[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scanlation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 28

File: 1420340802765.png (84KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1420340802765.png
84KB, 1024x1024px
scanlation thread.

What are you working on?
What do you wish got picked up?
What do you need help with?

There are new break through with comic walker and jump plus ripper.

tinyurl com/ScanlationBulletin
>>
Everyone is complaining about the lack of Nanoha Vivid and Innocent scanlations since Vivid is airing this season.
>>
>>124638699
Feeling trolled, he asks anyway - where is the legendary Comic Walker ripper? The only one I am aware of was a half-assed Daiz attempt that he spent 15 minutes on before being summoned to yet another color quantization velocidensity thread,
>>
>>124639490

JCafe24. Someone took the Firefox script and expanded on it, has a GUI and everything.
>>
What's the best way to get started with scanlation? I already know how to typeset, do rudimentary redraws (so long as the line work isn't too complex), and can edit English scripts decent-ish. I'm also learning how to do cleaning from the raw scans.

Is the bulletin good for complete newcomers, or is there a better place to get my feet wet?
>>
>>124639713
Thanks. But what a kludge running this is, needs to be integrated into OMD.
>>
I've got 744 pages until I'm finished, only done 200 so far. It's my first scanlation project and I can't redraw for shit. I think I'm doing a solid effort, only really upset is my choice in fonts as I don't know what's best.
>>
>>124638699
>What are you working on?
Yui/Ui incest doujin. Been on my list forever.

>What do you wish got picked up?
I really wish Payapaya would finish the last fucking chapter of Scape-God damn it. It's one last chapter but the project is dead. Fuck.
>>
>>124640319

It's easy, dude, you just drag and drop it to run the program.

>>124640244

The bulletin is just a small /a/ thing for scanlators that need help.
>>
>>124640415
Isn't payapaya dead?
>>
Also I wish some of the attempts to produce some a better distribution format and tools had bore fruit, current sota in scanslation is basically no different then when I started in 2000 and it sucks. Fansubbing has improved by leaps and bounds but scanslation is the same old "hard alter a bunch of images". PNG is more common now, big fucking deal. I should get off my ass and look into PS plugin programming, since most people may never get another version anyway it'd be pretty stable.
>>
>>124640244
Find a series you like or would like to work on, and contact the group that does it. See if they need help.

Groups always want more help.
>>
>>124640506

Not dead, just really fucking slow. I used to proofread for them, but I haven't gotten a script from them in months.
>>
>>124640506
Maybe, I don't usually like to count a group "dead" until it's been a good 6-9 months at least given the hiatuses some groups tend to take and then resurrect from, unless they officially declare themselves done of course. Paya "just" did something back in January (collab with binbou) so eh. But Scape was years ago so I'm bitter about that one.
>>
>>124640547

>scanslation
>>
>>124640447
>>124640244
Only real thing that might be helpful is a decent fontpack and a program to organize/preview them, if you want to get more creative. Nothing wrong with narrowing it down to a few standard ones though, and you can always use one of those online font detection programs to help identify ones you like (or close enough) that you come across elsewhere.
>>
File: shamo14.png (146KB, 800x1216px) Image search: [Google]
shamo14.png
146KB, 800x1216px
I just wanna say thank you to whoever finished Shamo or was working on it, glad it finally got some closure.
>>
>>124640747

NexusFont + whatever font packs are in the archive, search for stuff like "Kurt's typesetting guide." /gd/ also has a Font Sharing thread if you want suggestions or fonts that are hard to find.
>>
File: 1425889930523.png (133KB, 1300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1425889930523.png
133KB, 1300x1600px
Anything else like this? I don't have a good taste for selecting fonts. Everything I do looks plain and boring compared to other stuff.
>>
>>124640555
Different anon but how time consuming is these sort of stuff in general? I don't really know shit about shit but I know Photoshop and there are several series I like that are pretty much dead and I figure cleaning pages or whatever shouldn't be all that difficult (Other than redraws I guess). What's the most time consuming part of the whole scanlation of a chapter? Proofreading, translation, cleaning, redrawing, something else?
>>
>>124640944
I'm a new guy and it takes me hours to get through just one chapter. I imagine it's based on how fast you can work.
>>
>>124640447
>>124640555
Okay, I just wasn't sure if the groups listed were more hesitant about accepting help from strangers, because I'm sure that finding someone good can be a crapshoot.

