[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you honestly think you could have been a better Ava pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (39KB, 335x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 335x399px
Do you honestly think you could have been a better Ava pilot than Shinji at age 14?
>>
File: total badass.jpg (42KB, 530x805px) Image search: [Google]
total badass.jpg
42KB, 530x805px
Of courshe
>>
Think about it. If you are scared of heights it's already a done deal. No pay. Asuka bitching at you 24/7. Dad hates you. Assuming you have his sync lv you would feel nearly all the pain the Ava does. And many many more things.
>>
>>133116734
>Ava

Yeah, I'd fuck those Angles up
>>
>>133116734
>Ava

I can't be the only one who thinks it must be fantastic to pilot an Abba.
>>
>Ava
Nope.
>>
>>133116873
Idk man maybe if you were trained from a young age like Asuka. But imagin your 14 old self getting asked to get in a huge robot and fight a giant Demond looking monster that wants to kill you. Oh and you see the last person that attempted this being carried away full of blood.
>>
Maybe.

Probably not.
>>
>>133116734
>Ava
Oh that's embarrassing OP, just delete your thread now.
>>
>>133116734
I could have been a better anything than Shinji at age 14. I could have given bitch mode Asuka the finger and watch her get wet with desire for someone that has no interest in her narcissistic ass.
>>
>Everyone hates Shinji because they hate themselves
>>
File: 1445835776253.gif (2MB, 495x308px) Image search: [Google]
1445835776253.gif
2MB, 495x308px
>>133116734
Nobody on /a/ has anything to lose or live for so of course they would.
>>
>>133117176
Well I doubt anybody would get in a roller coaster that has a fifty percent chance of killing you so why the hell would they Step inside a Eva?
>>
My bad (EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA EVA) sry for the title.
>>
File: 1392335888981.jpg (951KB, 1311x932px) Image search: [Google]
1392335888981.jpg
951KB, 1311x932px
>>133117277
For the cute girls.
>>
>>133117277
You don't get to fight giant monsters in a faulty rollercoaster.
>>
>>133116873
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>133116734
It's ABBA, anon.
>>
File: 1350522489290.jpg (50KB, 573x960px) Image search: [Google]
1350522489290.jpg
50KB, 573x960px
>>133116930
14 year old me:
>giant robots fuck yeah
>lol what a blood covered faggot
>I'm gonna pilot this gay nigger into some assholes
>lol get rekt angel scrub I'ma tbag this dead bitch
>fuck i'm awesome
>>
>>133117373
What in saying is if you wouldn't even ride a very unsafe roller coaster at age 14 with a 50 percent chance to die. How could you expect your 14 year old self to get into a robot and fight an Monster with 0 experience. That's even more suicidal than the damn roller coaster.
>>
I'd probably get in the robot and maybe die instead of not and die for sure, but no way would I be that composed about it after it shattered its restraints.
>>
I was a horny fuck back then, i could have saved earth at least 10 times
>>
File: zerker.png (677KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zerker.png
677KB, 1280x720px
>>133117512
>What in saying is
Didn't miss your point by a single mark bud, I just don't agree with you.
>That's even more suicidal than the damn roller coaster.
If you're just an ignorant kid and that's what someone tells you to do, especially an authority figure, you do it. With all the 'you're the only one who can' and 'to save the world, Shinji' going on, how could anyone not be conflicted and have no choice but to pilot in the end?
>could I do it
More than likely not, but I would have tried harder than Shinji did his first time. I just wish I knew how to into berserk mode. Pic related.
>>
As a kid, I wanted nothing more than to jump into the Power Rangers giant robots and fight monsters. That was at 8, mind you. By the time I had hit 14, I'd seen a plethora of different mecha shows and loved every one. Even now my fascination for giant mecha exist, at age 20. Now, 6 years ago, I honestly believe I would've have signed up, jumped in board, and piloted the fuck out of the EVA, if NERV told me it was a giant robot and I was fighting aliens from outer space.
>>
>>133117492
so you're 14
>>
Probably, but only because I had a relatively stable home at that age and was at least partially emotionally mature, moreso than shinji, at least.

