[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when does this mediocrity start being good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

when does this mediocrity start being good
>>
Never.
>>
>>133389170
Once you've reached an age where you've had enough negative life experiences to warrant healing. Don't worry, you'll be old enough to drive soon enough, anon; lots of new experiences are heading your way!
>>
>>133389170
It is one of those shows can that keeps getting better and better. But if you really don't like it right now I guess you just have bad taste and just drop it.
>>
>>133389264
fuck off you autistic manchild

>>133389313
cool setting doesn't excuse uninspired SoL plot and unfunny humor that is sometimes borderline ARA ARA annoying

This is literally 6/10 at best and you'd have to be crazy to think otherwise
>>
If you don't like it by now, just drop it.

No harm, no foul.
>>
File: 1429038175235.jpg (20KB, 255x256px) Image search: [Google]
1429038175235.jpg
20KB, 255x256px
>>133389170
I thought season one was a pretty enjoyable SoL from the start, but it didn't really click with me until season two.

You know how people ironically talk about how NNB is a legitimate masterpiece of anime? That's how I genuinely felt about Aria after watching season two.
>>
>>133389554
I don't think all of those people are saying it ironically.

How much you enjoy NNB probably depends on how nostalgic you are for your childhood. Aria has a broader appeal, I think.
>>
>>133389554
>You know how people ironically talk about how NNB is a legitimate masterpiece of anime?
NNB is a legitimate masterpiece
>>
>>133389554
NNB is better than Aria, though.
>>
Is there a more polarizing subgenre of anime than iyashikei?

It seems like some people get it and some just don't
>>
File: meemgirl.png (156KB, 491x523px) Image search: [Google]
meemgirl.png
156KB, 491x523px
Non Non Biyori = ARIA > Legend of the Galactic Heroes > Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
Once you get the real beauty of life into the simplicity of things
>>
>>133389759
why do you assume I don't enjoy it
>>
>>133389759
It's also pretty awkward, because not all healing shows appeal to everyone.

I find Hidamari Sketch pretty dull, but NNB makes me cry like a bitch.
>>
>>133389806
This was not so much about your OP post but a general question that didn't deserve it's own thread.
>>
>>133389839
Same here. I generally like iyashikei but there`s a lot of good ones that just didn't click with me.
>>
>>133389839
>I find Hidamari Sketch pretty dull, but NNB makes me cry like a bitch.
the only redeemable thing about Hidamari are the Shaft visuals, it is dull
>>
If you didn't like it where you are now, you will never like it.
>>
>>133389661
>How much you enjoy NNB probably depends on how nostalgic you are for your childhood. Aria has a broader appeal, I think.
I think NNB has a broader appeal because I think childhood is the best, most fun section of most peoples' lives.
>>
ARIA is more overrated here than EVA.
>>
>>133389505
The first two seasons are pretty boring, it doesn't start getting good until halfway through Origination.
>>
>>133389913
Also because the pastoral setting is a nice bit of escapism. If iyashikei is all about escaping to a simpler place and a simpler time and rediscovering some simple but essential truth, then I can't think of many places better than that idyllic countryside.

You can come home after a long day of whatever it is you do, open up a random episode of NNB, close your eyes and just be enveloped by the sound of birds chirping, insects buzzing, a gentle summer's breeze blowing through rolling hills of lush grass and trees and the faint trickle of a nearby stream. You open your eyes and the first thing you see is this soft green, like a baby's blanket, spread across the countryside and a clear blue sky completely unobstructed as it stretches to the horizon

It lets me leave the city behind completely for a little while and that's just an experience I can't compare.
>>
>>133390107
I used to live in the sticks as a kid and I can tell the author did too. NNB nails the vibe of childhood life in the country.
>>
>>133390107
maybe I should just drop Aria and rewatch NNB instead
>>
>>133390608
>Not getting all the way through to at least Origination.