Garo and Nekojiru Udon from Habanero are right up my alley, though.

>>124640747
I already have a good font manager and have the principals of typography down pat. I'm just not used to setting type for comics and manga.
>>
>>124640944
Depends on the series and how much you care.
>>
>>124640447
I was referring to having to have the standalone nodejs runner to make this thing work. Also, you can't cut and paste into the URL field on OS X, which is kind of a crippling limitation. But I'm pleased to see progress is being made.
>>
>>124640874
What I did when I was getting started was just ask groups who did interesting work I liked. Just start marking and saving pages, most people are happy to share with someone looking to get into it too. And again, you can use something like WhatTheFont
>https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
to simply identify things you think worked well in other stuff you read. Or ask /gd/ like above anon suggested. But no shame in looking at more experienced people's stuff and learning from it while you're developing your own font knowledge. Also in the end it really doesn't take that much if you use them well.

The main thing really to keep in mind is readability, if you aren't sure better to err on the side of less fancy. There's no shame in keeping things a little simpler, what people want the most in the end is something that hits the basics, anything else is gravy.
>>
>>124640969
Damn, but how much do you do? Cleaning right from the raws + adding the text and redrawing?
>>
>>124640971

>Garo and Nekojiru Udon

Good choice.
>>
>>124640874
Check out Blambot's stuff. He offers a lot of pretty nice paid and free fonts that he's designed himself, though most are intended more for western comics.
>>
With typesetting and redrawing it usually takes me a couple of hours on any release. If pressure is on I can do a full release of 22 pages in around 2 hours, but that's pushing my lucky.

Cleaning is a whole other kettle of fish, but easy cleans can take half an hour per page if you're being reaaaaaally finicky, but for the most it's only like 10 minutes.
>>
>>124641040
I clean the raws, translate the text, then insert the text into the pages. I don't re-draw or add T/N notes.

I'm only doing this because it's a series I love and I feel it deserves a revised version, so I might as well. Plus, it's kinda fun.
>>
>>124640944
Cleaning/redrawing is probably the most time-intensive part (at least for me). Translation can take a long time too if you aren't experienced or if a chapter is dense.

Most of scanlating is not that hard, but it is time-consuming. Going through 30 pages and dodging/burning nearly every inch is not hard but can take many hours.

If you have a basic knowledge of photoshop you can do it easy; you just have to put in the time for each chapter really.

I think a lot of the time the reason a series gets dropped is because they lose their translator or raw-provider. These are the hardest members of the group to find/replace, there really is no group without them.
>>
>>124640944
>Different anon but how time consuming is these sort of stuff in general?
There's skill and experience and tools, over time you'll get your workflow down, start doing some of your own scripting/automation and so on. But after you get the basics down the real fundamentals are:
1. How good your source is.

2. How much work your OCD demands.

The source scan is the absolute biggest thing really, it's HUGELY more time consuming to take a mediocre scan up to even decent quality, assuming it's possible, vs starting with something excellent (or digital best of all). If you're doing your own scans, it's worth the trouble to get that down because it saves right down the line. If you're getting raws from elsewhere, well I hope you have a decent source.

After that it's a big spectrum, from "blank the bubbles and wildwords and done" to careful redrawing, full sfx with careful matching, etc. Probably will depend on how much you like whatever it is. I don't scanlate anything I hate obviously, but there's still some stuff that is special and I'll put a lot more care into each page.
>>
>>124641238

>digital best of all

In a lot of cases, yeah, but also the rest of the time it's either compressed 1200px garbage, or the scans are fucked somehow (spreads are a major problem).
>>
>>124640971
>I already have a good font manager and have the principals of typography down pat. I'm just not used to setting type for comics and manga.
Then you're already starting ahead of most, the rest will come from emulation and experience. And yeah, working with another group is a great way to learn stuff and help out everyone while doing something better quality since another set of eyes really helps out QC.
>>
>>124638699
One pace project needs a timer, it's a one piece project that saves the anime from toei and re-cuts episode to more content and 0 filler.
>>
Has anyone gotten raws off of bookwalker?

