[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

Why is Persona 4 more popular than Persona 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 57

File: P3TM1-PV4.jpg (56KB, 600x338px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P3TM1-PV4.jpg
56KB, 600x338px
Why is Persona 4 more popular than Persona 3?
>>
Waifus
>>
better girls, more than one dungeon
>>
>>122688141
This is false. P3 Girls >> P4 Girls. Mitsuru a best. The one dungeon thing is kind of true though. I still enjoyed it even if I had to scale a fucking hundred and whatever floors.
>>
File: 1425161786820.jpg (426KB, 1224x896px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425161786820.jpg
426KB, 1224x896px
I think, looking back at it P3 had better characters but P4 had better character interaction/interactivity.
You can't even SL with the guys in the dorm, the girls SL were bland, everyone fucks up in the answer. They don't do much (in comparison) as a group outside Tartarus.
They remove some features but overall P4 gameplay is tighter.
>>
>>122688217
>. P3 Girls >> P4 Girls
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 1380122483087.jpg (480KB, 960x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1380122483087.jpg
480KB, 960x640px
>>122688318
>fucks up in the answer
Junpei did nothing wrong though.

I think the difference in popularity is in part due to the cast in 4 having generally more mundane and thus relatable problems than that of 3. Probably helps that the tone is generally more playful and energetic in 4 too in both atmosphere and music.

I prefer 3 myself though, if only for Junpei.
>>
File: 1423089593799.jpg (76KB, 1000x694px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423089593799.jpg
76KB, 1000x694px
>>122688104
Characters are a lot more memorable and likable. While you get the jive that the Investigator Team are close friends SEES are just a group of individuals who learn to put up with one another without becoming close or even getting to know what another, it feels disconnect with the player. As this anon>>122688318 points out the lack of SL among the cast hurts it and the scripted ones for P3P are terrible. Also Strega were shitty, boring forgettable characters while Adachi was a fucking riot who outshined the cast of P3. And yeah P4 is just an overall better game than P3, it's fun to play and isn't needlessly frustrating or tedious like P3 or the other Persona games some may call it easier but those are the same type of people still wanking off to P2 for 15 years.

Also there's a very nostalgic feeling about the setting which appeals to people who went through high school or grew up in the country which Japan is really big on while P3 has the atypical "modern" setting that isn't nearly as nostalgic or endearing. P4 has it's narrative flaws for one a lot of people seem to think it's tonally inconsistent and that it's more self-fantasy orientated in comparison to P3 (an argument I still fine silly) but it's appeal is obvious and I can see why Atlus pushed it for so long given how much people love it. I hope P5 can strike a balance between P3's narrative and P4's characterization.
>>
This is my personal opininon
P3>P2IS>P2EP>P4>P1
I expect P5 to surpass P3
>>
>>122688318
> p4
> better SOlinks
They just jerk you off
>>
>>>/v/
>>
Persona 3 was a mess from a storytelling perspective. So much death thrown in your face from the start it loses all impact. It had terrible pacing, 90% of the game is just dicking around with no progression. Everyone's backstories are loaded with as much trauma as possible to make them seem sympathetic, but in reality all it does is come across contrived to anyone older than 16.

Persona 4 was able to communicate tragedy more realistically because the atmosphere of a game was more down to earth, so actual events are more hard-hitting Nanako's kidnapping was more impacting than every single death in 3 combined. The kids in 4 felt like they'd be friends in real life whereas the kids in 3 just seemed like they were comrades. The issues character's dealt with were more nuanced than "my brother/father/sister/mother/family died feel sad for me now pls." 4 also had better dungeon design and music too but I guess that's more subjective.

so basically 4 is more popular than 3 because it's a better game.
>>
>>122688845
What a shitty opinion
>>
>>122688898
/v/ pls
>>
File: 1345173105549.jpg (32KB, 455x285px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1345173105549.jpg
32KB, 455x285px
>>122689021
>Nanako's kidnapping was more impacting than every single death in 3 combined
Too bad she was magically resurrected by the power of friendship and then you kill the final boss (who had nothing to do with a plot) with another power of friendship.
There was nothing as hard-hitting in p4 as the ending of p3.
>>
>>122689174
>p3 ending
>hard hitting

I love this meme
>>
File: 1379317085970.png (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1379317085970.png
25KB, 300x300px
Persona 2 is the one that should get an anime.
>>
>>122688104
You can actually control you party in battle.
>>
>>122689174
>Criticizing P4 for using the power of Friendship when you beat the final boss in P3 by using the power of friendship

Okay
>>
File: 1405883863720.jpg (653KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405883863720.jpg
653KB, 1024x1024px
It really is waifus. Plus it is literally "Weaboo Simulator 2009". But in my opinion it plays way better than 3, 3 beats it in story by a long shot
>>
File: 1417032123768.png (146KB, 709x633px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417032123768.png
146KB, 709x633px
>>122688104
Here's a better question: What are you /v/ermin even doing here?
>>
>>122688318
>yfw when Ken Kaneki is basically Minato
>>
>>122689235
That wasn't even friendship, that was pure determination.
>>122689215
>MC's soulless body dragged itself along for a couple more months just so he can fulfill that one promise everyone forgot.
>Not hard-hitting.
You have no heart.
>>
>>122689221
It should because the game itself has aged poorly. Lisa a best
>>
>>122689267
>It really is waifus.
>The most popular characters are fujoshi bait
>The most waifuest and otaku bait characters are the least popular
>>
>>122689271
Both have anime , so they can be talked about in a/.

GTFO newfag.
>>
File: 4445511.jpg (246KB, 600x785px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4445511.jpg
246KB, 600x785px
I like both games equally but they're not as good as Persona 2.
>>
>>122689306
>nobody talks about the respective anime
>all the arguments involve gameplay
>somehow this is not a shameless stealth /v/ thread

saged, reported, fuck off and die in a sewer
>>
>>122689174
> had nothing to do with the plot

No wonder you think P3s ending was hard hitting.
>>
>>122689298
>That wasn't even friendship
>When all seems lost the MC returns to the Velvet Room where Igor reminds him of the power of bonds and all of the MCs friends cheer him on.
>The final encounter is everyone cheering for the MC with Shinji's ghost appearing

Why are P3faga so fucking hypocritical?
>>
>>122689305
In the west waifus are more popular. Until the nip poll during the livestream, Chie and Naoto were at the top if I recall this other poll correctly
>>
>>122688104
I actually liked how the cast in P3 slowly came together unlike the guys in P4 who all immediately started sucking the protags dick for no reason and that you could actually be a dick in the Slinks instead of the pretty bland answers you gave in P4.

