[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, out of the "newer" shounen manga in Jump,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 18

File: 1429570336886.jpg (202KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1429570336886.jpg
202KB, 784x1145px
So, out of the "newer" shounen manga in Jump, how would you rank them?
>>
Food wars is okay the rest is shit.
>>
What is there to rank? I only read Fairy Ta- I mean Black Clover. Kagamigami looks nice, but there's barely any chapters in english.
>>
>>124384641

Food wars has been serializing for a few years, it's hardly new
>>
That fucking Y-san.
>>
>>124384553
Boku no Hero, World Trigger, Cyborg Roggy and Iron Knight were the only "new" series' that really have/had something unique in WSJ the last few years, the rest is either irrelevant for me or copypasta
>>
>>124384654
>I only read Fairy Ta- I mean Black Clover
Funny, people usually compare it to Nurutu.
>>
>>124384867
>Iron Knight
Did that one get axed or something?
>>
>>124385088
yes it got axed a long time ago and cyborg roggy will probably get axed too soon. At the least japan's shittaste couldn't kill BnHA and WT
>>
Y-san is the most based man on earth.
>>
>>124384553
Y-san is fucking creppy
>>
I want to be Y-san's waifu
>>
Fucking Y-san, I swear. I've never heard of anyone even half so dedicated to their waifu.
>>
>>124385064

