[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yōko Kanno. Great or greatest Composer of Soundtracks in Anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 893476873456.jpg (234KB, 1335x750px) Image search: [Google]
893476873456.jpg
234KB, 1335x750px
Yōko Kanno. Great or greatest Composer of Soundtracks in Anime?
>>
A plagiarist. Not worthy of praise.
>>
Obligatory Kajiura fanboying
>>
>>133973217
This fucking meme.
Every. Single. Time.
>>
File: taku iwasaki.jpg (27KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
taku iwasaki.jpg
27KB, 351x500px
I loved Yoko Kanno until I learned of how much of a blatant plagiarist she was.
For now I'll just say: Taku Iwasaki.
That is all.
>>
I like hisaishi better but she did my favorite ost of all time, Escaflowne.
>>
Michiru Oshima for sure. You can recognise his work instantly after watching any anime which has a soundtrack composed by him. It's just so goddamn enchanting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zti3ymDi60g
>>
>>133973460
*her
>>
File: Kousaki Satoru.jpg (219KB, 452x639px) Image search: [Google]
Kousaki Satoru.jpg
219KB, 452x639px
This man is pretty good.
>>
What do people think of Natsumi Kameoka
>>
File: nekokanno.jpg (110KB, 400x339px) Image search: [Google]
nekokanno.jpg
110KB, 400x339px
>>133973177
>>
File: _75A2557.da2322a9.jpg (175KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
_75A2557.da2322a9.jpg
175KB, 1280x853px
http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2014/11/yoko-kanno-interview

"I believe there is a big difference between Japanese anime music and Hollywood film music. Hollywood needs its music to be background music which assists in the climax, but anime music is required to become a part of the film – and add to the emotions of the scene and the characters. Whether it’s climactic or not is simply a byproduct and not the goal."
>>
>>133973709
noice

>>133973833
the great thing about her music is, that is works both as utility music in Anime and as music on its own.

what i dont`t like is how often she uses made-up-languages instead of of real lyrics
>>
I assume thats a typo and you meant Kenji Kawai?
>>
File: VICL-61935_13.jpg (560KB, 1766x1374px) Image search: [Google]
VICL-61935_13.jpg
560KB, 1766x1374px
>>133974174
What I like in soundtracks is when they're unique enough to let you remember them even after you've finished watching the series/movie. There has to be a sort of interplay between the music and what your eyes see on the screen but without the soundtrack being too overbearing.

So when I listen to soundtracks by themselves afterwards, I can recall the emotions of the scene where the specific track is played while enjoying the music itself. It's rare to have anime with god-tier soundtrack and a plot that you actually give a fuck about though. Almost only movies are able to pull it off, probably due to budget and pacing (24min episode) issues?
>>
>>133974447

Pretty much she beat her head on piano keys and recorded herself screaming into a cheap microphone. Japan calls this music.
>>
>Not Shunsuke Kikuchi
>>
>woman
>best in anything
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.