Still I loved both games for different reasons
Let's hope P5 surpass them both
>>
File: 1378852832685.jpg (121KB, 550x730px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1378852832685.jpg
121KB, 550x730px
>>122689301
Only the random encounters and fucking Mount Iwato pitfalls are annoying. Combat system is still fun and the story is nice.
It'd make a nice anime too.
>>
>>122689298
Every persona game is powered by friendship. The only difference is that MC has shitty friends and can't overcome the collective unconsciousness of humanity.
>>
>>122689388
>Chie and Naoto were at the top if I recall this other poll correctly
Nope. Yosuke was #1 and Yu and Adachi were also above Naoto. Bottom five was filled with waifus.
>>
>>122689344
Maiya is a slut, Ulala has a stupid name and Baofu is Japanese at the last minute for no discernible reason. Katsuya is cool though.
>>
>>122689388
>In the west
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>122688104
>Why is Persona 4 more popular than Persona 3?

Because it was the newest one out at the time when Fatlus got the idea of milking a hundred spinoffs out of it.

I'm currently playing both back-to-back and despite P4's general improvements, I find myself actually caring about P3 characters a lot more.
>>
>>122688104
because i want to forgot that P3MC died and become a door to suffer forever
>>
>>122689371
Sure. They weren't sucking his dick for the entire game though like it was it p4.
>>122689363
Yeah, that gas station attendant was really important throughout the whole game, not just a secret ending.
>>
>>122689473
>>122689401

>They weren't sucking his dick for the entire game though like it was it p4.

When is /v/ gonna come up with a new argument?
>>
>>122689456
When P4 was the newest entry they were milking P3 nonstop. It took almost 5 years before Atlus really started milking P4, and all the early milking was them throwing in P3 content in order to get people to buy in. Then the tables turned and P4 became more popular just because the audience had grown and P4 was the entry people most likely played.

But in 2009 and 2010? Non stop P3 wank. Novels, phone games, P3P hype, comics, figures, the new animated series, etc.

It really wasn't until Golden took off as much as it did that Atlus found out P4 could stand on its own as a property. And while P5 is still new they'll be using P4 as the bank, the same way they used P3.
>>
>>122689525
When the last one stops being absolutely true.
>>
File: 1388141849885.jpg (1MB, 900x2921px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1388141849885.jpg
1MB, 900x2921px
>>
>>122689473
> secret
> in a mystery game
> when the mystery was telegraphed to you

No wonder you think P3 was hard hitting. Not only do you not understand basic mystery elements, elements abused like fuck by the P4 team, but you can't even comprehend the domino mastermind concept.
>>
>>122689431
Top 10 Persona 4 Golden Characters

Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Tohru Adachi
Yu Narukami
Naoto Shirogane
Kanji Tatsumi
Nanako Dojima
Rise Kujikawa
Yukiko Amagi
Marie
>>
>>122689525
When they realize that the circumstances in both games are different and that the only character who really sucks up to the MC is Rise.
>>
>>122689569
Uh....yeah you proved his point.
>>
File: 1359138830971.png (24KB, 400x550px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1359138830971.png
24KB, 400x550px
>waifus

There lies personas problem really. I mean out of all the top-tier S.links not a single one of them is romance-able.
>>
>>122688104
why would you want to remember a sad memory?
>>
>>122688104
The plot is less heavy and the characters more cliche, thus overall it's easier to understand. It's also easier difficulty wise.
>>
Better marketing
>>
>>122689608
P3 cast is more blander than P4.
>>
>>122689569
Why in the name of fuck is some loser MRA shitlord like Adachi that popular?
>>
>>122689595
I was just posting the poll for posterity.
>>
File: 1426288375698.gif (921KB, 350x286px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426288375698.gif
921KB, 350x286px
>>122689525
It´s kind of funny watching this from the sidelines

I remember a few years ago everyone was shitting on P3 and defending P4 to death on /v/, and most of the arguments against P3 were the same one´s that now P4 get´s shit for

They got no opinion of their own, just spouting the same shit some retards spam mindlessly
>>
>>122689569
>Marie

Goddammit
>>
>>122688104
P3 has a depressing theme that plays with death and acceptance
while
P4 was more of a merry go lucky theme about friendship, truth , acceptance and trust and importantly, more waifus

So of course P4 was more popular
>>
>>122689569

Nanako should be above Chie
>>
>>122689608
>the characters more cliche,
Thanks for the laugh.
>>
>>122689608
The plot really isn't any less heavy. P3 is just angsty. P1, 2, and 4 leave most of the darkness in the implications.
>>
>>122689625
>bunch of walking cliches
>not bland
At least p3 had Yukari and a fucking dog stand user.
>>
>>122689676
Alot of people seem to forget how fucking goofy P2 was.
>>
>>122689448
That's cool, Anon.
Its still a fun game.
>>
>>122688141
False. P4 girls are boring as fuck bitches who slobber all over Brotag so quick to the point where it's kind of creepy. At least in P3 they're more realistic.
>>
>>122689685
>Calling P4 cast bland
>praising Yukari
>>
>>122689638
>They got no opinion of their own, just spouting the same shit some retards spam mindlessly
That describes the majority of the discussion that takes place on any board about anything that's more than a few days old.
>>
>>122689553

It really is a noticeable difference. In P4 everyone likes you instantly and everyone is waifuable instantly. In P3 there's Junpei of course, who is buttmad-jealous at you for a significant chunk of the game, but there's also the fact that none of the girls in your team are waifuable until you have maxed out the corresponding stat, and maxing them out takes a lot of time, during which all you get from them is cold shoulder. It's a super clear difference in general attitude.
>>
>>122689717
>Mitsuru
>Aegis
>Liz
>realistic


Please kill yourself
>>
>>122688845
That's pretty much my opinion too although P2IS has a better storyline than P3
>>
File: 1375681665061.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1375681665061.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>122689669
>generic pedobait loli should be placed above delicious tomboy
>>
>>122689582
>only character who really sucks up to the MC is Rise.

Rise does it harder than the rest, but they all still do it.
>>
>>122689698
A lot of people forget a lot of things about the games and end up focusing only on the most blatant repetitive catches. It's why the myth that Nyx is the strongest thing in purseowner persists because "muh death."
>>
>>122688104
fuck off
>>
>>122689748
>In P3 there's Junpei of course, who is buttmad-jealous at you for a significant chunk of the game,
Yeah....one fucking mission then he apologizes like nothing happens the next day.
>>
File: 1408057107278.png (211KB, 550x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1408057107278.png
211KB, 550x350px
>>122689659
>>
>>122689638

Have you considered the possibility that those are different people talking?
>>
>>122689698
You realize that all the stupid enemies and dumb nazi cult NWO mayan space ships plot was nyarlathotep making the case that humanity clings to the stupidest shit rather than critically looking at themselves.
>>
If Persona 5 doesn't have dual audio I won't buy it. I'll learn Japanese and then import.
I hate the bullshit they pulled off with Persona 4 Ultimax. Never again Atlus.
>>
>>122689770

>delicious tomboy

Naoto?
>>
Because Diamond is unbreakable
>>
>>122689748
No shit. Both casts were one dimensional and set to their theme.

P3 was filled with selfish pricks that couldn't see beyond themselves and their own pains.