There's a couple series that I wanna buy and image-rip.
>>
File: 1347176233002.jpg (29KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
1347176233002.jpg
29KB, 457x381px
>>124641273
Yeah, true, I was more thinking in terms of the times where you're getting something pretty close to the original, but unfortunately badly compressed junk does happen. Same phenomenon as other digital media I guess, "oh no if we actually make it good it'll undercut our old dead stuff so let's make it terrible then everyone will give us more money brilliant business!"
>this is still happening in 2015
>>
>>124641195
How much does it take you to clean and insert text? Because that's just about the only thing I feel I'd be willing to do, and maybe add the T/N Notes
>>
>>124641416
I ripped some stuff when they were giving away free 2500 yen, wish I'd gotten more.
>>
File: Garo-Chapter-Insert.png (212KB, 2427x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Garo-Chapter-Insert.png
212KB, 2427x2500px
>>124641463

I signed up for that, and even registered the Android device, but I don't think I ever got those coupons. Do I have to sign in with my phone or something?
>>
>>124641456
Maybe about a couple of minutes? I look at the official releases to make sure I'm doing things right.
>>
>>124641416
OP here,ripped a few kancolle and light novel,although raw at ebookjapan looked better for some reason.
>>
>>124641507
You had to sign in with your phone, but the promotion's over and the free money expired at the end of March.
>>
>>124641511
Well that seems doable, but I also imagine that's the easiest job to fill for any scan team so there might be no point in even trying it out.
>>
>>124641507

Text that was meant to go with this page disappeared.

Yeah, Garo's a project that's being worked on right now, but it could use more editors and translators. It's mostly just a bunch of oneshots. I have another batch in the mail, so I'm at 15 magazines right now. Pic related is the type of insert page that I'm considering for each chapter, otherwise people will think they're just a bunch of random stories.

>>124641540

Damn, I went through all of that and never got the email.
>>
>>124641416
I haven't done it myself, but someone from the Etrian Odyssey general in /vg/ recently ripped the most recent art book after looking up the method in one of these threads. The quality was nice (still jpeg), but I don't know if manga is lower-quality or if different publishers have different standards. A single page was 1448×2048.
>>
File: bookwalker rip.jpg (276KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bookwalker rip.jpg
276KB, 1125x1600px
>>124641567
Honestly, I prefer EbookJapan because it's easier to rip and they don't region lock you out of half a series for some reason. The quality's about the same, but there's a lot of jpeg artifacts.
>>
>>124641686

So do I, but free money is free money. 2500 yen for filling out a survey was a good chance. Oh well.
>>
>>124641602
Mostl entrabian(famistu) are around 2048 high,and kadokawa too.Don't get kondansha tank in bookwalker thought, wasted my money just to found out the quality wasn't that good compared to ebookjapan release.
>>
>>124641749
There was no survey, you literally just had to sign in from your phone.
>>
File: 001.jpg (442KB, 1132x1600px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
442KB, 1132x1600px
>>124638699
>What do you wish got picked up?

This doujin. It's criminal that it remains untranslated.
>>
>>124641769

I distinctly recall there being a survey, perhaps were two different promotions.
>>
>>124641686
>lot of jpeg artifacts.
Wanna see a real jpeg horror? Check out Umezz at Shogakukan's shop.
http://sample.shogakukan.co.jp/bv?isbn=9784091821874
>>
File: 123123.jpg (59KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
59KB, 720x540px
>>124641850
WOOOW
>>
>>124641850
T-that's just the sample, r-right?
>>
>>124641948
There's only one way to find out.
>>
Is EIKEN dead in japan, or is it justno one is scanning it? should I give up all hope, or is it still being produced?
>>
>>124638699
I'm from Thai scanlation group, and by group I mean only one person.
Currently I'm working on 7 manga and 2 anime project.

>>124640944
>How time consuming is these sort of stuff in general?
Like I said I do all the work by myself, Translate > Clean > Redraw > Typeset. It depends on the quality of the RAW is and depends on your skill and experience too. It took me a 1-2 hours on weekly manga and 2-3 hours on monthly manga. It also depends on how interesting that chapter is too.
>>
>>124638699
Currently, a hentai femdom (which is pretty much a hell to clean because the raws were overburned, it takes me an hour and a half to clean a single page) but I have a huge backlog.
>What do you need help with?
I need proofreaders/QC'ers because english isn't my mother tounge so my flowing can be sloppy and I know only a few idioms.
>>
>>124641804

only the first story,
>>
>>124642792
I'd be willing to help proofread it. What's your contact info?
>>
>>124642110

