[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we ever going to see her being useful? For the person with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 21

Are we ever going to see her being useful? For the person with the huge war machine her track record so far has been terrible.
>>
>>133048212
Who cares? We need more Flolaytia.
>>
>>133048212
>the huge war machine [that is designed to perform at a substandard level in every terrain]
Don't blame her. Blame the shitty writing.

The thing about this show that got me to take a break was when the nuclear weapon hit the weakest part of the object (the guns) and for some reason they all survived.
>>
File: weg heavy object.png (968KB, 1517x520px) Image search: [Google]
weg heavy object.png
968KB, 1517x520px
>>133048212
Who cares when she's a hot piece of jailbait ass?
>>
>>133048273
That picture is very accurate.
Its also why I like the show, just two bros doing missions together and dicking around in between.
>>
>>133048212
Her YAHOO moment in the latest episode was useful for my semi-cognitive dick. Good enough
>>
>>133048212
Well she is fighting with an outdated, jack-of-all trades-master-of-none, object.
>>
>>133048212
>Are we ever going to see her being useful? For the person with the huge war machine her track record so far has been terrible.

No, the higher ups intentionally put her up against opponents she can't beat in an attempt to kill off the 2 iditos
>>
>>133048448
I wonder if she was there at the end of volume 1.
>>
>>133048212
She's a girl in a LN adaptation.
>>
>>133048539
The correct response.
>>
>>133048448
I'm tempted to ask if this is actually a thing, but knowing this show it is.
>>
>>133048212
For me the question is when will get to see other Heavy object Qt
>>
>>133048212
I do wonder if its just because of a bad machine or she's just a terrible pilot.
>>
>>133048610
This intro already shows another blonde with huge tits in a pilot suit.
So probably. I always wonder who the pilots of the objects the MC and his friend destroy are. Do we not see them because they aren't cute girls?
>>
>>133048269
Yeah, if it survived one nuke just barely, a 2nd would have done it in. And you can't tell me it can track an ICBM dropping in at supersonic speeds.
>>
At least she's cute.
>>
The real Heavy Objects in this show are all the giant tits on the girls.
>>
This is a Gary Stu wankfest from the man who created the biggest Gary Stu of all time. Do you REALLY think MC's love interest is going to be EVEN REMOTELY useful?
>>
File: 3475.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3475.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
I'm fine with just Frolatiya teasing and Qwenthur being a bro.
>>
>>133048609
It is. I can't remember which volume number, it was either 4 or 6, but all the way up to it, they are being put up against things they simply shouldn't be able to beat, at all. At the end of said volume, they pretty much just get considered as a actual war asset, because they get dumped somewhere, where there is nothing for them to destroy, yet they still mange to somehow destroy shit

>>133048690
>And you can't tell me it can track an ICBM dropping in at supersonic speeds.

They can
>>
File: 浩樹-300x300.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
浩樹-300x300.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>133048795
>Can shoot a nuke doing Mach10 out of the sky in a fraction of a second
>Can't manage to shoot Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb walking on foot
>>
>>133048212
She looks pretty useful in the image, OP.
>>
>>133048750
That would be Gary Stu at Magic High School, not Touman. I would place Touman 3rd behind Kirito as well.
>>
>>133048882
The guy who wrote it doesn't have the first idea about how weaponry or physics work.
That should be obvious.
>>
>>133048631
Both, the former being a bigger problem in head to head fights the second being worse for all this operating they're doing.
She didn't even know what the weapon code was before she pulled it up and probably didn't realize there was even a second option.

Also why didn't they just have her switch to counter clockwise movement when they realized it could only go clockwise?
>>
>>133048212
Ange?
>>
>>133048212
She's just being used as fodder by the Legitimacy Kingdom because her Baby Magnum is just a First-Gen Model, compared to the most of the objects in the current timeline which are Second-Gen Models. Second-Gen models are specialized objects for a specific terrain, having an immense advantage against an all-around object with no real weaknesses or strengths. She's bound to lose all the time, and that's where Quenser and Heivia come to play.