P4 was filled with selfish pricks bored of life and wanted some excitement and change.
>>
>>122689833
>Its SUPPOSE to be silly and stupid
>>
>>122689841
No dial audio. Already confirmed.
>>
>>122689886
Not buying it then. I'm not going to support their bullshit. Time to learn Japanese even harder.
>>
>>122689886
when did they say that?
>>
>>122689841
What did they do with Ultimax?

I just bought Arena and then returned it after clearing the story and didn't feel like I wanted another dose of the P3/P4 franchise.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (59KB, 960x544px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
59KB, 960x544px
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyNHJHupYgY
>>
>>122689864
Did you even play the game? Did you somehow miss how the game treated the absurd rumours, gossip and paranoia manifesting in reality and how that tied in with the rest of the story's concepts? Greentexting isn't a terribly convincing argument against a fairly widely observed part of the game's central storytelling.
>>
>>122690000
They just have dual audio during fights, the whole story, win quotes and pretty much everything outside fights is just the English dub.
>>
>>122688104

Adachi
>>
http://strawpoll.me/3898848

>82% prefer english dub of P4
You guys agree with /v/ right?
>>
>>122690039
Again saying that its supposed to be STUPID doesnt stop it from being so. There are stories that handle absurdities fairly well and P2 isn't one of them.
>>
>>122688104
Same reason most things are popular. Shit taste
Be glad it hasn't become what persona 4 is.
>>
>>122688318
While I thought the social links in P4 were better overall, I felt that how it handled the main cast was done poorly. Persona 3, as you stated, did not have social links for the guys. The social links for the girls were just romantic subplots. This was a good thing, because it allowed the characters to develop as part of the main story. When people got their upgraded personas, it was a meaningful part of the plotline.

Persona 4 shunted off most of the growth to the social link system, which encountered the typical RPG problem of "we can't presume they did the social link for X, so we'll just pretend it never happened." After you do everyone's character dungeon, their growth as a character is minimal to nonexistent during the remainder of the main story.
>>
>>122690068
/v/ is beyond salvation.
>>
>>122690068
Haven't really played the Japanese version so I don't really have a valid opinion on it but I thought it was for the most part handled pretty well with some exceptions.
>>
>>122690222
>This was a good thing
This is how retarded P3 fags are.
>>
File: tips durarara.png (104KB, 304x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tips durarara.png
104KB, 304x352px
>>122690178
>P4 is bad because it's popular
>>
>>122690286
Nice ad hominem p4fag.
>>
>>122690286
Why dont you refute the reasoning rather than just saying he's retarded
>>
File: ooo.png (1021KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ooo.png
1021KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>122690314
>I can't read and I still Fedora meme
Good job mate. You're really proving points and making a name for yourself.
>>
>>122690286
Did you read the rest of the sentence?
>This was a good thing, because it allowed the characters to develop as part of the main story.
Instead laughing at the claim and ignoring the justification provided, could you contend against the whole argument?
>>
>>122688217
This is only true for Elizabest
>>
>>122690314
Who did you mean to quote? The post you quoted certainly contains no sentiment to that effect.
>>
>>122690360
>romancing a dude
You know Kanji was supposed to be the token fag of the group, right?
>>
>>122690222
>This was a good thing, because it allowed the characters to develop as part of the main story.
That doesn't make sense. The SLs are just a means to know who the characters are and why they act the way they do, Kanji's reason why acting like a tough guy because of his father has no connection to the plot of P4 so why does it need to be in the main story? The problem with most of the development in P3 is that they're hamfisted and melodramatic and because none of the cast have any SL there's no reason to actually care about them. One thing the P3 movies did right was handling Ken and Shinji's story which was incredibly badly done in the game to the point that people outright hated Ken for killing Shinji when it wasn't his fault.
>>
>>122690426
>Kanji was supposed to be the token fag of the group
Oh look another retard who didn't understand his character.
>>
>>122690393
>Liz best girl
My man
>General P4 girls over P3 girls
I would accept a chie but really?
Rise the idol who retired to your school, Yukiko the last tradition jap beauty Naoto the child detective AND Scrappy Doo herself.
You might want to rethink that. I mean honestly. Even if you've waifu'd one of them, just think about it.
>>
File: 1375225841719.jpg (21KB, 232x262px)
1375225841719.jpg
21KB, 232x262px
>>122690426
>>
>>122688104
P4 is more appealing to normalfags, that's it
>>
/a/ is the worst board >>122690068
>>
>>122690222
> This was a good thing, because it allowed the characters to develop as part of the main story. When people got their upgraded personas, it was a meaningful part of the plotline.

The only character this applies to is Yukari and Aegis because she's they're only one who's ties and motivation are connected to the main plot, the rest really don't even matter hell Fuuka is just there after her dungeon is over.
>>
>>122690360

What a slut.
>>
>>122688104
They're both shit anyways.
>>
The Persona 3 movies reveal just how bad the P3 story is without any gameplay to keep you entertained.
>>
File: 1425910399446.png (13KB, 166x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425910399446.png
13KB, 166x200px
>>122690036
Rise please stop being so cute
>>
>>122690476
>when it wasn't his fault.
Are you for real. I never hated Ken, in fact I liked the little dude even when I found out he was a vengeance killer but are you seriously suggesting Shinji's death isn't on him. Why? Because Strega did the job. They wouldn't be there if it wasn't for Ken and Ken would have done it anyway. This lack of comprehension is why some people like persona 4 better. It's nice and simple for nice and simple people.
>>
>>122690068
To be honest, the english dub wasn't bad. Not as good as the Japanese dub though.
Hate Chie's voice new and old.
Yukiko dub has improved since the original P4 release iirc.
Only thing the dub has over the original is Rise, as I hate Rie Kugimiya for most roles, and Laura Bailey is the best female VA dub in general.
>>
>>122690426
Play the game again.
>>
File: lewd.jpg (963KB, 2576x1936px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lewd.jpg
963KB, 2576x1936px
>>122690393
>Elizabest

Haven't heard that one before.

It fits.
>>
>>122688104
Piss easy combat
Bland waifus that you can bend and make them however you want them to be
Characters that only live to stroke then player's ego
Much lighthearted atmosphere
Mary sue protag that solves everyone's problems by just being there
Much more anime moments where you spend time doing silly shenanigans with your virtual friends without the plot advancing at all

It's basically a bigger powerfantasy
>>
File: 1393633194893.jpg (523KB, 1048x707px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393633194893.jpg
523KB, 1048x707px
>>122690583
>>
>>122690587
Shinji's death was his own damn fault. The game just did a poor job in presenting when it looked like Ken was responsible which the movie fixes.
>>
>>122690476
>and because none of the cast have any SL there's no reason to actually care about them.
What? You're going to need to clarify because that's going to be easily misunderstood. You mean that since the characters don't have SLs they don't have adequate opportunity to grow on the player, right?
>>
>>122690426
You mean Yosugay
>>
>>122690642
>the movie fixes
It's still Ken's fault m8. B-but Shinji was running from life and would have died some other way. No shit. That doesn't suddenly take away from what Ken did.
>>
File: 1370169689165.jpg (290KB, 600x426px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1370169689165.jpg
290KB, 600x426px
>>122690673
He's straight, anon.
>>
>>122690642
Indeed, I feel bad for Ken for shit like that since I loved to use him with his Zio, Hama and heal skills.
>>
File: rise.gif (101KB, 190x380px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rise.gif
101KB, 190x380px
>>122690628
>>
>>122690577
This is the most retarded post I've ever seen in my life.