You do all of that stuff in 1-2 hours for a weekly? What's your secret?
>>
Is there any way for me to help out scanlators without knowing nip?
>>
>>124643441
Mostly experience and some voodoo black magic. Also if you are cleaning from the raw scans, try use "Action" command in photoshop I found it very useful, with action command you can reduce cleaning by half, quarter even.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-actions.html
>>
>>124643176
[email protected]
>>
>>124643472
Cleaning, Typesetting or Proof-reading, I guess?
>>
I'm trying to work with the artist. I finished the translation of a 30 page doujin but the he wants to do the typesetting and has declined my offer to typeset. It's kinda annoying since it's been three weeks since and I would've finished it in two.
>>
>>124639490
There another if you're willing to run ruby. It can even download hidden chapters now along with Shounen Jump. But yes, getting past the ruby is a pain in the ass.

>>124640319
The irony is that OMD is a massive kludge.
>>
File: v-ii_visual_book001#001~.jpg (3MB, 4200x3000px) Image search: [Google]
v-ii_visual_book001#001~.jpg
3MB, 4200x3000px
I scanned an artbook and I'm trying to clean it up a bit to make it look pretty and what not, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Never done much work with color pages, all I've done is run a Denoise, mess with the curves, and clean up some of the dust and shit. Am I at least on the right track?
>>
>>124644054
If you haven't asked in a while, ask what the current progress is. If they just haven't been able to get much done, offer again to typeset to take the load off of them. Otherwise, I'm not sure if there's anyway to do it without stepping on any toes.
>>
Typesetting colored scans of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and waiting for new translations of part 5 to typeset.
>>
>>124639490
>>124644167
I've actually gotten the Ruby gem running and started work on two companion scripts to go with it a while ago. One script downloads all available chapters for a series, and the other just grabs all the chapters marked "new" on the site. First one is complete, but I think the second one still needs some work done on it.

The only major hurdle getting it to run was getting that damn ImageMagick gem to compile.
>>
>>124644251
Including hidden chapters?

>ImageMagick
Oh yes.
>>
>>124644251
>that damn ImageMagick gem to compile
Fuck, don't remind me. Had to drop that shit just because of it.
>>
>>124644181
It looks cleaner, but your colors are messed up and are causing you to lose detail. The line in the middle of her ass gets lost in everything else in the current version.

Sadly I don't clean stuff, so I have no actionable ideas for you to use.
>>
>>124644295
By those you mean the ones that were de-listed from the series page after X days? I actually had no idea this gem could grab those until >>124644167 mentioned it (along with Jump stuff), how backissues.rb works is it just loads up the series page using mechanize. So at the moment no it doesn't download hidden chapters, I'll have to look into that.

>>124644309
I found a nice tutorial for setting up the ImageMagick gem when I became determined to get the ComicWalker gem running, if I find it again I could probably put together a tutorial for setting up the ComicWalker one.
>>
>>124639713

speaking of, I really need to figure out where they keep their scans, saw people posting chapters from all the latest Young Gangan issues but only the first three volumes of 2015 were uploaded to public places
>>
>>124644309
Instructions are here:
https://bitbucket.org/gvim/eaglemt-comicwalker/overview
At least one other person got it working based on it.

>>124644396
I'll update the branch.
>>
>>124644436

Try asking Miguelostos on there.
>>
>>124644480

I did but he didn't reply

guess I can try making a thread about the manga I want scans of and hoping he posts them there
>>
>>124644443
I'll give it a look, thanks. By the way, is anyone working on Neowing or Honto rippers? Don't really remember about Honto, but I've definitely seen ebooks on Neowing that weren't available on Amazon, ebookjapan, bookwalker and probably everywhere else.
>>
File: 000a.jpg (1MB, 2427x1600px) Image search: [Google]
000a.jpg
1MB, 2427x1600px
Can the Freenet anon check for new issues of AX? My connection never works, just loads forever.
>>
>>124644216
I still plan to remind him but not just yet. If I put myself in his shoes, his refusal makes sense. I haven't shown him anything I've typeset.
Unfortunately, the best ones I can show are his works and I can't think of any situation where showing them is a good idea.
>>
>>124644545
If I remember, Neowing uses it's own ebook format doesn't it? I have an artbook that came with a manga in a specific format an a "Neowing Reader" I believe.
>>
>>124644545
I wouldn't even know how hard they are. It never helps not knowing Japanese.
>>
>>124644627
They use .epub, .book, and I remember that there was a third one, probably their own format you're talking about. It seems they're using only epub now, but I have no idea if they reuploaded old ebooks in epub format or not.
>>
>>124644627
>>124644783
HyBook, that's how third one called.
>>
>>124644181
Speaking of this.
Does anyone know exactly how descreening works. I've done some research but I can't find exactly what I need.