Honestly think it gives off a bigger fairy tail vibe than naruto atm, with the whole "join a problematic magical guild/group full of powerful mages that causes destruction wherever they go", nakama powers and such.
>>
File: nice.png (14KB, 132x230px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
14KB, 132x230px
Holy shit a new mad max film?
>>
>>124385265
>>124385303
>>124385312
>>124385323
Why do you care so much?
>>
>>124385496
Why do YOU care so much?
>>
>>124384867
What about Mutou Black?
>>
>>124385646
He asked you first faggot.
>>
>>124385475
Actually looks pretty dope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7-c2f1BApc
>>
>>124385690
I only read the first chapter and I didn't like the art of it and the story didn't get me excited nor triggered, it was okayish at best, but it wouldnt be shittaste if anyone actually liked it or more.
>>
Toriko, World Trigger, Black Clover, and Nisekoi are all crap. I don't know about the others, but I expect they're much the same.
>>
>>124386093
Hero Academia is better than those, not that it's saying much.
>>
>Toriko
>"newer"
Anon, it's eight years old.
>>
My thoughts on all series since 2012.
>Haikyū!!
Bland and generic to a fault.
>Pajama na Kanojo
Didn't read.
>Koisome Momiji
Pretty good romcom. Much better than Nisekoi, that's for sure.
>Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan
Very funny gag manga.
>Sensei no Bulge
Pretty mediocre honestly. It still shocks me that the mangaka behind two very mediocre series came up with the incredible My Hero Academia.
>Koganeiro
Nothing special, just a simple little mini-series.
>Assassination Classroom
It's okay, but very overrated. I don't like how there are so many characters but only a few have ever actually been built up.
>Takamagahara
Absolutely horrible in every way.
>Retsu!!! Date Senpai
Horribly unfunny gag manga
>Retsu!!! Date Senpai
Neat little sports series with incredible art. Shame it got cancelled.
>Hungry Joker
Horribly written and borderline plagiarized series that feels like it was written by a 10 year old.
>Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
Fun gag series that had the potential to be more if it was given the chance to continue.
>Shokugeki no Soma
It was good before it became a repetitive tournament fest.
>Koisuru Edison
Absolutely awful
>World Trigger
It's gotten a lot better as of late, but it's still a pretty bland series that doesn't do anything special. It's a very comfy read though so I'll probably keep following it until it gets cancelled in a year.
>Soul Catcher(S)
Neat idea for a series but had pretty terrible art. I'm shocked it was able to last over a year in Jump.
>Mutou Black
While the story took a bit too much inspiration from Kenshin, I absolutely loved the art, panel-work, and atmosphere and was incredibly bummed to see this one go. Hope the mangaka comes back with a new series sooner than later.
>Soul Catcher(S)
Neat art, but pretty poorly written and repetitive baseball series.
>Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Pretty fun prequel to Dragon Ball.
I see people bash on it sometimes, but I think they were expecting something that the series wasn't ever going to be.
>>
>>124386448
>Kurokuroku
Generic mediocre gag/battle manga.
>Hime-dol!!
Bland romcom
>Hachi
I hated the art and panel-work, and I felt the writing wasn't very good either.
>Koi no Cupid Yakenohara Jin
Had pretty bad art, but it was a very funny gag manga.
>Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Haven't read too much of this, but it's a comfy little gag series.
>Isobe Isobee Monogatari
I don't understand why this was so popular in the Western manga community. The art was mediocre, the world building was nonexistent, the characters were bad, the plot progression and pacing was wack before the series was even at risk of cancellation, and just straight up wasn't very good.
Had some neat character designs though.
>Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Fucking miss this series a ton.
Despite the premise, it wasn't edgy at all and was actually a very funny and whimsical battle manga that reminded me so much of the late 90's/early 2000's battle manga I grew up with.
>iShoujo
Probably one of the best RomCom's Jump has ever run. It's clear they recognized it too by giving it a sequel in Jump+.
>Stealth Symphony
Pretty bland and generic.
>Tokyo Wonder Boys
Neat art, but terrible in all other aspects.
>Hinomaru Sumo
Best sports series in Jump since Eyeshield 21. Everybody should be checking this out.
>Sore Ike! Yuugou-kun
Didn't read this mini-series.
>My Hero Academia
Fucking based as fuck. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite battle manga of all time. Really hoping it can keep this level of consistency throughout.
>Mitsukubi Condor
Generic and tonally inconsistent.
>Yoakemono
Steals from a lot of other series and is pretty poorly written. Has really really good art, panel-work, and character designs though so I'm excited to see what this mangaka does in the future.
>>
>>124386481
>Judos
Terrible art, but it was an okay goofy read.
>Hi-Fi Cluster
Didn't read. That faggot Sharkbait killed it for me before I was able to give it a chance.
>Sporting Salt
Absolutely awful.
>Moromono no Jijou
Didn't read this mini-series.
>Takujō no Ageha
Honestly a pretty decent sports series. Kind of bummed its getting cancelled.
>Takujō no Ageha
Juvenile.
>Gakkyū Hōtei
Bland soulless series that happens to have great art.
>Kagamigami
Really well written and funny with great art, characters, and panel-work. Really hoping this succeeds because I fucking love Iwashiro.
>Black Clover
See what I said about Hungry Joker.
>Cyborg Roggy
>Ultra Battle Satellite
Haven't read.
>>
What are the 3 manga that are starting soon? I remember one by some person /a/ was excited about.
>>
>>124386093
>World trigger
>crap
Elaborate
>>
>>124386512
>I remember one by some person /a/ was excited about.
Yeah, wasn't it the guy who made Onani Master or whatever the fuck?
>>
>>124386448
That second Retu Date Senpai is supposed to be Cross Manage.
>>124386481
The second Isobe Isobe Monogatari is supposed to be Iron Knight.
The third Isobe Isobe Monogatari is Illegal Rare.
>>124386505
The second Takujo no Ageha was E-Robot.
>>
>>124386448

>Hungry Joker
>Horribly written and borderline plagiarized series that feels like it was written by a 10 year old.

Out of curiosity, what manga was it plagiarizing? Kind of want to read something similar
>>
The only new one I like is Roggy, but I was mostly drawn in by the nice art and character design.
>>
>>124386640
Not necessarily any specific series, but it just seemed like a combination of so many different popular series without any originality.
I definitely saw a lot of inspiration from D. Gray Man specifically though.
>>
What are the expectations for the new series?

>sports(dancing is pretty much a sport in shounen)/romance
>action/comedy/lewd
>adventure/comedy
>>
Boku no Hero Academia > *
>>
>>124386957
All three will be cancelled within 20 chapters.
Maybe one will even end in 10 alongside the Naruto side-story.
There are too many uncancelleable and popular series in Jump right now for another success.
We're going to have to wait for Gintama's, AssClass's, and maybe Nisekoi's natural ends around the end of the year before we'll see another big Jump success.
>>
>>124385496
I find him hilarious, that's all. I hope he keeps it up. I wasn't badmouthing him.
>>
>>124386957
the kid in the last panel looks like that one faggot from digimon frontier, so I'll predict that none of these three series will reach chapter 30.
>>
>>124386448
>Soul Catcher(S)
You put it two times
>>
>>124386481
>I don't understand why this was so popular in the Western manga community. The art was mediocre, the world building was nonexistent, the characters were bad, the plot progression and pacing was wack before the series was even at risk of cancellation, and just straight up wasn't very good.
One shot was good
>>
Can someone tell me how nisekoi is shounen?
>>
>>124386512
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-16/shonen-jump-magazine-launches-3-new-series-in-may/.87173
>>
>>124386505
>sharkbait
You're a user on on MH too or a lurker like me? That guy is such a huge faggot that I just can't take anything he says seriously. I can't tell if he's baiting or not either.
>>
>>124387087
This.
>One Piece
>My Hero Academia
>Haikyuu
>Isobe Isobe Monogatari
>Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan
>Shokugeki no Soma
All these series are too popular and successful to end anytime soon.