1- You are ultra retarded
2- 0/10 bait

Can't decide
>>
>>122690713
It's Makoto's fault in the movie this time, His selfishness in hesitating on finishing the boss shadow when he wanted to could of had them arrive in time to save him. You can see it in his face as soon as he sees Shinji bleeding out.
>>
>>122690651
>You're going to need to clarify because that's going to be easily misunderstood.
Fine. There is no reason to care about Akihiko or his plight because the game does very little with his character. Shinji dies whatever I guess I get Caesar now. Same thing with Mitsuru. They're the most bland characters because the game does nothing with them or gives you a reason to care about them losing their respective love ones hell the only reason why Akihiko gets any remembrance is because of his English voice actor.
>>
>>122690476
Would the social links in Persona 4 been better if they happened before the dungeons?
>>
File: 1424953239940.jpg (102KB, 1276x1072px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424953239940.jpg
102KB, 1276x1072px
>>122690744
>>
>>122690768
Not saving someone isn't expressly killing someone. Yes Makato could have possibly stopped it but hesitated. Ken killed Shinji. Don't mince around when we both know how it is.
As for the movie I'm honestly not sure how I feel about him being implicated in the whole thing.
>>
Yu is such a Mary Sue it's not even funny
Everyone praises him and he brings back Nanako from the dead with his friendship powers and kills a god with them too
In Ultimax he beats the big bad by rubbing dicks with Adachi and making a sword we don't see
>>
File: 01.jpg (148KB, 800x1128px)
01.jpg
148KB, 800x1128px
Rise isn't even my favorite girl but this is my favorite doujin.
>>
>>122690817
That's not Yukiko in the back, right?
>>
>>122690777
This is it people, he's serious. This is the mindset and investment level of P4 players.
>>
>>122690837
I like him more this way, it makes him feel more human with all that hesitation.
>>
>>122690787
I think they're fine as is but they characters don't grow a lot through the course of the story which is what the problem for some people is. You can argue that "facing your self" is the best development you can give to a character in a story which the P3 cast never actually do but it makes it boring for some since it feels like they finished early on. Perhaps if you gathered the party and each one of them had to face their true selves through the course of the game rather than getting them after you complete their respective dungeons would have been better.
>>
>>122690881
>No argument

Funny when P3 fags get pushed to a corner they have nothing to say.
>>
>>122689267

Best girl right here.
>>
>>122690837
Are you a fucking moron? Ken didn't kill Shinji, Takaya's the one who fucking shot him, Shinji's the one who leap in the way of the second gunshot. Had it just been that one, he likely would of lived. Ken did nothing wrong, Shinji did nothing wrong, It's all Takaya's fault. What IS wrong is that the senpai characters, Mitsuru,Akihiko and him got barely any fucking character or flashbacks or anything besides never translated drama CD's to make you understand why they are the way they are, Makoto,Yukari,Junpei and Aigis are the only characters who we constantly see multiple sides of throughout P3's run and that extends to the arena games.
>>
>>122690856
>Mary Sue
Nobody knows what this word means anymore do they?
>>
>>122690865
It is, did you not see the true ending?
>>
>>122690865
Yes, it is

The only one´s that managed to not look like shit after the epilogue time skip is rise, who looks great, and the brotag who looks the same

Naoto is ok too i guess
>>
>>122690994
Prove to me he's not
He has no bad character traits and everyone loves and praises him
>>
> 2015
> people still don't understand Izanami's role in the plot of P4
> people still don't understand the trinity of Protag/Adachi/Namatame
> people still don't understand the thematic relation of the Persona 4 cast to Protag or how P4 plays out as an alternate ending to the story of Izanagi and Izanami

I bet you don't even understand why Tartarus appears beneath the night sky or why Nyx is on the moon either.
>>
>>122691052
kaneko has a monopoly on mythological and mystical understanding, /smtg/ told me so. you're lying
>>
>>122691052
Because the Juubi is sealed in the moon
>>
File: norn.jpg (92KB, 600x826px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
norn.jpg
92KB, 600x826px
>>122691033
Why does Akiko look so bad when everyone else became cuter?
>>
File: best p3.png (551KB, 928x1594px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
best p3.png
551KB, 928x1594px
>>122688104
P4 was aimed for a larger target audience
>>
>>122691052
THERE'S NOT ENOUGH DEATH ANDS SADNESS! THE CHARACTER ARE UNDERDEVELOPED AND SUCK YU'S DICK! JUNPEI'S IS THE MOST DEEP CHARACTER IN SMT HISTORY!
>>
>>122690068
thanks for skewing the poll babe
>>
>>122691126
Nice shitpost
>>
>>122689753
What's wrong with Mitsuru as a character, faggot?
And of course you point to the obvious exception characters that are literal Robots and shit.
>>
>>122688104
P3 is too edgy for the masses
>>
>>122690914
>You can argue that "facing your self" is the best development you can give to a character in a story which the P3 cast never actually do but it makes it boring for some since it feels like they finished early on. Perhaps if you gathered the party and each one of them had to face their true selves through the course of the game rather than getting them after you complete their respective dungeons would have been better.

I agree on this. It very much felt like their character development peaked the instant you got them in your group, and after that it was just the question of whether you waifu them or not.

Maybe it should be that you only get to fight their persona when you max out their social link.
>>
P4 is just Final Fantasy 8 if people actually liked FF8 instead of constantly dick sucking FF9.
>>
>>122689753
>Teddie
>Rise
>Naoto
>Yukiko
>realistic
>>
>>122690981
Mitsuru does have some character. She's just too focused on the mission of exterminating the shadows, and her social link comes too late in the game for the player to explore her character.
>>
File: 1387843638155.jpg (7KB, 250x238px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387843638155.jpg
7KB, 250x238px
>>122690068
>being so mad about your poll not getting the result you want you post it here
Man your life must be pretty pathetic. I hope you feel embarrassed reading this.
>>
>>122690981
Ken threw a tantrum and ran away.
>>
>>122689794
>Jealousy had nothing to do with him getting kidnapped by Chidori
ayyyy
>>
>>122691189
>Naoto
>Yukiko
>not realistic

You've never had to tackle a responsible you didn't want? Or had to deal with sexism in the workplace and people thinking you're just an idiot kid?
>>
>>122690994
No, people just throw it around. Yu is a pretty obvious Gary Stu but even then people point out all the wrong reasons for that
>>
>>122691259
It didn't.
>>
>>122691230
Yeah, that was bad as well, with how much he wanted to off himself after Shinji was found to be dying and how he was willing to let Takaya shoot him, He should of jumped off moonlight bridge or something.
>>
>>122691190
>Mitsuru does have some character
>Generic rich ice queen
Let me guess she also knows french
>Her SL links

Jesus Christ
>>
>>122691284
I mean Naoto is an idiot kid, all she does is repeat facts everybody already knows and she didn't even have the idea to place a camera somewhere filming her being abducted by Namatame
>>
>>122691052
To be fair, understanding the plot of Persona 4 requires some knowledge and understanding of Japanese Mythology. People outside of Japan don't know the story of Izanagi and Izanami.

