[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did it become cool to hate Cowboy Bebop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

When did it become cool to hate Cowboy Bebop?
>>
When it became cool to have your own opinion.
>>
>>123790080
Hipsters.
>>
When did it become cool to make unnecessarily provocative OPs just to attract attention and start YET ANOTHER Bebop thread
>>
>>123790080
I liked it. 9/10
>>
>>123790080
Normalfags like it so it must be terrible.
>>
Teddy Bomber best episode
>>
Literally hipsters. It's a reaction to the fact that every normalfag and their mother has watched it, and /v/ faggots claim it's the only good show Japan has ever produced. It's cool to hate popular things.
>>
People don't truly hate the show itself.

At the most people will say it's overrated, and well, it kind of is. Doesn't mean it's bad though.

What people hate is its retarded fans who have watched about 5 shows in their entire life and then claim that Cowboy Bebop is the undisputable best show ever made and that everything else sucks.

It's basically the same as with Zelda OoT. Both came out in the late 90s, are good in their own right but are massively overrated up to the point where they are constantly heralded as the absolute pinnacle of their medium especially by people who have hardly ever experienced much else of said medium.
>>
>>123790080

>When did it become cool to hate Cowboy Bebop?

"Cowboy Bebop is the last good anime."
"I wish more anime was serious and cool like Cowboy Bebop."
"Nothing will ever top Cowboy Bebop."
"Cowboy Bebop has the best ending ever."

etc. etc. The fans took a decent show and turned it into an annoying obsession.
>>
>>123790547
This pretty much sums up my feelings.
>>
>/a/ is so contrarian that cowboy bebop is actually underrated
>>
When did it become cool on /a/ to like pedophile shit and not cowtits?
>>
>>123790590

>When did it become cool on /a/ to like pedophile shit and not cowtits?
At the very start back in 2004. There's actually more big tit lovers today than ever before. And the loli lovers have become a very vocal and annoying minority.
>>
/a/ faggots have a complex with newfag anime fans who've only watched Bebop and other Toonami/AS shows, despite the fact that they almost never post here. This is because, despite their claims otherwise, most of the board visits other shit sites like Reddit and bring their anger at those normalfags over here. It's like /v/ hating the Xbox fanbase when it doesn't even exist on /v/ itself.
>>
>>123790590
Gratz on your first bait.
>>
>>123790547
I understand and agree with your post, BUT I do think that CB will probably never be topped. Nothing else has quite matched it's style and atmosphere, but it'd be interesting to see another show try.
>>
File: 90s.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
90s.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
The 90s was... not the best decade for anime. At the same time, it was when anime started becoming popular in the west. Cowboy Bebop got a lot of the right checkboxes: it didn't pander to adolescent tastes, it wasn't a mech show, it didn't center on schoolchildren, it wasn't a thinly disguised toy commercial, and it was actually pretty good. Those factors, together with the timing, meant that it got a fairly solid fanbase in the west.

Remember that kid in school who was obsessed with Trigun, and named his player in Quake 3 "Vash" and downloaded a special "Vash" model? Trigun is not a bad show by any means, but back then, you had to be careful never to talk about Trigun when that kid was around.
>>
>>123790547
This. I love bebop and it's probably my favourite anime after champloo but it isn't the only one that has that level of quality.

The fanbase is obnoxious as fuck
>>
>>123790729
Except newfags swarm this board on a daily basis. Also if you're on /a/ after 2007 you're a fucking newfag.
>>
>>123790739
Troll harder next time.
>>
>>123790748
>The 90s was... not the best decade for anime
Incorrect
>>
>>123790279
Because of Andy, right?
>>
>>123790783
A handful of threads a day that get shut down in under ten posts is not "swarming."
>>
>>123790547

You forgot:

"More shows need to be like Cowboy Bebop to appeal to the west!"

If only one specific type of show can appeal to the west, then the west will never like anime as a whole. Please stop this Adult Swim fags....
>>
>>123790547
I genuinely like it, yet I'm not that obsessed with it.

And we never knew what happened to that...thing in the fridge.

Until Space Dandy came with that cosmonaut dog episode where Meow ate it.
>>
I've strived a lot in the last few years to not let the way others perceive works to influence my own. I see people's favourite things ruined for them by the way other 'fans' interpret and appreciate it, and I don't want that for myself.

It's something I see everywhere these days, and this is very much the case with much of /a/, I'm sure. It's a pity, but that's how people are.
>>
>>123790736
enjoy prison
>>
Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime
Am I a pleb?
>>
>>123790965
As long as you don't think every anime should be like bebop or hate on everything that isn't bebop then you are fine
>>
It's /v/-core so you have to be careful about handling it on /a/. Handle it right and that Cowboy Bebop thread will be one of the best threads you've ever read on /a/ that year.
>>
People on /a/ don't hate Cowboy Bebop, in fact there was a lot of hype when the blu-rays were announced.

