[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started Death Parade. Why are they so lousy judges? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Just started Death Parade. Why are they so lousy judges? And wouldn't it be better by buddhist standards not to be reborn?
>>
>>121493865
>this shit again
>>
>Why are they so lousy judges?
Because there's no god to make sure everything is perfect.
>And wouldn't it be better by buddhist standards not to be reborn?
The show has no obligation to exactly fit the standards of any known religion.
>>
>>121493865

The show doesn't follow buddhist standards, the void isn't even a void, it's literally Hell
>>
>>121494294
but why do they have buddhist statures if they are not buddhist?
>>
>>121494418
Are you trying to bait or are you that retarded?
>>
>>121494499
Nah, I'm serious. Ther would be no proper reason to include pic related and reincarnation, if it wasn't an indicator for buddhist concepts underlying that afterworld.
>>
>>121494708
And how many different schools and traditions of buddhism exists?
Which one is the right one?
>>
>>121494708
I bet you think Evangelion is about christianity
>>
>>121494807
beats me. I'm just saying that I don't think the director of that show would not arbitrarily insert things which point towards a specific religion without expecting the viewer to make a connection to it.
>>
>>121495011
Si it has to be something buddhist-like, but it can pretty much do whatever he wants starting with that.
I'm sure the show isn't trying to make any theological statement anyway.
>>
This show is like a combination of Yugioh and Jugoku shoujo
>>
So what happens with the soul when its voided?

What's the point of reincarnation if they're just going to die again and go to judgment again? Eventually they'll fuck up and just get voided. So why prolong it all?
>>
>>121496100
>So what happens with the soul when its voided?
They keep their consciousness and regrets intact for the rest of eternity.

>What's the point of reincarnation if they're just going to die again and go to judgment again? Eventually they'll fuck up and just get voided. So why prolong it all?
who knows, it's implied that there is something shady going on behind the scenes
>>
>>121496100
>What's the point of reincarnation if they're just going to die again and go to judgment again? Eventually they'll fuck up and just get voided. So why prolong it all?
You're basically asking why a person shouldn't just kill himself if he's going to die someday anyway.
>>
>>121496622
In our world, if you kill yourself, you go to Hell?
>>
>>121494708
>>121494294
Buddhism has literally hell, the fuck are you on about.
>>
>>121496966

No, it doesn't
>>
>>121498082
Then what is Naraka, a vacation resort?
>>
>>121498120
Naraka is very explicitly temporary.
One of the points of hell is that it's eternal.
>>
>>121498242
>One of the points of hell is that it's eternal.
Check your Judeo-Christiancentrism.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.