On the other hand, the magic practicing nurse from Persona 3 was added in Persona 4 to explain what the plot.
>>
>>122689748
Why does everyone exaggerate Junpei's jealousy? He acted like that 2 times in the whole year, and he blew up once because he was scared, that's completely normal and he apologizes for all of it, the rest of the time he's a cool guy
>gives you free game
>is the first guy to talk to the protag
>talks to him in a friendly manner
>invites him to the movies
>is an open guy
>shows respect for how hard MC's life is

But of course, everyone ignores all of this because he was jealous a couple of times and that makes his whole character bad
>>
>>122691284
>Naoto
>sexism in the workplace
The lack of respect she got despite her achievements was less to do with sexism and more to do with how she was a chuuni highshooler who her peers had reason to suspect was backed by her relatives who are successful detectives themselves. Her problem with her appearance was due to the conflict between her appearance and the image of an ideal detective that she had in mind.
>>
>>122691214
Wow you're projecting so fucking hard. How does simply copy and pasting a link to a poll in any way demonstrate being mad or show a necessary amount of effort to be considered a waste of time.

inb4 lmao u mad, this post took less than 1 minute to write retard.
>>
>>122691284
By that logic Mitsuru is also realistic, having to deal with atoning for what your parents did and having to live up to everyone's expectations
>>
>>122688104
People find the edge in P3 hard to swallow. I prefer P3 over P4 myself but P4 was made to go down easy
>>
>>122691184
FF9 was garbage so I don't see why they do.
>>
>>122691284
>15 year old detective who's solved 40+ cases but is too stupid to set up a camera
>realistic
>>
>>122691454
>realistic
>having to deal with atoning for what your parents did
>>
>>122691454
>>122691516
>By that logic Mitsuru is also realistic,
>17 year old rich student council president who everyone wants but can't have who runs a company that in control of half of Japan to the point where they get police officers to give weapons to minors.
>realistic
>>
>>122691542
What, that's a completely common problem, just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others
Having to live up to other people's expectations is also a realistic problem that people in high places have to deal with
>>
>>122691542
I had to atone for my parents having me
>>
>>122691284
Almost none of the Persona party members are realistic. They're all chuuni fantasies except for like, Junpei and Yukari.
>>
>>122691516
>Everyone is tech savy

They're people these days that can't even use the internet
>>
>>122691516
>set up a camera
That one isn't too far of a stretch considering her entire character is her trying to be an old fashioned detective who solves crimes with wit and the tools at her disposal rather than a security guard who sets up cameras everywhere and just looks at footage to identify the culprit.
>>
>>122691638
>>122691624
>old fashioned

She talks many times about how she tinkers with gadgets and the like, she should AT LEAST know how a camera and wiring works
>>
>>122691598
>that's a completely common problem,
Oh wait you're serious
>>
>>122691344
Wait, in what way was she an ice queen?
>>
>>122691687
Okay, just ignore everything I said, then
>>
>>122691589
>Child given gun and working as a top ranking detective
>realistic
Wow P4 fag. Not holding double standards are we?
>>
>>122691687
Guess you're someone born to nothing and knows no one who's from an affluent family as well.
>>
What did you guys think of the first P3 movie?
Personally I think it was pretty good up until the Fuuka rescue mission. Seemed pretty retarded to have Makoto stay behind when he's like supposed to be the leader and I felt like the fight with the Empress and Emperor had some questionable music choices and the whole thing felt like it went on way too long.
>>
>>122691638
Bullshit, she uses a fucking tracking device on a truck to and she tails Mitsuru and the other shadow ops via tech as well. Persona 4 is badly written just so the assbone plot can take place, just like for some reason in crowed inaba nobody notices that the delievery man is carrying a girl or large teenager like Kanji to his truck. Have you ever lived in a suburb? People spy on each other all the time there!
>>
>>122691589
It's her father that's giving them weapons, nit her
>>
Well the one thing I appreciated more about P3 was the characters seemed to have their own lives outside of the MC but I can see the appeal of the way P4 handles the group dynamic too. P4 gives you a much bigger impression of friendship and there's more group activities with them. I don't know. The games had different tones to them so I'm not sure it's even right to compare them.
>>
>>122691687
Having to live up to expectations is a common problem, isn't it? Certainly not to the extent shown to be pressuring Mitsuru given her circumstances but the idea of having to satisfy expectations and the pressure it exerts should be pretty relatable to just about anyone.
>>
>>122691762
Or the company for that matter.
>>
>>122691753
>What did you guys think of the first P3 movie?
Shit. Second one is way better
>>
>>122691789
That's also Yukiko's issue too for fucks sake.

>p4fags
>>
>>122691784
>Well the one thing I appreciated more about P3 was the characters seemed to have their own lives outside of the MC
Akihiko has a life?
>>
>>122691806
But the 2nd was way too rushed and skipped a ton of characterization and interaction.
>>
>>122691753
I liked both of them, the first because of how they showed MC's awakening and the moments Fuuka had
The second one because of Shinji and Ken, although the way that they present Aigis is a bit grating
>>
>>122691842
>That's also Yukiko's issue too for fucks sake.
Actually it's not
>>122691789
>Having to live up to expectations is a common problem, isn't it?

Yeah maybe back in the 50's when inheritance was a common practice but it's dated nowadays.
>>
>>122691845
You don't consider gymrats having lives?
>>
>>122691845
He has Shinji, his training and Ken to an extent
>>
>>122691745
>>122691713
>Affluent family