It's the "I've seen Pokemon, Sailor Moon, DBZ, Digimon, a flavor-of-the-season show,and Cowboy Bebop, and Cowboy Bebop was the best. I have now seen all anime and can judge the whole medium as such." types that /a/ dislikes.
>>
>>123790150
>>123790253
>>123790343
>>123790547
>>123790878

These. But most of all, these:
>>123790729
>>123790514

People don't hate Cowboy Bebop, they hate the Cowboy Bebop fanbase. That's not the same thing. I'm sure there ARE people who don't like Cowboy Bebop, but "hate" is probably too strong a word for anybody. At best they're apathetic to it and at worst they got turned off by something.
>>
>>123790080
People will always hate 11/10s
>>
>>123790783
Sure, /a/ sucks, but it's only like 90% shit, other boards are closer to 95%.
>>
>>123790080
-Entry level.
-Normalfags love it.
-It's not that good.
>>
it never did
>>
>>123790080
I will watch it, you gave me a good idea
Thanks /a/non
>>
File: >healthism.jpg (29KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
>healthism.jpg
29KB, 519x370px
>>123790748
>The 90s was... not the best decade for anime.
>>
>>123791211

This is the kind of thing that is common.
Reason 1: related to fanbase
Reason 2: related to fanbase
Reason 3: actual opinion on Cowboy Bebop itself, though this could still be an opinion not based on your own subjectivity but on the hype of the show from the fans.

There's nothing wrong with being skeptical, bu to be contrarian you actually have to watch it first. If you actually don't like something, though, you should separate that from your opinion of how you perceive the fans.
>>
>>123790080
It's not cool only faggots actually hate it. It's mostly preemptive shitposting to keep the why can't they make more anime like Bebop crowd away.
>>
File: tripshitfuckoff.webm (3MB, 1280x720px)
tripshitfuckoff.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>123791375
>>
>>123791122
No. I hate cowboy bebop and am indifferent to the fanbase. It looks nice and sounds pretty, which is about as much as you can expect from film and animation, but as a scriptwriter I loathe about 70% of the episodes. It's some of the the laziest trash I've watched, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't constantly invite comparisons to much better stuff.
>>
>>123790748
>it didn't pander to adolescent tastes
Swing and a miss, but hey, overall a decent analysis.
>>
File: Shingeki no Kyojin 2.jpg (41KB, 608x448px) Image search: [Google]
Shingeki no Kyojin 2.jpg
41KB, 608x448px
>>123791769
Would be interested to hear you rip into one of the episodes. (Not like, the retarded feng shui episode, a decent one.)
>>
>>123791769
Stick that appeal to authority on your ass. It's a anonymous board, no one cares you write for a living.
>>
>>123791769
>as a scriptwriter
Suck my ass
>>
File: fuckingcringe.gif (699KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingcringe.gif
699KB, 500x281px
>>123790547
>judging the quality of an anime based parts of its fanbase

this shit is ruining /a/
>>
>>123792115
past tense
>>
>>123790547
pretty much

same with a lot of anime on the hipster curve
>>
>>123792115

Good job reading the post you're replying to. He said the show was decent, but the fanbase is bad. He specifically separated the fanbase from the show.
>>
>>123792115
Like all anime no matter how good or bad is acceptable on /a/. But what is not is general faggotry. You act like a retard, you are going to get fucked with, the group you are in acts like retards, they're going to get fucked with.

So really fanbase is the ONLY reason why /a/ would attack an anime (as opposed to just an individual).
>>
File: HeyBuddy.png (36KB, 481x458px) Image search: [Google]
HeyBuddy.png
36KB, 481x458px
>>123791953
It's not an endorsement for how you should feel about the show. It's context for my own preferences.

>>123791929
Subscribe to my blog. If you really want me to I'll rewatch an episode and comeback. In short: contrivance, cliche, and character (the lack thereof).
>>
>>123792374
The vast majority of threads on /a/ are general faggotry. Have you ever been on /a/?
>>
I think it happened around 2010-2011

I distinctly remember /a/ unironically calling Bebop one of the best anime ever in ~06
>>
>>123791769
Thank god one day you will save anime with your script(s).
>>
>>123792603
and you're one of the causes of it, which is why no one here likes you.
>>
>>123792563

Interesting. I wont argue that Bebop has contrivances nor cliches, but you can say that about any particular episodic script. What matters is what they do with those things.

As for character, I'm assuming you mean the style and personality of the writer coming through in their works, which... I'm not sure is a defensible argument against Bebop. If it has nothing else, it has character.
>>
>>123790961
You don't go to prison for being a pedophile. You go for committing crimes.

Pedophilia isn't a crime anywhere.
>>
>>123791126
I got that reference
>>
>>123792563

Nice alliteration there, broseph *tips fedora*
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.