[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watch with english dubs >get clinical downs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: higurashi-group.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
higurashi-group.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>watch with english dubs
>get clinical downs
>>
File: polnareff ponders.jpg (181KB, 715x475px) Image search: [Google]
polnareff ponders.jpg
181KB, 715x475px
>>133844765

Sentai Filmworks is releasing the first season of Higurashi next year...i'm wondering if they'll re-dub the whole show?
>>
File: PUNKY.png (38KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
PUNKY.png
38KB, 1024x576px
anime
>>
>>133844765
"Whered you get that popsicle, Rachel?"
>>
>>133846034
Why the fuck would they
>>
File: m bison shrugs.png (914KB, 620x849px) Image search: [Google]
m bison shrugs.png
914KB, 620x849px
>>133846379

why not?
>>
>watching higurashi
Read the fucking VN
>>
>>133846331
FIESTA
>>
File: screencap.jpg (15KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
screencap.jpg
15KB, 500x281px
>>133844765
>>watch Higurashi
>>get clinical downs

Read the VN
>>
>>133849505
>>133849586
>reading higurashi
Read umineko instead, you fucks
>>
>>133849667
No. I've seen how you guys argue and fight over the ending. It's been how many years and how many threads and you lot STILL can't agree on what actually fucking happened.

I'll stay out of your pitfall, thanks. Enjoy your decades of Seacats arguments though
>>
>>133849586
Is the VN really that much better?

What changed with the VN exactly.
>>
>>133849946
Incredible amounts of the VN were left on the cutting room floor.

Look at it one way. Most companies spend 1-2 cours adapting a route from a VN. DEEN adapted a route in 4 fucking episodes. Sometimes in just 2 episodes. You don't even get the cliff notes when watching the anime. You get a very basic plot summary.

The other major downside to the anime is the lack of internal narrative. Because each chapter of the VN is narrated by characters affected by Hinamizawa syndrome you really get a good look inside their minds as they're slowly descending into madness. All those moments are not present in the anime because you're not in any of the characters heads.

Scenes like K1 digging the shallow grave take less than 20 seconds in the anime, and leave no impression at all. In the VN it's an intensely pivotal and emotional moment that taken about 15+ minutes to read.

Watching the anime and saying you've experienced Higurashi is like saying you played Super Star Wars on SNES and experienced the whole Star Wars saga.

Oh, and the anime committed the hugest sin of not including the VN music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNVPO8ff84
>>
>>133850327
That's quite a bit actually. I finished the series recently and enjoyed it for the most part.

That would explain why the anime felt a bit empty at times. Perhaps I'll go through the VN one of these days.
>>
File: 123456787655.png (206KB, 572x447px) Image search: [Google]
123456787655.png
206KB, 572x447px
>>133849946
>What changed with the VN exactly?

Can't say, dropped it after checking out the first episode. I didn't think that I could stomach the over the top slapstick humor of the animation.

I didn't have to bear with that in the VN.
>>
>>133850327
This. Also people tend to say that Kai wasn't as bad, and while it was marginally better than the first season (not hard when they only had to adapt 2 arcs with Kai since they crammed 6 into the first season) it still manages to fuck up a lot. The entire ending of Minagoroshi-hen was changed in the anime and it kills a lot of the emotional impact. Also if I recall they rearranged the events of Matsuribayashi and made it a confusing damn mess.

>>133849770
The only ones who can't agree with what happened in the ending are goats who wanted everything spoonfed to them without having to do any critical thinking and mystery solving in a series about solving a mystery with critical fucking thinking. Higurashi is arguably a better presentation because it's more straightforward and less of a clusterfuck but Umineko has the better story and characters.
>>
>>133850327
Yeah I was wondering why Dear You was never in the anime despite hearing it before.
>>
>>133850620
They only just used it in the OVA that came out last year
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.