Then it's not common. Glad you agree

>>122691739
It wasn't an actual gun you fucking retard.
>>
>>122691902
Just because you're an abortion whose parents expect nothing from doesn't mean everybody else is useless as well.
>>
>>122691784
I think it makes sense for the supporting cast in 4 to revolve more around the MC in comparison to 3 since they set out to investigate the murders as a group effort and don't have any private ambitions for doing so like the characters in 3 do. They just thought it was interesting and even share a cool little secret about jumping into televisions. Not to mention they're out in the sticks where there's little to do rather than out in the city where there's plenty of shit to do.
>>
>>122691958
Oh right, it's a fake gun that shoots fake bullets
>>
>>122691893
Honestly I was a little disappointed in how they showed Makoto summon his Persona. I remember in the game it almost felt like Thanatos went full Unit-01 on the Shadow but in the movie he just kinda cuts him up.
>>
>>122691958
Wow, what poverty stricken shithole do you live in?
>>
>>122691981
It has nothing to do with classes it's just not a common practice like you believe. Most families from upper class don't really epect much from their children to begin with.
>>
>>122691995
Also wasn't Yu the de-facto leader of the Investigation Group while Makoto was just a valuable asset to SEES?
>>
>>122692046
You forget, the target audience for p3 are the japs, which you know, are asians.
>>
>>122692022
I'm pretty sure your parents have no expectations of you considering you're posting here
>>
>>122690222
I agree with this. It was most apparent for some people who have a dedicated resolve in their personality at the end of their SL, which then doesn't translate at all into the main story. Like Yosuke continuing to be assblasted about Saki's death, or Kanji continuing to get flustered every time someone brings up his hobbies.
>>
>>122692108
That only hurts everyone, including you
>>
>>122692080
They specifically assign Makoto the role of leader pretty early on in the game and they keep bringing it up whenever a new member joins or there's a full moon.
>>
>>122692108
Nah, actually im in medschool because my parents would've disowned me if i strived for something less.
>>
>>122692103
Considering most people who play P3 are NEETs and aren't in highschool? At least P4 has a SL with a character going through entrance exams while in P3 you had some faggot who quit the track team to support his family.
>>
>>122692163
He's only the field leader, Mitsuru and Ikutsuki call the shots
>>
File: thanatos.webm (3MB, 640x360px)
thanatos.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>122692011
The cutscene from the game was a lot more vicious with how Thanatos ripped apart Orpheus when he came out. Anime made it too clean.
>>
>>122692174
>medschool
They must be proud. My retarded 2nd cousin graduated three years ago.
>>
>>122692241
How much is he making compared to you?
>>
best ost https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_K0daM4dJg
>>
>>122690553
>if you are not an angst ridden self obsessed faggot you are a normalfag

/a/ in a nutshell
>>
>>122692271
He never said any of that, but okay
>>
>>122691902
>Yeah maybe back in the 50's when inheritance was a common practice but it's dated nowadays.
This isn't necessarily about explicitly obvious and harsh expectations placed on heirs of wealthy families. People place expectations on others and your position in society comes with certain responsibilities that are expected to be maintained. You could be a student flunking out of school while your siblings get scholarships. You could be caught looking at lewd pictures of little girls. People tend to have these worries and are pressured by them, and I'm not sure whether you'd be fortunate not to experience the same.

You must be wilfully ignorant of how people interact with eachother not to be able to empathise to some extent.
>>
>>122692258
A lot less for an 80 hour a week job
>>
>>122692321
>This isn't necessarily about explicitly obvious and harsh expectations placed on heirs of wealthy families
Which is why Bill Gates is giving his money to charity when he dies while his children gets a small portion and no company assets?
>>
>>122689532
I get the feeling they'll milk the shit out of p5 as much as p4.
>>
>>122692365
Is Bill gates Japanese?
>>
File: eyjp.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
eyjp.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>122692321
Use to have a friend in HS who was rich as fuck and had a family that grew the most sociated and highly bought wine in Florida. All he did was smoke pot all day and buy expensive cars.
>>
>>122692330
Could've just gone to medschool for easy money man.
>>
>>122692218
That was less spectacular than the game equivalent where Orpheus contorts and screams before being torn out from the inside by coffins and shit. Here he kind of just looks like he tried to put his head through the wrong hole on his shirt and got mad.
>>
>>122692444
Good thing that cultural values are different between Japan and America
>>
>>122692365

Bill Gates isn't some asshole from a long line of aristocracy. He knows his children are better off living their own lives and not riding his coattails. He's just some random guy who loved computers growing up, happened to write Windows and then get rich off his ass and all this time he's been trying to spend all his money as wisely as possible.

Compare him to a family that has lived in wealth for generations, who expect every child to live up to their ridiculous standards of life and create their own fortunes. Of course, they also ensure their children are as privileged as possible, actively making people look the other way when they get caught doing drugs or crashing their car while drunk.

This causes a positive feedback loop in the wealthy family's child, teaching him that he is simply better than everyone else because his family is rich. He does not have to obey the law because the law can be broken over their knee with enough money thrown around. Then he grows up, finds some way to scam a small fortune out of people and add it to his family's, and teaches his children the same shit.
>>
>>122692241
Is that Louis "Cuck King" CK?
>>
>>122692543
>aristocracy
So that means it's not common at all. Glad you agree.
>>
>>122692365
What does that have to do with anything? This isn't about actions people take and how they betray expectation but rather the fear and anxiety that comes from having to continue meeting demands. Have you never met anyone who had responsibilities they were struggling to meet? A parent who couldn't help their child through emotional distress? An athlete who messed up in a competition and failed to place? Can you really not empathise with the generic idea of having expectations and being pressured by the difficulty in meeting them? This isn't about inheritance and this isn't about money. This is about interpersonal relationships.
>>
>>122692576
Man, what a baby
>>
>>122690068
I know I like the dub.
>>122690426
That's not a dude.
>>122690393
>Elizabest
That's something I haven't heard yet. But I like it. Elizabeth has her charms and she has some of the most bizarre dates I've ever seen.
>>
>>122692576

Are you a Republican?
>>
>>122692444
Why is this about money? The anecdote is hardly relevant to begin with. This is about expectations. Rich parents don't automatically expect their children to be successful in any particular way. The circumstance is so vague that it has little to do with the discussion at hand. Can you really not consider that every person harbours expectations everyone else and being aware of this and lacking in confidence can be a contributor to anxiety?
>>
P4 is all looks and no substance, P3 is more substance than looks, people like one more over the other
>>
File: 1339253839846.jpg (236KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1339253839846.jpg
236KB, 1100x733px
>>
>>122692728
>Talking about rich families
>Why is this about money?

Are you retarded.
>>
File: download.jpg (43KB, 500x373px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
43KB, 500x373px
>>122692728
>>122692608
>>
>>122692756
>long-haired Naoto will never be canon
>>
P3's dungeon is so shit.
>>
File: laughter.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
laughter.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>122692739
>P3
>substance
>>
>>122692773
I was under the impression that we were talking about the relatability and realism of Mitsuru's problem, but it seems that I am mistaken then. Just disregard everything I said.
>>
People like Persona 4 because it is a very cozy atmospheric JRPG with a focus on wooing a girl of your choice. Persona 3 on the other hand, is not cozy at all, it's edgy as hell and is comparable to other SMT with it's setting.
>>
>>122692877
>I was under the impression that we were talking about the relatability and realism of Mitsuru's problem
Well you did a piss poor job at that.
>>
>>122692946
>hanging out in the p3 dorm while listening to that funky theme
>not cozy as fuck
>>
>>122692949
I need to identify your point of contention because this entire discussion is so disjointed that it's comedic.