>Black Clover
>Kagamigami
Both of these have been pretty successful early on. They also may turn uncancellable.

>Ultra Battle Satellite
First ranking wasn't awful. It might raise higher in the next few weeks, we'll have to wait and see.

>AssClass
>Gintama
>Nisekoi
All of these are heading towards their ending.
I'd give them until the end of the year.

>Bleach
>Toriko
>World Trigger
>Hinomaru Sumo
All of these series are in danger of cancellation within the next year or two if they don't improve.
Hinomaru Sumo might be safe if it has a successful anime, but the other 3 probably won't make it more than another two years.

The rest are about to be cancelled in the next few weeks so they don't matter.
>>
>>124387294
Because like all shounen manga it runs in a shounen magazine. Because that's what being a shounen manga means.

Protip : romance manga for boys exist. There have been many before Nisekoi, and there will be more after.
>>
>>124387294
Shounen manga are shounen because they published in shounen magazines, you fucking retard.
WHAT ELSE WOULD IT BE?
>>
>>124387294
Because it runs in a shonen magazine?
>>
>>124387294
Because it's serialized in a magazine aimed at teenage boys, and its content is curated to appeal to teenage boys as a target demographic.

That's what it means to be shounen.
>>
>>124387294
Shonen is not a genre you fucking retard. It's a demographic.
>>124387379
Him and Pietro are probably the two single most stupidest human beings I've ever encountered.
I have no idea how Sharkbait is a mod when he's either the world's greatest troll or clinically retarded.
>>
>>124387294
>average nisekoi reader
Worse than Narutards
>>124387382
Gintana isn't ending any time soon. The other two are dying down, though.
>>
Poor Obata he's already accepted he is deep in the shit.
>>
>>124387382
>Bleach
>in danger of cancellation
Funny joke. Bleach remains one of the strongest selling manga in WSJ. Its weekly rating has been poor for years, but tankobon sales are as strong as ever.

All this shows is that Bleach's fans have stopped buying WSJ to read it weekly.
>>
>>124387470
>Gintana isn't ending any time soon
The managka even had a letter in the magazine at the beginning of this year saying that the series wouldn't be around for much longer.
Not to mention, do you lack reading comprehension? Only an absolute retard wouldn't be able to pick up on the obvious end-game elements at play in Gintama right now.
>>
>the only ongoing manga i still follow is Ao no Exorcist but that one is snail-paced

Tried most WSJ titles but never really got warm with anything.
Dropped One Piece during the fishy fish arc. They really need to stop with their love for training/tournament arcs and filler shit.

Reading most of it just feels like wasting time.
>>
>>124387382
>Bleach
>World Trigger
>All of these series are in danger of cancellation within the next year or two if they don't improve.

Stop pulling shit out of your tiny ass. Bleach and WT could stay exactly the same and they wouldn't be axed you retard.
>>
>>124387518
Just because it's a high seller doesn't make it immune to cancellation.
Nura was a high seller as well, but did poorly in the ToC and thus was cancelled.
Now Bleach obviously was a much more successful series than Nura ever was during its prime, but that just means Jump is going to give it a tad bit more leniency, but not immunity.
Bleach won't make it to the end of next year, they'll give it the Shaman King treatment.
>>
>>124387519
I don't read Gintama, and from what I've picked up here and there it seems like it's still got a good year or two left.
>>
>>124387584
Are you stupid?
First, for Bleach read >>124387592

Secondly, World Trigger sells like shit, doesn't do well in the rankings, and has a terrible anime adaptation.
The series is most likely going to end several months after its anime does, like most only semi-popular Jump manga do.
>>
>>124387610
>Gintana isn't ending any time soon
So why do you think you have anything to say on this subject?
>>
>tfw im the only with good taste so that i can see how generic and bad hero acedemia is
i don't let hype and a meme manga blind me, there's not intrusting about it.