But eventually in the later volumes, she actually gets the job done, only except when her object gets destroyed early.
>>
>>133048273
Stick to the template for WEG, damnit. It's not hard.
>>
>>133049395
Do they ever explain why they had another obsolete Baby Magnum ready to go when hers was destroyed in Alaska? The book made it sound like luck that they happened to have one almost done, but why were they building it in the first place?

Also, do the elite pilots ever retire, or are they expected to keep going until they don't eject in time?
>>
>>133050714
>why were they building it in the first place?
It might make sense to equip a few secondary forces with gen1 machines so that they can be easily deployed in a variety of places.

Of course, this is nonsense. The long-range transport of an object would be prohibitively expensive, time-intensive and awkward in general. But that's probably handwaved along with so many other issues.

>This is a first gen object. It's inferior to specialized ones.
>It doesn't need camouflage because nothing can hurt it anyway.
>>
Why didn't they use submarines against Tri-core?
>>
>>133048882
>mach 10
>not mach 20
>>
I find this anime strangely amusing.
The girls and the mecha are completely irrelevant, this is a story of Qwenthur and Havia going on misadventures.
>>
>>133051946
This.
I don't really care for the girls (besides Frolaytia when she's sexy)
I just want to see two bros giving hilarious commentaries in the middle of a battlefield.
>>
>>133051032
Maybe they have a force of 1G Objects in reserve that can be flexibly redeployed anywhere to act as support for more permanently stationed 2G Objects.

Or maybe it's a 1G object because it's a narrative tool to be used to be able to dump the main cast anywhere in the world.
>>
>**1,798位/**1,651位 (***,127 pt) [*,**2予約] Heavy Object
>>
>>133052013
Good
>>
>>133052013
>heavy stuff at the bottom
No surprise here.
>>
>>133048750
This post highlights how every word loses its meaning on /a/
>>
>>133052013
Maybe now they'll make Index 3
>>
Sure, I can believe that they would be lax with personnel given how objects fight but the first arc is fucking retarded.

You saw how many maintenance staff they had for the Baby Magnum, even when it wasn't sortied. With the Water Strider in combat that day and about to return for maintenance, there should be at least 1-2 dozen staff wandering that fucking building. And a paper book labeled MAINTENANCE in big words with all that talk about confidential data?

And those two are just yammering at almost shouting voices to each other while running around the facility?
>>
When is Quensar going to give her the dick?
>>
Man I fucking love bullshit physics
>>
>>133053588
And apparently they never get anything other than emergency rations.
Why doesn't a military base that big have a canteen?
>>
Not to mention, while Objects may be fast, there aren't that many of them. The idea that combined-arms would be abandoned immediately instead of switching over to specops missions against production and maintenance facilities is stupid.

Or just drop missiles on the facilities after they go out to sortie. They can't be everywhere.
>>
>>
>>133052013
It's a good thing this show is really low budget then, if you haven't noticed.

A main cast of 3.5 where the majority of the rest are nameless mooks if/when they rarely appear. Objects are really simple to model, stock explosions, low-budget synth BGM etc.
>>
Well, the HQ guys are trying to get them killed. See, the problem with them having destroyed something they really shouldn't have been able to is that now, other people are getting the idea they they too could take an Object down. And they are all failing horribly, but they are dragging battles on, and increasing casualties on both sides, since people are getting killed trying to sabotage the Objects, and people are getting killed protecting it. The high point is when they dump those two on an island with nothing to fight, and they SILL manage to blow something up.
>>
>>133053953
Don't go into technical details. Otherwise you'd have to explain dozens of completely new technologies were put on hold and then later released in one great batch (objects) instead of updating the tanks and other weaponry that was currently being deployed.
>>
>>133054306
Cost of a human life:
2.5 million dollars at the most (IIRC)
Peasants are significantly cheaper.

Cost of an object:
Several billion dollars at the least.