Blasphemy, that's the only really good Aria season.
>>
>>133389978
>more overrated here than EVA
Impossible, nothing can be more overrated than Eva
>>
File: aria snow.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
aria snow.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
>>133389170
Aria is a masterpiece from beginning to end.
>>
>>133389170
Go back to watching your GARbage you ADHD faggot.
>>
>>133390734
Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong are more overrated than Eva by /a/.
>>
>>133391108
Are EVAfags really this jaded?
>>
never gets good. whenever it has the chance to do something, the cats get in the way and fuck everything up again.
>>
>>133391108
tatami galaxy and ping pong aren't overrated in the first place
>>
>>133391143
Evangelion literally completely reinvented anime and shook the industry to the core with its revolutionary, profound content. Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong are just pretentious drivel with minuscule impact to match their minuscule sales.
>>
>>133390657
Origination was the best but every episode of Aria was top tier in it's own way. And If you don't like the first season don't even bother with the rest, Origination is only so great because it builds upon the other two seasons so well.
>>
I didn't like Aria much at the second episode either.
The only reason I ended up watching past that was because I kept opening the episode to listen to the part where AQUA plays at the beginning.

Anyway, the first season isn't that great because it's mostly introducing the characters and stuff, but it really picks up at the end, and then Natural is amazing, and Origination is a masterpiece.
So, uhh, stick with it.
>>
>>133391231
Jesus fuck the only one pretentious here is you
>>
>>133391231
>thinking sales matter
>muh revolutionary anime
sad
>>
>>133391209
You know what aren't overrated? The shift and period keys.
>>133391162
Aria-sachou is a fucking boss. Say that to my face and not online fucker.
>>
>>133389170

If this series doesn't calm you down and make you want to unwind by laying your weary head on Alicia's lap and taking a nap, then there is nothing I can do for you. You are an unfortunate and broken human being.
>>
Just waiting for the BDs before I watch this desu.
>>
i liked the manga, its up there with yotsubato for me, but somehow i cant stand the anime.
And his new manga about the divers feels forced sometimes.
>>
Why do all the names start with A?
>>
>>133389170
Never it's just overrated by a bunch of noisy autists just like NNB.
Even tamayura is better.
>>
>>133393308
>Never it's just overrated by a bunch of noisy autists just like NNB.
The sincerity of your post is still plausible here.
>Even tamayura is better.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand there goes said plausibility.
>>
File: 1422988636254.jpg (717KB, 874x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1422988636254.jpg
717KB, 874x1280px
>>133389170
When you open your heart.

Or read the manga.

Or get to Origination.
>>
I don't know why but I found the manga more engaging. Only watched the first season then switched over to the manga. It got better and more engrossing as it went, and I understand the anime is the same
>>
It didn't click with me either. Every episode felt lifeless and dull, even for a SoL. Each character's "quirk" got annoying after awhile.
Dropped it halfway into Natural, may pick it back up later and force myself up to Origination.
Tamayura is one of my favorite anime though. I was disappointed that I couldn't get into Aria as much as other people.
>>
File: akari-sip.png (414KB, 705x528px) Image search: [Google]
akari-sip.png
414KB, 705x528px
Natural > Origination > Animation
>>
>>133394228
Aria = Aria = Aria
>>
>>133394090
Tamayura's 1st TV season is a masterpiece of SoL, I'd rank it right next to Origination.

Too bad More Aggressive dropped the bomb and got too sappy and sentimental for its own good. It has its great moments, but it doesn't nail the perfect comfyness that Hitotose brought.
>>
Should have had more of a focus on them getting their boat licenses or whatever instead of just at last minute.
>>
>>133395303
>Too bad More Aggressive dropped the bomb and got too sappy and sentimental for its own good.
I'm glad that it's not just me who sees this.
>>
>>133395303
I didn't really notice it when I was watching it, but in retrospect it was a lot more sappy and sentimental.
I'm just content with getting a 4 part movie finale myself.
>>
File: 021-022.jpg (599KB, 1662x1200px) Image search: [Google]
021-022.jpg
599KB, 1662x1200px
>>133393507
the manga is like 10 times better.
>>
>A buh wuh where my tits and robots buh buh wuh
>>
File: cheers.png (67KB, 239x247px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.png
67KB, 239x247px
>>133395963
>best chapter
My nigga.
>>
File: grand theft gondola.jpg (605KB, 1000x1212px) Image search: [Google]
grand theft gondola.jpg
605KB, 1000x1212px
>>133389170
If you finish the first season and don't enjoy it at all then you should stop. I didn't really get it until around the tenth episode. The second season is slower than the first. The third season is fantastic though.
>>
Its a show about boats?
>>
File: my tears won't stop.png (191KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
my tears won't stop.png
191KB, 500x284px
>>133399797
ye
>>
Akari was way cuter in animation than in natural.
>>
>>133400877
akari is never not cute
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.