Of course you're going to lose detail when you blur an image, but it never actually happens evenly. For lack of a better term.

Even in this picture you can see how the lighter areas have less morie in them than the darker areas.

Basically what I'm asking is what's the absolute best method for scanning color pages.
>>
>>124644549
Are there any groups scanlating those?
>>
>>124644443
You know, for whatever reason I never really noticed the save-all parameter, suppose that would make my backissues.rb script not needed though it was fun to make. Now I just need to work on that "download latest chapters from front page" script.
>>
>>124645310
Well it would've broken on most series until I changed it. Ruby is weird.
>>
Anyone here in graduate school, or writing BAs? Was wondering if it's possible to keep scanlating senior year or while pursuing higher degrees. Third year undergrad representing. Frankly it's getting harder to balance shit, and I know a lot of people retire because of that.
>>
>>124645380
I wouldn't advise it. I took a break from scanlating but I still didn't pass my qual exam. If you're going to grad school you should go cold turkey, no scanlation, no fandom, no nothing.
>>
>>124641567
>15 magazines right now

Shit dude, do you ever have second thoughts about this stuff?
>>
>>124645895
>not going full neet
Depends what it's for; plenty of grad degrees leave you with enough free time for hobbies, or so I've heard. One of my math professors said she played hours upon hours of Pacman & Tetris to kill time when she was doing grad school, and she was hardly the super-genius type. (Intelligent, sure, but not very quick even with just straightforward arithmetic.)
>>
>>124644892
Has there ever been any groups scanlating those? Besides the odd oneshot, the unequivocal answer is no.
>>
Working on Akuma mo Fumo >>/124101871/

Kinda stalled, because I don't want to edit it before knowing if the translation is good enough to release. First time translating.
>>
>>124647313
https://archive.moe/a/thread/124101871/

Well oops. Shoulda just linked it.
>>
>>124640547
http://bellard.org/bpg/

Nothing supports this thing
>>
>>124641416
https://archive.moe/a/thread/120635485/#q120636640

BTW, OMD doesn't seem to work for some EBJ links.
>>
>>124644549
102 was the last one scanned. 104 is right around the corner, but the uploader's last posts are from December.
>>
What scan size do you work with? If you work with anything above 1600 px how do you go about resizing it without making the tones look like shit?
>>
>>124648929
https://archive.moe/a/thread/120635485/#120713879
>>
Still attempting to work on that chapter of Edison. been through QC like three times now, every time I fix one thing I break three others ;_; I think i might be retarded
>>
>>124649472
Thank you good man.
>>
>>124649491
Just how.
>>
>Photoshop

So when are you guys going to join the InDesign master race
>>
>>124640244

The best way is to start with hentai scanlation, since it has much better scans than weekly manga
>>
>>124649491

lol, well... tbh, those things probably were there already, but i didn't catch them the first time around because the other stuff was more obvious. sometimes when you fix type stuff it's normal to add another typo by accident. most people turn off their brains when they're typesetting and stuff so it's quite normal.
>>
File: Ch7 page 5.jpg (1MB, 1375x2161px) Image search: [Google]
Ch7 page 5.jpg
1MB, 1375x2161px
>>124638699
Magical Patissier Kosaki-chan
Was there really a breakthrough jump plus ripper?
>>
Any tips for learning typesetting?
>>
>>124643441

Assuming the scans are of a constant quality, you can also run your actions on batches and photoshop will level the entire chapter at once, then you just spot check the pages for any problems as you go. rotate, crop, clean bubbles, pray for no redraws, typeset, and out the door it goes.
>>
>>124640874
http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/
prettyanon has a few
>>
die
>>
>>124651646
http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/anonblacks-typesetting-guide/
prettyanon has those too.