Not that I'd have wanted to be.
>>
>>133117277
>get in the robot
>50% chance to die

>don't get in the robot
>world ends, 100% chance to die

Even my 14 year old self could do basic math.
>>
Yes, and try to show asuka' that im better than her.
>>
>>133117780
>'you're the only one who can' and 'to save the world, Shinji'

I know there are reasons, but "Why me?" is a pretty justified question for an untrained adolescent to ask after passing professional military to enter the city. If your dad makes a superweapon operable only by child conscripts, you deserve to know if he's retarded or not.
>>
No because my soul isn't aligned with Yui
>>
yes but i would have fucked up harder everything because i am autist
>>
>>133117780
His father told him to go home he didn't hafto do it. I bet one out of every two million kids would be able do it. Most wouldn't even get in the damn thing. The others would pass out or freeze in terror after seeing the Angel.
>>
>>133118119
>untrained
He had hours beforehand to study that NERV book that had nothing to do with the robot, that's more than enough training. Are you implying that wouldn't be enough for you?
Step it up sempai.
>>
Nah, my sync ratio is 60-70% max
>>
>>133118236
>I bet one out of every two million kids would be able do it.
Do what? Get in the robot, take two steps and get your ass handed to you? Or kill the Angel? Because I bet a hell of a lot more than one in two million would do the former rather than totally pussying out.

Remember that in third world countries they give kid's automatic rifles and cocaine and say 'here's the front line' and enough of them survive to form a literal child army. The trauma you experience from one isn't immensely different from the other to someone who has lived a normal ignorant life up until then.
>>
>>133116734
>chuuni age
Fuck yeah I would.
>>
>>133118293
Lolololol you're trying to say your noob sync ratio would already be as good as Rei? I'd give you 15% on a good day
>>
>>133118517
>Lolololol
>facebook tier meme image
>noob
What the fuck are you doing.
>>
>>133118570
Whatever I want. go make your own Evangelion thread.
>>
>>133118391
Dude you gotta think those kids are fighting with other kids and adults. In that robot it's just you and the Angel.
>>
>>133118391
In war whenever there is one man left unless he's a fucking navy seal or spec ops. He will naturally surrender. Dog pact syndrome doesn't apply when there is nobody to impress.
>>
>>133117847
tbqh this thread was underage bait from the start. Only an adult with adult logic and adult fears would say no, but only underage 14-18 y/o would say yes, thinking they are invincible from their computer screens.
>>
>>133116734
>mommie giant robot dues ex plot device
>rei clone saving your ass
>gay boy friend to the rescue

literally playing easy mode
>>
>>133116734

In actual combat, Shinji's a good pilot. Yeah, he goes berserk, but he destroys the angel nonetheless. I don't know if I have that kind of natural combat ability.

That said, I think I'd be an easier person to work with than Shinji. At age 14, I wanted to feel special and important so knowing the entire world depended on me getting into the goddamn robot? I'd be all for it.
>>
>>133117824

It's one thing to like the idea of it, it's another to be willing to do it. If you were really passionate about driving giant mechs, you'd have joined the military.
>>
Lot of bullshit bravado in this thread.

Unless all of you manly, heroic faggots have been in the military and have seen legitimate action (and this would have to have been at age 14 mind you) or been faced with an equally mentally stressful situation then you all need to sit the fuck down.
>>
>>133119863
>currently in the Army, as a tank crewman
You were saying, anon? I know I will never get the chance to pilot a giant robot in this lifetime, so I went with the next closest thing.
>>
>>133116734
I think I might be okay as in not dying, but only because mom's soul in the Eva. She is the strong will so worst comes to worst Berserk mode guaranteed
>>
>>133117176
Who let SHAFT animate Eva?
>>
File: Top wo Nerae!.jpg (88KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Top wo Nerae!.jpg
88KB, 960x540px
>>133116734
The me who knows the plot would do better than Shinji, But If it were me without knowing anything about evangelion i don't think so.
>>
>>133120406
Which army are you part of? Hopefully not the one that dies for Israel.
>>
File: 1372478318730.jpg (77KB, 652x432px) Image search: [Google]
1372478318730.jpg
77KB, 652x432px
>>133116734
Nah, I'd be a shitty pilot.
I'd also refuse to kill Kaworu and allow him to impregnate my boipussy with angel babies.
Humanity is overrated anyway.
>>
File: son of 01.jpg (195KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
son of 01.jpg
195KB, 1440x1080px
>>133119771
I'd post smug for attributing the berserks to Shinji except he was still effective when it was him driving and he probably would bite if he had controls for the mouth.
>>
>All this delusion

Maybe in your room while playing with your toys you'd like to think you could fight giant evil monsters.