Sabotage is a very sensible strategy, even if the odds of success are close to 0.
>>
>>133048539
Exactly. Don't forget that editors go out of their way to make the heroine shittier in the final release of the work.
>>
>>133054306
Wrong. HQ wants them killed because war and building Objects is an industry.
If word gets out that two guys can take out an Object (with optional backup from another), that could disrupt the industry.
>>
>>133054453
I was under the impression that the ones building and selling the Object were the group of children who want everyone to kill each other, not he ones waging wars.
>>
>>133054025
Now those are some Heavy Objects
>>
>>133048212
The only good thing about this show.
>>
>>133052001
Coincidentally, it is.
>>
>>133048273
Underrated post, this is accurate as fuck
>>
>>133048212
Is she a tomboy?
>>
>>133058091
no
that's her only clothes in her wardrobe
she doesn't even know what a swimsuit is
>>
>>133053588
That building was a storehouse for spare parts that get transported to the maintenance hangar when the parts are needed, not the actual maintenance hangar where the maintenance staff hangs around. The lazy chucklefucks didn't even bother guarding it because they were lazy chucklefucks who couldn't imagine someone with the knowledge to read an Object maintenance book would sneak into their base and be properly able to sabotage their Object by finding a part that was going to be used next time, then removing a tiny sensor from the incredibly complex machine in order to fool it into thinking an explosion from inside meant that there was damage worth self-destructing for. They were properly punished for their thinking that all other soldiers were lazy chucklefucks like them, and they never thought a person with technical knowledge of Objects would be an infiltrator, because that sort of person would not typically be a combatant (and Quenser is not an actual combatant).
>>
Am I the only one that thinkd the series OP is very catchy?
>>
File: 1399530519494.png (68KB, 325x422px) Image search: [Google]
1399530519494.png
68KB, 325x422px
>>133060946
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit my brother. too bad the ED is subpar
>>
>>133060946
HEY BROTHER YOU READY FOR A FIGHT
>>
>>133060946
I love the first half of it, but the second half sort of makes me stop paying much attention to it, although I feel that it is by no means bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 1600x900px
>>133048212
Her sole purpose is to look cute and breed.
>>
>>133061012
Too bad still no op or ed torrent
>>
>>133061212
Fuck off, streamfag.
>>
>>133060946
It's a great OP. HEY BROTHER!
>>
>>133048212

Who needs a good track record when you wear a suit like that?
>>
>>133048750
I sure would want to be Touma, a broken hollow shell of a person whose only joy in life is sniffing his pet fairy.
>>
>>133053953
Its entirely possible that there was a phase of that kind - but in the face of the Object, all such attempts met with failure and people eventually gave up on it.

What people don't really realize is that Heavy Object takes place ~50 years after Objects first appeared.

It aslo doesn't help that its heavily implied that the advent of Objects was the result of an international conspirisy.

>Or just drop missiles on the facilities after they go out to sortie.
A valid enough tactic, but you'd need to bring a lot of fire power.

Those things are basicaly mobile fortresses.

Besides which it would be a violation of the idea of a Clean War that everyone loves so much, so you'd be expecting a fatal retalitaory strike.

>>133054337
I'm pretty sure they were being upgraded.

Objects were just a platform that included dozens of each type of weapon with the latest upgrades and scaled up to about 50x the size and/or power.
>>
>>133053953
Treaties everywhere.
Violate one, the other 3 superpowers, each roughly equal in military strength to your own, retaliate with the same methods.
>>
>>133054337
Object Power Reactors and Object Armor explain the way everything nearly instantly centralized on Objects.
>>
>>133048269
>this thing is too big to beat! nobody ever wins without another one!
>what if we just destroy supply/maintenance station?
>FUCKING GENIUS HAVE MY BABIES

Really?
Military of ENTIRE world is this retarded and unversed in tactics?
>>
>>133048273
This is disturbingly accurate
>>
>>133063967
50 years of glorified jousting with big balls will do that to most soldiers.
>>
>>133064059
Generals in World Wars employed old tactics from artefacts known as books.
I guess that in that timeline generals learn warfare from anime.
>>
>>133063967
>destroy the stations guarded by the Objects
Good luck. Only way you can do that without dying horribly is to do it while the Object is out and occupied with fighting another Object, which is still a huge risk because either Object could win at any time, meaning your force still has the possibility get slaughtered. Not to mention that a forceful attack will be noticed and retaliated against. It's not the same as two or three people infiltrating where the limited number of people means that they can sneak past the defenses more easily. And if your infiltration team is caught before accomplishing its objective, you're fucked.
>>
>>133064217
Quenser is not a general.
Hime is not a general.
There is not a single general in the entire show who doesn't want war to stay the way it is.
>>
>>133063522
>I'm pretty sure they were being upgraded.
I'm pretty sure that not, because otherwise the first objects would have been blasted to pieces.
Offense has vastly outgrown defense. A defense that can withstand an all-out attack without so much as a scratch is a defense that is technologically simply on a completely different level.
When you send tanks against modern infantry, those infantry may very well take your tanks apart with antitank rocket launchers.
The narrative of the anime also makes it clear that it isn't just the thickness (size) of the object that makes it so impenetrable, but that it is structured very differently on a molecular level.