Granted the other popular shonen manga are pretty bad too, and only One Piece is somewhat okay, and that's probably only because it has had enough time to develop. Maybe Hero acedemia can develop to okay as well, but it's shit right now. Alright now time to go read real manga.
>>
>>124387592
>>124387648
>World Trigger sells like shit
Okk bait confirmed. Also bleach is literally like OP immune to cancellation you fucking retards. The volume sales would have to be way worse than Toriko's to make a world-hit like Bleach even a candidate for axing. It's really disgusing when people write about things without knowing anything at all about them.
>>
>>124387382
>>124387087
Then you have shit like Gakkyu Hotei or Takejou no Ageha (that got axed already) to make space for new series.
There's always space for new manga in Shounen Jump
>>
>>124387592
>Just because it's a high seller doesn't make it immune to cancellation.
Confirmed retard.

Bleach is LITERALLY in the top 20 best selling manga of all time. It outsold FMA for fuck's sake.

And you think they will cancel it. You must be the dumbest motherfucker on Earth.
>>
>>124387592
Nura never sold 450-500k per tank like Bleach, not even mention the time when Bleach sales was 900k-1M
Check your facts.
>>
>>124387686
Why does anyone in this thread think they have a relevant opinion?
>>
File: 1428700846636.jpg (86KB, 845x601px) Image search: [Google]
1428700846636.jpg
86KB, 845x601px
>>124387518
>Bleach remains one of the strongest selling manga in WSJ. Its weekly rating has been poor for years, but tankobon sales are as strong as ever.
So, what can we take from this? Old fans that used to love Bleach grew up and realized their favorite mango was shit, but kept buying the volumes because they've already made it this far and might as well complete it at this point?

So sad, so sad.
>>
>>124387741
Stop being so contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
I'm a cynical fuck when it comes to manga and hate almost everything nowadays, but MHA is incredibly well written and well executed.
Yes, it uses a lot of battle shonen tropes, but it uses them very very well.
>>124387744
Bait confirmed? Do you live in LaLa land or something? You do realize that World Trigger didn't start consistently ranking in the Oricon until just recently, and even then it still doesn't do all that well compared to its competitors?
I find it ironic that you're telling me I know nothing, when you are straight up schizophrenic with your delusions.
>>124387748
They axe series all the time and add new ones in. Those new ones will continue to just be fodder though if we don't lose some of the uncancellable series first.
>>124387783
You act as if it still sells the same as it did during it prime.
Face bud, it sells decently, but it does terrible in the magazine rankings, and has a cancelled anime because it's TV ratings were also abysmal.
>>124387838
Do you not know how to read?
>Now Bleach obviously was a much more successful series than Nura ever was during its prime, but that just means Jump is going to give it a tad bit more leniency, but not immunity.
>>
Black Clover is garbage
>>
>>124387880
Bleach is horrible to read on a weekly basis because of the slow pacing. It reads much faster when you marathon it. Longtime fans of the series trust it enough to buy the tanks without reading it weekly.
>>
File: shit-taste.png (15KB, 197x101px) Image search: [Google]
shit-taste.png
15KB, 197x101px
>>124386448
>>Haikyū!!
>Bland and generic to a fault.
>>
>>124387880
>So sad, so sad.
That's what all of us did with naruto mentallywise. We read it until the end just for the sake of it, there's is literally nothing wrong with doing so.
>>
>WSJ
>all shit