>>124651787
no u
>>
File: Service.png (149KB, 1670x560px) Image search: [Google]
Service.png
149KB, 1670x560px
1) Bambino, ATC, and Sommeliere.
2) Biorg Trinity
3) Bambino (Typesetter pls)
>>
>>124650065
>ID
but i'm not doing a magazine, anon.
>>
File: 194_08_873841_873213_2_200_001.jpg (210KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
194_08_873841_873213_2_200_001.jpg
210KB, 760x1200px
>>124651595
Yeah,or else you won't see rip like this.
Try reading >>124644443
Aslo your pic really look like to streched out too much,normal size should be around 1200.
>>
>>124651839
That's not the correct translation.
>>
>>124651595
Yeah it works. But Jump Plus resolution is awful.
>>
>>124653274
Someone should Really rip colored bleach/Naruto
>>
>>124653274
isn't that just for comic walker? or is it the same for jump+?
>>
>>124653409
Might be the translation for the Japanese translation of that line.
>>
>>124653782
So either the original authors fucked up italian to japanese or the scanlator fucked up japanese to english?
>>
>>124653831
That's what I'm thinking. Course I don't know the manga so I have no idea.
>>
File: 076_08_874339_873213_2_082_001.jpg (224KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
076_08_874339_873213_2_082_001.jpg
224KB, 760x1200px
>>124653542
Done that,Have colored bleach and medaka box sitting on HDD waiting for a good change to upload.

>>124653739
Samething. He just updated it to made it work with jump+ so you won't need to use awful printscreen raw now.
>>
>>124653739
It uses the same backend system. There's now just a --sj flag to pull from one instead of the other.
>>
>>124653904
Up to which chapter did you Steal bleach? Would be neat If someone Can scanlate it like colored one piece
>>
>>124640874
Wild Words
Trash hand
Mouth breather
i find these the most must have
>>
File: 203_08_870313_873213_2_208_001.jpg (119KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
203_08_870313_873213_2_208_001.jpg
119KB, 760x1200px
>>124653967
VOL1~53 So that lot of chapter to do if anyone ever want to do it.
>>
>>124654053
The redrawing would possibly be a pain in the ass
>>
>>124653967
Colored One Piece was scanlated?
>>
>>124654677
It's on batoto since ages
>>
File: 002.png (40KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
40KB, 800x778px
>>124638699
>What do you need help with?
Magi
>>
>>124653904
Any chance of Toriko?
>>
>>124638699
Can anyone rip digital viz part 1 Naruto?
>>
File: sensible-chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensible-chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>124655377
>QC
>Not doing it yourself after you finish typesetting
>>
Anyone know if using a Japanese VPN lets you access the region locked stuff on book walker?
>>
>>124657594
It does.
>>
>>124657627
Thanks, might have to set one up at some point
>>
>>124650132
What's the best way to get started with that?
>>
I want to start a new translation project but I hate working with groups because they are lazy ass shit! I wonder if I should make live translation threads and let anons help?
>>
>>124659877
If you think any anons will care about whatever it is you're doing, sure.
>>
>>124659473
1. Find untranslated hentai you like
2. Translate it and work with it
3. ???
4. Profit

Or find a hentai translation group and say "hey I'll help you"
>>
>>124659877

>hates working with groups
>going to make group to work on something

It's not gonna be any different, you know.

Why don't you just do all of it yourself (TL/CL/TS)?
>>
File: tumblr_lsvgcnfEa71qbjg0i.gif (493KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsvgcnfEa71qbjg0i.gif
493KB, 400x300px
>>124659992
I worked with two groups and everyone seems to be slacking off, how many weeks does it take to QC a chapter of 20 pages for god's sake?! On the other hand /a/ is full of people with plenty of free time.

I can do everything on my own if it takes so but the problem is I'm not a native English speaker so I need natives to check my work plus I suck at cleaning coloured pages.
>>
>>124660246
>QC

There's your problem. QCers are the laziest scanlators everywhere because they do so much work.