So, they were playing Civilization, except the team that got the head-start on science apparently decided to go with a weapon that shouldn't really work. Its design has some insane flaws, weight being one of them, and I'm pretty sure heat being another, and that's not even getting into tactical flaws like the exposed situation of the guns.
>>
>>133064258
Objects can't be in two points at once.

Shit
SAS was known from sabotaging entire enemy force while soldiers were gone to canteen.
This is future by the way so a glider drone strike would fuck it up beyond belief.
>>
>>133063746
Why is neither of those adaptable to different kinds of weaponry?
>>
>>133064318
>There is not a single general in the entire show who doesn't want war to stay the way it is.
They don't like winning?
>>
>>133064460
Size, mainly

The Object reactor is fuckhuge and cannot be scaled down.
The Object armor only works if you use lots of layers of it.
>>
>>133064516
That would still make ships more viable than land-based supersized soccer balls.
>>
>>133064258
If your objects are tied up defending their own bases, they are useless for your war efforts.
>>
>>133050714
>ready to go
That 2nd arc was months after Alaska.
>>
>>133064553
Ships only work in the water, they're ships.
1st Generation Objects fundamentally work everywhere.

Ships are also slow.
There is nothing that protects against an Object main cannon, leaving dodging as your only option.
Good luck having a ship agile and big enough that it can dodge Object fire.
>>
>>133064394
>exposed situation of the guns.
This makes the least sense.
We learned in WWII that one big gun beats multiple smaller guns in tank design.
Big units are generally not worth it and everyone always tries to make them small enough while carrying big enough gun.

Heavy O would always be far more effective as single gun hidden in shell while around 50% smaller to avoid detection and hits and deployed in bigger numbers.
>>
>>133063967
Ever played any MMO?

Do never understimate the retardeness of metafags.
>>
>>133048273
>Who cares when she's a hot piece of jailbait ass?

So defensive

What's wrong with her being useful?
>>
>>133063967
If you destroy the maintance base but fail to destory the Object, you're fucked sixways to sunday as the Object slaughters you and your men.

And then the equipment is replaced and the Object returns alot more vigilent against that sort of attack, reducing the chance of success from "possible" to "incredibly unlikely"
>>
>>133051946
>I find this anime strangely amusing.
>The girls and the mecha are completely irrelevant, this is a story of Qwenthur and Havia going on misadventures.
>>133051984
>This.
>I don't really care for the girls (besides Frolaytia when she's sexy)
>I just want to see two bros giving hilarious commentaries in the middle of a battlefield.

And those are the reason this series is failing big time

Good lord, even the otaku can pick out how bullshit the girls are treated
>>
>>133064647
>Ships only work in the water, they're ships.
Ships outfitted with railguns can ruin more than just your coastal areas.
>1st Generation Objects shouldn't work anywhere at all
ftfy
But anime physics, so whatever.

>Ships are also slow.
Even when equipped with super special object power reactors?

>Good luck having a ship agile and big enough that it can dodge Object fire.
>Good luck having something designed to move on water move more efficiently on water than a big fucking ball
>>
>>133064651
Objects reacts are really, really big.
You need an Object reactor to power an Object main gun.
The reactors also emit some sort of easily traceable radiation.
>>
>>133064788
>Even when equipped with super special object power reactors?
Well, they are ships.
How do you propel a ship?