>other magazins
>Magi
>Conan
>Shingeki
>Exorcist

One Piece is literally the only thing keeping Jump alive. If Oda dies they might as well commit sudoku.
>>
>>124387995
Magi has been complete shit since the War arc.
Conan is meandering and dragging on and is just filler at this point.
Shingeki is edgy shit that peaked early and then collapsed.
Ao no Exorcist is one of the most generic things I've ever read.
>>
>>124387911
>I find it ironic that you're telling me I know nothing, when you are straight up schizophrenic with your delusions.
you fucking retard, WT doesn't sell nearly as much as bleach or One Piece, but it does well enough to evade a potential axing and it will obviously continue to do so. Like I said you know nothing about the things you try to speak about, retard.
>>
>>124387995
You act ass if AssClass, My Hero Academia, Haikyuu, and Shokugeki no Soma aren't all huge sellers.
>>
>>124387911
Dude Bleach is 3rd in sales behind OP and AssClass,sells more thant WSJ's favorite Toriko,and one of their Milk cows is gone, are you seriously implying that is in any danger because it gets bad results on a poll?This is a business, not a popularity contest.
I will give you another example, whenever HxH returns, his ranks are always in the bottom, but the sales are huge, why they haven't axed someone who only works every 2 years? because it gives money.
Not to mention than Bleach is huge outside Japan as well.
>>
File: 1393381372422.jpg (22KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1393381372422.jpg
22KB, 300x450px
>>124384553

>know marika will lose
>making moves since 3 years ago to end up as his canon lover

holy shit Y-san is a fucking genius
>>
>>124388073
Buddy, I don't even know where to start with you.
You're wrong, but that's okay I guess.
>>
>>124387995
Out of those 4 only SnK sells more than the your average WSJ manga and Exorcist is on Jump Square.
>>
>>124387382
>>124387087
>nisekoi
>in danger of ending

Nisekoi will continue until it is no longer profitable
>>
My Hero Academia
Food wars
Nisekoi
Toriko

Don't read the rest.
>>
>>124388160
Er, what? Magi sells better than or at least as well as most Jump series actually.
>>
>>124388152
>being unable to keep up any kind of discussing
Alright retard, just stop trying to force your stupid dangerous superficial knowledge on us
>>
>>124384553
Nisekoi is garbage

Hero Academy is okay

I haven't read the others
>>
>>124388200
Dude, you have no knowledge of Jump history whatsoever.
I can't talk with somebody who doesn't know what they are talking about.
If you want to believe that World Trigger is totally safe, then go right ahead, but objective historical fact disagrees with you.
>>
>>124387995
Jump does best when not doing battle shounens nowadays.
Haikyuu, AssClass and Shokugeki are all big hits.
>>
>>124387911
After the begin of the Large invasion arc all volume ranking every day in oricon.
Also you are a retard who doesn't know the reason about the cancelation of Nuramago(internal problem with the jump and not because the sales)
>>
>>124388073
Boku no Hero is already outselling World Trigger in just 3 volumes. If Black Clover and Kagamigami manage to do it in a short amount of time as well then World Trigger won't even last another year.
>>
>>124388245
Souma is a battle shonen with cooking
>>
>>124388133
In reality Y-san will probably kill himself or try to kill Naoshi when Marika loses and cries

Hence why Naoshi must keep this shit going for as long as he can
>>
>>124388240
>he tells me that I know nothing, so I'll tell him that too
Fuckin' manchild, literally kill yourself. You were proven wrong about bleahc, but at the very least 3 anons and are talking shit about WT now, I don't even like that series, but I don't have to lie about it's fate in such a retarded manner like you
>>
>>124387911
>You act as if it still sells the same as it did during it prime.
In its prime it was literally the 2nd best selling manga in Japan, selling over 1 million copies per volume. It's not selling that strongly anymore, but even half that is still incredibly high selling.
>it sells decently
It's in WSJ's top 5 best sales and has over 80 million volumes sold worldwide. The word you're looking for is "amazing," not "decent."
>>
>>124387741
How is Hero Academia bad? It's a fun and well-polished battle shounen with some likeable characters and nice art, and you can tell the mangaka is having fun with it. No it's not the greatest thing ever, but it doesn't have to be. It just is what it is and should be judged accordingly.
>>
Sorry im not 12 anymore.

