is the same as the GT's formula.
And RoF is heavily criticized by non-MAL and reddit. The fights were a fucking mess in terms of Piccolo has problems with a read horned dude.
>>
>>133986851
I liked them, and still have hope for the series.

And at least goku didn't get turned into a kid.
>>
>>133986901
>I liked them
>I
And that's the thing.
>>
>>133986602
Your taste is what is shit tier.
>>
>>133986602
>GT also "had" other characters "fighting", but those fights were shit tier (like the fights in RoF).

Eh? The grunts battles in RoF were shit just because they were fighting grunts without personality, but the actual animation was pretty good - in some ways even better than the Goku vs Freeza battle, since they only used CG for background grunts, never the actual fighters.
>>
>>133986296
>And if we go by the epilogue, Goku visiting Bulma in Super's chapter 6 should be the last time they saw each other. So, what's Toriyama going to do in Super after the universe 6 tournament?
We haven't heard anything about any stories post-universe 6. Super could end there, or he could just timeskip to post-end of Z. We've already had several timeskips in this post-Buu Saga material. The only problem is Goten and Trunks not aging.
>>
>>133986851
>RoF is heavily criticized by non-MAL and reddit
http://otakuusamagazine.com/Anime/News1/Dragon-Ball-Z-Resurrection-F-Review-6414.aspx
>http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dragon_ball_z_resurrection_f/
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3819668/
>>
>>133987037
They are shit.
Characters fighting jobbers because they can't touch Frieza even in his first form. That's only Goku's right. Then they threw Shisami to have some sort of suspense then made Gohan one-shot him because it's almost time for Goku pandering.
>>
>>133987135
Point proved.
>>
>>133987091
>The grunts battles in RoF were shit just because they were fighting grunts without personality
That was my point, I should explained my point.
>>133987123
According to some rumors Super is going to have 100 episodes, I doubt U6 arc is going to be that long.
>>
>>133987138
>using the word jobber wrong
>the fights are shit just because they're not fighting Freeza even though the fight choreography is great
>What? Freeza fights Goku the one he vowed revenge against and not the others, bullshit
Shit tier taste, shit tier reasons
>>
>>133987463
If I go with your excuses for RoF, then Z's fillers are a masterpiece.
>>
>>133987509
The Goku and Piccolo learning how to drive episode not a masterpiece.
>>
>>133987509
When did I say RoF was a masterpiece? Also
>Z's fillers having great fight choreography
>>
>>133987624
It had "great" choreography.
>>133987637
Some have. And can you lick less Toriyama's ass?
>>
File: laughing dai-tensai.gif (496KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
laughing dai-tensai.gif
496KB, 500x455px
>>133987953
>ad hominem
>no examples
>>
>>133980987
>I'm not sure why Videl suddenly turned to an incredibly quiet and passive woman who just sits around smiling.
She got Stepford Wives-ed
>>
>>133988122
I don't maybe the whole Garlic Jr. saga was better than RoF's plot. Hell, even Toei made a better job with the characters in the fillers (Videl is the best example).
>>
Remember back in DBZ, Videl was hot and had a fiery personality? Good times, good times.
>>
File: Videl.png (1MB, 1188x582px) Image search: [Google]
Videl.png
1MB, 1188x582px
>>133988294
Just like Toei making a better job with Bardock, they made a better job with Videl than Toriyama.
>>
File: Well.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Well.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>>133988235
>Garlic Jr. saga better than anything
>Toei doing a better job with Videl like her going full retard and trying to fight Super 17 also the filler scenes in super
>none of these two examples have anything to do with fight choreography like my post stated
>>
>>133988473
>Toei doing a better job with Videl like her going full retard and trying to fight Super 17 also the filler scenes in super
Sounds just like Videl in Z when she tried to get involved in shit pre-Buu
>>
It's meh so far.

Also, GOHAN FAGS BTFO

GOKU SAYS GOHAN ISNT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE TOURNAMENT WITH CHAPPA
>>
People take this series more seriously than Toriyama, it seems.

For the anime, aside from minor things and the unnecessary length of certain scenes and the fight itself, I thought the Beerus stuff was fine.

Don't know what to think about the Freeza stuff yet, but I'm sure it'll be fine as well. I, like most, are probably waiting for the original material to come in. I'm having fun with what it is and I think that's the goal of the show.

I don't know when I'll read the manga, though.
>>
>>133988473
And the one who's talking is some retarded with simpson memes images.
Back to >>>reddit.
>>
>>133988613
Gohan is a joke now. Chichi got what she wanted and turned him into a huge bitch that can't even touch first form freeza.
>>
>>133988473
Just curious, are you one of those niggas that claim super BoG was better than movie BoG?
If yes, then kill yourself.
>>
>>133989062
Everyone are jokes now. Piccolo can't with Shisami and they are going to lose against Tagoma, Between the memefags like retarded you replied to and Toriyama I don't know who's worse.
>>
>>133980987
>similar

The anime spent the first few eps retelling and changing the movie story line. Making parts of it obsolete.

Thats not similar, thats being fucking lazy and milking your cash cow.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.