One of the fundamental design concepts in most Objects is that they don't even touch the ground.
>>
>>133064692
Heavy O is a big artillery piece.
Why not just bombard the base and run away dropping magnetic mines?
Those things surely leave bigger magnetic shadow than average Battlecrusier.
>>
>>133054404
If your chances are 1 in a million (or even ten thousand) that's instantly a terrible strategy economically and morally.
>>
>>133064692
>If you destroy the maintance base but fail to destory the Object,
All you have to do is evade the object for a day or two before it shuts down.
It's not easy, but it's certainly an option when you lack the firepower to oppose the object directly.

>And then the equipment is replaced
From what base? Is the object fleeing the scene upon finding out you blew up its base?
>>
>>133064859
>One of the fundamental design concepts in most Objects is that they don't even touch the ground.
In the ocean battle they evidently did touch the water. Were you watching?
>>
>>133064883
>From what base?
A new one that is being rolled in alongside a second Object.

You just turned a jousting match into a battle for extermination and you're hopelessly outmatched.

>>133064932
No, I was reading.
>>
>>133064945
>No, I was reading.
So what did it need the fins in the water for?

If it's not touching the ground anyway, what's the point of specializing?
>>
>>133064788
An Object's reactor is REALLY damn big and heavy.
You'd also need a fuckload of defense to protect it.
By the time you've customized your ship to withstand the reactor AND the big-ass, super strong weapons it uses, it's already basically an Object.
>>
>>133064977
I don't even understand what you are arguing now.
Yes, the tri-core was a glorified battleship.
>>
Reminder that has the reactor and can viably use it might as well be called an Object.
>>
>>133065052
So ships work.
>>
>>133065100
Yes, but you might as well call it an Object, when it has the reactor, a way of going really, really fast and giant-ass guns.
>>
>>133065119
I don't want the giant-ass guns from object which are also fucking retarded. I want some real guns, befitting of a platform that size. Give me a cannon capable of delivering intercontinental attacks through pure kinetic energy.
At that point I don't need a presence outside of the water anymore.
>>
>>133048212
No. She's just there to look pretty and let you know that the guys aren't homo.
>>
>>133048212
Her purpose is to be cute enough to convince people to keep watching this garbage. She's doing a pretty good job.
>>
>>133065186
How about this one, hmm?
>>
File: Heavy_Object_v04.jpg (911KB, 1331x1803px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy_Object_v04.jpg
911KB, 1331x1803px
>>
>>133052013

The only light novel show tracking well so far this season is Monogatari sequel number 307
>>
>>133065223
Looks stupid as fuck.
>>
>>133063967

Voiced by Natsuki Hanae. It's like Aldnoah.Zero only this time the MC sort of has a personality
>>
File: 2014-08-08_00001.jpg (22KB, 641x471px) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-08_00001.jpg
22KB, 641x471px
pong pong
>>
File: 1441562988140.png (449KB, 610x482px) Image search: [Google]
1441562988140.png
449KB, 610x482px
>>133048771
>Qwenthur
So which is it? Qwenthur or Quenser? Qwenthur looks so damn dumb.
>>
>>133065343
That's what your idea is, too.

You do understand that you are not fighting war to extermination, right?
Object battles are glorified jousting matches.

You do understand that there are three other superpowers with military strength roughly equal to your own out there, right?

You do understand that if you break the "rules" on a scale where it actually matters (i.e. attacking a safe country), the other 3 superpowers will come and fuck you up without the rules protecting you either.
>>
>>133065222
>Her purpose is to be cute enough to convince people to keep watching this garbage. She's doing a pretty good job.

The whole show is doing below mediocrity

The male otaku doesn't want to see 2 dudes doing shit; they want the girls to get into the action and be useful

If the producers were savvy, they could have aimed this towards fujoshis instead
>>
>>133048212
I'm more interested in Raiden and Snake taking down more Metal Gears anyway
>>
>>133065223
Why not
>one heavy object with big ass gun
>one with no gun but extra big generator
>move around very fast and gattai for big ass whoop
>>
>>133064883
>>133064880
Before I start arguing this, I'd like to ask a question, just so were clear; what do the two of you actually have?

I mean, you say you'd bomb the base and run, but with what and on what?

I don't need super specifics, I'd just like to know the general compostion of the enemy instead of some vague "I'd get away!"

And what terrian are we in?

Just for reference, I'm using the Baby Magnum as my Object here.