All shounen are trash.
>>
>>124388288
Well yes, but it's not a traditional battle shounen like the big 3 or Toriko
>>
>>124388337
>All shounen are trash.
>>
>>124388337
Yotsubato is not trash.
>>
>>124388191
Magi sales are between 350k-400k, WSJ has like 5 series with that or more sales.
If you want a big hit outside WSJ then Nanatsu is a good example.
>>
>>124385411
I agree. Its like he joined a more vulgar(I guess its debatable) fairy tail.
>>
>>124388160
>Conan
>not outselling WSJ
You wot? Maybe compared to Bleach or Nurutu, but it's insanely high selling.
>>
>that one retard that posts in-between the discussion about shonen being bad just to fish an reply or two
I won't even quote you underage bait
>>
>>124388337
>Yotsubato
>Hunter x Hunter
>Hinomaru Sumo
>Slam Dunk
>Eyesheild 21
>Yowamushi Pedal
>Cromartie
>The majority of JoJo
>Angel Denetsu
>Fullmetal Alchemist
>Crows
>>
>>124388476
ALL SHIT.

am i cool yet /a/? can i have my very own complimentary magical moe puripuri girl?
>>
>>124388291
Why doesn't he just let Marika when then?
>>
>>124387783
>Bleach is LITERALLY in the top 20 best selling manga of all time. It outsold FMA for fuck's sake.
I know, it's a sad world we live in.
>>
File: 1410675261608.jpg (571KB, 819x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1410675261608.jpg
571KB, 819x1157px
>>124388541
>win
>>
>>124388476
most of those aren't even shonen. theyre like sports and slice of life series you faggot
>>
>>124387946
>It reads much faster when you marathon it.
No it doesn't. Bleach is seriously not worth following week to week, or even year to year. You're better off not reading it until Kubo decides to wrap up everything in 20 years. Then you can pick the manga up and read it in it's entirely in 30 min.
>>
File: bait.png (97KB, 365x385px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
97KB, 365x385px
>>124388595
>>
>>124388596
nice meme
>>
>>124388596
I personally have no problems blowing under a minute of my life a week reading bleach , then several hours complaining
>>
>>124387977
>We read it until the end just for the sake of it, there's is literally nothing wrong with doing so.
Sure, but did you buy the fucking volumes? I don't think so, you most likely read it online for free. I'm talking about the poor bastards who are actually buying shit like Bleach, or like you mentioned, Naruto.
>>
>>124384553
They're all shit, Nisekoi is probably the worst.
>>
>>124388390
>>
>>124388708
Fuck off
>>
>>124388679
>I don't think so, you most likely read it online for free.
well yeah-

>I'm talking about the poor bastards who are actually buying shit like Bleach, or like you mentioned, Naruto.
Man, it's japan you can't compare them with us. They probably feel the same way buying a volume as we feel when we read the chapters online - empty.
>>
>>124385825
Bane?
>>
This is literally Bakuman, the thread
>>
>>124387592
I never knew Nuramago was cancelled, didn't it move to another magazine and just normally ended?
>>
>>124389068
Fuck off. Shounen is a demographic, not a genre
>>
>>124389068
No, those are called Battle manga, which are the most predominant genre in the Shounen demographic, just like Romance is the predominant genre in Shoujo
>>
>>124384553
Nisekoi. That speaks volumes about the state of WSJ.