Let's forget Mitsuru's particular case for a second. Some people have expectations to meet. This much you must acknowledge, right? Are you contending the claim that this is a common problem that people tend to be able to relate with to some extent?
>>
>>122693080
Hard to be cozy with such over looming death.
>>
>>122692826
Never say never man.
>>
>>122692946
>walking around the dorm
>walking around the school
>walking around the city
>all while funky tracks play
>not cozy

Nigga you crazy
>>
File: 26471203.jpg (732KB, 1000x1062px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
26471203.jpg
732KB, 1000x1062px
>>
>>122688104
That's like asking why IS sold so well.
>>
File: 26383216_p0.jpg (332KB, 900x669px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
26383216_p0.jpg
332KB, 900x669px
>>
>>122688104
Probably because more people enjoyed that P4 was way more lighthearted than P3.

P3 does have some humorous moments (Like that Fuuka recording) but P4 in general was far more happy and fun times.

It's solely a matter of taste really and means that more people liked that lighthearted aspect of P4.
>>
Who was stronger? Nyx or Izanami in terms of lore? I'd want to say Nyx because it couldn't actually even be defeated and is constantly summoned by humanity.
>>
>>122694105
Nyx, obviously
Izanami was just a minor land goddess, Nyx was death itself and not even a guy with the universe arcana could defeat her, only put her to sleep
>>
>>122689431
I'm referring to an older poll
>>
>>122694159
Didn't the P1 cast beat up Nyx?
>>
>>122694433
Different Nyx, same name
>>
>>122694433
Nyx is just a random demon in P1, not the same entity as in P3.
>>
I have a confession to make: I actually waifu'd Marie on my first playthrough.
>>
>>122694844
But you changed, right?
>>
I like the angsty atmosphere of P3 more than P4 though. Also at how everyone actually don't like everyone in the group before last battle.

Also at least Aragaki stay dead in P3.
>>
File: 1387191670587.jpg (296KB, 1296x758px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387191670587.jpg
296KB, 1296x758px
>>122694844
If you went for her looks, it´s excusable

Otherwise you should be punished
>>
>>122694915
I would've an Margaret so hard if I could, but since I couldn't I settled for Naoto.

>>122694965
Mostly. I liked her looks but her shitty poetry reminded me of some bint I knew in middle school who ended up dating my best mate for a while.
>>
File: 4eb655a2Ywui8ame.png (102KB, 600x630px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4eb655a2Ywui8ame.png
102KB, 600x630px
>>122693514
Naoya a cute.
>>
>>122694957
>Also at how everyone actually don't like everyone in the group before last battle.

Good point. It's not just about the MC, it's also that Yukari hates Junpei's guts for almost the whole game. There's friction in the group, instead of everyone being in a giant hugpile with MC in the middle.
>>
File: 2009-02-07-142370.jpg (239KB, 630x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2009-02-07-142370.jpg
239KB, 630x700px
>>122695008
*boy with earring
>>
>>122695051
Banter doesn't mean you hate the other person's guts
>>
>>122695086

Constantly talking shit about them does.
>>
>>122695051
I actually feels bad as MC looking at Junpei constant jealously for MC.
>>
>>122695156
>talkin shit

Like what? The only thing i remember is Yukari playfully calling him Stupie, but other than that they don't shit on each other
>>
>>122692946
>P3
>edgy

I wish faggots like you would die.
>>
>>122695322
Edgy is a word used for everything that isn't sunshine and rainbows
>>
>>122695051
>it's also that Yukari hates Junpei's guts for almost the whole game

You played the dub didn't you? The dub Yukari made her seem like a vapid cunt who hated everybody. Her jap voice expresses the playfullness a lot better.
>>
File: 40893133_big_p41.jpg (278KB, 900x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
40893133_big_p41.jpg
278KB, 900x900px
>>122695066
Let me live, anon.
>>
File: Devil-Survivor-2.jpg (277KB, 1126x714px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Devil-Survivor-2.jpg
277KB, 1126x714px
Did anyone watch the Devil Survivor anime?
>>
>>122695322
P3 is edgy, everybody shoots themselves in the head to activate their personas. That screams edgy.

Fuck you're dumb.
>>
>>122689344
>This is what autists actually believe.
>>
>>122695259

Junpei doesn't shit on Yukari. Yukari does shit on Junpei.
>playfully
I never, not even once, got the impression that she didn't mean it 100%. And she's right - Junpei is dumb. He's a practically a special needs kid. But she's the only one who rubs it in his face. She hates him, and if she doesn't, she sure as fuck acts like she does.

Yukari's character is to be the kind of bitch that thinks she's too good for everyone. That comes across perfectly in her line when you offer to walk her home before your Charisma is maxed - "I don't want any rumors to start." And this is your main love interest. The crew in P3 is a lot rougher around the edges than P4's Scooby Gang of Best Friends Forever.
>>
>>122692946
What are you talking about? Persona 3 is cozy as fuck. The setting felt like a place where you can chill and relax with friends. Even Tartarus has so god tier music that you can listen to while exploring the tower and beating shadows.

I wished they had put some of Persona 3's music into the dungeons. It would feel cathartic to beat up the Izanami to the tune of Battle for Everyone's Soul.
>>
File: 1425780121794.png (127KB, 292x297px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425780121794.png
127KB, 292x297px
>>122695587
>mfw running around in Tartalus with Track #2

It was comfy as hell. At least until the Reaper comes around.
>>
>>122695585
Anon, she doesn't mean it like that
It's supposed to be playful banter, not a full blown insult
Junpei mocks her for her fear if ghosts and she gets angry at him wnd calls him stupei, that doesn't mean they heat each other but they just have fun at each other's expenses and neither of them take it in a serious manner
Sure, Yukari is a bitch to a lot of people, but she doesn't call him stupei to make him feel bad
>>
>>122695355
>Her jap voice
I never realized that Megumi Toyoguchi had a non-Revy voice.
>>
>>122695731
My problem with Yukari is that people rarely call her out on her stupidity. They let her throw tantrums and act out with our retribution.
>>
>>122695585
It's just a standard boke/tsukkomi dynamic.

Supposedly this is a lot more obvious in Japanese, but the English dub does make her come off as more of a bitch.
>>
>>122695413
Yes, and it was shit. All the best characters get killed off and Yamato becomes the antagonist for no reason.
>>
>>122695964
Oh, definitely
Someone really needed to stop her and burst her bubble a lo of times
Her main stupid acts were going to a punk infested alley at night and cell them stupid and forcing you to take her to the hotel for no reason
Which i could tell her to fuck off
>>
>>122695964
I'm pretty sure you can call her out as MC with some of your choices.
>>
>>122691033
She still looks better with her hair tied up.
>>
>>122696037
Man, i hate this phone, can't type for shit

>>122696055
I really don't remember any other than telling her you don't trust her at the dorm, but that has no impact on her whatsoever
>>
>>122696055
You can't call Yukari out as MC because she then snaps at you, or her social link will reverse. MC must have the patience of a monk to deal with her.
>>
>>122696244
He really doesn't give a shit about much, he didn't even blink when Aigis was about to shoot him
>>
>>122688104
Same reason why P3 is more popular than P2.
People who don't like P2 have shit taste
>>
File: 1373227729016.png (159KB, 328x314px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1373227729016.png
159KB, 328x314px
>>122696244
>he actually did that cunt's social link