> for a day or two before it shuts down.

For the BM, that's probably more like a week or two.
>>
File: Is0360.jpg (924KB, 1173x1764px) Image search: [Google]
Is0360.jpg
924KB, 1173x1764px
>>133065485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc
>>
>>133065448
The point isn't to attack a safe country, it's to fix the problems with the design.
The armor is basically useless because it doesn't protect the guns. If the guns need be exposed, then there is no point to protecting the main unit this heavily. Reducing armor would actually increase your overall efficiency because it would make you faster, more capable of outmaneuvering the enemy.
>>
>>133065646
The point is, what are you gonna do with your artillery ship.
I don't see a use for it, other than shelling safe countries to make the enemy surrender (which won't happen)
>>
>>133065485
>Raiden
More like Otacon
>>
>>133064977
Different means of propulsion work better on various terrains.

And yes, the anime fucked up.

The Tricore floats in the air like most other objects, but uses 3 fins that penetrate the water in order to maintain its balance through high turns.
>>
>>133065646
If you take the armor off, you can't engage in jousting matches with it anymore, meaning that even all the smaller guns on the enemy Object will do serious damage.
>>
>>133065576
>fighting other objects is a risk of losing your object
>objects usually come with many guns
>make big enough gun on object to target the base (if not the object itself)
>spill metal shards on the escape to clog magnetic drives of pursuing objects
>if it still pursuing, bait it into explosives

simple
>>
So we had Shadow Moses and the Big Shell. What's next, the jungle?
>>
>>133065942
Yes.
>>
>>133065899
Enemy sends in a new base with a second Object, you die, the end.
>>
>>
File: colony_drop.png (117KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
colony_drop.png
117KB, 300x200px
>>133066081
>sends in a new base

Why not deal with all battles this way and skip the objects?
>>
File: 1379824769570.gif (941KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
1379824769570.gif
941KB, 398x223px
>>133048273
The bantz Havia and Qwenthur have in this show is pretty good.
>>
>>133065942
I remember seeing the Oil Rig, the Raiden-alike MC taking on the Arsenal Gear style Heavy Object and thinking this was essentially a Metal Gear anime too.
>>
>>133066423
International treaties.
You can't beat all three of them.
Even using that.
>>
>>133065899
Umm, what?

Are you saying you'd use one of your own Objects guns to target the base and then flee after destroying it?

Because this is one of those things that sounds easier said than done when in combat with another Object. Especially seeing as you'd need a sustained bombardment to truly cripple the base.

I'd probably pressure you into moving away from the base zone too when I realized were you were aiming. It wouldn't take more than 10 minutes to force you dozens of km away.

Also I'm not entirely sure the metal shards idea would work considering the lasers would probably melt them. But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on that one that it would at least slow it down.

Have you pre-prepared these mines? Or have you set them up as you moved?

Because if its the former you'd potentially have to take a very wide detour to put me on your trapped path. If its the latter you'd be hard pressed to stop me noticing you spewing out powerful mines, especally after you've already pulled the same trick with metal.
>>
File: image7.jpg (191KB, 2140x1605px) Image search: [Google]
image7.jpg
191KB, 2140x1605px
>>133066887
>international treaties
>>
>>133066972
It's a three way deadlock.
Anything the four superpowers agree on, will damn well be kept.
If you don't the other three team up and fuck you up and have their little wargames without you.
>>
>>
>>133065041

People keep saying that but they said baby magnum was only like 50m tall. A WW2 battleship was over 4 times as long. Objects really aren't that big all things considered, you could easily fit it's reactor inside a nimitz, for example. So it being big is in no way a detraction from sticking it on a boat.
>>
>>133067264
Okay.

You've put it on a battleship.

What's the preformance boost?

What other modifications would you need to make it a viable anti-Object weapon?
>>
>>133067474

Give it a big railgun and simply snipe enemy objects before they get in range, as we have seen they seem to have abysmal range on those giant onions.

However my point wasn't to say they should put them on ships, my point was to discredit the whole "but the reactor's really big!" argument.