Also fucking y-san man.
>>
>>124389139
It is. It's meant for young boys. How is that not a demographic.
>>
>>124386093
>World Trigger
>crap
kill yourself
>>
>>124386448
>Assassination Classroom
>very overrated
How? There's rarely any threads, let alone ones that actually hit bump limit. I love the series to death and know it has flaws.
>>
>>124389882
Is the manga different from the anime? Because what I saw of it was terribly bland and generic.
>>
>>124390110
Overrated in Japan I mean.
It doesn't deserve to be the current number 2 of the magazine.
>>
>>124384553
what kind of bait thread is this, people are even claiming that bleach is close to cancellation
>>
>>124390309
>people are even claiming that bleach is close to cancellation
I fucking wish it was true though.
>>
>>124390309
>people are even claiming that bleach is close to cancellation
those are fucking retarded
>>
File: img000002_1.jpg (1MB, 1771x1300px) Image search: [Google]
img000002_1.jpg
1MB, 1771x1300px
>>124390249
That's a little more understandable, kids just like it, I guess.
>>
>>124390160
the manga has better pacing and the tactics/strategy aspect was (in the last 20ish chapters) better and easier doen than in most shonen
>>
>>124390309
> people are even claiming that bleach is close to cancellation
I will eat my shoe when that happens.
>>
File: Best girl.png (1MB, 1198x885px) Image search: [Google]
Best girl.png
1MB, 1198x885px
>>124390160
Bad first chapter but in the large scale invasion the quality rise.
Also pic related
>>
>>124390520
What am I looking at? Is it the lasers? Is it the grill? I don't get what's supposed to draw me to this manga in this image.
>>
>>124390582
It's presumably one of those really dramatic cool moments that without the context is meaningless, aka a one page thread
>>
>>124390624
But it's just a laser? One pages are supposed to look cool and make you interested. This doesn't interest me.
>>
>>124390624
I don't see what's either dramatic or cool about it.
>>
>>124390774
>>124390788
It's only cool when you know the plot, that anon really choose the wrong image to advertise WT
>>
What do you consider new?
You mean like ones that began serializing last year at most?
>>
>>124390915
yeah 2014+ is "new"
>>
Is Hero Academia as decent as this thread makes it out to be?
>>
>>124386448
>>Retsu!!! Date Senpai
>Horribly unfunny gag manga
>>Retsu!!! Date Senpai
>Neat little sports series with incredible art. Shame it got cancelled.
what
>>
>>124390160
WT have a very slow start so it doesn't give of the best first impression but it does get better. That and Toei is doing the anime and anything they touch turn to shit so it's unfair to judge WT based on it anime.
>>
>>124390954
Try reading it and forming your own opinion?
>>
>>124384553
Based Y-san.
>>
>>124391021
I only picked it up because I went into a thread around the Fuujin fight, and saw a hilarious picture with the Arashiyama sniper dual-wielding.
What groups are actually translating this? The botato only has 50-something onwards
>>
soma and toriko are heads above the others
>>
>>124390948
Okay then
BnHA is my favorite so far
Haven't read Roggy
Gakkyu isn't that impressive but it has great art
Black Clover is just okay, the backgrounds are pretty fucking good though
Ultra Battle Satellite is pretty fun
Want to pick up Kagamigami since I liked Psyren and this is by the same author and it has /ss/
Were there any others?
>>
>>124391291
>What groups are actually translating this?
several, just use the mega link from WSJD-kun, there are the best avaible scanlation + Viz scans
>>
>>124391291
Kissmanga has 96 chapter, the other 4 go to the archive and some dude dump it
>>
>>124391307
nice try hungry jump advertiser
>>
I checked out Black Clover and even though it's a copy paste of Naruto/Fairy Tail, I think it's pretty alright and worth the weekly read. Gakkyuei Hotei seems like dogshit though.
>>
>>124391307
Toriko is lgbt thrash, Souma is superior in every aspect
>>
>>124390375
I'm certain that my middle schooler self would like AssClass too. Matsui really knows his audience.
>>
>>124391807
I think that's why AssClass is the kind of manga that will only work now. Because, soon it will become dated.
>>
>>124392940
AssClass is already nearing end game quicker than people predicted it. Matsui isn't the type of person to have a long running series and I doubt jump can convince him otherwise.
>>
>>124394496
>Matsui isn't the type of person to have a long running series
Neuro ran for 202 chapters.
That's over four years of serialization.
>>
>>124394706
By weekly manga standard, especially Jump, that's short.
>>
>>124394975
Considering many manga in jump are just booted out at 20 chapters no it's not short at all. Jump just has a lot of famous long runners is all.
>>
Rumiko Takahashi > Any Jump hack
Rumiko Takahashi has FIVE (5) long running manga turned into anime.
>>
>>124384553
World Trigger
Boku no Hero Academia
Shokugeki no Soma

Don't think the rest matter
>>
>>124384553
Based on just these I would say World Trigger > Academia > Shokugeki > Toriko > Gakkyu Hotei > Black Clover > Nisekoi.

I look forward to WT and Academia every week, Shokugeki and Toriko are enjoyable despite some occasional quality dips, Gakkyu Hotei is stupid but enjoyable and thankfully doesn't look like it's going to overstay it's welcome, and Black Clover and Nisekoi are both pretty mediocre and forgettable, with Nisekoi only being lower because it's a lot longer.
>>
>>124395729
And they're all awful.
>>
World Trigger>Soma> Hero Academy>other stuff I don't really care about
>>
>>124395729
She is so shit that she has being canned 5 times.
>>
>>124395022
but most of those 20 chapters manga ended cause they weren't popular enough, at least compare to WSJ other series.
For a manga that's popular like AssClass most mangaka will milk it till it run dry or get bored, it's a rare thing to see someone who is having success willing to end it early, especially for a shonen manga. Even Oda admitted to stretching One Piece due to how popular it became.
>>
File: Nisekoi_.png (108KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
Nisekoi_.png
108KB, 245x204px
>>124397022
You say that but I bet you still read Nisekoi every week
>>
>>124388283
That's not how it works. They don't cancel what makes them steady money
>>
>>124397444
True. Mainly because I've been reading it from the beginning, having liked the oneshot and the author's other works.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-04-12-21h01m41s118.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-04-12-21h01m41s118.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>124384553
1. World Trigger
>INTRODUCE HUGE GAP
2. Hero Academia
>INTRODUCE BIGGER GAP
3. Everything else
>if you like Black Clover, don't breed.
>>
SnS and Boku no Hero are the best two