Not even once. Did every girl except Yukari. It's not like I need Orpheus Talos.
>>
>>122696296
P2 has great story and characters but shit everything else
The OST is nice, tho
>>
P4 was milked to shit p3> p4
>>
>>122696059
No one can argue that anon, Rise's twintails are a miracle of the universe. But she still looks good with her hair down
>>
>>122696437
It was milked to death but at least it was milked to fund P5.
>>
>>122696303
Yes, I did Yukari's S.Link. She can be pretty nice and likeable if you give it a chance. Yukari acts like a bitch because she doesn't want to be pitied, or taken advantage of. I think she's afraid of turning out like her mother (which might be ironic if you played the Answer) It explains her character, but doesn't excuse the the shit that she pulls in the Answer, or the Journey.
>>
File: 1387206720576.jpg (414KB, 1290x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387206720576.jpg
414KB, 1290x800px
>>122696059
Eh, i like both

I like her twintails hairstyle more, but the epilogue version of her has way bigger tits
>>
>>122696437
But P3 was also milked.
>fes
>p3p
>>
>>122696854
>FES
>P3P
>Fighting games
>PQ
>>
>>122696821
Yosuke is Ocelot?

Fuck man, and I thought the Kazelot theory was weird
>>
File: Chihiro.jpg (11KB, 180x283px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Chihiro.jpg
11KB, 180x283px
is a mistery, since P3 has best girl in it
>>
>>122696932
Well Yosuke is also gay so it fits.
>>
>>122696729
The Answer was stupid in general You know something's wrong when the only characters to keep their development were Fuuka and Junpei after Makoto dies.
>>
>>122696969
Oops wrong pic anon.
>>
>>122696729
I can understand where she's coming from, but someone really needs to knock some sense into her, she does reckless shit all the time and everyone else saves her ass and instead of saying sorry or saying thanks she just bitches
>>
>>122697063
Don't be an ass
>>
>>122696969
I thought I might've accidentally reverse her social link when she saw Mitsuru. Thank goodness it was a false alarm.

Aside from getting Melchizedek, and being cute, Chihiro is alright.
>>
>>122690598
>Laura Bailey is the best female VA dub in general
My nigga, she's the only one who tries to put character in her voice and change her voice from role to role
>>
>>122697063
But i hate going to the library to get her
>>
File: 2012-02-08-474039.jpg (389KB, 500x688px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2012-02-08-474039.jpg
389KB, 500x688px
I hope P5 has a cute High priestess
>>
>>122690360
what the actual fuck, isn't Naoto x Kanji supposed to be the OTP, why does Narukami even get to NTR her for himself???
>>
>>122698642
>he thinks Kanji isn't a fag
Suuuuure.
>>
>>122698778
the anime made it pretty clear that he only has eyes for Naoto, retard
>>
File: 1383913920569.jpg (77KB, 293x499px)
1383913920569.jpg
77KB, 293x499px
>Bought P4G almost a year ago
>Still haven't played it
I can't build up the courage to start playing it. This is the worst.
>>
File: 1398291318039.jpg (200KB, 1000x587px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398291318039.jpg
200KB, 1000x587px
>>122698642
Brotag fucks everything

He´s like Rance, but instead of raping the chicks they spread their legs willingly
>>
File: 1343324475340.jpg (2MB, 1920x2826px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1343324475340.jpg
2MB, 1920x2826px
Left or right?
>>
>>122698642

Because he's too beta to do anything even if you don't so why should you give up on best girl?
>>
>>122699116

Can left do right while we watch?
>>
>>122696821
So that's what they look like as old farts.
>>
>>122691052
>being based on mythology and having an idea for the theme excuses poor execution
Nope.
>>
>>122699116
When I first bought Persona 4 at the day of release, 6 years ago, at the humble age of 14, I would've said Chie, now however, given time to think, I think the answer is Yukiko.
>>
I liked it how the movie dealt with the issue most anime MC have, that is, their lives will be shitty again once they save the world.
Still cried when he shot Shinji the second time, as I still believed he would live with FeMC's pocket watch.
>>
File: 1418580448727.png (314KB, 455x536px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1418580448727.png
314KB, 455x536px
>>122699116
The only right answer is both, considering they´d most likely be into it too
>>
>>122696055
P3's MC does not care about shit, he says what you want to hear and the option that is the less problem.
>>
File: 1405449910957.jpg (1023KB, 1050x1040px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1405449910957.jpg
1023KB, 1050x1040px
>>122699116
Neither.
>>
>>122699116
Why not both?
>>
In the way that P4 was inspired by JoJo pt. 4, P3 was inspired by F/SN. Y/N?

I didn't recognize it at the time, but I think it's pretty obvious. They played F/SN in 2004 and 2 years later they decided to reboot their similar franchise about high schoolers summoning mythological entities. The settings are even pretty similar.
>>
>>122699523
>The settings are even pretty similar.
Then any supernatural fightin' anime in a city is similar to F/SN?
>>
>>122697046
What character did Akihiko lose? In the Journey he was a fight junkie and in the Answer he was going to solve his problem by beating the shit out of the others. Ken lost nothing too, he went with Akihiko. Mitsuru, I donno maybe Yukari is good with her tongue or something.
>>
>>122688104
The way I see it

Combat/Dungeons: P3 > P4
SL and everydayshit P4 > P3

Tartarus was actually enjoyable because of the request shit made it so that it wasn't an endless grind, there was the fatigue system that I think added more realism and strategic depth to the game, you could equip any weapon and the persona and people you put in your party actually mattered.

But the day to day shit when you aren't in Tartarus can get pretty boring and most of the times it's like there's nothing to fucking do. P4 fixed that but they removed a lotof the things that made combat strategic and enjoyable in P3 so it's just a chore to do. And also I think most people would prefer to just to the day to day SOL shit than combat so that played a good part in P4's popularity as well.

Some of the SEES characters have more depth than the P4 cast as well, but that doesn't even matter because you don't get the same "group of friends working together to solve the case" cozy feel like in P4.
>>
File: WhoJunp.png (103KB, 480x640px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WhoJunp.png
103KB, 480x640px
>>122688613

Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>122699585
No, both Shinto and Tatsumi Port Island are new cities built after disasters juxtaposed with old ones.
>>
>>122691284
>Naoto
>dealing with sexism

She's a fucking child, that's why nobody takes her seriously regardless of how she's dressed.

Big shock, adults don't take know-it-all kids seriously.
>>
>>122688104
It was easier to self-insert with Persona 4 because they're all high school children going on a Scooby Doo adventure.
>>
>>122699799
I don't like kids who constantly say they're a genius, but never actually do anything smart.

I hate characters like that in general.
>>
>>122690583

She can't, and she won't. Cuteness is a nuclear aspect of herself.
>>
>>122689569

> Yosuke first

I am okay with this list. Also Rise should be way above.
>>
The one very thing I hated about P4 was how everyone got their new upgraded Personas through the MC. They didn't develop on there own but relied on the MC's Dick. In P3 all the characters developed on their own without the help of the MC.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 57


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.