Also, as another anon said weapons technology is -ALWAYS- ahead of defensive technology, this has never not been true for thousands of years of history. Weapon systems like Objects would be destroyed by some ragheads in the middle east with shoulder-mounted "super penetrative high explosive rockets" or some shit. There's a reason real life militaries make things smaller, not bigger, because once it's too big it can be hit from anywhere at any time and destroyed.

Objects can't be handwaved in any way. Based off what we've seen/been told, they're too easily destroyed.
>>
>>
>>133065467

But that the two male MCs that spend a ton of time together aren't gay is what makes it unique.
>>
>>133051385
Best guess is that their subs doesn't have enough firepower to attack it.

That and the Tri-core, like any other battleship, has something to use against subs.
>>
>>133067936
The reactor being really big means you can't go smaller. Go ahead and fit it on a battleship, but your battleship can still be sunk by smaller forces via shooting the shit out of it. The point of an Object is to be literally invulnerable to weaponry short of Object main cannons which are powered by that reactor. The big railgun idea could no doubt do damage to an Object, but the battleship is slow and not immune to everything of lower power than Object main cannons. And if you win one engagement, now all the secrets are out. An Object specialized in long-range combat is brought in and destroys the slow and (comparatively) squishy battleship. And don't forget that even if there were ragheads in the middle east with shoulder-mounted "super penetrative high explosive rockets," Objects don't solely rely on their onion armor. They have tons of lasers to intercept missiles and are fast and mobile enough to evade incoming attacks.
>>
>>133067936
They have crappy range because Objects are capable of going from 0 to 300km/h in one direction, stopping, and then going in the exact opposite direction at comparable speeds in approximately 5 seconds flat.

Its fast enough to dodge mach 20 shots fired at it from less than 10km away. And this isn't theory. This is in practice.

You are right, the problem was never that the reactor is too big to fit on a ship.

You do realize that you're whole speech there is pretty meaningless, right? After all, they do have weapons capable of piercing an Objects defenses.

Unfortunately practicality restrictions means they are only viable when mounted on another Object.

Taking your ship from before - its possible to mount a railgun powerful enough to destroy an object on a ship.

But the Object is so fast that unless it was a surprise attack, it would never hit.

And hiding a several hundred metre long ship in the middle of the sea with dozens to hundreds of sattelites seems impractical at best.
>>
>>133069618
>literally invulnerable to weaponry short of Object main cannons which are powered by that reactor.
Which is essentially false because all you actually need to do is disable the cannons on top of it (and possibly its propulsion systems) to turn it into a harmless ball of stupidity.
The armor is very selective, which is why the nuclear attack in the beginning was so outrageous in its inefficiency that only screams plot armor.
>>
I thought this show was amusing, I like watching the two guys doing random shit even though it either works or it doesn't.

I like watching hime strapped to her seat and being semi useless. I like watching the commander being sexy.

I don't really care about physics.
>>
>>133070183
The pilots aren't normal humans.
>>
>>133069924
>The armor is very selective
Explain what you mean here. The way the armor works is that, via bullshit done to get the setting to exist, it says "fuck you" to anything not concentrated and powerful enough to pierce through it.

Also, why are you trying so hard to argue about how unrealistic HO is? There's only like 50 people who like HO on this board, you're not going to change anything by calling it out on being unrealistic. I, as an example, accept that HO is unrealistic bullshit, yet I still find it amusing. Another example is >>133070349 who just doesn't care about physics. It's not like any claims to being a masterpiece are being made. HO is just an amusing thing that someone like me can enjoy. I enjoy seeing discussion, but you make me feel that you just hate the premise of HO, and that's little topic for discussion. Are you trying to convince HO fans of something or are you ranting?
>>
>>133065387
Baka translations say Quenser
>>
>>133073152
>>133065387
The OFFICIAL name is Qwenthur, but we use Quenser because it's less retarded.
Like when Togashi wanted us to call a character something like Qrqrkwqrkqrws Lewrfzr.
>>
>>133069618
>>133067936
>>133069924

Remember that the Objects are manned by Elites. It's simple to do plans like destroying their cannons and stuff, but those specialized, near-perfect pilots can also do so much to avoid any danger.

Which comes to the point that Quenser must be a goddamn genius.
>>
>>133048273
Everything in this post is correct. The banter between the two guys and the girls are all that matter.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.