Black Clover seems so eh
>>
>>124394496

And as soon as it is over, people will forget. It's a manga meant to be read now, because of all the references and shit.
>>
>>124394706
Neuro was so weak, I have no idea of how the manga survived for so many chapters.
>>
File: 1423279910411.png (390KB, 480x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1423279910411.png
390KB, 480x1005px
>>124399054
>Neuro was so weak
>>
File: 023.png (313KB, 880x1300px) Image search: [Google]
023.png
313KB, 880x1300px
>>124391307
>>124396826
>>124397250
>>124397022
>Soma
Soma has a really terrible case of shit pacing. And it's not like that's the only problem with the writing.
Fortunately Tosh's pretty boys and girls save the day just by the merits of being sexy. I came just from the sheer sexual tension in pic related.
>>
Should I read the World Trigger manga? Only seen the anime for a couple of episodes. How good is the manga? Like, how good exactly?
>>
>>124385475
Where you living under a rock?
>>
I'm surprised Jump's current lineup looks so...well, healthy and varied.

None of it's A-material (One Piece has been in decline for a while now), but it's well balanced and there's far less shit than there was just three years or so ago.
>>
>>124389089
It was. That anon has his facts wrong.
>>
>>124400501
Is this because Naruto ended? Are hey are testing the waters for the next big thing?
>>
>>124400592
Are you dumb? Most of the current popular series right now were around well before Naruto's ending was even announced.
>>
>>124400734

Naruto was already "ending" for several years before it actually ended. I suspected they were in quite a hurry to serialize something that would match its sales during those final years.
>>
>>124399501
but is not me who is using a meme
>>
>>124401393
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>124384553
Seeing tosh chilling in jump is still weird, man.
>>
>>124400197
The pacing is fine, I think. The manga is just reeeaally long. I think every chapter offers something deserving of an entire chapter, I never feel like it's being dragged out. It's long though. So fucking long. Things take forever because they take forever.

Anyway, it's probably the only wsj author/artist combo where the author has pulled weight since Death Note
>>
>>124400248
Read it, but give it 20 or so chapters. At that point, you get one of the protagonists' backstories and the series gets better and better with each chapter. It's seriously, incredibly good. Lots of characters and they all feel like they matter, down to almost fodder. Huge emphasis on strategy. Skills > passion, not the other way around as is often the case. Lots of cute girls if you dig that.
>>
>>124401481
you certainly is a matsui fan (the meme proves it). then, surely will never recognize the mistakes of the works he creates. neuro is very weak, is a mystery manga without mystery or tension, only dark and edgy visuals. assclass is a little better, but, as others have said, overrated.
>>
>>124402180
I disagree in part. I mean, the manga is not bad, but has too many characters, and most of them are random. And, btw, the author reveal the past of the "co-star" so early (20 chapters) shows that he clearly was afraid of cancellation.
>>
>>124402187
>is a mystery manga without mystery or tension
It's not a mystery manga, he even said it in volume 1.
>>
>>124402352
I agree with you partly on too many characters because you do have one or two members of each squad being the "that guy". But this arc especially has done a good job of fleshing out a good handful of characters. The extra development for Nasu squad recently really helped give this fight for me some extra investment.
>>
File: newsflash.png (26KB, 237x218px) Image search: [Google]
newsflash.png
26KB, 237x218px
>>124387783
Newsflash but Bleach was cancelled three years ago.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/tite-kubo-bleach-manga-to-enter-final-arc
It's just that the jump editors decided to give Kubo the dignity to create one final arc to commit seppuku with because it was such a success.
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.