I'd tell you to do it yourself, but since you can't, I'd just post it on /a/ or somewhere and say 'fix any weird English and I'll release it like this' or something like that. I know a few scanlators who do that, weirdly enough.
>>
>>124649491

Hang in there. Or read up on some proper tutorials as a refresher.
>>
File: ch30p23.png (305KB, 951x1400px) Image search: [Google]
ch30p23.png
305KB, 951x1400px
>>124640874
Speaking of fonts, does anyone have any idea what font is this? I know it looks like wild words, but it isn't, and it's neither CC wild words as far as I know.
>>
File: 1429621806339.png (257KB, 680x298px) Image search: [Google]
1429621806339.png
257KB, 680x298px
>>124660844
>that shit TL

I don't know the font, sorry.
>>
>>124655548
it was already ripped and posted, search WSJD in the archieve
>>
File: comicraft.png (109KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
comicraft.png
109KB, 595x842px
http://a.pomf.se/xrhzom.zip
Myfont rips of everything from http://www.comicbookfonts.com/Masters-of-Comic-Book-Art-Fonts-s/1819.htm
Rick Veitch is missing exclamation marks. Richard Starkings was missing exclamation marks in the italic versions but since it's essentially a remake of hedge backwards I copied the italic and bold italic exclamation marks from there (not a perfect match, though).
Apart from that they seem to have all the glyphs and ligatures working correctly.

Pic related, wild words only there for the sake of comparison.
>>
>>124662913
>http://a.pomf.se/xrhzom.zip
the website is dead right now
>>
>>124663083
Odd, I only just uploaded it and did a test download.
>>
>>124663083
Same here. Can't download, server offline it says.
>>
>>124638699
I wish a group would pick up Buriki no Artist. I usually don't read sports manga but I've been enjoying Hosokawa Masami's other work, Sugarless, for a good while.
>>
File: Screenshot (35).png (135KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (35).png
135KB, 1366x768px
>>124663165
could you upload it to mega or MF?
>>
>>124663903
Just did. Figures it's fucloudflare.
https://mega.co.nz/#!B0R2BbKA!RFZ3zjjfvu817Fiz8PMqD6G07BmuuXwlYDdNN_UBavo
>>
>>124638699
Oh, shit. I was supposed to translate something like three weeks ago and I totally forgot. Shit.
>>
>>124663998
It's working now, thanky you very much for the fonts anon, they might come in handy
>>
>>124664197
>three weeks ago
It's gone mouldy by now anon.
>>
File: 03.jpg (455KB, 1069x1600px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
455KB, 1069x1600px
Translating Hai to Gensou no Grimgal Ch.1 . Look's like no one's picking it up.
>>
>>124665514
Glad you're doing it, but it came out literally less than a week ago, bit early to declare that no one cares.
>>
>>124665514

What's it about?
>>
>>124666311
It's a light novel adaptation, there should be a summary for the LN.
Why use Grimgal when it says Grimgar right there in the image?
>>
>>124662890
Its not there unless your making a joke about Black clover?
>>
>>124666311
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=116485
>>124666447
Its translated as Grimgal in the LN for some reason.... Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
File: 0003.png (2MB, 4200x3000px) Image search: [Google]
0003.png
2MB, 4200x3000px
I'm working on this doujin, and I was too lazy to debind it when I scanned it.
Would it be a sin against God to just translate, typeset and release it like this?
>>
>>124667294
I believe with ImageMagick's convert utility you could easily split up each page provided they're all the same width like that. It could work if they're not the same width but it might take some trial and error.
>>
>>124667294

Why not just split the pages, you lazy fuck. You could easily write an action for PS.
>>
>>124667436
>>124667610
Because scanning doesn't work like that.
The pages may be the same high and width, but they are not scanned exactly the same from page to page.
>>
>>124667921

That's usually why you debind it first.
>>
>>124667921
Yeah I know that, I was just saying if they're the same width, with convert you can have it split halfway at each image so you'd probably just need to adjust slightly for some pages afterwards.

Example batch script that'll go through each PNG in a folder, requires ImageMagick's convert of course
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=5ribda2y
>>
>>124668086
Yeah, you're probably right.
Guess the slight work it takes after the convert won't be that bad.
>>
>>124656045
It's like proofreading your own essay, it's pretty easy to gloss over your own mistakes
>>
>>124667921
>Because scanning doesn't work like that
I obviously meant opening them in photoshop and cutting the >>124667294 in half.
Seriously, how hard is that?
>>
>>124668263
Yeah, sometimes an external eye can help wonders. It's the same reason why people easily say "this TL is so bad", it's a lot easier to spot english mistakes if you're reading them from outside.
>>
>>124668361
Please don't be retarded. This shouldn't need to be explained to you.
There's no script that can accurately split the pages.
>>124668086 understands this, why can't you?