You ever seen a kid being forced to shoot a gun? Just a normal kid who doesn't really know much about fighting and never threw a punch.

They're usually in tears by the end.

That level of violence in real life is too much for a real teenager to handle.
>>
>>133123294
In my case all the foundations for my current self was already there when i was 14. That point is where i started to die inside.
>>
>>133116734

>Do you honestly think you could have been a better Ava pilot than Shinji at age 14?
I wouldn't have had all the baggage of my mother being dead and my father being an asshole. And while I wouldn't have wanted to do it, I would have accepted it to try and save the world.

But its all pointless anyway. Since the only person who could fulfill the plot was Shinji. He needed a direct connection to his mothers soul to pilot Eva 01. Let alone all the crap in End of Eva.
>>
>>133123294
>You ever seen a kid being forced to shoot a gun?
Libshit propagandists plz go. Now, if you mean shoot someone like they show in those child soldier documentaries. Yeah, but just shooting a gun at a target ain't no biggie. unless the gun kicks like a mule, in which case they shouldn't be firing it, and they have irresponsible parents.
>>
>>133123294

>You ever seen a kid being forced to shoot a gun?
Yeah. And he killed his teacher.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 299x169px
>>133123954
Don't you mean sensei you silly goose. This is /a/ after all.
>>
>>133117373

They're not my giant monsters.
>>
File: autistic.jpg (160KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
autistic.jpg
160KB, 1440x1080px
Yes.
I'm a different kind of autistic.
>>
>>133119691
Nigga the question was if we would have been a better Eva pilot at age 14. I don't know about you, but when I was 14 I would have literally gone "fuck yeah giant robots niggas woo let's kill some giant monsters". That right there already makes me a better pilot than Sir Bitch-a-lot.

Assuming I had massive daddy issues and hated my father like he did I would have planned to kill the angel and then use my brand new giant fucking robot to smash his face in.

How I was at 14 doesn't change no matter how old I get.
>>
I was literally Shinji when I was young so I would've been just as good.
>>
No doubt.
>>
>>133123294
>being this delusional
shouldn't you be driving your sheltered betababies to soccer practice about now? I used to take my younger brothers paintballing and let them use my airsoft guns to shoot targets (with supervision of course). I'm not even talking 14, I'm talking 11 years old. Kids love that shit.

If I were to have taken them to a shooting range with some real handguns I'm sure they would have been a bit more nervous when firing, but nobody would have been crying.

Kids aren't as fragile as you or Anno seem to believe, especially not nowadays where most of them grow up playing video games.
>>
File: TADAIMA~.jpg (61KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
TADAIMA~.jpg
61KB, 480x480px
>>133116734
>Ava
>>
I used to say no just because I thought it was the mature answer. But now I think most boys could do an okay job provided the machine acutally moves.

A lot of boys really need a cause bigger than themselves or they get restless. So many guys, even on this board, are just wasting away wishing for someone to scoop them up and give them a purpose in life. Shinji is pretty lucky to have a meaningful existence fall into his lap.

Yeah, Shinji has got a rough deal with his cunt dad and all the other people he works with, but the Eva program would have done a lot of anons good if they had the same opportunity.
>>
>>133130964
Shinji handles the situation pretty well too, honestly. He really only has significant problems for the first 6 episodes, and then handles piloting very well until he's forced to nearly murder one of his friends.
>>
>>133122588
United States. I'm a crewman for the M1Abram A2 SEP. Shit's pretty cash; it takes a lot to punch one open, and most sand people don't have the armaments to do it. Also, what do you mean, die for Israel?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.