By telling you scanning doesn't work like that I was telling you that the pages are not even, thus no script would work.
>>
>>124668560
What kind of lazy asshole are you?
>script
Just do it by hand.
>>
>>124668560

>scanning doesn't work like that

You're also supposed to debind the pages first, but you didn't even do that. You just sound incredibly lazy.
>>
>>124668608
>>124667610
>You could easily write an action for PS.
Nice backpedaling.
Just say the words "I'm wrong, and retarded." You'll feel better afterward, I promise.

This is the part where you try to pretend that's not your post.
>>
>>124668765
>misquoting and false backlinking
Ah, it's this retard again.
Do you have to shitpost in literally every single scanlation thread?
>>
>>124668820

>hey guys I was too lazy to split the pages or debind, can I just release garbage like this?
>>
>>124638699
Owari no Seraph, 7th Garden, Deathtopia
>>
>>124668780
>backpedaling
I'm not the same anon, idiot. Trying to act smart and prevent me from saying it isn't gonna change your laziness. Just cut the fucking pages by hand instead of complaining.
>>
>>124668918

At least you acknowledged that you're lazy from the very beginning.
>>
>>124669029
>7th Garden
Still mad lollipop died.
>>
>>124669106
>>124669112
Yeah, it's not your post huh?
>I obviously meant opening them in photoshop
>I [...]
>I

Why are shitposters always so stupid? Do you even scanlate or do you just come into these threads to ruin them?
>>
>>124669149
Shit man, I only work on it. It's been so long since I touched that that I forgot what you were talking about.
>>
>>124669209

I'm not sure what ground you think you have here. You started off by asking a stupid question about whether you can release something with double pages. You're lazy, which you admitted, so get over it and try not to release garbage.
>>
>>124669213
It happened like eight chapters after what's been released in English, I buy the magazine.
>>
>>124669272
Ahh okay...
>>
>>124669271
Because you said, "I obviously meant" when you were claiming the post wasn't yours.
"Meant" as in the past tense, such as you had a previous post.
>>
>>124669448

Let me give you a hint.

>>124669106
>>124669112

These posts are 4 seconds apart. Perhaps you can figure out the rest yourself, if you aren't too lazy. Believe it or not, more than one person can recognize that you're an idiot.
>>
>>124669209
I bet you expect me to post a screenshot where the upper post has (You) and the other doesn't, right?
Well fuck you. Stop being lazy, that is all.
>>
File: 063 cleaned.png (699KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
063 cleaned.png
699KB, 1128x1600px
Not being doing this for long
Is there anyway to improve this redraw?
I'll post the original next
>>
File: 063.png (647KB, 1128x1600px) Image search: [Google]
063.png
647KB, 1128x1600px
>>124669599
>>
>>124667294

>madoka fans are retarded

more news at 11.
>>
>>124669513
Thanks buddy. It's refreshing to notice someone actually has a brain here.
>in b4 I hacked 4chan to double post within the 60sec limit
>>
>>124669599

It won't be noticeable if you typeset and everything, but the bottom-right near his second-from-the-top cowlick seems to have a noticeable part of the screentone where it's just a block of grey that stands out. I don't think it matters, though.
>>
>>124669649
>b-but you could have been using your phone
I don't know why I expected this to stay about scanlation.
>>
>>124669599
It won't be that noticeable after you typeset
>>
File: _1324142207140.png (62KB, 300x244px) Image search: [Google]
_1324142207140.png
62KB, 300x244px
>>124669724
this fucking guy, I swear

12y at best
>>
>>124669513
>>124669547
>>124669636
>>124669649
You're right, but you've used proxies to samefag in the past and have used the exact same argument.

You're glaring stupidity is also apparent.
Because those two posts linked in that reply are irrelevant to the fact you said "I obviously meant" which implies you had a previous post, then tried to claim you made no post.

Serious, you must come into these threads just to shitpost.
And there is literally nothing you won't do it with.
Low case fonts, image size, etc. You are a cancer to these threads that refuses to die.
>>
>>124669777
>non anime reaction image
Your tells are very obvious, even after they are pointed out to you.
>>
>>124669803

>exact same argument

What argument are we talking about here? I'm just calling you an idiot for asking if you can post double pages because "I'm too lazy :)"
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.